Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:
this is my first story so... be gentle



Author's Chapter Notes:
 


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 Chain . of . Fools |
Chapter One: Drama King

           "Ugh, why do guys drool over her like that..? I mean she does have nice tits, but please! So does Angela Ward and she's the biggest band geek in our entire school!" Jesse scoffed as he looked on at Rochelle Richardon, his best friend's older sister directing an underclassmen where to place her lunch tray as she chatted with a member of the cheerleading team animatedly with a smile her and a nod there. But the look in her eyes was mocking and betrayed her friendly smile. Carmen shrugged her shoulders and moved her vision elsewhere, more than likely to the table where her sister sat along with the rest of her crew. When Carmen started High School at TES Rochelle offered her a seat at the popular table but she declined as did Jesse when she asked him too. Carmen did it half heartedly... she wouldn't have mind a decent seat in the cafeteria but Jesse refused to sit with people who associated with his older brother. He didn't like him or the people he hung with. He was a rebel with causes, which was: hate preps and fight the man.
            Carmen sighed as she heard Jesse mumble something about bimbos. "You know J, my sister isn't so bad. I mean true... she has big boobs but she didn't ask for them and why is that so bad? I want breast," she paused to point at her own. Jesse stifled a laugh and nodded as she continued "Okay. Whatever, what I'm trying to say is... She's cool. She doesn't ask for attention and I have to admit... I've played guys to," Jesse's face hardened. "No, not you silly!" she slapped his shoulder and sighed. "Look at her expression, you have to observe the details and not just the big picture.. Or boobs. She finds the chatting girl amusing...Entertaining... She not interested in what she's saying. And that boy is supposed to be cool, Ian Matthews?” Carmen turns to Jesse to see if that was the boy’s name. Jessed nodded in approval and chewed impatiently waiting on Carmen to finish her statement. “She's making a fool of him." Carmen closed her eyes and pinched the bridge of her nose. Just great! Her first day of her freshman year and she was already defending her sister... and from her best friend out of all people, not that he ever was really a fan of Rochelle.
            “I’m sure you think she’s the greatest Carmen, but damn it.” Jesse huffed attempting to bring his thoughts into words, and then put those words into a complete sentence. Carmen shook her head picking at the Chef Salad that she bought for lunch. Jesse couldn’t quite place what she was thinking, “Look it’s not like I’m trying to hate on your family Cars, it’s just you know how I feel about those type. It’s a complete shame, how one group can control the minds of everyone that isn’t in that group,” Jess shook his head snapping of the tip of a carrot before he continued. “Every girl wants big boobs, a pretty face and to be friends with my idiot brother” he shook his head and chewed the rest of his carrot with his arms folded. Carmen was amused, the exact reason why she was so comfortable with him.
            “Just look at them Carmen, that too much happy for one freaking group. You and I know that” Jesse complained and shook his head. Carmen smiled and giggled knowing what she was about to say would send him on a riot. “Why do you care so much if you can’t stand them J?” Carmen asked concealing her anticipation of his words. The smile she was fighting began to fight back as his face went from annoyed to shock then back to annoyance. “What the fuck? I don’t care about what the fakes do and you know that Carmen. I have no choice but to look, I have a fake ass brother who won’t keep his mouth shut and I have a rep to uphold. The way that dumb ass carries himself I have to watch out for myself and for him. Besides you’re my best friend it’s the same with Rochelle. You can’t help but wonder what idiotic event they’re ranting on about today.” Carmen couldn’t hold it in any longer; she burst into a fit of laughter as she shook her head. The fact that Jesse was honest and serious made the words he spoke all the more funny. “Oh J, stop being a drama queen please” she said her laughter yet to seize. He glared at her, annoyed that she would be laughing at a serious matter such as that. “I’m not being a ‘drama queen’ Carmen. I’m being dead ass serious” he spoke shaking his head and leaning back in his chair.
            “Just stop being a pussy and leave your brother alone. He’s his own person, we’re our own people J. You’re my best friend just like Rochelle is Fredrick’s. You have more in common with him then you give credit for” Carmen said sipping on the Tropicana Orangeade that was quenching her thirst. She knew Jesse wouldn’t listen and she just shrugged thinking to herself that he was going to despise his brother regardless of any effort. “It’s just another conspiracy Cars. Think about it, the man has programmed it into everyone’s mind that if you’re a size 3 you’re beautiful. Look around, I see more skinny people then skinny jeans” he shuddered and shook his head then continued. “And I see a whole hell of a lot of skinny jeans. Then the man installed in the mind of guys that they all should try to be athletes even if they can’t throw, pass, dribble, catch, or run a couple yards with a ball. It’s a shame” he said shaking his head. “So what are guys supposed to do? Ride skateboards, wear skinny jeans just ‘cause they’re wind resist and rock vans because they look cool?” Carmen enjoyed when they debated about conspiracy. It was fun, and great all in one.
            “Not saying that’s what most guys should do, because then I’d be just like the man” he said yawning. “But that’s what’s being implied” Carmen retorted. “Well if they skate then they-“ Jesse was cut off by Rochelle coming to speak to Carmen. “Hey sister dearest. I know you’re having a great argument and everything but I came to tell you that I won’t be able to take you home, I have to go straight to Fredrick’s after school. Jesse can you take her back to the house?” Carmen could see that because Rochelle asked he wanted to say ‘no’ but he nodded and kept his silence in front of the poster child of ‘What Females Should Not Be’. Despite his thoughts he shook his head and glanced at Carmen. “Alright sis, that’s fine. Have fun” before the words were spat out Rochelle walked away. “And you see why I can’t stand popular people?” Jesse asked his sarcasms being shown as obvious.
            The day progressed on rather smoothly thanks to the comfort Carmen had since she had Jesse in all of her classes. Though he paid no attention to what was being said in class, him being there gave her a sense of well-being. She wasn’t like the other girls in her classes. She preferred to stick to the regular tee shirts, Levis and tennis shoes unlike every other girl in the TES High School. She listened to her Earth Science teacher ramble about future assignments, the syllabus for the semester and questions he wanted to address before he went on with what class would be like for the rest of the first semester. Carmen glanced back to Jesse, tapped his elbow at which was exposed since his head was buried in his arms. “Dude wake up, you can’t go to sleep the first day man” she whispered waiting for him to sit up. She heard his huff and his head rise.
            Jesse was never into the whole ‘school, learning, education’ thing. She didn’t mind, he knew that she was and he wouldn’t do anything to sabotage her chances of good grades. Carmen did worry about Jesse though. The mentality that he lived in was nerve wrecking sometimes, sending Carmen into quiet, motionlessness panic attacks. Surprisingly he was the only one who caused them and brought her back to life from them as well. Carmen just wanted to the best for him, and when the time was right, he’d want it as well. One hour and fifteen minutes later the class bell rang noting that their first day of the rest of their academic careers had officially ended.
            “Cars, want to go get a burger before we head to your place?” Jesse asked putting his skateboard on the ground. She shrugged and nodded putting her backpack on and putting her board down as well.  Jesse had taught her to ride a skateboard two years earlier she kept it on hand just in case Rochelle couldn’t take her home. She smiled as the humid air began to slap her in the face. She enjoyed the heat, the feel of the wind in her hair. “Man if it weren’t for you, I promise you I’d drop out already. School sucks.” Carmen couldn’t stand when Jesse would bring that up. It hurt her to think her best friend would throw his life away.





Chapter End Notes:

comment and tell me what you think.