Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Ok... I will admit I was a little doubtful about the chapter before this one. I don't why but I felt I didn't do something right. I still feel that way but I don't what else I can do to change that. So I thought maybe another chapter would help me out and in away it sorta did but then again not so much. But let me just say,I do feel good about this one. I worked on this basically all morning, (I was suppose to be paying attention to the professor but he was going over what I already knew. bleh!) So while he went on with his lesson I typed and re-edit. Reread and reread again until I felt it was right.

Anyway enought chit-chatting here's the chapter4, How Could You? Also I would like to thank everybody that has commented, I'm sorry I didn't respond to them I will try to do better with that. Thanks to those who have read the story. Ok I'm done talking. Please enjoy!




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


John-John and Tiff looked at her with this dumbfounded look on their faces. Mrs. Jones dropped her hand and looked at her as well.

“Julia…” A deep voice behind her, called out. She stood frozen when she heard it. “Julia…” they called again.

She looked at Tiff before slowly turning around. When she saw him she sighed. The look on his face made her step back and hit John-John’s chest.

“What did you just say?” He asked stepping up.

“Yo man back up.” John-John warned stepping in front of Julia.

“Ok both of you calm down. Zach go back inside.”

Zach waved the principal off and looked at Julia once again. “Repeat it.” he barked.

Julia swallowed and looked past him at DC who looked just as shocked. Or maybe it was embarrassment. She couldn’t tell. She looked back at Zach. “You heard me.” she said moving back in front of John-John. She never been afraid of anybody but her father and she wasn’t going to start backing down now. She wasn’t about to let him talk her down. Throw her confidence on the floor and smash, no she couldn’t let that happen.

“No I don’t think I did.”

“Zach! Cool it or I’ll have the police escort you out of here.” Mrs. Jones warned pulling him back. Zach backed off but kept his eyes on her. He appeared to be hurt by her words. After everything he’d done for her. Bought for her. This is how she treats him.

“Look if this is about earlier. I’m sorry.”

“No Zach… No your not. Look I don’t care anymore. I just… I’ve been dealing with this for as long as I could remember and no matter how hard I try… I can’t let it go. I can’t just shield my feelings and act like they weren’t or aren’t there. I just can’t.”

“Julia…” he said stepping up. “Listen I’m sorry I pressured you. I don’t even know what I was thinking.” he pleaded.

“Oh you knew what you were thinking… You can’t seem to hold on. You can’t seem to put aside your need for sex to think about what I’m ready and not ready for. Earlier you showed me you weren’t that same old caring Zach. You showed me you were only with me for one thing and one thing only. Sex. If that’s the only reason you agreed to come with me, then you need to go on and get it somewhere else, because your not getting it from me.”

Tiffany stepped up this time. “You heard her Zach. You want sex you need to get it from somebody else----!”

“He get’s Tiff.” John-John chimed in with a chuckle. Tiffany always liked to instigate.

Julia just shrugged. “I’m going home.” She stomped away from Zach and back into the ballroom to get her purse. DC who heard everything was still in shock. How the hell did she just say all of that and walk away with her head intact. She put him in his place and left.

She walked right past him when she entered the room and he ran after her. “Julia don’t go.” He said. Julia turned around. “Stay here… Stay here and enjoy the night.”

Julia was hoping he would say something about her confession but he didn’t. Leading her to drop her head. Not looking into his eyes she sighed. “I can’t.”

“Why are you always running. Sometimes running is not always a good idea.”

“You wanna know why I’m running… Because I just confessed my feelings to you. And what do you do. Nothing! Not a thing. You just stand there and talk to me as if what I said was a joke.”

“Julia I’m not trying to---”

“DC I said I loved you! And you just stood there. I don’t usually do stuff like that and when I finally do… When I finally do put it out there it… Look! I came out of my shell and I… I released. I admitted! But you do nothing. Do you know how much that hurts? Do you know how it makes me feel?” Julia asked with a small cry. “Oh right I forgot you only think about those girls with big breast and a big butt. Oh how could I be so inconsiderate of what you want!”

“Oh come on! Have you seen the way I look at you. I do care about you.” he said holding her hand.

Shocked!, “Why am I just finding out?” she asked looking at him.

“Why am I just finding out about you having feelings for me?” he asked still looking at her.

“I… I… “

“So it’s her now? Well thanks for the heads up!” Rena said tapping his shoulder.

DC rolled his eyes and turned. “Rena you knew what the deal was in the beginning.” he said simply. “You know I…”

“You only brought me so you can show me off and take me home and fuck my brains. Well it’s nice to know I was only a hit it and quit it thought.” Rena sighed and looked at Julia. “I hope it’s good because if it isn’t he’s going to do you like he does all the others. Leave ’em high and dry.” she said with a smug look before walking off.

DC looked at Julia. “It’s wasn’t even like that. I was not going to do anything with her. I swear.”

“Hold up!” Zach bellowed as he barged into the room and over to the table. “Did Dmitri here tell you he made a bet on you. A bet to see who would get you first. And it was all his idea.”

“WHAT! Hell no! Julia it wasn’t even like that.” DC stammered. “Lia he’s lying. I never made a bet.”

“Oh so you didn’t say. ‘I’ve known her longer. I know her better than you. I also live next door to her. Let’s just see who’ll really get her.’ Those were your words! You challenged me!” Zach forced turning back to Julia. “You don’t believe me, you can ask Monica. She’ll tell you. She was there.”

Julia stepped back. “You made a bet on me! DC how could you!?”

“How could I? How could he?”

“How could I? Oh lets not forget my man you said it. I never agreed on it. I never shook your hand and said you were on. No those words never escaped my lips.” Zach said singing like a canary bird.

“Julia don’t listen to him. He took it the wrong way.”

“How can you take a bet the wrong way. Did you or did you not say, let’s see who’ll get her first?”

“Man shut-up!”

“No! Answer the question. Prove to me you didn’t say it and I’ll forget about it. I won’t mention it again.”

All DC could do was look at her. Hope she would understand he didn’t bet he could bed her first. That he bet that he could… Well either way he didn’t bet that he would have sex with her first. That was never the case. Julia nodded, “It’s nice to know that somebody that actually cares for me made a bet on me. For a minute there I thought you were different. I thought that maybe you wouldn’t treat me that way.”

“Julia I didn’t---”

“Lia, what happened?” Nico asked walking up to her with a pissed look on his face. He received a text from Julia no even 10mins ago. “Who pissed you off? Which one need a ass whooping?” he asked looking at the two boys who looked to be fighting over her. “What’s going on?” he asked getting into big brother mode.

“Nothing… I just wanna… I just wanna go home.” she sighed. She didn’t think he would have gotten there so fast. He lived in the apartments right down the street from the hotel but damn was he waiting on her text!

“You’ve been crying.” He noticed, raising her head and looking in her eyes. He saw hurt and that was all he needed. “Who was it Julia? Which one of these fools pissed you off?”

“Nobody! Alright! I just want to go home!” she fussed as she stomped past him towards the door.

Nico looked at them and bucked. “I’m going to find out and when I do… I’m coming back.” he warned. Nico started to walk off when he saw Tiff standing by the door. He just winked before he ran out and chased after Julia.

Julia’s heels clicked and clacked as she walked out the hotel building. The bottom of her beautiful dress dragging the ground. “Ugh!” she fussed pulling it up and walking even faster. “Can’t believe I wasted my money. My time on the crap!” she hissed making it to the car and pulling the door open. She slammed the door close and sat back. “Can’t believe he made a bet on me. He… ugh!” she fussed to no one as the car door opened and closed and Nico started the car.

“Si---”

“I don’t want to talk about it. I just want to go home. Just take me home… please.” she begged looking out the window.

Nico sighed. “Whatever you want… But you know momma and daddy aren’t home.”

“Good! Because I just want to be alone.” she mumbled.

~BACK INSIDE THE HOTEL~


“Why did you let her walk away? Why didn’t you tell her you felt the same way!?” she asked pushing him.

“I did tell her but he came over and told her that I made a bet on her. And she got pissed off.”

“You betted on her! What the hell were you thinking DC?”

“I wasn’t thinking! I was mad. He came to me with this arrogant ass attitude and I tried to put him in his place. The bet wasn’t for real. It was just to get him to shut the hell up and back off.”

“Damn DC! You keep this up and you’ll never get her.” Tiff sighed with disgust. “Ok now what… Now you need to go over there and get her. Go to her house and tell her about the stupid bet. Tell her it didn’t meant anything. Tell her your feelings for her are real.”

“I can’t.”

“Why not?” She asked. “DC the girl cares about you! You care about her. What is the problem with telling her that?”

“Because I can’t.”

“That’s not good enough… Because what? She not one of your hoes. She not easy to get into bed. What is it?” she asked wondering what was in the Texas water.

DC looked away.

“So you’re just going to pretend you never cared for her? Have we forgotten that I know you better than anybody. You’ve cared for that girl since we were kids. Why are you going to let this chance slip away? Why? Please explain that to me.”

“Because she’s not like those girls. That’s just it. I know me and I know her… She isn’t ready to be with a boy like me. I don’t want her to be that girl that gives it up at the drop of a dime. That is why I can’t be with her.”

“Your not making sense.” she sighed massaging the bridge of her nose.

“Look… The girls I fuck with now… They’re… They’re not like Julia.”

“No shit, Einstein!”

“Damn it! Tiffany you’ll never understand.” he sighed throwing up his hands.

Tiffany turned him around. “Why can’t you tell her what you’ve been wanting to tell her since she was five? DC the girl just out and practically told everybody that she loved you and not Zach. She just made it that much easier for you and then you let her run out of here without explaining to her what the bet meant. You just showed your ass by not being upfront with the girl.”

“Tiff I know how I am… I’m a playboy. I want it when I want it, no questions asked!”

“Well you can just stop that… Julia is a good girl and she loves you… You love her.” she expressed again. “You really care for her… I mean really care for her you would forget about need for sex.” Hoping like hell he would forget about the need for sex and be with the girl he’s always dreaming about. From what she saw those girls didn’t do much to keep his attention. Julia wasn’t even giving him any and she kept his attention. Kept his nose wide open!

“She’s right man… Those other girls aren’t anything but a bad disease waiting to be caught. But Julia… Julia’s a gem. Rough around the edges I’ll admit but that’s what make her, Julia Simmons. You don’t have to worry about her doing something you know those others will do.” Dustin stepped in. Putting in his .02.

“And at least you know with Julia it isn’t about your status or where you’re going in the future. Not hitting on you or anything, but you got the looks. You got skills. You got brains. You can make it big out there. That’s why they look at you. That’s why they’re throwing themselves at you. Your big brother is a football player and your other brother is about to sign a deal with a baseball team. No telling what you will be doing later on… Your name… That‘s what they want.” Tiff added. “Think about it… Plus you’ve been wanting her since you were little. You didn’t even know what love meant but you knew you loved her. You knew that’s who you wanted to be with… Go be with her. Go love her.”

~AT JULIA’S~


Nico did as she asked. He took her home, even stopped and got her something to eat on the way. “Are you sure you want to be alone?” he asked when he pulled up into the driveway. “Because right now you look like you need a shoulder or something.”

“As much as I appreciate that. Me being alone is the best. Please.”

“Alright but call me if you need me. You know I’ll be right over.”

“I know. Thank you.” She kissed his cheek and got out the car. Julia fished her keys out her purse and let herself in before turning around and waving to Nico that she was alright.

Julia put her food down in the kitchen and went to the living room. When she walked in, “Why are you home so early?” Debbie turning on the lamp and looking at her sister. “Oh my god! What happened!?” she asked getting up and going over to her. “What happened baby… Tell me.”

The minute she wrapped her arms around Julia, was the minute she broke down into tears. “Oh honey… It’s ok… It’s ok.” she soothed rubbing her back and moving to the couch with her in her arms. “Come on tell me what happened.”

“I confessed… I told him how I felt and he just… He…”

“What did he say?”

“They made a bet on me. They made a bet to see who was going to get me first.”

“No…”

“I feel like a fool! I said I loved him in front of everybody and he told me he cared about me. I was going to give him a chance. I felt that connection and then this happens. If he cared about me so much, why did he bet on me. Why?” she cried into her sister’s chest.

“It’s ok…”

Julia pulled away. “How can it be ok? How will it ever be ok? I had one boy pressuring me for sex and then I had another one who was secretly betting he could get with me.” she said standing up. “It hurts… It hurts to know how they talk about you behind your back. It hurts to even think about how I was ready to give myself to DC… I… Thought he was The One and he just proved to me he wasn‘t.”

“Julia…” Debbie sighed reaching for her.

Julia threw her hands up and walked out.

DC wasn’t letting her get away that easily. Not even! He almost did but thanks to Tiffany and Dustin he didn’t. Tiffany was right, he loved her before he knew what the word love meant. He always dreamed about Julia. Every time he closed his eyes she invaded his dreams. That pretty smile. That goofy but cute laugh. All of that made him at peace when he closed his. That made him rest easy.

Peeling out of the parking lot like he was crazy. He needed to explain to her that the bet was nothing. That the bet didn’t mean to see who would get her into bed first. Let her know the bet was silly and he never thought of her that way… He never wanted her to think he was after her for sex. That’s not what he looked at her for. That’s not what he wanted from her. Mean yea that too, but he wanted her more than sex. If they never had sex then he wouldn’t have a problem with that. He just wanted her. He just needed her.

Julia walked into her room and slammed the door. Tears were streaming down her face as she clicked on the lamp. “Stop crying… He… He made his choice and…” She tried to finish but it was too much for her. Julia laid on her bed and curled up into a tight ball and buried her head in the pillow. She was so emotional. She was so heartbroken.

Tears, snot! All of that mixed into one as she laid there. Then… Something made her stop. “Debbie I just want to be alone.” she cried figuring it was just Debbie checking in on her.

She heard a soft creak. She saw her closet door open! Just open! Fear seized her as began to whimper. “Oh god…” she cried softly. She looked around. First she got her heart broken now she was about to be killed. This was not how she planned the night! This is not how she thought her life would end.

“Debbie…“ She called in a whisper. When nobody said anything Julia’s heart began to race. Not the kind of race she felt when she was running. No this was much faster and harder. Julia got up from the bed and started easing to the door before she could get it open she saw something black come for her face. “AHHHHhhhhhh!” She screamed






Chapter End Notes:
Tell me what you all think... Honestly!