Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


The Police Commissioner, Mac Scorpio entered the Port Charles Police Department upon returning from his trip from Puebla, Mexico. He took some personal time to visit his big brother, Robert Scorpio. 

“Please tell me you haven’t forgotten how to take a vacation.”

“No I haven’t forgotten but what’s a vacation without a little police work on the side. And this my dear is for you.” He passed Keesha a bottle of Tequila with a big red bow stuck to it. “Can we talk in your office?” 

“So Scorpio what’s up? How was your trip.” Keesha place the bottle in her oversized handbag. 

“What would you say if I told you that Robert was connected to our Taglioti case.” Keesha gave him a quizzical look. “Well, Robert is investigating the Mayor of Puebla, Marcel Alejandro. Who just happens to be Manny’s cousin. Apparently, he and Manny were working together in this mob war with Sonny. They are the ones responsible for destroying the Corinthos-Morgan Warehouse.”

Keesha remembered that night. There was a huge explosion on the docks and the entire waterfront was ablaze.

 

She arrived at his penthouse at 2:00am. Jason wearing only black boxers opened the door and saw her standing there in tears. “What’s wrong?” As she opened her mouth to speak he reached out and took hold of her wrist, pulling her into him.

“There was an explosion tonight on the docks and your warehouse was destroyed. I thought you were there. I called your cell and you didn’t answer. I thought…” 

“I’m right here Kay.” He held her until she stopped shaking. “Lets talk about this in the morning.” Jason took her in his arms and carried her upstairs.

 

“So how about you? Did you find out anything while I was gone?” Mac has been her mentor from the first day she joined the force five years ago. He was one of her best friends and they had a mutual trust with each other. She knew she could trust him with the tape. 

“No, I don’t have anything new to add.” It was only the second time she had ever lied to him. “I brought Sonny in this morning for more questioning but that’s about it.”

“Let me guess. He said he didn’t do it.” Both Mac and Keesha smiled.

“Well I get the feeling that he was telling the truth, this time anyway. I know he has a dozen different motives but I have a feeling.”

“And what exactly is this feeling telling you, that Jason is innocent?”

“I think he might be Mac. I wouldn’t protected Jason if I thought he was guilty.”

“Why not, you’ve protected him before?”

“That was different. His life was in danger.” Keesha didn’t want to argue with Mac especially since he was right. She had done it before but for all the right reasons.

 

Three years ago Jason was ambushed and shot by a rival mobster Anthony Sorel. He made his way across the park to Luke’s Restaurant. Just as Keesha was walking to her car he literally collapsed in her arms. She took her cell phone out to call for help and he begged her not too. “Jason please, I need to get you an ambulance.” She remembered holding him as he lay bleeding from his side.. “Keesha…” He struggled for the words as he faltered in and out of consciousness. “I need you to trust me. No cops.” Without thinking she helped him into the back seat of her SUV and took him to her apartment. There was so much blood. She was hysterical. Jason grabbed her hand. “Can you take the bullet out?” “Well I rode with the EMT in the medical van for my required hours for my certification, which states…Jason…JASON” He passed out. She reached for her phone and called for help.

The next morning he awoke still groggy for the medication. His abdomen was perfectly bandaged and the bullet that was formerly lodged inside him was now on Keesha’s nightstand. “…Give him two Soryfend at noon. He should stay in bed the rest of the day and I’ll be back around 6:00 tonight to check on him…” It took him a moment to recognize the voice was that of his mother, Dr. Monica Quartermaine. 

She let Jason stay in her apartment until he was well enough to leave. The entire police department was looking for him. He was wanted for questioning although he was never charged. Keesha never said a word to Mac until after Jason gave his statement. She remembered how furious Mac had been. But Jason gave Mac proof that Officer Marcus Taggert was on Sorel’s payroll. He knew Taggert would have killed him the moment he was in police custody. Mac decided not bring her up on any disciplinary charges. In fact, no one else in the department knew. She promised Mac she would never lie to him again.

 

“You even told me you understood because of Taggert. And because of Jason's helped you clear out your department of dirty cops.”

“What I understand is you and Jason. What you have to understand is you and Jason. I know you two were engaged then for what ever reasons you weren’t. You have a history. But you need to understand he’s never going to change and neither are you.” If you want to be with this guy that’s find, but you know what he is and you know what you are.” 

“So I’m going to blatantly change the subject because you’re right and I don’t want to talk about it anymore. How’s Robert doing?”

“ He’s great, of course he’s bored out of his mind. Although he likes to pretend that being the new Commander in Chief of The Puebla Police Department is exciting. Which brings me to why I’m here. He invited me this Annual GALA Celebration that Mayor Alejandro is hosting this Saturday.” 

“Okay, if this GALA thing is in a couple of days why did you come back to Port Charles so early.?”

“For you love. We leave on Friday.”

“For me…what? You want me to go to Mexico because…”

“Alejandro has a source here in Port Charles and you’re going to help me find out who that is. I need you to go undercover and do your thing. Find out what you can and solve this case so I can go on a real vacation.”