Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This is an original work of fiction containing characters created and owned by me. Any similiarities to other works is purely coincidental and unintentional.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Adrienne Banks adjusted her wire rimmed glasses. "Adrienne, my dear, I think it is time for an update." She said aloud as she looked at her reflection in the mirror on her cubicle wall. "And, why we’re at it, we’ll lose about 25 lbs, dye our hair, and hopefully get laid sometime this decade." She critically perused her body. "Well, at least I have smooth cocoa skin that is practically flawless and my extra weight is in all the right places." Adrienne pulled down her skirt as she sat back down in front of her computer. Her cell phone on her desk started vibrating. "Who would be texting me at this time of the morning?" She picked up her phone and slid it open. There was one simple word. "Hey". She smiled slightly to herself. "Hey yourself." She typed back.

"What are you doing?" The reply came back lightning quick.

"Oh, I’m just filing my nails and have my feet propped up on the desk. I’m at work. What do you think I'm doing?"

"I'm going to ignore your grouchiness. But I'm also at work."

Adrienne could imagine the sarcasm in his voice. "What are you doing texting me so early in the day, Bradley?"

"I can’t text my one of my oldest friends of nearly two decades?"

"Of course you can. LOL. You know, I had a dream about you last night. What are the odds?"

"Adrienne?"

Adrienne looked up from her phone to see her friend and coworker Darla standing over her cube. "What’s up Darla?"

"My mortgage." Darla replied dryly. "So word is that Stanley is pissed about something and an emergency meeting has been called right now."

"Oh hell." Adrienne replied as she pressed 'send', slid her phone shut, and set it on her desk. "I wonder what it's about?"

"There is no telling."

Adrienne sighed. Well, let’s go get our whooping."

Thirty minutes later, Adrienne and Darla emerged from the meeting. "Darla, we work with some real loons. Did you realize that?"

"Honey, loons is not the word. It must be a full moon or something." Darla remarked as she continued on to her desk. Adrienne sat down at her desk and began working again, when she remembered she had been texting Bradley. She opened her phone to see if she had a message waiting for her on her phone. "Well…let’s see. Say you dream about me once every twelve days. Count that in the odds of me texting you which is usually somewhere about every one in three days. That would make the odds about one in thirty-six." Adrienne laughed at the sheer absurdity of Bradley’s statistics. "Honey, I wasn’t aware that I dream about you every twelve days."

"Of course you do. Why wouldn’t you? All the ladies do."

"RME. Hysterical is the amount of confidence you have in yourself." Adrienne smiled as she closed her phone shut and got back to work. Thirty minutes later it buzzed again.

"I know what you are asking yourself and the answer is yes. I have a nickname for my penis. It’s called the Octagon. But I also nicknamed my testes. My left one is James Westphal and my right is known as Doctor Kenneth Noisewater."

"LMAO! You are INSANE!"

"If you play your cards right, you just might get to meet the whole gang."

Adrienne rolled her eyes as she slid her phone shut. "Leave it to him to say something off the wall and wholly inappropriate. Some things never change."

z88;

1992

"Have a good day honey."

"Thanks, dad." Adrienne replied to her dad as she got out of her family’s mini van. They had just moved to this new town only two weeks ago. Today she was starting not only her first day in junior high but also her first day in a new school. She walked up the long sidewalk to the seemingly looming 2-story building and entered into the building. There was a huge throng of of kids going in all different directions.. She knew the school was a big change fron her old school. Her old school was K-12 and had the same amount of kids. Adrienne walked into the school's office. "Hey sugar. How can I help you?" The kindly secretary asked.

"I'm new and I need to pick up my schedule."

"Alright honey. What's your name?"

"Adrienne Banks." the secretary flipped thru the stack of cards.

"Okay hun. Here's your schedule. Your locker is #44 which is upstairs and you have 1st lunch." Adrienne looked confusedly at the secretary. "Don't worry. You'll figure it out eventually." Adrienne took the schedule from the secretary and turned to walk out of the office. "Good luck!"

"Thanks." Adrienne replied quietly. She turned outside of the office and walked toward the stairs to find her locker.As she slowly walked up the stairs she began to wish that she could move back to live with her Granny. "I wonder if she and my parents would let me?" Adrienne found her locker and couldn't get it open. "How the heck do they expect you to open these lockers?"

"Very carefully." A voice said.

Adrienne lifted her head up into a pair of baby blue eyes with light brown hair. "Excuse me?"

Blue Eyes smiled. "Nothing. Here I'll show you how. What's your locker's combination?" Adrienne looked suspiciously at the stranger.Blue Eyes gave her a charming grin.

Adrienne sighed. "I guess. What could it hurt? 8-21-42."

"Okay." Blue Eyes replied. "Remember right, left, right, lift."

"Huh?"

"Turn the knob right to 8, then turn left to 21, then right to 42, then pull up the handle." Blue Eyes lifted up the handle and the locker opened. "See? Easy?"

"Oh okay."

"That will be 41.69 and I don't take cards or check."

"Do you take layaway?"

"No, I don't know you well enough to accept credit. Plus, you don't look trustworthy." Adrienne rolled her eyes and began to unload her backpack into the locker."What? No thank you? I don't know where you're from but around here we say "thank you" when someone does something nice." Blue Eyes said with a hint of sarcasm.

"Thanks." Adrienne mumbled.''

"You're welcome, Rudy."

"Rudy?"

"Yea, isn't your name Rudy?"

"Um..No. Why do you think my name is Rudy?"

"You look a lot like Rudy Huxtable." Blue Eyes said grinning.

Adrienne closed her locker and turned to look at him. "Number one, not all black girls look alike. Number two, my name is Adrienne. And Number 3 you are an asshole." She turned in a huff and walked away.

"I'm Bradley by the way." Blue eyes called out after her.