Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hey I finally got another chapter written. Please enjoy and I hope people are still interested in Landan and Mizani story.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.






Mizani woke up with a hangover. It was the phone ringing not her ears. “ Hello?,” she asked while holding her head. “ Mizani why haven’t you answered your phone?.” the bass of Maddox’s voiced caused her head to hurt more. “Babe tone it done,” was her response. Maddox stared at the phone puzzled. “ Look I was out with my girls last night and we didn’t get in until early this morning.” I have a hangover and I don’t want to argue.” she informed him early on in the conversation. There was silence on the other end of the phone which gave her a moment to try and compose her thoughts. Maddox took a deep breath before speaking knowing he better choose his words wisely. “ Look babe I was concerned and hated how we left things.” He gave her a moment to respond but she remained listening. “ I know a lot of our problems are my fault and I want to work on those issues and with me being away that’s going to be hard,” he said.


Mizani laid in bed trying to concentrate on the conversation but the pounding of head was making it impossible. “ Listen Maddox I appreciate you acknowledging that you are responsible for a lot of problems but this isn’t a conversation I want to have over the phone.” In fact I’m not being fair laying here and only half listening.” Why don’t I call you back after I am showered and have taken something for this headache,” Mizani informed him before preparing to hang up. Maddox was silent then agreed and hang up first. He stared at the phone wondering what just happened. Mizani placed the phone back in the cradle and pulled the cover her head wishing the pounding would just stop.


Landan was laying in bed wondering how Mizani was feeling this morning. When he left her place he knew she would have quite the hangover. He played the nights events over in his head. He could still feel the weight of her body against his when she straddled his lap and placed his forehead against his and the softness of her skin when he caressed her back. He wanted her in the worst way but he followed her lead. Landan was glad he didn’t take advantage of the situation. He looked at the clock and noticed it was 10 am and decided he had slept long enough. He figured he would have a quick work out and pay his mother a visit which was long over due.

Mizani showered and took aspirins before venturing into the kitchen to see the mess from the previous night. When she entered she was surprised it wasn’t dirty. The only dishes she had to worry about were their plates and wine glasses. Her thoughts were disturbed by the ringing of her door bell. Mizani wondered who it could be because she wasn’t expecting company. It a delivery guy with a floral arrangement. She signed for it and then begin to wonder who they were from. They were gorgeous and smelled delightful. Place them on the counter and reached for the card.

Mizani,
I hope you like my choices in flowers. I wasn’t sure what you liked. I picked a variety of flowers hoping one of them might be your favorite. I had a good time last night.

Landan

Mizani placed the card by the flowers and began to straighten up her apartment. Her thoughts going to Landan and their budding friendship. It was an hour later when she got a text from Kayla and Skylar asking her to join them for dinner. Mizani agreed to meet them later because she didn’t have any plans besides calling Maddox.

Landan pulled into his parents sprawling estate and notice several cars where parked in the driveway. He decided to drive around to the back of the mansion. Landon enter through a side entrance. Landan made his way to the kitchen where he heard his mom’s voice. His mother back was too him and he decided to cover her eyes. “ Guess who?,” he asked. Helen Jakobs knew who it was immediately. “ Landan darling,” she turned to hug and kiss him. “ Well isn’t this a wonderful surprise.” I’m so glad to see you are still among the living,” she pinched his cheek as she said it. Landan rubbed his cheek. “ Yeah he still among the living,” his brother Mike chimed in. “ Ask him about the hot chick he was with last night?,” he loved getting a rise out of his brother when their mother was around.

Landan grabbed a dinner roll off a tray and throw it at his brother.” You two stop that. We have company in the next room,” she informed them. It turns out his mother was having a meeting for her annual charity ball. “ Well do I know this young lady who is monopolizing my son’s time?” she asked. “ No, and don’t you have some guests to attend too.” Landan told her trying to change the subject..” Well don’t think this is the end of our conversation. I should be done in hour and you better still be here.” Helen left to continue her meeting. Once she was out of the kitchen Landan started in on his brother. “ Thanks a lot Mike,” Hey I try was his response. “ Is she going to be your date for the ball?,” was his brother next question.

Landan stopped to think how he would answer. “ First of all its complicated and we are just friends.” She has a boyfriend,” he explained. “ I wish we could have met under different circumstance. “ Well you looked pretty cozy to me last night,” Mike told him. “ I know what it may have looked like but we talked and we having an understanding.” Well that’s to bad because she is super hot,” his brother slapped him on the shoulder before getting ready to leave. “ Hey I won’t give you hard time and I’ll tell mom I was mistaken.” Mike then left. Landan looked at his watch and decided he would go for a swim and headed to the pool house to change knowing he had some time to kill before talking to his mom.

Mizani knew she should call Maddox but she didn’t want to be emotionally drained when she met up with the girls for dinner. She continued to clean her apartment. Landan swam a few laps in the pool and then showered. He went to find his mother she was still in her meeting. He decided he would call Mizani to check on her. Landan called directory assistance and her number was listed.

The phone rang before answering it she checked the caller I.D but the number came up private. Thinking it could be Maddox she answered it. “ Hello, who’s calling,” she asked. “ Mizani hi its Landan I just wanted to see how you were doing,” he told her. Mizani found herself getting giddy. “ Well, considering how much I drank last night I’m feeling ok.” she shared. “ But do you want to know what really made me feel better?.” she asked. Sure was his response. “ It was that beautiful arrangement of flowers you sent me.” Landan got a sick feeling in his stomach after hearing those words. “ Don’t get all shy on me now,” she told him.
“ Listen Mizani as much as I would like to take credit for the flowers I didn’t send you any flowers.” he confided to her. “ Well according to the card their from you.” He could hear the annoyance in her voice. “ Mizani I’m on my way over and don’t open your door until I get there,” then the phone line went dead.






Chapter End Notes:

I m excited to have the time to start writing now that the kids are back in school. Sorry for any errors. Comments and feedback are welcomed. Thanks for sticking with me and reading.