Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Regina stood in the library waiting for Alan to show up. She had bugged him with questions the entire day trying to find out what he was planning, but she wouldn’t tell her. Why the library? It just seemed like a strange place to meet him, but she just went with it. A lot of things with Alan, she had to just go with the flow and it was okay with her.

She turned around and saw Alan was walking towards her with a rose in his hand and he wore a ruffle shirt and she wondered where he got that. Oh, how much is fellow Titans would tease him constantly. And she, herself, thought it was rather silly…yet it was also sweet.

“Alan?!” she asked as he got down on his knees in front of her and that caused everyone to stare in their direction. If Regina was white her face would be beet red from all the blushing she was doing. “What are you…?”

“She speaks. O, speak again, bright angel! for thou art…” Alan said as he lifted the rose to her and she took it. She knew he was quoting from Shakespeare’s, Romeo and Juliet.

“Alan…people are staring. As if they didn’t do that enough when we’re together.” Regina said as she leaned down. “Where did you get the shirt?”

“Theater. I’m kinda borrowing it. I know I look silly, but I was hoping you’d like it. Do you like it?” Alan asked as he stared up at her with a hopeful look.

“Not really…but it looks good on you, though. Want to get up?” Regina said knowing Alan might have wanted to be rescued from his embarrassment.

“Yeah.” he said as he got off the ground and Regina could hear the hushed giggles and laughter from many people in the library. Just then, Regina kissed him and those laugher and giggles turned into gasps and sharp breath intakes. “If they weren’t staring before, they’re staring now.” Alan said with a chuckle as they sat down.

“Obviously. So, what’s this all about? Not that I don’t like it, I‘m flattered and speechless, in a good way. But…I’m confused.”

“Well, I wanted to show you that I’m understanding Shakespeare a little more and I wanted to impress you. Don’t you think you can relate to them…a lot of people hate our relationship.”

“Yeah, but Romeo and Juliet is such a tragic story. We don’t have to be so tragic. Yes, there are people that aren’t happy about us, but it’s not that bad. Speaking of people not liking our relationship, did you ever talk to your dad?” Regina asked and Alan scoffed.

“No. Regina, I still don’t see the point in talking to him. Even with time, he’ll still feel the same way. So, I’m not going to bother with it.”

“Okay…I won’t force the issue. I don’t know…I guess I didn’t want you to feel like you have to shut him out for my sake.”

“I’m pretty sure I’d be shutting him out even if I wasn’t dating you. Regina, this has been going on long before you showed up. I just took it because I was all he had. I don’t know…I think you showing up made me see that I didn’t have to put up with it.”

“You didn’t have to put up with it. Shame on your dad for making you feel bad about everything. Alan?” Regina asked in a hesitant tone. She didn’t want to ask this, but she knew she had to. “Did he ever blame you for your mother’s death?”

“Yeah…and said I was a disappointment. That’s what he would say to me. Before he found out about you, he actually said that he was shocked my grades in English were getting better. Said I was too dumb to actually read.” he said and Regina felt her heart break for her boyfriend as she stared into his gemstone blue eyes and saw the sadness within them.

“You’re not dumb, Alan. Your dad is, but you’re not. In fact, if he was right here right now, he wouldn’t even be able to understand the line your recited.”

“Hell, I barely understood it.” he said with a sheepish grin and Regina laughed. “I hope you like the rose.” he said and Regina brought the rose to her nose and inhaled it’s scent. Looking around the library, she was aware that everyone’s stares were trained on them.

“Sometimes, I wonder if things will always be like this in the future. You know, when we’re old, do you think we’ll be stared at like this in the future.”

“I don’t know. I don’t see anyone else when I stare at you. How am I going to get through college without you, Regina?”

“Let’s not talk about that, right now. And you’ll do fine. We’ll be fine, and I promise you we’ll keep in contact with each other. I don’t want to stop talking to you even if we’re apart.”

“Okay. So, what do you want to do? Since I’m out of the game for a few days…”

“Uh, two weeks. I’m not kidding, my mother said you shouldn’t play or practice for at least two weeks and you shouldn’t.”

“What are you going to do about it if I do go?”

“Are you willing to test me, Alan?” Regina asked and he let out a laugh. Just then, they were shushed my the librarian who had been watching them ever since Alan walked in and gave her the rose. “You’re favorite librarian is watching us.”

“Ignore her…” he said as he rolled his eyes and a small smirk tugged at his lips and she could tell he was thinking of something sneaky. “Or we could…”

“Whatever you’re thinking, stop. I already have enough people staring at me. Not that I care, but it’s still very uncomfortable.”

“I was thinking about having just one great kiss as you’re checking out a book.” he said with a boyish grin and a mischievous twinkle in his jewel blue eyes.

“Okay…” Regina said wanting to kick herself for not being able to turn him down. There was actually a book I wanted to read, so I guess I’ll be checking it out.” Regina said as she got up from the table. She couldn’t stop herself from smiling at the sweet gesture he did for her. However, she couldn’t help feeling that misery in him when it came to his father. She knew bringing it up was a bad idea, but she was always the type to be direct and never let the slightest thing slide.

Walking to the Jane Austen collection, she picked up a rather old copy of Northanger Abbey. She walked up to the front desk and saw that librarian glare at her. She reluctantly checked out the book, but paused when she saw Alan coming behind Regina.

“Regina…” he said and she turned around. Grabbing her face, she felt her heart race and almost forgot about the mean librarian standing behind her. This was truly a romantic moment, or it would’ve been if a million pair of eyes weren’t on them. Okay, so it wasn’t that many pair of eyes, but it felt like it to Regina. But, staring into Alan’s blue eyes make her weak. And staring at his pinks lips made her mouth water.

Just then, Alan press his lips against her in a sweet kiss and she could hear the librarian, loudly, clear her throat trying to break them apart. Regina knew they was so close to being banned, but she didn’t care. Alan was just as pissed with this ignorant woman as she was.

“Young man,” the librarian said as he broke the kiss and all Regina could see was Alan. “I don’t know what you’re trying to pull, but I am not amused.” she said and Alan just simply smiled as he gathered Regina’s book and they left, hand in hand. They stopped outside the door and began laughing, hysterically, until they were in tears.

“You’re going to get us banned.” Regina said as she tried to stifle her laugh.