Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

this my first try at posting. Please give me some feed back and tell me if I should continue or nix it. Please be honest I can take it because in the end I know you all are trying to help me. Ok I am going to push the send button before I chicken out and push delete. Please excuse any typos.




Author's Chapter Notes:

 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Sane Nanny in an Insane Family Chapter 1 

Keisha Gardner is a 25 year old singer, who is trying to get her career going. Her grandmamma has stopped supporting her.  Keisha has no one to blame but herself. Her Grandmamma Mary agreed to support her finically as long as she was in school. Everything hit the fan on Christmas when her brother June Bug or June as he like to be called got angry at her and told the family about her dropping out of her Early Childhood Development master degree program.

 

Their mamma is a country hood rat, as evident by her brother’s and her name. His real name is June Bug and hers is Keisha Mae. Nobody in the family knows where she got this country hood rat personality from. Grandmamma Mary is the picture of southern genteel lady. She is 4’9”, light brown skin, short hair cut silver with a little bit of brown hair, and she is on the plump side. She would tell you no self respecting southerner eats vegetables unless it is battered and deep fried. Surprisingly enough she doesn’t have high blood pressure, or heart disease. Only thing that ruins the southern genteel lady image is when you see her with her 9 mil.

 

Another one of her mother’s hood rat mentalities was when June was 5 and Keisha was 1 she dropped them off at Grandmamma Mary’s door and never came back for them. Which was fine with them because there is know telling how their lives would have turned out? Yes she did, she would have had 5 kids by now with no education and June wouldn’t be a science professor at Florida A&M; he would have been in jail or dead.

        

Two months earlier (Christmas day) Her cousin Tamesha came home with her hot ass Japanese boyfriend, well actually her fiancé now. Everything was going normal; we were all at Uncle John’s house for Christmas dinner. Grandmamma Mary was nagging Uncle John and his girlfriend Margaret about living in sin. June Bug was in the living room with the kids and my other uncles and aunts who don’t know how to cook playing Wii with them to keep the kids out of the kitchen. The door bell rung and June answered the door and all hell broke loose. June lost his damn mind. “Who the fuck hit you? I am going to kill him.” Next thing Keisha knew her grandmamma was screaming to her to bring her 9 and her bible. That really got her attention; of course, she grabbed her grandmamma 9mil and her bible before going to see what had called for so much violence. By the time she made it back to the front door with the 9 and the bible she had to push through the crowd to get to her grandmamma, and see what the hub buba was about. Keisha saw a purple bruise on her cousin’s right cheek. Knowing how violent her cousin was Keisha just asked where was the body so June could give them a special mixture that would dissolve the body and hide the evidents.  Tamesha didn’t get a chance to speak before the tall Asian man did. “There isn’t a body. She wouldn’t let me kill him and I don’t think it’s fair for y’all to be allowed to take that pleasure away from me.” It took every woman in the room a minute to regain her equilibrium. That voice should have been outlawed. An Asian man shouldn’t have a voice like that. He had a deep smooth southern drawl voice that had every woman in the house rubbing their thighs together; even her grandmamma was rubbing her thighs together.   Long story short Isa had beat the shit out of her ex fiancé. After that was found out everyone was going back to doing what they had been during before Tamesha and her fiancé had arrived.  After that Uncle John saw the gun and Bible in Grandmamma Mary’s hands, and wanted to know what she was planning on doing with the gun and Bible. In true Grandmamma Mary style she calmly explain that she was going to go find Jeremy, Tamesha’s ex fiancé . The Bible was to ask for forgiveness for killing someone on the Lord’s birthday, and then she was going to ask for forgiveness for breaking a Ten Commandments. Thou shalt not kill. Uncle John took the Bible and the 9 and put them in the safe where she couldn’t get it. While eating dinner Keisha let slip that June Bug was dating Tamera again, which no one in the family liked. We didn’t just dislike her because we could see her using him to get his and the family’s money, but he also caught her in his bed fucking his so called best friend. Everything in the dinning room had gone quiet; it was so quit that you would have been able to hear a pin drop. Grandmamma Mary turned to Uncle John and told him to give her back her 9 and her Bible. Of course he told her no. June Bug got mad at her and told everyone Keisha dropped out of school to make a singing career for herself. Everybody looked at Keisha as if she lost her mind. Grandmamma Mary told Uncle John to go and get her a switch because she was about to switch Keisha’s ass. After Keisha got switched everyone calmed down and let her explain. Yeah she was twenty-five and still got a switching. Everyone knew she could sing, but they wanted her to have something to fall back on if she didn’t make it. They just didn’t understand her thinking. She knew if she had something to fall back on she would give up on the first no, but if she didn’t have that back up plan she had no choice but to success. Long story short Grandmamma Mary gave her two months of support and then she had to find a job to support herself. 

Now here she stood in Atlanta Georgia at one of the largest record companies, trying to get someone to listen to her demo she made it at Isa’s recording studio at the advertisement agency he co-owned with his family. Not one to take anything for free she did voiceovers for commercials and movie trailers; as well as, sing for movie trailers and jingles for commercials.

 

The girl at the reception desk told her, “Sorry we don’t take solicited demos from artist ma’am.”

 

“Then how am I supposed to get someone to listen to it.”

 

“I am sorry to say you need to get a buzz going about your name. Like sing in local clubs or find an agent.”

 

“OK, thanks for the help.” Keisha looked at the front door and saw all kinds of women coming and going. Although their clothing theme was the same, short skirts or tight jeans that left nothing to the imagination. Tight shirts with low necklines, so tight if they sneezed their breast would pop out. Keisha guessed talent doesn’t count anymore. Keisha made it to the front entrance and heard one of the girls talking about Edward Landon was hiring a nanny for his 3 year old daughter.

 

Quick as a flash she got an ideal; she caught a cab to her room instead of catching a bus like she did earlier to get here. That would have saved her some money, but in this moment she needed speed.

 

Once at her hotel room her went to her closet and pulled out a white peasant shirt, a black pencil skirt that was just above her knees, and one inch black pumps. Once she put on her outfit, she went to her laptop and printer and printed out her resume. Before she left the room she put her shoulder length jet black hair into a neat bun. Satisfied she looked like a teacher or a librarian, she grab her resume and demo and put them both in her purse before leaving her room and grabbing another cab back to the record company.

 

The girl at the receptionist desk recognized her and gave her the thumbs up sign. Keisha had just sat down when one of the most handsome man she had every seen stepped off the elevator, and he was pissed off. His face had a scowl on it.

 

“If you are not here to be a nanny for my daughter get up and leave now. I don’t want anybody coming to my office trying to get me to listen to their demo or hear them sing. Do you all understand me?!”

 

Damn Mr. Eddy is fine. He was about 6’5” and weight about 220 lbs of sleek muscle. He had blue black wavy hair, a cleft in his chin, beautiful plump lips that no white man should have, and light blue eyes. His eyes were so light they almost looked like ice. His voice was so smooth and deep with a hint of a British accent.

 

Keisha had never dated outside her race but this man had her rethinking that policy. To bad he had a wedding ring on his left hand. Oh well even if she can’t get him to listen to her demo; she could get a job, which would take care of one of her problems. More than half the room cleared out after Mr. Landon made his announcement. Keisha sat there quietly waiting her turn.

 ////////// 

In his office Edward Landon rubbed his face with his hands and then ran them through his hair. How could these women have the nerve to come here like they did? When they walked into his office he knew right away they were not there to be a nanny. Every last one of them had on a tight shirt with a low neckline. It was so low if they breathed hard their boobs would have popped out. Let not talk about the how short the skirts were. They were so short he would tell who got a wax or if they trimmed their coochie, that’s a word he learn from his friend named Darrell in college. The tight jeans still had him shivering with disgust. For crying out loud they had camel toe. To top it off none of them could sing. They all sounded like nails on a chalk board, he supposed they thought their clothes would distract from how bad they sounded, no such luck.

 

His eyes caught on the picture of his wife and angel. They are why he is doing this. He picked up the picture to fortify his resolve to find a nanny. His wife was beautiful 5’6”, with curves in all the right places. Red flowing hair down to her ass, green eyes that looked like emeralds, and a dimple in both her cheeks. Their daughter Heather was a combination of both of them. She had wavy blue black hair and a cleft in her chin like him, and green eyes and a dimple in both her cheeks like her mum. He placed the picture back on his desk and asked his secretary to send end the last applicant. God he hoped this one was really looking for a job as a nanny.

 

In walked a beautiful 5’4” curvy mocha color woman. Chocolate brown eyes and full lips shinning from some lip gloss she had put on. Her bum should have odes written about it, hell she had a bum his college friend Isa would have called a BeyoJen (that is a bum that was a combination of Beyonce Knowles and Jennifer Lopez), which was showcased in a black knee length pencil skirt. She had on a white peasant blouse that showed a little of her cleavage which looked to be about a 36 b. Her hair was up in a neat bun. Yeah, he checked her out. He’s married not dead. She looked the part of a woman looking for the job as nanny.

 

He stood up and motion with his hand for her to take the seat in front of his desk. Before she sat down she gave him her resume. Edward took some time to go over her resume.

 

While Mr. Landon was looking over her resume Keisha took the time to look over his office. It seemed cold and sterile to her. The walls was a stark white with his degrees and platinum record hung as decoration, a black leather couch, to hard metal chairs set in front of his desk, and his desk was made of glass and metal. The office décor was so cold it gave her the shivers.

 

“OK Ms. Gardner, I see you have a BA in Early Childhood Development but you didn’t complete your master. Would you tell me while you quit half way through your master?”

 

Keisha think, think, think. Please remember not to tap your head like Winnie the Pooh, OK check. She can’t tell him she quit to become a singer or she will lose the job before she even get started. “Well I wasn’t sure if that was the career path I wanted to take anymore. I decided to take some time off and consider my life plan. I figured that being a nanny will also help me decide if I want to go back and finish my degree.”

 

Whoa where did that sultry lightly country accent come from? Damn Edward knew he heard her voice from somewhere before. “Ms. Gardner have we meet before your voice sound familial to me?”

 

He recognized her voice from either the commercials or movie trailers Keisha did. Think quick girl. “No we haven’t met before. I get that a lot.”

 

“OK. It does make since to work with children to help you decide if this is what you want to do with the rest of your life. I see you have had contact with children my daughter’s age when you went to school.”

 

“Yes, everyone had to intern at the daycare on campus. If I get this job, I will also have a teaching plan to help her get a jump start on school. For instance, I will have an hour of reading time, teach her colors, alphabets, numbers, and art time just to name a few.”

 

Edward just looked at her with an intense stare. Yeah she is the one he had been looking for.

Keisha started to feel unnerved because he was just staring at her. She looked away from his intense stare, and pretended to be studying his office.

 

Edward cleared his voice, “I think you are what my wife and I have been looking for. I will let you know if you have the job tomorrow. I need to contact your references. If you get the job I will perform a back ground check and drug test and if everything goes well you can start a week from today. Do you have any question for me?”

 

Keisha turned her head back to him when he started to talk to her again. “Yes, if I get the job what is the pay, the hours, and benefits?”

 

“It is a live in position. Your get your own suite apartment next to Heather’s room. Two days off a week Saturday and Sunday unless my wife or I have to work on those days which you will get time and a half. Your pay is $15 an hour and you will be paid every other week. Your work hours will be 7 am to 6 pm unless my wife or I relieve you before 6, but you will still get paid the hours you don’t work. There is no drinking or smoking in the house, and no one is allowed to stay over in your apartment because there is no private entrance. You also get medical and dental. Any more question.”

 

“No. Well yes…if I don’t get the job could you let me know tomorrow, so I can start looking for another job?”

 

“Yes, I can do that for you.” Edward stood up and shook Keisha’s hand as a signal that the meeting was over. “I will call you with an answer tomorrow morning.” She has really soft hands and smells like vanilla Edward thought.

 

“OH…Ms. Gardner I almost forgot.” Keisha stopped in her tracks and turned around to listen to Mr. Landon. “I need to know are you allergic to dogs?”

 

“No.”

 

“Do you like dogs?” This next part of the job almost always lost them a partial nanny.

 

“Yes I like dogs.” Keisha looked at his face and saw he was a little nerve about what he had to say next. “Mr. Landon is there something you need to tell me.”

 

“Yes we have a family dog and he has to be watch at all times. We always ask the nanny to keep a watch on him to because he is always trying to comment suicide.”

 

Keisha laughed until she cried. She stood up straight and wiped her eyes with her right hand. “You had me going there for a moment Mr. Landon.” Mr. Landon wasn’t smiling or laughing. “Oh my goodness you are serious.”

 

“Yes, I am. Last year our other dog, who was his girlfriend, was run over by a car and died. He found some chocolate in one of the kitchen cabinets. He overdosed and we had to take him to the vet to have his stomach pumped. Every since then he is always looking for some chocolate to finish the job.” He put his head down, “I will understand if you don’t want the job now.”

 

Keisha felt so bad for him. He looked so sad with his head down looking as if he lost his best friend. Well, now she had heard it all a dog who tries to comment suicide. For some reason she could stand to see him so down. “It’s ok; I am still interested in the job.”

 

He looked at Keisha and gave her a killer smile. He walked over to her and shook her hand again. “Thank you so much.”

 

After Keisha shook his hand again she turned and walked out of his office with a little extra wiggle in her walk. She stopped herself mid extra wiggle. She remembered he was married and she did not try to break the bonds of marriage.

 

Edward went back to his desk to look at Keisha’s reference page. He saw two names that he recognized Isamu Fujita and Darrell Ames. No way that can’t be his old college friends, could it? He wanted to find out. It was after 5pm so he was going to call the home number.

 

The phone rung three times before it was answered by a woman with a s.exy ass voice. “Hello.”

 

“Hello is this Isamu Fujita residence.”

 

“Yes it is. Would you please hold?”

 

“Yes madam.”

 

“Don’t call me that I don’t run a whore house.” He was laughing so hard he barely heard her put the phone down and call for Isa.

 

He was still laughing when Isa picked up the phone. He finally got himself together a few moments after Isa said hello.

 

“Is this Isamu Fujita who attended Stanford University?”

 

“Yes it is and who may I ask is calling?”

 

“This is Edward Landon better known to you and Darrell as Eddy.”

“Hey man. How are you doing? I heard you married Elizabeth after you graduated from school.” Isa couldn’t stand her but he tolerated her because Eddy loved her. She would throw herself at Darrell and him when ever Eddy’s back was turned. She was also known as a gold digger. She went to school to find a rich husband because she didn’t want to work for the rest of her life. They lost touch because he was three years behind Darrell and him in school.

 

“Yes, I married Beth after we graduated form school. We have a 3 year old daughter. I stayed in the US after I finished school and became a music producer and now I am VP at Cornerstone Records.”

 

“That’s cool. Hey what did my fiancé Tamesha say to you that had you laughing so hard?”

 

“She told me not to call her madam because she didn’t run a whore house.”

 

“Yes that’s my out spoken Tinsy. I know you didn’t just call to catch up, so what’s up?”

 

“Well I got your name as a reference for a Keisha Gardner. I saw yours and Darrell’s name on her reference page and I thought that couldn’t be my two buddies I knew from college. I love I get to reconnect to with old friends and get a reference for a possible nanny for Heather my baby girl.”

 

“Keisha is my fiancé’s cousin and she is a hard work. She is not afraid to get her hands dirty and will take on the world to defend you if you are a good friend to her.” She is also an outstanding singer, but Isa promised he wouldn’t tell anyone because she wants to do everything on her own.

 

“Thanks man that was all I needed. It was good to here you voice again. Now that I have your number I will be calling you. I am going to call Darrell and get his take on Keisha; unless, he will have the same opinion as you.”

 

“He will give you the same answer I just gave you. Don’t be a stranger call Darrell and me this weekend.”

 

“Ok man sounds good. I am going to call the school daycare tomorrow for a reference. Talk you all this weekend.”

 

With the nanny job all but filled, he packed up his office and went home to spend some time with his family.   






Chapter End Notes:
Please leave comments.  Tell me what you think.