Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

I do not own theses pictures nor the settings...ETC. They are the propery of their respective owners... The plot and characters however do belong to the one and only PassionK!




Author's Chapter Notes:
This is my contribution to the Januar,2010 challenge. "Picture Perfect!" I hope you all enjoy it. Love ya!


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


fatherluv

I wait and wait. Wait for your arrival. Wait for them to roll you and your mother out of that room. God I just want to see you! I want to hold you! We’ve waited 8 long months to see you and now I am confined to this waiting room.

Edward sat down and jumped right back up! He couldn’t relax with his wife and child behind those double doors.

“Edward please… Take a seat… You keep that up your going to wear a hole in the floor.” Mona, his mother, said taking his hand and pulling him back over. “They’ll be out soon.”

“What if… What if something’s wrong! I mean how long does it take to deliver a baby and close up. Damn it! I knew I should have went in there!” he fussed.

“Edward!” Mona said as she stood up and turned him around. She held his face and looked into his eyes. “Calm down baby please… I know Angela and I know she wouldn’t want you out here having a heart attack. Please baby sit with me.” she urged.

“Ma I ca---

“Edward, do it for me.” She urged once more.

Come on ma, why you gotta use that line. You know I would do anything for you. I would go to the edge of earth just to make you happy. Edward sighed and followed her back to bench, they both sat down and he held her hand. Mona reached over and laid his head on her shoulder. “My boy…” she sighed. Mona began to hum and Edward joined her.

Sometime later a nurse and doctor emerged from the double doors. Edward and Mona both jumped up and met them half way. “What happened? Is Angela and the baby alright?” Edward asked looking back towards the door wondering why they hadn’t rolled his child and wife out.

“Sir please come with us.” The doctor softly commanded.

“Are you taking me to see my wife and child?” Edward asked hopeful.

“Mr. Thompson.” he spoke somberly. “Your wife sustained a lot of injuries. Her heart began to grow weak, during the delivery.”

“What are you trying to tell me?” Edward asked tears forming in his big now black eyes.

“Mrs. Thompson is very weak… I’m sorry.” he said as he dropped his head and sighed. “Your wife is… She was badly injured from the wreck and from her vitals she might not make it through the night.”

Edward felt like a ton of bricks were falling down on him. He couldn’t believe it! His wife was dying. No Angela didn’t die. She was… She was to precious to die. Too young!

Mona hooked her arms with Edwards and leaned on him.

“Can I see her?” Edward asked feeling his heart crumble into a million pieces.

The doctor and nurse looked at each other, wondering why he hadn’t asked about the baby. “Sir would you like to see you bab---”

“Can I see… my… wife?” he asked through gritted teeth. “Please.”

“Nurse Becker, take him to see his wife please…”

Edward was about to crack when Mona took his hand and gave him a squeeze. He nodded and they walked off to the room. When they made it to the room, his feet started to get heavier and heavier. He felt like the walls were closing in around him.

“Honey are you coming in?” Mona asked when he stopped just a few feet from the door. Edward took a deep breath and went in the room. His eyes were closed as he stood off to the side.

The stench was killing him. He hated hospitals. Hated them with a passion! The smell. The feel. It just didn’t feel like a good place to be. No matter what the occasion was he didn’t like it. Brought back to many memories…

Sometime later Mona left the room and gave him some time alone. This time he actually opened his eyes and looked toward the bed. She looked so peaceful. Looked to be sleeping. She was sleeping but she was also dying. Edward walked closer to her bedside and ran his hand over her knee.

“Tell me what I have to do… What do I have to do to make this right” he begged looking down at her. “Tell me what I did wrong and baby I promise to make it up to you! I promise!” he cried pulling in his bottom lip.

“Care for our child.” she spoke in a soft tone. Almost a whisper. “Give her the life I never had.” Their hand connected and that spark was still there.

Edward picked his head up and sighed. “What if I can’t do that?” he asked looking into her beautiful brown eyes.

“You can… Just like you had faith in me to live my life right. I have faith in you.” she spoke as she softly. “Love her. Be her father.”

“I can’t live without you.”

Angela began to cry as she looked down at their hands. “She can’t live without you either.”

“Angela don’t do this to me… to us.”

“It’s my time…”

“No! I’ll… I’ll give you my heart, my kidneys, my lungs. I’ll give you everything! Just don’t… Don’t die.” Edward laid next to her with his head on her shoulder. Crying. Tears spilling over.

“Edward don’t do this… please.” Angela begged still holding his hand. “Promise me you’ll love her… Promise me you’ll be her hero.” she cried feeling her life slowing down. Going at a pace that was not known to man.

“I can’t make that promise… I can’t.”

“Please… Please promise me you’ll…” She began to cough. Edward got up and tried to assist her but she turned him down. “Promise me.” she cried, still coughing.

Edward shook his head before looking into her eyes. How could he make a promise he wasn’t sure he could keep. He didn’t know what would happen once Angela was out of his life. He never had to think about that! “I promise.”

“Say it.” she urged, her eyes burning with tears. The back of her throat hot as fire from coughing and choking back tears. She was leaving her one and true love and their miracle baby. It wasn’t by choice it was just her time to go.

“I promise to love our child. I promise to be her hero. I promise to never let you down.” Edward cried as he kissed her soft, caramel hand, that donned her wedding ring.

“I love you.” She moaned in pain. Her heart began to hurt.

“I love you too.” He cried still holding her hand to his lips. “I’ll always love you.”

“Whenever… The… wind… Blows…” She started as she looked into his eyes.

“I’m just a heartbeat away from my one and only true love… Whenever I lose my way…” he continued.

“I’ll always be there to… to… to… show you the… Right… way.” she spat out.

“Because, my one and only true love is always by my side.” He finished. He leaned down closer to her lips. “Rest… my Angel.” he whispered before tears dropped from his eyes and onto her cheeks. Their lips touched and they kissed each other goodbye. They kissed until the machines let out a loud, long, never ending beep. “I love you.” he cried only inches from her face.

He could only stay so long. He finally kissed her one last time before he got up and pulled the cover over her himself. Soon he walked out the room and looked at Mona who was in tears, being comforted by the doctor.

“Where is our baby?” he asked trying to remain strong.

Soon they were in the nursery and pointed to the bassinet in which his baby laid. Angela gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. He reached down and her eyes began to open. Breath caught in his throat he saw it.

As I hold you in my arms, I began to cry. Cry because I know what your life is going to be like. Cry because I know you are going to be my angel. I cry because I love you and I want the best for you! You are the light of my life. My hope at the end of that tunnel. The reason I breathe and I promise to you today I will never let you go. I promised your mother on this day, I would be your hero and I promise to do everything in my power to make sure I am just that.

You look so much like your mother. That caramel skin, those beautiful, big brown eyes, that bed of tell-tale curly hair on the top of your head. God you look just like her! I wish she could see you now. Hold you. Cry with you. But don’t worry my dear she will be here. She will hold you and kiss you. Love you! She’s here now!

My lips touch your small cheek. Your so warm. So soft. So beautiful. God! I never knew this kind of feeling. A feeling so unique.

Edward backs up and sits down. Never letting her go. Fresh tears began to form in his eyes as she looked up at. Almost as if she was looking at him. “Your mother… Your mother would melt over your beauty.” he spoke softly. As if she already knew her mother was no longer alive, tears rolled down the side of her face. He felt them against his lips and began to cry harder. “My angel.” he spoke softly. “My Precious angel.”

“I promise to protect you with everything in me!”






Chapter End Notes:
Part 2>>>>>