Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Every once in a while, when you think it’s over, someone comes along and makes you take a step back, it’s then you realize that there will always be a refuge nearby after the stormy days.

Only the story is mine, chacracters are not mine, songs used in the chapters are not mine they belong their respective owners, no copyright infringement intended.




Author's Chapter Notes:
I kind of want this story to be about Todd and Evangeline rescuing each other. Hope you like it.


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

God must be a woman and she must be a jealous one, she must be so envious of my beauty that she took everything else that mattered away from me.



Today has been a horrific day, I have been standing, running, climbing up and down the stairs, tending to customers all day. I look at looked at my wrist watch, thank God my shift will be over in five minutes.



I continued to wipe the last table but as I raised my head up, oh mennn! Another one just walked in, you should have seen the despicable odor of arrogance oozing out of his pores, I hate his kind the most.

I prayed to myself, “Dear lord, please keep me from burying my head in a bottle of Brandy tonight.”



He snapped his fingers in the air and ordered me over to where he was sitting, oh!! Did I mention that I’m waitress and I have been employed at Daisy’s Kitchen for approximately eleven hours and fifty five minutes and little did I know that my encounter with him would mark the end of my newly found profession.




I groaned and rolled my eyes as I made my way over to him, why do people like him exist to make life difficult for people like me, he was just taking the piss, coming here at this time of the night as if he owned the damned place.



“Hi, I’m Evangeline, I will be taking your order when you’re ready sir?”



He had his face down and his eyes scanned through the menu, without lifting his head up, “ I would like a Café au Lait and a full English breakfast without the beans.” he made his request then continuously flipped through the news paper, my guess, he must have been looking at the down Jones for the stock market scores.


“I’m sorry sir, it’s ten pm and the department for breakfast closed an hour ago.” I still find it baffling that there are folks who eat morning food in the night time, I tried to keep my foot rooted as they were trembling under the enormous stress of the day.

 

 Less I forget, I am eight months pregnant, I shouldn’t be working but I lied on my application, I had told them that it was only five months but I’m huge because I’m expecting twins.



“Sir??” I called out again and kissed my teeth at him as I waited impatiently.

He finally looked up, I immediately sized him up. His nicely cut short blonde hair somehow complemented his piercing semi florescent blue eyes, he’s cheekbones are to die for. He looked sophisticated and posh, he must be in his mid-thirties, I concluded.



“I’m VIP, I’m sure you can make an exception.” I almost thought he was cool. Now I remembered why I don’t like his kind, they are so full of themselves, what a loser? well, from what I can see he‘s a rich loser.



“Sir, I’m not sure how you got in at this time but the sto…..”



He intercepted my sentence and talked over me, “Just make it happen sweetie, I have had a long day.” he commanded.



I began to protest quietly as I walked away from him, “Gosh why are rich and fortunate so inconsiderate? What a jackass.”



He heard me and replied, “It’s not my fault that your deadbeat baby daddy left his almost due pregnant girlfriend and her wobbling belly hanging.”


“Sir, I…..”


He raised his hand and cut me off again, “Whatever, just get me anything you have.”



He doesn’t know whom he’s messing with, if I wasn’t pregnant, I would have ripped his head off and fed it to the stray dog around the corner.



Moments later, I went to him with a tray that consisted of pancakes, syrup, and a Latte. He took a sip and shook his head, “ There’s not enough sugar.”



I added two teaspoons, he flicked three fingers at me so I added three more spoons and stirred it, gosh how I hate needy customers.



He shook his head again, “ It’s not sweet enough sweetie.” he complained.


No he didn’t! He just threw the word “Sweetie” at me in a condescending manner? I didn’t want to be one of those black angry women but I couldn’t help it. This time, I intentionally dumped a whole cup of sugar in his coffee.



He had an idiotic grin all over his face and that even made me more angry. He sighed and fed his hand into his pocket and bought out a couple of hundred dollar bills and pushed them over to me with his index finger. “ Stick around and tend to me, this should do the magic. Take this coffee back and get me some hot chocolate drink.”



I twisted my neck in his direction and groaned, “ What a bastard son of a bitch.”



“Thanks for the compliment.” he mumbled.



I could heard him cutting through his pancakes with fork and knife as I left his presence, he was making me miserable so I decided to have a little fun with him too.



I came back with a cup of lukewarm chocolate drink, by the way, I spat in his cup behind closed doors. He tasted it, “ Isn’t this suppose to be hot cocoa? It’s not hot enough.”



I offered him the cheesiest smile and apologized, “ Oh I’m sorry, how hot do you want it to be?”



“ Very hot.” He replied.”



Thirty secs later I arrived with another cup, he smiled with pleasure once he saw steam coming out. He took a sip and instantly spat it out with full force, some of it splattered on my face, I guess I deserved it. “Shit.” he yelled at me.



When my manager, Miss Rachael heard the commotion, she abandoned the money she was counting and ran out to where we were. “ Mr. Manning are you okay?” she asked.



“Why don’t you ask you psychotic waitress.”



She looked at me and asked with a frown “Evangeline??”



I giggled and shrugged my shoulders, “Well he said he wanted hot, hot chocolate so I simply added some hot sauce to it.”



She looked at me, “Evangeline, effective today, your services are no longer required here.” she looked at him and tossed her hair to the side. “ I’m sincerely sorry about this Mr. Manning,” she picked up a napkin and began to wipe his mouth. “let me make it up to you. I’ll take you out for that coffee you so much crave for.”



“And……”



“And whatever happens afterward will be a plus.” she looked at me, “What are you still doing here?”



I let out a scoff and coughed in between, “ Tramp.” he looked at me and smiled, Mercy Me!! I hate those kind of charming smiles, I would feel so better about myself if I could kick his teeth in.



Just as he was about to take the hundred dollar bills he had set on the table, I swept them off his hand in a flash and threw the hot, hot chocolate in his face and stood by as he screamed from the sting of the hot pepper in it. “That’s for getting me fired.”




Stepping out of the restaurant, I wanted to cry so bad but the tears wont come, I just need a fag so bad, I have been smoking since the age twelve, it’s been a struggle to quit. Maybe I would have gone on nicotine patches but apparently, it’s bad for the baby. “Whatever.”



As I touched my belly, I felt the little tramp kick me, you might think I’m a bitch for calling my unborn child that but don’t be too judgmental, I have issues, I spend half of my spare time planning my unsuccessful suicides.



I know for a fact that no one will even notice that I’m gone, the truth is, I wonder if hell really exists because there’s no greater hell than this earth. The truth is, I’m too afraid to die as a nobody. The truth is, as much a I hate myself, I still want to live, love and enjoy every good thing life has to offer.



I looked at my watch again, I’m running out of options here. The women shelter is closed for the night, I just lost my job because I couldn’t keep my mischief to myself and I have a baby on the way, a baby without a father, a baby who will suffer from the lack of love that has consumed me.



No one has ever loved me and I will never love anyone, not even the child I’m about to bring to this world. My mom once took a rotten tomato out of the refrigerator, she looked at me and threw it in the trash then said, “this is what happens to girls like you.”

At my age, I should be enjoying a lot of things like going to clubs, hanging with friends and causing trouble with my endless beauty. Well, that would have been the case if I didn’t have a witch as a mother but that, that word doesn’t even describe her, it’s a story for another day




While I drowned myself in agony, I felt a cool breeze blow past me, that comforted me for a split second. I took in a deep breath and let it out, I’m screwed. I have no health insurance, I have only attended pre natal classes every now and my head is spinning from staving, maybe I should have gone on food stamps like Rita had suggested but no, I’m Evangeline de Williamson and I’m too proud for that.



I opened my backpack and counted the money I took from him, it was twelve hundred dollars.


What a prick? Showing off to me with his dough, it would have been nicer if he had left some more.



I dipped my hand into my other pocket and fished out my tips for the day, three hundred and twenty five dollars eighteen cents, so over all, it wasn’t such a bad day except for the part where I was fired but all the same, thank God! This will help me get a broke down motel room till….well, I don’t know how long it will last but it‘s still something.



As I dragged my big fat self along the dark road side, I suddenly felt a car speed past me, what the heck? This asshole just drove into a pothole and splashed mud water all over me, I thought he was going to take off so I gave him the middle finger.



He reversed and got out of the vehicle, “Ma’am are you okay.”



I wanted to con him so I pretentiously fell on the ground, he walked over and stooped beside me, he put his hand over my forehead to feel my temperature, then put his fingers on the right side of my neck to check my pulse, I opened my eyes and they met with his eyes.

 

“Mr. Manning!” I blurted out his name with surprise, this is the man that I loathed the most as of now and this was how our story began.






Chapter End Notes:
Okay, so we are all used to seeing Todd chasing after Evangeline at the start of most stories, this time,there is no spark from the start but the chips will eventually fall in the right places, hopefully.