Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
First I want to thank you all for reading and commenting. Love them! Second this is a two part chapter... Enjoy!


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


When Julia just walked away and didn’t turn back, DC stormed into the house and down the hall to his room. He was swinging the door closed when somebody’s big hand slapped against it. “You know momma is going to kill you the next time you slam her door.”

“Well I’ll just be a dead man.” DC sighed as he plopped on the bed and crossed his arms. “What is it with girls! I mean one minute they want you and the next they want to go off to some other state…”

“So Julia got accepted into NYU?” He gathered.

“How you know?”

“Streets be talking…”

“You listened in on our conversation!”

“Well hell what you expect me do when nothing else is on TV and the drama is out on the porch. Seriously dude you need to learn a thing or two about women. They don’t like being told what to do. They don’t like it when you keep them from doing something that means a lot to them.”

“I’m not keeping her from being a physical therapist. I just don’t understand why she can’t do it closer to home.”

“If I remember correctly she isn’t going just to be a physical therapist… NY has the best schools for ballet. Something she’s into.”

DC looked down, shaking his head. “Damn ballet! What is it about having to put on a tutu and dance around on the stage. I don’t understand!”

“Of course you wouldn’t. Your not a chick or gay.” Keith sat down on the bed. “Look you just made a big mistake by letting her go like that… Even though she walked away, I’m sure that was the last thing she wanted. She was probably hoping you would stop her. Maybe even decide to chase that dream with her.”

“I didn’t get accepted into NYU… If I can’t go then I don’t want her to go.”

Keith shook his head. “That’s just selfish. You have a lot to learn my man.” Keith stood up and walked to the door. “Julia isn’t one your hit it and quit it girls. She’s not the type to change her life long dream at the drop of a dime. No-no. She’s the type that has her stuff planned out. That has her mind made up. And is going to do what makes her happy, whether you like it or not.” Keith added honestly.

“I know and I don’t want her to be that girl but am I wrong for wanting her to stay here with me. Where she belongs.”

“Hell yea! You can’t go asking your girl to just drop her dream for you. Especially if you haven’t put a ring on it. Especially with a background like your own.”

“I’ve changed.” DC defended.

“You’ve been a changed man going on a month. Dude! You’ve been a player since you were a freshman.”

“But that was the old DC. Not like I’m going to cheat on her… I care for her too much to do that.”

“Well if you care for her that much you would understand how much this means to her. You will find away to be with her. You care for that much, you wouldn’t have let her walk away like you did.”

“She walked away from me!”

“Doesn’t matter!” Keith fussed standing up. Keith leaned against the doorway and sighed. “Look man… Don’t let that girl go. You wanted her, you got her now you got to work harder to keep her. And if that means following her, then so be it… Do what you gotta do.”


~~~**~~~**~~~

It was the very last day of school and the seniors were saying their final goodbyes. It wasn’t exactly final because some of them were going to the same college. But for Julia it was The Final Goodbye.

“I can’t believe your leaving us.” Monica cried as they stood out in the parking lot.

“Me neither.” Lia cried. “But we promised nothing would change between us. Therefore when you need me just call and I’ll have my chocolate chunk ice cream at the ready.” She teased.

“It’s not the same. Your flying across the country. We probably won’t see you again.” Tiffany added.

“I will be home for holidays.”

“Still not the same.”

Julia sighed. “Don’t make me cry. Please.” she begged holding their hands. “I promise I will call everyday. I’ll take a lot of pictures and send them to you. I’ll IM you so much you’ll get sick of me.” she said as her emotions rolled around. “I’m going to miss you both so much.” she finally cried as they embraced.

DC was standing by his car, watching the girls share a teary goodbye. You’d think she was leaving today or tomorrow instead of in a few months. He shook his head and turned back to his friends.

“Dude we going to see you this weekend right?” Dustin asked as they did their handshake.

DC shook his head. “Nah man… I’m hanging with my girl this weekend.” he said with a wink.

“Fo’Sho!” Dustin yelped. “When ya’ll hooked back up. I mean lately you two haven’t been close.”

“That’s why I’m with her this weekend. Gonna make it up to her.” DC said knowingly. Yea he had it planned. They were going to go to the movies. Head to their spot at the park and just chill. Make-up for his stupidity.

“Well you gotta let me know how it goes. I really wanna know how ya’ll going to do the whole thing with her going to New York and all.”

“Man we’ll deal with that later. Right now it’s about us spending the summer together… Just me and my girl.” He muffled still looking at her.

Tiffany saw him and she chuckled. “Ya man looking over here.” she whispered to Julia who was leaning against her car.

Julia slowly turned around. She and DC hadn’t spoken since that day she told him she was going to New York. She hadn’t made an attempt to talk to him and he hadn’t made an attempt to talk to her. She wasn’t about to because it wasn’t her fault. He knew all about her dream. “Yea well… Looking isn’t going to solve our problem. Neither is talking. It’s too late.” she shrugged.

“I don’t know Julia maybe you should at least try and talk to him.” Monica urged.

“What would be the point… My mind is made. The plans have already been made.” She sighed looking down.

Not a minute later, Larry pulled whipped the Navigator near the girls and got out. “Hey ladies.” he greeted walking up to them.

“Hey Mr. Simmons.” They gushed.

Julia rolled her eyes. First they flirted with Nico, now they were flirting with her daddy. What the hell! Larry chuckled and looked at his daughter. “Plane leaves in 3hours… Gotta get home and make sure you have everything… So are you… You ready?” he asked putting his hands in his pocket. She nodded slowly before taking a deep breath.

“Ready as I’ll ever be.” She sighed turning back to her friends. This was goodbye. “I guess this is my… My cue.” she said teary eyed. “I love you all. And I’m going to miss you oh so much.” She cried.

All three of them cried as they embraced one last time. Larry took their last pictures before they retreated to the navigator.

“Wait up!” A voice called before Julia got in the truck. She turned and saw Zach. “Hey.” he said out of breath.

“Hey.” She replied softly.

“I uh… I heard you were accepted into NYU. Congratulations!”

“Thank you.”

Zach looked at her before he looked down. “Look I want to apologize for everything. Messing up your prom night. Pressuring you. I shouldn’t have done that… I’m sorry for acting like a fool.” When Larry heard this he quickly turned into that over-protective father. He went around to their side and crossed his arms over his strong chest.

“Your right you shouldn’t have… but all is forgiven.” She opened her arms and they shared a friendly hug. “I’m going to miss you Zach.” she whispered. Even though they would never make it as a couple she still looked to him as a friend.

“I’m going to miss you too.” He replied.

Larry didn’t like it. “Julia… Come on honey.” he said carefully, making sure Zach heard the edge in his voice. Julia and Zach parted and she got into the SUV. When Larry pulled out she waved at her friends before sliding down into her seat. “It’ll be ok you know.”

“Yea I guess.” she sighed still looking out the window.


~~~**~~~**~~~


Julia had everything in the trunk of her fathers truck and was hugging her sisters and brother bye. “You go out there and be you but don’t forget where you come from.” Debbie said as they embraced. “Don’t make me and your nephew come down there and put a hurting on you.”

“Like he would even hurt his favorite aunt.” Julia teased resting her head on her sister’s shoulder. Debbie only gave birth Andre Simmons a week ago. Otherwise she would be leaving with her sister and staying with her while she got herself straight. “Give him another kiss for me.” she cried.

“You know I will baby girl.” she whispered. “You were always my favorite.” she whispered again. She and Julia pulled away laughing and wiping their tears.

“Don’t you go out there and get fast on me.” Keith warned as they hugged.

Julia was going to miss big Keith. He was like another brother to her. He, DC, and their father were the only ones that liked her. Victoria and Mike not so much. She didn’t know why, she really didn’t care. “Oh yea… So you can come down and put a hurting on me too.” she teased. She hugged him a little while longer before whispering something meaningful in his ear. “Tell… Tell Dmitri I love him and nobody else is worthy of that special place in my heart… but him.” Keith nodded and kissed her cheek. She silently thanked him before going over to Lauren and Nico who both threatened to come down if she didn’t act right. But Lauren was going to be New York within the next few weeks because she transferred to NYU not long ago. So it wasn’t like Julia would be totally alone.

“Come baby… You know how traffic is around this time.” Larry reminded looking at his watch.

“Yea your right…” She replied. Larry and Angela were going to New York with her but Larry was only staying for a few days. Angela was going to stay until her baby got situated. “Bye you guys.” She waved as she walked over to her father. He opened his arms and she went into them, laying her head on his chest.

“Don’t worry you’ll be alright.” he whispered kissing her hair. “My slugger can handle anything.” he said. They waited for Angela to finish giving instructions and right after they pulled out. When they passed by DC’s house she laid her head on the window and sighed. She felt bad she didn’t say goodbye but it was the only way she could actually get through this. No doubt had they said goodbye she would rethink about going. Really give up that dream to be with him.

~~~**~~~**~~~


Sometime after Julia and her father left, DC started getting a feeling something wasn’t right. Leading him to pull Tiffany and Monica who were about to leave, to the side. “Yo! What’s going on with Julia?” he asked.

“Oh like you don’t know! The girl is leaving.” Monica said with a hint of nastiness.

“Well duh! But ya’ll acting like she leaving tomorrow.” DC scoffed.

Monica looked at Tiffany and they communicated with their eyes. He didn’t know. He really didn’t know. “No she’s not leaving tomorrow… But she is leaving today.” Monica finally told him.

“What!” DC fussed. He couldn’t believe this. No she was leaving to damn early. “She can’t be leaving… Classes don’t start for another few---”

“Their leaving today to get her moved into her apartment. Orientation with NYU and her ballet classes start next week.”

“No… Before she said she wasn’t leaving until august.” He fussed again. Hoping he was being punk’ed.

“That was before you told her she couldn’t go. That was before you showed your ass.” Tiffany pressed on. “After you didn’t stop her, she felt she had no reason to stay behind.”

DC shook his head. This couldn’t be. His girl couldn’t be leaving. Not now anyway. Tiffany was still talking when he turned and ran back to his car. He hopped and ignored the many calls from his friends, telling to slow down. Asking what was wrong. DC sped out of the parking lot and out the gate. Why did he wait so late to ask them? “Why the hell hadn’t she told me!?” he fussed hitting the steering wheel and weaving in and out of cars. He couldn’t believe she was about to leave and not even say goodbye. Who does that?

DC made it to the house in no time. He didn’t see the SUV so maybe he was on time. He jumped out his car and ran up to the door only to hear a voice behind him. “She’s gone man.” DC turned around and saw his brother Keith coming out the backyard.

“What you mean she’s gone.”

“They left almost as hour ago. Where the hell you been?”

“I was at school. I… I… I saw him come get her but I just thought she came to get her papers. I didn’t know she was leaving until a little while ago.” he said out of breath. “Where is she… You have to tell me.”

“At the Bush Intercontinental Airport.” Keith sighed.

“What time does her plan leave? What terminal? I need to know!”

“I don’t know man. But I advise you to hop back in that damn car and get your ass over there.” Keith advised. DC was about to run off when Keith caught his arm. “She told me to tell you. She loves you and nobody else is worthy of her heart but you.”

DC looked as if he was about to cry as he jerked away from Keith and ran back to his car. Once he pulled out he buckled and sped away. He wasn’t about to let her go like this. He wasn’t about to let go period.






Chapter End Notes:
Part 2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.