Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Keesha walked all the way to her car before she realized she had forgotten the tape in her desk. She turned around and headed back to the station when she spotted Jason’s bike parked across the street. ‘What now Jason?’ As she walked through the entrance she realized if he’d been arrested he would have been brought in by a squad car but his bike was across the street. So why was he at the Port Charles Police Department?

 

Her previously locked door was slightly ajar. She peered inside to see Jason jimmying her desk drawer. She smiled to herself and realized she was standing there admiring him. “You tell me you’re not guilty of anything and here you are breaking into my office yet again?” Jason looked up midway through from placing the envelope in his jacket. “You’re in a very compromising position Jason.”

 

“I need the tape Keesha.”

 

“Newsflash Jason, so do I.” She walked over to him and removed it from his jacket. “I can’t believe you still don’t trust me to help you?” 


He grabbed her wrist before she could walk away. “I trust you with my life Kay. But the fact remains that this is in the PCPD custody.”

 

“It’s in my custody Jason. What do you think I’m doing here Jay?” She pulled away from him and slipped the envelope into her oversized handbag.

 

“You have to go by the book.... I don’t.”

 

“You’re right I do have to go by the book and if you ever break into my office again, I’ll do what I can to make sure you and Sonny get adjoining cells.”

 

“So you’re not placing me under arrest?”

 

“You sound disappointed. Do you want me to arrest you, Jason?”

 

“Do you want to arrest me, Keesha?  


She gave way to the smile she’d been trying to conceal since she’d entered her office. “I will, if you give me a reason, Jason.”

 

“No you won’t, I just gave you a reason and here we are.” He also gave way to a seldom seen smile that was reserved only for her.

 

“You are absolutely right Jason. I believe you know this by heart but here goes. Keesha read him the entire Miranda Rights as Jason stood there admiring her.

 

“I’m sorry about your office. This wasn’t anything personal.”

 

You break into my office again and I’m not suppose to take it personal?”

 

“You want me to apologize again?”

 

“Yes I do.”

 

“I’m sorry about your office and I’m sorry you felt I never put you first. I’m sorry you thought that being with Deacon was going to make you forget about us. And I’m sorry for the situation that we are currently in right now.”

 

“Deacon has been great to me Jason. He was always there for me after we broke up.” He was clearly annoyed with Keesha’s quick defense of Deacon.

 

“We didn’t break up. You left your ring on my nightstand and moved out.”

 

“Well if you had your priorities straight that would have never happened.”

 

“I can’t believe you’re still sleeping with him Keesha. Do you know how disrespectful that is to me?” We both know the only reason you’re with him is because you think it will help you stay away from me. So how’s that working for you?”

 

“If you would let me finish. I’m breaking things off with him as soon as I come back from Mexico.”

 

Jason grabbed her wrist again and pulled her into him. He wrapped his arms around her and held her closely. “I’ve always put you first but you know what I do and that has nothing to do with you.”

 

“That has nothing to do with me? Do you know what I do?”

 

“So here we are again…What do mean Mexico?”

 

“I’ll be in Mexico with Mac this weekend. We have some information that might possibly clear you and Sonny.”

 

“So when do we leave?”

 

“This is official Jay. If Mac found out I mentioned this to you he’d show me the door.

 

“Well that sounds like a plan.” Keesha pulled away from Jason at the sound of Mac’s voice.

  

**********

 

“So is Jason the new partner you forgot to tell me about?”

 

“Mac as I told you earlier, I don’t believe Jason and Sonny are guilty. Jason has been helping me…”

 

“Helping you with what Keesha? He is the number one suspect in your investigation. I knew I should never have put you on a case involving Jason. But I gave you the benefit of the doubt.”

 

“Mac I didn’t do this. I know that means nothing to you but it’s true. I knew Keesha was working on this and Sonny and I offered to help out, that’s it. She hasn’t broken any laws and in this case neither have I.”

 

“And exactly how can you help with this case Jason?”

 

“I can get to people you can’t. Mac these people can spot a cop a mile away. I’m not a cop.”

 

“And you fully trust Jason?” 


Keesha glanced over at Jason. “With this, yes.”

 

“All right Jason, against my better judgment, I’ll let you come with us. And if you screw this up in any way I will put you behind bars, whether you’re guilty or not.”

 

Mac turned to face Keesha. “Anything else?”

 

Jason also turned to face her.

 

“I’m going to fix this Mac. I’m going to do my job and find Manny’s killer. You have my word.”

 

The look of frustration on Mac’s face was evident as he stormed out of her office.

 

Keesha stood in the middle of her office noticeably upset. Jason walked over to her and held her again. “Well I’m fired when we get back. I’ve officially used up all my chances.”

 

“Earlier today you gave me a parking ticket. Do you think you can take care of that before you get fired?” Keesha laughed as she embraced him. “So I take it this means you’re speaking to me again.”

 

This felt like the longest day of her life. She decided to leave her car at work and ride home with Jason. They arrived at his penthouse a short time later. Keesha headed upstairs straight to the shower and Jason almost immediately joined her.

 

************

 

Deacon finished setting the table and was searching for Keesha’s Nora Jones CD. Keesha promised they would talk tonight and he wanted it to be perfect. He’d been spending a lot of time in Los Angeles at his club. Every week there was a different problem that required his attention. He thought about giving it up but it was an investment he purchased for next to nothing and business was great. Tonight he would tell Keesha how much he loved her and he was going to ask her to spend the rest of her life with him. As soon as she came home…