Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Chapter Eight

Martha

Martha slowly backed away from the car as her eyes moved back and forth between the two men. Well, man and demon really, and one Dean had obviously dealt with before. It was like when they ran into Ruby on that bridge, only-only this felt much worse. The air was thick with the promise of violence, and the fury currently lighting Dean's eyes almost scared her more than the demon.

"You made a mistake you know." Dean said quietly. "Don't you know where the fuck you are?"

The man smiled at this, seemingly unfazed.

"You think I give a shit about them? Those are my people in that bar, I hunted side by side with half of them before your daddy even fucked your momma, I ain't scared of them." The man walked closer and Dean's fists tightened even more. "But you. You just got all kind of fucking secrets they don't even know about."

Martha inched towards the door as Dean slowly drifted toward his left, causing the demon to counter his movements. They were circling each other now, like animals stalking their prey.

"They don't know how I died Dean, do they?" The man's smile faded as his eyes narrowed. Dean's mouth tightened, but he didn't respond.

"If they knew..." The man's voice was a low hiss now, almost snake like. "That I'd been murdered by a hunter, by one of our own, you think they'll be all hot to come save your ass?"

Dean stopped suddenly, and shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know Gordon." He said. "But I'm not the one that needs fucking saving."

Dean reached out and grabbed the man's collar, pulling him forward to deliver a powerful head butt to the bridge of his nose. Gordon reared back, his nose bloody and slightly crooked, and blinked in confusion. Dean just smiled.

"Didn't know it would hurt did you?" Dean said, right before he sent an elbow flying into the man's mouth. Gordon cried out and fell to the ground, a cloud of dust forming around him.

"That's because you're a little baby demon, and this place is under a fucking protection spell." Dean began to move toward the building, to where Martha was still standing. "You're not strong enough yet Gordon. Your body still thinks it's human. How did you get your body back by the way?"

Gordon scrambled to his feet, his breathing labored as he watched them. Martha's body went cold beneath his jet black stare.

"Dean." She said, but he shook his head, tossing her the car keys.

"Go inside." He said. "Tell them there's more coming."

Martha gave a quick nod and he turned back to Gordon, just as the man rushed toward him. Martha spun around as Gordon's fist met Dean's jaw, causing him to grunt in pain.

The bar was still incredibly dim, and she bumped into a chair as she hurried inside, her eyes wide as she scanned the room for Bobby or Ellen. They were still out of sight, and after a brief moment of panic, Martha moved to the middle of the room and climbed up on the nearest chair.

"Demon outside!" she yelled, and all eyes turned towards her. Ellen suddenly appeared behind the bar, seemingly out of nowhere.

"Did you say-" Ellen began, and Martha pointed frantically towards the back door.

"There's a demon-" But she didn't have to finish her sentence. Chairs scraped against the hard floors and the sounds of guns cocking filled the room as men and women filed out the back door, toward Gordon and Dean. Ellen reached below the bar and pulled out two large shotguns, holding one out toward Martha.

"You coming?" she said.

Martha nodded, and jumped down from the chair, hurrying over to grab the weapon.

"You know how to shoot that thing." Ellen said and Martha nodded.

"Dean showed me." Martha said, causing a grin to form on Ellen's face.

"He's a good kid." Ellen said. "Now let's go save his dumb ass."

Martha let her lead the way, clutching the gun as she brought up the rear. Her eyes fell on at a lone man still sitting at a table, an icy beer clutched in his hand. He caught her staring at him and lifted the drink, giving her a small nod in salute.

"I'm right behind you." He said, taking another drink. Her eyes narrowed, but she held her tongue, realizing that apparently not ever hunter was enthusiastic about his job.

"You should look out." He told her as he sat the beer on the counter.

"I'll be fine, this isn't the first-"

"No, I mean look out."

Martha spun around and small fist rammed into her jaw, knocking her to the ground. The shotgun fell from her hands, and skidded across the floor, just out of her reach. Martha gasped with pain as her eyes lifted to meet the blue eyes of her attacker.

"I think it's time you and I had a little girl talk." Ruby said as she stood above her. "Now that the boys are all tied up and all."

Martha glared up at her, rage squeezing at her chest.

"You'd like to chat?" Martha said, before sending her foot crashing into the demon's knee. Ruby cried out in pain, clutching her leg as she hit the hard floors.

"Fine then." Martha said. "Let's chat."

pi

 

Sam

To say things were awkward now was an understatement.

The Doctor had returned to staring at the screwdrivers, his brow furrowed as if he was mentally trying to force an answer from them. And Donna-she wouldn't even look him in the eye now, which surprisingly made him feel even worse.

They thought he was crazy-at least she did. The Doctor just-well, he was just another puzzle for the man to solve, something he just hadn't figured out yet. And Sam wondered, not for the first time, why he hadn't just gone with Jack, tried to find his brother instead of flying around with a bunch of strangers.

"Sam."

He lifted his head quickly at the sound of Donna's voice. She walked over to him, her blue eyes subdued as they finally met his.

"Yeah." He said, trying not to come off as too eager. She was talking to him, and he didn't want to say anything else to fuck it up.

"I've been thinkin' about what-what you said back there, about demons."

Sam just nodded, slightly anxious as he waited for her to continue.

"And I admit, the first thing that went through my head was this is rubbish, this bloke's a bloody loon, you sure can pick'em Donna. I had a fiancée that was worshpin' an alien, did I mention that?"

"Ah-no. No I don't think so." Sam said. Donna nodded thoughtfully.

"Yeah, slip's my mind now and again. So anyway, I hear the word demon and I just reject it straight away, tell myself that can't be true because demons ain't real."

Her eyes met his as her hand reached out to grip his forearm.

"But I shouldn't have done that." She said, and lifted her free hand to gesture at their surroundings. "I mean, look where we are? We're in a bloody time machine, that little skinny man has two hearts in his chest, who the hell am I to say what's real?"

Sam looked up at The Doctor with renewed interest.

"Two hearts?"

"So yeah, my point is that I believe you." Donna said. Sam immediately met her eyes again, and she gave him a reassuring smile.

"You do?"

"Yeah." She said. "I mean, why not? Hell. Heaven, they can all be out there, just as easy as that bloody talking sun. Though I am worried a bit about that last holiday to Barcelona that one could send me straight down under."

"I don't think you have anything to worry about." Sam said, grinning himself. "I mean-someone like you would never end up in a hell dimension, you too damn nice. You'd have to sell your soul to a demon or something."

Donna squeezed his arm a bit.

"That's good to know." She said. "Though-I don't suppose any of those deals include talking off a few pounds. You know, round the middle?"

"Huh?"

"Nothing." She said, clearing her throat. "Just me talking out my ass again."

"It's me."

They both looked up as The Doctor finally spoke, his dark eyes peering at them through his glasses. He slid them off his face as they waited for him to continue. Donna, sighed impatiently, rolling her eyes.

"Alright, I'll bite." She said, rolling her eyes. "What's you?"

The Doctor began to reply, but was cut off by Sam, who answered excitedly.

"Controlling the ship." Sam said, and The Doctor smiled. Sam walked over to the middle of the TARDIS, staring at the glowing green column in the center. "It's-somehow, you're controlling the ship, where it's going." His mind began to race as the past events began to fall into place.

"You are a brilliant, aren't you?" The Doctor said to him, and Donna waved her hands in the air, causing them to both look her way.

"Yes, you both are fantastic, brilliant, whatever-can someone please explain to me what the bloody hell is going on?"

The Doctor nodded toward the green column.

"All this time, I assumed that the TARDIS was guiding herself, she's done it before, plenty of times. But this-we've been landing in places I've been, ever since Martha and Sam switched places. The screwdrivers, the ship, everything. She's been using me to chart our course, using my subconscious."

"But-why would it do that?" Donna said. "After all this time, you said it's never done that before."

"The communicator." Sam and The Doctor said it simultaneously. The Doctor walked over to the small switch on the panel, the one that Martha had fixed for him.

"You said she fixed it right before?" Sam said, and The Doctor nodded.

"And then she disappeared, and I-my mind's been consumed with her ever since, finding where she'd gone, and the TARDIS has been using that to chart our course. This isn't just a communicator, it's tuned into my mind somehow, my biological makeup, just like the TARDIS."

"The TARDIS has your DNA?" Donna said, and The Doctor nodded distractedly.

"A TARDIS isn't like a normal ship, they're grown, not built." His hand slid along the console as he spoke. "And before they can become fully functional, they must have the biological imprint of a Time Lord, the first one that operates it. This ship-I'm part of this ship and that communicator must have opened a channel of some kind, strengthened the bond between us."

"So, instead of communicating with other Time Lords, it reached out to you?" Sam said. And The Doctor nodded.

"She had to." He said quietly. "Because there are no other Time Lords."

pic

 

Dean

He spit out a mouthful of dirt and blood, a taste that surprisingly wasn't that unfamiliar to him. It did give him a bit of satisfaction to see Gordon doing the same, took some sting out of the whole being knocked flat on his ass thing. Yeah, the guy had an advantage. Being a demon, even a young one like Gordon, gave your punch a little more power than the average human. But fuck, this was Gordon Walker. And dead or alive, there was no way he was gonna let that man kick his ass.

"You ready for round two?" Gordon said as they both slowly got to their feet. Dean kept his face stoic, determine not to grimace as his ribs protested the sudden movement.

"If it will shut you the fuck up, yeah." Dean said. "Cause dammit man, I hate the sound of your voice, always did."

"Aww, now that's not true, we were tight there for a little while. Back when you were cryin' about your daddy-"

Dean's fist cut off the man's words, and Gordon fell back against the Impala, chuckling under his breath.

"Same old Dean. Still got fucking daddy issues like the bitch he is."

"I think you got issues of your own to worry about Gordon." Ellen called out from behind them. Dean looked up to see a swarm of hunters moving slowly towards them, shot guns cocked and aimed. Bobby stepped out from the back door of the bar, Dean's leather bound exorcism book clutched in his hand.

Gordon's smile faded as he stared at the faces that surrounded him. He lifted his body from the car, and straightened the collar of his blood stained shirt.

"Hello Ellen." He said, nodding his head towards her. "Still a cunt I see."

"That's right." She said. "And you ain't a hunter, which means you stay the fuck off my land."

Dean swallowed his frustration as he backed away from Gordon. He wanted to do this on his own, work the asshole's face some more, but he knew better than to argue. They watched out for each other, that was how it always was.

"Hmmm.." Gordon wiped the blood off his face as his eyes turned to Dean. "That one for all and all for one, bullshit. Yeah, I remember that. Course, I don't think the Winchesters's have fully grasped that concept, or maybe they just don't give a fuck, not sure which."

"Jesus, what are you going on about?" Ellen said. Gordon grinned tauntingly at Dean, who remained stubbornly silent. Let the fucker talk.

"Sam Winchester was the one who killed me." Gordon said, his voice almost sing-song in tone. "Snapped my neck like it was nothing, asshole was strong. Hell, I'd say almost-demon like."

"You're leaving out the part where you tried to kill him." Dean said. "You hunted him down like a fucking-"

"Demon?" Gordon finished. "I was a hunter Dean, and your brother is one of them. Deep down you know that. He'll turn on you someday, when that blood starts boiling to the surface. I saw it, right before he broke my neck. I saw that evil in his eyes. He'll kill you, all of you. Just like he-Ahhhhhhh!"

Everyone jumped slightly as Gordon began to scream in agony. His head tilted back, and the muscles in his neck were taunt as he dropped to his knees. A thick, black cloud rose from his mouth, whirling in a small cyclone, before taking off through the quickly dimming sky.

Bobby slammed the leather book shut, and gave a small grunt of satisfaction.

"Enough with that shit." He said. He watched faces of the hunters around them as they now eyed Dean suspiciously.

"You all fuck the hell off. Go drink a goddamn beer or something." Bobby said. Dean ran a hand over his face, before walking to his a car, stepping over Gordon's lifeless body along the way. The hunters began to walk towards the bar, but Ellen shook her head.

"Nope, bar's closed." She said. "He probably ain't the only one coming, so go get your shit and get ready, we got more work to do."

The group began to walk toward their vehicles, a bit of irritated grumbling here and there. Ellen and Bobby watched Dean slam his fist down on the roof of the Impala, his face furious with anger.

" Dean-" Bobby said, but Dean just shook his head.

"Where's Sam?" Dean said. "Fuck, if he's-where the hell is Sam!"

"He's probably okay Dean." Bobby said. "If what Martha said is true--."

"I don't give a shit, I need him." Dean lowered his head slightly. "Shit this-fuck, I need my brother Bobby."

"I know." Bobby said quietly. "I miss him too."

Dean looked up suddenly, staring at Ellen.

"Where's Martha?" he said. Ellen looked around, slightly confused.

"I don't-she was right behind me-"

But Dean was already running toward the bar, the rest of her sentence lost in the wind.

pic

 

Martha

Her usual reaction in these situations was to think her way out. There was always something, a way to ease oneself out of such occurrences relatively unscathed. The Doctor taught her that, and it had worked pretty well for her so far.

But now, as she scrambled across the bar room floor, eyes trained on the large shotgun she'd dropped, her mind refused to cooperate, think rationally. Only one thought ran through her mind, over and over like a mantra. Or perhaps a prayer.

Get the gun.

Martha resisted the urge to shout triumphantly as her fingers closed over the barrel, her body twisting around as Ruby grabbed her ankle. They froze simultaneously, Martha watching her over the length of the gun, Ruby's hand still gripping her ankle as the demon's eyes stared into the end of the weapon.

"That won't kill me." Ruby said. Martha cocked the gun, just as Dean had showed her.

"I'm okay with that." She said. "Let go of me."

Ruby immediately released her grip, and Martha slid her feet inward, slowly rising as she kept the gun trained on the girl's head. She heard the stomp of footsteps as Dean ran inside, stopping short at the sight in front of him.

"Are you okay?" he barked to Martha, who nodded. Dean moved closer, and his eyes darkened as he stared at her face.

"Did she hit you?" Dean said.

"I'm okay." Martha replied, but he was already moving toward Ruby, grabbing a chunk of blond hair to force her to her feet.

"Shit-fucking protection spells, that hurts!" Ruby cried. Dean's hand gripped her neck and she gasped for air.

"That better?" he said darkly. Martha walked towards them, but was stopped by Ellen's warning hand.

"He's got some shit to work out honey." She said. "Better her than you."

"You know..." Dean said coolly. "You really should stop fucking with people I care about. Cause I'm pissed right now. Can you tell?"

Ruby nodded slowly, her fingers scratching at his hand.

"And I don't think it's a fucking leap to assume you sent Gordon after me. Didn't you Ruby."

Her response this time was a loud croak, and Martha couldn't help flinching as he tossed her aside abruptly, her body slamming into the floor.

"Why." He yelled, and she eyed him warily over her coughs and gasps. "What the fuck is all this, why are they after her? Why the fuck are you..."

"I don't know!" Ruby cried out, her voice slightly hoarse. "I'm just-shit, I just do what I'm told, and I was told to kill the bitch and take the Colt. That's it. That's all."

"You and a fucking army." He said. Martha walked towards her, ignoring Dean's warning glance.

"Who was it?" she said.

"What?' Ruby snapped angrily. Martha ignored her response, keeping her eyes trained on her pale face.

"Who told you to kill me?" Martha said. "I don't understand why anyone-anything would want me dead, I haven't-"

"Apparently you pissed someone off during your perfect fucking life." Ruby spit out. "Maybe it's got something to do with you fucking him." She nodded to Dean, who began to advance on her once more. Martha stopped him, placing a hand on his arm.

"What are you-"

"Lilith." Ruby sighed, rubbing a hand across her scalp. "She wants you dead, and she wants him-"

A sarcastic smile formed on her lips as she stared at Dean.

"Hell, I think she just fucking wants him."

huh

 

The Doctor

He had a solution to the problem, as always.

If the communicator was causing all this jumping round through space, he would simply disable it. It would slightly disappointing, disassembling all of Martha's brilliant work, but it had to be done. It was past time to take control of the TARDIS, and now that they knew what was happening, why this had happened, he could begin the task of setting things right.

Only....

He knew in his gut it wasn't this simple. Yes, the TARDIS had tapped into his subconscious mind, but that didn't explain the switch, the green light that had taken her from him. That couldn't have been him, of that he was positive. Because even subconsciously there was no way he'd ever wish Martha Jones away from him. Not for one moment.

"So you're gonna break it then?" Donna said, and he nodded.

"Appears the right thing to do." He said. He could feel Sam watching him carefully, and got the strange feeling that the boy knew exactly what he was thinking. What was that he'd said about visions...?

"Maybe you shouldn't." Sam said slowly. "I mean, we still don't know why I'm here, that could have been the TARDIS, but-I don't know, it doesn't feel right."

The Doctor silently agreed. And there was the time back there, with the sun entity. He'd been in and out of awareness, catching snippets of thoughts and emotions. It had been afraid, of Sam, but of something else as well. And those words....The Dark One.'

Who was The Dark One? Was that who'd it been afraid of?

"These demons." The Doctor said, noting the wary look that crossed Sam's eyes. "Can you describe them for me, what they look like, how they act?"

"They look like humans and they act like evil assholes." Sam replied tightly. The Doctor resisted the urge to sigh with frustration.

"Look, if you can describe them for me in detail, I might be able to figure out what they actually are, what planet-"

"They're not aliens." Sam said. "Look, I know you've got his big brain and all-or, do you have two of those too?"

"No, sadly I've just the one." The Doctor said.

"Yeah, well, I grew up with those things. My dad taught us how to hunt, showed us what we were hunting. How to stop them." Sam pulled down the collar of his t-shirt, revealing the dark ink of a tattoo on his chest. The Doctor immediately slid his glasses on and leaned forward, studying it closely. It was the shape of a sun, with a star drawn inside.

"What is that." He said, fascinated.

"It's a protection spell." Sam answered. "It keeps me from being possessed. That's what they do, they get inside humans and possess them, take them over completely. Dean-my brother-he has one too."

Donna came up beside The Doctor, staring just as intently, though The Doctor doubted she was only looking at the tattoo.

"Could you pull that a bit lower, I can't see-"

"That's good Sam, thank you." The Doctor said, ignoring Donna's frustrated glare. He ran his hand through is hair, his mind unwilling to accept Sam's words. It wasn't that he didn't believe him, he did. What he couldn't believe was that Sam's demons were anything more than another species, creating havoc in a place they didn't belong. Invading bodies....had he come across someone that invaded bodies....

"Oi, I think we landed again." Donna said. "That wasn't too bad, barely noticed it really. Who's up for the grand door openin'?"

Sam and The Doctor remained silent as she looked back and forth between them.

"Are you-no one wants to open the door? That can't be true, you're the bloody Doctor." She gave him a hard slap on his arm, that hurt quite a bit more than it should have.

"It's your TARDIS, open the bloody thing. And I want one of those manic little smiles along with it. Off you go."

"Manic smiles?" The Doctor said as he made his way to the door. "I don't-I wouldn't call them manic, that's a bit extreme--."

"Whatever. Just open the thing."

Sam walked up beside him as he pulled the doors open, and the he and Donna stumbled away from the door abruptly at the sight before them, obviously startled. The Doctor only stood there, his eyes taking in yet another place from his not to distant past.

"You'll both be fine, there's air." The Doctor said, keeping his eyes forward. Donna was clutching Sam's waist tightly, only letting go when he moved forward again, to stand by The Doctor.

"How is that-possible?" Sam said, reaching out to touch the field of energy in the doorway.

"She protects us when she has too." The Doctor said and nodded to the space before him. Sam looked out as well, his eye widening as he soaked it all in.

"Are we-are we really-"'

"On the moon." The Doctor nodded as a small smile crossed his face. "That there's earth just ahead. Welcome home Samuel-well, sort of."

Sam smiled too, shaking his head in amazement.

"Dean is gonna shit a brick when I tell him about this." He said. The Doctor looked back toward the earth, his smile becoming slightly wistful.

"What is it?" Donna said behind him. The Doctor turned around, shoving his pockets in his hands.

"What was that?"

"What is it, the reason we came here?" Her blue eyes met his, searching for something. Answers perhaps, but he'd begun to feel as if he only had one to give her. The only one that made any sense.

"Martha." He said, turning back to the doorway. "I-the day I met her, we ended up on the moon. I took her out to a balcony-it was the hospital, they'd actually pulled it from the earth and-well, the rest isn't important, what is important is that she walked out with me. She was afraid, I could see it her eyes, but she did it anyway. And we stood there, staring at that planet. And then I knew..."

"You knew what?" Sam said, and The Doctor met his gaze.

"That I wanted her with me." He replied, then looked out the doors once more.

"I still do."

moon

 

Martha

Ellen had insisted they clean up at her place, telling them to stay as long as they wanted. She only hit Dean in the head once when he brought up her previous comments about the fire at Bobby's house, saying if he so much as lit a match she'd blow up his car.

That brought a quick end to the conversation.

They didn't talk about Lilith. Bobby and Ellen took off to gather more information, and Dean hadn't said a word about what Ruby had told them. It was difficult, knowing that some creature had focused on you without your knowledge, chasing you down while you're completely unaware. She'd been feeling that for days now, and didn't wish it on anyone. Especially not Dean.

Ellen's place was bigger than she thought it would be, a single level spread with six bedrooms and three bathrooms. Dean explained that she took hunters in on a regular basis now, ever since her daughter Jo had run off a year ago to become a hunter herself.

"She misses her." Dean said as Martha stared at the picture on Ellen's mantle. The girl was very pretty, with long blond hair and a small dimple in one cheek. "Ellen and Jo would fight all the time, but-she's just waiting for her to come home."

"So she mothers the lot of you then?" Martha said, and Dean grinned.

"Yeah, something like that."

Martha's eyes turned to the other pictures on the mantle, stopping on a photo of Dean and a handsome man that had to be his brother.

"Is this Sam?" She said, and he walked up beside her.

"Yeah, that's my brother." Dean said. They were standing in front of the Impala, Dean's arm tossed around his brother's neck. Sam was several inches taller, so his long body was slumped awkwardly as he grinned at the camera.

"You look close."

"Yeah, well." Dean shrugged. "We weren't always; Sam was actually at Stanford for a while, bout to head into law school. But he came with me when---when dad disappeared."

"What happened to him?" Martha said. "Your father? You don't have to say, I just-"

"He died." Dean said. "A demon killed him, happens to hunters all the time."

Martha noted his stiff shoulders and decided to drop the subject, though she was sure there was more to the story than that. Dean reached up to the mantel and brought down another picture, his features softening a bit.

"This is Dad." He said, and she looked down, seeing a man with shaggy brown hair and sad brown eyes. Martha leaned closer to the picture, a strange prickling sensation forming at her neck.

"That's your father?"

"Yeah." Dean said and placed the picture back on the mantel. "Looked more like Sam then me though, at least that's what folks tell me. Hey, are you okay?"

Martha walked over to the couch and sank down in the soft cushions. No, she wasn't okay. She actually felt a bit panicked, because she could have sworn she'd seen that man's face before. In the bar, the one who'd warned her about Ruby. But that was impossible.

Wasn't it?

"I'm just-I think I may go splash water on my face, I'll just be-"

She didn't bother to finish as she moved toward the hallway, Dean's concerned eyes following her every move. Martha found the closest bathroom, and shut the door firmly behind her, moving quickly towards the sink. She stared at her face in the mirror, noting wild glint in her eyes, the slightly ashen complexion.

A ghost? Had she'd been talking to a ghost? Or worse, was Dean's father a demon and he had no idea? But he'd saved her, sort of, warning her like that. And then he just-vanished. With everything that happened, she hadn't even noticed.

Martha waited a few more minutes before taking a deep breath in an attempt to strengthen her resolve. She should tell him, he deserved to know what she'd seen. And then they'd figure it out together, decide what to do next. About everything.

Martha emerged from the bathroom and began to slowly walk down the hall. She stopped after only moving a couple of feet, her eyes staring through an open door of one of the bedrooms.

Dean had removed his shirt, and sat on the bed, a first aid kit resting next to him. He grimaced as he applied antiseptic to a cut on his arm, one of many all over his body. Martha walked inside, noting the yellowish bruises on his ribs and back.

"You might have broken something." She said, and he looked up at her, placing the small swab down beside him.

"Nah, I don't think so." He said. "I know what that shit feels like, this will heal. It always does."

She moved the first aid kit to the side and sat next to him on the bed. Her resolve to tell him about his father was fading; she wasn't exactly sure what she'd seen. Maybe she should talk to Bobby about it first, ask him what she should do. She just really didn't want to hurt Dean, not if she didn't have to.

Martha pointed to the kit, and lifted an eyebrow.

"May I?"

Dean gave her a nod and a shrug, and she lifted a few bandages from the box, along with the antiseptic.

"Sorry about earlier." She said quietly.

"You were freaked. I understand, those fucking demons are freaky." Dean's muscles tightened as she worked on a deep cut on his shoulder blade. "Damn rocks, things were like knives."

Martha nodded silently as she carefully taped a large white bandage over the cut. She could feel him staring at her, his eyes taking in every inch of her face. The memory of his groin against hers came rushing back, and she bit her lip, struggling to focus.

"Thanks for helping me back there." Dean said, and her eyes finally met his. His hand reached up to push a strand of hair from her forehead, and his lips formed that crooked smile of his. "Getting Ellen and everyone."

"I thought you'd be angry." She said.

"I was." Dean said. "But fuck, I'm always pissed about something. You were right, doing what you did. Thanks."

"You're welcome." She said. His hand had moved down the side of her neck, fingers lightly moving across her skin. Martha's eyes drifted down his body, her medical indifference quickly fading as she took in the lean muscles of his chest. Her hand rose to the dark tattoo on his upper body, her fingers tracing the thick lines of the sun drawn on his skin.

"What's this" she whispered. "Does it mean something?"

"It's a protection spell." He replied, leaning closer to her. "Keeps the demons out. Sam has one too."

"Oh.." Martha's eyes drifted shut as his mouth moved only inches from her own. His warm breath mingled with hers, and a small shiver ran up body as his lips grazed her own.

"You mouth is so soft." He murmured, then ran his tongue across her bottom lip, causing her to emit a small whimper. Her hand slid along his neck as he teased her mouth, and she moved closer to him, her body now aching with need.

"Martha..." he whispered as her tongue met his, and the teasing became a deep, hungry stroking inside her mouth. She felt his hand reach up to find her breast and he began to knead the soft flesh slowly through the thin fabric of her t-shirt.

Her head was swimming, and she struggled to think, to focus on anything other than what he was doing to her body. God, she'd practically attacked him in the bar, been ready to have him on the roof of his car. She wasn't this person, never shagged someone she'd only met days ago. She should stop this, before it went too far. Before she-before-

Before something happened inside her that she couldn't take back.

"Dean..." Martha gasped as he broke the kiss. His mouth moved across her chin, before leaving a trail of heat down her neck. "We shouldn't....this can't..."

"Yes, it can." He said against her skin. She moaned as his fingers found her hard nipple, pulling gently at the taunt skin. Too many clothes, she thought, wanting to feel his skin on hers.

"Just say yes..." His head lifted as he met her eyes. "Say yes to me..."

And then, as his heated eyes stared back at her, the last of her resolve faded away. She grabbed the hem of her t-shirt and lifted it over her head, tossing the material aside. His hands slid across her waist as he watched her remove her bra, freeing her breasts to his gaze. Dean pushed her down to the bed, and lowered his head to gently wet a dark areola with the hot tip of his tongue.

"Yes..." Martha breathed, her hands plunging into his thick, blond hair. "Yes...yes..."

Dean circled her nipple with his tongue before taking it deep into his mouth, his teeth lightly grazing her skin. His hand slid across her stomach, caressing the soft curve, before finding the top button of her jeans.

Martha watched as he lifted his head from her breast, and slid the jeans down her legs, and onto the floor. His mouth moved to the curve of her lower stomach as his fingers played along the hem of her panties.

"Please." she moaned, her body trembling. Slowly, he peeled the material from her hips, and she lifted her ass as he moved it down the length of her legs.

Dean stood up quickly and removed his own pants and underwear, freeing his cock to her searching eyes. He was even bigger than she'd imagined, the thick, hard shaft causing her heart to pound anxiously. Dean stared down at her, his appreciative eyes taking in every inch of her body, and she felt a sharp thrill rush through her. She'd never felt this wanted, this desired before, and it was intoxicating. And as she parted her legs, revealing her wet slit to him, she felt alive. More than she had for a long time.

"Jesus, you're beautiful.' Dean whispered, and she reached out a hand to him, desperate for him to touch her once more. He moved back to the bed, his body resting between her legs as he pressed her into the mattress.

His hand moved across her hip, and found her mound, becoming tangled small triangle of curls. Martha could feel his cock against the lips of her slit and she moaned with frustration as his fingers parted the soaking folds of her sex.

"Dean.... please..."

She felt his cock push inside her, the large head slowly stretching the slick wall of her sex. Martha's nails dug into his waist as his shaft filled her, her lips parting as she gasped sharply. She lifted her hips to greet him, and soon he was buried deep inside her, his eyes locked on hers.

They were still for a moment, just staring at one another, unable to speak. Dean lowered his lips to hers and kissed her gently, almost tenderly, before he began to pump his cock inside her aching pussy.

Martha lifted her hips to meet his, as she let out throaty moans of encouragement. He moved in a smooth steady rhythm, his back muscles flexing with each thrust. The room became filled with their heavy breathing, and the soft squeaking of the iron bed. Martha bent her knees slightly, her eyes closing as the thrusting of his dick overwhelmed her.

"Dean.." She moaned and he lowered his head, his lips pressed against her ear.

"Say it again."

"Dean..." she cried out "Oh god, more...."

And then he was pounding into her, his cock moving in deep, punishing strokes. Martha shouted with pleasure, and arched her back from the bed as her groin began to tighten around him. His balls pounded against her ass and became soaked with her cream as she came, the orgasm causing her body to convulse and writhe beneath him.

Dean kept his rhythm steady, and she let out a panting moan as he lifted her leg to his shoulder, his cock shifting to find her g-spot. His dick was lifting her hips from the bed, and could only manage a weak groan of pleasure as another orgasm hit, this time causing loud, guttural shouts from deep inside her. Her ass squirmed and wiggled against the bed, and she felt him stiffen as his own orgasm hit him, his lips pressed tightly against her throat. She felt his body sink down into hers, and she clung to him as he breathed heavily against her, his heart pounding in his chest.

They laid there, bodies still joined and covered in sweat, each knowing there was so much to say, but unable to find the words. Soon, Dean shifted his position, and moved beside her on the bed, her body wrapped in his arms. Martha felt his lips against her forehead, as she began to drift off, her body completely spent. But she could hear him whispering softly to her, his deep voice a low mummer.

"I'll keep you safe." He said, and pulled her even closer to him. "I promise, whatever it takes, I'll keep you safe."

And she knew he would.

prot

 

Lilith

She was stronger now.

It was working, just as she knew it would. All that fear, that pain. It fed her, made her strong again. It burned inside her, all that light, but it was worth it. He was worth it.

Her beautiful boy.

"Are we close?" The Master said, and she nodded, smiling prettily. He'd stopped yelling at her for a while now, which was good. She didn't like his face all red like that.

"Good." The Master said. "What about the girl-Ruby? Is she..."

"She failed me." Lilith said, her eyes a glistening white. "And she will be punished like the rest of them. They've forgotten their fear, forgotten me. But I'll make them remember. And then they'll burn."

The Master smiled carefully as he watched her toss her dark hair over her small shoulder.

"And Martha too?' he said. And she nodded.

"Her first."  

pic