Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

I am sorry everyone I accidently deleted the story while uploading pics and the newest chapter. So here it is, peoples, REVIEW PLEASE! Peace and love.




Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope you like it everyone, REVIEW PLEASE!!!!


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Intro:                          

               Slipping on a pair of Jimmy Choo I sat on one of my strategically placed plush chairs in my room and thought about this past summer with a happy yet confused smile. I was sitting in a private room, with a whole new wardrobe and was still planning on going shopping after my classes, professionally pressed locks, sporting a cute mani and pedicure like no other, with my own money in the bank from a private account that only I could get into! My Momma and I were planning on going on a shopping spree in Chicago during the Thanksgiving holiday, while my sisters spent theirs elsewhere but we converge on Thanksgiving day at home for my niece’s birthday party and then back off again. And working was now an option.

I had started the summer off wary and worried about Momma when she had resigned from her job of eleven years at an alternative school. Money had been tight and would have been tighter until she found a job soon before August. We had planned on me having a private room since last year, and the year before I had to strive through not one or two roommates, but three!, count them three roommates! Three roommates and in the end had four counting my best friend who had finished basic training and had put in an application to be my roommate. So I had had four roommates my freshman year at college; and during that time, I hated it and learned that not all best friends can be together twenty-four/seven. Plus I wasn’t too much of a people person then and still don’t like having to be courteous about a place that is half mine.

It had started out as a normal visit to my great grandmother’s house where all my great aunts had gotten together. That feat, adding with my grandmother, was amazing all in itself seeing how one or another couldn’t stand one or two sisters. It was petty and made me look at how my sisters and I interacted with a whole different outlook. It would always be something that set us off and not talking or being rude to one or more sisters. Anyway I opted to sit in the kitchen with the Aunts and Grandma Estelle away from the breezy summer’s heat and from my sisters whom had started to wear on my nerves. I had no idea why I opted for one set of sisters for another, but I felt comforted somehow in there. I was sitting there answering the usual questions about college; it was something that I used to by then. Everyone was spread out over and around the house, most on the screened porch area when it happened. My grandma had just stepped in and was about to sit down when all eyes widen and zeroed in one me; frowns of curiosity and astonishments so pointed that I flinched as if one had popped me big time.

Looks of wonder and surprise varied steadily turning into radiant toothy smiles, “Well, now, how did we miss that.” One aunt pondered still eyeing me head cocked to the side like a bird of prey, I believe it was Emma. I could never tell one aunt from the other, except Ann, who was taller than the other two and constantly wore bangs. Grandma snorted admiration and pride crept onto her caramel wrinkled face as she finally plopped down onto a barstool, “Had to be that damned Clark blood blocking it.” My father had never made a good impression on Sammie Jo Saulsberry and in the long run had been right of her opinion of him. He was a big irresponsible child who couldn’t keep a job even when one was handed to him practically on a silver platter. I scoffed at her with a disapproving glance; even if he hadn’t been the best father or husband I hated hearing how his blood in any of my sisters and I was the reason for something or other. Even if my sisters and I cracked cruel jokes at his expense.

“Is something wrong?” I politely asked far from what I really wanted to say, ‘what the hell’. As blunt and goofy as I put on, I wasn’t stupid as to leave myself open to being popped upside the head multiple times before the first would be the last in the end. I really got uncomfortable watching Grandma Estelle’s proud wondrous expression she sported, so completely different from the sick confused expression she lately wore. It was the reason her daughters had finally come together, her dementia was on its last legs and turning into full blown Alzheimer’s. I had been told she used to be a tall beautiful woman who carried herself like a queen of Sheba with such a robust attitude and way about her. Now she was a huddled mass in a wheelchair practically folded in two and could barely remember what year it was, which of her children were still living or dead and barely recognized my routinely visiting mother.

Chosovi. Such a beautiful little chosovi.” She had cooed holding out her frail shaking hands to me, her once dim eyes sparkled with happiness and renewed life. With a deep feeling of helplessness I stamped it down as I meet her eyes kneeling in front of her chair with a wary reassuring smile. Cradling one of her hands I crocked from my suddenly dry mouth, “What’s the matter, Momma Estelle?” Giving me a haughty proud look she sat up straighter than she had in years, head up shoulders back, a flurry of fluttering energy exploded in me as I couldn’t break her haunting dark gaze. Something was there; powerful, caged, and wild ready to leap out and claim.  She was a radiantly beautiful woman with an inner strength that even women half her age could only wish for. “Chosovi.” She announced proudly looking at her smiling watching daughters that had unknowingly surrounded us, as if assuring authenticity or something. “It’s still alive. And here is the key; the reigning throne of a new long lasting beginning from the House of Elmore. Now to find the conquering companion and consort.” She chuckled, a livelier sound that I had ever heard coming from her. The Aunts and Grandma joined in, the chuckles and guffaws were husky yet rich and the humid air was virtually humming with energy. A fueling dizzy wave crashed over me and I was brimming with a freeing sensation that burst throughout me, I swayed a bit and was surprisingly being held up by Momma Estelle’s incredibly strong hand steadying me. Just then my Momma came in and as one our sharp gazes now pinned her. Looking around confusion, she pursed her lips tiredly with a pointed look targeted at me, her brow rose in suspicion, “What did you do now?”