This is all we need, right? by Inthenykoftime
RetiredSummary:

Banner

 

"Sex isn't good unless it means something. It doesn't necessarily need to mean "love" and it doesn't necessarily need to happen in a relationship, but it does need to mean intimacy and connection...There exists a very fine line between being sexually liberated and being sexually used."

    ---Laura Sessions

       The Family is a close knit group...Some may even consider it a cult. Its members unsuspectingly dedicate their entire beings to being one. They live a life under constant surveillence to ensure that they follow procedure and never break away from the group. To do so is unheard of and the consequences that follow are never questioned.

     Blaise Kincaid is a man who has grown up seeing the same faces of The Family without knowing their true intent. The time has come for their major plan to be put into motion, and Blaise has finally entered the stage in his life where they can entrust it to him. Once he enters his father's business, he'll be thrown into the doings of the group. He'll start to see everyone he has known all his life in a dfferent life...Even hisself.

     A young woman will entice Blaise and bring a new element to his life. She has admired a figurehead of The Family for as long as she can remember. When she gets a call telling of her life's dream becoming reality to work side by side with him, her only thoughts are to fufill herself and give her family a stable life that is well deserved.

     When these two meet, they ask nothing more than the physical from each other. They hope to provide an aspect to life that neither Blaise or Niamh have ever felt. What it is, they don't know.

     Once they start to realize it, The Family will war with their feelings, determined to never let it rise to its full potential and interrupt their agenda.


Categories: Original Fiction Characters: None
Classification: None
Genre: Drama, Romance
Story Status: None
Pairings: None
Warnings: Adult Situations, Character Death, Extreme Language, Original Characters, Sexual Content , Strong Sexual Content , Work in Progress
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 32 Completed: Yes Word count: 79375 Read: 168291 Published: October 20 2011 Updated: August 17 2012

1. Cast by Inthenykoftime

2. Chapter 1 by Inthenykoftime

3. Chapter 2 by Inthenykoftime

4. Chapter 3 by Inthenykoftime

5. Chapter 4 by Inthenykoftime

6. Chapter 5 by Inthenykoftime

7. Chapter 6 by Inthenykoftime

8. Chapter 7 by Inthenykoftime

9. Chapter 8 by Inthenykoftime

10. Chapter 9 by Inthenykoftime

11. Chapter 10 by Inthenykoftime

12. Chapter 11 by Inthenykoftime

13. Chapter 12 by Inthenykoftime

14. Chapter 13 by Inthenykoftime

15. Chapter 14 by Inthenykoftime

16. Chapter 15.1 by Inthenykoftime

17. Chapter 15.2 by Inthenykoftime

18. Chapter 16 by Inthenykoftime

19. Chapter 17 by Inthenykoftime

20. Chapter 18 by Inthenykoftime

21. Chapter 19 by Inthenykoftime

22. Chapter 20 by Inthenykoftime

23. Chapter 21 by Inthenykoftime

24. Chapter 22.1 by Inthenykoftime

25. Chapter 22.2 by Inthenykoftime

26. Chapter 23 by Inthenykoftime

27. Chapter 24 by Inthenykoftime

28. Chapter 25 by Inthenykoftime

29. Chapter 26 by Inthenykoftime

30. Note by Inthenykoftime

31. Chapter 27 by Inthenykoftime

32. For Nikki by Inthenykoftime

Cast by Inthenykoftime
Author's Notes:

I have two babies developing in my brain =)

 

 

 

 

nNiamh Deges

 

bBlaise Kincaid

 

friendJeremy Bolds

 

NFriendBlythe Dalls

 

momLorraine Deges

 

BrotherNiall Deges

 

FatherJoseph Kincaid

Darla SaslowDarla Saslow

DanDaniel Saslow

MatthewMatthew Saslow

 

Chapter 1 by Inthenykoftime
Author's Notes:

I'm excited for this one =)

 

 The smooth atmosphere thumped through the lavish mansion. Able bodies caressing each other to the mumblings being said into their interest's ear could be seen clear across the first floor.  The attire was nothing fancy, but many were styled clean cut and crisp. Blaise swirled the cup of scotch that had the majority of his attention, but never set his lips to it.

 

     " Hey B, I heard your pops is hazing you into the company?" A large man named Jeremy Bolds called out loudly. He was a built thickly and had the swagger of a giant. Standing well over six feet, he called the attention of his best friend from nearly halfway across the room. Blaise turned his head only revealing one slate gray eye.

 

     Without looking, he dapped up his friend as he finally approached.

 

    "Fuck Jer, I know that shit like the back of my hand. I've been hazing people there since he let me on the grounds." His top lip pulled back unveiling the lines that formed what made him handsome around his mouth.  Blaise came from a well to do family background. Unlike many of the people he has grown up with-people in this very room-his father worked to the bone for what he possessed.  For twenty years, he has kept Kincaid Apex at its height, never faltering for all of these years. Blaise could remember the thousands of Lincoln Logs and Leggos he was showered with his entire childhood. Mock buildings stood in every room of their home, having been meticulously put together by the father and son duo.

 

     Blaise looked around to the faces before him. He could recall how many of them were promised the latest games, best vacations, newest cars in their younger years. Yet, here sat Blaise who had to beg his dad to get him a ten speed bicycle when he was fourteen.

 

      "What do you expect from me? To be like those other idiots out there giving the future generation of this country whatever floats their boats? You're mistaken son, so go ahead and give me a reason to consider buying you anything. Since I earned my money, you have to earn the right to use it, is that clear?"

 

     No meant no in the Kincaid house, and it was stated loud and clear. His father could smell any request before he could even voice them. It had gotten to the point that Blaise didn't need to even think about wanting somethings because he automatically could assess the possible outcomes.

 

       " It's about time he gave you a position there. He's been treating you like the red headed stepchild. You should've been holding a good position there seeing as how you came from his balls sack." Jeremy reached to Blaise's glass knowing that it was going to just sit there, not being nurtured, and threw it back.

 

     " You're parents still spoil a grown ass man, so I see why you would assume that." Blaise turned to the left at the sound of heels hitting the floor. The sound seemed to float in the air solo as every other noise was not permitted to do its job. It was a classic "stuck in the moment" moment. His natural instinct to assess the woman's appearance went into overdrive. Her body was wrapped in a black dress that molded to her curvy shape. She was not like the rest of the 5'10 and 115 pound ladies scattered across the room.

 

    No.

 

    She had a body that could rival the ones found in hip hop videos. How does it go? Ass that you can see from the front with and anorexic waist? Blaise couldn't exactly remember it word for word, but it was there. The huge difference from her body being vulgar was the way she carried it. It was not bursting at the seams of her dress, but all the while it left a strong outline of her body. She puckered her lips as she swallowed the nervous lump from his gaze. He could see her stride skip a step as if she was deciding whether or not to turn around and find another way to where ever she was headed.

 

      "Oh, Jesus. Who does she work for?" Jeremy said under his breath as he also saw the woman coming their way. Blaise straightened up his body and cleared his throat as he felt a twinge of annoyance at Jeremy's knowing tone. He diverted his eyes only for a second to see his friends trademark "in for the night'' look.

 

      "Oh, what was her name again....Katherine?" Blaise threw Jeremy's on again off again girlfriend into the mix. Jeremy sucked his teeth as he switched his weight on his feet giving his friend a look.

 

     " Let's not do that please."

 

     "Excuse me." The sultry voice quietly peeped. She had come to an almost dead end past the two large men and wall of bodies that shut her in.  She raised her hands in an attempt to give herself more room to maneuver past.

 

     "Sorry about that." Jeremy began leaking his charms, purposely eliminating any possible way for her to scoot through without brushing him. Blaise's hand found his chest, forcing him backwards. The woman before them seemed unperturbed by his antics, but as soon as her eyes made contact with suffocating gray ones, it was over. With no time to catch herself, she let out a jagged breath as if she had just sprinted around the large home .

 

     Blaise ran his tongue around the roof of his mouth, hoping that the craving to taste her pink lips went away quickly. Through the crowd, he could see his own girlfriend parting her way towards him with her head held high.

 

    "Please move on fast. Darla will see it all over my face." He pleaded in his head. If only telepathy could kick in right now....

 

     When he looked back down into her face, he had seen a transformation in it. Before, she had seemed genuinely embarrassed of their current position; her cheeks had even become rosier. This no longer stood true as her low eyes captured his. He could see the pattern of her breathing change into slow deep breaths.

 

     "I've been wondering where the hell you were." A high pitched voice moved in on them.

 

     " Excuse us for being in your way." Blaise said rapidly as he waved his arm past him, signaling her exit.

 

     " With all of these people in here, we were bound to touch sooner or later." Her words swam around him nearly making his knees buckle. She shuffled away, brushing their chests together. It was hard not to follow the glow that her lightly tanned skin had left behind. He bit down on his bottom lip as he watched her calves carry her up the winding staircase taking her out of his site.

 

     "Well damn!" Jeremy chuckled beside him letting a rough hand slap him in his chest. " You better turn around and make sure Darla thinks that you were about to wet your pants over her high and mighty ass." By this time, Blaise's reaction to the mysterious woman had left his face red from laughter and his eye tearing up.

 

     " Oh, man." He breathed out as he turned to make his exit once Darla bumped her hip with Blaise's. Not even bothering to acknowledge her, he said," It stands all night long. Can't wait to see how it's going to end B." With that Jeremy left with a wink.

 

    The game had been set by Jeremy for tonight's round. It may just not be the same this time, seeing as how the nature of this target lied differently in Blaise's mind.

 

      " Babe, you must allow me to congratulate you on finally getting a piece of your dad's pie." Darla's lips fell upon his neck, leaving traces of her lip gloss behind. He wasn't exactly anticipating Darla and her offer at the moment. She couldn't sate what was boiling over inside of him.

 

     Hopefully from what he saw earlier, he would have a willing partner to team up with later tonight.

 

End Notes:

Read/Enjoy/Review please!

Chapter 2 by Inthenykoftime
Author's Notes:

This is pretty lengthy. Enjoy =)

 

       The scent of Darla's all familiar perfume wafted into Blaise's personal space. Her peach white arms captured his neck as she swayed into his line of vision, becoming all that he could see.

       "Mmm. You must have been fashionably late since I'm just now seeing you." Blaise placed his hands high on her waist as he admired her . In no way was it possible for him to lie about her beauty, it was impeccable. Their social class had been birthed and burped together. Darla had been the infectious butterfly in their group of friends, holding everyone's attention. Girls would sit wide eyed taking every word she said in like it was a necessary substance to breathe. From grade school to adulthood, it had always been assumed that she and Blaise were a couple.  Though it had never been officially declared by either of them, it was a role they naturally fell into.


     Darla Saslow was the daughter of Joseph Kincaid's mentor when he was a young worker. Before Joseph got his foot into the door of construction, Daniel Saslow had seen the potential and drive in the healthy inquisitive man. Before his attention was placed elsewhere, Daniel swooped him up and helped guide Kincaid Apex all  through its first year of operation. Joseph saw Daniel as family; keeping their children close in any activity they pursued.


      Tutorial classes, cello lessons, sports-they were always together. Had Darla lived with the Kincaids, Blaise was sure he would have thought her his sister. Many taunting rhymes had been sung about their closeness. They had become accustomed to the many rumors that have followed them throughout the years, even now at 27, they continued. To be truthful, they had one of the strongest connections between a man and a woman that Blaise had ever known.


      Was it love?


     There was no denying that could be one of many factors in their relationship. Could it be a simple camaraderie that was strongly supported?


    Quite possible. Blaise had enough experiences in dipping in other women to know that they were not Darla. Sure, they had sex just the same, but the force drawing them together spurred from an area deep within both could never compare to the short encounters with others.


    They were placed into a loop; no matter how many people they ventured with, they always wound back up in the same place with each other.  Blaise had been led to believe that would be his ultimate fate. Once all of his hormonal days were said and done, Darla would marry into his family where they would have their own children giving their fathers what they have hinted at since they were first born. The binding of The Kincaids and Saslows seemed inevitable. Even if Blaise never took the time to consider if he saw her being a part of his intimate life long term, he was sure he would have no little say in it becoming so.


     Hell, at this point he felt the years were dragging out to the day that they would combine the families at the children's expense. For now, all he could think to do was secure the new opening of his father's business by clasping it in his own hands and meet as many women as possible to prevent his prediction form coming true.


       His own personal love game has been fruitless for years. It has never been sparked in the pit of his stomach with a woman. Whatever that was, he had no idea, but he knew that when it came around-he would recognize it.


     " Daddy says he sees in you what your father has for this line of work. You know he acts as if he birthed you himself."


      " You know, I always wondered if he and my father were lovers and I was a product of it." He cracked as he nuzzled her face with his cheek.


      " You are a product of their love. Of the Family. Come on Blaise, we've always known this. The Family will forever keep us in its chokehold and those two will dote on you whether you like it or not." The words were said with a slight vexation.


   "Chokehold? You make it sound absolutely horrific." Blaise pulled back to say. Beneath her brow, fiery thoughts ignited inside of her head nearly searing her mouth to open and let them blaze. She took a step back, calming herself from setting off on a rant.


      "Darla?" He cautiously asked. Just like that it left, leaving her face in a practiced relaxed way.


    "Anyways, I'll catch you around okay sweetness?" Leaning up, she placed a light kiss on his lips and left a faint trail of her fingers  on his chest. Turning away with a wink, she went on her way, being absorbed into the crowd.


     Looking at his watch his body resumed into predator mode. Sliding his hands into his pockets, he took it one step at a time towards the upstairs balcony he last saw his prey.


Ooooooooooooooo



      Niamh's eyes ingested the site before her. The room had been a part of the home she had been dying to see since she heard of the project years ago. Her idol, Joseph Kincaid, had proven his skills in architecture by personally designing the advanced home. The doors donned no handle whatsoever. She stared into the heat sensor that sat above the doorframe blinking in her face.


    "Goodness..." she whispered as she stepped to the door signaling it to open for her curious eyes. Her next breath caught in her throat as she saw the design of the beautiful room. Her feet quickly carried her to the wall to wall window show casing the landscape behind the home. Fingers laid spread across the glass as she stood gawking like a child at a toy store.


     Stepping sideways, she moved down the length of the glass taking note of every minute detail of the structure.


     " Where could it be?" Being an avid Kincaid follower, she had heard word of the secret  surprise he put into the structure, and was anxious to discover it on her own without being told where it was. She felt on walls looking for any sign of a switch or pad; knowing the creator, there wouldn't be a single bump indicating something out of place.


    A presence loomed over her turned back as she could feel the shift of energy in the room. Normally, getting this sensation in a home where you know absolutely no one would start up a person's fight or flight reaction.


      Not for Niamh.


     It stood over her with no worry or surprise at all. It was a natural answer for her back to dip ever so slightly and her knees to knock together. Had she been a dog, she would have began panting and drooling like she was a part of Pavlov's experiment.


     "You're nowhere near close to finding it."  How would he know? Before Niamh could whirl around and respond to the man, she felt a shift in the flooring. Bending her knees, she steadied herself as she became too concerned with keeping balance to keep watch of what had happened.


      The soft murmur of mechanics could be heard as the little moonlight on her side of the room left.


     She was moved right as the mysterious man was taken left.


    "Hey!" She called to him. Nothing but a smirk answered her as the moving walls cut him out of her sight. She hated the feeling of moving, but not knowing what direction she was headed. The windows now were lined with black panels, leaving no chance to see past them. Finally coming to a halt, she ran to the nearest door swinging it open hoping that she'd find a certain someone to scold, but instead, she was greeted by the cold air of a room she didn't recognize.


    "There wasn't a second room..." She said to herself. Reaching to her hip, she felt the absence of her small cross body purse.


    "Shit." Throwing her head back she realized that she had thrown it somewhere in the original room when she had went into a frenzy. Sitting on the edge of a small ottoman, she ran her fingers through her black strands.


    "Hello?" She called out. Only the silence of being alone could be heard. Little did she know, the room had been in a gradual rotation as she sat there pondering ways to find an exit. She lifted her eyes at the movement of the paneled windows as they withdrew. Getting up, she walked to them fast to see if maybe  the room had been a design to deceive you of your location. She shook her head impressed by the very thought. When the very last panel disappeared, to her dismay there was no view of the backyard she had been waiting for. Instead, an extensive gap lied before her showing the grass covered ground of outside. Across the way, she could see her own reflection into parallel windows.


    Emerging from the side was him. The sight of his bare chest caused her lip to turn up in confusion and interest. His relaxed stance screamed dominance as he pointed one finger towards her. His lips mimed a word just once.


       "Off."


   Looking down she immediately made the connection between his command and her. She looked at the black dress which she had just been ordered to remove. Cocking her head to the side, she placed one hand on her hip and did nothing at first. Even from the distance she was at, she could see the tick of his strong jaw from Niamh's choice to walk across the thin ice in front of her.


    He huffed heavily as the smirk he seemed to always have went away. He leaned on his forearm against the glass smoldering her with his eyes.


    They had been gray when she looked into them.


    She was almost certain that she could see the steam leaving them as he never tore away his look from her.  Niamh felt around behind her, pulling a chair up to the window without breaking the stare. Sitting back she slouched slightly crossing one leg over the other. She knowingly allowed her dress to rise on her thighs for him to see. Propping her chin in her hand, she raised a brow at the man.


     He began prowling the glass like a panther on the verge of lunging. The swell of his muscles didn't leave her any doubt that he could make the gracious leap across, shattering the glass and pounce on her.She was sure she wouldn't even blink if that happened.


     His hand rubbed over the hair lining his face, and Niamh almost shuddered at imagining the short hairs prickling her inner thighs. Without any warning, he stopped his walking and looked to her one last time before the lighting in his room vanished. Not long after, Niamh found herself in the same position as he. An all familiar start up of cranks and pulls could be heard by her sensitive ear. She had no idea just how long she had before he could see her again, so she rose to her feet shimmying out of her dress. Turning around, she lifted the ottoman across the room depositing it into there.


    When she felt the movement cease, she prepared to meet her audience once again.  Standing where she thought to be the middle of the room, she placed her hands on one hip anticipating the beautiful man. She could hear the whir of a door before she saw it open.


    When the lights flooded back on, she was left to see nothing but an opened closet. Stepping closer, she could hear her adrenaline thump in her ears as she glanced down to see a man's cardigan, shirt , shoes, and jeans folded neatly in the middle of the small space. Stepping closer she peered into the room thinking of the chances of something predictable as getting locked in the small room happening.


     "Oh, What the hell." Crouching down to the clothes, she lifted the shirt to her nose reveling in the clean scent. It had the warm smell of a man that she was all too willing to be enraptured by . The sound of a light package hitting the ground drew her attention to the floor.


    The gold foil brought a grin to her face.


     " A condom? I should feel offended." There was no shame into admitting that she was in need of the exact same thing from this stranger.


    Her life lately had prevented any activity whatsoever from occurring to add some release to her stress. Worrying about internships and her family had proved to  be overwhelming .She couldn't pass up this once in a lifetime offer tonight.


     Knock. Knock.

 

     Light taps on the wall brought her to her feet. Unsure if she had actually heard them, she went closer to place her ear against the smooth wall. Maybe she was closer to the man, or maybe she was in another section of the house where the party guests had been. How unlucky would she be to be seen in her light blue matching v-string set.


     Then suddenly, the wall seemed to split in half right under her hands. Niamh was taken back from the closeness of the other person staring back at her. The only thing saving him at the point was the wall separating them. It was like looking into a full length one sided mirror as he stood there basking in his glory.


       The bottom hugging men's briefs nearly broke her racing heart. Nothing was sexier to her than seeing the bulge of a man's lower body. The round and solid thighs dusted lightly with blonde hair showcased themselves before her. His backside was snug in the black material, showing an indenture of his plump muscle as he swished from side to side. A happy trail ran in between dangerous v shaped lines at his hips. He made a quick turn only letting her eyes capture an unfocused glance of the bulge between his legs.


     Her hand floated to her lips, making sure that they were closed. The deep contours of his strong back ripped as he brought his shoulder blades together in the simple motions of his body.


      The little material holding back the breaking damn within Niamh stuck to the lips of her nether regions as her legs shifted causing unsettling friction.


     The quivering had already began and she had yet to touch him.


Ooooooooooooooo


      Blaise had been pleased with the room she chose. Ironically, he was able to play the game on an easy to learn playing board. Having seen her come in to the room, he took this chance to move her around a little; get her stirred up just before the peak of the game.


     He now stood here looking a body that possessed matronly features. Being able to finally see the makings of her, he studied every part of her body. Her breasts sat high being just the right size. The proportions from her chest to her waist and hips were like calming waters running in a creek to Blaise.


      A single finger toyed with the switch that would set the female beast free to ravish him. No telling who would come out the victor as the conquering glint in her brown orbs made his entire body pulsate to the point of busting.


    Her body made a languid twist as she pressed her back to the glass. Spreading her legs, she bent at her waist slowly revealing a tantalizing behind to him. Her deep breaths caused her back to arch and round as she stayed in that position letting him completely admire it.


      "You won't even know how to deal." Blaise said scratchily.

      She flipped her hair back and faced him once again, coasting her hands down her sides, purposely not touching her most intimate body parts. The popping in his ears told Blaise that he had not been breathing.


       With pressure from his finger, the barrier fell between them, mixing the intoxicating hormones each were giving off. Pheromones met and clashed in the swirl about them.


      "So help me that I don't utterly destroy you." The woman voiced as she stalked towards Blaise and lifted her body, trusting that his arms would be there to cradle her against him.


    " We'll both just burst into dust, don't worry." With the tightening of her legs around his body, Blaise tilted his head capturing her lips in a fulfilling kiss.


Ooooooooooooo


   Niamh could feel the heat radiating from his lower stomach against the special meeting place of her thighs. She locked her fingers at the nape of his hair, tugging it back to cast a downward glance. She went in to capture his bottom lip once again letting go of it with a pop of her own.


    Their eyes said everything that their mouths were unable to form. The urge to make the other bow down fueled the couple. They both could see the stubbornness lacing their personalities, and couldn't wait to receive battle wounds.


      "Do you want names?" She breathed out between their kisses as he went to bite her neck, flinching, she sighed away the pang of pressure.


      " We're going to fuck, I don't want to know your name." He said truthfully. With a sinister laugh, Niamh felt her body being flung to a near bed, bouncing high off of it. Before she could support her weight on her elbows to rise, a large hand slapped her chest back down.


    "Uh uh." He grumbled.


    Placing her feet flat against his thighs, she managed to push him back enough to maneuver to her knees. He pinned her bent arms to her chest as he lifted her effortlessly like a child.


    He bent her over his lap drawing her arms behind her gripped by one hand. Niamh attempted to throw her weight around to rock off his hold, but was held frozen in place from the snap of his hand across her ass. A cry of pleasure left her mouth at the contact as she turned half bewildered by his force.


    Involuntarily her hips wiggled in the air to ease the sting she felt.


       "Don't squirm." Putting Niamh on her knees with her face pressed into to sheets and her reddening ass in the air, Blaise went to town on delivering her equally explosive blows. Niamh could do nothing but call out her delicious agony from the sensation.  When she felt the signs of numbness taking over, the slaps ceased and were replaced by kisses. Hands caressed her skin like none ever had before. She could hear the appreciation he held for her body form his frequent expletives as he soothed the ache he caused.


     Pushed into a tuck roll, the blood rushed to Niamh's head making her dizzy as he rounded the other side of the bed. Picking up the condom that had fallen from Niamh's hold minutes ago, he swooped one arm around her curving waist  and moved her to rest against the pillows. Placing the protection above her head, Blaise grabbed the front of her thighs pulling her to sit right against the seat of his underwear.  Biting her lip, she lightly gasped at the quickness of the move as her back arched toward him offering her breasts.


     Blaise didn't have the heart to turn it down.


    With a hand placed on her lower back, he bent her to his mouth, removed her bra , and engulfed the brown nipple, twirling it around. With a pop release, he flicked his tongue against it making eye contact that he didn't have to coerce from her.


      "Mmm." She laughed in her throat as she drew him closer by his ears. Niamh had never came from simple stimulation of her breast, having thought they were the last erotic zone of her body. She was proven wrong as the warm fluid leaked from the creases of her underwear.


    "One." He whispered into her ear as he kept count of his points in the game.


    Recognizing this, Niamh tightened her knees below his ribs making it difficult for him to break free.  She now sat above him straddling his hips, she grabbed both breasts in her hands and massaged them together before him.


    He made a painful groan at her teasing and an easygoing chuckle left her.


    " I can't stand you doing that." A wandering hand crept down to her v-string pulling it to the side revealing a smooth expanse of cocoa brown skin. When he moved the soaking cloth, more essence freed itself from the constraint. His pointer finger ran along the lips as her hips squirmed from his touch. 


      Niamh grabbed his wrist and brought it to her mouth sucking his finger clean.


   " Now you have to taste me." Her velvety voice stated as she swung her legs over, having their bodies face the opposite direction. Blaise lifted his lower half as she tugged down his briefs over his legs and gently folded them like his other articles of clothing. Looking back, a black curtain of hair cascaded over one eye as she lowered her hips to his face. Simultaneously, they each made contact with each other's most intimate parts as hisses of relief rose in the room.


     Getting a firm hold on her underwear, Blaise ripped on side of the barrier, giving him complete access to her dripping love spot. Latching on to her with his lips, he slid his tongue along the slickness. He could feel the gliding tongue along his dick making his stomach drop back. Fighting against the urge to thrust in her face, he held her hips harder and slapped one side of her rear out of the frustration.


      The contraction of his leg muscles would most definitely exhaust him as he continuously jerked and moved them from the female's treatment of him. He moaned into her sweetness as he intensified his ministrations, competing with what she was gifting him with.


     The oohs and aahs rumbling through her throat let him now that she was beyond comprehensive. She seemed to suck him in like she had lockjaw, not once letting up even if her multitasking was thrown off from his master tongue.


     The lapping sounds of him licking around her slit nearly drove Niamh wild. The thought of him feasting on her gave her a slight boost in confidence. He made it sound so delectable.


    " That's it. That. Is. It." She said between her pumping his proud organ. The girth of his penis felt satisfying in Niamh's hand. She could see the tick of her bicep as she worked him. The area behind her knees began to moisten as her entire body heated up. The heat that now travelled to her stomach warned her of another pleasure exposure. Her mouth opened in an ‘o' but emitted no sounds as she didn't want to let the man know that he managed to ease another orgasm from her.


    To stifle the agonizing moan, she wrapped her lips back around him. She eased him far into her mouth, admittedly too unsure of working him down her throat. She used her free hand to aid in pleasuring what she couldn't handle. She turned her mind to solely give him release.


      "No." He growled from beneath her. Tearing his mouth from her, reached forward and tugged on a handful of locks, prying her off. Having no choice but to follow where he directed her from the tension, Niamh complied until he had her trapped by his arms on either side of her head.


    Her futile attempts to move against him for control were shot once he gathered her wrists above her head.


      "You have to accept that you're done Miss...." He teased.


      Defiantly, she stared him square on and said," Fucking finish me before I make you the woman."


    Narrowing his eyes, he reached for the condom package and tore it open. Placing it on, he moved his throbbing head along her slit, but never penetrated. Blaise wanted to see her face go into a fit of rage from him prolonging what they both desired in this moment. He smiled from the anticipation as he rubbed the length of himself along her warm pussy.


     Who was he fucking playing with here? Rearing back, he waited until she had opened her eyes and all that she could see was him. As soon as the contact was made, he slammed forward rocking her body backwards on the bed.


     A scream of pure ecstasy erupted from Naimh as the pounding picked up speed. The noise of skin on skin touching encouraged many strings of expletives from her as she felt him demand for her body to submit to him. She held on to the little power she had and flexed her inner muscles around his shaft showing the strength of her role in their act.


    " Ah, fuck." Blaise could feel his lower back support the momentum behind his deep strokes as he delved into her body. He dug his knees and fists into the mattress, keeping hold on his control as her body popped from the covers with every thrust he gave her.


     Niamh's fingers dug into his bulging triceps as she looked into the face of a determined man. He wasn't as macho as she expected, he seemed to be clearly watching her body for reactions whether than judging his own performance. The emotions he was evoking from her made him the pleasure increaser as just simply looking at his fierce facial features drew whimpering from her.


     " I can't hold it...it's happening..." She gasped as she convulsed beneath him. Her arms encircled his body to find some steady ground during the grand explosion.


     "Come for me. I want you to come for me." He held her tightly to her as he prolonged her high. In her ear, she loved having the quiet sounds of his own climax as it prepared for its debut. When Niamh reached down to grip his ass, the change in ferocity was immediate.


    Blaise dragged his teeth across the delicate skin at the base of her neck as he let himself be spent for the time being by this woman. A piercing ring sounded in his head as his voice let go of a deep gentle moan which differed from the rough shuddering of his orgasm.


     He was unable to produce any other sound as his senses came back to him. Letting out a jagged breath, he fell to the side of Niamh, not yet withdrawing from her warm confines. Though he had released the pent up tension from their meeting tonight, Blaise just knew that he was far from being finished. He could feel the prodding of a forming erection.


     Niamh laughed as she felt Blaise revive himself after only minutes of recuperation.  She looked to him, caressing the man in her bosom wondering how she would be able to walk away from him tonight and never see him again. The possibilities of them running into each other had to be slim. Seeing as how Niamh would never be found at events like the one that brought these two together since she decided on a whim to see just how far she could get without questioning.


    They stared at each other saying everything that crossed their minds without parting their lips. It was if they had tapped into each other's fields and immediately began to transfer and interchange data. Who knows what all transpired in this " exchange." There was no telling what was taken in and given out between the two strangers. Blaise thought that once he became flaccid enough to be removed from her body that the strangeness coursing through him from her would cease, but the curiosity of what dwelled beyond seemed to only grow when their closet physical contact was ended.


     "Are you back through here?" Jeremy's gruff voice boomed from an outside corridor which he figured meant he was searching for Blaise. From which one, neither were quite sure, but it drew their attention to the fact that time couldn't be spent here hidden from others. Reluctantly, Blaise rolled from her and pushed to a sitting position.


     He hated to think the immense pleasure he just experienced could be clouded so soon. Twisting to view the woman behind him, Blaise got lost in her creamy skin lying bare for him to see. She made no move to cover herself and seemed the least disturbed from his roving eyes. With her head thrown back on the stack of pillows, her hair fanned out  creating a resplendent image of her that could suction him in.


       Innocently she looked on with a neutral expression not moving an inch.


     "Did you have to rip my panties?"

 

End Notes:

Read/Enjoy/Review Please

Chapter 3 by Inthenykoftime

 

       Niamh's heels clicked along the concrete as she made her way from the parking garage of her building.

 

      "Hello." She greeted  an older gentleman passing by. Tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear, She clutched her small bag to her and jogged lightly to the entrance to avoid the cold breeze of the night. There was an insistent burn on her backside as she moved up the flights of stairs. It reminded her of her muscles aching after a good run from a workout hiatus.

 

    "Woo." She breathlessly exhaled as she moved up the stairs. Finally reaching the tenth floor exit, she hauled the heavy metal door open and proceeded to apartment 1073. She could hear the muffled sounds of the television. A bright blue light illuminated the bottom of her door.

 

    Without looking, she grabbed her house key and with a flick of her wrist had the door unlocked. Opening it slowly, just in case the latch was on, Niamh walked into her warm home.

 

      " You want to explain yourself miss thing?" A voice bellowed from the couch. Niall Deges smiled over the back of the couch towards his younger sister. He had one braced leg thrown over the armrest as he lounged in the path of the beaming lights from the tv.

 

      Niall had been an overseas basketball player in Germany for the past three years. A recent devastating leg injury had ceased his career bringing him back home to the states where he now lived with his only family members.

 

    " Stop all of that talking. Where's Mama?" Niamh came to the couch throwing the comforter her brother had masterly wrapped around him, knowing the annoyance of him getting out of comfortable positions in his condition.

 

      " Now you're going to get your ass over here and put that back on the way I had it like you got some damn sense." Niall commanded deepening his voice dramatically.

 

     " All I got to do is be black and die." She murmured giving up on talking to him and decided to go look for her mother on her own. Noticing the quiet and darkness surrounding her room, she pried the door open softly, not wanting to disturb her sleep.

 

     " Mama? Are you up?" She spoke tenderly. With no response, she opened her dresser to retrieve a long night shirt and underwear as she made her way to the connecting bathroom. Niamh tended to shower with the lights off, the reason being that this was when she felt the closest to equanimity. Not wanting to ignore the call of her bed from the other side of the door, she made sure to not enjoy the hot water spraying on her tender body. Once she felt the last of the soap suds roll off of her shoulders toward the drain, she shut off the water.

 

     The steam in the room was invigorating, making her chest swell as she took in a deep drag of air. Her eyes remained closed as water still ran freely down her face. From memory, Niamh took the steps toward her bathroom counter and reached for her scrunchie, finding just where she knew it would be. Tying her hair into a messy bun, she retrieved her night scarf and tied it along her edges.

 

      She turned on the light switch, shielding her eyes from the almost violent shine in the bathroom. Wiping off the mirror, she stood staring at bloodshot eyes on the face of a woman about to pass out. With a sigh, she patted her face dry and leaned closer to examine it.

 

    " It's not that bad." She said to no one. She was never a make up pursue and relied on nothing to hide the dullness that truly dressed her face. " I'm just exhausted." Niamh tried to convince herself.

 

    Pulling on her boxer shorts and long sleeve shirt, she looked over her shoulder into the mirror for a peek at the fresh bruises appearing on her hip. Sliding down the side of her bottoms and lifting her shirt, the observed the deep red and purple marks aligning her backside.

 

    Biting her lips, she held in a smile.

 

    After finishing her late night wash up, she trudge toward the bed she shared with her mom Lorraine. With a sigh, she pulled back the covers and glanced at the digital clock at the bedside. It read 3:47 am. Lorraine made a stirring noise at the feel of her daughter's weight on the bed. Niamh seeped deep into the covers, drawing herself to press into her mother's body, securing her hold with an arm thrown over her waist. Niamh's mind drifted back to the way that her body was held tonight by the stranger. She had never known her mother to have any love interests at all, and inside she felt a tad guilt at the way she treated relationships with men -- taking them for granted-while women like Lorraine lived out their lives in honor of the one and only loves of their lives, whether they were alone or involved with someone else, they cherished the ability to love.

 

     It was quite possible that Niamh would never find out why her mother insisted on not needing to be held at night. She refused to allow someone who rightfully deserved to be appreciated in the most solemn moments as sleep. If anything, Niamh wanted to give her every feeling possible that a daughter was able to convey to her hurting mother. It never needed to be spoken of for her to understand.

 

    " I adore you Mama."

 

     The words permeated the silence as sleep overtook her worn out body.

 

Ooooooooooooooooooo

 

        The next morning, The Deges were found in front of the living room tv watching the closing of Joel Osteen's Sunday show. The trio sat with hands interlocked, Niamh's head resting on her brother's shoulder. They were not afraid to show affection with one another. It wasn't out of the ordinary to peck each other or hold hands in public. They have always been mistaken as couple if one of the women were out and about with Niall and being loving.

 

       The Deges have heard some people refer to their relationship as inappropriate once they figured out they were mother and children. Those opinions never affected the way they acted; they expressed their love for each other in the utmost way. For all of their lives it has only been them and their mother. Through every struggle, every night sitting in the emergency room for Niamh, all of those nights they wandered the city until the morning because they had no home, it was only them.

 

      Their bond would never break.

 

      Niall and Niamh knew how much their mother had sacrificed for them. She never attended college because she became pregnant with Niall, and the expenses for a single mother had been through the roof. The kids were known as Irish Twins, having been born less than a year apart. Sadly, there was no room for Lorraine to return to what she had always dreamed of, but she never held that against her children.

 

     They were the best thing she has ever had. She wept alone some days knowing that now her daughter had taken the support role of their family after her heart attack just two years ago at forty two. The stress of life tried to end her, but it only cut her abilities slightly.

 

     Too sick to work, her daughter opened up her home to her. The very first one she had acquired through her own hard work. Niall didn't handle the near death of his mother, and remained in Germany refusing to come home and see her after surgery. Lorraine never took offense to this, knowing her son's way with dealing with difficult situations. In due time, he would find a way back home which showed itself when he injured his leg, permanently keeping him from playing basketball again.

 

     Heaven knows she never would have wished such a thing upon her baby, but she couldn't deny that having him close to her made her heart settle than him being an ocean away.

 

     Now here they were, making a one bedroom apartment work for three adults.

 

     " I'm feeling stir crazy. Are y'all up for going walking?" Niall asked as he staggered up and did a full body stretch.

 

      "Family walk day!" Lorraine cheered lightly. "Help me up boy." Pulling his mother into a fierce bear hug, he led the way into the bedroom so that they could get dressed properly. Once they were all set, they headed at the door. Niamh being in the caboose was the last to close and lock it.

 

Ooooooooooooooooooo

 

      Blaise's footsteps echoed through the large veranda as he strolled into his father's home. It was their traditional Sunday breakfast, something he has always looked forward to. His father was all he has had since he was five. Seeing his mother walk out the door all of those years ago was still clear and vivid in his head.

 

       " I can't even have my own child to myself Joe. I will gladly welcome you with me if you take a step out of this door. Our baby needs normalcy, and staying here won't bring that to him you know that!"

 

      " Carol, you of all people should know what entails to even considering leaving The Family. Just what do you expect do out there after you break away from them? They will find you dear and you'll have nothing. If you think this now is so wretched and what not, then wait until then." Joseph was torn between convincing his wife and scaring her into reconsidering her decision to run away.

 

      "The Family needs you baby, please think of it."

 

      "No! This family needs me not the fake shit you've been brainwashed into. I love you Joseph and I can see it in you that this isn't what you want. You don't have to stay, even if leaving is unprecedented, there is really nothing stopping you but the fear they have put into all of us." Bending to meet her son's eyes, Carol grabbed his face between her hands. The boy's tears flowed freely at what he was witnessing. He had never been without his mother, and now his dad was saying she was running away?

 

    He remembered when he tried to run away because he had broken a window playing tennis in the house. He didn't want to be found when he tried to leave home. Is that what his mother wanted? To never be found? His parents had found him in thirty minutes....How long would it take to find his mother when she left?

 

     "Mommy, it's okay. If you did something bad you shouldn't run from it remember? You told me that Mama, you have to stick by it too!" he cried.

    

    Carol swallowed the lump in her throat that threatened to choke her. She wasn't ignorant to what The Family was capable of doing when she left. The children were accounted just the same as adults to them. Her baby would be forced to suffer whatever awaited her, and she couldn't allow that.

       "Sweetie, I am sticking by something. I always said that I'd make sure you get taken care of didn't I"

 

    He answered with a slow nod and pouted lips.

 

    "Will you take care of me? Let me go with you Mommy. Daddy, go get us bags so we can go, she can't leave us." Blaise broke out into hysteria clawing and climbing onto his mother's body. Trying to attach himself like plankton on a whale.

 

     " Joseph get him please!" Carol finally broke." Baby, your father is going to take care of you..I promise!" She wailed to her son.Making a speedy exit, she locked the door on her way out refusing to see her husband fight to hold the flailing boy.

 

     "No!" He shrieked He bit his father and ran to the door, banging and scratching at the too high lock. He fell to the floor barely breathing as sobs racked his small frame. Joseph ran a hand over his face eliminating the tears there and went to cradle his son while he finished his crying; rocking him back and forth like an infant

 

       "You're early." Joseph called from the kitchen after hearing his son's steps. He stood over the stove tending to the eggs before him. He was a man who prided himself on doing things on his own. He never fancied having help to clean or cook for him. He was capable of both. He had finally caved in a few years ago hiring a maid to help the days during the week when he was too busy to mind it.

 

    Blaise came in patting his dad on the shoulder as he picked up a piece of bacon." Put it down Blaise." His father said, but was too late as it disappeared into his mouth.

 

      " Pancakes? You know I only like waffles." Blaise said haughtily as he smiled at his father with a dishtowel thrown over his arm as he cooked. He was the only parent Blaise had ever seen walk into their own kitchen in his life.

 

     " Hardy har har. Pour the drinks." The two men began getting ready to sit at the small dining table and enjoy the meal. Joseph turned on the television so that they could hear the conversations running on ESPN from the living room.

 

     "I saw the new home last night. I was impressed old man." Blaise reached for the syrup and poured it onto his plate.

 

      " Tell me, did you find my secrets?" Smirked his father while he looked from under his brow at his son.

 

    "That's it. That. Is . It."

 

      "I did indeed. That could make a man motion sick with all of that moving."

 

      Joseph let out a hearty laugh.

 

     The rest of their breakfast was finished with jabs and mindless conversation as the morning wore on.

 

    "I'll go grab the bikes." Joseph stated as he stood up wiping his mouth. Throwing it onto the table, he jogged out of the kitchen leaving Blaise to put the dishes into the dishwasher. The pair stuck to exercising regular, participating in triatholons and marathons together.It was a dynamic of their relationship. To free and refresh their minds from Kincaid Apex, they used getting active as a remedy.

 

     "Let's go!"

 

Oooooooooooooo

 

End Notes:

Both families going to the same park? 

 

Of course there is going to be the "running into each other scene!"

 

 hehe

 

Enjoy.

Chapter 4 by Inthenykoftime

 

     The wind whipped across Niamh's face pulling free strands of her dark hair.


     "I almost want to go into mother mode and question you about what kept you so late last night, but you're a grown woman and I forget sometimes." Her mother said softly, moving the hair from Niamh's face.


      "Please don't ask her who-what-she did last night, I don't think I could live after hearing it." Niall poked.  He never saw the slap to his back that smacked the air out of him.


     " Keep on with that bullshit and I'm taking the other leg out!" His sister narrowed his eyes into the back of his head. Sighing, she turned to her mother and said," Mama, I'm still your baby, you can ask me I honestly have no problem with you checking up on me." Wrapping her arms around Lorraine's shoulders, she peppered kisses along her face.


     " Tell me what it was you were out for."


     " Oh Ma, Mr. Kincaid's new home design was revealed last night. It was residential, but you know people like that have huge parties where they only know a quarter of the visitors so..."


    "You snuck in?!" Lorraine asked horrified." Nia, please don't ever do that. Who knows how serious they will be with reprimanding you if you were caught."


    "Relax please. It would have never gone that far Mama, there was enough alcohol there to make everyone a friend. I just had to see the design."


     " You've been in love with that man since God knows when. I've never heard of a child throwing fits just to go see buildings.You're strange you." She winked to her daughter.


     Niamh began walking backwards, keeping pace with her mother as she laughed. " It all started when we lived with the Saslows. I used to sneak behind you before you finished cleaning Mr. Saslow's office."


     At the mention of her former employer, Lorraine's eyes darted between her children hesitantly. "You...you remember that place?" Drawing her arms around her chest," What do you remember?" She asked terrified coming to a stop she drew the attention of both children, causing Niamh to stumble on her heels.


      Noticing his mother's grave look, Niall asked in a cautious tone,"We nearly grew up there Mom, why wouldn't we? What's wrong?"


       " I just hate having ever kept you kids there, I don't know what I was even thinking..." She stuttered as she speed walked past them without paying attention to what came rushing towards her. Just in time, the biker slammed on his breaks, his back wheel popping off the ground as he tapped Lorraine.


     "Mom!" Niamh ran to her mother seeing her clutch her chest as she bent over from the scare. Coming to her level, she grabbed her by her shoulders asking if she was okay. Behind them, Niall jogged the best he could with his leg brace on with his face red and frazzled.


      " You were on the wrong side of the walkway, what the hell is...." Niamh began to rip into the man, but when she looked up to see his signature white hair and blue eyes, she stopped starstruck.


      "Joseph Kincaid." She gasped. A hand shivered to her mouth as she pointed at him, too excited to speak. For a moment her mind blanked at her mother's state and she realized this and drew back her hand and cleared her throat as she turned back to Lorraine.


     " Are you fine? Was it just a scare?" Now her mother stood with horror in her eyes as if someone stood behind Niamh with a gun pointed aiming at her.


      "Lorraine? Lorraine Deges. I never would have thought I'd see you again. For surely I expected you to..." Joseph stopped dead in his tracks deciding against saying his last words." How are you?" He asked genuinely.


       " I am doing just  fine Mr. Kincaid." Her mother responded tersely.


      " Hey what's up with that? This is my architect, remember?" Niamh asked trying to defuse the bomb her mother turned into. " Be nice please, this is a once in a lifetime chance to meet such a nice man."


      "Nice?"


      "Nice!?"


     Lorraine and Joseph said simultaneously to Niamh's words. " Girl, have I not told you to never say anything if you don't know it for a fact."


    " But mom..." Niamh said embarrassed. She could feel the heat creep up her neck making her eyes blur.


     " Well...she's right, your mother. You can't really say that about me since we don't know each other that well." The man stammered out. He looked into the face of a woman he was sure to have died years ago. Here she was with her children standing in front of him. The young woman's face was the mirror image of one all too familiar to Joseph.The tall brooding man standing behind the ladies held a protective air about him as a flicker of recognition glared in his eyes. He stood silently, simply watching Joseph.


     "Niall Deges." The last he recalled, Niall was a eight year old vibrant boy. He always held a goofy smile on his face as he ran around during his antics. The man standing before him showed no sign that boy could be dug out from the person he had become now.


     "Niamh, you said you were a fan of my work?" He asked leaning back on his bike hoping to ease some of the tension. He looked behind him to see his son finally coming his way. The father and son had been racing each other around the park, and Joe had gotten so caught up in the race that he barely missed injuring Lorraine.


         "Yes I am sir, wait....I never told you my name. How did you know it?" Niamh started off with a smile but quickly retreated to a scowl as she registered all that he had said.


      " Well I..."


     "He must of heard me say it sweetie." Lorraine cut him off with a stern look daring him to say anything else. Joseph took this as a sign that Lorraine refused to acknowledge their past together, and chose to guard her Niamh from it as well.


     " What's going on dad?"  The sound of rolling wheels coming to a stop brought attention to Blaise from the small group gathered near his father. He saw a beautiful older woman staring daggers at his father. Her caramel skin was tinged pink from the wind rushing through the air. Behind her was a man who looked to be around the same age as him looking at the oncoming stranger with discontent. A swell occurred in his chest as he felt an animalistic instinct to protect his manhood as he felt the testosterone in the air.


     "Dad?"  A switch turned on in Blaise at the sound of the female voice. He thought it was a sound carried on in the wind, but when he looked past his father's body, he saw her.


    There weren't many things that could make Blaise's face express surprise, but seeing the object of his attention in the last twenty four hours brought it out. Putting down his kickstand, he walked past the other adults standing there, forgetting they existed, and stood inches from Niamh.


      "What are you doing here?" He asked curiously with a quirk of a smile. Reaching down he absentmindedly grabbed hold of her hand, toying with her long delicate fingers. Her eyes bugged out as she took note of the man whom should have only shown up in her life for one night. She never brought all the men she met home to her mother, and she knew...just knew.... That her mother could sense that he was one of them.


      " It's the park isn't it? Let go of her fucking hand." Niall jerked his sister back, placing her and his mother behind him. He had been on the verge of exploding at first running into the older Kincaid. He could hold it back, but once he saw the younger male, that sealed the deal.


       He looked back into Niamh's face as a new wave of anger rose in him from her body language. When they got home, she would have a lot to hear from him.


      " Woah, brother. I don't think I had spoken to you, but my friend there." Blaise got a cocky look unknowingly thinking about just how friendly they were.


      "Blaise..." His father said knowing how his son could come off to strangers when he felt challenged.


     Niahm peeked around her brother, putting a name to his face. Blaise Kincaid. What were the odds that she would sleep with her idol's son. Is this like women who sleep with the next best member in a band when they really admire the star of the group?


       Suddenly, Niall threw a fist hard enough to nearly make him fall forward as he went after the other man's neck." Keep your fucking tongue still!" He shouted as Blaise dodged out of his way, he had the upperhand over Niall because of his brace.


      "Hey  look, we need to head out you two." Niamh voiced grabbing for her mother's elbow and Niall's. When she went to touch her brother, he moved his arm from her hand and looked at her as if she had rolled in rhino shit.


      "Fucking unbelievable." He murmured as he shoulder Blaise when he began to walk away. Niamh stood confused staring at the back of his shaking head.


     "Niamh how do you know him?" Her mother looked at her with a knowing look.


     "I've...met...him before, but it was so recent that I don't actually know him know him M-"


     " The both of you better stay clear of me. My daughter also." Lorraine commanded to the two men in front of her. She turned to Niamh with a look that bordered the lines of the one Niall gave her just moments before.


    Niamh felt uncomfortable at the looks and felt like crying; she couldn't understand the coldness they were sending her way. They both walked away leaving her behind to gawk.


      " Now our no name game is over." Blaise said aloud when it was only he, Niamh, and his father left .


      " Cut the crap." Joseph said tensely." Dear, I'm sorry for what happened here."He apologized to Niamh as he and Blaise mounted their bikes once again.


     Unable to see through the fangirl moment, Niamh was able to quickly draw together a smile for one of two people she looked up to. " No no Mr. Kincaid. It's fine really. They just may not be having a good day."


    "Maybe." He said." Well, Miss Niamh, maybe our paths will cross another day and we could possibly sit down and chat. You seem like you would have a lot to say. Good bye." He grinned as he pedaled away.


     "Have a good day Mr. Kincaid!" She called after him as his back disappeared. Her arm fell back to her side once she stopped. The feel of Blaise's eyes on her put every hair on edge. Collecting her composure, her eyes slowly travelled to him.


     " Who name's their child Blaise?"


     "Oh, so Niamh is a common name? You know you could have had that legally changed when you were eighteen, in case you didn't know."


     They stood there silently looking at each other, waiting to see who would break it first.

  Blaise mischievously wiggled an eyebrow recognizing what she was doing. Niamh broke out into a light laugh that was almost nervous.


      "Can I tell you that I hadn't prepared to actually see you again? Especially not in a few hours."


      " You're not alone there. It's one thing to wake up beside you,that seems normal with what we did. But to just happen to cross paths outside of that seems unusual. " Blaise admitted.


     "This wasn't supposed to happen...us and..."Niamh ran a hand across the back of her neck making eye contact with Blaise hoping that she didn't have to finish her sentence.


     " What? You regret sleeping with me?" Blaise blatantly said causing some heads to turn in their direction. He had no warning sign of the offense he would take to her words. Niamh never had a problem with her way of life, being confident in her sexuality, but that sure as hell didn't mean she was okay with it being broadcasted in such a way.


      " Look, that's not what I said." She held a finger up to her mouth asking for him to quiet down. Walking forward, she hoped that he would follow so that they could continue their conversation without others listening in.


     Niamh could hear the sound of the his wheels rolling after her." I'm not so sure what I was saying just then honestly Blaise, but now, I would like to apologize for how my family acted. There really wasn't any reason for them to behave that way."


    She has never seen either one of them act in such a way to strangers. They weren't hostile people. The fact that they both had obviously left her, told Niamh that she deserved to know why their attitudes had been so nasty. Maybe then she wouldn't feel like she'd have to defend their actions if she was given some of their personal insight. Looking at Blaise's profile, she got lost in studying the curve of his chin and the hair that decorated it.


     She saw the muscle in his jaw jump as he turned to her and said," Don't worry about that. My feelings aren't hurt."


      "One."


      " One? One what?" Blaise asked amused at her reference to his phrase just the night before.


    " One thing that we have in common. Invincibility to petty feelings." Niamh said scrunching up her nose to him.


     The grin Blaise held fell slowly to only a mere quirk of his lips. " Well, have you found that doesn't always work in your favor?"


      She took time to think about his question. " Actually, yes." She said softly watching her feet as they moved.


     " Two." The bike came to a halt once the two had reached the parking lot. " I should turn around now. My father is long gone by now." He said with regret lacing his undertone.


     " Yeah...Mr. Kincaid." Niamh said with a small smile showing that her mind had drifted back to the awkward moment of meeting Joseph.


      " Goodness, you say his name like a sick girl." Blaise said feigning disgust.


      "He's an amazing man at what he does." She defended.


     " Well hey, since you know my name now, you can say it with that much care from now on. Until then Niamh...." Blaise rode around her, leaving her in her place with his audacious words.

       "You must be out of you mind." She mumbled.


        Niamh realized just how much of an interest Blaise had struck in her. Sure, he came off cocky, but what should she have expected after his bold advance to her within minutes after their first meeting?


    Arrogant men were never her taste, but something told her that Blaise Kincaid wouldn't be just a craving for this week, this month, maybe even just this year. He could become a permanent ingredient into her pot of life that still needed tweaking to the recipe.


     Shaking her head at the thought, she broke into a light jog, wanting to cut the time home in half and maybe even catch up with her mother and brother.    

 

Chapter 5 by Inthenykoftime
Author's Notes:

Short thingymajig

 

       "What the hell got into you two?!" Niamh bursted through the door breathing heavily from her jog that turned into a full sprint home.


    She had walked in just as her mother and brother stopped the conversation they were engaged in. Their faces turned to her still showing their disapproval towards her.


     " What?" She raised her voice boldly.


      " Don't you dare come in here demanding from me like that you hear?" Her mother's voice was leveled and a shaking finger pointed to her daughter who stood looking exasperated.


    " I apologize. " Niamh replied coming to their side, reeling in her voice. " You two know that the way you acted out there was uncalled for Mom."


     " Can I not have my own opinion about someone Nia? You just take my word when I say to never ever dip into business with them again." Her voice came out hoarsely.


     " You're acting as if you have some vendetta against them. We don't know them! Or at least you used to, but I've never heard you speak ill about him all of these years. Why now?"


      " Now isn't the time for you to badger on with questions Niamh. If we say no then that's just what it means." Niall said sternly irking Niamh with the tone he took.


      " Who the fuck are you, my daddy?" She asked fueled by fire at the way she was being treated.


      " Maybe I should have been more of your daddy and told you to not get on your back for just anyone. You've slept with him Niamh! Who knows what kind of sick game he'll make you . Is that really how you roll? Any random guy does it for you?"Niall's loud voice bolstered through the small space. He had stood to his feet and shook his younger sister by her shoulders.


      Silence overtook the home as Niamh swallowed back any response she had prepared to say. She felt the shake of her legs underneath her and grabbed onto the back of a dining room chair. She blinked back tears as she moved her eyes to her mother also.


     " You're not going to say anything?" She asked, voice shaking and all.


     " Niamh baby..." Her mother began," I should have stopped you from being so free a long time ago. I never warned you sweetie it's my fault I-"


     "No!" Niamh's hand shot up ceasing her mother's voice." Is that what you both really think of me? As a whore? All I wanted to know was why you held those people in such a bad light. That was it. You assumed-which only makes an ass out you and me-that I slept with Mr. Kincaid's son."


     " Do you think it's that hard to make the connection Niamh? You and he had it written all over your faces-"


     " Did I ever say that happened?!" Niamh screamed." Not once did that leave my mouth. And how dare you to turn it into some type of daddy complex Niall!"


     " I'm trying to keep you from making any further mistakes with him Nia! You're going to fall flat on your face if you don't realize my intent."


    "When did I ever suggest that he and I would ever be with each other for that to happen? Please...for the sake of us both just stop and listen to yourself and point out to me where anything you're saying makes sense. Her teeth digged into the side of her cheek drawing blood into her mouth as she fought back the urge to hurt her brother.


     Niall had been so caught up in the conversation with his mother, that he couldn't hold back from expressing his concern for his sister. He never lightly protected her if he felt as if she needed it. He would heavily guard her with his life, and after lifetimes together, Niamh had seemed to not have caught on to his ways with her. They had such a close and loving relationship, that when one became mad it was worse than being on the ocean during a storm. He just didn't know how to explain it to her. He had to beg his mother to answer his suspicions he had years ago when the Kincaids were regulars in their lives. The goofiness of Niall shadowed his intuitive nature which everyone failed to notice about him.


      "Father has sent in new drafts of the operation. We could knock out years in our plans..." Niall had been searching for his winter coat like his mother asked before he went outside with the other children. He stood now on the opposite side of the door; his jacket hanging on a hook inside of the conference room filled with domineering men in suits. Niall could only recall seeing them all walk through the halls of Mr. Saslow's home many times before, but had never heard them speak a word.

 

    Mr. Saslow always passed by Niall, ruffling his hair and suggesting a game or activity that would draw his attention away from their meetings. Today had been different. Their entrance was walked in high strides and smiles laying beneath the surface on many of their faces. The door had been left open a crack, leaving Niall enough room to see into the festive room.

 

     "We haven't seen a move like this in years!" Jeered Daniel. He threw one leg across the table as he slapped his hands together, the face of an awaiting savage showing.

 

       Niall wasn't quite sure, but the look seemed to foreshadow an event that would be gut wrenching to try to even guess.

 

      "What are you doing white boy?" Exclaimed another boy from behind,which  startled Niall and caused him to fall into the door, slamming it shut. He turned around to his archenemy, Blaise. He and his sister Niamh had been the pit of the children's taunting because of their skin color. Their mother was an obvious woman of color, and yet her children showed nearly no sign of her heritage. Niall got it the worst, his skin being much paler than his sister's light cream color.

 

     He had never seen his father, so he couldn't explain to them why exactly it was that he looked the way he did. He tried explaining that it was what God had decided for him, but kids at that age always had a follow up question to a definite answer; "But why?"

 

      Niall scrambled to his feet backing as far away from the door as he possibly could, hearing footsteps charge towards it.

 

     "Just what are you boys doing here?" Sneered Mr. Saslow upon seeing Niall.

 

     " I...I was looking for my jacket and I saw it in there by the table-"

 

   "You've better have a good explanation behind being in forbidden areas. You've no right going in any room in my house without my permission. Wait until I get to your mother!"

 

    "No! No! She doesn't know about me wandering! That's all it is....just wandering I promise."His small hands shot up in front of his body pleading to Daniel.

 

     From behind came a hand gripping Niall's jacket." Here you go Niall. Go on and get out of here okay kid? And Blaise, I don't ever want to hear you talk like that again, do you get me?" Joseph was the only adult who spoke to Niall and Niamh like they mattered. They already felt like they took up space where they weren't welcomed since their mother was a maid who lived in the Saslow home. Niall had taken a liking to Joseph and even came to respect him. He was usually the one who kept Blaise's teasing at bay whenever he came for play dates with Darla.

 

       " Sure thing. Sorry for disrupting you."

 

     " It won't happen again Dad." Blaise said standing stiffly at his father's scowl.

 

    Daniel scoffed before pulling Joseph back into the room, closing the door as the two young boys took off down the hall.

 

   Niall had learned enough information about the Saslows and Joseph, that he felt he had the right to claim insanity. It's been nearly twenty years since they were last being torn apart by their claws, and he feared inevitable fighting amongst their family with the Arrival of the Kincaids once again. Of course Niamh would have been too young and sheltered away from the tyranny in that house, her brother only hoped to have her life continue on oblivious to the smoking bomb right under all of their noses.


      Lorraine moved the hair back from her face displaying her conflicting situation.


     "I'm leaving." Declared Niamh as she went back into the bedroom and packed two overnight bags."I'm sure I don't have to say it, but I will be at Blythe's."


     "Niamh, wait-" Started Niall. He attempted to barricade her into the room, but was slipped by with ease.


    "Don't speak to me. Please." Niamh said in an unwavering voice before she walked out of the front door with her keys.

 

Chapter 6 by Inthenykoftime
Author's Notes:

Little rough. Excuse the errors

 

 

jJustin Clance/ Paul Royer

 

 

 

 

      "Girl you need to release all the stress you have to tonight. You can't have this type of energy tomorrow on your first day." Niamh sat on her best friend Blythe's couch as she shoveled spoonfuls of the ice cream she had only bought twenty minutes ago. Her spoon was already scraping cardboard telling her that she ran through the entire container.

 

       Blythe was a caring and loving friend. It seemed that Niamh had a knack of pulling people into her life that gave her enough love that she may not have for herself at times. Blythe was a beautiful photographer who never left home without a smile.

 

    It wasn't quite as infectious to Niamh as it was to others they encountered. Monday would be the first day of her internship at the beloved Kincaid Apex. It had been so surreal earlier that day, that Niamh couldn't remember that she would be training under Joseph after she first met him in person. Now she sat last minute at nine thirty the night before preparing herself for her big morning.

 

     " I don't like feeling this way Blythe. I can't even stay in my own house tonight because of the feelings swirling around there. The ones you love the most can put you through some of the worst pain..."

 

        She had gone home to see if everything had let up, but instead had come home to an empty apartment. To be on the safe side, she made up her mind up to stay away for the night, going into her room collecting everything she would need for the next day. Just as she walked out of the room closing the door, her mother and brother had entered the home. As they saw her, she could see the immediate sobering of their faces as they stood looking at each other. Niamh had awkwardly cleared her throat and said a low good night to them as she squeezed past them to leave.

 

     Niamh set aside her now empty ice cream container and pulled a leg up to finish painting her toenails.

 

      "They aren't telling you something, now I don't think that is quite right, but look at it as them looking out for their baby girl." Blythe said with a smile as she stood behind Niamh, helping her by putting pincurls into her hair. She patted her feet against the ground, trying to change Niamh's mood as she showed her excitement for her.

 

       " I can feel how happy you are Nia. It's making me giddy as hell too!" She grabbed her by the shoulders and shook her from side to side. She made up a song for Niamh on the spot, wanting to steal a smile from her.

 

     "My, my , my...." Blythe sang as she saw her head duck down into her knees hiding a smile.

 

     " Are you going to try and marry him or something?" She asked coming around to plop down on the cushion of the couch.

 

    " Who?"  Niamh exclaimed.

 

     "Old Joe! He isn't married right? He isn't that old. Forties don't count in my book..." She said down casting her eyes with a smirk.

 

     " Yeah, you're right, but he is my mother's age Blythe. She knows him personally too, what do I look like chasing after that man? If he only knew all of the letters I had written for him as a kid, he would think I was a lunatic. Plus, my views for him have nothing to do with romance or the other crap."

 

     " You might as well start laying it on him. Shoot, you can be his son's step mama." Blythe poked her in the side as Niamh's body stilled at the mention of Blaise. It had been one detail that she left out in speaking of her day.

 

      "I'm not so sure that would work out well." She laughed nervously. Getting up, she waddled to the guest room to check her outfit for the day.

 

    " Come watch me model!" She hollered to Blythe.

 

Oooooooooooooooooo

 

         Justin drove in his car on the highway in the early morning. He suppressed a yawn as the sunlight began to shine brighter. He tossed the manila folder he held in his hand to his passenger seat. It fell open to his latest assignment. For years Justin has been sent on missions to uncover the scum that walked among citizens, claiming to be the same.

 

    Oh, how easy that lie could be revealed.

 

    The Family-the only title they had come to be addressed as-has been under careful eyes for years. Even before Justin joined the team, their activities have caught government attention. Their every move has been tracked like never before for the last nine months, which is when Justin had been hired as a janitor.

 

      Pulling off an exit, a large looming building was what Justin's car was headed to.

 

     Kincaid Apex.

 

     He went through the usual procedure of the heavily secured premises. Parking in his designated spot,he removed the picture that had fallen partly from the folder. It was a snapshot of Justin's targets for this particular job. Blaise and Joseph Kincaid.

 

    They were the quietest of the villains and thought to be the most dangerous. There was little info on the son or father, but a transfer of power seemed to be on the brink of happening, and Justin wanted to be there to intercept it; strip it from the hand offering it to them. With the expansion of Kincaid Apex, Justin was now faced with figuring out how to keep track of two people in two different places now. He had been assigned to follow behind Blaise to the new area, having struck up a sound friendship with him.

 

       Had it not been for his job, Blaise was a passable human. Justin became close fast with the younger man, which made it difficult to be the murderer of the treacherous life they had now.

 

     This assignment was the longest to date under his belt. Before, he never stayed long enough to develop any connection with the subjects, this helped to make utterly destroying them easier to sleep with at night.

 

    Looking at Joseph Kincaid's profile, Justin couldn't fathom how a genuine seeming man like himself could get himself entangled in such a mess. For most of his adult life, he's walked around with this snail trail, unable to shake it. He had come to respect the gentleman and that had been a first mistake of his. He was to only view the people as the enemy here, but as the days turned into weeks and months here, he saw the line of work and life blurring.

 

     " I need to speed this up." He said to himself as he checked around the outside of his car out of habit. His eyes landed on a young woman climbing from her vehicle directly in front of his car. The woman wasn't located in the memory bank Justin held for all the people he has encountered while here. When she looked up most likely from the feeling of being watched, he was able to capture a mental image immediately.

 

      He saw no new threat from her, but curiosity had been sparked within him.

 

Oooooooooooooooooooooo

 

      Blaise straightened his suit as he walked through the twists and turns of his father's business.  He took a deep breath as he settled his nerves for the day.

 

    He would show his father just how much he had earned his position today. Even as a grown man, he felt wonderful hearing his father compliment him on his efforts and talents. He had a humbling childhood, Joseph never pumped his son's head. He knew his capabilities, and never wanted to make his son too pompous. Even though now, it seemed to be the complete opposite with the way Blaise acted.

 

    Some things you're just born with.

 

 

      "Good morning Mr. Kincaid. You're father is already in." Said the secretary as he rounded her desk.

 

    "Thank you Mariah. You don't have to call me in, he's expecting me." He stopped her just as she picked up the receiver to alert Joseph of the incoming visitor. "Besides, it's going to be pretty quick."

 

     "Are you sure that's fine?" She asked timidly, not wanting to break protocol even for her boss's son.

 

     " I promise." Blaise waited until an uncertain Mariah lowered the phone. Giving him a warm smile, she began writing, just as she had been doing before Blaise arrived.

 

     Going through the doors leading to his father's office lobby, Blaise's brisk walk came to a halt as he stood outside of the door he hoped to have one day. He studied his father's nameplate as his hand reached down to turn the cold doorknob. He heard light chatter, but though nothing of it. The door was slightly ajar when words coming through caught his interest.

 

      " I see no need at all in extending this to the new Apex Danny. Let's jus t leave it untouched, things could get messy." His father's voice was anxious, and he could imagine him pacing his office and gripping his short hairs on his scalp.

 

     " I know. I know. He's gone this long without being in the mix though. Let him be a kid and keep up with the place on his own. It has to stay pure. We are already fucked for the rest of our lives and hell, maybe even in the afterlife as well. I wouldn't know for sure, I've never been there." Joseph's voice raised an octave.

 

     Before Blaise could wrap his brain around what he heard, he had pushed the door open farther, startling his dad to his dismay.

 

     " Hey." He whispered unsure as he closed the door behind him.

 

     " Let me go, I need to see him off. I sure will tell him." Joseph ended his call as he slowly evened out his breathing before he turned around to Blaise.

 

      "This is the day when your boy becomes a man today Pops." Blaise said, opening his arms as his father walked into them for a strong hug.

 

    " Your own man." Joseph said with more emotion than he meant to.

 

     "You and I both know that you have this. You're in control Blaise. Make sure you keep a tight hold on that." He pulled away poking him in the chest.

 

    "Of course, Dad. Was that Dan on the phone?" He asked knowingly.

 

    " Yes, yes it was. He was just calling to give you his best wishes for today. You know how proud he is for you taking up this job."

 

    " I remember how he looked like he was going to start crying when we announced it." Blaise said lost in his thoughts.

 

      " It's something he holds close. He...takes this very serious Blaise, you know that right?" Joseph went to his desk, leaning back against it crossing his arms.

 

     "It's pretty obvious.You both should know that I will follow everything to the ‘t'."

 

    " My advice son, learn to do this on your own. Dear God, do not always go by what you've been taught, find other ways."

 

     " Where is that coming from-"

 

      "Good morning Mr. Kincaid." They had been interrupted by Justin's light knocks on the door before he eased it open. He walked in, patting Blaise on the back and shaking Joseph's hand.

 

    " I hope I didn't barge in to your pregame speech." He asked raising his eyebrows.

 

   "Justin, you always seem to turn up places. What's the deal man, why are you here?" Blaise asked in a friendly tone.

 

      "I go wherever the wind takes me. I'm here to grab some things I had left back in my locker."

 

     Snapping his fingers, Joseph asked," While you're here, do you think you could take a look at the back leg of my desk. I tried fixing it myself, but that turned into a disaster. After all you still do work for me." He said jokingly.

 

    Justin nodded his head as he walked back to the desk that Joseph pointed out. Taking a glance at it, he estimated that it would take no less than three, no more than five minutes to fix the desk for him.

 

     "Oh, that? It'll take around ten minutes to get it done Mr. Kincaid." With the extra time, Justin figured he could take some time to look around at any evidence he could collect. That is of course, if Joseph left the room.

 

     "Great. I'm going to see Blaise off while you do that."

 

    How wonderful.

 

   " Don't you be late. I might fire your ass." Teased Blaise as he left out of the room.

 

     Justin had quickly fixed what he had promised to do, and took a seat in the stiff chair behind the desk. He scanned the various objects displayed neatly. Most of things he had already gotten a look at to evaluate their importance. The one thing he longed to finally get a hold of was blinking a red light.

 

    Joseph's answering machine.

 

    Pressing play, he listened to the automated voice stream out message after message from numbers Justin has been documenting for the past three months. He had seen a pattern in their calling times, and had himself programmed to them. Just as he would have expected, the morning number that called regularly began speaking in terms meant to divert anyone who's ears were not supposed to hear.

 

    The movement of a body in the room frightened Justin, thinking that he had been caught red handed doing things that were not part of his job.

 

    Before him stood the woman from the parking garage, peeking in at him slightly confused.

 

    " Oh, I'm sorry. I thought this was Mr. Kincaid's office."

 

     " It is." Responded Justin.

 

    Leaning back outside of the door, Niamh checked to confirm the nameplate." Why, yes it is. " She looked  at him from head to toe taking note of his attire. The question formed on her face as she looked between him and the answering machine he had so suddenly turned off when she walked in.

 

    "Just the Janitor.Justin." Standing from the chair, Justin reached his hand to her, offering it for a handshake.

 

    " Niamh. Intern." She took his hand softly shaking it.  Thinking that she would look away out of embarrassment, Justin stared into her eyes, assessing her the way he always did a new person he met. He was surprised that she didn't waver her stare after the first seven seconds of contact.

       There, he saw a woman who would add a new element to his job here. She seemed stubborn and unbreakable.

 

    Could she be a person he would have to prove wrong?

 

Chapter 7 by Inthenykoftime
Author's Notes:

First half of 7

 

     "So, do you also take note of Mr. Kincaid's messages too?" Niamh asked suspiciously. She was not dumb at all. When she had first caught sight of the handsome man listening so intently to the messages, she figured she had been led to the wrong office.

 

     The way he quickly ceased told her that he had in fact been doing something wrong.

 

     Looking around the room, she could feel the elite power Joseph held. On the walls hung pictures of him in his younger days posing with the various receivers of the projects he produced. A picture with dozens of small children caught her eye on the farthest wall from her. She narrowed her eyes at it without getting closer trying to see if her imagination was playing games with her.

 

     "Is that Niall?" She asked herself.

 

     Justin turned to see what she was looking at which brought her out of her own little world. Clearing his throat, he avoided her earlier question by saying," I take it you're the new talent Mr. Kincaid has been doting over these past few weeks." He placed his arms behind his back and rocked on his heels.

 

     Her heart shaped face lit up at the mention of Mr. Kincaid being excited to meet her." Is that so?" She asked trying to mask her kiddy excitement to jump up and down and force him to tell her everything he knew.

 

     Justin took her innocent look of admiration as a sign that she may possibly be a part of The Family. He quickly came to the wrong conclusion that she wasn't just any intern, but one who would come in to learn the business closely. Justin settled on her being "adopted" into the family, since many of the members were comprised of multiple individual families who would sometimes intermarry.

 

     She didn't match the rest of them. He could plainly see that she wasn't a Caucasian, which seemed to be a characteristic of the family members. Justin ached to find out her importance to them.

 

      "Did you get it done for me Justin?" In walked the man of the hour. He walked to the other two people standing in his office. The smile on his face softened when he recognized Niamh.

 

      " Well, what brings you here?" He didn't say it with any hint of disapproval. It was a simple question.

 

     "I am the intern, sir.Niamh Deges." Niamh kept her voice sturdy, not letting the fact that he didn't put two and two together from her name and their meeting the day before. His eyes widened slightly as a look of embarrassment crossed it for only a second. He walked to his desk, picking up the folder he opened it, simultaneously looking from her to the paper before him.

 

    " I apologize Niamh dear. My head hasn't been on my shoulders lately, I should have realized that." He came to her grabbing both of her hands and covered them with his own. The sincere look in his eyes ignited a scary feeling in her. He looked into her face to see if his ignorance had hurt her in any way. The look of a father making sure his child was okay....

 

     Quickly throwing that image out of her mind, she reassured Joseph that she was fine.

 

     " Mr. Kincaid it is absolutely fine . I doubt many people could make a connection like that so close to one another." She revealed a white smile to him.

 

    A hearty chuckle left him as one hand went to pat her cheek. Joseph had fallen back into the days when he would laugh at the jokes of the witty girl she once was. There was always a reason to smile around the child, but his action toward the woman brought a look of confusion to her face. He drew his hands back, forgetting where he was and that they weren't alone.

 

    Justin looked to him with a raised eyebrow. What was that? The thought of this young woman being in a relationship with Joseph didn't sit well in Justin's stomach. He hasn't ever heard Joseph talk about a woman in his life, but for some reason he selfishly hoped that Niamh wasn't it.

 

     " I'm going to go ahead and be on my way Mr. Kincaid." Justin nodded his head to him, shaking his hand. " And Niamh, it was a pleasure to meet you. We'll see each other again I'm sure."

 

    Niamh was taken aback by his matter of fact tone. She watched him on his way out of the room, shutting the door quietly behind him.

 

     "For future reference Miss Deges, please call me Joseph; Mr. Kincaid was my father's name." He told her with a warm smile.

 

     "Okay...Joseph." Niamh said happily.

 

     "Let's take a walk around Niamh. That way we can talk some more as I show you where your new home will be."

 

    With that, he led her out of the room.

 

Ooooooooooooooo

 

     "Welcome Mr. Kincaid." A chorus of greetings met Blaise's ears as he opened the front door to his new domain. Two rows of employees lined his entrance. The conformity they displayed shocked him into the place he stood. His eyes widened at the unusual manner of the people before him. Their appearances were all manicured and identical. The men sported the same haircut while the women each had their hair slicked back into a menacing high bun.

 

     " Um...Good Morning everyone." Blaise was arrogant, cocky, bodacious, any word you could think of; but in no way was he an attention seeker nor craver. Actually, attention such as this made him slightly uncomfortable, the opposite of his personality.

 

     He wasn't sure if the intent in his voice carried across the room. Not one head lifted from his response, as if they did not want to make eye contact.

 

    "Guys...?" Silence met him. Suddenly, the sound of expensive shoes walking on the tile. Around the corner came Blaise's godfather, Daniel Saslow.

     "I believe that was your cue everyone." He bellowed out a hidden command that they willingly obeyed. They scattered like moths to their work areas, continuing on with everything as before." And I believe this will be my first time congratulating you in person son." Walking to Blaise with a wide grin, Daniel gathered him into a manly hug.

 

     "Thank you Uncle Dan. I appreciate you being here for the first day." Separating, they walked to the elevator and climbed on.

 

    " Oh not only for a day, I'll be here for quite some time. We can't have you going in blind, can we?"

 

    This piece of information was new to Blaise. He hadn't been aware of being "supervised" at all. He thought his father had trusted his abilities enough to allow him to handle it on his own.

 

    " Dad hadn't told me that you would be around for a long period of time." Blaise said monotonously.

 

    " Ah, well what your father doesn't know now won't hurt him. He'll find out soon, I'm sure, but there will be no problem. You know, I shadowed him his first year in."

 

      Shadowed? If he thought that term put Blaise at ease, he was absolutely wrong. Coming at this from a professional standpoint, Blaise would only appreciate Daniel helping him when called upon.

 

    Not him exercising his high position in a place where Blaise should be the highest on the respect list. His own father had even made it clear that he would leave this sector of the company to him. The dominating nature of Blaise would not step aside for anyone.

 

     " A year? I'm certain you won't need to be here that long. In fact, today will be the only day you have to hang around here."

 

     The ding of the top floor alerted the pair that their stop had arrived. Just as the doors began opening, Daniel turned to face Blaise with a small sneer.

 

       "I'll be the judge of that." There in his face wasn't the man Blaise had come to love and respect growing up. The vehement look was foreign to him, and his broad chest swelled out of defense for he saw the inklings of an enemy.

 

    Of course Blaise wouldn't recognize this word to describe the man before him just yet.

 

Ooooooooooooooooooo

 

Chapter 8 by Inthenykoftime
Author's Notes:

Aw what the heck. This is going to be its own chapter. Enjoy!

 

     Justin walked through the virgin rooms of the second Kincaid Apex. The signature styled conference rooms replicated the ones he had originally began working in. The set up was identical, the same chairs, tables, and the same nameplates bolted onto the table tops waiting for their occupants to show up. Coming down the long corridor, he came to a steel door that seemed to call out to him.


      Pulling back his sleeve, he checked his watch to see the time read 9:04 pm. The day for him had proved uneventful.  He did his usual duties of making sure the regular expectations of him and his position were met. In the five years he has worked undercover, he had never had to have such a job. Cleaning shit spewing toilets and removing trash from offices that smelled like things from hell were not one of his most desired activities. For these people to seem so well kept on the outside, they turned out to be sometimes the foulest of the foul.


     He rolled a large trashcan to the front of the tempting door. A woman walked past him, eyeing his actions to see his next move. She seemed ready to intervene and divert his attention elsewhere from the room. He made use of his supplies, knocking a glass cleaning bottle off of the bottom rack with his foot and bent to pick it up.


     "Have a nice evening." She spoke to him. She came to halt crossing her hands behind her back with a false smile decorating her face. Justin let out an exasperated sigh seeing that she had no intention to turn a blind eye to him.


    " Yes, you too. It's been a long day hasn't it?" He rose slowly leaning against the moving cart. " It sure would be a relief to get home and relax, wouldn't it?" He said pointedly to her.


     The woman stood unaffected by his subtle hint to be on her way." It would be rather delightful. Are you going this way also?" She asked nodding her head toward the elevator. " We could go together." The dull gleam in her eyes let Justin know just how important it was for him to not be lingering around this door. Justin raised his eyes to a small red light above the door, his senses told him that maybe entering the room wouldn't have been as easy as he first perceived.


     " You know what, I'm going to have to pass on that." He said charmingly, drawing no response from her expressions." I still have this last round to finish, but maybe next time I can join you?" With a sharp turn on her heel, her and the tight bun resting high on her head walked away with a cutting glance.


     Justin began to slowly walk away, making sure that he heard the closing of the elevator doors behind him before her looked over his shoulder to see that the woman had in fact left. There were no corners at the end of the hall for her to lurk around, so he took this as him being alone once again. The door before him could be missed by anyone just happening to walk by. From being in the presence of Joseph, Justin had caught on quick to the man's designing habits. His hidden passage ways were known to only few outsiders. It was pretty remarkable what the man was able to come up with. Justin has never had the pleasure of actually venturing off into one, but he had been lucky enough to catch sneaks at drawing plans of some of his latest works.


      An eerie feeling ran across the back of his neck as he saw the flicker of the red dot just above his head. He fought against the feeling to look directly into it, not wanting to give anyone on the other side the satisfaction of "catching him red handed." Thinking better of standing around, he began his trudge to the closest office to pick up the trash.


      Behind him, the sound of an oncoming person could be heard. He heard two pairs of feet traveling towards him with powerful steps. Facing the people, Justin was relieved to see that it was only Darla Saslow. He had gotten to know her through Blaise throughout the last few months that the men developed a strange type of friendship. She came to  him with a warming smile showcasing the brightness of her eyes. Before he could properly greet her, she pulled him into a tight hug.


      " Hi Justin! I feel like it's been days since I lost saw you."


    " Well it has. Eight to be exact." He replied


    " Smart ass." She said through her teeth as she pulled back. The man behind her filled Justin's heart with joy. Through pictures, voicemails, and emails, was the only way he knew the man. He was the big shit of the whole corrupt operation Justin had been sent to take down.


     The biggest piece of shit Justin would ever clean up in his life.


     " Mr. Saslow , sir." He greeted him reaching out a hand. Daniel eyed the young man and his outstretched hand, not wanting to touch a man he dealt with filth for a living.


    The irony.


    After a prolonged silence, Darla cleared her throat to her father and with wide eyes, indicated that he should be courteous. Daniel's mighty attitude didn't deter Justin one bit. He had not an ounce of a fuck to give about what Mr. Saslow thought of him. If only he knew about him....


     " It's always nice to meet a new comer to the business." He said with a smooth tone, finally gripping Justin's hand." I'm not so sure I've heard tell of you before young man, why is that?" Daniel placed his hands into his dress pants pockets taking a nonchalant stance.


      " Well it would make sense that you haven't sir."


     "Oh?"


     " Seeing as how I do not work for you, of course you wouldn't have heard about me. There isn't anything spectacular of a janitorial job for Mr. Kincaid to brag about to his friends is there?" He saw the flash of disgust and insult Daniel took to his words.


       "You'd be surprise just how entwined our work is son." Daniel could smell the blaring differences with this man from the rest of the employees. He could not recall at all ever screening him before he was hired. His ire was touched knowing that Joseph had broken procedure and gone on his own to invite someone in so close to The Family without him knowing. He of all people should know how detrimental it was after all of these years.


      Darla rolled her eyes at her father's blatant stubborn attitude as he spoke to Justin. "Well hey Jus, I had just stopped by to check up on Blaise and found my dad here. We were just checking it all out. I like what you've done with the...toilets." She said jokingly." I'll be sure to admire the floors as we leave. Now." She directed to her father leaving no room for argument.


       "How kind of you Darla. Make sure you don't touch any of my glass on your way out. I didn't clean them for your hands to smudge all over them." He threw out to the woman dragging her father by the elbow past him. Daniel gave him a knowing gaze on his way out.


        It's time for him to sit back and wait for the beast to be drawn towards him.


       " Hey Justin, you about done?" Crackled Blaise's voice over his walkie talkie.


      " Yeah, everything's just about done here. Why?" He spoke into the contraption.


      " Good. Hurry your ass, we're going for drinks." With that, Justin placed the walkie talkie back onto his hip holster and finished up cleaning, preparing to release his pent up stress with Blaise.


Oooooooooooo


      Blaise ran his hand through his hair as he walked through the dark parking garage with Justin beside him.


      " Well damn, you look like you've aged in a day." Justin clapped him on his back.


       He didn't even know half of it. Blaise had not thought he would encounter the things he did today; the men. Men that resembled Daniel early this morning. The entire day flew right over his head along with all of the information he had been forced fed. He hadn't grasped the full concept of what happened today, but the suspicion of a not so legal business was there. Instead of kicking off the job today as he had been prepared for, Blaise was carted around by Daniel to meet people who were "essential" to how fast he could reach the top, as put by Mr.Saslow.


      When he walked into his office, he found it already occupied by five other men. Their ruthless demeanors screamed out as they sat at a long table with two seats left empty; one at the head and another to its right side.


      Simultaneously, the people in the room rose as if in pecking order.

 

    "Welcome, Mr. Kincaid." They addressed him as the people downstairs first had. One short man broke away from the group quickly walked to his side. "It's an honor to meet you. We've been anticipating you joining."

 

    "Excuse me?" Blaise asked as he looked between each face with a raised eyebrow. A sickening feeling fell in his stomach  from fear of the unknown. At first, he had been overwhelmed by their sudden appearance, but then names came to him with each face he saw. He remembered as a child walking through Daniel's home with the rest of the kids and coming across a wall lined with portraits of the very men before him. Darla had told each name as if it had been a lesson drilled in her head to remember.

 

     " Let's join these gentlemen Blaise." By his shoulder, Daniel led him to the empty seat allowing him to sit down first. Mr. Saslow took his place at the head, appearing as the intimidating leader role he rightfully fit.

 

      "We've waited for this day for half of our lives; most of your natural born life." He began speaking, directing the second half to Blaise.

 

      " Many people have been sought after to fill the spot you sit in now ,son. At first we had figured your father would prove to be the solution to our problem, but sadly, he himself is not fit for what we require. Thank the heavens for him having given life to you. For you are the last leg needed to help us rise and stand to our full potential. I trust in my own judgment  that you will exceed beyond my expectations as a member of the committee." Rising to his feet, Daniel stood before the room and raised his voice.

 

      " You are now truly part of The Family Blaise.  From here on out we will be part of a bond that will transcend generations.Enjoy."

 

     A roar of applause broke out in the room as a scowl showed on Blaise's face from the speech.

 

  

       Justin took note of the disheveled look painted onto his companion's face."You look like you're about to cry on me like a little bitch Blaise..."He tried lightening the mood.


      Blaise broke out into a genuine smile at Justin's little tactic." No, never that." Both men went on to their cars and drove off to a bar which they visited regularly


Ooooooooooooooooooooo


       " Hey kid, you still here?" Joseph had peeked his head into the door of the only lit room in his building. Before him, Niamh was crouched in front of a model that he had shown her earlier today. He could see the pure excitement she had for this kind of job. She was an attentive listener, and was able to make much progress during her first day. He always gave his interns a heavy workload to kind of scare them straight into knowing that if he just so happened to offer them a job, it wouldn't be a walk in the park.


      She turned around flustered at the intruding voice." Oh, Joseph. I'm sorry, I got sidetracked on my way out." She rose to her feet smoothing out her straight legged dress pants. She was dressed simply, showcasing her womanly body in the black pants and simple white and black striped top. Joseph stood wondering where he had been during the years of her growing up. He kicked himself for never keeping contact with Lorraine and her children after they were removed from his life. He felt guilty and held himself responsible for neglecting the natural instinct to check up on the small family, no matter what they had been labeled by The Family.


      Niamh grabbed her purse from the nearby table, and walked out of the room along with Joseph.


     " I've pushed you pretty hard today Niamh, have you eaten?" He asked as they took the stairs to the ground floor.


      "Goodness, I can't even remember. It wasn't on my mind for today." She said with a chuckle.


      "Don't you laugh young lady. You need to eat dinner because I am for sure that you skipped lunch. That's the problem with you young people now. You think you are invincible." He said in a concerned tone. Niamh felt her cheeks blush at his words; she has only ever heard her mother nag her for skipping meals and other things of the like. All day long, she had felt as if Joseph was taking on a role more than just a mentor, but as a reinforcing father figure in her life.


     Not that she needed one.


      Or really wanted one.


     Why would she after all of these years? She didn't need anyone coming around to play daddy for her. She has gotten by all of her life without ever once yearning to be held by a father as she sat up in hospital bed night after night; who she knew would be there whenever she needed. One that would love on her the way her mother did, teaching her and Niall things her mom may have missed. A dad that would have been there the nights she'd wake up screaming and running through the house to catch his daughter mid flight because he knew the exact moment her dreams would wake her.


     Niamh Deges was perfectly motherfucking fine.


   Just like that, her mood had fouled as she let her mind overwork itself. She looked to Joseph maliciously, though it wasn't intended for him. She could only see the dad she had a right to have as a person standing there, but who never showed up. Her vision blurred as Joseph's face disappeared and was replaced with an image out of the thousand people she has seen before. Joseph caught the look on her face, and feared that any second she'd push him down the stairs and murder him.


      "Niamh?" He asked stopping at the bottom of the staircase....for safety precautions of course. " Are you okay dear?"


       Niamh broke the ugly hold her hate had taken and answered," Huh? " She tried to pretend that she hadn't heard his question and continued on past him to the exit. Joseph had no idea about what could have caused her drop in moods that fast.


      Pulling out her cell phone, Niamh read that it said 9:37 pm. " You know what Joseph. I think I'm going to take your advice and grab something to eat. Even if it is late."


     " I'm glad to hear that. I can hear your stomach all the way over here." He chuckled as it was true. Her stomach had been noisy and disruptive, begging her to fill it up. Joseph walked with her to her car, making sure that she got in and buckled up.


      "You be careful girl, you hear me? Have a good night and I'll see you first thing in the morning."


    " Will do sir. Drive safely." Niamh cranked up her engine and backed out of the parking space. As she drove off, she looked in her rear view mirror to see Joseph still standing there. Not leaving until she made the turn out of the garage.


Ooooooooooooooooo


      Niamh walked into the bar, not really fond of drinking, but came for the amazing cheeseburger they sold.


   " Ah hell, look who it is." A voice yelled as she took a seat upon a stool at the bar. " My baby came to see daddy work tonight!" Matthew Saslow appeared in front of Niamh with a huge goofy smile on his face. He was a Casanova; constantly trying to woo Niamh at first, but once he got rejected enough times, he accepted that she had no plans to ever hook up with him and become a part of his long track record.


      "Yeah, you know I had to come check up on my boo boo." She said in a mockingly feminine voice as she laughed. Matthew reached over and grabbed her into a half hug and she kissed him on his cheek.


     "You must be in here just to watch me Niamh. You rarely by drinks from here." He said.


    " Now you know I have before. I just don't do it when I come alone Matt."


    "Yeah, yeah whatever." He said pretending to be sad. " It'll be out in shortly." He took the menu from her hands and placed it behind the counter. Niamh looked at him with an open mouth and scoffed.


     " You don't know what I want!"


    " Cheeseburger with two sides of fries and a water. I don't understand where all of that goes Nia. I've been sitting around waiting for the day I saw a little pudge come through on you."


    "Oh shut up Matthew. I only get two sides because you put ten in one!"She punched his arm.


    " Oh no no! Now you know I give you special treatment! Don't even go there." He said standing back shaking his head.


    "You right, you right. You be taking good care of me." Niamh pursed her lips. The other customers around them looked on to their light banter.


     " Oh you better stop. I have other people to take care of, stop being so selfish with me." Matthew said as he saw a new customer come to the bar for refills. He went to tend to him as he left Niamh laughing. A shiver coursed down her back as she looked around the bar. It was the kind you felt when someone was looking at you. She turned her head in the direction Matthew had gone, and saw him slapping hands with a large blonde man with a baseball cap on. His eyes were looking at her mischievously and she immediately recognized him.


     He was the big buffoon that tried to talk to her Saturday night. She wasn't surprised that two cheesy men knew each other and turned her head as her water was brought out.


     " Thank you." She said to the woman. Breaking out her straw, Niamh's thoughts floated to her mother and brother. Tonight would be the first night they would all be home together, and she didn't know what to expect. She had tried calling them, they tried calling her, but conveniently they all happened to have been "busy." Niamh was a sensitive woman; more than she led on.


     I'll go buy a cake before I go home. She thought to herself. The Deges were infamous for holding out  when mad, if she didn't stop this tonight, then it would go on for weeks. It was one of their flaws.


      She smelled her meal before she saw it, and was all too happy to finally eat.


Oooooooooooooooooooooo


    Blaise sat with a brooding look on his face as he stared at the back of Niamh's head as she ate. He had seen her from his position as soon as she got out of her car and walked into the building. He thought she looked adorable as she walked in with her hands in her pockets and her arms were drawn back into a lazy ‘v.' She made the striped shirt with brown leather patches at the elbows look entirely unnaturally sexy as she hopped up in the stool. He had heard Matt exclaim to her arrival from behind the bar as he walked to her and hugged her.


     Blaise wondered how close they were to have been so deep into conversation with each other for at least five minutes. He knew Darla's brother was a hopeless flirt, but saw that he took a different approach to Niamh.


     That was good for the both of them. Blaise had already laid his claim to her, and now Matt wouldn't have to suffer from impeding on it.


       " Yeah, Miss Beautiful is over there." Jeremy stated as he came back to the table and slid into the chair at the table." Now I'm not dumb, and I know you went off with her the other night. What's her name?" He questioned as he took a sip from his Heineken.


      Justin answered the question as he turned to see where the others' attention was." Niamh?" He said.


    Blaise narrowed his eyes slightly at Justin. He hadn't planned on actually giving Jeremy an answer.


    "Niamh? I like that." He said as he did a shake of happiness. Blaise cut him a look which was shrugged off by  Jeremy.


    " So, how was she? She looks like she can bounce that ass back." Jeremy's comments were always pretty sexual. It had settled down since boyhood, but every once in awhile it came out of him when they were in comfortable settings.


      Blaise shrugged his shoulders as he shook his own beer back and forth. He thought that was what he needed to ease himself tonight, but as soon as he took a sip from the drink, he recoiled at the taste remembering that he had never been a big drinker. Or a little one at that.


      "So, you're sleeping with your father's interns now?" Justin asked with a hint of humor in his voice. Two Kincaids? Was she that seasoned?


       " What? God, no they are too bland for me. All mechanical and shit..." Blaise said not catching the connection with Niamh.


    "But I thought he said you hooked up with Niamh?"


   " It was implied yes, but she isn't an intern." He shook his head unknowingly as he crossed his hands on top of the table.


     " Well, when I left your dad's office, she was." He said matter of factly.


      " No shit? She's working with my dad?" Blaise asked now intrigued. He looked  back to her and saw Matt wiping her face with a napkin as they chattered.


     "Funny how the universe works." He said quietly. His eyes locked on to his target as he saw her pulling out money to pay for her meal. He stood up from his chair, knowing that she was preparing to leave, and wanted to catch her before she did. Her head was casted down as he walked to her and stood. She tucked her hair behind her ear as she raised her head slowly.


     Her eyes registered Blaise when she finally looked at him head on. She ceased her movements and threw an elbow on to the back of her seat and smiled at him.


     " Blaise." She said in a low voice as they both smiled at each other.

 

End Notes:

Read/Enjoy/Review Please&Thank You =)

Chapter 9 by Inthenykoftime

 

   "We have to stop meeting like this Niamh." Blaise bored his eyes into her as he took a seat at the bar also.

 

      "It's obvious you have to quit playing and marry me already Blaise. Three times in two days? That sir, is no coincidence." Niamh's words were meant as a joke, and they both took it that way. They were ignorant to how true they actually were.

 

     Blaise stood up abruptly and pointed a thumb to the door." How about right now? We can do the damn thing this second." He playfully tugged on her arm as she burst into laughter. The others around them cranked their necks around to see what was so funny. Niamh had been unusually loud and had to cover her mouth as it died out. Seeing her reaction to him, Blaise couldn't help but to chuckle himself. He shushed her as he sat back down in the seat, pulling her by her knees into his opened legs.

 

      Niamh leaned forward and whispered to him," I think the world is trying to tell us something." Her lips were tantalizing before Blaise. The peach lipstick called for him to kiss them both into next week. He felt a gravitational pull towards her as his head tilted in closer, keeping his eyes on the succulent flesh.

 

     " What exactly is that?" The deepness of his voice nearly made Niamh's back arch. Before she could come up with an answer, in came Matthew.

 

     "Pause! You have never let me get up in your face like that baby. What's the deal?" He waved a towel in between the two lovers as he interrupted what more than likely would have turned into a full blown, clothes ripping kiss right there in public. The two were so driven by their interest in each other that they absolutely didn't give a fuck where they were.

 

      Niamh rolled her eyes as she settled back in her stool and sucked her teeth lightly at Matt. " You know you just don't do it for me Matt.... It's very rude to intrude on people having a conversation also." She batted her eyes at him.

 

     "He hasn't quite grasped that concept yet I'm afraid." Blaise nodded once to Matt.

 

      "How do you know my girl B?" Matt asked leaning on the palm of his hands at his station.

 

      " Well, it had been an unexpected meeting, but I hit it-we hit it-off pretty well." It had honestly been a slip of the tongue that he failed to salvage quick enough as he saw Matt's eyes bug out.

 

     " Say it ain't so Nia!" He asked feigning devastation. Niamh choked on the sip of water she had taken and began coughing roughly as it went down the wrong way. Blaise patted her back until she could right her breathing again.

 

      " Shit." She said under her breath as she wiped the tears that formed in her eyes. She reached for the receipt before her and jumped down from the stool."Thanks Matt, I'll see you later, okay?" She bolted out the door not waiting for a response. Blaise looked over the Justin and Jeremy and signaled his departure also with a raised hand.He wasn't going to let the beauty leave him that soon.

 

     There was a large group of people approaching the doors as Niamh went out, and he lost sight of her as they walked past him. He pushed through and looked in the direction of her car and saw her struggling to unhook her keys from her purse.

 

     He jogged to her and caught her hand before she could unlock the doors." Niamh, you don't have to be so flustered. I didn't mean to say that. I promise you." He held her hands in his as she made eye contact with him.

 

     "I'm not flustered!" She said louder than she meant to. Quieting her voice she went on. " I was just surprised. That's all. I know how Matt is and didn't feel like sitting around for his bombardment of questions."

 

     " I wouldn't have let him go too far. I've popped that kid in his mouth plenty of times, it would have been no different for you." Blaise pushed her side in the car as he descended upon her lips. The kiss wasn't soft at all, it gave her an idea of what he had in mind. Niamh pushed back in the kiss, showing her prowess to his dominance. She released his mouth and moved on to his neck, biting the area that connected to his shoulder. A grunt sounded as he pulled her back by the hair at her nape, forcing her head back to look up at him.

      "Do you know what you can do for me Blaise?" She spoke languorously . Blaise knew that she wanted him to be buried to the hilt within her. The hand tugging at the pocket so daringly close to his crotch said it all. She reached her hand in and pulled his lower half into her own. He braced one hand against the roof of the car as he cursed in his head from fighting for control over hiking her up and breaking in her front window.

 

     "You can give me a proper goodbye tonight unlike last time. We have to finish where we left off at because I was certainly not a happy woman after the high left." Niamh couldn't believe she had actually admitted to the intensity that their first time had given her. She never let on verbally to how much she enjoyed sex to other men, this was the first.

 

     " Would you rather I follow you home?" Blaise asked as the intoxication of her scent sent him reeling.

 

    "That wouldn't exactly be ideal..."

 

    " Keep up with me. I'm not slowing down for you." He growled into her ear as he bit the lob and walked to his car across the lot. Niamh giggled as she slid into her seat and placed the key in the ignition. By the time she turned her lights on, she saw Blaise peel out of the parking lot already with a head start.

 

     She wasn't far behind. She crossed her fingers that there were no police in their path, because they were both breaking laws with no care to stop.

 

Ooooooooooooo

 

     Blaise and Niamh played car tag the entire way to his house. He would veer off on to roads leaving her sight, only to appear out of nowhere and toy around with her.

 

     Now they raced up his steep front steps, pulling on each other to be the first to his door. Niamh exploded past him only to be picked up by her waist and carried the rest of the way like a sack. Blaise saw his next door neighbor's lights turn on at the sound of her shrieks. He felt bad for their kids. They would have a hard time going back to sleep if the noises from his house woke them up.

 

     Unlocking his door, he righted Niamh around onto her feet as he closed the door with a push of his foot. Niamh stepped back from him, taking off her black pumps. She no longer stood eye leveled with him, and stood on her tiptoes to capture his lips. Blaise began walking both of them into the living room, running into the couch they tumbled over the arm.

 

     The fall didn't break their kiss as Niamh swiftly wrapped her legs around his waist as he pushed them back up. She held on with her arms and legs as he stood again and palmed her ass through the tight pants. Blaise ran his warm hands along the underside of her shirt as he rode up on her back. His hand went for her bra strap, but was pushed back down as Niamh jumped from his arms.

 

      "You don't get to undress me." She said with a devilish grin. Blaise was prepared to argue, but was stopped as he felt his belt being torn from his pants.

 

     He looked to Niamh, only to see her tossing the belt off to the side as she went in again, this time for his suit jacket. She managed to pull it halfway off, but Blaise defended himself against her small victory.

 

     " You're too big for your britches if you think I'm going to let you do that sweetheart." He reached out to her, but she dodged him and ran.

 

    "Niamh!" He yelled after her.

 

    A meal was always better after you worked hard to capture it. He saw her slip into his bedroom and smiled at the push and pull game she was setting up. When Blaise entered the dark room, he saw no sign of Niahm.

 

     "It's not that big in here, I'm going to find you." He whispered as he checked behind the door.

 

     Nothing was there.

 

     Looking to his high sitting bed, Blaise lowered his body down and through up the skirt to see if she had hidden herself under there. To his disappointment.

 

   There really weren't many places to hide in his simple room design. It was a completely open space where nothing could go missed....

 

     Niamh sprung from beside his chest of drawers-the only place in the bedroom that could shield her-and tackled Blaise down onto the bed. She turned around and perched herself above his chest, pinning him to the bed. He struggled against her as she unbuttoned his pants and slid them down his thighs. They were strong powerful things that flexed as he caused tension around the bottom of his legs, making it hard for her to push the pants any further.

 

     " I can't believe this shit!" He shouted.

 

     "You better not kick me motherfucker!" Niamh looked over her shoulder at the man beneath her. She jumped surprised as she felt a tickling at the crack of her ass. Blaise gathered himself onto all fours as Niamh assumed the same position. They stalked each other around the king sized bed.  Blaise reared back and caught her leg before she could roll off of the bed from his reach. He dragged a laughing Niamh to him and pushed both of her legs back behind her head. He leaned down to her and bit her bottom lip .

 

    Niamh yelped from the pressure of his heavy body on top of hers. Her legs weren't strong enough to force him back, and she nearly exhausted herself from the effort.

 

     "Talk your shit now." He said.

 

    Niamh had no idea what to do to get her out of his hold, so she began tapping her forehead against his. Both of their eyes blinked from her awkward attack and he finally fell back as she gave a good knock to his head.Blaise moaned as he rubbed his head, trying to ease the stinging. When he finally looked back to Niamh, he saw her bent over holding her head in pain also.

 

       "Miscalculation?" He asked her as he shook off the dizzy spell.

 

      " No, I got you off." She said, refusing to back down as she looked up with a radiant smile. Blaise couldn't stop his from forming also as he saw the patch of skin reddening from her hit. There was a split second of silence as they stared at each other, anticipating the next move. Raising to her knees, she waddled toward Blaise, at first making him jump as he expected she had a trick up her sleeve.

 

    But there wasn't one.

 

    In that moment, there had been an internal call to the man as she moved towards him. "We could make this work Blaise." She cupped his jaw in her hands as she stood above him. His hands went to rub her hips, sending tingles throughout her body.

 

     " I'm sorry?"

 

     "Sex. We could make a relationship built off of sex for us. I've only been with you once, but I can't shake the idea of having you for when nothing else will do."

 

    " Niamh, things like that do not always work out. I'm afraid you'll catch feelings for me and I'll have to break your heart." He teased.

 

     "I'm not looking for you to love me Blaise. What I want for you to do is unexplainable, really." She lightly slapped his cheek.

 

     They were both conflicted with the urge to possess the other. They had no idea how to label it exactly. Like Niamh, he felt that the charge between them was incomprehensive at the time. He knew that he had been searching for someone to bring out a feeling in him like never before. Love was what he thought it was. True soul penetrating love for another being is what he wanted. Looking into Niamh's eyes, he saw that wasn't what she must have been thinking. He thought his idea was too farfetched, and bit his tongue to refrain from uttering the word to her afraid of running her off, and ruining what he could possibly have with her.

 

     "I know what  you mean."He murmured into the crook of her neck. Niamh's eyes widened in happiness at his words.

 

      "Are you willing to go into an agreement with me Blaise?" She went to his bedside drawer and opened it. In there she found a pad of paper and an old sharpie. " We're going to write this down okay?" She said as she scribbled out ink in an attempt to get the marker working. Her hand flew across the paper as she wrote out the "contract."

 

      Blaise calmly watched her, all the while feeling weary on the inside. Did he really want to give his word to limiting what he wanted to make with her? Was it in his best interest to, figuratively speaking, lock her into something that even she knows she can't get out of?

 

      " No time limit." He declared. She broke though and looked to him and shrugged her shoulders.

 

     "Until we find someone who we want..er....love." She added as she continued writing." I don't think we should put each other through the agony of love until we are ready.We must respect the other's decision to be with the person that brings them love." Finishing her writing, he saw her draw her signature across the bottom of the paper, and pressed it to him.

 

     " Read it if you want to." She looked over him as his eyes scanned the paper. Niamh bit the sides of her cheeks as she watched him contemplate as he tapped the sharpie against the paper.

 

     " Oh what the hell." Blaise signed his name fragrantly across the page as he tossed it onto the ground.

 

     "Be careful!" She scolded him.

 

    Blaise picked her up and threw Niamh below him, and began to pull her clothes off

 

Oooooooooooo

 

     The sound of an alarm woke Niamh from the soundest sleep of her life. The ache in her arms and between her legs brought a smile to her face as she thought back to the many times she and Blaise wrestled for control last night. He had managed to compel her body to do things she never thought possible, and those moments would stay with her forever. She could feel the scratchiness in her voice from screaming her wanton cries for Blaise to keep doing what he was doing.

 

      At least three times his neighbors had called over asking for them to be quiet. They both would laugh while Blaise didn't break his stroke deep into her as their  voices would play over the answering machine. Pushing her body up on to her forearms, ruffling the mess of hair covering her face, Niamh looked to Blaise laying with the covers thrown off of his entire body. She was free to see the glory of his body as he stretched before her.

 

     " You. Are.....ugly in the morning." He greeted her slyly.  She went against her urge to give him the middle finger, but she knew how right it was, Some thing prevented her from even caring how she looked.

 

    "Could you cover yourself sir? How ridiculous...." She said putting a pillow over his body.

 

    "Don't give me that. It's ridiculous that you've made the Whitmans hate me. How am I going to face their kids again?" He asked.

 

     Niamh laid her head on his delicate chest and rubbed a finger in the space between his eyebrows. " I have work. Soon." Climbing over him, she didn't bother taking her weight off of him as she stood up. Lifting her hands above her head, Niamh stretched as she gathered her clothing around the room. A light tap on her behind startled her, almost causing her to tip over as she searched for her underwear. She pulled her bra and shirt over her head, looking perplexed with her hands on her hips.

 

      "Uh uh." Blaise shook his head before she even got the words out.

 

        "Blaise those are my good underwear too! You can't take them from me. I guess I'll start wearing old raggedy granny panties around you."

 

        " That will not be acceptable." He laughed strutting past her to the bathroom." You better hurry up Niamh. My dad is pretty punctual with his time.

 

     Niamh pulled her pants up and buttoned them." Your Dad? What makes you think I need to get to him?" She asked curiously crossing her hands across her chest.

 

     " You didn't think I wouldn't find out about you working with us?" He hollered as he started up the shower.

 

      "Well, I guess it was pretty unrealistic to think you never would." Niamh went and stood at the door way as she watched him climb into the shower." I hope you won't tell him I spent the night with his son."

 

      "Trust me. He will not find out anything he doesn't need to know."

 

     Niamh thought about how horrible it would be if Joseph found out about her and Blaise. She surely didn't need for him to think that she was sleeping her way into a position with them.

 

      "Will you go on?!"

 

     Before leaving, she shut out the light in the bathroom, and walked away from the voice of Blaise yelling after her. She slipped back into her shoes and headed to her car to go home and do a quick fix up.

 

    Home.

 

 

    "Fuck."  She thought.

 

      She had completely forgotten about clearing the air with her brother and mother. Pulling out her phone, she saw that she had no missed calls at all. Trying her luck, she pressed her home number speed dial, and waited for any sound of them.

 

     " Hello?" Niall's voice came through.

 

     "Niall? Are you guys up?" She asked timidly.

 

    "Jesus Nia. Where have you been? Are you on your way home?" He asked as a wave relief came over him. He knew just how deep Niamh could get into her emotions if she were left alone, and had been terrified out of his mind to hear that even for one day, she hadn't been seen or heard from by any of the friends he had thought to call.

 

     "Yes. I still have to go to work today. Is Mama there?"

 

     " She's sitting right here. Niamh, you know that we didn't mean to come at you like that-"

 

      "Yeah." Niamh cut him off, not wanting to hear the rest."I'll be home in a bit."

 

      She could hear her brother let go of a deep breath knowing how uneasy his sister became when people tried to apologize to her." You know how much we love you Nia."

 

     It broke her heart to think that her family suspected her of losing the love she had for them because she was ‘upset.'

 

      " Of course I know Niall. I love you both to death. Save this sappy shit for some other time okay? I gotta go."

 

     They said their goodbyes to one another, and Niamh tossed her phone into the passenger seat. Rolling down all of her windows, she let the misty morning air caress her face as she got onto the highway toward her house.

 

End Notes:

Read/Enjoy/Review 

 

I may push out a chapter or two during the week since I'll become busy again Until then!

Chapter 10 by Inthenykoftime

     Niamh felt her key become one with the lock of her door.Closing her eyes for a moment, she prayed for peace once she stepped past the threshold. The door had barely been opened an inch before she felt the urgent jerk by her mother. She stood there swallowed in one of Niamh's large sweatshirts, pulling her daughter into her bosom tightly, keeping her from moving.

 

     "Mom, I can't breathe." Niamh stuttered from the chokehold she had.

 

     Without letting her go, Lorraine took her keys from the door and slammed it shut, dragging Niamh's body over to the couch to sit. She cradled the grown woman like an infant looking down at her face as she stroked the flushed cheeks.

 

      "I have and will live my whole life in honor of you Nia baby. I will defend you at all costs my child,even if it seems harsh. That means keeping things away from you, shielding you. There are somethings that I just couldn't fathom to bother you with at this point in your life. I know you are excited out your ass to work for Mr. Kincaid now. It's my job to warn you of danger that I see that may be invisible to you. I am in complete mama bear mode; I will murder anyone who shouldn't be near you."

 

     "I know that Mama."Niamh relaxed in her arms.

 

      "Do you?"

 

       "Yes. I would never put myself into a situation I couldn't get out of, at least not on purpose. I've been able to live the way I have because of that."

 

     " Whatever mindset you've had has got to go. Like I said before, I should have been dragging you into the house by your hair when I knew you were being grown.This Blaise kid is no one that you need to get wrapped up in." Lorraine could feel the energy flowing between her daughter and Joseph's son. It was the same thing that had them running for their lives all of those years ago.

 

    She couldn't allow Niamh to fall for any of the bullshit he may throw her way. If he was anything like his father, she knew Niamh would be drawn to the majestic nature of Blaise.

 

     "There you go sounding just like your son." Pushing her mother's arms from her, Niamh sat up and moved to another cushion on the couch." I'm not wreckless mom. I can't help but feel like you think I lay on my back with my legs up. I had sex with Blaise, okay?" Niamh thought that was what she had wanted her to say. Just to get it over with.

 

     " Don't talk to her like that Nia..." She heard Niall before she saw him. Realizing that her voice had raised while she was speaking, she reigned herself in not wanting to go too far.

 

     " You've been waiting for me to say that haven't you? Let's just say it how it is. "

 

    "Don't bring that shit in here! We weren't trying to fix things like this.I'm sorry for how I acted. I don't know what else to tell you."

 

    " That's all that I wanted. I'm not as heartless as I seem, some shit actually gets to me."

 

     "I'm not apologizing for anything.I hope that somehow I struck something within you. I never thought to teach you who to stay away from, I thought there was no possible way for them to touch anyone of us again. I see that I was wrong...." Lorraine stood up and walked to the kitchen shaking her head.

 

      " Joseph? Nothing could be that serious in the world for you to hold a grugde against the man mom. Let that go, or it will kill you." Niamh sighed.

 

     " You don't know anything about why I feel the way I do about him. Granted he wasn't as vile as the others--"

 

     "Then why don't you just tell me!"

 

      "Drop it Niamh!" Niall hollered coming to his sister and jerking her up by the elbow." Fuck. He helped put us out on our asses with nothing. You don't remember it Nia, but you just have to trust what we say. That dickwad Blaise will just fuck you around."

 

    " I'm not marrying him! Stopping pairing me with him." Her eyes looked deadly into Niall's. The hold on her arm was actually becoming uncomfortable. Violently ripping it from him, her heart fell as the peace she had hoped to make was long gone. The blaring sound of her alarm warning her an hour before work went off, halting any words she had planned to say. Pulling it out of her pocket, she killed the screaming. Shaking her had Niamh licked her lips and ran a hand across the back of her hot neck.The drive to work alone took at the most thirty five minutes, and she knew just how slow she could be when getting ready.

 

    Swinging her arms in front of her, she clapped her hands as she started towards her room.

 

     "I can smell him on you." Her mother's voice spoke weakly as she watched on as Niamh faltered a step and whipped her head around to her. This time, her words hadn't come out in an accusing tone, but a knowing one. A sad one.

 

    A helpless one.

 

     " You think this is nothing Niamh, but you'll see." Pools of water settled along her bottom eye lids when she turned away to disappear into the kitchen.

 

     Niamh was speechless having absolutely nothing to say to her words.Her chest felt constricted as she avoided crying in anger because of the obvious thoughts they have harbored for years on her relationship with a man. Niamh thought herself bulletproof to people's judgements of her.

 

     Tightening her lips she released a deep breath slamming the door behind her.

 

oooooooooooooo

 

    Joseph walked down the hallway of his company, admiring everything he had created. No one could take that away from him. All of this had been born from his own mind.

 

    The Family would say different.

 

    To them, Joseph and his talent were just another part of their power. The owned him, and he couldn't deny it.

 

    That didn't mean that he couldn't ignore their claim on his life.

 

     They manipulated him much to his dislike to set their plans up. It was a disgusting job, making him antsy. He hadn't expected to be thrown into a tank full of sharks by Daniel, and he knew better than to voice that he wanted an out to it all. Joseph made sure to never keep himself in one area of the building for too long. He never wanted to be found by any of the tentacles of The Family in a place that was supposed to be his own personal sanctuary. He rarely answered the phone in his office, prefferring to have any messages he recieved relayed to him face to face from his secratary.

 

    Of course there were some numbers that would mean death to ignore. reluctantly he would pick up the phone, but only then.

 

     "Good evening Mr. Kincaid." Two passing ladies greeted him. He was able to smile at their words, knowing that they weren't said because they were programmed to be. Daniel had always made sure that anyone that entered the company was first screened and chosen by himself. Joseph had thought nothing more than him trying to help him out, letting him put his focus on other things. 

 

     He realized long ago how wrong he had been. It had been impossible to get to know any of his employees. They avoided him like the plague always being the subservient people someone had told them to be.

 

    He hated that kind of atmosphere and had taken it upon himself to hire people on his own volition. He had successfully brought in dozens of people without a peep from Daniel. He didn't know whether that was because he planned to lay off of the Apex, or if his time had become completely dedicated to the fast pace that The Family's plans had taken up lately.

 

     Whatever it was, he was overjoyed to have control of something once again. His change in loyalty had not gone unnoticed by the higher ranking members. Joseph preffered to keep his status low within the group. He knew he had been looked over by the head six to complete their table long ago. Blaise was their new focus, and he feared that more than anything.

 

    Blaise had never been exposed to what went on behind closed doors, but now there was no way to sheild his son from them. If they wanted to, they could have him disappear and Blaise would never have room to wonder where his father went. Just as he did with his mother. It would be a prevalent thought for sometime, but soon the memory of him could--would-- vanish.

 

    He couldn't keep his mother's memory alive strong enough for Blaise, at least not the good. He rarely heard his son utter any words of her since he was five. He never wanted Blaise to lose sight of him because of these people. Joseph couldn't imagine what it would be like to have no one on the outside to touch.

 

     Walking past a sitting room, the sight of a figure caught his eye. Niamh. Backing up, he watched her as she sat quietly eating her lunch alone. Since she came back Monday, her demeanor had been very subdued. The little conversation she held with him had no substance. He wanted to ask if everything was okay at home, but knew that it would be overstepping boundaries.

 

     Joseph hoped desparately that somehow he could bring her and Blaise together in some way. She was the only person untouched by The Family who he trusted to be with Blaise.

 

     Knocking lightly on the door, he leaned in as he startled her.

 

     " Joseph." She said, wiping her face and turning to him. Her eyes held a sad gaze that he couldn't ignore.

 

     " I hope your first full week just interning has made you look so run down already." Coming to the table, he pulled out a chair and sat down crossing his legs.

 

     "Hush, I don't look that bad. Just a little roughed up." She joked lightly.

 

     "All week? You can't let things get to you for that long, it just may kill you."

 

     Niamh's eyes rose to the familiar words that she had said to her mother earlier this week. She tilted her head, trying to make up her mind to say the words she was dying for an answer to from Joseph.

 

     Closing her food container she cleared her throat finally finding the moxy to ask Joseph of his relationship with her mother.

 

     " I've pretty much picked up on the fact that you and my mother know each other. She hasn't been the same since she met you, my brother either. What is it about you that they can't stop thinking of you Joseph? I've seen the picture of Niall in your office. Can you explain it?"

 

    Joseph couldn't lie that he was prepared for what she had said. Lorraine really hasn't told her of him.By the hard look on her face, maybe she had been opened up to only the negative things, which he didn't blame Lorraine.

 

    He knew he couldn't find his way through this with charming words to her. She was not simple and deserved more than evading the conversation.

 

     "We were friends when we were younger."

 

     "Something like that?" She said.

 

     Jospeh shrugged his shoulders and nodded yes. Friends. Each others halfs. They had been a lot to each other.

 

     " Something like that." He agreed.

 

     "School?"

 

      "Yes, Lorraine was a couple of years behind me." He said with a faint smile remember their days in high school.

 

     Niamh nodded her head and sat back in her seat crossing her arms. She raised an eyebrow having come up with a suggestion." You two were an item?" She asked slowly.

 

     Joseph's face reddened at the rhetorical question." We were, well. Your mother and I had..." He stumbled over his words. His phone went off saving him from the difficult question.

 

     The screen read Blaise and Joseph stood to excuse himself." I'm sorry Niamh sweetheart. It's my son. I'll see you around later." With that, he swiftly walked out of the room saying hello to the person on the other end.

 

      She was left alone with her thoughts.They knew each other from high school, and they both act like heart broken people when I bring the other up around either one of them.

 

    Joseph seemed to take a liking to both her and her brother. Niall. Mom had him when she was twenty, that's not that far from high school age.They would have still been in contact, right?

 

    She didn't get a chance to linger on the thought for long as Blythe called through on her cell phone.

 

     "Hello?" She answered after digging it from her pants pocket.

 

     " Hello dahling. Are you being a hermit once again this week?" In the background, Niamh could hear the rush of traffic around Blythe as she took her usual lunch stroll.

 

     " I'm such a slob when I eat. You know I have to unbutton my pants to eat and I can't do that in public." She heard Blythe's healthy laugh.

 

    "I just don't see how you haven't found a work buddy there after a whole week. Stop being so bougie."

 

     "I am not bougie Blythe. I just haven't had the time to be all up in someone's face yet."

 

    "Don't have the time? More like haven't put forth the effort to. Girl, you're going to die with only your mama, your brother, and me at your funeral."

 

    Niamh rolled her eyes at her friend's words. Niamh wasn't that against other people. She had acquaintances, but no friends on the level that Blythe is on.

 

    "You are so over the top. Tyrell would be there."

 

    "Yeah to hop in for one more freak before you got too smelly."

 

     " What about Nelly? We're cool aren't we?"

 

     " She'd come to make sure you were cool after stealing Bailey from her. Trust me Nia. I know what I'm talking about. You used to be a stone cold bitch man. I'm glad you kept your witch ways away from the guys I dated."

 

     Niamh cringed at her bringing up her sticky past. Yes, she had seen no limits to anyone she had wanted. She had slowed down some since then. She knew no amount of apologizing could truly clear the air with the girls she had stepped over when she was younger. Somehow, someway, she had been blessed enough to have met people who were bigger than her and able to to accept her apologies and give her a small dose of friendship. She really had no idea why. If it were her, she would have wiped her hands of a person like her long ago.

 

   "And then let's not forget Tasha!"

 

   "Okay, okay I'm feeling woozy now you can stop. I'll pay my dues when I die." She said cryptically.

 

    " Oh shut it Nancy! I don't want to hear that shit. You know I'm just playing with you." Niamh couldn't take anything said to her lightly lately.

 

    "Yeah." Cleaning up her area, Niamh stood against the table getting ready to go back to her work.

 

    " Are you still having dinner with me tonight?" Blythe asked.

 

    " I haven't been looking forward to anything else all day." She said with a smile. 

 

     " Good, I'll have your plate warmed sugar. Don't leave me waiting around."

 

     " You just make sure it's how I like girl." They gave their partings on the phone and Niamh headed towards the door turning out the lights behind her.

 

ooooooooooooooooo

 

     Walking up the stairs to Blythe's apartment, Niamh could smell something burnt in the air. She heard a firealarm beeping from one of the places as she walked down the hallway.

 

     Seeing it was Blythe's door wide open, she sped up her steps panicking to what she would find on the inside.

 

     "Blythe? What's going on?" Through the door, she saw a pan go flying into the trashcan and a coughing Blythe.

 

      "The chicken and rice are inedible." She said with a sheepish smile.

 

      Letting out a loud breath, Niamh leaned up against the door exhausted.

 

      "Bring your ass. You will feed me one way or another tonight." They both laughed and coughed from the smoke in the house. 

 

     " Okay, let me go change so I don't smell like smoke." Racing to her bedroom Blythe quickly got ready. Niamh went ahead and tied the trashbag with the ruined food to take it down. In two minutes, Blythe walked past her to the door.

 

    " I'm feeling like the most expensive thing in town tonight." Niamh said aloud tapping her chin in thought.

 

    " Well as long as it takes more than thirty minutes for our food to come out and it ends up free, you can have whatever you want." Blythe said under her breath locking her door.

 

    Niamh hit her in the butt with the hot trash, making her jump.

 

oooooooooooooooooooooooo

 

 

 

End Notes:

Read/Enjoy/Review =)

Chapter 11 by Inthenykoftime

   Sweat ran down the back of Blaise's neck as he slid off into a single stalled bathroom, locking the door behind him. He moved as far as possible from the door, not wanting to be heard as he dialed his father's number. Loosening his tie, he took in more air to soothe the itch in his throat.

 

    He looked to the door as he heard the men that were just in the room with him make their leave. Upon hearing that the meeting had been finished, he had been the first to bolt from the room and look for a safe cover.

 

    Terrorists.

 

     Fucking homegrown terrorists.

 

     Bile rose in his throat as the line seemed to take hours to reach his father.

 

     He bent over resting his forehead against his knees as he slid to the dirty floor. Blaise felt overheated and too afraid to move because of the urge to vomit. 

 

     "Pick up. Pick up." He chanted quietly. He needed to speak to his dad. Tell him what Daniel was. Could he have known what The Family really meant? There was no way that his father could associate with such dangerous acts.

 

    "What is it?" Joseph finally answered.

 

     "Dad? You have got to fucking tell me that I'm out of my mind right now, okay?" He said into the phone.

 

     "Let up off of the phone I can't hear you well. Where are you?" The phone line was crackling telling of a bad connection.

 

     " At work. In the bathroom. But that doesn't matter right now." Blaise stood up shaking out his arms and legs as they fell asleep. He saw light spots as he blinked rapidly trying to clear his vision.

 

     " It came out of no where dad. They were talking about hot spots and centers and all kinds of shit today."

 

    Joseph's stomach dropped at the terms his son used." Slow down, who was talking about this?" His temple thumped at the thought that Daniel had crossed him on his son. Of all things, that was all he had asked for Daniel to listen to him on.

 

    " Daniel!  Him and these other men were there telling me things going right over my head.--"

 

    "Who are you speaking to in there son?" Daniel's voice boomed past the door startling Blaise as his phone flew from his hands, coming apart on the ground. The door popped open even though Blaise knows he had double checked to make sure the door was indeed locked. He saw the master key slip into Daniel's pocket. A key that only Blaise should have.

 

     "Excuse me?" He asked gathering himself. He turned away to fix his tie as he leaned over to pick up the pieces of his phone. When he stood back up, Daniel had advanced quickly on him from behind.

 

    "Was that your dad?" Daniel tilted his head to one side holding a slight smile, but his eyes showed no sign of amusement.

 

    " Were you eavesdropping at the door? Good thing I hadn't been taking a shit." Blaise couldn't find it in him to speak to this man with the original amount of respect he once had for him.

 

    Daniel made a sound of hurt as he tsked. " It was just a question. Don't be so defensive."

 

    "If I were talking to my father then I would have no reason to hide that which means I would never be defensive Danny." He saw that his use of the nickname didn't sit well with the older man as he took a step closer.

 

    "This whole attitude change is too teenage girlish for me. Darla gave me this headache years ago."

 

     "Honestly Daniel, you've brought this upon me. How do you think I am supposed to act after learning that you kill people in the name of some--"

 

   A hand went to his throat trapping the words there. Daniel banged his head against the hard wall behind him, without removing his other hand out of his pocket.

 

    " You have so much potential...purpose with us Blaise. Say too much and you'll end up on the same route as your father." Daniel ran a thumb along the place of Blaise's trachea. The hit on his head had been enough for Blaise's already dizziness to keep him from exploding on the man threatening his life right before him.

 

   Releasing him, Daniel left the bathroom leaving him behind. What was he turning into? Allowing a man to "punk" him this way? 

 

    Blaise couldn't put up a front. He was terrified of what he had been put into. He lost the grip on his stomach and had to rush into the stall, spilling out the tension that his fear had caused in his body.

 

   " You okay man?" Justin had been on the other side of the door, having avoided being seen by Daniel on his way out. He had caught brief snippets of what was said. Especially the part where Blaise accused him of killing out loud.

 

    "I'm fine. Really." Blaise stayed above the toilet bowl dripping more sweat.

 

    "Hey thanks, now I don't have to go find my bucket." Justin stepped closer into the bathroom.

 

     "Shut the fuck up." Blaise laughed with not a bit of humor. He turned on the sink faucet and flushed his face with water.

 

    " What was that about huh?"

 

    Blaise ripped a paper towl from the dispenser patting his face dry.

 

     " I think I've made an enemy my good friend."

 

      "How is that possible, didn't he change your diapers?"

 

     Walking past him, Blaise laughed lightly as he shook his head. " Well, he must have got some shit on them, because I don't see him being so caring now."

 

     "Well if someone accused me of being a murder...." Justin left the line open as he saw the tension in Blaise's jaw.

 

    " I guess it's safe to say that being nosy isn't very benefitial."

 

    " Well, I'm sure you were speaking my language and that is what I heard."

 

    " Trust me, I don't think you would want to know this language if you knew what it meant."

 

    Justin came to a stop at his working supplies letting Blaise go on past him to the elevators.

 

    " Oh really?" He called.

 

    " Yes, really. I barely understand what's being said, so how could you?" Blaise stepped onto the elevator and pressed his floor.

 

    Justin crooked his mouth as he watched the doors close." I can translate more than you can kid. You're just now catching on."

 

oooooooooooooooooooooo

 

    Niamh sliced through her hearty salad as she laughed at  Blythe and her antics.

 

    " So, how's mama dukes doing?" She asked her slowing down Niamh's chewing at the mention of her mother.

 

   " I'm not sure. I've been away."

 

    "What do you mean? It's your place isn't it? You're not the guest. They kicking you out?"

 

    "No stupid. It's possible that one of us will end up missing if we're all in the same room for too long."

 

    "Whatever, I know how you Deges are. It will blow over." Blythe took a bite of her steak as she twirled her fork in Niamh's direction.

 

    "You said that last week. Look what's still going on."

 

   "Seriously? You never even told me why they are being so salty. Hurry up and give me a valid reason to frown at them." Blythe practised the various disapproval looks she could give to Lorraine and Niall the next time she saw them.

 

    "Getting in my business. Messing up my flow." Niamh stuffed her mouth with more food.

 

    " Over a man? Now they want to get involved?!"

 

   Niamh cut her a look that quickly had her saying oops as she covered her mouth.

 

   "You're walking on thin ice there." Niamh said calmly studying her food.Shit. Who else thinks this way about me?

 

     "It's not like they called you a ho...."

 

    "Might as well have." Raising her eyes she looked at her friend as she reached out to grab her free hand that had began tapping on the table top from agitation.

 

    " That can't be true..."

 

     " Niall told me I should have stay off of my back." The words crawled their way out of her throat. She set down her losing the will to keep on eating.

 

    Blythe's eyes narrowed as her lip curled back." He has nerve now doesn't he? It's only because you're a female that they would even fix their lips to say that. Did you bring up the fact that his shit smells no different from yours?"

 

   "Blythe...what would have been the point?" Niamh asked.

 

    "To defend yourself! You don't bring up a person's past to use it against them. That's why it's there and not a part of the present."

 

    " It's not all that innocent of a past. They've never done this before so it's coming full force at me."

 

    " That doesn't matter Nia. You're their blood. If they thought it so bad, then they should have stepped in and helped you."

 

    "You think I had an issue?" Niamh questioned wearily. Two opinions was one thing, but could Blythe feel the same way as them? She was too tired to have to hear it from someone else.

 

    She sat back meekly and took a long drink of her tea. She eyed Niamh, and made sure to touch anything that she could to delay her answering her best friend. She admitted that Niamh had a reputation that she wouldn't necessarily have been proud of. Blythe can't name one person that she associated with like Niamh...or rather the old Niamh.

 

   " Oh damn." Niamh brought her elbows to the table and buried her face into her hands.

 

    "Well don't fret over it now. It's over and done with."

 

    " I can count on my hand how many people I've been with." Niamh said.

 

    " What? Are you an octopus?"

 

    "Blythe!"

 

    " I'm just saying. Yeah you could count on a hand for maybe just how many a week..." 

 

    "No..." Niamh groaned out of embarrassment laying her head on the table.

 

    " Sit up now, we're in public. Act like you've been taught." Blythe scolded her as she playful tapped Niamh and looked around hoping to loosen her up a bit.

 

    Walking out arm in arm, the two ladies leaned on each other as they headed to Niamh's car.

 

     "I am going to destroy this blondie Blythe, I don't think you even understand it."

 

    "I'm glad I bought a second." Blythe rubbed her belly threw her flowing top.

 

    "You'll have food coming out your nose." Niamh said pinching it.

 

    "I'm going to be in the bathroom all night." She said into Niamh's hair.

 

    She pushed her away speed walking to the car and locking her out. Blythe tapped on the door as she stood outside cussing Niamh out. As she giggled, her phone ring showing an unknown number.

 

     "Hello?"

 

      " Come to my house. Now."

 

       The sound of Blaise was surprising seeing as how they had never exchanged numbers. 

 

      " May I ask who's calling?"

 

     " Niamh." He growled

 

     "Yes, this is she."

 

     " Niamh!"

 

     " Okay, I can be there in a little while. Can you control yourself until then?"

 

     " I'm going to close my eyes and when I open them, you should be knocking at my door." He hung up the phone without waiting for her reply.

 

     "Well..." Putting her phone down, she opened the door for Blythe.

 

     "Hell, someone could have came along and mugged me or stolen me."

 

     "Do you think you could step back out to see if that second one will come true?"

 

     " Absolutely not! Who were you talking to bitch?" Niamh put the car in reverse and hit Blythe in the back of her head.

 

      " The reason for me breaking my unwanted celibacy thing."

 

    Blythe's mouth dropped open as she stared at Niamh. She snapped her fingers as she spoke," Tell me about this one so that I can coach you through this."

 

ooooooooooooooooooo

 

     They laid in his bed, wearing only their flesh. Blaise had immediately pulled her into his chest as soon as he opened his front door to see her face. He had shut off every light in his home, and the sight of her had made a part of his soul light up today.

 

    "Hard day?" Niamh asked quietly in the darkness. All of her other senses were heightened with the lights off. She could feel Blaise like never before. This was the first time that they had been so close--skin to skin-- and not had sex. It was something new to her. Men were rushing to get her screaming their name when her clothes came off. Blaise had confused her as he silently undressed them both and just laid down on the bed.

 

    She had stood there awkwardly at first, not understanding what was happening.

 

     "It was a trying day I must say. I haven't spoken to you all week."

 

      " It's funny how as soon as we make an agreement to see each other, we don't. What would make you seem so dejected?" Niamh wasn't going to allow him to manipulate the conversation. He shrugged his shoulders not wanting to bitch to her about his problems, even though he felt like she was the person to do it to. If he got into the habit of talking things out now, he wasn't sure just what he could and couldn't say to her that stayed in the lines of their relationship.

 

    "So tell me now."

 

    He bent his neck to look at her, moving some fallen hair from her ponytail out of the way. Today her hair wasn't it's usual straight self. It was coarser and curlier than before. He found himself smitten by her fresh look.

 

    "You get placed with the people in your life for a reason. God has a plan for you and it involves them right?"

 

     "You can say that."

 

    " I've always thought that. I've had a fantastic life. Have been blessed too many times for me to count. I've been blessed by not so godly people though. The irony of that."

 

    "They aren't the ones blessing you Blaise."

 

    "They've provided me with everything that has made my life well off. Shit, beyond that. I always said thank you. Showed my appreciation for everything I was rewarded with, everything I earned. Today, I want to give it all back. Right now."

 

    Niamh waited for Blaise to continue on, coming up to lie shoulder to shoulder with him.

 

    " Have you done something wrong?"

 

    " No..." He wasn't quite sure of how true his answer was. There is no way that all of the good he had done for bad was qualified as right. Even if it was unknowingly. Just what had he contributted to The Family's terrorizing?

 

    " Don't be so hesitant. It's yes or no. You know if you've done something wrong. God knows. If it's something you have to consider then maybe you need to speak to Him about it. There is no standing on a fence here." She said bluntly.

 

     " No. I don't know if I've done something wrong."

 

     "See there--"

 

      " But what about the people around you Nia? If they're engaged in unlawful things and you've been dragged along in it all, do you become one of them automatically?"

 

    The silence prickeled in the room as he waited for an answer.

 

    He could feel her turn to look at him, even though he couldn't see it.

 

     " You become an unsuspecting victim."

 

     " I'm the victim to a lot of things then Nia. Everything I thought I knew about the only people I've held in my heart...my whole life... is invalid now. Null. Do you know what it's like to see everyone you know in a different light?"

 

    The intensity of his words stung Niamh's heart. She didn't know him well enough to know exactly what it was he was talking of, or even to guess it. She could understand feeling decieved by loved ones. Being sheltered off from things they never tried to explain before unleashing it suddenly.

 

    " It makes you reevaluate yourself." She said.

 

    Blaise didn't feel like revising every move he has ever made in life. He couldn't stomach finding out that he was in as deep waters as Daniel; the men who pulled him by invisible straps to bend at their will.

 

     "That's tiring."

 

     "But sometimes worthwhile."

 

      Saying no more, pulled her by her hip, having her against every groove of his body as they fell asleep on top of their burdens

Chapter 12 by Inthenykoftime
Author's Notes:

Welp Welp.....

    Niamh buried her face further into the deep sheets of Blaise's bed. There was an insistent tug on the comforter she gripped tightly around her head.  She was one move away from socking Blaise if he didn't stop messing with her while she tried to sleep. Her body naturally woke up early on the weekends, and she could still feel another good hour of sleep if he would just stop....

 

    " I don't have the strength to fight you right now please leave me alone." She spoke slowly to him, hoping that he would give in to her request.

 

     "Fight? Blaise!" A female voice made Niamh's eyes bug out from their sockets as she registered the woman...not Blaise. Fuck. She cursed as she took her time sitting up. She saw no need to fly off into a frenzy at being caught in a taken man's bed. It wasn't unfamiliar territory for her. 

 

    In the past, she would have laughed at the scenario, but now she only felt dissappointed in herself. There was no more fight left within her to go around making a game out of other people's relationships. She tried to be rational, thinking of ways to express just how truly sorry she was for being here--because she definitely was.

 

    " Darla?" Blaise appeared and sounded as if seeing this Darla was no surprise to him at all and even though she couldn't see him, she was infuriated that he seemed to not take this as seriously as she had thought.

 

   "You could have told me you had someone here Blaise, I would have taken more time getting ready." The woman's voice sounded carefree which was the last thing Niamh had expected right now. Flailing arms had been what she was prepared for, not this.

 

    Then again, maybe they weren't dating.

 

    Niamh slipped the comforter down to her chest, being sure to cover her nudeness. She took a deep breath and slowly rotated her head, taking in the woman's face inch by inch.

 

     "She's a good pick. Great actually." Darla looked on to Blaise's friend as her dark hair fell to her back, giving her a nice view of her soft features. There had many plenty of times that she walked in on Blaise and his play things, but this one she actually approved of. She'd rather he grab up the ones who looked like they held some type of self esteem than a bimbo from off the street.

 

     " I don't think I appreciate being referred to almost as chattel." Niamh shrugged her shoulders and squinted her eyes as she looked bewteen Darla and Blaise.

 

     "Well did someone pay to  give you to Blaise?" Darla challenged.

 

     Just as she took a breath to fire back, Blaise had came over thrusting a shirt her way. " Darla, you should've called me or something. I mean, it's not like I may have something to do on the weekend without you or anything." He said sarcastically. Niamh lifted the shirt over her head pulling it down past the blanket and covering her lap with it.

 

     " Is Miss Darla here your sister? Cousin? I don't see any rings so that isn't an option..."

 

     "I'm kind of his stand in girlfriend."

 

      "She's just Darla." They both blubbered running into each others words.

 

     "Just....Darla huh?" Darla slapped him on his bare chest feigning being insulted from her broad title.

 

     " Well, you don't exactly fit anywhere in a specific spectrum that I can think of..." Another loud slap cut off his speech as he began rubbing the now red skin.

 

     Niamh sat by watching carefully, not sure of what to make their relationship.

 

     " Oh goodness, don't think too much about us okay? It's really nothing serious." Darla saw the analyzing look Niamh had on her face, and didn't want her to mistake anything. She has never been bothered by other women who have interests in Blaise, unless she received a bad vibe from the lady.

 

    That wasn't the case with Niamh.

 

    That can be chucked up to the fact that Blaise has never kept anyone in his bed past five am, no matter the day.

 

    That in itself said a lot to her.

 

    Niamh nodded her head understanding where Darla was coming from. She reminded her of her past attitudes towards other females who tried to get huffy with her over things she had no time for.She offered a hand for Darla to shake, and wasn't left hanging.

 

    "Well Darla, I'm Niamh and it's actually not nice to meet you at such a time, but then again it is."

 

    A smile stretched across her face showing valley deep dimples accentuating her blue eyes.

 

    "I don't know. It's pretty wild meeting you butt ass naked isn't it?" The two women shared a laugh as they thought of the situation.

 

    " Darla, let's get you out of here alright. Leave her with some privacy." Blaise shook his head as he lead the woman out of his bedroom. He saw the sparks fly between them, and knew how quickly attention could be placed on Darla with her charismatic way.

 

    He was not willing to share any part of Niamh with others.

 

    "But I actually like her!"

 

    "You barely know her D."

 

    " Oh so you think. Seeing her here says enough for me. I think I love her for you. Are you dating? She's your girl? When the hell did this happen huh?"

 

     The questions came a mile a minute as Darla felt genuinely excited at the thought of Blaise finding someone to be serious about. She knew that if all else had failed, she would be there for anything that he needed her for. Darla wasn't ignorant nor naive enough to believe that she would be the woman of his life, she knew it wasn't the position for her, but she had become willing to fill that for him if it came down to it.

 

     "Close your mouth. You're getting to far ahead of yourself." Blaise said unconvincingly.

 

    Darla let a squeal escape her mouth as she shook Blaise." I see it in you! You have the look."

 

    "The look?"

 

     "The look. Yes. You love her!"

 

     Blaise captured her chin as she spoke too loudly, making him shift in discomfort." I haven't known her long enough to love her Darla, slow the hell down and get out."

 

    " Oh whatever. I don't believe in a time limit or requirement on love. You don't admit it now but let me tell you it's going to happen." Darla began laughing so hard that she clutched her gut in pain.

 

    "Leave!" He dragged her to the door as she continued to shout random words between her breaths.

 

     "Finally, I can get my little English guy to hook a girl up with lifetime love. You've had me waiting for this for so long Blaise."

 

    " No one has kept you from being in love Darla. Don't give me that shit." Blaise took offense to her insinuation that she had to stay by his side until he jumped from the nest. He now had the door open and her standing on the side that pleased him. Her face sobered up as she saw the way his brows knitted together.

 

    " Oh come on, You took it that deep? I'm just saying that I've been waiting to know that you'll be okay with another person. That's all I meant by it."

 

    " Should I thank you?"

 

    " No you shouldn't, Just perk up okay? I don't mean any harm baby boy." Darla grabbed him into a hug even though she felt a less than warm reception.

 

    "What makes you think we'll be together long term anyways?" He quietly asked as she pulled away. He hoped to hear a good reason why, so that he could know that he wasn't imagining what he was feeling.

 

    "It's just there." Darla waved a hand as she turned on her heels and walked back to her car. Blaise's neighbors were out and had been looking on to them.

 

     "Don't worry! You won't have to worry about me that much anymore!" She yelled to them as the embarassadly hurried their kids into their minivan.

 

     Closing and locking his door after waving over an apologizing gesture to the Whitmans.

 

    "That brief meeting was ....interesting." Turning around, there stood Niamh leaning against the doorway to his living room.

 

    " She's out of her mind. Don't pay attention to her." Blaise said walking to her and wrapping his arms around her waist. He laid his head on her shoulders, wanting some comfort which she didn't deprive him of as she rubbed a hand through his hair.

 

     " Oh, she's got my attention. I don't like people from first encounters but....."

 

     "No, I'd advise you to just stop right where you are with that."

 

     " Let me like who I want to Blaise."

 

     " She'll befriend you." He said threateningly.

 

     "That won't kill me..' Niamh replied in a sing song voice.

 

      " Oh, you'll learn. Don't ever say I didn't try to warn you. Once she's in. She's in."

 

    Blaise laughed at his own words of his dear friend. He felt at ease that she already rallied up a one person cheering squad for his imaginative love story with Niamh. 

 

     "I've seen her picture before in your dad's office."

 

      "She's a family friend. Mr. Saslow's daughter."

 

      "Mr. Saslow? Is he someone I should know?" She asked releasing him and going to his kitchen counter to pick up an orange.

 

    "He's someone you should look out for." His words were sour as they came from his mouth. Just now thinking of Niamh working alongside something that doesn't live up to the glory she gave it, he began to instantly worry of her ever coming across him. Which wouldn't be hard.

 

    " What kind of importance does he hold?" She asked tossing a piece of fruit into her mouth.

 

    "None." He said with disgust that only he could understand.

 

    "You just told me to look out for him."

 

    " I didn't mean it in a positive way. When I say look out for him, I mean the way you would look out for a wall of fire coming your way. Don't entertain him."

 

    His voice came out rougher than he intended as he had walked closer to her and said it while watching her eyes, seeing her recognize his sudden switch in moods.

 

    " I'll take your word for it..." Niamh pushed him away lightly with one hand, confused by his seriousness.

 

     " Anyway, should I be on my way? we didn't specify on how our time would be spent outside of the bedroom." Niamh said quietly after moments had passed between them.

 

     " You want to spend time with me?"

 

     " If you have any that I can afford."

 

      Blaise smiled as he racked his mind, drawing up a list of things that they could get into today.

 

     " I could take you to a secluded place of my dad's. The general public doesn't get to go there. I'm sure you could have a few eyegasms seeing all of his work there."

 

     " It's private work?" She asked perking up.

 

     " Things he has tossed aside. Ideas that didn't exactly fall through."

 

     " I have to get changed. I'll be back in an hour." Niamh ran into the living room stuffing her feet into her shoes. She grabbed her keys from the hanger and rushed off, leaving Blaise alone.

 

  ooooooooooooooooooooooo

 

 

Chapter 13 by Inthenykoftime

    Niamh slipped her doorkey into the lock, entering the hotel room she had been living out of for the past week. She had completely given up on trying to talk things over with her family, and ultimately decided to take it upon herself and be removed from the situation temporarily. She couldn't take the thought of giving up her home any longer. After today, if it had to come down to each of them strutting with their chests stuck out at home, then so be it.

 

   She went to one of her bags and pulled out a relaxed outfit for the day ahead.With all of her toiletries in hand, she ventured off to the bathroom, cutting on the steamy water.

 

     After emerging from the moist air, she toweled off her hair and quickly got dressed. She saw that by washing her hair, she ended up being fifteen minutes past the time she said she would be back to Blaise's.

 

      "Crap."

 

      It was a quarter to twelve, and she could just barely make the noon checkout if she rushed to the lobby. She ran around to her scattered items, stuffing them into bags as she got dressed. She acrobatically slipped into her pants while balling up shirts to toss away. Once she was sure she was done, she took one last look just because.

 

    Everything that was hers was collected, and Niamh made her way out of the small room to checkout.

 

     ooooooooo

 

      Blaise put his car in park as they arrived to a rennovated home his father had turned into his own little storage place. It was back in the cut of town, out of sight from the mass. He checked his keys to see if he still carried the key needed to open the house.

 

     " How would you be able to find this place? It's kind of inconvenient don't you think?" Niamh peered through the windshield out to the stout building. It made from wood making a natural camoflage in the dense trees surrounding it. While they drove, it seemed as if civilization was fading out of their reach the farther they went. 

 

    "Do you use this as a seasonal home?" She questioned Blaise who was now searching his glove compartment for the mysterious key.

 

     " Uh, no we actually just let it sit our here to rot. He drops stuff off here when he can't find room in his own place. He hates clutter, so there are a handful of houses sitting around town just for this." Closing his middle console he turned to Niamh with an apologetic facial expression.

 

    "I haven't used the key in years, so I'm sure it's not with me."

 

    The smile she held downgraded to just an upward turn of her lips.

 

    " We came just to sight see then?" She laughed trying to clear the disappointed air she had caused. Blaise could see the drop in attitude and bit his lips as he figured out a way to get them in. A hand ran across his chin as it came to him.

 

    " I got us. Come on."

 

    They exited the car and walked up the gravel driveway to the front door. It was a large intricately detailed door with an obscure image crafted into the strong wood. Niamh tried to fall the pattern of the picture made, but it was so large that she couldn't grasp it all at once. To the touch of her fingers, the roughness sent a tingling sensation shooting over her skin that she couldn't get enough of.

 

    " Was this bought this way?" She said with amazement.

 

     Blaise was busy murmuring a riddle that would help him find the cloak and dagger key amongst the wooden panels.

 

     " No, he did that himself. Actually sat down and whittled the entire thing. If you spot the monkey than you've found my artistic mark." He told her as he pulled out a broken away section of a board revealing a small key on its underside.

 

     Pushing it into the old lock, he turned it sharply, pushing the heavy door open while slipping the key back into its place on the wall.

 

    " It may be dusty in here." He warned as he stepped aside to allow Niamh to enter before him. He felt around the side wall for the light switch, flooding the room before him.

 

    It wasn't how he had remembered it. There weren't items lying in mountains along the room.

 

    " What happened here?" He was confused at the sight before him.

 

    "Maybe Joseph moved the things back into the rooms?" Niamh offered, noticing the dark shadows on the floor that suggested there once was an item there.

 

     " I don't know, they were filled to the hilt too." Walking around her, Blaise went to one of three rooms and opened it to reveal the same thing.

 

    It was empty.

 

    He went to the next as Niamh jogged to the third door. 

 

     "There's only a trunk in here Blaise.Or something that looks like a trunk." Going to joing her, he saw what she was speaking of. In the dead center of the white lined room sat a large cube looking object. It was bolted down on the sides, into the flooring.

 

     " What is this shit?" He attempted to lift the lid of it, but couldn't find a place to grap on to.

 

     "Your dad must have wiped the place out." There was a sudden chill in the room and Niamh drew her arms around her waist as she walked around examining everything. She looked behind a small closet door to find it bare. There weren't any clothes hangers or dustballs just lying around in the place. 

 

    " It's pretty spotless in here. Have you noticed?"

 

     " Like someone came through and did a clean up." Blaise had given up with the box, and rose to his full height resting his fists on his hips." I don't understand. This is practically all of the house other than the kitchen."

 

    "Maybe he's letting someone stay here?"

 

    " There aren't any things."

 

    " They could be coming soon."

 

    "That doesn't make sense. Why wouldn't I know?" Blaise shook his head in disbelief at the suggestion.

 

    " I'm sure your dad doesn't tell you everything Blaise." Niamh tapped on the wall as she walked out of the room leaving behind her more than true words.

 

    " No fucking kidding."

 

    "What was that?" Niamh popped her head back into the room when she heard his light words.

 

    "Nothing."

 

     "So you can't get that thing to budge?" Niamh took a short running start towards the trunk, hoping to knock it off of its screws but only accomplished to bust her ass. Blaise smiled a crooked smile at the sound of her bottom slapping the ground.

 

    " Why in the world?" He reached out a hand for her to wrap around and pulled her to her feet.

 

    " Well I at least heard something move inside of it."

 

      Blaise couldn't come up with an explanation for the object and shook his head leading her out of the room.

 

    "Obviously it's none of our business." 

 

    " Make something in here my business because I didn't sign up to see an empty house.

 

     " What is your deal with my dad? He just draws buildings there isn't anything that infatuating."

 

    Niamh's smile became reserved as she lowered her head, thinking about what it was that drew her to Joseph.

 

   " He's got that Yankee Ingenunity going on. He's gifted at what he does, admit it. I know him being your dad, you might not get the full jist of his talent, I mean to you he's just....Dad. I haven't had a man at home to admire, so I resorted to tearing out his articles in Architecture Digest and pasting them around my room to see everyday. Believe me, if I hadn't caught an interest in building designing, then I'd be shacked up somewhere with three kids and four possible baby daddies. Don't you think this was a better thing to take up my time?"

 

   Blaise stood there and absorbed all that she had said. He had never heard of anyone crediting his dad to setting such an example in life for them.

 

    Jokingly, Blaise said," Your childhood must have been bleak as hell to be so facinated with him of all people."

 

    Bleak. That was a new term to describe her childhood. She admittedly grew up too fast for her own liking. Being forced to learn how to fend for yourself while they lived on the streets wasn't what she had wanted to do as a girl.She had a good reasn for wanting to build homes--shelters-- any form of safety. Between the ages of six and eighteen, she never had one.

 

    It's one of her deepest fears in life, not having a pillow to lay your head on at night. She took pride in her home, and held her arms wide open for her mother and brother when they needed a place to stay, knowing that they lived the same life she once did. She didn't have the heart to kick them out in order to have it back to herself. Having someone do that to her would utterly shatter her spirits.

 

     An elementary school teacher once provided the entire class with a journal to document nightly assignments about what was on their minds. On presenting day, while her classmates went on and on about the latest sleepovers they had, the trip to amusement parks they were preparing to take, or the brand new toys their parents bought them, Niamh would stand proudly going into great detail and explanation about the different rough drafts of the buildings she always boast she would one day create.

 

    It had always been a bore to the others, but to her, it held just as much thrill as their topics did for them.

 

    "Yeah. You could say that." She laughed lightly.

 

    " I think we should go Blaise. There's nothing here for us to find today."

 

    Agreeing with her, they headed out of the house ending their short field trip.

 

    " I really do hate that you couldn't see anything."

 

    " I'm sure I'll have other chances."

 

     "That's the spirit." Looking at his watch, he saw that it wasn't too late for them to find a place for lunch." Food sounds great right now don't you think?" He sat down in the driver's seat and started up the car as soon as she got buckled in.

 

     " Let's find a wing place."

 

     " Won't that be too messy for you?" He threw a teasing grin her way.

 

    " You'll see." Niamh wiggled her eyebrows back

 

ooooooooooooo

 

     They sat engaged in a natural conversation as they sat back in their booths people watching. Niamh nibbled on a celery stick as she laughed at what Blaise was saying. He never thought himself a comedian, but with her he felt like his words were gold. It rubbed him the right way to see her hanging on to his every word. Her dark brown orbs moved along with his lips, almost making him self conscious.

 

    " How do you think you'll be able to stay in this only for the sex?" The question in his head fell from his lips.

 

   " It's actually easier done then said. People go off into these rants that you'll have to develop an emotional connection with the person you sleep with. I don't think that's true. I'll be straight up with you Blaise because I only think it's fair. I've been with too many men to count--and this is not me boasting about it. It's a carnal act programmed into each of us, and I just happen to not mix pleasure with business.No love, no hurt."

 

    "You see love as a burden?" Blaise leaned forward on his arms hearing what she was saying.

 

    She ponder for a quick moment." I've never experienced it before with anyone. I've never felt the urge to melt another person into my life like that. I guess I'm not the best spokesman for love, but I can tell you that it's a possibility that everyone isn't meant for it. I'm not depressed or trouble--to my knowledge-- without it and I've been getting by very well."

 

    " I don't think you should deprive yourself of that. It's a natural gift that we possess. To love someone more than yourself at times."

 

    Niamh shrugged her shoulders to his sincere demeanor." It'd be better for me to have someone who loves me more than I love them."

 

    " Are you saying you wouldn't even try if you were in what you thought was "love" ?"

 

     She slowly shook her head as she wondered off into his eyes." No, I could only love the way I know how, and that isn't much. If I were blessed with someone who loved me more than I loved them, then I could maybe learn and figure it out. It'd be securing." Her voice drifted off on her last words.

 

   Blaise had never considered not trying love, better yet not wanting it. He saw the beauty it could bring to a person's life, and so he sat patiently waiting for it to show up in his. The woman he sat across from no was no doubt what God had intended for him to have. He saw that she would be a resisting type, but something deep within him told Blaise that this is what has been saved for him. He was saved for her, and if that was the case--if he was meant to show Niamh just how good loving someone could be-- then damn it he will do all that he can in order to save her from completely writing it off.

 

 

Chapter 14 by Inthenykoftime

 

      Blaise reached in through her car window, capturing her lips in a lingering kiss. Niamh had never viewed a kiss as sweet, but that is exactly how his had felt. He drove her back to his house so that she could make her way back home in her own car. Blaise let out a heavy sigh, and Niamh didn't know if she were supposed to continue kissing him or break it. She awkwardly opened her eyes to see what she could of his face. His eyebrows were posed in a contorted way. Pulling her head back, she watched him take in a deep breath committing the feel of her lips to memory.

 

         "Keep your cool while I'm gone , how bout it?" She leaned over her steering wheel in a cheesy manner winking at him. He reached in to cup her face. He tugged on her ear lobe and thought hard.

 

     " I'll try." Was his quiet response. Backing up, he finally gave her the room she needed to pull off. She did so quickly, glancing up into her rearview mirror to see him still standing in the spot she left him.

 

     Niamh mounted her phone onto her windshield, leaving her hands free to roam about the wheel. She rolled down her window, letting the hard wind rip across her face.She kept it quiet in the car usually while she drove. Today was no different.  Coming to a stop light, she was given the opportunity to close her eyes and collect herself. She thought back to Blaise's kiss. The man was courteous-much more than she has ever been introduced to-and she couldn't find a reason to dislike him as much as her family did. They each barely knew him, and with Niamh coming around to him, she could see only the parts that would make him an amiable person. She didn't view him as a stepford, he had his own faults and she could see that.

 

     Deep in the recesses of her mind Niamh became lost. The screeching sound of her ringtone set for her mother dragged her back to reality. She was startled; she couldn't help but fumble with the telephone trying to unlock its screen pad. The drivers behind her laid on their horns as the light had turned green for quite some time. She raised her hands apologizing to the man behind her.

 

     " Hello?"

 

    "Niamh, what's all that noise?" Lorraine asked at the yelling voices coming through her opened windows. Niamh rolled them up as fast as she could, blocking out the curses thrown her way.

 

     "People and their road rage. Do you need something?" She asked settling back into the groove of things.

 

     " Can I take a gander and guess that means you're coming home?"

 

   "Yeah. I've become fed up with the bull."

 

   "It didn't have to be bull, you made it this way."

 

   "No Mama-" Niamh halted her words, not wanting to begin pointing fingers." I'm just ready to be in my place, smelling my air, eating my food."

 

   " I wouldn't want you anywhere else.I'll be so happy knowing that you're home and not out running around where I can't find you."

 

   "You could always find me." Niamh mumbled.

 

       "How am I supposed to know if you're in safe places? Have you been watching your surroundings? You'd be so caught up in other things that you wouldn't even catch the slightest out of place things."

 

      "Mama, I'm alive aren't I? I take notice of everything, not a child here. I am the most aware unaware person."

 

   "Yeah well, this just sits better with me. So is it okay to say that no throats will be slit? At least until something else comes along to stir us up?"

 

    "I'm not up for it, but if push comes to shove...."

 

    "No one is going to hammer you. I'll promise to try not to."

 

   " Is this our peace treaty?"

 

    "You could call it that."

 

   " Hmm. I don't think I trust this."

 

    " Well then, I can't help you. I can only give you my word that I will try my best protect you."

 

    "Here you go starting it again. What are you protecting me from? There is nothing to be a guard dog for!"

 

    "I know what you're thinking. You probably think I am the biggest fool you have ever met. I'm sure if I had grown up with a mother, I would have-"

 

   " Mama, don't go there please."

 

  "No listen. Everything probably sounds dumb coming from my mouth. Useless. Questionable. Whatever you may think of it. You're at the age where pretty soon, all that I have said, all that I have tried to enforce will suddenly be clear."

 

    "I can't drive with so many distractions. Let me let you go now..."

 

    "You talk on the phone all of the time when you drive! Don't give me that shit."

 

    "Well today I don't feel as confident in my amazing skills. Don't take this the wrong way-there is no ill intent at all-but I'm hanging up." Niamh turned off the Bluetooth above her head,restoring the quietness back into her car. She chose to drive the speed limit and take her time. Maybe even some back roads just for the hell of it.

 

Ooooooooooooooooo

 

    Lorraine sat at the kitchen table, gripping the phone in her soft yet hardened hands.

 

    " What am I supposed to do Lord? I know you're only using us, but I've been here before. Give me a sign that this will see itself through." She prayed.

 

    Lorraine had been on her way out of the building, wanting to get some grocery shopping done before the day was over. Just like the days before earlier in the week, she caught a glimpse of a strange man linger around. He had the same type of aura as the men from The Family. She tried to ignore the thought of them snaking their way back in to their lives to suffocate them. He had made no outward sign that he was there for bad business, but she just knew it.

 

    She could feel it.

 

    She came back into the house immediately phoning her daughter. The feeling was too close to a old one she had when she thought she had let Niamh slip right through her legs. Hearing her voice allowed for her to breathe again. Easing her heart.

 

     The lock on the front door sounded as Niall walked in to see his sulking mother.

 

      " Why are you sitting over there like that? Your face will get stuck if you don't fix it." He threw his gym bag beside the couch along with his shoes. His doctor had given him a clean bill of health after getting his brace removed from his leg. A natural athlete, Niall sprung right back into his exercising routine, wanting to build himself back to his original health. He took a seat from across his mother, reaching out to caress her hands.

 

      " What's up?" he asked lovingly.

 

     Lorraine's eyes filled with tears, as she bit her lips."Your sister."

 

    Niall felt a hard blow to his middle, sinking back into the chair. The air in his throat caught, choking him. He had no idea what her cryptic tone meant, and could only think the worse. His palms instantly became sweaty.

 

     "Wha...What about Nia mama? Where is she? What about her?!" The urgency in his voice snapped Lorraine out of her gloomy reverie.

 

    " Oh no no! Nothing bad per se. I was just thinking....I just got off the phone with her and she says she's on her way home for good."

 

   Niall's body shook as he released his relief. " I thought.... I've seen some people and just figured."

 

    " People?"

 

     " It's my imagination." He said waving the comment off." How long until she gets here?" Niall was going through withdrawal for his sister. They have been close their entire lives. Niall and Niamh. Niamh and Niall. That's all he has ever known. She was his best friend, the only person he trusted as much as he did. It was taking a toll on him, not having her around the house to tease and love on. He couldn't see how some siblings could be so distant after they "grew up." Their relationship is the same now as it was twenty some years ago.  He knew that everything wouldn't be peachy when she returned, that he couldn't pick up where they left off before this wedge came between them.

 

    He just needed to see her.

 

     " No we aren't Niall." Lorraine read her son's mind as he watched her unwavering.

 

     "You don't think that we've blown this up bigger than need be?It could be just our fear getting to us. It doesn't have to get to her too." Niall seemed to be the only one showing regret in their behavior. Suddenly, things that they were feuding over seemed so trivial, and like they should have no part in any of their lives.

 

     " Niall, we could never make this as big as it really is. Do you think I'm wrong?" Lorraine became defensive.

 

     " Paranoid, maybe." He said quietly. The heat radiated off of her and he looked down, not wanting to meet her eyes.

 

      " You know. You of all people know. I can't let the fact that she has just so conveniently met these people.  There's no way on God's green earth that this is pure coincidence Niall..."

 

    "Mom-"

 

     " I know what you meant when you said ‘people'; You've seen them too Niall and that is one obvious clue right there, right underneath our noses. I have no idea if after all of these years, they've come back to finish with what they started. I wouldn't put it past them, and I'll be damned if I sit back with this aching feeling and not be on my toes. They've had us running for so long Niall, it's time for us to come to a stop." His mother banged her fist against the glass table.

 

    Niall understood where she was coming from, why she was so adamant on keeping Niamh close to her. He can still vision the night that they ran around town looking for Niamh when she had turned up missing.

 

       Lorraine and Niall entered the corner store, ringing the bell above the door.

 

     " Find you something quick okay? Try to keep it under a dollar." Lorraine encouraged him. They had came to get Niamh her favorite bubble gum since the hospital gift shop had been long closed. Lorraine knew that her time could be used more wisely trying to figure out what to do with her kids, than keeping Niamh from being sad or upset. She wanted to make sure she kept both of her kids calm as they went through this surprise "relocating."

 

     " I don't want anything." Niall held onto her arm tighter, not wanting to be too far from his mother. For the past two days they have been ducking and diving the men that worked for Mr. Saslow, he couldn't understand why.

 

     " Come on now, who knows the next time we'll have time to do this." Reaching the counter, she placed the pack of gum for the cashier to scan." Hurry up." She patted him on his behind as he finally dashed off to get something of his choosing. Lorraine looked to the man behind the register, giving him a weak smile.

 

    " Long night?" He asked striking up casual conversation.

 

   "And tiring." Lorraine didn't want to be rude and ignore his obvious attempts at being friendly. Her mind was too caught up in checking outside of the window, making sure she didn't see a certain black suburban hiding off in the shadows.

 

     She had managed to skip town with both of her kids untouched. They would've been further, but she knew NIamh couldn't make it for too long. She had been in a hospital receiving medical attention a couple of weeks ago, but out of nowhere Daniel had dropped the bomb on her that he couldn't afford to add Niamh in to his own problems.

 

    Problems.

 

   Lorraine knew things were amiss when he had the nerve to pull the only support she had ever asked from him for their daughter. She never thought that it would have come to this now. Her position with The Family had been terminated.  After how faithful she had been to him, after everything she had given up under his orders, he decided to fire her.

 

     Getting fired by Daniel wasn't like any old firing. Just years before talk of Carol's ‘termination' had been up in the air among the house employees. Anyone being relieved of their duties was unheard of. The possibility of Carol losing her job hopped around like wildfire. Lorraine could still picture the panic among the woman's face when news got around to her.

 

      The day before she was to be called in front of the committee, Carol had vanished. Lorraine couldn't process how a wife-a mother-could just up and leave her husband and son one day. Of course then she had no idea how grave her decision would turn out to be.

 

    The rumors were that Carol was sent off to live underground out in the desert, along with others who weren't following procedure.

 

    Or that she was dead.

 

    There stood Lorraine in the same position that Carol had managed to avoid. Hearing the same exact words. The only difference between the two women was that Lorraine had absolutely no intentions of leaving the home alone.

 

     " It seems as though you aren't meeting the criteria anymore Lorraine dear." Smiled Daniel.

 

    Joseph stood off to the side not saying a word-not making any eye contact-as she stood there speechless.

 

   Finding her voice again she had said," This is what Carol got out of. Wasn't it?" The gleam in Daniel's eyes grew stronger as his smile turned into a sneer.

 

    " I'm not Carol, Daniel."

 

    " Carol who?" He asked snidely.

 

      Lorraine knew that soon that would become her status among him. She turned around and bolted out of the door, racing off to gather her children and get away from the hell. She left Joseph alone in the room to look scathingly at the older man before him.

 

     "What did she mean by that?" He said, clenching his fists.

 

   " Oh don't get worked up. I saved you the heartache Joe."

 

   For a whole day, they made progress moving along without getting shot down on the spot. She figured she could breathe for that much, but knew not to let her guard down for too long.

 

    " I got chocolate Mama." Niall returned putting the candy on the counter.

 

    " You don't like chocolate Niall. Please just get something you want."

 

   " I got it because you said it calms you down. We can all split it, ‘cause I want to be calm too." Lorraine sighed as she rubbed her son's hair, accepting his decision. She felt blessed to have such a caring young man under her care; he always thought of the girls in his life.

 

    Paying for the items, they started back out of the store toward the hospital. Niall latched onto her arm again as they walked. Bright headlights shined on them as a suburban whizzed past them on the street.

 

    "Fuck!" She screamed " Run baby, we have to get there faster." Their feet pounded away on the pavement as she dragged Niall behind her.

 

    "What is it?" He asked breathlessly. Lorraine couldn't answer him, her panic overriding every sense. When they reached the sliding doors to the hospital, they ran up to the pediatric ward trying to get to Niamh's room.

 

     " Oh, Mrs. Deges! Your husband already checked her out, you should have met him down in the lobby. She seemed so excited to leave." The young energetic nurse stopped them before they got around the front desk. She had been so helpful in the time that they had been here, but now every nice accommodation she had made for them was thrown out.

 

     " I'm not married!" She wailed sinking down to her feet. The torn sounds leaving her throat brought all attention to them.

 

   "Get up mama..." Niall asked jumping up and down, trying to not let himself cry. He tugged at her shoulders, unable to move her larger body.

 

    " He said that he was....Miss Deges he said that he was your husband!" The nurse realized the error she had made." Oh God." She panted out knowing that she may have just jeopardized her job-a little girl's life-by releasing her to a man she had never seen before.

 

    " I'll get my boss Miss Deges. We'll call the police..."

 

   "No! You've done enough!" Lorraine pushed herself to her feet seething with rage as she pushed the young woman out of her way. She raced off to the room, to see that it all was really happening. Her bed had already been fitted with new sheets. Lorraine began to destroy the bedding,throwing it around the room.

 

    " Wait! There's a piece of paper." Cried out Niall as he ducked underneath the sheets his mother was tossing around. He crawled back from underneath them, thrusting the paper her way. Lorraine's eyes scanned the familiar address. Her hysteria went away, and was replaced with murderous intentions. Her face hardened as she crumbled up the paper and stuffed it into her jacket pocket.

 

     "Come on Niall." She said, leading the way out of the room.

 

      Niall thought back to the home they had went in search for. His mother brought him to an elderly couple's home, one she seemed to know by memory. They had stumbled upon Niamh eating in the couple's kitchen, the wife had came forward looking worried to death. Lorraine had looked at her with no warmth at all. The woman was grouped in the same category as her son. She could only look at the woman she once saw as her mother with distrust and disgust.

 

     Joseph's intentions were overlooked that night. He wanted to save them the only way he knew how. Daniel had let them get a head start, wanting to give them some false hope that in no way they were being followed. The period didn't last long. He had known of their whereabouts the whole time, and raced off to warn them, but had only seen Niamh there. He couldn't believe that the nurses released her to him, but he was thankful. He thought that by taking her to his parent's he could lead Lorraine and Niall there out of Daniel's radar. Always a questioning child, Niamh had asked him countless times why they weren't "home."

 

      "You win! Joey said you'd be here faster, but you weren't!"  Niamh stood up in her chair jumping up and down as she clapped her hands." You can't get the treasure. I'm the treasure Mommy! You have to do a challenge I come up with." Niamh innocently began conjuring up a way for her mother to finish the game she thought they were playing.

 

     "Lorraine..." Mrs. Kincaid said lightly seeing the beautiful woman before her." What's going on dear?" She took a step closer to her, reaching out her hands, but was quickly shot down as Lorraine turned on her giving her a look that shook her knees. She had no idea why her son had rushed to their home after years of being away. The child he had dropped off completely confused her, she had no idea what to do with Niamh except watching her like Joseph so desperately asked.

 

      Her eyes fell to the young boy pulling his screaming sister down from the chair.

 

    He was a replica of Blaise and Joseph.

 

   " No! Niall! Put me down now!" Niamh shrieked.

 

    "Niamh! Hush!" Lorraine commanded ending the fuss of her children. She went to a wall in the kitchen, picking up their few bags.

 

   "Grab your brother's hand Niamh. We're leaving."

 

  "But the game mommy-"

 

   "Don't make me say it again."

 

   "Lorraine, won't you slow down a bit. Explain what's going on please. I have cookies the kids can have let's go sit down." Joseph's mother tried to console the angered mother.

 

      She went to the curly head boy caressing his undeniable face as he looked up at her.

 

   "Get your hands off of him!"

 

   "Jesus Lorraine is he-"

 

     "Get a good look. Make sure you tell that bitch you call a son to go to hell."

 

     The children had become quiet as the intensity of their mother's voice rocked through the room.

 

    " Mama, I heard those bad words. Niamh's in the room." The little girl whispered.

 

     Picking up both children, Lorraine stormed out of the room and off into the night, in search of another destination.

     "It's not like how it was then Mom."

 

     "You can't be too sure."

 

      "I don't know how many times I have to tell you; she doesn't remember anything so let's drop it. Please for our sanity."

 

     "That's what messes with my mind Niall! Why doesn't she, how couldn't she?" Lorraine never had an answer to why her daughter seemed to have just dropped all remembrance of the life they had before they were on their own.

 

     Niall shook his head, not knowing what to tell her." Hell, I can't remember half the things from my childhood unless it was a big thing. Maybe it's just slipped from her over the years."

 

       "It's just unordinary."

 

        "Well we can't explain it."

 

    " Explain what exactly?" Niamh stood at the doorway peering in on the two's conversation. They hadn't heard her come in, and had no idea how much she had heard, or what she could take from their words.

 

End Notes:

Read/Review/Enjoy Please =)

Chapter 15.1 by Inthenykoftime
Author's Notes:

A short short update

 

   "You two aren't trying to do a Hartford Convention in here are you? Going to try and break off from me?" Niamh dropped her bags on the floor and pulled a chair out from underneath the table and sat in it backwards.She took in their faces; Niall's was blushing and avoiding her strong gaze while her mother took a deep breath as if preparing to drop a bomb on her.

 

     " We don't understand...why you don't remember Joseph. From when you were a little girl."

 

     "Well why would I?" Niamh shook her head.She snapped her fingers as she recalled the conversation she had with him during the week." You know what, he said you two knew each other from way back when. From high school right?"

 

   "He and I dated."

 

    "Dated! You're kidding me...how come you've never told me? " Niamh exclaimed.

 

   " It's not often you hear me talking about men-"

 

    "You've got to be shitting me! Don't tell me that's why you've been so pissy.." Niamh laughed incredulously.

 

    "This isn't exactly a joking matter Nia." Niall spoke up.

 

   "That's it! It has to be it." Niamh had a good gut holding laugh at what she thought was the true reason for the ill feelings among them.

 

    " Niamh it wasn't like one of your relationships. It actually lasted a long time and holds some importance; I don't appreciate you laughing so much."

 

   Niamh immediately stopped laughing, upset at her mother's stab at her. She had no desire to go ape shit crazy at it, so she licked her lips and cleared her throat.

 

   " If this has been the case all along, I just want to point out how much of a waste of time and energy it was. You could've talked to me about it mama. Yes, I haven't had a man before, but that doesn't mean I'm incapable of empathizing with you and trying to understand where you're coming from."

 

    " Now Niamh, don't take everything to heart please."Niall begged. He could hear the change of tone in her voice and wanted to put out the flame before it engulfed her.

 

   " You know what? It's really hard to with the sly remarks. They really aren't necessary all of the time."

 

   " You make me sick Niamh." Lorraine stood up from her seat, leaving her kids at the table." I thought you said you didn't want to keep up with this when you got home."

 

    "How do I make you sick? I sure as hell didn't want to do this when I got back. In fact it officially ends now. Done." Niamh slammed the chair to the floor as she stood up quickly following her mother around as Lorraine put on her jacket and searched for her car keys.

 

     " I am going to go back there, and lay in my bed, and not walk around with my lip jutted out. You can do that if you want to mama, but I'm done with the crap. Whenever you're really ready to talk to me-without the bullshit-I'm all ears. I can see you want to say something, but you won't." Lorraine turned around standing almost nose to nose with Niamh.

 

     "You don't know a damn thing-"

 

     "And that's the fucking problem!Shit what do you expect me to do? I can't help it if he dropped you, if that's what happened. Don't be so bitter over it."

 

     Niamh's cheek stung from the opened hand slap Lorraine hit her with. In all her years, Niamh had never been hit by her mother, especially not in her face. There was a slight ringing in her ear from the strength behind the slap. Her natural instinct to retaliate against being attacked simmered down when it all clicked that the person who hit her was her own mother. Lorraine's face showed the strain she held behind her eyes as she drew her lips together, keeping her words locked in.

 

     Her mother walked out of the apartment without saying a word leaving Niall and Niamh alone.

 

      "Niamh..." He approached his sister cautiously. She hadn't made any movement; not even a blink.He stood in front of her, looking into her clouded eyes as they stared off into the distance. He laid his hands on her shoulders and brought her face to rest against his own. He patted the curly mass on top of her head, feeling her tremble as warm wet spots formed on his shirt.

 

       " Don't cry Nia. Mama really thinks that what she says is for the best. Joseph ...Joseph let people influence his actions, and they ended up breaking Mama's heart. She's hardened towards him, who wouldn't? She's only loved him you know? She was a girl when they were in love. She entered into a relationship with him and ended up with something she never would've expected. He...he's an okay guy, but is just so wrapped up in a sick business that there is no way of undoing all that he has been a part of."

 

      " Where do I fit in to all of this?" Niamh croaked through her tears.

 

      " I think she let you admire him from afar because of how honestly happy you were to learn about him. I don't think she would have seen him coming back around in a million years. He's too close for comfort for her now."

 

      " I can't quit this internship Niall. It pays. Plus this is all I have ever seen myself doing, but why keep it if there's going to be a riff between us. Am I supposed to drop it all? I love her more than a job, but is it smart to snip this now?" Niall wiped her face on his t-shirt sleeve and looked up at him.

 

     " Can you live out this fantasy just for this once? End it with the internship? You only have a few weeks left, maybe you and Mama can talk it out, let her know that it won't be for long. It could put her at a better peace of mind if she knows it's nothing permanent. You could get involved with another company Niamh, but just not this one." He spoke gently knowing that this subject could be tense. When he had found out that he had to sit out a full season of basketball because of an injury, he was devastated. He knew that basketball wouldn't be his lifelong career like Niamh saw architecture as. He also knew that at any time he could quit willingly whenever he pleased which wouldn't be possible for Niamh if she were to become a real employee with the Kincaids.

 

     Niamh's knees buckled as she shook her head ‘no'. "You don't get it Niall. I will never get this chance again. You're almost too old to be signed back overseas, you know that there are other options for you out there, but not me! I didn't prepare for anything else in life but this. It can set me up for good Niall, we won't have to live in this small place anymore if only getting to that point could be less stressful at home. Why is it so hard? I'm trying to make the best for all of us."

 

      " If you were chosen by such a high ranking company, I'm sure you could get into any in the city. In the state." Niall tried to convince her in a less harsh way by encouraging her confidence in her skills." Anyone would die to have you."

 

      " Kincaid Apex isn't just anyone Niall. They're the only one. If I quit now than I'm trashing all of my effort put into this. I've nearly perfected being a fangirl for them, I need to be in on the real thing now." Niamh pulled away from her brother and went to pick up her bags.

 

     " What if it's not all that it's cracked up to be?" Niall didn't have the heart to reveal to her what she was getting into. Would he rather break his sister heart, or have someone else do it? He wasn't so sure.

 

      "Let me find out on my own." Niamh began her trudge back to her bedroom, closing the door behind her.

 

Chapter 15.2 by Inthenykoftime
Author's Notes:

Daniel and Niamh meet

 

 

         Two Weeks Later

 

         "Matt you better have some money stashed in your ass crack, I'm not paying this time." Niamh pinched Matthew in his arm as they placed their order for breakfast in the bustling restaurant.  He always tended to bring them to the most expensive places in town even with Niamh's constant complaining about her dusty wallet because of their outings. Growing up with Saslow money, Matt naturally went where he pleased without worrying about how damaging a place could be to his bank account.    Many would think him a spoiled child, but he never presented himself as being as elite as his family tree showed.

 

     That was the only way she was able to hang out with. His lack of a pompous personality helped them mesh and become such good friends over time. She took a look around the large place, seeing people dressed to the nines at 9 am. Women in pencil skirts and stilettos were at every table donning sunglasses inside while they ate.

 

     "Where do you get the money for places like this Mister Bartender?" She asked him looking over her shoulder. He flicked her between her eyes as he walked past her to their table with their number.

 

    "Sugar Mamas."

 

    "Nope. New answer that one is overused."

 

   Matthew laughed knowing that he couldn't dodge the questions for too long from her.

 

    " Most people would've picked up on my last name by now." He smiled at her as he pulled out a chair for her.

 

     "You want to help a sister out?" She raised her eyebrows asking him.

 

      "Come on. Saslow. Old money. For days." Niamh's memory was sparked.

 

        "Like Daniel Saslow? Is he like your uncle?"

 

     "Papa bear."

 

    "How?! From what I heard, you should be the spawn of Satan."

 

   "Satan? I have heard worse." He chuckled.

 

    "What's the deal with him, huh? I've been told to avoid him at all costs, will I turn into stone if I look at him?" Niamh leaned forward on her arms getting closer to Matthew. He looked around jokingly, making sure no one was "listening."

 

     "I heard if you do the wrong thing....you'll be put into the stone of one of his buildings." Matthew almost always let people think what they wanted of his father, even going along with the ride by pulling their legs.

 

     "Like a wall of Saslow?"

 

     "Darla always called it an American Catacombs."

 

     "Who's Darla?" Niamh asked tilting her head to the side wondering if she would be the same Darla she met weeks ago in Blaise's house.

 

    A waiter walked to them, bringing their coffee. They said their thanks as he walked away and they both picked up their mugs taking slow sips of the hot drinks.

 

     "My big sister." He said casually. Niamh burnt her tongue on her cup. Some coffee dribbled out the sides of her mouth and she reached for her napkin, unwrapping it from her utensils and cleaning herself up.

 

       " I've met her." She exclaimed.

 

     "What? First you're my friend. Then you know about my dad and suddenly you hang with my sister. What is you plan Niamh?" He yelled.

 

    "Shh!  Through Blaise. Actually I know of both of them through him."

 

     " Damn, you two are actually a "thing." Matt said slouching back in his seat." I know he and Darla have had a few things, but I don't even see him around anymore. Do you have him held up somewhere?"

 

      "Oh no, it's not like I'm his "woman" I don't even take up that much of his time."

 

      "At least during the day I'm guessing?" Niamh balled up her cloth napkin and threw it at him. The waiter returned with their plates, placing them in front of Matthew and Niamh and left them to enjoy their food.

 

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

 

     "Well men, it's nice to have some get togethers just for the hell of it don't you think?" Daniel asked as he and his party walked towards the stairs leading down to the bottom floor of the restaurant. Blaise tailed behind his father and Daniel as they talked ahead of him.

 

     "You're becoming an old man don't you think Dan?" Joseph laughed patting him on his back.

 

     "Let's not speak of being old. My hair is the same as twenty years ago. Give or take a few strands."

 

    Blaise tuned out the rest of their conversation as he stood at the top of the stairs looking over Matthew and Niamh eating. She grabbed his arm in friendly conversation, throwing her head back to laugh openly. Matt seemed to be drinking up the attention, making Blaise parched for it. They were the loudest couple in the restaurant, and couldn't care less.

 

      "Well I'll be damned." Joseph said spotting them as well. Blaise pushed past the two other men and flew down the steps to get to them. He felt joy at meeting her unexpectedly, but also jealousy fueled his feet.

 

     " Shit B, why are you walking up on us like that?" Matthew jumped framing his face with his fists like he was ready to battle.

 

      " Well good morning beautiful." Niamh turned in her chair and smiled at him.

 

    Blaise leaned down and hugged her tightly, actually relieved to see her. He noticed the way she awkwardly sat limp, only to rub her palm against his back a couple of times. He kissed her on her nose, and he could visibly see her embarrassment on her face as her cheeks lit up.

 

     "Why didn't you say anything about coming over this way? I would have gladly met you.." He nearly cooed forgetting that there were others around.

 

     " I've been on a three day binge with you Blaise. I wouldn't be surprised if I fainted from how worn out I am." She said for only his ears. She was telling the truth. Blaise worked her body all over his home whenever he got the chance to, but not only that. There were some days where he simply wanted the "cute" things in a relationship with her, sneaking in an unintended cuddling session or dissecting of each other's minds. He was going to get his chance at getting a taste of every part of her and for now he loved what he was given, and couldn't wait for her to want the same from him.

 

     "Niamh dear?" Niamh looked past Blaise, seeing Joseph and immediately her smile widened. She stood up, pushing Blaise aside as she reached out her hand to the older Kincaid. Instead, he dismissed her hand and pulled her in for a warm hug.

 

    What is up with these touchy people? She thought to herself.

      "How are you Joey?" She had gotten around to using a nickname for him that seemed to spring from the back of her mind.

 

     "Joey is it?" Blaise questioned raising his eyebrow.

 

    " Well son, I could ask a similar question concerning your greeting." Joseph challenged with a smile. Seeing them embrace each other took him back to years lost, filling his heart with contentment.

 

       " Oh hey Matthew, how are you?" Matt spoke up sardonically as he had been pushed to the side.

 

      " Of course I couldn't walk past you without having to hear your mess."Joseph said as he released  Niamh and went to shake Matthew's hand. The tall dark man coming in behind the two Kincaid's weakened Niamh's smile. His face was stern and sharp, eyes brought together by a wrinkle in his forehead. He stalked towards her alone, hands in his pockets as he glared into her face.

 

     "Niamh." He said her name fervidly.

 

       "E..excuse me?" She stumbled back slightly feeling intimidated for the first in a long time by another person.She bumped into Blaise's chest, his hands flying up to turn her around to him.

 

     " Were you on your way? I can walk you out." He suggested wanting to get her away from Daniel's dip in mood upon seeing her. He had no idea why he said her name like a foe that has just came from a hiatus.

 

     " Dad, are you going to eat her?" Matthew asked watching how his father's eyes blazed looking at Niamh. He wasn't the least disturbed by his father's obvious ignoring of him, but he was disturbed by the snarl forming  because of Niamh. Daniel's eyes darted to his son finally acknowledging him silently.

 

   " Your name is Niamh, girl?" Daniel asked ripping her from Blaise as he spun her around to face him. No one but Daniel noticed the familiar darkness that took over her eyes  at his abrupt action. He knew it to be his very own.

 

    "It would do you well to get your hands off of me." Niamh calmly kept her cool.

 

   Daniel stared at her, not saying a word.

 

    " Let go of the young woman Daniel." Joseph chided. Looking between Joseph and Niamh, Daniel scoffed as he dropped her arm and wiped his hand on his pants. Niamh's mouth flew open at the gesture.

 

      "I knew it was about time I looked elsewhere..." He laughed shaking his head. Joseph's jaw clenched knowing what his words had meant. He looked to Blaise who wouldn't meet his eyes.

 

     "We didn't mean to interrupt your breakfast kids-"

 

       "Matthew, I hope she isn't one of your little playthings." Daniel smirked to his confused son.

 

      " I don't know who you are sir, but don't think you have the right to talk about me standing right here." Niamh crossed her arms over her chest."This is your dad Matthew?"She asked not minding his presence.

 

   " I sure am his dad of course you would know that." Daniel thought he already knew Niamh's plan, but had no idea that it was nonexistent.

 

      "What are you saying?" She spit out.

 

       " Niamh, I'm out okay? Can you catch a ride with these two?" Matthew stood up from the seat taking his credit card from the billfold as he tried to round up his dad to leave." Come on Dad." He said shuffling him towards the exit.

 

     " I always felt you left some unfinished business. That's okay though, I think I can pick up where we left off at." Daniel's words blew out of the room along with him. Blaise looked to Joseph mouthing a ‘what?' to him. Joseph turned his attention to Niamh, bringing a tight smile to his lips.

 

    " I think I see what you meant Blaise." Niamh said.

 

     "That's not even half of it." He replied rolling his eyes.

 

Chapter 16 by Inthenykoftime
Author's Notes:

Saved myself from an almost boo boo

 

   Niamh buckled herself into the back of the large black suburban as Joseph drove in the front seat. Blaise sat turned halfway around watching her with a smile that told how sublime he thought she was.Surprisingly, she wasn't one to hold eye contact for prolonged periods of time and began squirming under his watch. A smile crawled its way on the his lips as he watched her make use of the lock on the door, locking and unlocking it.

 

      "I hope I didn't need to put the child safety on for you back there..." Joseph spoke looking at her through the rearview mirror. Niamh realized her mindless action and placed both hands under her bottom, so that they would be out of the way. Taking a deep sigh she leaned her head over to rest on her shoulder.

 

      " You could have looked away five minutes ago. I look the same then as I do now Blaise."

 

      "That's where you're wrong. The longer I look at you, then the more things I see."

 

       "I see you two are still chummy."

 

      "What do you mean by still?" Niamh asked Joseph who had commented.

 

     He looked between Blaise and Niamh amused that they both seemed to not recall seeing each other every once in a while whenever he decided to bring Blaise along to the Saslow's. It wasn't often, seeing as how Carol wanted to shelter him from that lifestyle as a boy.

 

     "No come on, don't tell me neither of you remember how Lorraine and I would find you cooped up somewhere kissing."

 

     "What?" They both asked astonished.

 

      "Well Blaise, you had so many little girlfriends when you were that age that I'm not shocked you don't remember, but Niamh not you..."

 

     Niamh leaned forward in her seat gripping the shoulders of the driver's seat as she got closer to the others.

 

       "I have a very bad memory. At least from my childhood, my mom has always poked fun at me for it."

 

    " Play it out for me. How did I charm my way into her heart dad." Blaise sat back in his seat nodding to his father as he waited to hear what he thought would be glorious things of his "game."

 

      "She hated you." Niamh bursted into a short laugh as Blaise turned quickly on her cutting her a snarky look.

 

      Joseph smiled as he thought back to how many times he had to pull a stubborn Blaise from an even more stubborn Niamh's hold as she practiced wrestling moves she saw on tv to fight Blaise. " Everytime we turned around, she was smacking you upside the head, pushing you, all kinds of bully stuff."

 

      "I've never had a mean bone in my body Joey!" Niamh defended herself.

 

     "I clearly remember being a roughhouse; there's no way I would have let a little girl punk me like you're describing."

 

     "Oh no, I'd never discredit you for being a hell raiser, it's just that with Niamh you never fought back, you would just let whatever happen. You even made me sit down one night and write out every detail of your fairytale wedding you wanted to have with her. I had to draw up your first house and everything-dog house included."

 

     "Joey I think you've confused me with another person. I've heard I tend to remind people of others." Niamh shook her head, not being able to accept fully what he was saying with seriousness.

 

      "I kid you not.  You only attacked him behind your brother...." Joseph's voice trailed off as the son he never truly got to embrace came to mind. His chest tightened at the guilt and tormenting emotions rolling through him at the mention of Niall. He was never able to outwardly care for the young boy because it would have been viewed as a violation toward The Family.

 

    His birthdays were spent looming around in the background as Lorraine and their son sat off in their room having their own private celebrations.

 

     "Happy birthday to ya!" Lorraine sung softly to Niall who was now two years old. She clapped her young daughter's hands together as both children exclaimed in louder voices. The other workers had left to return to their own homes and let loose for the day. Lorraine was the only employee who worked and lived with the Saslows. A major reason for that bounced in her lap in a pink nightdress.

 

     Joseph eyed the little girl, the solid proof of betrayal between friends. She had a curly mop of black hair which sat on her head, falling into her deep brown eyes. When he looked at the baby, he couldn't help but to imagine her with features closer to Niall-light hair, the small rounded ears that the Kincaids possessed-features that showed the world that he was her father.

 

     The universe didn't work in his favor.

 

     "Happy me! Happy me!" Niall squealed as he mushed his hands into the small individual cake Lorraine had purchased for him.Joseph smiled just robustly as the toddler.It angered him to know that he couldn't have Lorraine in her own house-a house they shared-where she didn't have to celebrate the gift of Niall so subtly. He wanted the banners and balloons that a two year old should have. With cartoon characters walking around the home greeting him and his small friends.

 

      The kind of party he had planned for his youngest son--  Blaise-- in just a week.

       In no way did he regret his son with Carol, nor did he feel the same about his wife. He came to accept their positions in life, and he saw that she was different from the others. He wanted to let her live and love the man she truly did just as much as he wanted to be able to love Lorraine. They shared a mutual understanding of the kind of "love" they had for each other. It wasn't necessarily the kind soulmates would have, but it was enough to get them both through. When Blaise had been born, they deepened their strange love through their son.

      Joseph had been paired with Carol for marriage just three weeks before Lorraine had revealed she was carrying his child. He had gone to Daniel in distress, asking for any help he could give to revoke his marriage. He hadn't planned to just drop Carol without a warning, she was the one who encouraged him to ask for an annulment. She thought that the only thing for him to do was to go on and take care of the woman he truly loved, it seemed like the best thing to her.

 

      Daniel denied him without contemplation.

 

      His fist tightened around the doorknob at the cogitation of acknowledging only one of his children purposely. He knew he had some things ahead waiting for him from God for the decisions and responsibilities he has bypassed. He wanted to provide all that he had for the ones he loved, but knew by the outlines on his marriage to Carol, that sharing the wealth with those not a part of The Family would only be troublesome for them all.

 

      "Niall, now you're messy!" Lorraine playful scolded. Niall ran toward her, wiping the cake and frosting on both his mother and sister. Laughter erupted in the room as they ran from him, hiding from the boy. The little girl tripped over her chubby legs falling to the ground. Joseph took one step forward wanting to help her, make sure she didn't cry. Her bottom lip curled downwards trembling, but Niall hopped on her. In his baby mind, he prevented her from wailing out and crying alligator tears.

 

    Her laughter returned as she sat up and tussled with her brother. He had been so caught up in watching them that he hadn't seen Lorraine come to the door and stand in front of him.

 

    "I...I didn't mean to ...I was coming to say..."

 

    Lorraine nodded her head knowing the words he meant to say, but couldn't. She closed the door with a heavy heart ending his peeping.

 

        

    Niamh snapped her fingers, remembering seeing Niall's picture in his office." I was meaning to ask you how you got a picture of Niall. I saw it hanging on your office and just thought it was my imagination."

 

     "Oh yeah?"

 

      " Who would've thought that my invisible string would be connected to you..." Niamh said.

 

     "What do you mean?"

 

      " She adores you Dad." Blaises answered."Hardcore adores you."

 

     "My work?" Joseph asked.

 

     Niamh blushed in the backseat." You already know that Joey." He broke out into a smile hearing that she never let go of him."I can't believe I don't remember you. I wish I had." She looked out the window to see they had arrived to her apartment building without her even giving directions.

 

      "I hope you know this just because of my file."

 

      " We can go with that." They parked in the garage, and exited the car. It struck her that this was the first time Blaise had seen where she lived.

 

    "Thanks for the ride. I'll see you later?" She questioned hoping that they would take the hint that they would part ways here. Niamh didn't think her mother's heart could handle seeing them both, knowing how she felt towards them. She wanted to keep Blaise separate from her family, so that she could enjoy him without their butting in.

 

  " It's no problem." Joseph walked to the door and motioned to Niamh. "Now are you going to come let us in? I would feel rude not to say hello to your mother and brother."

 

       " You live with your family?" Blaise asked storing away the new information. He didn't ask it to judge her, just out of curiosity of where she stayed at.

 

      She nodded her yes as she walked to the door." You know, they may not even be here right now." Niamh was trying to figure out a way to post pone this meeting, hoping that one of them would get a call needing them right away.

 

     "Lorraine's car is here." Joseph tilted his head knowingly."I'm sure it won't hurt just to-"

 

     "They aren't exactly fond of you." She blurted out before she could stop herself. She toyed with her keys biting her lip." Neither one of them. I'm not sure how pleasant this will be if you come up."

 

     Joseph took a step back, nodding in understanding. He hadn't expected nothing less. Maybe if he could get in touch with Lorraine, speak to her even if it were only a few words, that he could find a way back to her. The hatred she had for him was beyond his imagination, but he was willing to face Hurricane Lorriane if he had to.

 

      "Let's go." He insisted.

 

      Blaise saw the discomfort taking over Niamh." Dad, if now isn't a good time then maybe we should just go from here."

 

     "No.There's no point in trying to avoid the inevitable."

 

      Niamh sighed, shaking her head at the insistence of Joseph." Okay, but don't blame me if you two leave in garbage bags." With that said, she unlocked the door and led them into the building. They walked down a long hall, turning the corner to climb the back stairs. On the second flight stood a man, casually waiting in the way.

 

     "Excuse me." Niamh said thinking that he would politely move out of the way. He simply stared at her, as ig she said nothing.

 

     "Excuse me sir." She said firmer. He was a large man with a short blonde hairstyle. His clothes were normal, like everyone else's  as he stood there with his arms crossed leaning on the wall. She couldn't place his face as any of her neighbors. Looking back she saw Joseph's eyes squinted and Blaise's wide and open.

 

      " What are you doing here?" Blaise asked with authority as he recognized the Saslow worker. The challenge he seemed to be setting up perplexed him. Especially given the fact that he was so close to where Niamh lived.

 

     "Good morning Mr. Kincaid. Blaise." The man's deep drawl sent an uneasy shiver up Niamh's spine. She wondered how they knew the stranger.

 

     "Move." Joseph's stern voice left no room for disobeying him as he pushed Niamh aside, taking the lead in front of the other man. He nodded his head and took a step to the side allowing them a way up the stairs. Blaise put his hands on Niamh's waist, staring off with the out of place worker. When they reached the top of the stairs, they all turned back to see him watching Niamh intently.

 

     With a smile he took his leave down the stairs. Father and son eyed each other with concern for the woman in between them.

 

     "Who was that?" She asked wanting to know what was not being said between them.

 

      "You say your mom and Niall are here right?" Joseph said slowly, his tone sparking worry in Niamh.

 

      "Yes, of course. Why do you say it like that?" Her heart picked up speed as her knees locked.

 

     "Just to make sure I get to see them. Nothing more." He asuured her.

 

      "Come on you guys, let's get into the apartment." Blaise suggested as he pushed on behind them. He didn't feel okay with what had just happened, and was boiling to go straight to Daniel and ask what the meaning of his employee meant. They had no business to be on this side of town, but now it had changed.

 

      When they finally reached her front door, Niamh took her time opening it. She stuck her head inside to see how it looked. Niall wasn't on the couch watching a game as she had hoped.

 

       "Niall? Mama?" If luck was on her side, neither one would answer.

 

     "Right here. What are you doing Nia?" Lorraine opened the door farther from her daughter only to see two men that made her stomach cringe.

 

      "What is this?" She said bluntly. Pulling Niamh in by her arm, she blocked the entrance to the home from who she saw as intruders. She looked Joseph in the eye, feeling something rise from deep within.

 

     "Lorraine." He spoke softly. He didn't think he'd be affected so much by her body language; it screamed defense.

 

    " Hello Miss Deges, I'm Blaise Kincaid. I know we weren't properly introduced last time." He reached his hand out to her, but his politeness didn't affect her. He had no ill intentions, but Lorraine couldn't see through her muggy haze.

 

     " It's not necessary to do it now either, boy. Why is my daughter with you outside of work? Is this proper boss-worker etiquette?"

 

     " Mom, they just wanted to come say hello." Against her wishes that is. She hoped that questions about seeing her family wouldn't show up with her and Blaise now. She was content with not mixing the two, but it seemed like Blaise was more than okay with meeting her mom. She had seen guys who met parents for the first time, and had some common sense to see that he felt a new surge of responsibility  for meeting her. His smile seemed genuine, like he wanted her mom to have no reason to not like him. Aside from the fact that she wasn't looking for that kind of relationship with him, she felt bad for him knowing his actions would go overlooked because of a prejudice against him that he inherited from his father.

 

     "We happened to be at the same place getting breakfast. Since it's no bother, we brought her home Lorraine." Lorraine wasn't as trusting as Joseph had hoped. She felt trapped behind closed doors as a new face emerged around their home. He lingered awfully long on their floor and not once did he go or try to enter into an apartment. He had only shown up for twenty or thirty minutes, but it felt like hours as she stood watch at the peephole watching his every move.

 

      " I don't know what kind of sick shit you're trying to pull here, but that man didn't show up around here before you by  pure coincidence." She wished that he would just say it. Say that he was back on the mission to get rid of them. Nothing was scarier than the unknown. Their moves couldn't be predicted, and that gave them an advantage over Lorraine.

 

     "There was a man here? Did he come in Lorraine?" Joseph began scanning the house, checking to see if anything looked out of place even though he had never been there before.

 

     " His little asking for directions act was so blatantly obvious.Have I not warned you enough Niamh? Now their men are trying to make their way in! They have no respect for distance anymore!" Lorraine grabbed Niamh by her shoulders and shook her lightly. Her voice pleaded with her daughter to finally accept what she has been preaching all of these weeks.

 

      " Why do they have a reason to worry?" Blaise turned to his father and spoke what he thought was in a private tone.

 

   Before Joseph could answer, Lorraine spoke up." Your father! He's our reason to worry. You're probably no good either. There is some fucking plan going on with you Joseph, don't sic your son on my daughter. Have you no shame?"

 

     " Lorraine, it's long done. Let it go." Joseph stepped to her with just as much passion as she did to him.

 

      " How? I've driven myself insane behind you Joe! I nearly killed my heart because of all of the pent up anxiety of having to back track everywhere I went, I never knew if you were done with us or not." Tears swelled in her eyes as she bit the inside of her cheeks drawing blood.

 

       " Did you ever stop to ask me anything? You're so damn set in your ways Lorraine! You weren't hearing shit back then and not today either!"

 

      "Mr. Kincaid lower your voice please." Niamh stepped in feeling the need to defend her mother from the yelling match

 

    Joseph caught sight of the look in Niamh's eyes and turned away to collect himself. He placed his hands on his hips and took three deep breaths.

 

      " What would have been the point Joe?Things should have never went the way they did; you didn't do anything to prevent  it either."

 

    Joseph crossed his hands in front of his face fighting against the lump threatening to choke him in his throat. " I couldn't."

 

      "You wouldn't."

 

      "I would've. The time had been so wrong.You and Niall... I couldn't make a move fast enough." He spoke forgetting that there were others in the room. Lorraine and Joseph were zoned in on each other, each ready to pour their hearts out in the blink of an eye.

 

     "Have you ever regretted our son Joe? You were willing to see him every single day. Do things that only a father would, but you never let him call you daddy. If you hadn't wanted me-then that would have been fine-but God Joseph, I just wanted you to want Niall. He needed you more than I did." She let the tears flow freely breaking down on the spot.

 

       Blaise and Niamh stood flabbergasted at what they just heard between the old lovers. Joseph went to his knees gathering the only woman he has loved in his life as she wept over lost time. He joined her too at the thought of the hurt he had caused her...the family he could have had so long ago.

 

       "Jesus, what do you mean?"

 

         Niall stood at the front door stunned at what he heard and saw. His body went numb hearing his mother proclaim Niall as being Joseph's son. He wished that he could have delayed removing his earphones so that he didn't hear it.

 

         "Niall." Lorraine gasped. She wiped her face hurriedly and stood to her feet. She went to her grown son, grabbing for his arm, but was rejected as he side stepped her.

 

        "Take it back." He said in the calmest voice she ever heard him speak in. There wasn't any way for her to undo what had already transpired.

 

         "I can't." She wanted to touch her son. Hold him. The anguish on his face was too much for her to handle. Before anyone could stop him, Niall rushed Joseph. Joseph put up no fight, allowing the younger man to deliver the punches he knew were well earned.

 

     "Stop!" Blaise came to his aid, trying to pull the enraged Niall from him. Lorraine could only stand and watch the fight.

 

      One son against his father and new brother.

 

End Notes:

Read/Enjoy/Review please =)

Chapter 17 by Inthenykoftime
Author's Notes:

hmm

 

  "Is what she's saying true bastard?" Niall growled in Joseph's face as he delivered swift punches to his face. Though all three men were equal in size, Joseph and Blaise weren't able to fend off the raging Niall as his death hold on Joseph tightened. He wrapped his digits around the column of his neck, praying that he could crush his trachea.

 

      "Niall! You can't kill him!" Niamh yelled to her brother who happened to have lost all sense.  He was a man who fell victim to the single mother life when he shouldn't have. Seeing his pale face turn to a deep red egged him on to keep pressing the life out of him. Maybe if he went far enough, he would be rewarded with some compensation for the hell he went through his entire life. His mind flashed back to the plethora of times of the strange gazes Joseph would give Niall as a boy. The yearning he had to express how much he had meant to him living in a house where no one else acknowledged his existence but to condemn his family.

 

      Niall never admitted to feeling like a part of him was missing. He never wanted to depend on another man for anything after he figured out what role Joseph had really played in their running away. It had taken decades for them to return to town because of the fear he helped instill in them all.

 

     All of the hotels that wouldn't service them. The hospitals. Going from shelter to shelter was hell because as soon as they entered one, they were asked to leave. The Family's influence was enough for an organization to remove those they intended to help.

 

     Niall hadn't wanted to believe his mother when she would curse Joseph and The Family. He tried convincing her that Joseph was in it for us. He thought that all of the close encounters and hiding from his figure were only keeping them from the help he came to offer.

 

      One night out of their flight they had been chased down by a car driven by him. He never exited the car, but the men who did came bared with weapons like Washington in the Whiskey Rebellion. All of those men were meant for fragile people. Lorraine had slipped them off to a church, thinking that the holy grounds would keep even the devils after them out.

 

      It had worked.

 

      Niall gave in to the fatigue riding through his body as he was racked with emotions. His hits became softer, missing more and more of his targets. Blaise was finally able to pull him off of Joseph and slam him to the ground.

 

      " Who the hell are you!?" Lorraine beat on Blaise's chest seeing him throw her son. The sounds of coughing from Joseph mixed with Niall's sobs as he crossed his arms over his face and let his tears run. Niamh's brain was racing, feeling past capacity.

 

     She never said me. Her mother only mentioned Joseph fathering Niall, but not her. The taste of bile scratched her throat as she gazed on to her brother. She wanted to caress him, hug him, stop him from crying. Then her eyes fell upon her mother. She watched her lie on the floor next to Niall's trembling body.

 

      "Mom.." She whispered coming to her knees beside them. She reached out her hand to cup Lorraine's head, only to be swatted away. She attempted again, but this time Lorraine turned on her eyes blazing.

 

     "Don't touch me." Niamh's breath caught in her throat at the acrid rejection, everything inside her melting away. Her body swayed as she blinked rapidly trying to come to an understanding of what was happening.

 

       "Lorraine don't do this..." Joseph could instantly recognize her change in attitude. When she let go of somebody, she did it hard. The disbelief crossing Niamh's face told him that it in fact was happening.  Niamh ‘s hands shook as she braced them on her knees, willing her body to rise. Niall's hand went to grasp her ankle.

 

     " Wait Nia." He begged. He couldn't get his mother off of him, she was holding him down by her weight. She tore his hand from her leg, nearly making her topple. A hiccup escaped Niamh at the hurt of her action. Her breathing came faster, catching in her throat. Panic set into her as she stumbled around looking for something that was unclear to her. Joseph wiped his blood stained nose on his shirt sleeve as he stood up going for her, wanting to keep her from running off.

 

      "Dad, no." Blaise tried to stop his father from rising, concerned about his injuries.

 

         "Go with her."

 

         " You're hurt..."

 

        "Go with her!" He urged Blaise. His son stood there contemplating who to care for at the moment. Niamh and Joseph had his heart torn in who to console. He stood there opening his mouth and shutting it after not knowing what to say. By this time Niamh had already bolted out of the door and headed to her car.

 

     He took a look at his father and the Deges still on the ground. He shook his head at the madness, deciding that he  would question his father at a later, better, time. He jolted out of the house, seeing her go through the door leading to the stairs. Following her down, he screamed her name asking for her to stop.

 

     "Niamh slow down please!" She missed a step and tripped down a couple of stairs when she looked up surprised at hearing him. She got back up to her feet and skipped the steps down two at a time. Blaise leaped down the stairs to get to her faster. He reached her at the bottom flight, getting the door slammed in his face as she ran off to her car.

 

     Blaise assaulted the green button to allow his exit.

 

     "Wait!"

 

      Niamh fumbled with her car alarm, accidently hitting the panic button. She shrieked at the sudden loud sound and held her hands over her ears. Everything was becoming overwhelming and she had no idea how to function. The sound of Blaise's feet hitting the ground brought her back to her current situation. She took a deep breath and swiftly turn the alarm off and opened her door.

 

      Blaise ran into the driver's side pounding on the window as the engine cranked. Seeing her throw the gear in to reverse, he realized she wasn't going to stop for anything.He ran around the back of the car cutting to the passenger door. Niamh began moving before looking to see where he was and tapped him hard enough to bruise his hip. The passenger door flew open with Blaise sliding in.

 

 

       "Get out Blaise. You have to get out."

 

      "What do you think you're going to do?" He panted.

 

    She looked to him with tear filled eyes. She had no idea what she was going to do. A part of her felt that running into the biggest tree she could find at an insane speed would wrap her car around the trunk and leave her to float off and meet a new life somewhere else in the world.

 

      She also wanted to gorge herself on crying, but couldn't let that happen. Since she had no answer for him, she bit her lips and pulled out of the garage hitting fifty miles per hour by the time she made her turn out.

 

     "Niamh slow down; you shouldn't be driving in your state." Blaise pulled the seatbelt across his body watching the speedometer edge to seventy.

 

     "It's only thirty five through here Niamh. Stop." He tried keeping his voice leveled because the distant look in her eyes frightened him.

 

     "Shit!" He braced himself for the impact he expected as she approached a stopped city bus. He threw out his arm across her trying in any effort to protect her from flying through the windshield because she was not strapped in.

 

       She swerved off into a deserted parking lot coming to a harsh stop, tires screeching on the tar. Her chest clashed with the steering wheel, drawing a moan of pain from her. The adrenaline in both of them filled the car through their labored breathing. Blaise opened the eyes he had closed to see her clutching her chest with both hands as she laid her forehead on the top of the steering wheel.

 

         "What did you hit? Does anything feel broken?" He asked pulling her back to see the red coat now on her skin. He pressed his fingers around her chest, checking her collar bones, anything he thought that could be hurt.

 

      "I'm sorry." She said in a high voice. Niamh turned to him and grabbed the roaming hand on her chest, gripping it tightly against her stomach.

 

     "I'm so sorry."

 

     Blaise unhooked his seatbelt and reached over to pull Niamh into his lap. She came willingly, climbing over the armrest to slip into his hold. Her cool breath fanned against the side of his face as he held her dearly to him.

 

      "Today hasn't gone as planned." He said lightly. He watched outside of the windows seeing people passing by and nosily looking into the car. He diverted his attention from them and looked back into Niamh's brown orbs.

 

      "I'm not wanted. Do you know how devastating that is to a person who has been loved and doted on most of her life by her mother?" Her words were so quiet that they barely carried through the car.

 

     "That's not the case Niamh. She was going through deep emotions-"

 

      "You didn't feel it." Her lids went back causing her eyes to bulge as she stared into his.

 

       " I haven't felt a mother's love since I was five. Hell, nothing from a mother. I don't understand a mother's love, but I can see that she loves you no matter what. I don't think she meant anything by what she did in there."

 

      "I've never known what a father was. I just wanted to be there for my brother and she wouldn't let me. This must have been why she loathed the thought of me being around you two. She didn't want this to come to light. I didn't know Blaise....I didn't know she would feel this deeply about it. It's unfair Blaise."

 

     "What is?"

 

     "That Niall is now going to have Joseph. I can see that Joseph will not settle for being pushed aside now. Niall his hardheaded, he'll try to deflect everything Joseph will do for him now, but I know at some point he'll get through to him. Niall will have a dad, but not me." Niamh felt a pang of jealousy rise within her. She knew that her brother had nothing to do with how things were turning out; he had no say in it.

 

      "I hate them." Niamh declared.

 

       " Once you say them, they are here to stay." He warned.

 

      "You're right. I hate her." She sat up in his lap with a deadlock gaze on her knees." She's never done this before. I've never had a reason to not like my mother, but now..."

 

      "You don't hate her Niamh."

 

       "I'm the closest to hate that I will ever get. Blaise, it's like something has been awakened in her. Anger for me. Something about me is turning her into someone else.Why now?"

 

      "Your mother has a story to tell you-that she owes you--  one that will get everything across. I don't know or understand what my dad has done to them past...denying Niall," He said the last words with a tight throat at the thought of his father not being the man he thought he was,"but I promise you, things will come out when they should. Like how things are going now."

 

       A moment of silence passed as Niamh wanted to ignore his words.

 

      "I'm fucking my brother's brother." She said darkly.

 

      "Do you think you're the only one disturbed? I've fucked my brother's sister."

 

      " Fuck, we slipped by not having a parent in common." Niamh sighed as laughter built up in her chest.

 

      " I don't think it would be socially acceptable to love your sister intimately." Blaise joined into the laughter forgetting to keep his words in his head. Niamh stopped abruptly and scrunched her eyebrows at his remarck. Blaise's face began tingling realizing his folly.

 

     "What I meant-"  Loud tapping on the windshield startled them both as Blythe pounded on the glass.

 

Chapter 18 by Inthenykoftime

 

   "Niamh!" Blythe dragged her best friend's name out  as she peered in through the tinted windows. She could make out two figures, and saw Niamh in the lap of a man. For all she knew, he could have had her in a sleeper hold. Niall had blown every phone she owned up, asking her questions about Niamh's whereabouts. It was unusual for them to get this sudden need to know where she was at, in Blythe's opinion, they should have been this concerned about her years ago. The Deges had always represented everything Blythe had wished she had in her family-freedom. But as she became older and wiser, she realized that all of the room they left Niamh with to move around in had done her more harm than good.

 

    She almost hadn't come to his aid, but then she heard his tear laden voice and got in her car not minding the fact that she wasn't even done preparing for her day. She came with a scarf on her head and everything.

 

      These damn people need to pay me gas money for this... She thought. Slapping her hand flat across the glass, she pressed her forehead closer trying to get a better look. There was Niamh scampering from the man in her passenger seat for the driver's side door. Blythe was ready to raise hell about her friend getting cozy with a man like a high school girl while her brother was balling his eyes out looking for her ass. As soon as she opened her mouth, she halted and bit her tongue seeing the disheveled look in her eyes. Niamh looked lost, and Blythe had never known her to in all of the years she has known her.

 

     " Oh baby. Baby. Baby. Girl what's wrong?" Grabbing her face, Niamh went without a fight into her friend's arms.

 

     " Why are you all the way out here?" She asked, her words muffled against her pajama shirt. Lifting it she laughed." In this?"

 

   "Don't mind what I'm in." Blythe laughed along with her. Kissing her cheek, she rubbed away the scrunched skin between her brows." What have you gotten into?"

 

  " It's too long of a story B... my mind is reeling." Niamh fell back against the car taking a deep breath. She raised her arms into the air, and reached them towards the sun not blinking from its rays.

 

    " You've dragged me all the way across town, I'm all up for an explanation now. Niall has got to lose my number, he called me blubbering all kinds of nonsense and then when I show up wouldn't let me into the apartment to see what was going on. "

 

      "He called you?" Niamh groaned out of frustration. Why drag others around into their shit?

 

      " Yes." Shaking Niamh, Blythe looked past her and saw the man she was with emerge from the car." Are you a reliable source to tell me what's happening here?" She asked him.

 

     "Blaise it will only be a couple more minutes. Can you get back in....please?"  Niamh pleaded.

 

     He didn't listen to her and came around to the side they were on, standing beside her.

 

      "I'm not sure I'm the one to tell anything." He answered Blythe." I'm Blaise Kincaid, and you are?"

 

     "Kincaid...Kincaid... This is stepson?" She asked surprisingly, turning between the two people.

 

     " Stepson?" He said not in on the joke.

 

     " Shh.. Please." Niamh closed her eyes and covered Blythe's mouth. Her eyes studied Blaise as he looked on to the two women. Blythe kept trying to talk through Niamh's hand, but was constantly hushed. Slapping away her hand Blythe said," You have got some shit to tell me!"

 

     " Let that be later sweetie." Niamh said with a tight smile.

 

    Standing back, Blythe crossed her arms in her own way agreeing to leave it alone for now.

 

     " Has he kidnapped you?"

 

    "What?"

 

    "Threatened your life?"

 

     "Blythe..."

 

    " I mean, isn't he the main reason to your mom acting like an ass?"

 

    " Okay stop Blythe. I told you I would explain later!"

 

    " You're not going to tell me everything. I can see it in your eyes. I swear, to have known you for so long and being able to predict your next move Nia, you just will not talk to me talk to me."  The times when Niamh was having trouble paying off student loans, or when she was late on car payments, she never voiced her distress. Blythe would have been open to helping her out anytime she needed her to when things got serious. She had tried mentioning her offer a few times, but would instantly get shut down.

 

    "Your pride is too big for you to let me truly help you when you need it Niamh."

 

    " Get in your car and go back home."

 

    "No! You're going to listen to what I have to say!" Blythe blared.

 

    Niamh began fidgeting, not wanting such a personal conversation to happen in front of Blaise." Okay, you can chew me out later...alone. I've already told you this Blythe."

 

      "To hell with that. If he meant nothing to you, then you would have dropped him long ago to avoid all of this mess going on with your family now. I know you would have thrown him to the side if he wasn't important enough to put above them." Niamh began to respond but was cut off by Blythe's hand in her face. Turning to Blaise she pointed to him.

 

     " Do you know this woman is like Atlas? She has the whole world on her shoulders, never faltering with the weight. Then you come in and make her shrug. Atlas has shrugged and I do believe you are important enough to know her. She doesn't get personal with you does she?" Blaise was taken aback at her sudden approach. He had nothing to say and couldn't lie. Today was as personal as they had ever gotten-and this was by accident.

 

     Their talks were always worthwhile, but she always became skittish around the big subjects which he chose to let her slip by. He wanted to know more, but thought that he should let time bring it out of her.

 

     " Of course she doesn't. What she won't tell you I will."

 

    " You're crossing the line Blythe!"

 

    " She's the most confident person I have ever known to live. I've never seen her unsure of herself....ever and that's something to say for a person. She thinks she has all of the answers, and what she doesn't know it's okay to just blow off. Don't let her. Force her to say things, please! If I can't get her to, then I can only hope that there is someone out there that can. Sure I'm her best friend and you would expect me to know, but I'm not. And I'm perfectly fine with that. Not really, but I can live."

 

    A moment of strained silence passed.  Niamh physically trembled from the rage inside of her. Blythe had gone too far with talking about her to Blaise. She didn't anyone to have pity for her or treat her gently. He had already slipped up by mentioning ‘love' in the car, and she wouldn't forget that. Sex had nothing to do with love; to Niamh it was easily confused with lust. Later, she would remind Blaise of the contract they had drawn up.

 

       "Are you done yet?" Niamh's voice feigned calmness.

 

        "Hell no." Blythe dove for Blaise's pockets seeing the imprint of his cell phone. " You should have a lock code on here." She breezed through to his contacts list adding her number in."Now you can contact me because I will make sure you get the real deal with this chick here."

 

    Thrusting it back to his face Blythe stamped her feet and stared down Niamh.

 

     "This is ridiculous. When you are on the brink of death, do you think you can call a sister up to come help you then?"

 

     "Maybe if I have service."

 

     " Watch yourself Nia. I love you with all of my heart, but you're going to get into a spot that you can't get out of alone." With a sigh Blythe walked away from her friend hoping that she would see some truth in her words, yet didn't want them to become a real situation any time soon.

 

      "What are you going to do now? Go back to your home, or find somewhere else to be?"

 

      " Do you mind if I drop you off at your place? I would like to have some time to myself right about now."

 

    "How much can I trust you to be alone?" Blaise asked seriously even though Niamh laughed.

 

    " I'm not going to go off myself...yet. I have some things I need to know before then." Niamh thought her words were harmless, but when she turned to get back into the car, Blaise's hand caught her arm and forced her back around to see his disgust with them.

 

      "If you go then I go too. But of course we won't have to make that decision because you're going to get that shit out of your mind now. You think you're only kidding now, but who knows what kind of mess your mind will draw up once you've been pushed far enough Niamh."

 

        " You have obviously forgotten your role Blaise." Niamh was frightened by his care for her. What if he got a hold of her and she began feeling the same for him? She had to nip this in the bud now, she couldn't deal with any extra...baggage.

 

     " What role is that?"

 

     " We agreed on this Blaise. We have a very specific relationship, and you're stepping out of bounds."

 

    "Needing you is out of bounds? Possibly loving you is going too far?" He challenged stepping closer. She was forced to look up just in time to see him grab her neck and pull her in for a searing kiss. It tasted bad on her mouth.

 

    She tasted love.

 

    That was the most disgusting thing to her.

 

    "Stop!" She hurled him back away from her, wiping her hand across her mouth. Panic rose in her as she felt like she would begin to hyperventilate.

 

     " Is it that awful?" Blaise's voice creaked.

 

     " Whatever it is you're feeling...stop it.  Just. Don.t Go.There." She opened the car door, nearly slamming his fingers in it as she shut it violently. Blaise stormed quickly to the other side as she revved the engine.

 

      " Don't be such a coward Niamh! You won't die from learning how to love. Days like today, I want to know how to fix things for you, understand where you're coming from." He stood outside of the open door. Niamh pressed the gas sending the car flying a few yards ahead. Blaise fell to the ground at his loss of balance. She reached over to close the open door, but was stopped as soon as he was able to get his hands on it first.

 

     " If you want a ride home, then cut the crap and get in otherwise stay here. " She spoke through clamped teeth.

 

     " I'd be here right with you Niamh. Whatever wrongs that has been committed against you, let me make them right. I'll fuck up, I'm sure, but at least I'll be here with you. "

 

     "You wouldn't dare to look at me after seeing my list of sins Blaise. Just be quiet." Niamh rubbed her face and leaned against the steering wheel. He finally slid in to the car seeing her foot itch closer to the gas.

 

      "If it makes it any better for you, I have my own. I have ones that I don't even know about yet."

 

     "My morals are all fucked up."

 

     " Mine too." He answered softly. Looking at him, Niamh thought back to the moment of calm when he held her in his arms speaking in the same tone. There in that moment passed an exotic feeling that came and went.

 

     " Do you think that will make me change my mind."

 

    "No, not exactly." He grinned.

 

    " It's a deep one, Abysses everywhere you turn."

 

    "I'll follow you into each crevice."

 

      "You'll get sick of me. Often."

 

      " You'll be my medicine."

 

       " I'm well used."

 

    "You can always be restored."

 

    "Damn it Blaise! Stop counteracting everything I say!"

 

    "Well stop presenting me with a paradox."

 

    " If I grow up, I'd like to be in love with a person like you." Niamh said." But sadly, I've been grown since I was 6. Maybe in a next lifetime we could make this little shindig you talk of work. "

 

    " You know what else is pretty sad for you? I get a feeling you'll be reborn soon while I'm around. You'll be disappointed to learn that you will get a chance to be in love with a person like me because I will be at hand."

 

     " You're too hopeful. If you're not careful your feelings will get hurt."

 

    " I don't believe you would purposely do that."

 

    " I never said I would," Niamh pulled to the edge of the parking lot checking for traffic before she pulled out,"but shit happens."

 

    Blaise sat back in his seat feeling like he may have gained some ground with her.Niamh watched closely seeing a smile spread across. Hundreds of men have come and gone in her life. Each one helping her solidify reasons for them not to stay. Then this idiot comes along and changes the whole game.

 

    She could only think of how she was unworthy of being thought of in the way Blaise considered her.

 

      "Nuh uh. Don't let the look come out, I never said anything about even thinking about this."

 

      " You don't have to."

 

Chapter 19 by Inthenykoftime
Author's Notes:

SHORT AND QUICK UPDATE!

 

More tommorow for sure =)

 

     " They were accompanied by the Kincaids sir." The tall bald man stood before Daniel relaying his findings at the Deges' home.

 

     " Both you say? " Daniel teetered back in his chair as he watched one of his most trusted workers stand strong with both hands drawn behind his back.

 

    " Joseph and Blaise entered the building with the daughter sir. I'm sure her mother caught sight of me as she peeked out of the door."

 

  "Lorainne...Lorainne....Tell me, does she still glow? I could tell she has good genes, I bet she looks no different than twenty years ago." Daniel rhetorically asked. A smile came to his face as he thought back to the day of his conquest of her.

 

       Daniel Saslow's company had hosted a gala in honor of its anniversary. He sat in his limo that was parked in front of the main hall. The event stretched far into the morning and the wear of time was present on everyone's face. Across from him sat his wife Roanne in her extravagant dark green gown. Their daughter Darla laid in her arms fast asleep as her mother's head nodded succumbing to the same fatigue.

 

     A feeling of boredom ran through Daniel as he watched his family. Roanne and Daniel had been betrothed since birth, yet didn't meet each other until a month before their marriage. They had worked quickly, wanting to fulfill the desires of The Family in adequate time. Roanne was a blonde woman, petite in size and personality. Daniel had always craved a little pizzazz when it came to his women. Taking a swig of his liquor, he sighed at the start of the car as the driver climbed in. At the sound of the engine, Roanne's head popped up wide awake for the moment.

 

     " Oh Daniel, when did you get in the car?" She asked holding back a yawn.

 

    His response was delayed as he swallowed the contents of his drink." Some time now dear." Reaching for a refill, Roanne reached out to his hand stopping him.

 

    " I don't want your liver to waste away honey. Surely after the night we've had you've had your fill." She suggested as any wife conscious of their husband's intake would. Shooing her hand away, Daniel continued on undisturbed as he poured himself some more.

 

     Darla began to move restlessly in her mother's lap springing to life as she stared off disgruntled into the car. Climbing from her mother's hold, she crawled towards her father and got into his lap. Careful not to get his drink too close to her, he wrapped an arm around her small body and brought her into his side. Her head rested against his chest as he rocked her back to sleep.

 

      If there was anything to thank Roanne for, it would have to be his first child. He adored her deeply and would do anything in the world to keep her satisfied. She latched on to him more than her mother and he was proud of that fact.

 

    " I'm so happy her and Blaise were born so close. Don't you think they like each other?"

 

     " She's barely learning to stand and you are already thinking of that?" He asked detached.

 

    " I'm just saying, they could be good playmates. You and Joseph are so close, our kids can be too."

 

  " Yes, Roanne. Of course." Daniel's mind drifted to his friend Joseph. Joseph had not been born into their organization, and instead Daniel had pulled many strings for him to be accepted in. He had even arranged his marriage to the sought after Carol. Sure it was a way to help him get an in to The Family, but Daniel also benefitted from it also. Joseph's longtime love had grabbed his attention, and he was now ready to pursue her.

 

     When Joseph had suggested offering another outsider a job with him, Daniel had immediately said no. With weeks of suggesting from Joseph, he had finally agreed to meet the person he spoke so fondly of. When he first saw Lorraine Deges, his interest was sparked and he quickly hired her into his home wing, hoping to make strides with her.

 

      He soon found out how sickly in love she and Joseph were, and became irritated at the thought. He didn't appreciate his interest having her attentions elsewhere. Daniel thought back to the hell of the birth of Joseph's second son by Lorraine a few months after his first with Carol. He could recall the shouting match she had with him numerous nights in the unoccupied halls of his home. The child was now a couple of months old, and Daniel saw it as an appropriate time to make his advance.

 

     Lorraine should have had enough time to get over Joseph.

 

    If she didn't....oh well.

 

   Rolling the divider down, Daniel called to the driver.

 

   "Can we make this time shorter? My ladies are absolutely fatigued back here."

 

    The driver tilted his head in the rearview mirror where Daniel could see.

 

    " Oh Dan, there really isn't any rush. I'm sure he is just as tired as anyone of us." Roanne kissed her daughter's hand as she spoke. Daniel stroked the delicate hair at her nape as he watched the sight of their summer home appear. Though they were out of season, they couldn't pass up the chance to take their break in the beautiful home.

 

    When the vehicle came to a complete stop, Daniel waited for Roanne to climb out the door held open for her by the driver. When she stood to her full height ridding herself of a yawn, he placed Darla into her arms and remained in the car.

 

     " Are you not coming in?" Roanne's eyes passed over him skeptically. She particularly hated participating in the events for pleasure that The Family prepared for them. Daniel was one whom she knew took them up on their full offer of peace and pleasure on these trips, and she never trusted him out of her sight. Though no one ever actually outright told her of the women he laid with, she just knew.

 

    "Daniel..." She insisted when he simply stared at her. Reaching out to her hand, he grasped it in his in a false show of care.

 

    " I'll be there when you wake."

 

    " Can't you be there when I sleep?"

 

   "Roanne, I have something I must do before daylight breaks. Understand that."

 

   "With who? I'm sure whatever it is cannot be that big of an emergency. Rest Daniel....with me and your daughter tonight."

 

   "There will always be tomorrow. Show these two to the door." He directed his latter speech to the driver. Closing his door, he sat back into the leather seat and stretched both arms across the backs. He intentionally diverted his eyes from what was going on outside, the driver trying to coerce the distressed wife into the home.

 

    Daniel leaned his head back on the seat and closed his eyes as he warmed himself up for his game plan. He imagined the smell of Lorraine's hair, the slight grip her dress had on her body during the night...He was so enraptured by his thoughts that he hadn't heard nor felt the moving of the car.

 

      "Gehee Hotel sir?" The driver questioned as routine. It was a question he need not ask, but knew that his boss would answer nonetheless.

 

    "Mmhm. This is a pretty urgent issue so if you don't mind, get me there in five minutes."

 

   "Of course Mr. Saslow."

 

Ooooooooooooooo

 

   Lorraine toweled off her hair in the hotel bathroom as the steam from her quick late night, early morning shower dispersed. She wiped her face slowly, allowing relaxation to loll through her muscles.Putting on her large nightshirt, she grabbed the collar and inhaled the scent of the man in her life.

 

   Niall.

 

   It smelled of his baby lotion and spit up and was the best smell in the world to her. No matter how many times she washed it, hints of the scent still lingered whether that be an actual thing or just a thought in her mind. She had no one else to give her love to in the world, and she had become okay with that. Everything she felt for Joseph had been paralyzed and rendered useless for the time being. What energy she put on hold that was for him was put to use for her child.

 

 No one else.

 

    Turning out the lights to the bathroom, she trudged out to the hall before the bedroom. She couldn't bring her son with her on the trip. One reason was because of his young age, and another was from the advice of Mr. Saslow. She had cringed at the thought of him being left to the hands women she barely saw, but knew worked for Mr. Saslow.

 

     Hell, she barely saw Mr. Saslow at that. There couldn't have been more than ten people whom Lorraine actually communicated with while on the job. The home was so large and extensive that it was easy to be confined to one area of the house and still have a workload to complete. She had a vague memory of the first time she had met him, for the impromptu interview for the job.

 

    Ever since then, he had seemed like a man in incognito; he showed up at the queerest times. Turning on the bedside lamp, Lorraine saw that she had spoken of the devil.

 

    Daniel sat under the covers of her bed void of clothes from the parts of his body she could see. A hand struck out to capture Lorraine and pin her underneath his body in her state of confusion. A knee sat on her navel as Daniel put pressure on her diaphragm, making it difficult to breathe.

 

   "I do not believe I have ever said good morning to you Ms. Deges." He traced her jaw with his fingers. Leaning toward her mouth, he puffed out alcohol laced air across her face.

 

    "Good. Morning." He whispered against the shell of her ear.

 

Chapter 20 by Inthenykoftime

 

   Matthew Saslow pulled his car in behind his sister's as he parked in front of his mother's home. She had become a quiet desolate woman in the past few years, something that wasn't too strange to him.  Even as a child he knew his parents' relationship was different. It hadn't been a mutual one, but teetered along the lines of a parasitic relationship. He and his sister had been making bets on how long it would be for her to actually take the steps to leaving their father in her own way.


     Divorce was not allowed, but moving house was close enough.


    It wasn't like she had to worry about Daniel constantly showing up or stalking her life away from him. Though he would drop by unexpectedly, he never took too much to being around her. Out of sight, out of mind was the mantra he seemed to adopt and could sleep at night with. Matthew had always taken the stand of allowing his parents' business between each other to stay just that; Darla also walked alongside him in that belief.


    Skipping up the stairs to her small home, he rhythmically knocked on the heavy wood door until it was opened.


     "You have a key for a reason Matt. Doing all of that damn knocking." Darla drew her brother in by his shoulders, laying kisses to his cheeks. Matthew wasn't one to be outdone as he dipped her and splayed the same affection times ten to her. Darla laughed wholeheartedly as he teased her with the scare of dropping her as she tilted over.


    " No one greets me like that anymore..." Roanne came through the foyer with her arms crossed over her sweater clad body even though it was nearly eighty degrees outside. A smile barely showed on her face as she looked on to her kids, but Matthew knew she wasn't a completely emotionless person. It had become harder for her to express herself through the years of being married to Daniel, and she had turned to staying neutral in all situations.


    " You need to go find you a boyfriend Ma. I know a couple of guys that we can line up and pick from." He suggested as he dragged his sister behind him to greet his mother. He fought his muscles that wanted to lean down and kiss and hug his mother. She would only become uncomfortable and dismiss him quickly. He'd rather not do anything if it meant she would still be open with him.


   " Yeah Mom. That's what the modern family looks like now according to some people. Wife, her husband, and boyfriend. Your butt is as perky as mine, you still have time!"


    " No, no you two crazies. My butt will just rest from here on out. Matthew, I made you a pound cake come on and have some." Roanne's blue eyes dully sparkled as she led her children into the kitchen. Pulling each of them a small plate and glass of milk out, they sat down to her dining table and enjoyed the snack.


    "When's the last time you spoke with your father?" Roanne asked quietly, twiddling her thumbs as she brought up Daniel. Her throat scratched from the scream she held in.


      " It's been a couple of weeks for me." Darla replied as she sat back in her chair drawing both her feet up onto its edge." He won't return any of his only daughter's calls."


   Matthew took a quick glance to his sister." Don't fret. I'm sure you aren't the only daughter with an overdue phone call." He mumbled past his sip of milk.


    The clatter of his mother's plate on the ground startled everyone. Roanne didn't even bother to pick it up as she stared at her son with eyes filled with fire.


    " What'd you say?" Darla said absentmindedly. She just so happened to be browsing her cell phone, missing the entirety of what Matthew said.


    " He's talking nonsense. How is work going Matthew?" Roanne stood and cleared the table and hoped to clear the air along with it.


    It would be impossible for her to now. Matthew had found out long ago about his father having a child outside of the marriage. His mother had ranted to him once after a fiery argument between them, letting loose so many secrets she soon regretted. She had never revealed more than there being another daughter to him. The ghost of the girl's name lingered around him for years, and now he believed he had figured it out.


    He had been furious with the way his father had acted toward Niamh when he showed up during breakfast days ago. He had sat by and watched their exchange, horror filling him as he saw the facial features she shared with Daniel, Darla, and Matthew.


   Matt couldn't understand how he never saw it before.


   But what could have been expected of him? There had never been a reason to suddenly assume that a random woman he befriended would be his long "lost" sister.

    " It's the same as it has always been Ma." He tapped out and decided to back off of the subject after sensing her apprehension.


     " That's great. " She said as enthusiastically as possible over her shoulder as she ran water in the sink." I'm glad you've taken your own road."


   " There can only be one driver."


    She sent a small smile to him, and sat on her counter." I wish I had realized that when I was your age. It's much too late for me now."


     " Mom, age ain't nothing but a number. Strive for what you want." Darla pumped a fist in the air encouragingly.


    " Speaking of striving, when will you and Blaise give me grandbabies?" Roanne asked hopefully.


   " That ship has sailed for good. To never return. The world is flat and it has gone right over the edge." Darla stood to her feet and danced around. She had spoken to Blaise many times since her run in with him and his new companion. Many nights she sat up on the phone letting him speak every word on his mind. All of his wishes, desires, and fantasies that now flourished since Niamh. Blaise had turned into a showy man as he messaged Darla all of the secret snapshots he had taken of Niamh in various and odd situations. She danced because she was happy he had finally found someone, and if luck was on her side, she would soon follow along with him.


    " Did you two have a falling out?" Her mother asked concerned.


   "Not at all. We've had an...enlightment maybe? I'm not sure what word I want to use."


    " You should read more. Expand your vocab, huh?" Matthew said sarcastically." So, he and Niamh....they are for sure together?"


       "Yes which means she's of limits. B told me he sees how you flirt with her."


       "Dear God trust me when I say that will never happen again...." He mumbled under his breath dodging his mother's glare as he made his way to her living room. Plopping down on the couch, he reached for the remote and flipped through the channels. Darla squeezed herself in the tiny space between his legs and the back of the couch, sitting comfortably with her legs elevated.


    " Why'd you say it like that? I don't know much about chick, but I think I like her. How is she? Blaise only gives me the love obsessed version. He talks more about her and I just may fall in love too."


    " She's not what you would expect, and that's a good thing definitely. Maybe I'll steal her away from Blaise and we three can, I don't know, hang out. She will be family soon."


    A hovering aura of rage filled the room, and sent chills up his spine as he spotted his mother at the doorway.


   " Blaise will probably put a ring on it, and she'll be our sister. In- law that is." He spoke quickly adding in the last part to ease his mom's stare that bore into him. Turning the TV up, he drowned out her unleashed hollers.


Oooooooooooooo


   Blaise pulled Niamh forward, wrinkling her purple t-shirt as she rode him slowly. The heat in his house was intentional, the both of them preferring it over too much air.He watched her easy descent down to the base of his dick as if it were the first time he had ever seen anything so beautiful. She was beautiful. She made his dick beautiful. His dick had always been just that-a dick-until he was opened to Niamh.


    His back stretched as he leaned back on one hand in the middle of the bed. Toes curled on all four feet, Niamh's knees gripping his thighs even tighter.


      "Blaise. You are so right." She panted lightly into his ear. She bit his lobe, dragging her teeth along it.  Sweat coated her skin, her inner thighs, making her ride slippery as she glided on him. A roughened hand crawled under her shirt and palmed her tight and heavy breasts. The squeeze he gave them caused her to shudder, breaking the pace she had managed to master despite herself.


    Blaise grabbed her by her waist holding her steady as he took the lead once he saw her body unable to do so. When she leaned away from him as if to run from the feelings he gave her, the feelings she so desperately needed, he pulled her right back to him making sure she caught each thrust he had to give to her.


    "I can't...baby I can't." Niamh's gasps for air grew louder along with his ferocity and power."Blaise!" His name stuttered across her lips. He was her drug that she was more than happy to abuse. In every aspect, he soothed away any ill conceits she had-which were many. With him she didn't have to think about her family's betrayal. She didn't have to feel that hurt all of the time, and for that she was grateful. Niamh knew that had it not been for him, she would have gone off the ledge by now. She now knew that she wasn't capable of dealing with such things, and the scariest part was the feeling of weakness she had. She had overestimated her abilities and had came close to smashing into a stonewall.


    " It's okay. Let it happen. Let it come." He grunted trying to hold on to everything he had. He knew Niamh needed to feel gentleness from someone, but her tight hold on him nearly made it impossible. He moved the curls that fell from her ponytail out of her eyes, wiping away the glistening there. Her eyes were dark and strong, looking at him with feelings so deep his stomach clenched. He hated the prison that housed her awakening within her eyes. He kissed her cheeks, loving the heat and redness which decorated them.


       His hand ran along her stomach, feeling it go cold from all of her exertion. That was a sign that they both had put in work. Changing their position so that he was now on top with her knees pressed against his shoulders  Blaise stroked into her body, rotating his hips with dips and meeting her flesh with his.


    The crescendos of her cries were melodic as she hung her head off of the bed, eyes rolling into her head. Blaise made sure to encase her within the frame of his body so not to rock her off onto the  ground. Neither of them paid any attention to the ringing of his cell phone as they moved as one.


     His house phone began ringing.


    Then back to his cell phone.


    "Harder." She whispered in her hoarse voice.


     The dark spots on the front of her shirt from perspiration disappeared as he pushed the cloth above her breasts, capturing each into his mouth one at a time.The caramel brown tips stood proudly at him accepting his attentions. The softness in his mouth drove his eyes shut as he felt the gripping of her muscles around his dick, strangling it.


     Blaise released a moan, pressing the side of his face into her chest to rest. The convulsions around his shaft were mindblowing, and he wasn't the only one feeling their strength. The small of Niamh's back rose off the bed several time as her orgasm traveled through every nerve of her body. A loud ringing in her ear blocked out all noise as she stopped midair with her back arched and teeth pinching into her lips.


    Blaise was determined to meet her on the mountaintop of ecstasy as he finally allowed his release to follow hers. The condom which he protected both of them with became heavy with his seed as both lovers wrapped around each other.


    "No one else Niamh. No man but me do you hear?"


   "Hmm?" Niamh asked just now getting her hearing back. Blaise grabbed her by her neck and brought her forehead to his.


     " You and I only. No one else for either of us." He declared between pecks on her lips.


    " Are you signing your life away to me?"


    "I'm promising it to you." He said seriously. The humor that Niamh held went away at the tone of his voice. She connected with his eyes and found nothing amusing.


    " Forever?" Her voice came out barely over a whisper.


   " For all time. Whenever. Where ever for you." Blaise laid his face into her neck at the feel of her fingers on his scalp. The ringing of his cell phone was finally heard by them from the living room.


    " I can do that. It can happen. It will..." Tears threatened to show in her eyes, and she had been thankful for Blaise's being closed and her voice which belied the storm of emotions within her.


    " You should go get that." She told him as the calls never let up. She felt his length finally begin to soften as he shifted out of her. A breath she didn't know she was holding blew out at his withdrawal. She drew her legs together as emptiness threatened to invade her. She mentally shot it down telling her body that it wasn't just the sex with him that held her up. It was beyond that. Blaise kissed her deeply once more as he rose to sore legs.


     He walked with no care of his bare lower half to retrieve his phone. Niamh rolled to her stomach watching the walking sculpture as he left.


      Both caller ids read over twenty missed calls from Justin. Blaise rolled his eyes as he prepared himself for whatever emergency he would have for him as he noted the frequency of his calls meaning something was urgent. Blaise looked to the time seeing that he only had a couple of hours before he had to sit in another meeting being held by The Family. He dialed Justin's number and waited in no time for him to answer.


     " May I help you?" Blaise said into the telephone.


     "For fuck's sake good thing I hadn't been on the verge of death...." Justin said exasperated into the other line as he wiped his forehead of the sweat that had gathered there. He had managed to find his way into big plans. Plans that Blaise would know about.


      The Family was advancing, and Justin's captain was kicking him in his ass to make him catch up.

 

Chapter 21 by Inthenykoftime

 

     "You drag your ass anymore there, and I'm sending all of my men in at once Royer! So help me..... You've never pulled bull like this before in all the years you've worked for me."

 

      Having his captain scorn him had placed a massive headache behind Justin's skull. He had no activity detected whatsoever, and was beginning to believe all of the time and energy he had placed in this assignment was done in vain.

 

     What had he been doing?

 

    He stalked his small apartment for days, going back to the drawing board which presented itself as  a complete jumble to the mind he had today. He was set in the ways of Justin as his temporary role. He had yet to penetrate the thickest outer layer of The Family. Until this week that is.

 

      Affiliates of The Family showed their ignorance in revealing a key development in the falling of their clan. A rookie mistake. A careless one. Of course they had no idea it had been made. Paul did not doubt that they knew of being under surveillance by the likes of the government, and he had little reason to think they would fear such interference. Politics was such a smorgasbord of dirty tricks, that had the right people crossed their paths, they would surely be paid requital and dealt with accordingly, leaving all activities to continue as they were.

 

        They had mastered and manipulated the use of an electromagnetic pulse bomb. Paul's mouth turned sour, body became limp when he fully processed the damage that could be done behind this type of power. There were novels based on this kind of catastrophe, past events that were a result of this in other countries was well known among some, and he had no idea what kind of outrageous outcome could be produced from such a corrupt group.

 

      He had yet to relay the news that everyone who was involved with his set up under the eye of The Family had been waiting for. It didn't add up. An EMP fit nowhere in Paul's outline that he had drawn up from the months of studying and what he thought was close observation. He refreshed his memory on all that he knew of this type of weapon.

 

     How successful could they be with this?  Their intentions of the use of the bomb were nowhere in sight for Paul, and he had to run to it, see what lied ahead and prevent it. His instinctual reaction was to immediately get in touch with Blaise.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

 

        "You know, for as long as I've known you, you've rarely came by here. Same goes for me with your place. What's up with that?" Blaise casually lounged on his sofa across from Justin. He watched the ticking of his temple, the layer of moisture gathering on his face.

 

      " If you're sick, don't you think the hospital would give you more help than I?"

 

      " I'm sick beyond just some antibiotics or a shot Blaise. " Justin closed and opened his fists rhythmically to the beat of his heart." You're going in today, aren't you?"

 

     Blaise naturally took glances to his bedroom door, seeing it ajar and the shadows of Niamh walking past the door. "Bathroom," he thought, "She must be going to the bathroom."  Justin and filtered out any other noise in the home, the only things he could hear were the questions fighting for positions to be asked, and his heartbeat in his ears. The possibility of preventing mass destruction shook Justin to his nerves.

 

       " I'm not quite sure how you would know, but yes I am. Going the extra mile, you know?"

 

       " You mentioned it once."

 

      " No I haven't."

 

     " No, no, I'm pretty certain you did."

 

     " I haven't spoken to you in a week. I just found out a day ago." Blaise's posture changed, stiffening slightly as he threw his legs from over the arm of his couch, planting them on the floor. Justin had a tendency to spend most of his cleaning time in offices, it was something Blaise had noticed since he began working at the original Apex. He had always figured that it was just part of his job, and maybe Blaise lazed around watching the janitors work too many times.  He had been sent an urgent email calling for the attendance of the seven elite members.

 

     Blaise would never slip up to anyone who never sat in the room during these meetings about any information.

 

     " Stayed late a few nights, heard talking about it earlier." Justin lied.

 

     " Why are you bringing it up?"

 

      " I think I've finished bullshitting with you." Coming forward on his elbows, Justin locked eyes with the man in front of him." What king of things exactly do you Kincaid's build for the purpose of eclipsing it, placing them in the shadows?"

 

     " I'm not sure I know what the hell you're talking of." Blaise let out defensively taking a lower tone.

 

     " I've been there long enough to catch on. Something about me is obviously different from my other co-workers, don't you think? From what I know they have long term connections with your father's company, yet here I am setting a precedent as being a minority amongst them. What's so special about your line of work?"

 

    " We build buildings. People buy them. People use them. You don't need to take quantum physics in order to understand that concept fully."

 

     Blaise couldn't decipher Justin's sudden change in attitude. He teetered along the lines of damn near erupting. He tried to contain himself. He couldn't ruin his relationship with Blaise in the blink of an eye because of his adrenaline rush.

   " Well, you know. Sometimes there are more things beneath the surface. I just figured maybe a project was underway. Any way I could help you out." Justin said nonchalantly with an innocent smile. He saw the pressure between Blaise's eyes release as the wrinkles flattened themselves out.

 

    "How do you figure that? By dragging your cleaning lady cart around with you?" Blaise finally felt his back collapse back into the couch. He brought a hand to his face rubbing it along the stubble that had grown there.

 

     " That cart has got me a lot of places. Don't underestimate its abilities."

 

     "Blaise?" A feminine voice entered the room from the bedroom door. Niamh stood in a white t shirt and dark blue jeans. She pushed her arms into the sleeves of a light cardigan as she watched both of the men sitting in the living room. She had been in the shower as she heard the conversation being carried on. Blaise's guest spoke in a loud voice while it had seemed like Blaise meant to keep his at a calmer level. When she noticed the difference in volume, she ceased the humming she used as a way to not even accidently overhear anything being said.

 

      "Oh, Nia. You've met Justin before, but here he is again. Justin this is Niamh." Justin had not expected for there to have been any extra people in the house at the time, and upon seeing her a mental list of the background information of her came to thought.

 

     Raised by a single mother named Lorraine Deges along with her older brother Niall Deges.

 

    Twenty six years old.

 

     Recipient of various awards from high school on through college for the myriad of contests she entered and conquered for architectural design. From the many articles in local newspapers he had read up on many interviews she had as a young person to watch. Niamh Deges had graduated top of her class, dueling it out with few effortlessly. Job offers fell into her lap immediately after her graduation.

 

    She never answered to one of them.

      She could have been set for life, had her name posted to great structures by now, yet she passed by the chances without a second thought.

 

      "It's nice to see you once again Niamh." Justin stood and walked to offer a handshake.

 

     " Same can be said for you." Niamh nodded her damp head as she gave a friendly smile. She walked to the couch, taking a seat in the corner with one leg propped up underneath her chin. She looked from under her eyelashes as both men seemed to rock around from being uncomfortable.

 

   " What time do you have to leave for this meeting?" She asked. Blaise clenched a fist as he turned in Justin's direction.

 

     "You heard that?"

 

    "Well, it kind of just came through."

 

   "In the next hour or so. Will you be fine here?"

 

   " Of course I will. I just didn't know you would have to leave." While she spoke to him, her focus was on Justin.  The way he had spoke of the meeting now made Niamh curious as to what he was going for also.

 

     " I think I should be on my way then." Justin said under the watch of Niamh. He turned to Blaise, clapping his shoulder." When you finish up, you should call me up. We can go down to the bar, catch up and ...other things."

 

     " You must be pre menstrual. If I can remember then yeah, I guess I'll give you a ring." Blaise walked towards the door, wanting to help Justin move faster to his exit. He felt slightly alarmed by Justin's appearance, and he would prefer that he left then.

 

     The sooner, the better.

 

    "That's my cue then. Niamh, it would be great to have you come along to. If you're available later."

 

   " Thanks for suggesting. That wouldn't be too bad."

 

   " We'll talk about this later Justin." Blaise cut in putting an end to the visit. When Justin finally walked out his door, Blaise found himself waiting and listening for the sound of him driving away.

 

       " I hate him for coming to remind me of where I need to be." Blaise tossed back his head and let out a stress bubble of air. When he looked to Niamh, he saw her fidgeting with the seam of her jeans, tracing it with a finger as she bit her lip. She was in deep  thought and Blaise could read it all over her face.

 

     " How serious is the meeting?"

 

     " What...what do you mean?"

 

     " Like... Is it just to address normal things within the business, or bigger issues. Possibly something dangerous?"

 

     Blaise shook his head in confusion." What the hell are you saying?"

 

    "What I am trying to say is, oh hell. I don't know. Is there something I should know about who I work for? What Justin was saying started to make some kind of sense to me. Joseph is the head of the company, yet he literally comes to work and goes home every day, and I know he isn't the hands off kind of boss. "Niamh had much time to sit and converse with him over any and everything. His description of his nights always had something to do with going to read a book, paint one of the rooms in his house. Yes, she understood that she in no way had any right to be in on every detail of his business, but it was just unusually for a man of his caliber to never bring up and express excitement for new ventures he took on.

 

    "Niamh."

 

    " I'm not trying to invade or force my way into your business, but I don't even ask questions about Joseph's success...his future. Those are thoughts consuming me each and every day and they only intensify when I'm around him."

 

    "Niamh disregard what Justin-"

 

     " There's so much I've wanted to learn from him, yet no time seems like the appropriate time to ask!" Niamh had stood in the middle of her heated one way conversation. She was simply speaking the things on her mind and completely forgot she was even really talking to Blaise. It was as if she were opening up her skull so that her thoughts could be audible. Blaise grabbed her by the cheeks seeing that she intended to ramble on.

 

     "Niamh!" He said in a voice that wasn't too loud, but firm.

 

     " Yes?" Niamh felt her heart skip a beat at hearing her name spoken so suddenly. She knew that she was well on her way towards throwing a hissy fit, and was glad it was cut off before it really let out.

 

      " How much....would you want to know?" Blaise said his words carefully, studying her face as it lit up in a way that made his appear crestfallen. He didn't know what drove him to believe in that split second that he must share something...anything with Niamh. It couldn't be just anyone, but her.

 

      " You're going to give me the inside scoop?" Niamh wiggled her eyebrows as she held down a wide grin.

 

       Say one word, and you sign her life away to them. The voice in his head brought Blaise back to his sanity. One lick of information passing from his lips to her would only cause for Niamh to be forever a playing piece on The Family's game board. She wouldn't be able to rid herself of the behind the curtain hectic mess .  Kissing her forehead, he pushed away from her, feeling guilty of dirtying Niamh with his hands. He pushed them into his jeans pockets. Somewhere in the back of his mind, he knew that introducing Niamh to the deceitful lifestyle he was involved in would only trap her into a relationship where options were never allowed. She would become a stooge along with him, and he refused to put her in that position.

 

     Even though he felt that he may have already ruined any chances of her from living normally from here on out.

 

      Looking at the digital clock on his DVR, Blaise excused himself." I have to get ready if I want to get there in time."

 

     Niamh shook her head as the pleased look she once held dissolved into something less intense. "Yeah, you're right." Walking to the kitchen, Niamh left Blaise to stand alone in the living room.

 

    "Would you like to drive me? I'd hate to leave you all stuffed up in here. I definitely don't want you taking a bus or anything so, I'll give you my car to use."  Just as he expected, she came barreling through the room, hugging his waist from behind.

 

      " That's my boy. I'll finally get to see where you work. I wonder what kind of hidden passages-"

 

     " No, I didn't mean for you to come in and trespass." He laughed." I don't think it's safe for you to be dallying around in there, especially outside of regular work hours."

 

     " Not safe? There will be at the most fifteen people in that whole building. It's a big ass building I'm sure Blaise! What are the chances of me running into someone?"

 

      " I don't want you in there."

     " It's nothing serious..."

 

      "Look, I promise to show you the inside. One day when I can be with you. Deal?" Niamh laid her head in the crook of his shoulder, lightly sucking on the strong flesh there as she accepted his words. His fingers interlocked with hers as he tilted his head to watch her nearly black eyes.

 

      " I can take that." Capturing her lips in a slow sensual kiss, Blaise smiled.

 

      " Damn, I don't feel like having a woman who agrees so easily with everything."

 

       "Don't worry about that...Once I get you in, I show my vindictiveness and suck the life out of you."

 

       " Sucking?  You know what sounds really good right now..."

 

       Giving him a shove to the bedroom, Niamh let out a loud boisterous laugh.

 

       " Homeboy, what do I look like? You should have been talking that talk when I had my ass in that shower."

 

      "You should have told me your ass was down then!"

 

     " With company?"

 

     "Shit, my house. I tell people when to leave."  When they entered the bathroom, Niamh began adjusting the water temperature as Blaise got undressed. Stepping around her, he climbed into the shower.

 

      "You know what I have to say to that?" She asked in a low sexy voice, giving Blaise a look over as water began falling on his body.  One eyebrow was raised as he allowed her to have a free look.

 

     " Let me know."

 

    "Too damn bad." Smacking his teeth, he pulled the shower curtain with emphasis to her chuckles. Before walking out of the bathroom, she shut the lights off to his curses and left him to himself.

 

Oooooooooooooooooooooo

 

       The sight of the steel structure standing grand against the sky filled Niamh's vision as Blaise slowly crept into the parking lot of the Apex. The lines and planes were all too familiar, but something she had never seen before. The  only thing that she knew for certain was that it was a mind child of Joseph, being born to beautify the land we were blessed to live on. She wondered how many everyday people drove past this and not once stopped to appreciate the advancements of the human's ability to create. She could only think of the vivid images and inspiration she drew from Ayn Rand novels as a child.

 

     Niamh would read from cover to cover and grasp the book and its hefty weight against her chest, praying for the chance to one day fulfill her dreams, her destiny.

 

        " I'm sure this will run for a few hours, so don't be in a rush to come back." Blaise said as he unbuckled his seat belt, putting the car in park. He looked to the security tower just across the way void of an overseer. They exited the car with Niamh taking over the driver's seat. Beyond the tinted glass doors, there were the faint silhouettes of figures moving about languorously, but with power.

 

     " Do you have an hour to shoot me?"

 

     "Not a specific one. Now, don't leave me here all day, I'm not saying that. But I seriously give it two hours. No more than two in a half." He brought his attention back to her as he gripped the door handle, leaning down into the window. Niamh tapped her thumb atop the steering wheel as she took notice of the people inside the building also.

 

    " Hey..." He softly called.

 

      She saw two figures stop suddenly, turning to face the large sliding doors in a way that cause Niamh to feel like a locked target.

 

     "Nia.." Blaise held on to her chin, turning her head to his own so as not to be bothered with whoever was on their way outside.

 

     " This is the first time you've let me drive this thing. I'm going to front in it as much as I can." She said with a deep sigh, peppering his lips with kisses of her own.

 

     " When I get out of here, we'll do something nice. Relaxing. Maybe take Justin up on his offer." Before he knew it, Daniel and Darla Saslow stood on the other side of his car watching the couple in their exchange. Darla peered into the clear windows which held no tint whatsoever.

 

     " Blaise, Niamh." She greeted with a smile as she walked in her heels and skinny jeans to join them. Niamh watched the expert walk. Well, less expert and more natural. A genuine smile graced her face just for Darla as she approached. Niamh was already opening the door when Blaise forced it shut with a slam.

 

     "Hey sweetie." Taking Darla in for a warm hug Blaise made sure to keep his weight against the door Niamh continued to open. He watched closely to the man who strode slowly to get closer to where they all were.

 

      " Blaise, I would really like to get out...so I can properly say hello." Niamh said with an awkward laugh.

 

     " Come on B, let the girl out. Wait, he's letting you drive? I let this kid feel my boob for free in the sixth grade, and he has yet to let me drive any one of his cars." Darla whispered harshly in a teasing voice.

    " So long ago Darla. So long ago." Blaise mumbled.

 

    " Blaise sure does have his ways when it comes to a daughter of mine, doesn't he?" The deep voice soaked through the air reaching them. Daniel stepped to them without a care in the world, comfortable where ever he placed himself.

 

     " Dad, you say that like you weren't a cheerleader for us some time ago."Darla waved him off as she moved Blaise from out of the way and released Niamh from the car. The two women were naturally inclined to wrapping their arms around each other. Niamh's mind raced in confusion at her action, something she didn't even remember thinking of to do. She expected herself to just give a wave or a smile for Darla. A force she couldn't place sent her in a different direction. Niamh could feel the intensity in Darla's hug-she really meant it-while at the same time knowing that the one she gave in return was lesser.

 

      Niamh's mind told her that the emotional pull to the woman she felt was a good thing, but she couldn't get her brain to connect with her body and allow her physical self to convey what she felt. Her brow was burrowed as her mind also told her something else.

 

     Daniel Saslow.

 

     " Hello Mr. Saslow." She was the first and only to speak. She remembered Blaise's mentioning of his importance. She remembered the arrogant and devilish aura surrounding him the day in the restaurant. Niamh's  mind told her to not ignore Mr. Saslow. Acknowledge his presence, and let him know that she in fact saw him.

 

     Possibly for everything he was.

 

     Daniel's mouth curled into a snarl as he glanced over her with seemingly disinterest. " Blaise. Do you always pick your toy of the week from among the employees?"

 

     " Dad." Darla condemned him openly.

      " With all honesty Mr. Saslow, if you prefer to pretend that I am not standing here, tall and visible, then I do suggest you not speak of me. I don't expect you to hold an ounce of like for me, but I cannot and will not tolerate your blatant disregard for me."

 

     No one spoke as the woman stared the man who she did not know gave his part in her being brought to her mother's womb. Niamh could feel an energy enter her that she only felt once in her life. The first time she met Daniel face to face.

 

      "Such courage. I've never experienced this before young lady. Where do you get it from? Not your mother." Daniel stepped to Niamh, so close that the heat of both of their bodies collided with one another.

 

     " Who are you to speak of my mother Mr. Saslow?" Niamh answered in a neutral expression. She never thought to coward from his domineering gestures. Daniel's shoulders rose slightly, his own way of shrugging.

 

     " It's a quality I've only seen in a man, Ms. Deges." Her insolence towards him; the moxie to even look him in the eye with such contempt, they both intrigued him to no end. The look of anger she had when he touched on the subject of her mother. Lorraine. It was a look that nearly mirrored some of the feelings toward the woman he felt himself and one that Daniel assumed to mean that the woman before him was truly a fruit of his loins.

 

      " I'm glad to have given you such an experience." 

 

     Yes.

 

     From what he could see, could sense, there was much in store within the body of Niamh. He knew of her achievements and if he were another person, he would be fully impressed and desperate to reel in such a highly motivated, highly skilled person for his own use.

 

     " Daniel, I do believe that we should head in now. I'll see you later." Opening the door for Niamh, Blaise intended to end the talk between the two. With a less than concerned look, Daniel turned on his heels, making his way to the entrance doors on his own.

 

     " He can be an asshole sometimes Niamh. I could apologize, but I would be doing so for the rest of my life." Darla's hand fell to her shoulder apologizing on Daniel's behalf.

 

     " You start apologizing for your love ones, and you'll never stop. You're right Darla." Niamh spoke without taking her eyes from the back of the man leaving them to be for now. He moved in a stealth manner, like a lurker, and Niamh felt every hair on her body stand at attention from the feelings he was able to inflict upon her . Stepping away from the car, Niamh took the door from Blaise's hands sending him a loving smile as she hugged him. He watched the change in her, the change in Daniel.

 

     The uncomfortable feeling always standing just a step away from Blaise came into full contact with him.

 

    Taking a deep breath, hoping but failing to clear his mind, he left.

 

    " So.... I'm going to hop into the passenger seat and we are about to go off together." Darla strolled to the said door, and invited herself in.

 

Chapter 22.1 by Inthenykoftime
Author's Notes:

Errors and all.....Here you go

 

I do want to note that in my second part of their story, I will have Blaise much more developed along with other characters also.

 

  Blaise walked into the conference room filled with men who showed assiduousness to their cause. As always, silence met his ears upon stopping in front of them all. Like street lights, sinister smiles flickered one by one as he gazed upon each face. Blaise knew that he only interested them for his stand in his father's company. He was next in ownership to all of their dismay. He had come across documents years ago allotting nearly the majority of Joseph's estate to Blaise. Should his father throw his hands up in surrender, everything would fall upon his son.  Reluctance kept Blaise from verbally addressing the new discovery. The look of pure rage masking Daniel's face had set off every alarm in Blaise's mind. He knew that that was the look of destruction, and for the first time in his life it had been directed towards him. Even if it was for but a jiffy, Blaise made sure to not kid himself with Daniel's return to his nonchalant condescending attitude that gave him an odd relief to see usually.

 

        Now it only reminded him of the loose cannon Daniel would be from now on.

 

         Clearing his throat, Blaise removed his hands from his pockets, and walked his way around to his seat near the head of the table.

 

        "Now that everyone is settled..." Daniel said mockingly, watching Blaise's every move as he sat in the chair beside him. Blaise's jaw set when a folder came flying across the table sending the papers in it askew. " I do believe that some of us have a great amount of explaining to do. For years, I'm not sure how this was missed by me. Go on young Kincaid, why don't you read what's in that there folder for all of us? You know, so that everyone is clear and stands on common ground here. Please."  The large vein in Daniel's forehead throbbed as he bit back the seething curses he wanted so badly to release. He wasn't known to lose his cool in front of others, but this here was testing him.

 

     He had done the much needed checks on the employees Joseph had hired without his consent. While doing his background on Niamh, he had come across hidden files. They were the originals of the replicas Joseph had managed to fool Daniel with for years. He had charged into the building's data center, ready to rip through file cabinets and computer files to see what else Joseph kept from him.

 

     The systems accepted none of the passwords that Daniel had entered. He ran through every possible list of ways to enter the systems and came up empty handed. Joseph had been nowhere in sight, unreachable by any means. He wasn't sure what kind of sabotaging the other man had planned. When Daniel stood ready to leave, he found the young janitor in the room with him.

 

     If he weren't good with remembering faces, he never would have known seeing as he the janitor did not look the part in his jeans and jacket. Every suspicion Daniel had of him only strengthened upon seeing Justin there.

 

      " I'm so glad we happened to meet again. Especially this way." Tucking away a folder to his side, Daniel walked threateningly towards the other man with his face set in stone staring down the predator.

 

     " Just doing my last check of the day, Mr. Saslow." Justin's eyes drifted to the item Daniel held, and his eyes followed.

 

      " Checking for what exactly?" Lifting the folder, he waved it." For this? You don't seem dressed for the occasion for making sure that all of the trashbins are emptied."The room they stood in was void of light except for the small flickering lights of the computer monitors. All of the screens were black, telling that they had not been used recently.

 

      All except the one Justin logged off the moment he heard Daniel enter from his corner in the back. He had instinctively reached for his belt, in search of a weapon, and he cursed himself when he realized he never entered the building with one because of the attentive security. When he walked in between the rows as he approached his distressed back, he could see the numerous password failures as Daniel punched the keys violently.

 

     Justin knew that he shouldn't fool around any longer. From the looks of it, he had everything he needed to know for now. Whatever had Daniel so explosive must be of great importance. Though he wanted desperately to view inside the folder Daniel held, Justin chose to ignore his reference to it.

 

     " I'm sorry Mr. Saslow. I should be on my way now." Nodding his head in departure, Justin made his way to the glass doors,only to be stopped by a low accusing voice.

 

    " I would address you by name, but something tells me that Justin Clance wouldn't be appropriate for you." If Justin were to stop as a reaction to his words, then he knew doubt would no longer be what Daniel held to his true identity. He knew now. There was no denying.

 

    But in no way did he plan to confirm it.

 

 "Have a good day Mr. Saslow." Justin spoke as he waited for the doors to slide open. His feet picked up pace as soon as he turned the corner, out of Daniel's immediate site.

 

      "What exactly would you like for me to say Daniel? I think these papers are pretty clear." Blaise finished reciting the words on the paper to the room. He could see their thoughts compiling as he painted a new picture of himself before them.

 

     " I would like for you at this very moment, swear your allegiance. Not that you would have any choice otherwise. It does good to make sure you say it yourself -"

 

     "My allegiance to what Daniel?"

 

    "Seeing as how you're no longer as disposable as I had first expected."

 

     " I'm not following." Abruptly standing up Blaise clenched his fists by his sides commanding attention in the room. Stopping in his pace, Daniel turned to the younger man with a gleam in his eyes. He did not immediately speak, letting silence fill the room.

 

     " Those papers there...they change our plans just slightly. You see Blaise, we've looked to you as the only sensible Kincaid in our cause, heaven knows your father was becoming much too different to even be considered a catalyst any longer. I hate seeing this happen to such a loyal friend honestly." Daniel shook his shoulders in mock disappointment.

 

     " Your words would make much more sense if we all knew Mr. Saslow." One of the men sitting anxiously at the end of table spoke.

 

      "Men, Old Joe barely has any ownership in his company. Blaise here...he's who we should have been focusing on persuading all of this time."

 

     " I guess there was a reason for us following our intuitions on this one. Joseph will be receiving a visit from me personally in due time, of course, but Blaise it is perfectly fine for you to relay the news of his termination. It's a damn shame." Flipping the large tablet display, Daniel revealed a detailed diagram of the weapon of destruction nearing its perfect completion.

 

     " How the hell do you expect to go free from threatening my father to my face Daniel?"

 

      " What exactly are you going to do about it?"

 

       Nothing. Blaise felt completely vulnerable. The look of uncertainty and dread brought a deep laugh to Daniel.

 

    " You're just like him I see. You know, your father was once so enthralled by me that he would have jumped if I told him so. A weak man. Tragically weak. Wanted so strongly to have his name known to his work. Buildings and what not. The way he would speak with intentions so meaningful, angels themselves would humble under them-I never cared for them." Walking to Blaise's side, Daniel stood nose to nose with him. He could feel the nerves rolling from his rippling muscles; Daniel fed on them.

 

    " Joseph has been doomed since the day he accepted me as his mentor. Inadvertently, passing it on to you...to everyone he's dared to bring along with him, hoping to expose them to bigger and better things. He thought he was doing a favor for your janitor companion, your mother bless her soul. Lorraine Deges. " Watching the trepidation set in, Daniel leaned in closer, making his next words personal.

 

     " Your little whore Niamh. Must say a part of me is upset you didn't come to me first before advancing on her. My youngest daughter, and you had no respect for her father before courting her. I hadn't planned on involving her in on anything, but thanks to you, now she must become just another  throwaway.Once again."Daniel turned his back just as Blaise lunged towards him only to be stopped by a thick bodied man who seemed to appear from nowhere. Blaise's hands gripped the man's arms before him, attempting to throw him out of his way.His fury was so strong it blinded him. Through hazy eyes, he could see Daniel turn with a smirk, motioning for his strong arm to leave, but not before knocking Blaise back into his seat at a force so strong nothing but numbness shivered through his body.

 

   " Let's not be too rash here Blaise. You're still in decent standing with me. Don't fuck that up just yet."

Ooooooooooooooooo

 

      "You and I are close to the same size."

 

       Niamh and Darla browsed the racks of a clothing boutique together, sharing in each other's eclectic style. Niamh's initial resistance to speaking or sharing too much with the other woman was long gone. She found herself laughing and sharing stories of herself with no problem. She found out that had they known each other as girls, they would have, with no doubt, been best friends.

 

     Taking a sip from her water bottle, Niamh smiled along as she listened to Darla comment and ask her opinion on different pieces. A vibration on her thigh alerted her to a new text message. Unlocking her phone, she read the short words from Blaise.

 

       Are you alone?

 

     Sexting at this time Blaise? I think cameras would be able to see me...."She responded in a playful manner. Niamh had not expected the quick reply that followed.

 

    Are you ALONE?

 

        "Hey. Tell Blaise your attention is all for me right now." Darla scolded noticing her focus being on her phone.

 

     " It's just so hard being away from me. It's what I would a expect a kid to feel his first day in preschool." She responded absentmindedly.

 

       I'm with Darla. Shopping. Are you finished already?

 

      Stay with her. If you're not with her, make sure you're at home. I won't be done for a while. Wait for my call.

 

      Call for what?  She sent.

 

       " Does Blaise have episodes of aloofness?" Niamh pushed her phone back into her pocket as she followed Darla to the dressing rooms.

 

      " Blaise is one emotional guy. Everything always seems urgent with him. Do you mind sharing a room?"

 

      " Yeah, that's fine."  Taking her tag from the employee, Niamh held the clothing in her arms tighter. They entered into a large double mirrored room, big enough for the both of them to change.

 

     " I hate to ask you this, but how are your fathers connected?"

 

     " That's a weird question."

 

    " Yeah, well, I in a way breathe architecture. I've always been up to date with everything having to deal with Joseph...Mr. Kincaid. I just found out he and your father are together in business. Curiosity has got me since I can't find that much on Mr. Saslow."

 

   " My pops isn't exactly on the architecture end. He's more of a contractor who puts his hands in a whole jumble of other things. He's pretty low key in his business; there isn't much coverage on him." Darla answered as she pulled a shirt over her head and examined herself in the full length mirror.

 

   " How long has he been at it?" Niamh stood with one leg in a pair of pants.

 

    " Oh hell. Long before me and my brother came along."

     "Matthew."

 

     "Yeah, Matthew. If I remember correctly, he began interning at twenty with some old head who helped build his personality now. Had a job before graduating college, so he went ahead and left early.I must admit no matter how much of an ass he is, he is pretty accomplished in what he's done."

 

     " He must have hired Joseph for a job then."

 

     "Hm...Something like that. My dad kind of robbed the cradle with Joseph. Got him pretty young with a job offer like he had been. Joe didn't quit school though. My dad watched him like a college sports scout. Boom, bam, he became a part of The Family."

 

        " The Family..." Niamh repeated as she turned around asking for Darla to zip up the mid length dress she picked in thought of Blaise. Had she only thought of herself, it would have never reached the end of her thigh.

 

   " It's a name all of these washed out old guys who are dead, but no one has had the heart to tell them came up with to give purpose to their little member's only brotherhood. They take it so serious with their dinner parties and dances. Almost as if they are trying to create their own social monarchy."

 

     " You don't sound too impressed. One too many debutante balls?" Niamh laughed.

 

    " Oh God! Those are twenty times better than what we have to go through. It feels like a mating field whenever we have get togethers." Darla visibly shivered. Niamh turned, watching her relfection. She looked to her jeans' pocket where her cell phone laid. There hadn't been a reply in minutes.

 

    " Is everything cool?" Darla asked sensing her mood. Comfortingly, she rubbed Niamh's shoulder as she turned to Darla.

 

     "Something about your dad. I've known Blaise for but a few months, but even after such a short time I could see him change. Become fidgety and -"

 

   The vibration of a cell phone halted her words. Going for her pants, she dug into them hoping to see her screen bright with another message.

 

     "Hey Matt." With a sigh, she dropped the pants seeing that it wasn't her.

 

      " I don't have any money for you....No I am not.....You work at a restaurant, get something there!" Niamh mentally smiled at the thought of Matthew arguing down his sister for money.

 

     " Fine....I'll be there soon, I'm not that far away." Hanging up her phone, Darla sucked her teeth annoyed.

 

      " He needs lunch." Getting dressed, they picked out the clothing they would purchase and exited the fitting room with many skeptical looks from other women there. Striding past them all, they left the store with bags in hand.

 

Chapter 22.2 by Inthenykoftime

 

Matthew sat in a corner behind the bar, tossing an empty bottle dangerously high. His head lulled as he took in the calm lunch rush in the restaurant. Not many people were looking for a quick loosening beer yet, so this shift proved to be calm.

 

      He checked the time on his watch, seeing the minutes decay from his break as he waited on Darla to come. Knowing her, she would purposely wait until the last possible minute to finally tell him that she had indeed arrived, making him sweat the entire time.

 

     Lifting from his seat, he discarded the bottle and made his way to the exit. Passing by patrons and co-workers, he braced his eyes for the sunlight beyond the dimmed doors. Scanning the parking lot and coming to the conclusion that she wasn't there, he decided to just sit tight instead of going back in. Matthew spotted a bench a few feet in front of him, and went to take a seat. Stretching his legs in front of him, a hand reached into his pocket drawing out his cell phone and a pack of cigarettes.

 

     " Fuck, D. Where are you?" He grumbled scratching his head and tapping the pack on the inside of his wrist. Matthew flicked the lighter hidden in the pack and lifted a stick to his mouth ready to inhale. He felt the first breath encase his air ways and the calming affect it had over him set in. Wiping a hand through the shadow casted by the sun, Matthew became comfortable and was preparing to take another inhale from his cigarette when the blaring screech of a car horn startled him. The lit end tumbled into the crook of his arm burning a red spot onto it.

 

     "Shit!" He groaned in pain. Biting his lip, he looked up searching for the fucker he would cuss out.

 

      " I know you're grown and all, but why the hell are you smoking that piece of shit?" Niamh leaned out of the driver's side window still laying her hand on the center of the steering wheel. Flicking the cigarette into a designated tray, Matthew begrudgingly walked to the expensive vehicle. Reaching into the window for her neck, he playful shook her as she fell into a fit of giggles.

 

      " Where the hell did this car come from?"

 

     "Ehh..."

 

     "What are you doing here?"

 

      " Well..."

 

      "Darla?" Crowding his head into the car, he finally took notice of his sister and the tray of takeout in her lap over on the passenger side. He was genuinely surprised to find them together. Looking between them, he couldn't help but notice the same heart shaped face shared between them. "What are you doing together?" He asked suspiciously.

 

      " I found her." Darla smiled sweetly. Niamh slapped her hand into Darla's chest and scoffed.

 

      " I had to drop Blaise off this morning and just so happened to run into her."

 

      "Huh." Matthew said contemplating.  A pull within him said that it was perfectly okay for him to feel the strong need of having both of them with him at that moment. They were his sisters. Matthew wanted to scream it out to both of them, putting everything out there so that they could raise the relationship they should have from the moment all three of them came to exist on this earth.

 

     " I have fifteen minutes left, come sit with me."

 

     " No, we have to get back, Daddy will be done any time now." Darla stated.

 

    " It's just fifteen minutes. You'll get back in time."

 

    " I have to convince him to drop me off Matty. I'm not trying to be on his heels all day while he's doing his shit." Darla looked to her brother with a stubborn frown hinting at the business that had never interested either of them.

 

     "D."

 

    "Matty."

 

    "Come on Darla, it won't be long." Niamh spoke up.

 

    "Niamh, don't let him convince you."

 

     "It's a business meeting, those things could go on forever. Just fifteen, twenty minutes tops."

 

    " Niamh has spoken." Matthew declared.

 

    "Oh fine you two." Darla gave in rolling her eyes. Matthew and Niamh cheered while high fiving each other eagerly.

 

    " Ugh, park this thing Nia." The oldest sibling laughed." Is it okay if I call you Nia?" She asked more somberly realizing that she had given a nickname to the woman who was still new to her. They all waited for a confirmation that never seemed more desired than before. When Matthew heard Niamh give her approving reply, he felt a breath release and a smile forming.

 

    " Alright." Tapping the car, he stepped back and watched the car pull in backwards to a parking spot. Niamh and Darla stepped out of the car and headed to a small outside eating area equipped with tables and umbrellas. Niamh shielded her eyes dramatically as she backed away from Matthew.

 

    "You're smile. So bright." Feeling the tight muscles in his face quiver, he toned down the smile and threw his arms over both sets of shoulders and walked to a table in the shade. Pulling out chairs for the ladies, Matthew took a seat across from them and they commenced to converse heartily.

 

      They spoke of everything and nothing in particular. The unknowing sisters found themselves chattily picking on Matthew. From a bystander's view, they're natural willingness to let go with one another would have been admired. It was the type of scene Niamh could once relate to that between her mother and Niall.

 

      Her family.

 

     Niamh sat back in her chair as her thoughts wandered to them.

 

     Many times Niamh found herself openly weeping silently in the presence of herself, cries so soft and ravaging her body would ache for hours afterwards.She couldn't call her mother's phone without hearing the sounds of her being sent straight to voicemail. She knew that all she had wanted to do was hear her speak.The reason just wasn't that clear.

 

     To stir up more anger for the woman.

 

     To settle the broken love she felt.

 

    To hear Lorraine admit to making a mistake. That she hadn't meant to treat Niamh the way she had. Maybe even Lorraine apologizing and taking back the words she had said in anger,  and assuring her daughter that her and Niall were not different. That they shared the same father. That Niamh was not an outsider and was the same as them through and through.

 

    But none of those things had happened.

 

   Niall called every night. Niamh would answer the phone, but never spoke a word. Her brother would contentedly talk her to sleep knowing that even if his sister refused to come around with somewhat justifiable reasons, he still had contact with her in some way. He would let the sobs choking from her weigh heavy on his heart until the sound of her breathing falling into a pattern let him know she was asleep.

 

      A violent gasp for air broke Niamh from her thoughts as she panted ahead of a cry. Her eyes burned with venomous tears as she attempted to regain herself.

 

      " What's wrong?" Matthew patted her arm as he watched with concerned eyes. Darla's face showed similar signs as she rubbed circles onto Niamh's back. As a quick save, she began coughing into her elbow pretending that she had just choked.

 

     " I swallowed....went down the wrong way." Her voice let out roughly. Darla released a breath of relief as she tilted her head.

 

     "Thank goodness. I didn't want to have to find a new spot for another body."

 

       "Should I be okay with what you just said?" Niamh laughed lightly at her dark humor.

 

        " You don't really have a choice do you."

 

     A cell phone alarm and ringtone went of simultaneously at their table interrupting their time together.

 

     " It's Blaise." Niamh said out loud as she pressed talk on her screen.

 

     " I have to head on back in now." Matthew crushed his Styrofoam box and stuffed it into a trashcan. Dusting his hands off on his pants, he caught Niamh by the arm as she stood up with the phone held tight to her ear.

 

     "You can't walk away like that." He demanded. Niamh held her hand over the phone apologetically and gave a warm hug to his middle. He gave a loud kiss to the corner of her mouth purposely so that Blaise hopefully heard.

 

     " You give the best kisses girl."

 

     " It's just Matthew...Yeah..." Niamh swatted him away and pointed to the car telling Darla that she was going to start it up.

 

     " Come in D, I have something I need you to give to mom." Without a fuss, Darla shrugged her shoulders and followed behind Matthew back into the bar. He looked over his shoulder as Niamh opened the car door, smiling and waving one last time before climbing in.

 

Chapter 23 by Inthenykoftime

 

      Blaise hung up his desk phone for the fifth time as he called to his father's office. He used his personal line and even went through the front desk hoping that someone happened to be in on an off day.


  When the meeting concluded, he made sure to lead everyone out of his building and see them off of the premises. While standing at the stairs, he scowled at Daniel from a far as he waved his hand leisurely in his direction. His eyes saw the black SUVs trail out one behind the other with Daniel's leading the pack.


     Now he sat in his office with a migraine from stress as he reached out to his dad. Rubbing a hand through his long hair, Blaise saw a few strands fall into his hands.


     " Oh, fuck." If he didn't lose his life in this business, he would lose his hair.


    Along with it would be his sanity, his own being. Why had he even followed in his father's footsteps in the first place? He couldn't think of there ever being other serious career dreams in his life. He never ruled out anything, and just drifted into the lane leading him here. He expected to manage a well to do company he thought his father had built. He wanted to make Joseph proud by keeping up with everything he had created. His father had been just a few years his junior when he opened the first Apex, that type of ambition was something Blaise looked up to.


     It disgusted him now. He didn't want any of this. Not Daniel, not the company, and with the lack of communication between he and his father, Joseph was falling on to that same list.


     When he had picked up his phone, Blaise was prepared to give Niamh a call letting her know she could return, but instead one of the many numbers he recognized belonging to his father appeared.


     " Hello?"


    "Son, you've been heckling me. What's the deal?"


     " The deal? The fucking deal is that for weeks you've been ducking me. I just so happen to miss you when you're at work, at home, near the phone.


    " Calm down."


    " I'll be calm when Daniel decides to abandon his plan to turn the country into a pit from hell."


     " There is no plan; he hasn't talked to me of it in ages. Matter of fact, he said that there was no need for me to worry of it-"


     " Because he doesn't need you anymore dad! God, are you that jaded and dense? To you yes, there is no plan because you've been written out of it."


    " You've got it wrong Blaise. I spoke with him, he listened to the dangers..."


    " Well, that seemed to amount to a pile of shit for him. You know who is taking your place? Me. Thanks for that by the way, the thought of them completely destroying the infrastructure of America is a great weight on my shoulders. I'm in this shit now. How are they getting by?!"


    " Blaise, first you need to calm yourself-"


     " Calm? That's an insult..."


    " Blaise!" Joseph's voice commanded. He looked around in the room of a home in solitude he managed to keep up with on the out skirts of town. The boxes of information before, information he came here with all intent to dispose of it now laughed in his face. Kicking one with his foot, he reeled in the urge to curse out loud as he spoke to his son.


         " This is bad dad." Blaise hoarsely said.


        " I know. I can barely even apologize it's so bad."


       " What about prison dad? We could be put away for the rest of our lives."


       " You don't have to worry...I mean..."


     " Where are you exactly? Getting ready to leave town and disappear while all of this shit goes down? You've been Daniel's bitch."


     " I am no one's-"


     " There isn't a word more fitting.  Did you know he was Niamh's father? He seems to have an interest in her now dad, I can't protect myself from him, then how am I supposed to keep him from her?  Am I supposed to tell her?"


      " That is not an option Blaise."


      " How come? She hasn't spoken to her family because of this! You're her brother's father and hers happens to be Daniel, what kind of luck those two have."


     " I've played my part in this, I do not deny it. I've sat back being a jockeyed, knowingly. It went too far Blaise, I see that now and it's too late. I don't have power to do anything much more, other than try to reverse things."


      " It's impossible. They're so much bigger than you now." Blaise laid his head in his palm as his breathing shook his chest.


     " We could figure this out Blaise. You just have to-"


    " Oh no. Don't you dare try to ask me to be a part of something of yours. Don't you think this is enough for one person?"


     " Listen to me. They've been built so high that their fall will be just as hard."


    " I love how you conveniently distance yourself from that group....Like you've never been a part of it " Blaise laughed mockingly.


    With a deep sigh, Joseph went on." I've been wrong Blaise, has that been established yet? The point has been made. Now, are you going to sit here and drill my guilt even further, or are you going to fucking hear me out so that we can make those bastards fail?"


     Blaise lifted his head at the words. Combating The Family had never crossed his mind. It always seemed that he was inevitably doomed to fall to them. How could he and his father do it alone? Joseph was insane.


      " That's some great vision don't you think?"


     " I'm no longer blinded son."


    "What? Are you going to pull some trick and kill them, hoping that this will just float on off into another part of the universe."


    " Suffocate it and bit the head off of it. We have to get around them to get to the brains of it all."

     " This sounds good and all, but I can't help but to be pessimistic."


     " Come to the home off near Cotswald. Come now." The home he had taken Niamh struck Blaise's attention. There had been something strange about it then, and he was hesitant to bring Niamh along also.


      " I'll be with Niamh. I'd have to drop her off and then come back."


    "Bring her too. We'll need her."


    " No we will not. We will not use her for anything. She has no idea."


     " She has great potential to help. I can see it in her, she'll be equipped for this."


    " She's practically broken down dad. She's emotionally paralyzed to nearly everything, and you want to include her at such a vulnerable time? No. I won't allow that."


     "Blaise."


    " No, don't call my name like that. How could you suggest this?!" He promised. He promised Niamh wouldn't go through this. Pushing their relationship to the point it is now only brought the feeling of solitude upon her. How could he abuse the important trust she had placed in him for the benefit of his father. Who knew if whatever whack plan he had would even follow through. Then she would only be put in a position for failure when it wasn't necessary.


    " Trust me on this. She's Daniel's daughter right? We could use that."


     " I'm hanging up."

    " She's no safer when she doesn't know about what's going on around her as she would be if she was in on every detail. Would you rather Daniel got to her, or that she was secure with us?"


      "I have to go....I have to call her."


     " Take me up on this Blaise."


      Ending the call, Blaise banged his fist against the wooden desk, squeezing his eyes shut tight hoping to ease the throbbing pain at his temples. When he opened them again, dark spots scattered across his vision. He pressed speed dial on his phone for Niamh.


      " Are you okay?"  Those were the first words she asked. He could hear the sounds of chairs scrapping across cement and the sound of a male in the background.


    " I am. Who is that?" He asked when muffled sounds echoed in his ears.


    " It's just Matthew."


    "Oh. Well go on and head back here. We have somewhere to go okay?"


    " Yeah." Pressing the end button, Blaise placed the phone in his pocket and headed out of the office, making sure to shut everything down while he went to wait for Niamh to arrive.


  Ooooooooooooooooooooo



 

Chapter 24 by Inthenykoftime
Author's Notes:

I see about a chapter or two left in this segment of their story =)

 

Then on to the hopefully kickass redeming parts

 

   Niamh climbed out of the car, her heart stretching from tranquility when she caught a glimpse of Blaise descending his building's steps. Each step down had a swaggering bounce that made her tingle in all of the right places just from knowing that he had given himself to her. She never would have thought she could have told a man that she loved them-it didn't seem like something that she could feel naturally, but she was shown different. Of course she initially thought it was the corniest moment for her to profess her love for him, she wasn't a fluff speaker during sex. What she and Blaise had wasn't sex at all. It was truly love-soul-making.

 

       Sex between them wasn't good.

 

     Niamh had plenty of credibility to back that statement up.  The numerous men with inflated egos she was once attracted to,with them...sex with them was good. Plain and simple.

 

     The worst sex will ever be is good.

 

     Between her and Blaise, there would never be an incident where she could only use the simpleton adjective to describe how she was pleased.  Niamh crossed her fingers for decades upon decades in their future of the intimate act with Blaise. If she or he couldn't perform physically-they would easily receive the same satisfaction simply being in each other's presence.

 

      That would be more than enough for her.

 

     How often would she ever be able to speak those three words to him? She wasn't sure one bit. She was aware of feeling that way, and unconsciously she could see herself suppressing it. Not putting it in the open. If she left it unprotected, some outside factor could make its way in and destroy what she had began to build within her.

 

     Niamh wouldn't survive that. She just knew it.

 

   Had this been another couple, she would have definitely thought they were moving too fast. That they didn't know each other well enough. That love just couldn't possibly work out that way.

 

      No one can predict love or direct it. It doesn't stand idle waiting for your cues and instructions of when to appear in your life. The thousands of people who scream out their complaints to the emotion, noun, verb, --whatever classification they have for it-suffer because of the instant gratification they seek from it becomes difficult to obtain.Niamh had enough sense to know that what she had going for her was a precious thing that shouldn't be toyed with.

 

     " I don't see my dad's car..." Darla cupped her hands around her eyes, scoping out the parking lot for any sign of the vehicle she had arrived in."Hey Blaise where's my d-"

 

     " He left already. We can give you a ride if you need one."

 

    "Well duh I need one, mine isn't here anymore." Darla crossed her arms at Blaise's short response. Something seemed tense about him, she recognized immediately. The vein in his neck and the constant ticking of his left temple told Darla that he was under some sudden stress. Just as she was going to question what was up with him, Niamh spoke up.

 

     " What's the deal?" She asked in a nonchalant voice. Had she not been looking at her, Darla would have been irate at her seemingly uninterested tone. She just didn't know that when Niamh was prepared to help someone in trouble, she'd calm herself to the best of her abilities so much that she would appear disinterested.

 

      Darla's lips came together once again with the confirmation of Niamh's concern in her  smoldering coal eyes. Her dark eyebrows drew together slightly with the squint of her eyes. Blaise trailed a hand across the back of his neck .

 

      " I can tell you in a few. For now, let's get Darla home okay? You cool with that D?" After a moment of silence, Niamh and Blaise simultaneously looked to the Darla when she didn't answer.

 

     " You know what....I can get a ride to be here within seconds. Remember that foreign guy? He's still down with my sugar soo...."

 

     "Darla, you are so corny." Blaise cringed. He pulled her into a tight hug, placing a kiss to her cheek as he held her away. Any other time he would have objected to leaving her alone anywhere, but he had an urgent matter at hand. He knew Darla was an understanding woman, hell if she was in his position he was sure she'd drop everything to make sure what was needed to be attended to was handled and he'd completely understand.

 

       " You two go ahead, I'm a big girl." With a smile, Darla turned on her heel and strolled to a nearby bench taking  a seat.

 

      "Let's go." Blaise said passing by Niamh with a touch to her elbow. She handed the keys to him since she had no idea where they needed to be. Niamh couldn't help but to feel a pull of concern for Darla.

 

      " Are you sure you're okay?" She called to her. Darla sat with her cell phone held to an ear with one hand , and the other waving  Niamh off. With a thumbs up and nod, Niamh unfolded her arms from across her chest and climbed into the car beside an anxious looking Blaise.

 

     " Are you buckled in?"

 

      "Yeah."  Blaise rode the car to the exit of the parking lot, looking both ways before pulling out. What he hadn't seen was the ordinary car just a hundred feet back pull into traffic  two cars behind his own.

 

      " We're going to see my dad."

 

     " Joseph? Why? You know you don't exactly have to introduce me to the rents at this point." Niamh attempted to lighten the grim expression on his face. Blaise blew out a long string of air, rolling his neck to the side to soothe the pain.

 

     " Not exactly.  We've got a lot of shit hitting us right about now."

 

      "Us? Oh no, what are you dragging me into."

 

     " I'm sorry.I'm truly and deeply sorry Niamh."

 

     "Huh?" The laugh she had soon left from the sound of his torn voice.

 

      " Let's talk some. We haven't done that in a while. What's your family like?"

 

     " What the hell are you talking about? We don't exactly speak at the moment what do you want me to tell you?"

 

      " What about your dad? Why isn't he around?" Too far. He went too far. Blaise cursed himself when the strong huff of air from Niamh filled the car.

 

     " What kind of fucking joke do you have planned Blaise? I have no damn idea where or who he is." Her arms shook in her lap as she scratched at her eans, turning the skin underneath her nails white.

 

     "What's going on?"

 

    Blaise intentionally kept quiet, pressing firmer on the gas pedal.

 

    " Blaise!" She yelled. Leaning towards him, she caught sight of the speedometer hitting eighty in fifty five. " You're scaring me just a tad...that's saying something." Her voice quivered as her heart beat against her chest.

 

     "Daniel's your father." He couldn't hold it anymore. The words left in a groan. A creaking sound came from Niamh as her skin went cold. She fell back into her seat, anger breaking out across her face.

 

     " Stop the motherfucking car now. You're on something." She shook her head wanting to rid herself of what he had revealed. What did Blaise know? He sure as damn knew nothing about Niamh. Who was he to say something like that? Connecting her to the devil himself....

 

   No...She refused to believe anything.

 

      " Baby, this isn't how I planned to tell you. I promise."

 

    " Baby?! Don't pull that shit now. I'm done. Pull over now!" Niamh violently jerked the car door handle back and forth, but it had been locked by Blaise a split second earlier.

 

    "Niamh stop. Calm down please."

 

    " I need to get out."  She banged her elbow against the window rapidly losing her mind. The sound of blood rushing in her ears crowded her hearing." Blaise let me out please!" Niamh became hysterical. Her skin burned now as her being exited through her pores. She froze.

 

    "Niamh?" He reached to her knee timidly. The sobs erupted from her chest so heart wrenching Blaise switly swerved off of the road. His car was nearly head first into the woods, but that didn't matter to him. He found himself in a similar scene, pulling Niamh from her seat to sit close in his lap where he could comfort her the best he could. He had no words for her.

 

     Daniel as a father was a fucked up thing and he couldn't lie and say things would be okay.

 

    She wouldn't be suffering right now because of him if he had just ignored his father. He should have done the first thing that had come to mind. Pack them both up and flee. To somewhere where they could be absorbed into the atmosphere and never thought of again.

 

     " Why did you tell me?"

 

       "What was I supposed to do?"

 

      " Keep that to yourself. Forget it. That's nothing.....nothing I needed to know."

 

      " You have every right to know it Niamh. It's...it's yours."

 

        "No, no, no." Niamh rose from his arms pressing her hands to her temples as a dizzy spell threatened her.

 

       "Tell me something then. Had I not told you even though I knew, wouldn't you be upset with me?"

 

     " Well yes, but-"

 

     " I can't keep something like that from you Niamh. I didn't want to know this either. I felt the responsibility of throwing you to an incompetent state, there was little choice for me. My dad, he might be able to help you more with this than I can or find a way for us to work together. That's actually where we were headed."

 

      " Joseph knows." She stated rather than inquired.

 

     " Niamh..."

 

     " What is this shit? I hate lifetime movies and right now, my life feels like a plot from one of those damned things."

 

     " Are you trying to be funny right now?"

 

     " Do I not have the right to? If I wanted to be elated, couldn't I be? How about pissed the fuck off? Sad? What am I supposed to even feel right now Blaise? I should feel stupid and like the biggest idiot to ever breathe. I didn't listen to my mother. You people come into my life. My mom tries to warn me of you. I fuck her over and ignore it thinking that I finally found something stable, something unlike anything else before. Lose her..." Niamh's voice caught at those words. Her hand trembled towards her mouth as she bit back the cries. " I thought she didn't know anything. Thought that everything she said was so...so....dumb. Why wouldn't she just let me do my own thing? I kept thinking that. I kept asking myself why she was so interested all of a sudden in a man I had met. Why I couldn't just get what I needed from you without complications."

 

      " There's still so much I need to know about you Niamh. It seems surreal to have so many issues at a time where I thought I'd find relative peace with you.  Things aren't falling properly, or maybe they are." Blaise watched her eyelids bat slowly and in an exhausted manner.

 

      " We'll never know how our lives would have played out had we not met when we did. I saw you...connected with you that night for a reason. More than the sex. More than that now void contract we made. I wouldn't feel right if you didn't blame me in some way for how things have turned out."

 

    " Why would I blame you? I couldn't." Her raspy voice turned to him for the first time looking into his eyes behind foggy lids. She hadn't meant the words earlier, the ones nearly faulting him for the mess he stepped into which was her life. She felt a tug between keeping sane and panicking. The direction she would head into was unclear.

 

     " Indirectly at least. There's a major part of my life that you could attribute to the way you've lived."

 

     " Would you like to hit me with them now. While I've emotionally checked out."

 

     " I think it's better to be with my father also."

 

     " Blaise just do it now."

 

     Moving her into her seat, Blaise reached across her body pulling the seatbelt into its clasp. He backed out of the slump of land his car had been sitting idle in.

 

        " I am."

 

Oooooooooooooooooooo

 

     Joseph came from the underground storage he kept two hundred yards in the woods behind the home he had built. On one shoulder a bag filled with numerous files and plans shifted against his side. In his arms he carried a lock secured box. Long ago he had taken it upon himself to place the information he had for The Family's plans under tight lock and key where only he would ever see and know of its whereabouts.

 

      He stepped over fallen tree limbs; walking past the high privacy fence he had lining the property. The sounds this far out of town were deathly quiet. Only the sound of his breathing filled the air. Joseph listened closely to the contents of the box, making sure nothing was loose to slide around inside. He had just enough inside to distribute to his son and the Deges. They were protection devices made to prevent The Family's facilities and members to be affected by the alteration of the magnetic field that had been perfected and planned to be used against the country.

 

        Tires on gravel travelled to his ears from the front of the house. His steps hurried to get into the back door to meet the visitors. Gently setting the things he carried down, Joseph jogged to the front door opening it to find Blaise standing by the passenger side of his car.

 

    " Son." He called from the porch. Blaise's head snapped to the sound of his voice, and even from such a great distance the look of disappointment could be seen....felt. Through the windshield, Niamh's eyes fell upon him. Taking a deep breath, he shook out his arms and legs, prepping for the two young people as they left the car and headed into his direction.

 

End Notes:

Read/Enjoy/Review please =))

Chapter 25 by Inthenykoftime

 

      Paul watched his step as he followed behind Blaise's car up the winding gravel road. He parked his car near an abandoned house closer to the highway and had found himself walking for nearly ten minutes in search of where Blaise disappeared to. He went with his instincts to keep an eye on his target, knowing well that he wouldn't take him up on the drink invitation for later that night.

 

       Paul watched intently from a rest stop as Blaise's car sat on the side of the road for an extended amount of time. Where could he be headed? With Niamh in tow?

 

     "Son." At the sound of Joseph's voice from a far, Paul stooped lower moving closer to the trees.  In his line of sight appeared Niamh's back. She stood forming fists with both hands as Blaise whispered to her.

 

    " It's going to make sense okay? If you get uncomfortable or it's too much for you, let me know. Do you promise?"

 

   Niamh turned around frightening Paul for he thought he would have been spotted. He stopped breathing but didn't change his position. When she simply wiped a hand over the front column of her neck and turned back towards the house, he let out a silent haggard sigh. He saw her fidget with the placement of her hands. Pushing them into her pants pockets, wrapping them around her middle. Her unsure state vanished when Blaise's hand reached out to her wrist. The lovers clasped their fingers into the other's hand walking as one.

 

      Joseph nodded his head in acknowledgement of the two as they entered the home. With no second looks behind them, Paul was assured that his being there remained unknown. Counting to twenty, he advanced to the house, avoiding the gravel to lessen the noise

 

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooo

 

      " How are you doing today sweetheart?"

 

     The creak in the floorboards answered Joseph.  The taste in Niamh's mouth was bittersweet. The warm smile he attempted brought out the admirable affection she always held for the man. Her eyes burrowed into his not wavering even under the pressure she felt slowly but surely winding around her body, putting a strain on her innards.

 

     "Not exactly the most appropriate question I'm afraid." Joseph's blood flew to the surface of his face so rapidly Niamh was sure his pores would begin leaking the thick liquid. His mouth stayed agape in an effort to say words to somehow defend the comment he suddenly saw as insensitive. Blaise had already revealed what Joseph had hoped to alleviate when he had got them settled in and alone.

 

     " I must say Joseph. I don't have the time-nor the strength-for sweetness. None at all. I'm worn down to the bone, my flesh is weak.  I don't want to pussyfoot around our issues here. What do you have to tell me about Daniel? About you Kincaids?"  Their bodies had natural shifted within the moments of them standing in the vast empty room. The box in his arm were pulled closer to his side as he bit his numb cheek.

 

    "Joseph?" Niamh cleared her throat, her hand tightened around Blaise's who had no intention to release her.

 

     " I would ask you to sit but as you can see....Can you follow me?"

 

     " Don't drag me around. Please, that's the least you could do right now." Niamh tilted her head back on the verge of tears from agitation.

 

    " No dear, I won't. I just don't have seats in the open. Follow me."

 

    " Blaise I'm not looking to be  talked to like -"

 

   " Let's go to see okay?" Blaise pulled her into his body by her arm hearing the panic in her voice hiccup. His father stood at the door of the last room....the room with the lone box from his last visit here with Niamh. He had made separate trips since then, seeking out whatever he could to explain the lack of things in the home.

 

      "Guys..."  Niamh was the first to take a step in his direction.

 

     Loud beeping sounded in the home coming from the small cell phone in Joseph's pocket.

 

      He recognized it as an alert system he had setup  to warn him of any unidentified movement around anyone of his properties. Reaching into his pocket, he saw the draw list light up their current location in an orange tint. Dismissing it as a forest critter, he aborted the alert.

 

     " That was pretty damn loud." Blaise's eyebrow rose as he watched his father. He too knew what that sound had meant." Should we be concerned?"

 

    " Concerned of what?"

 

    " No one knows of us out here dad?" Blaise looked to the walls where in an ordinary place, windows would have sat. The design seemed wonderful to him then. Who knew what the hell was outside, especially when they couldn't see beyond the thick walls.

 

    " I get the most messages for this place Blaise. Of course it has to be all of the animals running around. Now come on." Joseph urged.

 

     " Ah hell. " Niamh tried to shrug out of Blaise's hold. Did she really feel like sitting up in an incognito home possibly under attack while she finds out the depth of her tragic life story?

 

   No.

     "Before you make up your mind-no listen, please-let me show you something okay? That's all I'm asking right now." Without waiting for the harsh look on Niamh's face to vanish, Joseph stepped into the room opening the closet door that Blaise and Niamh had both seen as bare.

 

     He stretched one arm out to the high corner of the closet. Neither of them had seen it, but somehow he managed to mesmerize them both as the wall collapsed backwards to the ground. Before them was what appeared to be a lair decked out in secrecy. There was a narrow staircase leading down into the spacious room. It was one compartment of many he had built underground.

   She tried to fight her awe, holding back her gasp of impressment. What Niamh did manage to do was instantly take the first steps down, holding onto the steps as she carefully scooted on her bottom since there were no railing.

 

     " What the hell are you old man?" Looking to his father, Blaise read the disheveled weariness that plagued him." If you were an unsuspecting victim in all of this," he said through clenched teeth as he caught Joseph by his sleeve preventing him from descending the stairs," I would have sympathy...maybe even pity for you.  "

 

     " I don't need your pity. As long as Joseph Kincaid is my name, you better remember that I am your father. Get your hands off of me.Now."

 

     " I can love you dad-I will for all of my life. But I don't like you. I don't like what you have been hiding. What you've been casting off has resulted in my mother not being here, in me having a brother. A brother who the woman I love is suffering from not seeing because we share the exact connection. Tell me how fucked up that is. Tell me I don't have every right to disregard your role as my father. In the end, my father was simply replacing the man you truly are. I'm not going to forget this ever.  In regards to her,--" Blaise indicated to Niamh roaming the bottom floor,"-I can forget that you're my father. I was a child when mom left. I've been ignorant throughout this entire ordeal, but not anymore. I can see the gears in your mind working. You want to use Niamh, am I correct? With all that I have, I can't allow it. I just can't. That's where I will draw the line and defend it."

 

    " Whatever I have planned son, is all up to Niamh. There is a pending disaster out there. Ready and pulsing...literally. Niamh will do what's right. I know she will, and you won't prevent her from making that decision. Not with all that's at stake."

 

    " She's not your mop."

 

    Joseph's stern look resembled many that he had given Blaise when he had stepped out of line when he was younger. It was a warning sign to the ass ripping sure to come later.

 

    It didn't have the same effect as before.

 

      " You've destroyed our own family dad, and the Deges's. Just when am I allowed to step in?" He said bitingly.

 

     " In T minus five seconds I'll walk right out of here if you two just stand there whispering." Niamh had one leg propped up on the bottom step, wringing out her wrists as she waited for them to come to the level she was on.

 

Ooooooooo

 

 

   Paul covered his ears as the loud siren like sound came from inside the home. It left an irritating ringing in his ears which caused him to jump back from the home. The sound seemed to coming from every direction of the home like surround sound speakers.

 

     " What the actual fuck...." He cursed under his breath. He gracefully leapt onto the porch, studying the front of the home. He listened for voices, but they were entirely too distant-almost completely inaudible. There was no way to peer into the home which he was grateful for because that meant he could remain unseen.

 

     Of course the door would be locked.

 

     He didn't even waste his time with jiggling the handle to see. Paul figured there could be a spare key somewhere near. Of course he felt that was completely too easy given the people he was dealing with, but sometimes what you least expect can turn out to be true. His hand dived into the mulch lining the doorstep, feeling anywhere for depressions or the hint of a key.

 

    He stood on his tiptoes to feel in the overhanding above the door. But there was nothing.

 

    Behind the house number maybe? The only problem was that the metal numbers did not budge.

 

    A panel along the doorframe stood out to Paul. With his observation skills, he easily spotted the piece of would which seemed newer than the rest. It was more prominent. Stood out too much.

 

     His fingers lined the perimeter of the rectangle.

 

     A smirk itched on his face once he removed the wood entirely as he helped himself to the lone key he held in his palm.

 

    How stupid would it be of him to risk his chance and just barge into the home? Surely there could be someone else standing on the other side of that door.

 

    "Don't drag your ass anymore Royer!"

 

       The door popped open with unabated tenseness. No instant movement.

 

    He had to have been in the clear.

 

    Paul entered carefully, trying out his footing on the floor.  His eyes scanned around the room, hooking onto the shadows disappearing in the only open bedroom to his left.

 

     "...I'll walk right out of here if you two just stand there whispering."

 

     Niamh.

 

     The direction from which her voice travelled from struck Paul as odd. It was as if she were standing either far far away or below him. There were only two bodies that he had seen when he first entered. Where could she be?

 

      From nowhere, the high pitched whining he fell victim to earlier resonated   again the instant he took another step further into the home. It was much more urgent this time as he crouched on the spot holding his temples to keep from groaning outloud.

 

     " Could you check that thing out? It's killing me." Blaise could be faintly heard. Paul's tear rimmed eyes stretched to their max as he tried to get the sound out of his head.

 

    "This isn't right. The monitors only show squirrels." The movement from the room slowed to a halt.

 

     "Go through that door there."

 

      " What do you mean?"

 

      " Just go." Joseph whispered to Niamh. What couldn't be seen by Paul was Joseph ushering his son to a cabinet of weapons he had strategically stored in the hidden room. He never knew when unwanted members of The Family would pay him a visit in the four years of working in this space. He always made sure to have some sort of defense at his hands at all costs.

 

      Joseph kept the alarm running, not wanting to end it and give the intruder the chance to hear them coming.

 

    Paul began to sniff as his nostril filled with the scent of pool chemicals. A warm drip fell on to his arm as his nose released blood.

 

      "Justin?"

 

     The sound finally ceased.

 

     Heavy footsteps moved to Paul, ripping him from his knees to his unsteady feet. From the other end of the barrel of the gun was Blaise staring intently at the misplaced man.

 

    " You sure as hell don't belong out here."

 

   Joseph lowered the gun he himself wielded." Let him go Blaise."

 

     " Excuse me?"

 

    " For Christ's sakes he's bleeding on my floor. Let him go." Paul finally gained his composure and was able to shove Blaise away from him. They all watched each other, measuring up the situation.

 

     " I'm over all of these surprise appearances and bullshit. So if you do not mind...." Niamh stood against the door, completely  not amused by everything.

 

    With a quick grab, Blaise drew Paul by his collar and pushed him before him towards the room. Paul held his hands up showing he was partly innocent. With his training, he could hurt Blaise, and didn't really want that. Blaise was a man just his size and no doubt could hold his own against him.

 

   Niamh remained at the door with her arms crossed unmoving as the three men walked by. Joseph turned to once again check the security of the front lock.

 

     " Come on fam..." She said sarcastically," I just can't wait for this little get together here."

 

Chapter 26 by Inthenykoftime
Author's Notes:

So. I really needed to get this out. Excuse errors please.

 

      The four adults stood around the underground room each very aware of the others' presence. Niamh felt a gurgling in the pit of her stomach which she could not suppress. The monitors lining the room had her completely surrounded and laid the big burden of being an all seeing eye as she watched the unknowing subjects pass by each screen. Some were employees she recognized in the most private settings-homes, in their cars.

         The invasion was so real...so raw that authenticity seemed to be absent to her at the time. It was beyond her thinking to believe that she was seeing them all go on about the life The Family instructed for them.

 

       " Can you turn these things off Joseph? I don't want to see this." She swallowed the cotton feel down her throat. She faced the men, finding two watching her and the other watching the same screens that she refused to look at.

 

     " I can't do that. I must keep an eye on them out of safety-"

 

    " How safe do you think they feel with you cooped up in a basement watching them? " Niamh blurted.

 

    " It's necessary Niamh. I promise you it is. If it wasn't me, then there would be no one who actually cared for their well being in some way. It's the least I could do."

 

     The space between her brows became sore behind her skull as she held the extent of the intensity in the room there. The one man who she was the least familiar with stepped silently along the walls of the room. His larynx visibly bobbed along his neck while he processed what was before him.

 

     Some of the sweetest information lied before him, enough to send him into a coma. Paul's hand itched to reach into his pocket and make the one call which would not only solidify his standing in his unit, but redeem himself in his boss's view of him.

 

      " What's a threat to them exactly?" Niamh eyed Paul." You have men like him carrying about..."

 

     " Don't speak just yet dad." Blaise held his hand up halting his father as he looked unwavering onto Paul.

 

     " The only two conclusions that I can come to regarding you are both unsatisfying.Justin...." Blaise planted himself close to the other man, studying him closely.  Sure Blaise was most definitely overwhelmed with his life, but that didn't mean that he would began constructing order of it immediately. Everyone had a lane to stay in as far as he was concerned. To place Justin - or who he was led to believe was Justin-where he needed to be in Blaise's psych,  it was vital to know how.

 

     " Humor me please. Who do you work for?"

 

    Paul kept his back to Blaise, hardening as he felt the internal pull stopping him from executing his authoritative right to do as he saw fit to insure he followed along with his agenda. In this instant, he could eliminate the Kincaids. It could all end here.

 

    Paul's conscious worked against him. He knew the Kincaids were not vindictive people, seeking to rule the world for whatever reason. No, that vengefulness had never been present in the near year he had spent with them.

 

     They each hand their hands in Daniel's work. How many strings, how much lying would he have to do to keep them from going down also? Paul was a respectable member of the force, but he'd be a fool to assume his power went that far.

 

      "Blaise, I believe it's best we leave some things unsaid...for now." Joseph reined his son in by his shoulder, his stony gaze never leaving from Paul.

 

    He knew.

 

     Words weren't necessary. Explanations, or names. Joseph wasn't quite sure how an outsider could have made it in to the business. Who would have suspected a janitor? Honestly, it was a frequently overlooked position which in their case happened to be beyond important. If only Daniel knew...

 

     Daniel has no control, Joseph tried to convince himself. Looking from the box of protective technology to his son and Niamh, his confidence in this belief strengthened. Joseph helped to build Daniel, and he would help to take him down.  The young man who had just become a potential ally teetered along the lines of friend or foe for the suspecting elder.

       How much trust could he place in the stranger? He thought he had made an acquaintance with the young man, but the obvious truth in his identity being false, it was a hard thing for him to keep hold on.

 

      " I'm sure we all would prefer to get started. No one in this room can wander out at this point is that understood? By each of us? You've seen the world I've kept to myself alone all of these years. I cannot allow for it to be seen even for a second without knowing that person will not act on their own upon any plan without my knowing."

 

    "Is that understood?" When there had been no response, Joseph sharpened his voice, receiving tight nods across the room. His eyes connected with Paul's. Paul realized that once again he would be taking the back seat to another's orders.This time differed in the certain outcome he would achieve which made it bittersweet.

 

      " Come with me." Pulling his cell phone from his pocket, Joseph locked the premises, setting the alarms to be triggered, now more aware and alert than before. His brown booted feet pounded against the flooring as he lead the group to an opposite corner of the room. There were no seats available to accommodate the others, so standing would have to suffice.

 

      "Our priority here is to throw a wrench into Daniel's wheels. He's a very determined influential man. Companies have sought protection under him in payment for him making use of what they had to offer. Television stations, radio stations, cynical people who have made the mistake to place their trust in the one person who will not uphold anything he has promised them. He will only...only seek to fulfill the promises he has made himself. With every fiber of my being, I believe he is capable of not letting himself down."

 

      "What does he want exactly?" Niamh spoke from her stance.

 

      " Money. Power. It's a universal desire among those who think like him. This is a path which has never been used before. I remember the many nights we sat over viewing international leaders of organizations similar to The Family. Wars never worked to the initiators advantage-bloodshed isn't what he wants. If anything, Daniel wants to preserve as many lives as possible.He doesn't wish for intentional killings of the innocent, but there is no way that he hasn't considered that a possibility."

 

        " He's a privileged asshole who still wants more." Niamh scoffed. Her blood ran cold-the same blood Daniel possessed. How is it that she has never had crazed tendencies? Genetically, shouldn't she have some warped view of the world and what it owed her?

 

     " That he is. Niamh, how much are you willing to commit to this?"

 

      " Not my neck." As far as she was concerned, she hadn't kissed this man's ass for half of her life to only be thrown out on her ass like Joseph...to fend for himself. In the car she could have said she was all for murdering what Daniel stood for. Her mind began doing flip flops in her confusion of exactly what she should do.

 

     " Look, I have my own reasons to be after Daniel."

 

    " I understand that Niamh, but what you must do cannot be ignored.  He's aiming for complete takeover of the country, it won't just be you being affected; It won't just be us anymore.  Could you live with that?"

 

    " I was living pretty fine until-" Niamh stopped her words. She wasn't selfish like that. That's not who she was. But also, she wasn't some superhero waiting to step out on the scene flaunting the cloak of justice or crap like that. " Joseph, what do you want from me?"

 

     " Be our way in."

 

     All eyes landed on Niamh.

 

    " He wouldn't be that idiotic."

 

     " Yes he would."

 

     " Joseph. He could smell the bullshit from an ocean away. That's a pretty farfetched plan."

 

     " You'd be surprised. He knows you're his daughter, it didn't take him long to realize. That connection is our key."

 

    " Daniel Saslow's daughter? Right here?" Paul interrupted halting Joseph. Daniel's only documented children were named Matthew and Darla, not Niamh.

 

    " Imagine that. His ego couldn't resist from knowing the child he threw away found her way to him... asking to be a part of his plans. Niamh, my dear, you are not under qualified either. Your credentials are astounding."

 

    " That's a lie. I've sat aside for the entire beginning, of what should have been my career, waiting to be accepted by you. There's no experience at all. His suspicions would be high just from that alone. Then add in the fact he figures I do not know who he really is and times that by the automatic mutual distrust of each other and..."

 

     " Niamh I was barely through college before he scouted me. I can say with certainty, he molded me into what I have become. He was in no way worried that I was just some kid aspiring to build a few structures for awhile. That hadn't mattered. He'd believe that his expertise must have passed on to you Niamh-that's why he hasn't looked to Matthew or Darla for anything. He can see when you have it. They didn't happen to have it. Imagine. Just imagine how easily he would hook into this."

 

    The threatening lump in her throat wouldn't be forced down . " It sounds like you're underestimating him."

 

     " I was his confidante for two decades Niamh."

 

    " If you were of such status, why would he be so fast to drop you? Leave you alive?"

 

     "It's-"

 

      " No, seriously speaking here...why would he spare you?"

 

    " Niamh. Niamh-Hey!" Blaise said sternly. He had never thought of what she was saying, and suddenly even more wasn't sitting right with him.

 

    " I don't fear him-it-any more dear. I'd be a fool, an absolute fool, to assume that I could live out the rest of my life."

 

    "Dad, stop talking so recklessly, alright? Nothing like that would happen, do you both hear me?"

 

    " It's nothing I would hope you want to hear Blaise, but it's reality."

 

    The slight panic Niamh felt disappeared after she stepped down on it. Her eyes searched the face of her mentor, having the feeling of dread of his death peeking through. She could be as angry and disgusted with him as she wanted, but it would never call for his death. Was she jumping ahead of herself?  The steam rolling off of Blaise in waves surrounded her. She had frightened the man. It wasn't her intention. The unadulterated fear of losing a parent was pasted on his face.

 

     " I don't know what I was saying. It's my imagination...my...my mind. You said Daniel wasn't into those kind of things right? "

 

       The rumors which flew around Daniel of the rare disappearance of employees or any other obstacles in the way of The Family crossed his mind.He knew them to be all true.

 

    " Yes. That's what I had said. I understand the fear Niamh...it's the nerves talking. Nothing will happen to any of us. At all." His pointed gaze settled on his son's especially. He may have doused the ire in Blaise, but it hadn't been completely put out.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

 

      After hours of briefing, the group sat on the cold ground floor exhausted from the mental strain they were placed in.

 

     Niamh's eyes nearly filled with tears at what was asked of her.

 

    Paul's stomach did insane flips from the rush.

 

   All of his childhood memories laid before him ,mutilated ,as Blaise read the papers in his hands.

 

   " There's so much he's involved in Joseph. It's a huge responsibility you're asking of me."

 

   " You of all people can carry it out Niamh." It would take extensive devising to draw up a decent outline of getting into Daniel.

 

     " Like I've said, I'm completely prepared to iron out anything that needs it." Paul stated calmly.

 

     Niamh's dark eyes roved what was before her coming in contact with Paul's. Where he fit into their equation had yet to reach her. He was just some friend of Blaise's whom she hadn't seen but a few times before.

 

   What lied on the surface was what she couldn't bypass. He had an air about him; All of the background information he gave of his experience seemed to over qualify him for mopping floors.

 

    Paul's senses took notice of Niamh's changing attitude towards him. He could tell that before she had not paid him much mind, but just like Joseph, he could gage their knowing or hint of.

 

   " Is there something wrong?" His deep voice spoke personally to Niamh.

 

    Her arms laid lax in her lap as she stared him down. Taking in a quick breath, she narrowed her eyes and moved forward, close enough for her knees to invade his space.

 

     " It's obvious you aren't who you say you are. When are you going to tell your real name?"

 

     Paul's icy gaze did not change as he watched her carefully. The eyes she pierced him with were just as judging as Daniel's had been the day of their unlucky run in.

 

     " You know it, Niamh. " His words were airy as the muscles in his face barely moved.

 

      "Is there really a need to lie from here on out?" She leaned closer.

 

     "Is this really a big issue for you?" He answered back.

 

     " In case there ever comes a situation where I need to call on you, yes."

 

    " It wouldn't be that hard to find me."

 

     " You could be a snake."

 

     " Hmm. Are you letting the pressure get to you dear? You sound paranoid." Clicking his tongue lightly, Paul shook his head mockingly.

 

     " Niamh, let's get you some air." Blaise had watched the scene between the two unfold. He wouldn't settle for taunting of Niamh at all.

     As if recollecting herself, Niamh backed further away from Paul.

 

    " No, I can't right now." She gathered a tub of files into her arms and pushed up onto both legs." I need to familiarize myself with everything." She lugged the large plastic container into her arms securing it.

 

    " You don't mean to tell me that with all of these computer in here, you don't have this stuff saved electronically Joseph?"

 

     " It's always nice to have a backup. Those drives can't always be trusted." Spoke Paul from the floor. Niamh slowly cut her eyes to him.

 

     " He's correct Niamh. I'm not so comfortable with a system that can so easily be hacked, taken over, or shut down." Joseph added lightly.

 

     Nodding her head in understanding, Niamh walked to a nearby cleared table setting down the tub. She placed the lid on to it with a sigh while reaching for another untouched container. A larger hand shadowed hers, clasping it onto the table top. Blaise laid his head into the crook of her neck, kissing the tension there.

 

     Her neck was as warm as the hand he held which was unusual for her. He could sense the quivering running through her body as she stood.

 

      " I think I need some water."

 

     " I think you need more. We won't be hopping on this within the next hour or anything Nia. You're over doing yourself." He wanted to take her home to allow her to do whatever she needed to release her feelings if nothing else.

 

      " It will pop up out of nowhere if I try to distract myself now." She insisted.

       " You'll exhaust yourself. I can feel it on your face already, you're burning up."

 

      " It's just warm down here."

 

       Blaise's eyes narrowed at her in confusion as he felt the breeze of a fan hitting his face.

 

      " Dad, we're leaving. I think she's had her fill for the day."

 

    " No Blaise. I'm staying, if you're ready you can leave. That's fine."

 

      Blaise shook his head in finality, taking hold of her hand, wrapping his fingers with hers." Please don't fight me on this. You're literally making yourself sick."

 

     Niamh's forehead touched his shoulder. She had no true energy to speak anymore. She felt an urgency to run towards the work she needed to put in, but also to flee from it. Allowing Blaise to take the lead, she raised her arm to her eyes, the time on her watch read well past 11 pm.

 

     " It looks like you've aged ten years Niamh dear."

 

    " That is in no way comforting." Even though she barely had any humor, she laughed at Joseph.

 

     His arms reached to her, pulling her into what she could assume was a fatherly embrace.

 

       "I'm pulling for you, but you do need to go at your own risk. I'm not rushing you okay?"

 

      " I understand."

 

     " Glad to know you'll listen to someone." Blaise said. He gingerly pulled Niamh to his side.

 

      " I'll see you later Dad. " His voice didn't waver over addressing Paul. The minor comb over of his presence sent a wave of a feeling akin to hurt to Paul's psych. The aggressive charge he had taken when he was first discovered upstairs had not changed. In fact, while they came together under a mutual understanding while doing the first steps of their research, Paul could feel the weight of Blaise's stare upon him. As if possible, it became even more suffocating as he exchanged words with Niamh.

 

    " Too bad we couldn't get those drinks tonight, huh?"

 

   " I don't even really drink anyways so...." Blaise spoke indifferently. " Are you going to be doing this the rest of the night?" He asked Joseph.

 

     " I've got a lot of things to smooth out, yes."

 

    " Over working ourselves won't benefit it shaking Daniel up."

 

    " I don't plan to just shake him son. I'm putting my all into this. Just make sure you watch after Niamh okay? Not me."

 

     " That's selfish of you to say. Of course I'll be staking out for you too." The sentimental moment between father and son went undisturbed. The thought that Blaise would wipe his hands of his father seemed to run rampant in Joseph's talk. He didn't want Blaise to have sympathy or compassion for him. Such impersonal feelings were impossible for Blaise to have towards the only parent he had.

 

    " I'd really rather stay here a bit longer." Niamh insisted one last time. The headiness from what she was being put through clouded her judgment.

 

     "You're not breaking down on me. Let's go for real this time."

     The pull from Blaise guided Niamh upstairs and all the way to passenger seat of his car in a blink of the eye. Everything passed by her without fully registering, Niamh felt herself check out. If she wanted to squeeze her way into The Family, she knew she would have to lose who she was.

 

Oooooooooooooooooo

 

    " Let me undress you." Blaise turned to the sound of Niamh's voice from a far. They had come to his home, their bodies heavy from exhaustion. He had watched as Niamh went through the motions of drinking five glasses of water since they first walked in the door. When he asked, she mumbled something about cotton mouth. The last place he had seen her was sitting on the living room couch, eyes closed in the dark.

 

     It hadn't been long since left to his room. He stopped reaching for his shirt. Turning her way, he waited as her dark figure walked.

 

     Her fingers ghosted over his shoulders. Past his elbows. There was an eerie look of peacefulness somberly resting on her face.

 

    "Niamh?"

 

    " You know, I have very morbid predictions for my life." She unbuttoned his shirt in one sweep, letting it float onto the bed.

 

      " I would think of being in some horrible car accident. Going out with the wrong guy. Those were much more comforting than what I think now. Now, it all comes back to collapsing to my knees...no warning or anything at all. I can see those last moments that show all in one second, you know? I can see them now, but I don't believe I would be able to see them when I would most expect. They aren't fitting right. " Niamh shook her head as her hands slid the zipper of his pants down, allowing them to pool around his feet . She held his hands as he stepped from them.

 

      " I've been thinking just recently. And I mean recently, literally in the last few hours.What if what I see, or feel is about to happen isn't really me dying? In the physical sense, where I no longer exist in this world. I don't have the cleanest slate , I admit.It's down right filthy, hasn't been cared for in years."

 

     Blaise repeated the same actions she had taken with him, stripping her to her underwear. He chose not to speak because of the concentration displayed on her face. He didn't want to break it.

 

    " Nothing has gone the way I want right? The souring of everything with my mom...meeting my actual father. They're things I never would have imagined or wanted. To me, it feels like everything is retrograding only to smash into me. Surprisingly, I want it. I do Blaise. I need it. Oh shit. I'm going to be reborn or something."

 

     A goofy smirk was drawn onto her face.

 

      " That's so cliché." Blaise finally spoke. His heart warmed in her moment of clarity.

 

     " It's so going to happen." A salty taste at the corners of Niamh's mouth touched her tongue as she licked it out to moisten her lips.

 

     "You're crying."

 

    "I'm crying?"

 

    " That's what it seems to be."

 

     "I don't cry Blaise."

 

    "Liar, this is the third time I've seen you cry."

 

   " Can you forget them? I've never been this way until you."

 

    "Nope. I'm keeping these memories for a long time."

 

     " Can we take a shower? At least in there you can't see my tears." Niamh dramatically sighed.

 

    " Whatever you think will work."

 

 

Note by Inthenykoftime

I've got myself an issue. I have a load of new parts written to all of my stories, but motivation to go in and tie what I have written up is low. I have literally stopped in the middle of sentences on a couple of them.

 

 

I think this is just plain laziness. 

 

I want to deliver a good product so I'm being extra careful with what I write. My mind is trying to multitask without allowing me to get caught up with it. Off I go! Hopefully I can have each story updated by next Friday! 

 Heck, maybe even earlier. 

Chapter 27 by Inthenykoftime
Author's Notes:

Welp.

 

This isn't the end at all.

 

Just for this part of their story.

 

I was dipping my feet into the beginning...testing the waters and such. I'm pretty much certain of how to go about part two now that I've seen what I could do.

 

I hope to bring an even better part two to you guys soon!

 

=)

 

       One Month Later

 

     Niamh had willingly sent herself through a crash course to insure she knew The Family as if she had been born and bred into it. It involved many nights of strategic overview, manipulating her mindset to rest solely on getting into Daniel's boundaries. Every handbook, every guide ever written that told the history of their prosperous leader she had read, learned, and memorized. This classified information of course wasn't floating around the general public; they were flyers hidden in between the pages of newspapers which were specially hand delivered to every home which coalesced into the dominant Family. It was far too fascinating to pick apart the evil structure  such as this. Niamh saw videos of the meetings between classified gatherings with Daniel and heads of governmental agencies. The messages relayed with one another were all sticky with treason , and would without a doubt fly right under the radar.

 

      It was much like the many documentaries she had a habit of watching. The documentaries where they tell the story, from beginning to end, of mysteries of the underworld revealed. There was a certain thrill to staying up late to watch them. She would tire out her search engines looking up every detail to the stories hoping to find as much information as possible. Now she experienced a surreal twist in the plotline where she has been written in. She wouldn't have to imagine the bravery of the individuals who contribute to taking down forces that were above the law.

 

     Now Niamh knew and understood what it took for those people. On the outside, they are seen as heroic vigilantes doing the job everyone else seemed to miss.

 

     But truthfully, one doesn't consider the fame and recognition they will get for performing such tasks. At least Niamh could assume it was that way. She didn't want a job well done, or a pat on the back for destroying Daniel. What she needed most in the aftermath was peace. Peace knowing that she had done everything she could to the best of her abilities. The knot in her stomach which kept her up at night needed to be undone.

 

     She would be naïve to believe that removing Daniel from his pedestal would send his pending danger out the door with him. Of course there would be others affected by his toxic plans. She couldn't be brash and attack immediately, that's not how things would get done. Picking up the pieces of her fallen face on the ground would be the result of things.

 

     Niamh chewed on her knuckle as she sat in her car underneath the veil of the shadows filling the parking garage of the home she once lived in. Her eyes were wet as she looked at the digital clock on her dash. It shined the early hour of the morning into vision as she wiped away the thick tears spilling from them.

 

    They were from exhaustion.

     No, they were just dry really. When she stressed, they always ended up irritated.

 

    Or could it have been the fact she was so close to her mother...so close to her family just moments before? She had brought a box with the most important gifts she could provide Lorraine and Niall with. Joseph had distributed protection devices to Niamh for her to give to her loved ones. She had hesitated on leaving the box on their doorstep for fear of Daniel's men continuing to lurk around the apartment stopped her.

 

    The key still fit the lock when she inserted it, turning it slowly on one breath as she opened the door. The familiar smell of the home wrapped around her body as she stealthily placed the devices around the home. She had accomplished it with ease, but when it came to the small personal pieces meant to be kept on a person's body at all times, she had met a wall.

 

     She had choked on a sob as she remembered wrapping  Blythe's fingers around her device which she had delivered just prior to visiting her family's apartment. She remembered the tears sailing down each of their faces as they held on to each other silently. Niamh had felt it necessary that she be there to make sure Blythe wore it correctly, wanting to make sure she had everything she needed.

 

     Niamh should have been able to share such an intimate moment with her brother and mother, but it had passed. She had scribbled on the first torn envelope she could find, writing them a note to know that she had been there.

 

      " I know my timing is a bit off and asking you guys to wear these is bizarre. But I promise it will help you in the long run.

                 ---I love you"

 

 

       Before her mind could process anything she had instantly found herself back in her car, sobbing to death for a reason that remained blurry to her. They were alive. The home looked to be undisturbed. She couldn't soothe her heart though.

 

       Her fist pounded multiple times into her thigh as she opened her mouth in a small soundless wail.

 

       She had thought before that she had wanted only one thing at the end of all of this.

 

      She was wrong.

 

     Now she wanted her family back more than anything.

 

    Above all else, she wouldn't settle for less than that.

 

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooo

 

     Lorraine sat stiffly on the edge of her bed as her eyes stared into the distance, as wide as saucers. Her hand rested against her chest, clutching to the fabric of her t shirt as her body was wracked with emotions. The call for a glass of water had brought her to the bedroom door on the verge of emerging from it, but the sight of her daughter at the kitchen table sent all coherent thoughts away.

 

     She had to have hated her. Surely after what she had done to her.

 

    Lorraine knew she was a proud person, and that was a part in the reluctance to face Niamh. That and the reawakened fears from years ago which had almost driven her to keep Niamh from existence.  The repressed hatred for Daniel had been mistaken for her daughter at one point in time. Lorraine could still feel the ache of trying to ignore her second pregnancy. Many times she had thought of playing the fool early on and going out to have one too many drinks, or possibly taking a tumble down the large stairs of the Saslow home.

 

     When all of these chances were presented to her, she had lost the false courage.

 

    She thought she was justified in not wanting her daughter for the way she was given to her. Lorraine would look to Niall and list all of the reasons why his birth was right and Niamh's would be wrong.

 

    She had loved Niall's father.

 

   He was a good man.

 

   It was all consensual.

 

   The baby she carried would only be doomed. Doomed from its heritage and the possibility of the only parent it was likely to know not having enough love for it.

 

     As the months passed Lorraine watched the changes in her body to accommodate her child. The anger she initially had burst into love. She cursed herself for all of the ignorance she had held towards the innocent baby. She prayed for punishment for her thoughts with each movement inside her stomach. The kicks Niamh gave her were understood to be her child reminding her of the carelessness Lorraine had held for its life.

 

       Lorraine feared her child being born as a replica of Daniel.

 

    But she feared more the thought of her daughter entering the world loveless.

 

     Lorraine crawled back to the spot she had previously occupied in her bed as she laid her head into her pillow. She inhaled deeply, still able to smell remnants of Niamh. She thought of the first time she had smelled her as a baby, the sweet scent intoxicated her and broke down every selfish bone in her body.

 

     She had vowed that day to never allow what happened to her affect the way she loved her children. They would receive equal parts of her. There would never be a day where she would let her love slip away.

 Her hand wiped the cascading tears away slowly, feeling the burn on her face.

 

     It hurt to realize she hadn't seen that she was doing the exact opposite of that. She knew that if it was this difficult for her as the mother, then Niamh must have been going through hell with no break.

 

    Had all of her feelings really been masked this entire time? Surely not. Lorraine sincerely loved Niamh the way a mother knew how. She couldn't recall ever having doubting moments, or ones of bitterness as she watched her grow.

 

    A fit of rage sent the bedding flying from its place. Lorraine got on her knees, digging them into the carpet. She prayed. She prayed with all she could, but it wasn't enough.

 

   She lowered her body fully on the ground. Her voice a strong sound against the floor as she cried out to the only source of reason and knowledge she could trust.

 

Ooooooooooooooooo

 

    Blaise sat up against the headboard of his as he patiently waited for Niamh's return. He could still feel the kiss to his temple she left as she murmured her intentions a couple of hours ago. She probably had hoped he wouldn't be able to recall it...that he would just remain asleep long enough for her to return without notice of her absence. He was used to waking up to find her on the balcony of his home, dangling over the edge as her arms swayed along the railing. He was certain in her safety when she remained near the house, but with her gone at such a time on her own, worry seemed to comfort him.

 

     Manners were void when he decided to call Blythe's home hoping that news of Niamh would come from there. His first call had went unanswered, but just as he began to dial again, Blythe had immediately returned it. He only needed to hear those few words, "She was here."  They gave him a better idea of her whereabouts.

 

     He told himself he would simply wait for her to come back.

 

     Then he told himself he would only call once.

 

     Maybe he could call every ten minutes.

 

    By the time he had made his mind up on what to do, he heard his front door open. His body rose from the bed going to meet Niamh as she maneuvered quickly towards the room. He had caught her off guard as she ran into him, gasping even out of surprise.

 

     " Blaise." She nearly crooned. He grabbed the sides of her face, lifting it in the darkness. He inspected the damage; the puffy eyes and red cheeks told it all.

 

    " It's okay Nia. I'm here with you." Niamh bit her lower lip as she kept away the crying she managed to stop just minutes ago. Her back cracked as she opened her arms meaning to completely hold Blaise. Her body weight laid limp against Blaise as he picked her up into his arms. He rocked her back and forth as her legs locked around his waist and is hand rubbed calming lines across her back.

 

     " I need you." Niamh brought her lips to his ear, whispering the words to him. Her emotional high had reached a point where she no longer wanted to feel it. She wanted to detach from everything around her, but Blaise.

 

    He couldn't help the surge in his body to meet her request. Things had been so cautious around them lately that he hadn't realized how much his body yearned for hers. He took deep calming breaths as he held onto her tighter, receiving the same grip in return. He wanted more than anything in the world to take her to bed, but he couldn't without knowing how she was first.

 

     "Baby, let's take a minute here .Okay?" Blaise began to peel her from him, but Niamh was latched on securely.

 

    " Don't let go of me." She pleaded more desperately than she had expected to. She felt Blaise walk them back to the bedroom and deposit her onto the bed. She opened her eyes and watched as he sinuously curled into her body in the way she had done many nights. He held her beneath him, his face mere inches from hers as he stroked the loose hairs framing her face. Her eyelids fluttered closed as her mouth opened slightly inviting the caresses his fingertips gave to them. Blaise traced the shape of the lips as he leaned closer kissing them gently.

 

     " You could do that as many times as you'd like, and I would have no problem with it."

 

     Blaise kissed her again, this time lingering.

 

     " Have I told you I love you?"

 

     Blaise raised his head studying her eyes." Yes, I do believe so."

 

     " It never seems hurt to make sure I drive that point home. I don't want to stop loving you either Blaise. I-" A searing kiss halted her words as he drew her closer to him. She was happy for it.

 

    Niamh knew that she had been thinking.

 

   Thinking led to speaking, and she didn't want to say anything that was on her mind. Thoughts whirred continuously in her mind, and which one she might pick to say out loud was a gamble.

 

    Niamh pushed her fingers through his hair, feeling the heat of his chest above hers. The jeans she wore became a puddle on the ground. The static feeling from his uncovered legs against hers was tingling to the point of a pleasant pain. She could feel the soreness once there melt away from his touch.

 

    Her hips slid forward meeting his from the tightness present in her lower half. Just thinking of the feelings they brought each other had Niamh with one foot over the edge already. Blaise's hand skimmed across the skin on her rear, reveling in the plump shape.

 

    He could smell her scent of arousal almost immediately as he pushed her light jacket from her arms, meeting the erect nipples lying beneath her thin shirt. One hand carefully molded itself around one breast. Appreciation for her body made Blaise shudder.

 

   Her hand followed his as she gripped them both over the flesh. Blaise hooked an arm under the teasing leg she ran along his side. His stomach came closer to her center,clenching from the heat of what was waiting there.

 

     In one motion, Niamh had herself straddling Blaise as he sat upright. Her shirt came over her head and landed elsewhere in the room. Her skin crawled with sensation as her body moved against the rise of his member. She watched as his pupils dilated from what  she served him . His hearing began to muffle, only being able to detect her earnest moans. His mouth devoured her brown orbs as they stood tantalizingly in front of him.

 

   Niamh grasped his shoulders tightly as a sob escaped her chest. Blaise immediately pulled away from the sound.

 

    Blaise's head lifted in uncertainty as he saw something pass in her eyes.

 

    " What's wrong?"

 

    What was Niamh emotionally ready to give up and handle?

 

    "Nothing..."She lied. Blaise moved her to sit on the bed as her eyes refused to meet his.

 

   " We don't have to do anything tonight okay? If you're not ready especially-"

 

   " It's you or them." She interrupted. He watched her grab her shirt from the ground, attempting to hide within it.

     " Excuse me?"

 

     " I can't handle both...I don't think.  You , my mother, and brother."

 

     A lump in his throat formed as he watched her lips form the words." What are you saying Niamh."

 

       A long silence passed before she stood to put back on her jeans while her previous feelings diminished.

 

     " I can't shoulder learning to deal with you and getting back with my family. It's too much for me to handle along with inserting myself into Daniel's life. Or the other way around really. It just all can't be handle at the same time right now Blaise is basically what I'm getting at." She said exasperated.

 

     "Deal with me?No one has suggested you having to choose between your family and I Niamh. When have I ever made you feel like it has to be one or the other?" His voice began to rise as panic resided within him.

 

    " And I'm not saying that you have at all Blaise. I'm not." She shouted back. Blaise walked to the far wall, turning on the light.

 

   " Well I sure am hearing what you think you said differently."

 

   "I have to weigh my options here. I can't be torn between wanting the love you can give me, or getting back the love I know and recognize from them. That's just not how it works. I've made up my mind Blaise and you....." Niamh wiped her hand across her face." You are looking pretty expendable right now. And I mean that in the most polite way possible."

 

       The lie singed her mouth as she turned away, gasping at what she had said. The severity of her words was unmistakable.  

    " Just like that? I mean, I know it hasn't been some tremendous stretch of time since we've known each other but...you're just dismissing me. Right?" Warped versions of the many stories of the times Niamh let go of her lust interests before him came to mind. He singled in on one factor he seemed to have in common." Just like the other guys you've fucked."

 

    Blaise had many women he simply fucked.

 

    And he was certain that many of those women considered him just a man they fucked.

 

    Had she been anyone else, the shock, and dare he say hurt, wouldn't have been this heavy.

 

     Niamh stood still at the turn of events. His words were keen and spiteful.

 

    "That was necessary?"

 

    " I guess just as necessary as it was for you to bring me this far in and declare that you're wiping your hands of me." Blaise walked close to Niamh, almost clipping her shoulder as he went to his dresser, pulling out the first pieces of clothing he touched. He saw the sun rising outside and it only seemed to fuel his anger. Anger at Niamh. Anger at himself.

 

     " This is all we need, right? You're fulfilled and I guess we can just carry out our business we have now."

 

      "No, Blaise your missing the point. I didn't say that the way I wanted to." Niamh grabbed on to his arm keeping him from putting on the running shoes he pulled from his closet. She felt the muscles in his arm tense and release before he stripped her hands from him.

 

      " You always say what you mean Niamh." He spoke sarcastically.

 

     "Then you know that I meant it when I said I loved you. I love you Blaise, that isn't going to change. I just can't love you right now."

 

    "You don't pick and choose when you love!" His voice boomed rendering her silent.

 

     " You're not going to sit here and place me on a future schedule to get to when you please."

 

    " Under any other situation where I didn't have other things on the line, you know this wouldn't be the case Blaise! Just until all of this is over. Can we hold off until then?"

 

    " I'm inconvenient." Blaise stood in front of Niamh looking like the man she had seen the first night she met him. He looked uninterested and solemn.

 

     "My family Blaise... I just want...I need to get that together again."

 

    " I completely agree with you. They should be your focus Niamh." Blaise nodded his head as he tightened his lips against each other. His voice became hoarse as he spoke to her. The acceptance he wanted to have for her family coming before him was hard to swallow. He wasn't in her situation; a situation where knowing if your parent or sibling could throw away the knives thrown their way to make it back to the love they knew was there. A selfish part of his being wanted to shake out the reason for why she couldn't balance it the way he was.

 

    But the reasonable, more conscious part of Blaise knew better than to ask her such a thing. Maybe this was a spurt of love. Love that he had secretly searched for after years of his escapades.

 

      " I understand Niamh." A false sense of calmness was hard for him to convey. He tried to give a subtle smile in response to her downturned features. There an unspoken command that forced Niamh's legs to move around Blaise.  She found herself stopped at the doorway, crushing her hands into its ridges.

 

      " If you'll have me, I can be there for you once all is said and done Blaise. It's an offer I won't take back. I know you're  angry right now, I can only imagine. It's not fair, I know, to ask you for this. It's the only way I know how to be able to give you my all.  We can both give love at the same time if only you would wait for me."

 

     Niamh didn't know what to expect. She wanted him to admit that he had let his anger and surprise get the best of him, that he may have overreacted.

 

    She felt that she had the basis of him down. That he would do exactly what her heart told her he would. He couldn't drop what they had going this easily. He just couldn't. Niamh had said something rash, and tried to correct it. She just wanted a promise of cooperation. If she could freeze time selectively, she would have the moment before she spoke the words that turned the mood sour.

 

    " I hope everything works out Niamh." His words left to room for speculation, they forced Niamh out of the house and into her car. She felt the exhaustion seeping deeper into her bones as she became drained.

 

     Niamh didn't know how to make two things work at the same time. Especially nothing this grand.  Never in her life had she felt less equipped than now. Maybe she wasn't strong enough to give the love Blaise needed. Maybe it was too much.

 

       She knew what love was with her family. She needed to rekindle it first.

 

    Niamh began to compose her own conclusion.

 

   If she never searched for romantic love when her family prospered from happiness and only found it when the relationship between her mother and brother became strained, then maybe....maybe she wouldn't have to worry about the decaying of her heart she felt now.

 

      If things went back to the way they were before, the feeling of loving Blaise could finally leave as the stand in for what she couldn't feel from her family.

        The stubbornness of Blaise and Niamh would prove that neither of them quite understood what it meant to love someone unconditionally.They had little experience to base it off of. They had little understanding of what sacrificing and working toward love was.

 

    But now it was ahead of them, and they are bound to smash right into it.

 

End Notes:

This isn't the end end, so if you feel confused or unsatisfied, I must ask you to patiently wait my dearies.

For Nikki by Inthenykoftime
Author's Notes:

Hey you, here are the missing pictures for you and anyone else that dug through the site and decided to read this story.

Niall DegesNiall Deges

Blaise Kincaid Blaise Kincaid

Lorraine Deges Lorraine Deges

Joseph Kincaid  Joseph Kincaid

End Notes:

There you go. Hope this helps you and thanks so much for reading 

This story archived at https://www.valentchamber.com/viewstory.php?sid=1854