Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.




Author's Chapter Notes:
Here are two more mini-stories written for the Ship Wars! at St_Respect on LiveJournal. The prompt for these was Hangover and all the entries had to fit within one comment. So, it was much more restrictive than the usual 1000 word limit. I had to cut alot out of the second one.


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.




Spock: Gentlemen, I trust that you can remain discrete about what occurred last night.
Jim: I don't know, Spock. What's in it for me? A repeat performance.
Uhura: Permission to speak freely, Captain?
Jim: Ok, Lieutenant. 
Uhura: If I ever hear you speak of what happened last night, I will personally neuter you, sir.
Spock: K'diwa, I do not believe that Star Trek regulations will allow for such an action and I would be displeased if you were court martialed, however justified your actions may have been.
Bones: There'll be no need for any fancy blade work, Uhura. With how often our Captain here ends up in sickbay, no one will question if he doesn't make it out 100%.
Jim: E tu Bones? Fine, I won't say a word. But I am keeping the video. I never knew you were so flexible Lieutenant. Are you sure I can't interest you in a private repeat performance?
Spock: Captain, while I advised the lieutenant to refrain from acts of physical violence, I will be forced to pinch the hell out of you should you proposition my a'duna again.
Bones: You sure had no problems sharing last night, you pointy eared bastard!
Spock: Chocolate is a hell of a drug, Doctor, a hell of a drug.

***************************
The Hangover

Uhura stood warily beside Spock's bed in sickbay. Unbeknownst to the landing party, the Noyan diet was based on a plant with properties identical to the cocoa plant, which was a Vulcan intoxicant. No one noticed anything amiss until Spock began to sniff Uhura’s hair and giggle. A hyospray from Bones rendered him unconscious and, with apologies to the Noyans, the party beamed back to the Enterprise.

“Spock’s gonna pinch the hell outta me when he recovers,” McCoy grumbled as he scanned him.

“He’s drunk, Jim,” McCoy declared.

“Drunk?” Jim asked.

“As a skunk,” McCoy finished. “I am afraid that our friend will have a nasty hangover.”

“Can’t you just give him one of your famous elixirs?” Jim asked. He had relied on the Doctor’s hangover cures whenever a shore leave went a little too well.

“It may surprise you to learn that I’ve never had to treat a Vulcan hangover before! I’m afraid the hobgoblin will have to ride it out the old fashioned way.”

Uhura unconsciously began to pet Spock reassuringly. She had never seen him in such a state, other than when he was under the influence of some strange pollen. He was a very private man who would not take kindly to the ship having knowledge of his condition.

“Can he ride it out in his quarters?” Uhura asked.

“Well, he’ll need to be monitored, but that doesn’t have to happen here. I can send a nurse to look after him.”

“I can see to him,” Uhura offered. “If it is just a matter of holding his hair back while he vomits and keeping an eye on him, I’m more than capable of that.”

Bones shared a look with Jim.

“Alright, missy,” Bones replied with a grin. “But, if anything looks the least bit odd, I want you to call me right away.”

“Sure Bones, I’ll…oh!”

“My pretty Star,” Spock crooned as he nuzzled her palm.

Bones and Jim laughed.

“This will be an interesting night,” Uhura sighed.

Spock woke up with a piercing headache.

“Good morning, Commander,” a soft voice greeted him.

Spock turned to see Uhura perched on the edge of his bed dressed in one of his black shirts, her hair mussed. It was an image that he often conjured as he lay in bed. However, he was very awake and the vision before him was not a dream. Spock shot up to a sitting position and quickly regretted the action as a wave of nausea swept through him. Uhura quickly placed a bin before him as he began to heave. She ran her hands gently over his back as he discharged the contents of his empty stomach. He lay back, breathing deeply as he recovered.

“Shhh,” Uhura soothed as she ran a cool cloth over his face. “Do you want a hypospray for the headache?”

“No. I will recover without the aide of medicine,” he replied as he shut his eyes, enjoying the coolness against his hot skin. “I seem to be unaware of what transpired during the last twelve hours. Lieutenant, did we….”

“No, Spock,” Uhura smiled. “We did not have sex. But, I think under the present circumstances it is appropriate for you to call me Nyota.”

Spock looked up at her, his eyes dark. “Nyota, will you help me to recall what transpired?”

“Very well,” Nyota sighed before grasping his warm hand and bringing it to her face.

Spock slipped into her mind with ease. He remembered sniffing her at the dinner, the exchange in sickbay, reciting Byron, vomiting on her dress, singing bawdy old Vulcan songs that made her flush with embarrassment and something else, pulling her onto the bed to spoon her as he licked her neck and whispered endearments. Throughout it all she remained calm.

"I trust you with my life, Spock. Besides, I knew it was the chocolate talking."

"The plant was a disinhibitor. The sentiments were my own."

Spock showed her the depth of his affection that grew steadily over the years of their friendship. Her attraction and desire was reflected back to him.

"I have long known of your desire, k'diwa. Yet I feared taking action."

"I would say that the time for reticence has passed."

"Indeed," Spock murmured before moving in for a kiss. A cool hand to his lips stopped his progress.

"You spent all night vomiting, remember?" Nyota's face screwed up in amusement mixed with distaste. "How about we brush our teeth. Then you can kiss me senseless."

"I believe that I would prefer that we both be in complete command of our faculties for this exchange, Nyota."