Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


After Francine's outburst,Paris found solace in going to the beach and just sitting there.She just sat there and reflected on what happened that day and how she should move on.

After sitting there for awhile, she decided to move on with her day. She went to the grocery store and stocked up on some food since her kitchen was pretty much bare since she just moved in.

Once she got home and put away all of her food,she laid down on a hammock on her small balcony and looked out at the water. She had too much on her mind and she had to let it out,she took out her diary.She hasn't written in it since her first date with Justin,it seemed so long ago now.

"Maybe I will just be broke and alone",she wrote and closed her book.

She sighed,whenever she used to write in her diary,she felt that she could get on with her day.But she didn't feel that way,writing in her diary just brought light to her problems.She sighed,she wished that she never lied to Justin, she wished that he was still here with her and she just wanted to be happy.

"If only I was a real romance writer"she said to herself with a sigh as she petted Baby. Then she sat up, she picked up Baby and ran into her room. She sat Baby on her bed and opened up her laptop and started typing.

When she was with Justin,she felt like she was the leading lady in a romance novel and Justin was her knight in shining armor.She felt that the only way to truly get over this was to write about it. She smiled as she remembered how she and Justin first met.

"Im gonna turn us into a romance novel"she said as she kept typing.

*________________________*

Paris kept typing all the way through the night. She sat at her desk in front of her laptop for days as she typed up her story.When she looked at her first draft, she felt proud. She didn't look it however, her hair wasn't combed,she looked pale and she had bags under her eyes for lack of sleep and eating. She remembered everything, from the first time they met, their first date and their "first time" and wrote what was also going on with her life.

She changed their names of course,she was now Nadia and Justin was now Jared. She changed the name of Inquiring Minds to In The Know and changed everyones names including Pierre,Lita,Chelsea and even Gabrielle and Sean. Everyone in her life became a character and she smiled as she sat there and saved her work. Even though she wasn't fully over what happened, this helped immensely.

She then got up and stretched, her body ached from sitting in the same position for a long time.Then the buzzer rang,who would be visiting her?,she thought.She went towards the door and Baby followed her.She opened the door and gasped,"Francine?"she asked

"Paris!?Thank God,where have you been?"Francine said as she entered her apartment.

"Ive been here"Paris said as she closed the door

"Then why haven't you been answering your calls?Ive been calling you for the past three days and I haven't heard from you"she said

"Three days?"she asked,was she really working on her story that long?

"Yep,it says right here"Francine said as she saw her answering machine blinking,"6 missed calls,which are all mine.What have you been doing?"

"Ive been here"Paris said

"Have you found a job yet?"

"No I haven't left home in three days"Paris said.Just then Baby started barking.

"Ohmygod!Its so cute,where did it come from?"Francine asked as Paris picked Baby up.

"Its not an it,her name is Baby….Justin gave her to me"

"Oh,he let you keep it?"

"Yeah,she is all I have left from him…and memories"she said

"Paris,don't tell me that over the past three days you have been sitting here moping"she said,"You look pale,like you haven't slept…I have never seen you like this"

"Me either,but I have been productive.I know what I wanna do with my life now"

"Oh really so you have found a job?"

"Yeah…Im gonna be a romance writer"

"Paris you cant just be a romance writer,you have to have some writings under your belt,you need a publisher-"

"I know that,but the past three days I worked on my first novel"she said,"Its called Rumors"

"Whats it about?"Francine asked,not sure what to say,hoping her daughter hasn't gone crazy

"Its about a tabloid writer falling in love with a rock star"she said

"That sounds familiar"Francine said,"Paris….writing a silly love story about what happened to you isn't going to help you…or put money in your wallet"

"Yes it will,it has helped me…and its not just about money Fran"she said,"What do you want anyway?Besides to boss me around"she said as she sat down on her couch

"I was worried about you,ever since what happened the other day,my outburst…I have done a lot of thinking and I tried getting in touch with you,but you weren't around, its like you disappeared off the face of the earth"Francine said as she sat next to her

"Well Im fine"Paris said,"Are you ok?"

"Yes….Paris…I have some things to tell you.Things that you deserve to know"

"What is it?"

"Well its more than one thing…I don't even know where to start"she said.She sighed,"Ok…well,you might still be wondering why I am also unemployed and what I was doing over that mans house"

"You don't have to…its your business"

"But I want to tell you"Francine said.She took a deep breath,"I am unemployed because I was fired,they fired me about three weeks ago…social work…it's a great field but its not for me…I started losing all my clients and they let me go"

"So you haven't worked in three weeks?"Paris asked

"Legally no…."

"Huh?"Paris asked

"Just let me explain this"Francine said as she held up her hand to stop her,"I got desperate and I called an escort service and they hired me"

"You are a prostitute?!"

"No!Im not"Francine said quickly,"No I didn't stand on the corner I did none of that.I pretty much did it from my own home.A person who wants an escort calls the service and explains what they need and the service calls the escort.I became very popular…I even had a man call me every other day…."

"Fran-"

"Don't interrupt Paris,please"she said."Im not gonna lie…it was fun at first.My first night on the job,some rich guy needed an escort because his wife was also having an affair on her business trips.He had a fetish with French maids so I went in a French maid outfit.We drank wine and he made love to me"she said and smiled,"Hes the one that called me every other day"she said,"I pretty much fulfilled mens fantasies. If they wanted a French maid,nurse,gypsy,whatever,I just dressed the part and roleplayed for them…but then it wasn't so fun anymore"

"I bet"Paris said

"One guy called me…he didn't want me to dress up,just come as you are.But when we had sex,he was so rough…I didn't like that very much.I left crying. Coincidentally that was the night that we had dinner at Justins,hes the reason why I had to leave…and I didn't want to"she said

"They called you?That's what was so important!?"Paris asked

"At the time?Yes,I wanted the money.I got paid a lot.The person payed me,the company payed me and there was a bonus for all the clients that I had.But I didn't want to leave…I wanted to stay…but they would have fired me"she said,she sighed and then continued,"But the one that put the icing on the cake was the other day…the day you saw me at that mans house"

"So that's why you were dressed like that?That's why you were there?"Paris asked,shocked

"But believe me,it didn't go that far"she said."The escort service called me,they gave me an address and said that the client requested a `young school girl'.I thought someone like your age or still in college.So I went to the mans house and he asked me my name and my age.I made up the name Sally and told him that I was 20.What really freaked me out was that he told me that he wanted me to roleplay a 15 year old.Whats worse is that he teaches English at the catholic high school in Beverly Hills…I couldn't do it…it was unethical to me…..I left and I called the service and told them that I wanted nothing to do with them anymore.I didn't feel like myself."

"So does Leo know?"Paris asked

"Leo and I aren't together anymore"she said

"Im sorry…what happened?"

"He told me he loved me"

"That's why?I thought you loved him too?"

"I thought I did….it was lust,but when he told me he loved me…I felt horrible.He truly meant it and I didn't.I didn't deserve to be with him and left.He called me,asking what was wrong…but I never returned his calls.Then he stopped calling…he moved on"she said

"Im sorry Fran-"

"That's why I need you to let go of this whole romance novel business.Its not practical.I don't want you ever to get so desperate that you turn to sex to make money or something you don't want to do"Francine said,"But its partly my fault.Ive never been there for you…if you feel desperate you should always turn to me….I am your mother"she said

Paris looked at her,did she say the M word?"What did you say?"

"That's right Paris…Im your mother.I have done a lot of growing up the past few days.Im your mother Paris,and I have been for 23 years,even though I hadn't acted like it"

Tears came to her eyes,"Why did you never say that you were my mother?Its like you didn't want to admit that I was your daughter-"

"No Paris….its not like that at all.I didn't want to admit that I was your mother because I wasn't acting like one,I felt I didn't deserve that title.So I had you call me by my first name….all these years"

Paris looked at her,"But why though?Why did you have me call you that?There had to have been a reason"

Francine sighed,"Theres a lot that you don't know about me.All those factors have lead up to the reason why I never allowed you or wanted you to call me mom"

"Oh"

"Paris…your father….wait,no let me start from the beginning"she said,"I was married when I was 18,I was happy,we both were happy.I was married to a man named Napier.He truly loved me and I loved him,but he was ready to grow up and I wasn't.He went to work everyday,did his 9 to 5.But I was 18,I wanted to go to clubs,concerts,hang with the girls.Then I met Gerald,your father,we had an affair.He was young and free spirited just like I was….but then I found out that I was pregnant. Napier and I assumed that it was his,but then he found out about Gerald….he demanded that I take a test.It turned out that Gerald was your father and Napier left me and so did Gerald because he didn't know about Napier.So I lied to you…he left because of me,it wasn't because he was an asshole.I had you believe that cuz I was upset with him and myself.And when you were born.It reminded me of the two of them and all the mistakes that I had made.In the hospital,the nurse asked me how it felt to be a mother and I told her that I wasn't a mother.I wasn't.I was too young and I didn't want any responsibility.I hired babysitter after babysitter because I didn't want to stay home and take care of you….I wanted to have fun.I was around 20 by this time and I still wanted to party with my friends.But they graduated and moved on and then it was you and me…I took care of you.I did the best I could.But from day one,I didn't feel like a mother,never acted like one and didn't want to admit to being one.Until now"she said.After that,she sat there and took a deep breath.She felt a big weight lifted off her shoulders.

"But Fran,even though I never called you mom,you always were my mother.It just hurt me that you never wanted me to say so"Paris said

"Now that's over.Im grown up now.No more late night clubs,no more late nights, I wont have different boyfriends every other month.Im 41 years old and I need to act like one.I need to settle down and get to know my daughter"she said.

Paris smiled at her through her tears,she never saw this side of her and she was shocked at what she said to her.This was a major breakthrough for the both of them,"I love you….Mom"she said

Tears came to Francine's eyes,"Wow…that feels great,to be called Mom.I love you too Paris"she said as she gave her daughter a hug.

*_________________________*

Later that night,the two of them bonded.Paris showed her around her new place and Francine cooked dinner for the both of them.They even cried together as they sat and watched "Steel Magnolias"

"Oh I used to love that movie.Still do"Francine said as she wiped her eyes

"Me too"Paris said

"Well Paris,I want to stay…but its late,I do need to get going"Francine said

"Ok…"she said,"You'll be ok?You can sleep here you know.I have an extra bedroom and a couch here"

"I'll be fine.I have some classifieds that I need to call.I have decided to go back to school and the only way to pay for that is through having a job"she said

"Really Mom?Your going back to school?"

"Yeah…I was a business major after all…but never opened my business"she said,"Paris…I really want you to know what you want to do too"

"Mom,I have made up my mind.Trust me,Im doing the right thing.Let me make my own mistakes"she said

Francine sighed,"Ok"she said as she hugged her."I hate mistakes"she said

"I know you do"she said

"But…Paris,you are talented…and even though I never read a single article that you wrote at that tabloid,and I feel ashamed for that…but I know that you are talented.I believe that you can be a writer,you just need something to fall back on"she said

"I know…thanks Mom"she said as she hugged her and kissed her on her cheek

"Good night huney"she said and left.Paris closed the door and smiled.For the first time in the past few days,she felt that she could move on and get something out of life.She could start over on a new slate.

*__________________________*

"Alright put a fork in it cuz that's a wrap!"the director said.Everyone cheered and Justin smiled as he saw the finished product on the screen.For the past two days,hes been running up and down the streets of New York City for the music video "Im Lovin' It"Now it was all done. Justin hugged the director and everyone that worked on the video.

"Cant wait to see the finished product Darrin"Justin said as he patted his director on the back

"Editing wont take too long,we'll be sure to send it to ya"he said,"This is gonna be another big hit for ya"he said,"Have a safe flight back to California"he said

"Thanks,you too…well back to Atlanta"he said and they both laughed.

After he said his goodbyes,he signed autographs for fans and then headed back to his hotel room. Once he got there though,the high that he felt on the set quickly went away.He had one of the biggest suites in the Waldorf Aastoria,it was beautifully decorated and he could have and had everything that he wanted.But he wasn't happy,for obvious reasons.

He was still very upset with Paris,but the fact that he loved her so much didn't make it easier for him to get over her.He took off his shirt and sat on the couch and relaxed in his jeans and wifebeater.Then his cell phone rang

"Yello?"

"Justin?Hey Ohmygod!"he heard a familiar voice shout through the phone.

He laughed,"Hey Stacy…whats wrong?"he asked,not sure if her outburst was about something good or bad

"Nothings wrong!Guess what I just heard!?"she asked.Before he could ask,she said,"'Where Is The Love?'I just heard it!"

"Seriously?"he asked

"Ohmygod it sounded so good!It sounds so much better when you hear it on the radio than in the studio"she said excitedly,"I cant wait to make the video"

"I bet the video will be great"he said and smiled,"Im sorry that I cant be there though"

"We know, we understand.We know you have better things to do,like making movies"Stacy said.In a few weeks he would start filming for the movie, Edison.He was very excited about that.Especially working with Morgan Freeman.

Justin laughed,"Yeah since Im such the fantastic actor.I don't do music videos anymore"he said

Stacy laughed,"So how is yours coming?"she asked him

"Its good and its done.Im chillin' in the room now"he said

"Hows New York?I haven't been there in awhile.Is Paris there with you?I remember that she told me that shes never been.I bet shes having fun"she said

Justin sighed,he forgot that she didn't know.And if Stacy didn't know then Lori didn't either."Paris isn't here"he said sadly

"Oh,she had to work?"she asked him

"No"he said remembering when Paris told him that she quit.He wondered how she was doing and couldn't help but feel worried for her.She was unemployed and alone in her new apartment

"Whats wrong?"Stacy asked,"I knew she wanted to go…it was something that she was looking forward to if she didn't have to work"

"Stacy…we aren't together anymore"he said quickly

"Your kidding right?"she said

"You know I wouldn't kid about something like that"

"What happened?"she asked him."Im so sorry"

He sighed and told her everything,he hated to repeat it but everyone who was close to him had heard about Paris and how much he loved her.Of course they were going to ask about her."So I left without her"he said,"Its over"

"That doesn't sound like Paris,she wouldn't do something like that"Stacy said,"I cant believe it"

"Believe it"he said harshly.Then he stopped,"Sorry"

"No its fine.Its natural to feel some animosity over this.Why would she make up a lie like that?Why couldn't she just tell you what she really does?"

"Did,she quit.But she was afraid that I wouldn't even give her a second look if she told me…which is understandable but still.You know how I am about liars,they don't deserve to be given a second look or a second chance"he said.They talked for a few more minutes and then he hung up.He looked at the tv and saw a hair commercial. He had to do a double take because the girl looked exactly like Paris.He shook his head and rubbed his eyes.Its like she was all around him,following him.It seemed that wherever he went,he saw a girl who looked like her.Even the girl in the video looked like her.It was so hard for him to focus and not think about her.

He sat there quietly,without even knowing it,a tear ran down his cheek.Even though he hated her,he missed her and its going to be hard to let go.But he had to face it,she was gone.

*___________________________*