Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hey everybody! First I want to say thanks to those that have commented. Loved them all! Thanks to those that have came and read...

Please forgive me for any typos, I am tired! It was suppose to be another part to this chapter but I can't finish that one right now. So I'm posting the first part, hopefully the other will be up tomorrow. Only time can tell. I won't waste your time so please enjoy and tell me what you think.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


They danced well until 2am that morning. Slow danced. Got jiggy with it. Just so much they did that had them both laughing and praying that the night didn’t have to end. But it was time for it to end because one nobody knew that Julia left again and she was sure if she didn’t make it home soon they would find out. Then in turn send out search dogs. Larry was very good for doing that! Just ask Lauren!

The drive back home was quiet, but it was a good quiet. They held hands the whole time. Finally… “Thank you DC… Even though you ruined this night, you made it the best ever.”

“Ruined it!?” he chuckled keeping his eyes on the road.

“Yes ruined it. You made me yell and I don’t yell on a regular.”

“Oh whatever… I’m just glad you didn’t punch me.”

Julia giggled and raised her right fist. “Yea… I had to put him on lock down for the night. Doesn’t mean I won’t forget about you sneaking up on me. Trust me I’m going to get you back for that one.”

“I’d like to see you try.” he teased turning onto their street and driving down to their house. He pulled the car into his driveway and they got out. For some reason walking her home seemed better. They could have some more time together. They met up by the trunk took each other’s hand. “Thank for coming with me tonight.” he mentioned while they walked down the sidewalk.

“My pleasure. It was fun… We have to do it again… Soon.”

“How about tomorrow?” He suggested as they walked up her walk way.

“You mean later? It’s already tomorrow.” She teased squeezing his hand.

DC laughed as they walked onto her porch. “Ok smarty pants. Later… Good night girlfriend.”

“Goodnight boyfriend.” Their hands were at their sides, still entwined as they inched closer and their lips connected. She couldn’t get enough of those juicy lips. Their hands fell apart and wrapped around ones neck and waist.

~~~**~~~**~~~

2 Weeks! Those 2weeks were the best of her life. She and DC were damn near inseparable. They went to school together. Left school together. They sat with each other at lunch and hugged up. Fed each other, it was like they been together longer! They didn’t have to talk on the phone because when they got the urge to talk they met each other out on the balcony or at the sidewalk.

During those weeks, DC gave up the girls. When they came around he told them how it was and what it was going to be like from now on. They didn’t like it and made sure Julia was very aware of that. Every time they saw her they tried to break her.

“Bitch!” One of them fussed as she, Tiffany and Monica came into the pavilion, where their graduation was being held..

“Takes one to know one.” Julia shot back. She wasn’t about to let them get to her. Wasn’t about to let them ruin her chances at graduating. She got this far without socking one of them in the eye and she wasn’t about to mess that up. But that didn’t mean she wouldn’t get them in the near future.

“You one strong chick because I would have been knocked that bitch out.” Tiff bucked. Monica nodded in agreement.

“They are just jealous because of what I have. Oh but best believe they will get there’s… When they least expect it.” She promised.

“Julia Simmons!” Mrs. Jones called. Julia turned around. “Do you have your speech ready?”

“Yes ma’am.”

“Do you need it to be already on the stand?” She asked reaching for the sheet of paper.

Julia shook her head. “No ma’am. It’s all up here.” she indicated tapping her head lightly with her finger.

“Oh my god… I wish you would let us place it up there. I’m telling you. I have seen some of the best get up there and forget their speech. It never fails.”

“Mrs. Jones I can handle it. Trust me.”

Mrs. Jones looked down. “I guess I have no choice.” she sighed reading the salutatorian speech. “Ok you all get in your places so we can take this picture. Right after, you all will line up to walk out.” She commanded leaving the large group.

Julia turned to Tiffany and Monica and they came and hugged her. “You better get up there and knock them dead. Make them wish they would have made you valedictorian!”

“You so silly.” She teased as she felt somebody wrap their arms around her waist. She didn’t have to worry because she knew who it was now. She knew that cologne from anywhere. “You can’t scare me anymore.” she reminded before turning around and greeting her man with a kiss.

“Hmmmm! Baby you keep that up and I can’t promise I’ll be a good boy.” He warned still holding her.

“Oh!’

“So you ready to get up there and face all of those people?” He asked trying to avoid her hands that was trying to fix his tie.

“Be still!” She scolded. “And yes I’m ready… I was born ready.” Julia finally fixed his tie. “Now don’t you look sexy.” DC rolled his eyes and kissed her cheek.

The graduating class of 2006 got in their places and posed for their last picture as a class.

“Today is the day that we take our steps to making our mark in the world. We say goodbye to the jocks, cheerleaders, and band geeks, and say hello to the future CEO's, doctors and lawyers sitting next to us...

Over these 4 yrs there have plenty of conflicts and trials that you have went thru, but you always have those few people you can call on when you need the chocolate chunk ice cream and a good chick flick, or when u need the boys to come over to talk about your girl who isn’t quite right. I for one have had my moments where I needed my friends more than anything. And today, as I stand up here in front of our family, our friends, our instructors, our unsung hero’s. I would like to tell, Tiffany, Monica, Tucker, Jonathan, Dmitri!… Thank you for being there for me in my time of need. Thank you for being the best friends anybody could have. To the teachers, Thank you for being so hard on us. Mrs. Jones you especially. Thank you for having opened ears when we came to you crying. Came to you with a problem. Thank you for having our backs. Thank you for believing in me… In us.

To my parents. Angela and Larry Simmons, my sisters Debbi and Lauren and brother Nicholas, thank you… Thank you for giving me life. Showing me love. Giving me a chance to spread my wings. This day wouldn’t have been possible without you, your love, your strength, your constant need to be all in my business… Thank you, I would not be standing here without all of you. To those that came out tonight to show your support, your love, thank you! You may not know it but you all are what kept us going. Kept us pushing.”

Now… To the class of 2006 its time to go out into this big bold blue and green, thing they call the world and leave your imprint on society, let them know that they are getting the best the world has to offer when they associate themselves with you, and always remember if you can't light up the world, light up the little corner you have. John F. Kennedy said it best, If not us, who? If not now, when?

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe! I am Julia Simmons your class of 2006, Salutatorian and I would like to thank you all for being present to hear my speech! Thank you!”

Julia moved from the podium and gave a bow. Everybody that was assembled in the building stood and applauded her on her wonderful speech. The uproar had her eyes watering. Wow! This was it. This was the end and the beginning. This was what success felt like.

“That’s my baby! I gave birth to her!” Angela yelled.

“I helped!” Larry yelled. Even though they were embarrassed by their parents out burst, Debbie, Lauren and Nico clapped and hollered.

“That’s my girl! You better tell it Chica!” Tiffany and Monica called out as they stood in their spots and clapped and did a whooping call.

One person had to do something crazy. DC left his seat and went up to the front, he was there to meet Julia when she walked down the steps. That is where he placed a kiss on her lips. “I love you.” he said into her lips.

Julia was in tears as they held each other. “I love you too.” she replied.

The ceremony went on without any drama.

“Julia Simmons.” The principal called. Julia smiled and walked across the stage to receive her diploma cover. No way they were giving the diploma that night. “Congratulations.” He whispered.

Her class stood up and cheered her on. Even those who she never really liked. But the loudest was her family. She swear her parents called them all to be apart of this.

More names were called and when they came to, “Dmitri Calhoun.” the class was extra loud. One in particular was Julia.

“I love you!” She called as he winked and did another stupid thing. He ran up to the microphone. “I love you Julia Simmons!” he said before he ran off and went back to his seat. Julia’s cheeks began to burn with excitement. Tonight couldn’t be any better.

DC was loving it. The name calling. The hollering. He heard his family and he turned to wave at them. He saw they all had on shirts that had a letter from his name painted on them. “BDC!” One of his boys out of nowhere calls. DC chuckled and waved at him.

“I love you baby!” Victoria called.


~~~**~~~**~~~

Days later, Julia walked up the porch and rung the bell. Soon somebody greeted her. “Julia.” Victoria said with a hint of nastiness.

“Hi, Mrs. Calhoun.” she replied. She let that nastiness slide. “Is Dmitri here?” she asked softly.

“Why?”

“Well because I need to talk to him.”

Victoria rolled her eyes. “Stay here.” she replied closing the door.

Julia rolled her eyes as well. She didn’t get this woman. Sometimes she thought the woman was bi-polar. Anyway, Julia turned and took a seat on the porch swing. What she had to tell him wasn’t going to be the best thing ever. Especially now that they were closer than ever. She couldn’t believe this was happening.

“Hey babe. What’s up!” DC greeted coming out the door and going over to hug her. They shared a kiss before they sat back down. “What’s going on? You look sad. Or pissed. Or… Well you don’t look happy. What’s wrong?”

“You uh… You know I love you… Right?”

“I never doubted it.”

“And you know I would never do anything intentionally to break us up.”

“I didn’t… at first…” he said slowly. “Lia baby what’s going on?” He asked nervously. Julia sighed and handed him a envelope. He looked at her a while before he opened it and read the first couple of lines. “Wow! This is good! What’s the deal?” he asked not getting it. “You got accepted into NYU, what so bad about---- Wait… Wait…” He got it. “Your leav… Your leaving me?”

“DC I’m so sorry! When I sent my letter I had no idea we would even be together. I didn’t even believe they would accept me!” she shrieked jumping up and pacing the porch.

“Well…”

“Well what?” She asked turning to look at him.

“You can’t go.” DC stood up and gave the letter back.

“What!?” Julia asked wondering if she was hearing right. This was the school of her dreams. She always wanted to go to New York. Always been her dream to live in a big city.

“You can’t go…” DC replied simply. “Say you didn’t receive the letter. Say you’ve been accepted somewhere else… But you aren’t going. Sorry. You just can’t.”

Julia stepped back. “DC…”

“No Julia! I just got you and I am not ready to let you go! I don’t plan on it.”

“But this is---”

“Is crap! Julia you leave and your walking away from us… from something we both fought like hell to get.”

Julia, “So if I leave we’re… we’re finished?” she asked carefully. DC didn’t reply he just ran his fingers through his hair and sighed. “I thought you loved me!”

“I do love you!”

“If you loved me you would see this is something I have to do. DC this is my dream!”

“I thought I was your dream?”

“And you are… You are that and so much more. But I---”

“You can’t have me and New York… It won’t work that way.” DC nonchalantly replied. “It’s either me or NYU.”

Damn, she thought as her free hand slapped against her thigh. She thought he was better than that. They always talked about their dreams. Their goals and they supported them but now that her dream came looking for her he stopped. He stopped caring. Julia and DC stood on the porch in silence.

DC didn’t mean to give her an ultimatum but he just got her. He unfortunately didn’t get accepted to NYU. But that didn’t matter. He didn’t want their relationship to end before it had a chance to actually began. He wasn’t ready to let the woman of his dreams go. Was it so wrong that DC just wasn’t man enough to believe if you let them go and you love them enough, they will return. Was it wrong that DC felt if she left he would be nothing. Julia was his world. His number one girl.

After the silence became unbearable, Julia walked down the steps of the porch. She didn’t have the strength to turn and tell him bye, all she could do was walk away and go back to her own home. Go back to the place she knew!


~~~**~~~**~~~


“What’s wrong baby girl?” Larry asked when he passed by her room and saw her crying, leading him to turn around.

“I’m lost.”

“What you mean?”

“DC… He doesn’t want me to go to NYU… He gave me a ultimatum. Either him or New York.”

Larry knew it wouldn’t be long before that fool messed up. When were men going to learn you can’t give a woman an ultimatum. Especially a smart one. “What did you say?”

“I walked away… Daddy I don’t want to leave him but I don’t want to… I never thought he would do that. This is my dream! This is what I worked hard for!”

“Well honey. You know what you have to do.”

“But---”

“But nothing slugger… It’s your decision. It’s your life. You live it the way you were meant to live it.” Larry stood up from the bed and planted his lips on her forehead. “You dream it, you do it! Don’t let anybody stop you from growing. Don’t let anybody stop you from being all you can and want to be!”






Chapter End Notes:

If this is happening then that means something else is happening. So don't leave just yet, this is just probably a beginning!