Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Awe! Thank you all for your comments. I do believe I replied to them all, if not. Then, I want to thank you for reading and commenting. I love it! I saw somebody tried to get 3chapters out of me. Hey you never know what'll happen between today and friday. Anyway I won't hold you all long, I do want to apologize for any typo's. I'm currently doing two things at once. Again please forgive me!

Anyway you all enjoy... Was it Zach? Did DC get to her on time? Read and find out! Love ya!




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


“Debbie…“ She called in a whisper. When nobody said anything Julia’s heart began to race. Not the kind of race she felt when she was running. No this was much faster and harder! As if it was getting it’s last race before it just up and quit! Julia got up from the bed and started easing to the door before she could get it open she saw something black come for her face.

“AHHHHhhhhhh!” She screamed.

“Shhhhh….” They said covering her mouth in mid-pitch. She kept fighting it. “It’s me.” they whispered.

Julia stopped fighting and sighed with relief. But that only lasted a few seconds, she turned around and pushed him back. “What the hell is your problem!?” she hissed. “Are you trying to give me a heart attack!?”

Debbie got up the stairs as fast as her big stomach would allow. “Julia!” she called.

Julia heard her coming and looked around the room. “Get in the closet.” she whispered pushing him to the opened door. The same time she closed the door, her bedroom door opened.

“What’s wrong?” Debbie asked turning on the room light, out of breath.

“Nothing.”

“Nothing…” she said. “So that scream was just in my mind?” she asked taking a seat on the bed to catch her breath.

“Scream?” Julia asked making it look like nothing happened. “What scream?” she asked again. “I… I… I didn’t hear a scream”

Debbie looked at her as if she was crazy. “I heard you scream. I know I’m not going crazy… I know a scream when I hear one.” she said standing back up. “What’s going on?”

“Ohhhhh!” she chuckled nervously. “The scream… That scream… I saw something in the window and it freaked me out.” she explained waving it off.

“Seriously?” Debbie asked not all that convinced. “Ok what did you see?”

“See… I thought the lizard that was on my window was inside. It took me a second to realize it was the belly of the lizard. See just a big misunderstanding.” She shrugged.

Debbie walked over to the window and looked out. The closet door opened and Julia leaned against it. “I don’t see any--- What’s wrong with you?” she asked seeing her sister trying to do something with the door.

The person handed her, her dress bag and she turned around. “I was getting my bag. I was coming to get it when I saw the thing and I freaked and ran back to my bed.” she laughed holding the bag in front of her.

“Ooook.” Debbie said turning back to the window. “Oh and please keep these things lock. There’s not telling what kind of crazy bastards are lurking around here.” She said locking the top of the window.

“I can think of a few.” She mumbled. The person reached out and pinched her arm, leading her to hiss.

“Excuse me?”

“I said, I’m sure it’s quite a few… I’m sorry. I‘ll keep it locked.”

“Ok well you go on and change. Get into some much more comfortable.” She said walking to the door and turning around before she walked out. “Are you sure your ok? I mean with the whole DC thing? I know you said you felt that connect---”

“Deb!” Julia cut off. “It’s fine… I’m fine…” she said trying to get her to stop talking by all means. “Trust me. I think so time alone will be just what the doctor ordered and more. Maybe even a goodnight‘s rest.”

Debbie smiled and nodded before she walked out, closing the door behind her. Julia waited awhile before she went to check. She saw her go down the stairs before she closed the door again and locked it. “Come out.” she hissed throwing the bag on the bed. “What the hell are you doing in here!? How did you--- Look never mind how… No not never mind. How did you get up here?”

“Julia… I’m superman. I flew up here.” he joked.

“DC…” She whined.

“Alright… Alright…I climbed up here.”

“How long have you been in there?”

“Not long. I just closed the door when you came in. Listen when you left, I couldn’t let you just come home and be pissed at me forever. I needed to make things right. So after you left I wasn’t that far behind.”

“You know that’s not a good thing to do! I could have had a gun.

DC started laughing. “God! I have to do that again.” he said sitting on the bed.

Julia didn’t find anything funny as she turned and looked at him. “DC I’m not laughing.”

“Julia I needed to talk to you and the only way that could happen is if I---”

“You snuck into my room and scared me half to death. Oh that’s real smart! How’s about ringing the doorbell or waiting until we saw each other again.”

“Because either way you would have ignore me.”

“Well I have good reason to ignore you.” She sighed. “How could you make a bet on me?” she asked pacing the room. “I mean seriously DC did you think I wasn’t going to find out.?”

“No… I didn’t think you weren’t going to find out. I thought I was going to be able to tell you about it. And can we not call it a bet. Technically ole boy was right, it‘s not a bet unless when shake on it.”

“Real nice.” she scoffed.

“Can we go someplace and talk? Please.”

Julia sighed and shook her head. “No.” she said with a shrug. “You messed up when you made a bet on me.”

“Julia… … Please.”

“Not until you tell me why. Why did you do it?” she asked crossing her arms.

DC looked around and sighed. “Nice room. Never thought you liked purple that much.”

“Thanks, I did it myself… But I’m serious. Why?” She said taking his compliment and changing the subject back to something more serious.

“You look beautiful despite the red, puffy eyes.” he said still changing the subject. But he was serious about how she look. Despite her eyes, she looked beautiful.

Julia began to blush. “Thank you.” she smiled reaching to twirl a curl around her finger. “Arghh! Stop it! Answer the question.” She said snapping out of lala land. Ugh! Sometimes he made her so mad.

“If you come with me I can explain everything.”

“Why do I have to go with you? Why can’t you tell me right here and right now?”

“Julia. Please I’m begging you. Change clothes and come with me.” he begged willing to get on his knees and grovel for all it was worth!

Julia softened up and sighed. “No funny business!” she pointed.

“No funny business.” He held his hands up in surrender.

“Ok… Ok… I’ll meet you outside.” She reluctantly agreed.

“Alright let me go change and we’ll go.” Those were the words he said but inside he would doing a happy dance. Call it childish but that’s how he felt!

Julia nodded and walked him to the window. He let himself out and turned back to her. “Don’t stand me up.” he whispered. She began to giggle. “I won’t…Oh god… Be careful!” she yelped when she saw him let go and fall back. He landed on his feet and looked up waving. “You’re a fool.” she laughed, waving back and closing the window.

Julia walked over to her vanity and sat down. She should have been steaming mad at him! Should have been ready to push him put the window but instead she agreed and even laughed… No she giggled. She giggled like a little school girl. Sighing because she still couldn’t believe she agreed to this, she got up and changed.

DC snuck into his house and to his room. He don’t know why he was sneaking his parents were too busy to even notice he was home. Blocking out his mother’s moans, he quickly changed into some jeans, air forces, and a blue polo. Still sneaking, he grabbed some loose change off the counter and left the house. He ran to his car and started it up.

Julia changed into her baby phat, blue long sleeve hoodie and the pants to match. Under the hoodie she had on a white tank top and a pair of ice white air-force ones. She went downstairs, because she wasn’t about to jump out no window. She peeked around the corner only to see Debbie rubbing her stomach in her sleep. Good because she didn’t feel like explaining anything to anybody, she grabbed her keys off the table and snuck out of the house.

DC drove until they ended up at a park. The whole way he had been wanted to hold her hand. Even start a conversation but he didn’t want to risk her yelling at him to pull over and let her walk home. Julia looked like the type to do that. The same went with Julia, she wanted to hold his hand, talk to him but she didn’t want to say anything that was going to get her put out of the car. Like he would be crazy enough to do that but still, she couldn’t be sure.

“Julia… I’m sorry about earlier.” DC started after he parked and they sat in silence for awhile.

“Why did you do it?” She asked finally looking at him. “When did you do it?”

“The day you fell. I was making sure you got in the truck good and Monica stepped over. Then Zach and he was going on and on about how he didn’t want me looking at you. Wondering why I was looking at you and I simply told him you were my friend and I was just looking out. Then the fool accused me of looking at you as if you were more than my friend.” DC scoffed. Yea he was looking at her as if she was his girlfriend but that didn’t give the fool authority to call him out. It wasn’t like he was touching her. “Anyway, I just… I was pissed. Then he made a threat. Saying he would do whatever to keep you. I got enough of the arrogance and I told him I could get you first. But I didn’t mean get you into bed first. The bet wasn’t even real it was just something I said to scare him up a little.” he shrugged looking at her. “You have to know I wouldn’t put you in anything like that. Seriously. I care to much about you.”

Julia raised her head. “Do you really mean that?”

“What part?” he asked. “The part about me caring about you?”

“Yea… Do you really care about me?”

“Of course I care about you.”

“Why didn’t you tell me? Why did you make me feel like you were looking over me?”

DC sat back in his seat and sighed. “I didn’t mean to make you feel like that. But I didn’t tell you because… I was… I was afraid.”

“Afraid of what?” she unbuckled her seat belt and turned to him. “Afraid that wouldn’t feel the same way about you. Afraid that I would laugh in your face and walk away or ruin you precious rep.”

“Why is my reputation always the question in this. You think I‘m that shallow.”

“Your words, not mine. But to be honestly I haven’t seen you dating girls like me.”

DC shook his head. “No I wasn’t afraid of my rep being ruined. To be honest that’s nothing to me. I was afraid of my being with you because of my rep.” he said looking back over. She looked confused and it made him laugh. “I mean its no mystery what I do with those girls. It’s no mystery how I got my nickname BDC…”

Julia giggled. “No… it’s no mystery.” she replied. She overheard the name from one of the girls in the locker room and even though she hated the way they were talking about him, but the name made her laugh.

“See!” DC chuckled. “But… No, my being with you is nothing bad it’s just.. We know how I am. I like sex. I’m a playboy and you don’t deserve to be with somebody who can’t keep it in his pants. You deserve somebody that’ll be truthful to you.”

“So your saying… …” She stopped and looked down. “You can’t change your ways… Even for me.”

DC raised her head and cupped her face. “Look at you already asking me to change.“ he teased. “I can change… I can change a lot if I’m with you.”

“But you just said I don’t deserve to be with you.”

“I know what I said… And I know what I’m saying now… I want to be with you. I want you to be with me.”

“Wait, your confusing me.” She chuckled pulling away and taking a deep breath. Finally she opened the door and got out, wrapping her arms around. DC followed and stood behind her. “You want to be with me or don’t you. Because right now I’m not getting any of this. You say you do and you would change for me but then again you sound like you mean something else.” she said turning around. “If you brought me out here to tell me you want to be with me but you can’t, then it was a waste of my time and your gas!”

“Julia listen to me…”

“Answer the question! Do you feel the same way I feel about you? Do you or do you not want to be with me!”

Julia began to wonder why she got loud. It was like they were married and he was trying to leave her. Why was she acting that way? Oh she knew why, because she loved him and she would probably do just about anything for him.

“I want to be with you… I want to be with you so bad it’s crazy. But I have a question, do you really wanna deal those girls staring you up in down because of what you got and they don‘t? Are you really ready to be BDC girl?”

“You make it sound like you’re a professional ball-player surrounding by hoes.”

“Well in high school, I’m just that.”

“No!” She fussed pulling back. “Forget about the names. Forget about the girls. Your rep. It’s what you want. Do you want me or do you not want me. It’s just that simple.”

DC sighed and ran his hand through his hair. “Julia…”

Julia tapped her foot before she turned and walked away. She barely made it to the back of the truck when he came around the other side and stood in front of her. DC sighed, he was so frustrated it was crazy. He was the one that couldn’t keep it together. It was all him. You want the girl. Then go get the girl. Stop being such an asshole! His big brother’s words echoed in his head. Go be with her. Go love her! Tiff’s word echoed in his head. Then… I love DC… I love Dmitri…

DC eyed her a minute before he made his move. He held her hands down and leaned in closer and closer. “What are you doing?” she asked quietly looking in his eyes, searching for a answer. He got closer. Closer. Until finally their lips grazed. She felt like she was surrounded by flames just from that little touch. “DC…” she sighed her eyes fluttering. She couldn’t believe what she was thinking. She was falling weak under his touch. “Kiss me.” she whispered.

DC, didn’t wait another minute as he just closed his lips to hers. He let her hands go and placed his own on her waist, pulling her close to him. For so long he wanted to taste her lips. For so long he wanted to hold her in his arms and never let go. DC parted her lips with his tongue, in search of her own. Which turned out to be the juiciest tongue he ever tasted.

Julia was kissing him…She was kissing him! And oh gawd! It felt so good. The way his tongue swirled around in her mouth. The way he held her. He held her with a possessive like squeeze, yet he was so gentle. At first she felt a little weird, that maybe if she moved something would jump off but soon she got comfortable and wrapped her arms around his neck. Zach never ever kissed her like this. When she and Zach kissed, it was always sloppy. Not the kind of kiss she dreamed of.

The kiss was so tantalizing she could hardly breathe. DC thought the same thing as he pulled back and looked at her. “I do care about you…” he said raising his hand and thumbing away the smeared lip gloss, on the corner of her lips. “I want you… I want you and only you! I’ve only wanted you since we were little. Those other girls don’t mean a damn thing to me! They don’t hold a candle to you.” he said breathing hard, not letting her go for one second.

Julia didn‘t know how it happened but it did. She started turning red! Out of no where, “What you said earlier… Were you making sure I was alright or were you watching me for a different reason?”

“If I said I was watching you for a different reason, what’ll happen?” DC asked cautiously.

Nice come back. “I’ll tell you I was watching you, watching me.” she said softly.

DC looked at her. “You would?”

“Ok stop that!” she laughed. “Yes! Yes I was watching you because I was secretly wishing Coach Laurel hadn’t interrupted us. I… I really wanted to kiss you.” she admitted. “But I’m glad we waited because that way nobody could interrupt us.”

“Yea I was thinking that same thing.” He whispered. Julia laid her head on his chest and listened to his heartbeat. “You never gave me that dance.” he said into her hair.

Julia pulled away and looked up at him. “Well…” she hinted. DC caught the hint and let her go just to cut on some music. Julia leaned on the side of the car and waited, patiently, hardly. She started thinking about DC and what just happened between them. It made her smile. It made her stomach do flips. She stood there wondering if she was too young to be in love. To fall this deep for somebody. She was only 17 and she felt she found the person she wanted to make her dreams come true.

DC returned to her side. “First… Open this birthday girl.” he almost begged holding out his hand that had a box laying in the center.

She was a little confused at first but she looked at her cell phone clock and saw it was the next day. Her birthday! So now, she was only 18. Was she still too young to fall in love this deep. “You remembered!” she squealed looking at the box and then back at him.

“How could I forget? You always had a party in the backyard.”

“And you and your brothers use to come over ruin it!”

“We didn’t ruin it. Just had a little fun. But here open it…” he urged.

“Ok.” Julia blushed gently taking the box and slowly removing the top. “Oh my god! This is beautiful!” She cried tracing the diamond, dragonfly pendant. “This had to be expensive… I can’t take this from you.” she said not wanting him to think she was all material things.

“Shhhh… I bought it and you are going to take it. Besides it’s your birthday.”

“I know, but your suppose to buy these kind of things for your wife or your mother. Not your teenage girlfriend.”

“So you’re my girlfriend?” he asked catching that last word.

She looked up. “Do you want to be my boyfriend?” she asked sounding like a kid. Only thing they were missing was a sheet of paper saying, will you go with me, Check yes or check no.

“Do you even have to ask… Yes Julia Ari Simmons, I want to be your boyfriend.”

“Oh god! Don’t say my middle name.”

“Why not! I like your middle name.” DC rolled his eyes and turned back to the gift, taking it out the box. He then placed it around her neck and hooked it. “I bought it for you. I know it’s a lot but it doesn’t matter what it cost. You wearing it is all that matters.”

Julia cried as she reached to her neck and fingered. “I’ll wear it until my dying day.” she promised when he came back in front of her. DC caught her tears with his lips.

The song he was thinking about came on and he pulled back smiling. “Would you like to dance?” he asked reaching for her hand.

“Yes.” she said giddily as she placed her hand on his and he pulled her into his arms. She laid her head on his chest and they began to move around. Julia felt safe in his arms. She felt warm. She felt complete. There goes that calming heartbeat again.

DC kissed her hair before he rested his head on top of her’s. His arms were around her waist, resting on the small of her back. He never felt this kind of touch from anybody else. He wanted this to last forever. “Julia.” he said low, when he heard her humming. She was too in the mood to even hear him. If they hadn’t been standing she would fall asleep just by hearing his heart thump against strong chest. DC didn’t want to take her from her world so he rested his head back on her’s and continued to hold her. Continued to dance around with her.





Chapter End Notes:
Who was right about who it was? ROTFL!! Tell me what you all think.