Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Alright so this is the end of the show. Special thanks to my good friend jonathan and to Niclapy. Thanks for reading and as always thanks for reading.


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter 11

At noon we draw to we draw to death

I was in a child’s room, I could tell because of all the toys and such. There was a small table with a tea set on it, a little girl at the head of the table pouring the tea into little cups.

 

“Cassie, come sit and have tea” a little voice called to me. The little girl stared at me- her brown eyes intently staring into me. “Cassie, come sit” I moved slowly to the table. This pleased the girl for she pulled out a seat for me and placed my glass of tea in front of the seat.

 

As I sat down, the girl moved to the seat next to me and sat. “Don’t worry Cassie, Alexander will join us soon” The child prattled as she fixed a glass of tea for herself. A figure entered from my left to take the seat in front of me. I gasped in shock as I stared at the face before me. “Alistair” I whispered lamely.

 

The child giggled. “No silly, Alexander. Alistair is his alius…Anius… his fake name.”

 

“Cassia” Alexander/Alistair spoke, his voice sending shivers of lust down my spine. As I looked at him I couldn’t help but realize that I had grown to have a soft spot for this loser, some where deep down in my little black heart. Feelings that could one day lead to…love.

 

The child looked at me once more and smiled softly. I smiled back at her and moved to grab my tea. “Cassia” a strange disembodied voice whispered. My smile wavered slightly but I continued to sip my tea and enjoy my company.

 

“CASSIA!” the voice called again with growing impatience. I frowned as I caught a whiff of something that smelled suspiciously like smelling salts. Groaning, I shook my head and opened my eyes slightly to look around. I was no longer with the child, but in what looked like a warehouse. I tried to move, but found that I was tied to a chair.

 

How cliché.

 

“Oh finally, you are awake.” An accented voice called. My head snapped in its direction. “Medina” I growled, remembering how the fucker had royally screwed me over twice. “Ciao, Signorina Versey, did you miss me?” He taunted softly, walking closer to me.

 

“Fuck you” I spat curling my upper lip in disgust. “Lose weight” Medina spat back with an amused smirk on his face. “And while you are at it, you should stop drinking: you make it too easy for someone to capture you, but then again you always have.” He added thoughtfully.

 

Confused I was about to call Medina out on his statement, when I noticed a hand sticking straight out of his chest, holding his still beating heart, Blood pouring from his mouth and wound and creating a puddle on the floor. I stared in shock, as the arm retracted allowing Medina’s body to fall to the floor and revealing his killer.

 

“V-Victoria” I stammered now suddenly frightened all of my spy work becoming useless. Her attention left the body before her and snapped to me, her once blue eyes now wild and red. “Actually, it is Alexia, Alexia Quest.” My eyes got so big I feared they would fall out of my head.

 

“YOU ARE QUEST” I yelped, slightly regaining some of my haughtiness. Smirking, Alexia nodded. “Well fuck me.” I whispered to myself, slumping in my bonds. Alexia chuckled bringing my attention back to her. “So what’s next? Are you gonna kill me, burn me…” I asked losing my voice before I could finish the sentence.

 

“Actually, we were thinking about taking you home” A familiar voice called behind Alexia. “Alistair or should I say Alexander, how nice of you to join us.” Alexia sneered. I snorted; I seemed like no matter here he went Alis-Alexander was hated by some chick.

 

“We need you to help us find my little sister, Alexis.” Alexia stated getting back to a serious tone. I stared at the two people who I considered my friends I mild shock. ‘Once this is over I am gonna punch Bill in the taint, quit my job, liquidate my funds, by a private island, and drink mojitos while I watch hot men play chicken in the ocean.’ I thought a slight glaze tinting my eyes. Only I would think of sex and booze at a time like this. ‘Booze….Medina…’

 

“What did Medina mean when he said I have always been easy to capture- this is the first time I have ever been compromised.” I questioned them, staring Alexander dead in the eye.

 

They both grew quiet; their focus seemed to shift from each other to me and then back in to space. “ANSWER ME DAMNIT!” I yelled my voice hoarse from anger and frustration. Alexander cleared this throat. “Haven’t you ever thought it was strange that you were the only child operative in your training, that you were the best at everything you did, that you were always slightly better than every one else, your instincts slightly sharper than every one else?” he asked, moving over to kneel before me.

 

“Didn’t you find it strange that you never got sick, ever, and that your injuries healed with in minutes after you got them?” Alexander moved a hand to caress my face. At first I moved into the caress, but when I came to my senses, I pulled back and turned my face out of his reach.

 

Alexia rolled her eyes. “Medina told you about how he and I were created?” She asked impatiently. I looked up at her and nodded. “Well then, you know that they made a second Quest, my little sister, Alexis. My Papa went and got my little sister form those horrid labs when he found out what the government did in Romania. Alexis was loved by everyone- she was so sweet, beautiful, and pure. She was smart too. Alexander was so taken by her as a child- Papa and I knew that when she was of age, Alexander would mate with her: it was a typical vampiric custom”

 

Alexia paused, her eyes cast downwards as alone tear made its way from one of her eyes. “But they took her away from us. Her and my Papa. He died with her name on his lips and I vowed to get her back. You see they took and broke our Alexis…”

“…And made her into you” Alexander finished.

 

I stopped breathing; I had a feeling I was going to faint again. “Oh no you don’t” Alexia growled and suddenly she was in front of me slapping my face. When I had calmed down a bit she turned her attention to Alexander. “Get the serum and call Ion, tell him we shall be there soon, then go get Davit and bring the car around.” Alexander nodded and vanished. With in a split second he was back carrying a cell phone and a needle.

 

I felt green when I saw that needle. “WHAT THE HELL IS THAR FOR!?!?!” I bellowed. Alexia rolled her eyes, relieving Alexander from his job by taking the needle and proceeded to move over to my squirming body and promptly stuck me in the neck, pushing the serum in. “so you can remember” she whispered.

 

Placing the needle on the ground, she stepped on it as she moved behind me and untied me. “We must leave quickly before Viper gets here. The government wants to kill all three of us.” Alexia said in a rush. I stood up, and then fell back down- got dizzy. “Damn vampire freaks and their drugs” I mumbled to myself as Alexia grabbed my arm and led me toward the exit.

“Going somewhere?” A cold accented voice sneered in front of us. In surprise, Alexia dropped my arm. “Viper” She whispered. The man in question laughed as he came out from the shadows with a Ruger SR9® 9mm, his gun trained on Alexia. 

“I can’t wait to kill you Violet or should I say Quest.” Viper said then fired two shots at Alexia. I couldn’t tell if they had hit their mark, because my drug riddled mind refused to work. ‘Note to self-get a new profession and new friends.’

 “You know Cassia” Viper started turning his sights and gun on me. “Or should I say Alexis, if you had only stayed away from Alexia and her accomplice you would have been fine. But once our agency realized that you two were shacking up, they knew then that you had to be put down. I mean we can’t have the worlds only genetically engineered vampires on a side that wasn’t their creators. So they decided to fight fire with fire” 

I furrowed my eyes in confusion. “You’re a vampire too?” I asked. I mean this was getting to be pretty ridiculous. It was the cluster fuck to end all cluster fucks and once again I found myself promising that once this was over I would be cracking skulls, before drinking  Jägermeister and getting grade A dick from fine ass Alexan- I mean from some fine ass cabana boys. 

“No, Half vampire” Viper sneered. “ That little tramp half turned me while we were having sex” ‘Well he does thins in halves’ I thought trying to hid a smile that was threatening to help me get shot sooner instead of later.

“Well say good-bye Alexis” The trigger was pulled. I was steeling myself for the shot, when Alexia threw me down to the ground and like a spider monkey on crack; she knocked the gun and Viper to the ground. It was like watching a movie, but worse because it was my life. 

As they rolled on the ground, my brain finally found my legs, and I wobbled out of there as fast as I could. Just when I had gotten to the door, it opened to reveal Alexander. Then two more shots were fired.  

I didn’t know what had happened until I felt an awful pain in my stomach. I looked down to see blood steadily pouring. Vision blurred, and I was truly afraid. I looked back up at Alexander, weakly smiling when I saw that I could still see his blond hair. Then I fell to the floor. ‘I am dying’ I thought. ‘This is bullshit- well at least I wasn’t a virgin’ I tried to joke with myself but the seriousness of the situation scared me.  

Alexander’s eyes seemed so red and angry and then grey and sad. He rushed down to cradle my body in his arms. I tried to find my voice so I could say something before I died.

“A-lex” I groaned. 

“Alexis, sweets, save your strength” He pleaded caressing my cool and paling face. I shook my head as best as I could, looking directly into his grey eyes. “I-” I tried but got caught by a cough. Blood trembled out of my lips. 

“I lo-ve y-ou” I whispered. The pain grew unbearable and my eyes rolled. I was in so much pain and I could feel myself losing the battle to stay alive. I could barely feel the hot tongue that licked my neck or the two fangs that pierced my neck. The pain grew intense and then there was darkness