Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

I thought I would honor the 80s, otherwise known as my coming of age generation by offering up my IR rendition of a music/movie classic. The song, Against All Odds won the Grammy Award in 1985 for Song of the Year...not surprising. It's video just reminds me of how much has changed...and it makes me a bit melancholy how music/movie/video has evolved. Some change is good, but the best of it has been stripped down. 

Well I thank you for visiting and sharing with me as I take a trip back to the movie archives of the last of the greatest decades and pay tribute to a classic.I have to share that this movie itself is a reproduction by Taylor Hackford from the original titled: "Out of the Past", 1947.    

Song: Against All Odds by Phil Collins, 1984.  




Author's Chapter Notes:

Well hello there...

Here is the cast of this 'noir' tale.  I wanted a mix of some of the most underscored talents out there. If you decide to follow my fics you will find that I will turn up the mic on the characters who I feel are thinly portrayed in 'reel life' and turn it down on those who I know have been lauded.  Yes...as a former teacher, I believe in seeking out the most under-appreciated and giving them a chance to shine...Keisha Knight-Pulliam is one of those, Billy Miller and Allyson Hannigan are included. 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


D Stafford   L Wheeler

 

K Wheeler   D Bledsoe

 

A Talbot

 

F Sorrell   M Norris  

 

G Jones   B Kelly

 

Alex Kearns   






Chapter End Notes:
Ok...so now you have taken a peak at the cast.  I hope you like the story.  Oh...I forgot to mention that there are a few veteran actors like Eric Roberts, Kim Elise, and Blair Underwood who truly don't get their just due! So I wanted to give them a shout out also.