Trouble in Paradise by xDangerousLovex
RetiredSummary:

Aubrey is living the perfect life or so it seems. With her demanding boyfriend, Vincent and his quick temper, she doesn't know how much more she can take. Things take a turn for the worse when Chase a co-worker steps in . . or maybe a turn for the better?

 

This story contains - Violence, Abuse, Sex and Rape (further into the story)


Categories: Original Fiction Characters: None
Classification: None
Genre: Drama, Romance
Story Status: Active
Pairings: None
Warnings: Adult Situations, Dark Fic, Extreme Language, Graphic Violence, Original Characters, Rape, Sexual Content , Strong Sexual Content , Un-betaed , Work in Progress
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: No Word count: 24078 Read: 11054 Published: December 20 2012 Updated: October 31 2013

1. The Cast by xDangerousLovex

2. Chapter One by xDangerousLovex

3. Chapter Two by xDangerousLovex

4. Chapter Three by xDangerousLovex

5. Chapter Four by xDangerousLovex

6. Chapter Five by xDangerousLovex

7. Chapter Six by xDangerousLovex

The Cast by xDangerousLovex

Aubrey 

Aubrey

 

Vincent 

Vincent

 

Chase 

Chase

 

End Notes:

More cast pictures coming soon. 

Chapter One by xDangerousLovex
Author's Notes:

I changed Chase's name from Nicolas to Chase, so if you see 'Nicolas' in any of the following chapters just ignore it. I'm trying to go back and edit them. 

 

I placed the key in my front door, turned it, and when I heard a click I pushed it open. As I walked through the threshold, I kicked off my Louboutins and sat my purse and keys down at the table in the foyer.

 

"Honey I'm Home." I called and waited for a reply but none came.

 

I entered the living room and saw his dark shadow waiting for me. He was sitting on the couch, his back facing me. I stepped farther into the room and I automatically could smell cognac liquor. He was probably drinking his favorite, Remy Martin. I sighed knowing I was going to face a fight. He quickly whipped his head around, and came to stand in front of me.

 

Before I could even blink. A loud ringing sounded in my ear, as a sharp pain hit me, that left a throbbing sensation on my cheek. As the tingling sensation built up inside of me, I felt a single tear trickle down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away.

 

I looked up to see that his hand was falling from the air, as his piercing brown eyes were fixed on me. His brows were furrowed together into a line across his forehead. There is no doubt about it, he is scowling at me. The anger he seems to be feeling is radiating off of him in waves. I automatically shied away from him.

 

"I remember telling you to be home earlier than this." He barked at me. "What is your excuse?"

 

I nervously wrung my hands together. I was not ready to deal with a full on fight tonight. If I wanted to walk out of this room with my face and body in one piece, I definitely couldn't tell him, that I had got caught up with Kayla and Mia, my best friends. Vincent did not like me hanging out with my friends or even family for that matter.

 

"Work ran a little late today. I'm sorry I should have called. It will not happen again. I promise." My voice came out more shakier than what I would have liked.

 

"Damn right it won't. If you would like to continue your search for somewhere to do your Residency." He sneered, while stepping closer to me. I had not noticed that I had been backing away from him, until my back hit the wall. Preventing me from moving.

 

I nodded my head and pressed my lips tightly together, not trusting what might come out if I decide to open my mouth. He turned around and walked out of the room. I sighed with relief once I heard him stomping his feet loudly on his way down to the basement, the 'Man Cave' as he likes to call it. When he goes down there he usually doesn't surface up until the next morning. So I will be able to have some peace and quiet for a little while.

 

I walked into the bathroom and reached down to turn the bathtubs faucet knobs. I raised, turned around, and gasped at what I saw. I walked closer to the mirror's above our sinks, my cheek was light red but I had a dark red bruise under my eye. I lightly ran my hand over my cheekbone and winced as I did so, it was sore. I sighed and shook my head. My clothes fell to the floor as I walked over to the tub and got in. The water was warm and soothing against my skin.

 

I sank down, sighed, and closed my eyes as my mind started drifting off to Vincent and I's relationship.

 

Of course we do not have the best relationship but it works for us. We've been together for 3 years. My mom absolutely adores him but my sister, brother, and best friends hate his guts. As for my Dad I don't think he truly knows the extent of our relationship. I can understand why they do dislike him so much, with the way he gets out of control sometimes. I try not to make excuses for him but it's hard loving someone. We are really good most of the time. It's just that sometimes I do or say things to make him mad, and then he feels like I should be put in my place as a female, his wife, and future mother of his kids.

 

My body involuntarily shuddered at the thought of carrying his children.

 

I was young when we first met. My mother was the person that introduced us. I was 18 and he was 22. We have known each other for a little over 6 years now. I love him but I'm still waiting to get butterflies when I see him, for my heart skip a beat when he comes close to me, and for it to become hard to breathe when he touches me.

 

Everything just comes easy for us now. He will be an awesome provider for his family if that day ever comes. I think kids is just what he needs to help him sober up and change some of his ways.

 

I opened my eyes when I noticed the water that surrounds me is cold. I stepped out and dried off with a towel. I grabbed my robe and walked into the bedroom. I made sure to steer clear of the mirrors. I didn't really want to look at myself right now. You would think that since I have known him for so long, I would know what not to do in order to keep him from getting angry with me, but it never fails I always seem to make him mad.

 

I dressed in some shorts and a tank. I set my alarm clock a little early so I can have time to try and cover up my face. I have to look my best it's a necessity. I sighed as I crawled under the cool feeling of our silk sheets. I sank into the overly fluffy bed and soon was taken over by a deep slumber.

 

 


 

 

My eyes fluttered open, I groaned when my eyes landed on the alarm clock and I saw that I still had 30 minutes. I pulled myself up and wiped my eyes. There is no way I could fall back asleep. I was never one for naps. I knew that Vincent wasn't in the bed I had felt him leave early this morning. I didn't bother to get up and ask him where he was going. If he wanted me to know anything he would tell me. As I stretched and threw the covers back my hand hit something beside me. In the place that Vincent always sleeps. I looked over to see 5 boxes of different sizes wrapped and a note on the biggest. I couldn't help the smile that broke out across my face. Which at that moment I realized was sore. I walked over to his side of the bed and gasped when I saw 3 even bigger wrapped boxes on the ground. I picked up the note.

 

In Vincent's beautiful penmanship was :

 

Dear Aubrey,


I'M SORRY BABY


I'm sorry of being so unemotional


I'm sorry of being so possessive


I'm sorry because I can't live without you.


I'm sorry for the tears you shed


I'm sorry for the damage I make


I'm sorry I've made you sick


Sorry I hurt you so deep


I'm sorry for giving you sleepless nights


I'm sorry for each and every fight


I'm sorry for your pain and agony


I'm sorry for the missing harmony


I'm sorry for my selfish love


I'm sorry for not caring enough


I'm sorry for your restlessness


I'm sorry for the losing grace


I'm sorry my friend I made you mad


I'm sorry Darling you are so sad


Sorry for giving you unhappiness


Sorry because it's my disgrace


I'm sorry for being so mad about you


I'm sorry for being so immature


I'm sorry for what can't be cured


I'm sorry for being myself


I'm sorry that I have failed


I'm sorry for being insane


I'm sorry and sorry again


But believe me that I LOVE YOU


Should I say sorry for that too.?

 

When I was finished reading the letter I was crying. I sighed and sat down on the edge of the bed with the letter still in my hand. It has been a long time since he has hit me. I think last night he was just upset and worried since I didn't call him to let him know where I was at. I smiled at the thought of Vincent leaving early in the morning and going shopping for me. He might have a lot of money but he still likes to do some things for me without help. Shopping is one of them. It doesn't bother me because he has impeccable taste.

 

I smiled and laughed as I looked down on the bed at all the new things I just received. I had Outfits, Bags and Shoes from my favorite designers. To say that Vincent spoils me would be putting it very lightly. He always goes overboard when buying things even for himself. I sighed and looked over at the clock it was a little past 8 I have a meeting to attend at 10, so far i'm making good time.

 

I showered, did my make-up which wasn't as hard as I thought it would be the light bruise had actually already started to disappear, and dressed in one of new skirt-suits Vincent bought me. I made my way down the stairs while putting on some basic diamond stud earrings. I smiled when the smell of pancakes and bacon reached my nose.

 

"Good Morning Aubrey." Paula our housekeeper said and slightly bent her head down when she heard me approach.

 

I nodded my head and sat down at the bar. "I see you made breakfast. You didn't have to do that."

 

I saw her shake her head as she made my plate. " Mr. Hamilton especially asked me to make your favorite."

 

I sighed as she sat my plate down in front of me. "Thank You ."

 

I quickly ate since I only have 30 minutes to make it to the meeting on time. Just as I pushed my chair back and was walking to the door to grab my things the butler Henry appeared. I greeted him. "Good Morning Henry."

 

He nodded. "I will get your car ready Miss."

 

I walked into the living room where I had sat the matching Gucci shoes to my outfit. I slipped the heels on and said goodbye to Paula. I walked back to the door and did a mental checklist making sure I had everything.

 

Henry opened the door for me. "The keys are in the car Ma'am."

 

I smiled at him. "Have a nice day Henry."

 

"You too Ma'am." he said as he bowed while I walked through the door.

 

I stopped mid step. "What have I told you? You do not need to call me Ma'am or bow down to me." I paused "For christ sakes you're older than me."

 

I saw the laughter in Henry eyes that he wouldn't let escape out of his mouth. "You look very beautiful today Aubrey. Try not to get into too much trouble."

 

I was walking thru the door and when I heard this. I turned around to give him my brightest smile. Just before he closed the door all the way, I saw a small smile stretch across his lips. As I walked down the steps I saw that Henry had chosen for me to drive my Aston Martin One-77. He always has had a knack for bringing me the car I really want to drive. I got in and threw my bag in the passenger seat. I took off, out of our driveway.

 

Today I was going to one of our local hospitals to meet with a Physician to see if I could do my Residency with him. We have talked on the phone a few times and he seems really cool. He is one of the best Physicians in the state of New York.

 

 


 

 

I looked down at my rolex as I walked through the parking lot of the hospital. Trying to make it to my car as quickly as possible. The sun was already making me start to sweat, and It was 1:10 pm and I have a lunch meeting with my sister and mom at 1:30.

 

I made it to Atelier in a fashionable late manor. I couldn't help the smile that broke out across my face when the host took me to the table that Danielle and mom were sitting at.

 

I rushed over to hug and kiss them on the cheek. "I'm so sorry I'm late." I gushed as I sat down in a chair "It's very hard getting to Central park at 1 in the afternoon." I shook my head at the thought.

 

"Well.." My mom started but then stopped.

 

"Do you have good news or not." Danielle burst out. She was never one to hold something in.

 

I nodded my head. "Dr. Bernhardt agreed to let me complete my Residency with him."

 

"That's great honey." Mom stated.

 

"When do you start." Dani asked.

 

"Monday." I stated matter of factly.

 

Mom handed me a small jewelry box.

 

I sent Dani a questionably look.

 

She just shrugged her shoulders.

 

"Just open it." Mom urged.

 

I took in a sharp breath."It's absolutely gorgeous mom." I breathed out. I ran my fingers around the heart shaped Emerald and traced the Diamonds. It wasn't big but it didn't have to be. They say its the thought that counts and it truly is.

 

Mom leaned forward and wiped a stray tear away from my cheek. "Come here so I can put it on you."

 

I squatted down in front of her pushed out chair and turned around so she could put it on. When I felt the chain fall against my skin I got up and sat back down in my place. "Thanks mom." I ran my fingers around where it rested on my skin. "It's perfect."

 

"Your father will be ecstatic to hear this news." Mom said as she pulled out her phone and quickly composed a text or email.

 

"Mom come on I think he's known all along that Bre would be able to attend her Residency with Dr. Bernhardt." Dani said as she took a sip of her wine.

 

I nodded my head in agreement. If you ask me he might have even had some part in persuading Dr.Bernhardt .

 

"Dad is throwing a congratulations party/dinner for you next Saturday night. We expect you both to attend and bring your significant others." Mom sent me a pointed look but before anyone had time to comment a waiter arrived with our food.

 

 


 

 

I decided to stop by Gucci on my way home.

 

As soon as I walked in the door the owner of the store came up to me. "Ah I see you are wearing some of the gifts you're Boyfriend bought."

 

I smiled and nodded my head. "What can I say he knows the way to my heart."

 

"What can I help you with today?" he asked while leading me over to the couch.

 

"Well I need a suite for Vincent." I sat down

 

"Okay what's the occasion?" He asked as he waved one of his stylist over.

 

"My parents are throwing me a Dinner in honor of Dr.Bernhardt accepting me to complete my Residency with him."

 

Alberto nodded his head. "Congratulations." He gave me a pat on the back "Yes that sounds like George he loves any occasion to host a get together."

 

I smiled at hearing him call my dad by his first name. Over the years of dad shopping in here for mom and himself they have built a very strong friendship.

 

"Yes, so as you know I'm sure there will be Class A guest attending." I took a sip of my water.

 

"Alright I have the perfect suit in mind." He walked over to a stylist and she handed him a book. I watched as he filled through the pages and then stopped. "Now this is not set to be released until next month but you and your family have spent a fortune in this store, So" He handed it to me and pointed to a bright maroon colored suit "What do you think?"

 

"I love it." I almost shouted.

 

"Good. I thought you would. I can have one available in Vincent's custom size a week from now. You would like the matching shoes correct"

 

I nodded my head.

 

He turned to the stylist "Go put that order in. You will find Mr.Hamilton's measurements in our files."

 

"Thank You so much Alberto." I jumped up and gave him a hug. I looked down at my watch. "I have to go now." I started walking towards the door.

 

"See you next Thursday Aubrey." Alberto said as he held the door open for me.

 

 


 

 

"Hey baby how was your day?" Vincent asked.

 

I whipped my head around and saw him standing in the doorway of our bedroom watching me.

 

I smiled. "It was really good. I have some news. ."

 

He walked over to the bed and set down then he pulled me in between his legs. "Oh yeah. What is it?"

 

I sighed as he started massaging my back " Dr.Bernhardt agreed to let me complete my Residency with him."

 

"Thats awesome." He replied and then pulled my head down so he could give me a kiss.

 

I pulled away. "Yea it is and My dad is throwing a dinner for me next Saturday."

 

"Good thing I'm free." He continued to massage my back.

 

I nodded my head. "Yes because Mom said that you are attending. No excuses."

 

He chuckled. "I wouldn't want to make Sarah mad."

 

"Im pretty sure she would be mad at me before you." I pointed out.

 

"I think your right." Was his reply as he chuckled.

 

"Don't sound so smug." I pushed him down on the bed and crawled on top of him.

 

He opened his mouth to reply but his phone decided to go off. I sighed, crawled over him, grabbed the phone off of the bedside table,and handed it to him. He doesn't like it when I answer his phone. He says its his own personal property and that I should trust him. I have never once picked up his phone to go through it.

 

I watched as he got up and walked through the door and into his office. Being the C.E.O of a marketing company keeps him busy practically 24/7.

 

By the time I ate dinner and took a shower Vincent was still in his office.

 

I layed down on the couch and decided to catch up on some of my t.v shows. I was fast forwarding a commercial when Vincent came up behind the couch and leaned down to kiss me.

 

"What are you still doing up? I thought you would be in bed by now it is. . ." He picked his arm up and looked at his watch. "12:15."

 

I shrugged my shoulders. "I'm just not tired right now."

 

"Alright I’m going to take a shower then going to bed." He started backing away.

 

I lifted my head and nodded.

 

"Join me soon." He said as he left the room.

 

 


 

 

I was walking towards our room about 30 minutes later when I heard Vincent.

 

"No I haven't asked yet . . Why?"

 

He paused.

 

"Um huh sure. Yes I'm going to very soon."

 

Another pause. He must be talking on the phone.

 

"Yes you will be the first to know. I have to go now."

 

He was hanging up as I walked through the door. He had on his glasses and some papers in his hand. As I approached the bed he sat them down on his bedside table.

 

"Its about time. I've been waiting." He said as he took his glasses off and sat them on the papers.

 

I crawled into bed. "Sorry PLL was really good this week."

 

He rolled his eyes. "We are going somewhere Tomorrow night."

 

"How should I dress." I asked wondering what we would be doing.

 

"I will have something waiting for you." He said as he clapped his hands and turned out the lights.

 

"Okay. Goodnight." I tried to snuggle closer to him but he turned his back to me.

 

 


 

 

I woke up to a text from Dani. 'We need to meet asap! I have something very important to tell you'

 

I replied. 'Ok. When and Where?'

 

'Today Lunch at I made it myself'

 

I smiled that is my favorite Mom and Pop restaurant.

 

 


 

 

"Hey Dani." I said as I sat down in the booth. "What's so important that you couldn't tell me on the phone."

 

"I ordered your favorite." She said as I looked at the menu then sat it down.

 

"Thanks. So. . ." I said as I took a sip of my wine and gestured around with my hand.

 

"Well we have picked a date." She said.

 

"Thats fantastic." I exclaimed "When?"

 

"This Spring. In april not too hot not too cold."

 

"Wow Dani thats only 3 months away." I stated like she didn't know how far away that was.

 

"I know." She shrugged her shoulders. "But since we have a planner and everything is practically done it will be ok."

 

I nodded that was true. Dani has had her wedding planned since she was like 18. I don't even know why she hired a planner.

 

"True. What all is left?" I asked.

 

"We need the cake which you are coming cake tasting with me Wednesday."

 

I nodded my head. Like I would miss out on cake.

 

"Lets see the Bridesmaid dresses should be here early next month. . ." She paused. "Umm I have my dress fitting tomorrow. You're coming right?"

 

"Of course. I know that I've already seen it but still."

 

She nodded her head. The waiter came up with the food.

 

"Wow I can't believe you are going to be a married women in 3 months."

 

"Me either but I have some more news and this is even more important than the other."

 

I sat up straight "Okay. Shoot."

 

"I'm. . ." She paused and I could tell she was thinking about not telling me.

 

"Come on Dani you've known me my whole life. Just spit it out." I said nudging her arm.

 

"I'm also going to be a mother in 8 months."

 

I dropped my fork on my plate. It made a sound louder than I thought was possible.

 

"Your kidding right?"

 

She shook her head.

 

"OMG. When did you find out? What are you having? Who else knows?" I gushed as I practically jumped across the booth and started feeling her stomach.

 

"Woah." Dani said while pushing my hand away "Slow down Bre. I found out 2 weeks ago."

 

"And you're just now telling me." I practically yelled.

 

"Obviously. And I can't find out what I'm having for a few more weeks."

 

"Awww." I pouted and reached for her stomach again.

 

"You are the only person that knows and I plan on it staying that way until I tell everyone." Dani made sure to emphasize the 'Until I tell' part.

 

I rolled my eyes "Fine with me. I can't believe I'm going to be an Aunt." I got up and went back to my side of the booth.

 

"Anyways enough about me."

 

Oh Gosh. This can't be good.

 

"Don't think I didn't notice that bruise on your cheek a couple of days ago."

 

I sighed. This is so not the conversation I want to be having.

 

"I know you don't want to be in a relationship with him." she said.

 

"Your wrong I do." I replied.

 

"Bre I know you sometimes better than you know yourself and I know that you are not happy with him."

 

"I am." I crossed my arms over my chest.

 

"No you are not. You never have been, but I'm not going to argue. I am not looking for a fight I'm just here to talk."

 

"Whatever." I replied getting angry but trying to keep it in check.

 

"Alright can I ask you a question? If you answer it truthfully I will never bring this topic up again." she said.

 

I nodded my head.

 

"Can you promise that you will forget about Mom, your anger, and trying to protect Vincent."

 

I nodded my head again. "Promise."

 

"Okay I want you to answer this 100 % truthfully. Forget about everything but how you feel. Deep down inside. I want you to remember that I can tell when you're lying, it's in your eyes. So you have to keep eye contact with me until you have answered."

 

"Kay."

 

"Bre do you truly with everything in you, without a doubt, unconditionally, love Vincent?"

 

Chapter Two by xDangerousLovex
Author's Notes:

This chapter contains sex! 

 

"Yes I do." I automatically replied maybe a little too fast.

 

My sister sighed, shook her head, and gave me a pointed look. "Like I said I'm not going to argue or bring it up again. I know how you feel about him even if you haven't quite figured it out yet. I will always be here for you. Don't feel like you have no one to turn to." She reached over and covered my hand with hers. "Fuck mom and how she feels. When the time is right and you finally see Vincent for who he really is, I will be here." 

 

I sighed. "Dani I know you care about me and only want the best for me, But Vincent and I are fine. Once we get married and start having kids, things will get even better." I pulled my hand back.

 

I watched as a look of disbelief and hurt crossed her face. "I can't believe you just said that."

 

"It's true. He loves me and I love him. All we have to do is make it official now." I crossed my arms over my chest.

 

She scoffed. "Normal people don't show their love by beating the shit out of each other. Bre that's not love that's hate." 

 

"He does not mean to hit me. Sometimes he drinks a little too much, lets the alcohol and his anger get the best of him. It's not his fault I say and do things to make him upset. Plus he always apologizes." I sighed and pulled my phone out of my purse as my text message ringer went off. 

 

"OMG AUBREY. You are trying to make excuses for his wrong. I can't believe you are sitting here defending that piss of shit good for nothing man." Dani practically yelled. "No scratch that he is NOT a man. No real man never EVER puts his hands on a woman."

 

"Hey you said no arguing" I pointed out. I unlocked my phone and saw I had a text from Vincent 'Where are you? Get home NOW' . . . I looked up from my phone and put it in my purse without responding. "I have to go." 

 

"Let me guess The Oh So Demanding Vincent requested your presence?" Dani's voice was dripping with sarcasm. 

 

I rolled my eyes, got up from the booth, and leaned down to kiss her on the cheek. "I love you and I'll text you later." 

 

I pulled out my wallet and threw a 100 dollar bill on the table and starting walking off before she could stop me. 

 

"Bre." Dani called.

 

I paused mid stride and looked over my shoulder.

 

"I'm sorry about bringing up Vincent." She sighed loudly "Just think about everything I said." She replied while getting up and coming over to me. We started walking towards the door. 

 

"I promise you I will, but just trust me on this Dani we really do love each other." I replied while holding the door open for her. 

 

She sighed. "Just remember I just want what's best for you." 

 

I rolled my eyes and stopped myself from telling her I'm not a child anymore. 

 

"Alright. Love You." She said after a few seconds of silence as she leaned in and gave me a quick hug.

 

"I Love you two too." I replied and pointed down at her belly. I pulled my keys out and started walking towards my car. When I reached it I looked over and saw that she was looking at me. "TTYL Dani Bear." 

 

I watched as a bright smile broke out across her face because of me referring to her as her childhood nickname. 

 

"Fasho' Breezy Bre." She chuckled.

 

I laughed and opened the door to my car. With a final wave I slide into my seat and sped off. 

 

 


 

 

"Everything is waiting for you on the bed." Vincent said as soon as I walked into the living room. 

 

I walked over to him and gave him a kiss. "I have to take a shower. I should be down in 45. Is that okay?" 

 

He looked up at me. "Yes just don't take longer than a hour. We can't be late for our plans."

 

"Alright see you in a few then." I turned and went to our room to prepare for whatever Vin has planned. 

 

I actually was ready before my 45 minutes was up. When I walked down the stairs Vincent and Henry were standing in the foyer. 

 

"Wow." I heard Vincent mutter when his eyes landed on me. 

 

When  I reached them Henry bowed and lightly kissed my hand. "You look very beautiful tonight Aubrey." 

 

Vincent sent him a glare and I hit Vins shoulder. "Stop that I told him to call me that and to stop bowing to me." I sent Henry a glare myself. 

 

"Sorry I'm just used to it, It's what I get payed to do." Henry sent me a small apologetic smile. 

 

"Come, lets go. We can not be late." Vin said as he grabbed my hand and we started walking out the door. 

 

 


 

 

I looked out the window and saw that we had arrived at Time Warner Center. I clapped my hands together. "Are we going to Masa?"

 

"Yes." Vincent replied as we stepped out of the car. 

 

Dinner went exceptionally well. When we reached home Vincent quickly got out and rushed over to my door and opened it for me. I climbed out but right when my feet touched the ground I was swooped up and into Vin's arms.

 

"What are you doing." I laughed "Put me down. I can walk." I felt as he shifted his weight and slammed the car door closed with his foot.

 

He looked down at me and grinned but continued to walk towards the house. As we made our way up the porch stairs the door opened to reveal Henry. I quickly said my greetings since Vin made no attempt to slow down. When we reached our room he put me down on my own two feet, right in front of our bed.

 

His lips clashed with mine and then he started kissing me. My eyes closed automatically and I opened up for him when I felt him trace my lips, allowing his tongue to slip in my mouth. The second our tongues met, I let out a whimper, the heat between my legs making its presence known. It has been a few weeks since the last time we had sex. So my hormones are in overdrive right now. 

 

I pulled his shirt out of his pants. I moaned when my hands found their way under his shirt and touched his rock hard stomach. I'm glad he had taken his jacket and tie off in the car. I started to unbutton his shirt as I reached the second button from the top I realized they were already undone so I pushed the shirt off his shoulders.

 

We didn't part the kiss because we were too desperate and greedy to even think about it. His hands began to unzip my dress. When he got it past my breast and down to my hips, I removed my hands from his chest and stepped out of it. With the material now gone I pressed myself closer to him. His fingers began to lightly slide up and down my sides. I moaned when his hands went to my back and slide down to grab my ass. 

 

My fingers began to tug at the bottom of his undershirt. I pulled it up to his chest then broke the kiss so that I could pull it over his head. Vin began to suck and nibble on my throat. I tilted my head to the side to allow him better access. The less material we have between us right now is better. My hands slid down his stomach, as they reached the waistband of his pants I undid his belt, and unzipped his pants. When my fingers grazed over his package I gasped at how hard he already is. I slid the pants down to his ankles and he stepped out of them and kicked them away. 

 

When I raised back up he quickly crashed his lips back into mine. I sighed with contentment, and slid my hands in his boxers. I giggled when I felt him tense up. He threw me on the bed before I could grab his shaft. 

 

"Aww." I pouted. 

 

"You think that's funny do you?" Vincent's voice is filled with lust. Making it have a deep raspy sound. 

 

I nodded my head and opened my mouth to reply but he captured my lips again. I arched my back off the bed when I felt his hands rising up my back. He unclasped my bra, quickly tugged it off, and threw it somewhere around the room. Next to go where my panties, which he practically ripped off of me. 

 

He leaned his head down and captured my nipple in his mouth. I moaned loudly when his tongue started to draw circles. His teeth clamped down on my bud and he started to lightly pull. While his hand came up to message my other breast. 

 

I slipped my hands inside his boxes and lightly ran my hand across his shaft. I felt him shiver on top of me. I grinned and grab ahold of it. I stroked it up and down. I'm not sure how this is possible but Vin got even harder. He pulled my hand out of his boxer shorts and leaned up to kiss me. 

 

"Take them off." I moaned. "I need you inside of me now."

 

I felt Vin smirk and lean away from my face as he pulled his boxers down and kicked them to the floor. Without giving me time to do anything, he grabbed the back of my knees as he parted my thighs, and nestled between them. 

 

I gulped when I felt his tip brushing up and down my entrance slowly. My breath hitched in my throat. He was torturing me. I love foreplay but not when I haven't had sex for a long time. I grabbed his ass and pushed it forward. He made it about a quarter of the way inside me before he stopped. He leaned his head down a bit and I could feel his warm breath across my face. He locked eyes with me and slowly began pushing inside of me. I took a deep breath, my walls squeezed around him and my back arched in response.

 

After what seemed like forever he finally filled me up with all of him inside of me. Just as the last little bit filled me he closed the little bit of space we had by leaning in and placing a fiery kiss on my lips. Soon he was thrusting into me so hard it made my whole body move closer up to the headboard. I grabbed it as sweat began to form on my forehead. I lifted my hips to meet his thrusts. I could feel his ball sack hitting my ass with every thrust. He captured my nipple in his mouth and began licking, sucking, and tugging it. His other hand was holding onto my hip. Soon he switched over to the other nipple. 

 

His breathing was coming out ragged and he was grunting and groaning with each slam of his hips against mine. Whimpering with each loud thud of his thrusts, I clawed at his shoulder blades and slowly ran my fingertips down the curve of his spine, I felt him shiver. I lifted my legs and wrapped them around his waist. I grabbed his ass and pushed him all the way into me. 

 

A loud grunt fell through Vin's lips as he picked up speed, pounding into my core fearlessly. My walls squeezed around him as I started shuddering, my moans and whimpers coming out louder. I closed my eyes as I felt my climax approaching. I can tell Vin is just as close as I am because of the way he is pounding inside of me and shaking. I screamed out his name as my climax took over, waves of passion soaring through my body. With one last hard thrust I felt Vin explode in me. His hot juices filling me up as he collapsed on top of me. 

 

 


 

My phone rang and I quickly answered.

 

"Hi mom." I greeted her.

 

“Hi, honey. Can you meet me and Vin for lunch?” 

 

"No I can't come." I sighed. It wasn't weird to me that she was having lunch with my boyfriend. They tend to do that once in awhile. 

 

"It's Wednesday Dani is cake testing today. I have to show up." 

 

"I totally forgot about that, we can eat out some other time."

 

"I have to go just pulled up to the bakery." 

 

"Bye. I Love You." 

 

I pressed the end button and slide my phone in my purse. I got out of my car and walked to the curb. Just as I reached the door, I turned around, and hit the look button on my keychain.

 

When I entered the cake shop Dani was sitting at a table. "Bout time you get here."

 

I rolled my eyes. "I'm only 5 minutes late. Be happy it wasn't longer."

 

She laughed and a lady in an apron walked out of some doors. 

 

"Oh Danielle I see your guest has arrived. Are you ready?" The lady asked. 

 

"Yes." Dani replied.

 

I vigorously shook my head. "Heck yea lets get this party started." Everyone laughed. I took a seat beside Dani.

 

I spent about an hour in that place. Personally I could live the rest of my life without ever eating a piece of cake again. Okay who am I kidding? Maybe a week. We decided on Dulce De Leche. It is a caramel scented cake filled with creamy caramel custard, caramel buttercream, and caramel whip cream. I decided to leave Dani there because she already knows how she wants it decorated. 

 

 


 

 

(Celebration Dinner)

 

Vincent loved his maroon Gucci suit, that I bought him for tonight. When I saw him walk out of the bathroom with his shirt half way unbuttoned and his tie draped around his neck, I had to do a double take. 

 

He came over to me and wrapped his arms around my naked torso. "Thanks I love it and it fits great." 

 

I looked up and smiled at him. "No problem. I'm glad you like it. I’m about to slip on my dress do you think you can zip it up for me?" 

 

"Of course." He replied as I slipped out of his arms. 

 

About 2 hours later, We were at my parents house. Everyone was seated around the table.

 

I watched as Vincent pushed his chair back from the table and stood up "Everyone can I please have your attention." A quietness soon to over the room. "I have a little speech prepared for Aubrey." He leaned down and pressed a kiss to my forehead. He straightened back up and sent me a reassuring smile. Then he began.

 

"You give me hope

And help me to cope

When life pulls me down

You bring me around

You teach me to care

And help me to share

You make me honest

From you I learned love

It's for you I live

You made me the man I am

And I Thank you" 

 

I felt a few tears run down my cheeks. I have always been a sucker for his words. 

 

Then he kneeled down in front of me. 

 

I shook my head, with wide eyes. Practically begging him with my eyes to get up. To not do what I think he is about to do in front of all these people. 

 

OH MY GOD. THIS CAN NOT BE HAPPENING. 

 

He reached in his suit jacket and pulled out a red cartier box. 

 

YEAP. OKAY THIS IS SO TOTALLY HAPPENING. 

 

He pushed the lid up and turned the box to face me. 

 

"Aubrey you mean everything to me. I can't imagine life without you. Will you marry me?"

 

My mouth dropped open and I looked up and around the table. My mom was practically yelling at me to say yes with her gaze, Dani was looking highly upset and lightly shaking her head no, and Dad was looking shocked. Hmm I think a family talk is much needed. I looked back at mom she looked like if I didn't reply in the next 10 seconds she would say yes for me. I sighed and sent Danielle my best 'I'm Sorry' look. 

 

I looked down at Vincent "Yes I will marry you." 

 

Vincent grabbed my hand and slipped the ring on my hand and kissed me. 

 

The whole table broke out into cheers. 

 

I faintly heard Dani mutter. "I can't believe this shit." 

 

I looked up and saw mom shot her a cold lethal glare. 

 

I sighed and quickly looked down at the table, not wanting to see the look of hurt and betrayal that was clearly written across Danielle's face. 

 

This night can not come to an end soon enough. 

 

 


 

 

Once all of the guest’s had left, I decided to go find my dad. He had not said much all night, only nursed a healthy glass of scotch.  I found him on the balcony that was connected to his office. 

 

I sat down in a chair beside him. I gazed at the star filled sky and the bright full moon. 

 

His smooth voice, broke the silence and I turned to look at him. “Baby girl.” He lightly muttered, “He’s not good for you. Why did you say yes?” 

 

“What do you mean? How is he not good for me, He’s perfect.” 

 

My dad shook his head. “You have been lying to me for years, about your relationship with Vincent. I was stupid enough to just believe it, not question it. You are my little girl, you deserve so much better.” 

 

“What is making you say all of this?” I asked. It was hard to see my father on the verge of tears because of me. For not telling him the truth. I just wish he would tell me what he knows. I know that my mom would never tell my dad and Dani would respect my trust. So what does he know? 

 

“When that man, back in there, got down on one knee and proposed to my little girl without my permission. It opened my eyes. Why do you think I haven't said anything tonight, not even a congratulations. I just sat back, watched and listened. I have been blind for far too long.” 

 

I gasped and looked down at my ring. “He didn't ask for your permission?” I was suddenly getting upset. Anger and hurt mixing together. Who does that? 

 

My father lightly shook his head. “I’m not trying to get you upset on this day, for it is suppose to be a joyous occasion. I just want you to know that I will give you time, but not a lot. I have been in the dark long enough. If you do not come to me soon, I will go to your mother and sister. I for a fact know, they have complete opposite feelings about Vincent. I am going to get down to the bottom of this.” 

 

I nodded my head. “I understand.” I stood up, as did my father. I fell into his embrace and couldn't stop the tears once they started flowing. I wasn't even sure what I was crying about. “I am so sorry daddy.” 

 

He just stood there, comforting his youngest child. God what is going on with his family? When did they start keeping so many secrets from one another? 

 

Maybe she was crying because Vincent didn't ask for her father's approval. Maybe she was crying because she has kept so many things from her father. Hell maybe she was just crying over her life in general. 

 

 


 

 

"Hurry up. You are going to make me late!" Vincent yelled at me. 

 

I sighed. I was taking my time on purpose. Hopefully he will get fed up and go to this party without me. I really need to get some sleep. Since I have been working at the E.R, I barely have any free time. 

 

“Coming. Give me some time. Damn" I muttered, or I thought I had muttered the last word. 

 

"What the fuck did you just say?" He knocked on the bathroom door. 

 

I tried to blow it off. "I am almost done give me 5 minutes. Maybe you should go down and get a drink or something." 

 

I heard his footsteps fade out of the room. I let out a breath, I didn't notice I had been holding. 

 

10 minutes later I found Vincent on the couch drinking his favorite liquor Remy Martin. I sighed, looked over to where Paula was standing and she lightly shook her head. 

 

I walked around to the front of the couch, leaned down, and kissed him. "Ready to go baby?" I did not get much of a reaction from him. 

 

"Its about damn time you came down." He grumbled as he got up got from the couch. 

 

Paula looked at me. "Henry is out front, he is going to drive you. Since Vincent has already started drinking." 

 

I nodded my head. "Thanks." 

 

Vincent grabbed my arm. "Come. You've already made me 15 minutes late." He said as he started pulling me through the foyer.

 

I yanked my arm back. "Let go of me. I'm following you." 

 

He turned around and pushed me up against a wall. "Look,  you are not going to be acting like this once we arrive at this party. It is very important for me and you are going to be on your best behavior." 

 

I scoffed and crossed my arms tightly over my chest. 

 

He glared at me "Do you understand me." 

 

I ground my teeth together. "Don't talk to me like a dog." 

 

In a flash his hands were around my neck. "I will stop treating you like a dog, when you start acting like a lady." 

 

I coughed and tried to pry his hands away from my neck. 

 

"I believe I asked you a question, did you understand what I just said?" He growled at me. 

 

It was getting harder for me to breathe so I decided to agree with him. I nodded my head. 

 

He dropped his hands away from my neck, turned and stalked out of the house. With his feet stomping loudly on the marble floors.

 

When I walked outside Vincent was slamming the car door closed. 

 

Henry walked over to me. "He's sure in a pissy mood this evening." 

 

I lightly laughed. "I said some things that made him mad."

 

Henry looked at the smile on face and smiled himself. "He will be a fool if he ever lets you go." He looked back at the car and then to me. 

 

I sighed. "Yes well, he doesn't think like you." 

 

"Excuse me Aubrey, but if he treated me like he does you," He leaned in closer to me. "I would have left him and never looked back a long time ago." 

 

I sighed again. "We better get going before he gets even angrier." 

 

"Yes your right." Henry opened the car door for me, as I leaned down to get in he whispered. "Please don't take offense to anything I said Ma'am." 

 

I laughed and patted his arm. "No worries. I have been hearing things like that quite a lot lately." 

 

"Can we go." Vincent paused as he took a sip of some brown liquor that was resting in his clear glass. "NOW." He practically yelled. 

 

We arrived to a night club 20 minutes later. Vincent grabbed my arm and rushed off up some stairs practically in the middle of the club. 

 

"Sorry I'm late. This pretty little lady over here decided to take her time getting ready." Vincent said once we reached his destination, V.I.P. 

 

"No problem." One of the guys said.

 

"I'm glad she did." Said another while he practically undressed me with his eyes. 

 

 


 

 

I pulled my phone out of my purse and pushed a button on the top 1:15 am flashed across the screen. I sighed we were still at the club some place I wish I wasn't. I was sitting beside Vincent on the couch as he talked to some sponsors from his job. I wasn't really listening to their conversation. To be honest I am getting pretty sleepy. I would much rather be home or somewhere talking to people I actually know. 

 

A yawn slipped from my lips and Vincent squeezed my hip tight.

 

"Are you alright Aubrey?" he asked. 

 

"Um Huh." I nodded my head. I could see the warning clearly written in his eyes.

 

One of the guys he was talking to spoke. "Long nights." He said and then sent me a wink. It was the same guy that starred at me when he first saw me.  The one that practically undressed me with his stare. He gives me the creeps. 

 

The other guy laughed and agreed. 

 

"Would you like to dance?" Vincent asked.

 

"Of Course." I replied.

 

He grabbed my arm and pulled me close, once we reached the dance floor.

 

"Why do you like to embarrass me so much?"

 

I wasn't sure what was so embarrassing about a yawn so I decided to agree. "I'm sorry Vincent. It's just that I'm really tired. Do you think we can go home soon?" 

 

"No." He practically yelled making me flinch. "You leave when I tell you that you can, and I am not done talking to my associates." 

 

I sighed suddenly feeling more tired than before. I need some sleep. "How come you can't just let me go and you stay. I can have Henry drop me off  and come back here to wait for you before you can even blink an eye."

 

His hold tightened on my hips. He lowered his lips to my ear "I said NO already. Keep trying to disobey me and there will be consequences."

 

I tried to pull back from him but he wouldn't let me get far. "Oh yea when? When we get home. Why can't you just do it here?"

 

His hold tightened some more and from the pressure I'm feeling, I will have bruises. I saw the anger and rage flash across his face before he hid it. His jaw was tightly shut and I saw him clench his teeth together hard. I knew I should've stopped there but I was very sleep deprived so I wasn't clearly thinking. 

 

"You will not do it, because you don't want all these people to see who you really are." I looked over his shoulder to see a few people from our section watching me. He twirled me and brought me back in close. 

 

He was silent the rest of the dance. I know that what I said will not go away without him correcting me about it. 

 

We went back to the table after the song ended. He continued to talk and drink until around 2:45 am. Some of the guys had already left.

 

"Lets go." Vincent said to me and quickly yanked me up. It was the first words he has said to me since our dance. 

 

 


 

 

I arrived to work a little early. So I decided to hang out in the locker room for a little while. I pulled my phone out and decided to play words with friends. Dani was on so I knew I would be playing a very interesting game. 

 

I was in the middle of laughing at a word she got away with spelling when the door opened and in walked the most gorgeous breath taking guy I have ever laid eyes on. 

 

He is tall probably 6'4. The bottom half of his face is covered in short very light brown facial hair. His lips are a very soft pink. I couldn't see his eyes because he was wearing a hoodie, and looking down at his phone. I was in a corner so he hasn't seen me yet. I watched as he walked through the room and pushed his hood down. The hair covering his head makes me just want to run my hands through it. His hair is a little darker brown than his facial hair. His hair is styled in a very sexy way. It comes up and slightly out in the front and the sides are laying flat against his head. He opened up what I assume is his locker and pulls off his jacket. 

 

My mouth dropped open at what I saw. The way his basic v-neck t shirt fits him should be a sin. It clings to and exposes his broad shoulders and huge biceps. He reached into his locker, hung up his jacket and pulled out his lab coat. My mouth watered when I saw the way his muscles in his back moved. Before he put on his lab coat, I saw him slip a beeper on his hip. Just when I started admiring the way his butt looks in his abercrombie jeans, my phone which I had totally forgotten about decides to go off. Before I could turn and compose myself, his head quickly whips around towards my direction. 

 

My breath was taken away when his eyes, the purest green I have ever seen enveloped me. I was pulled into them. The phone in my hand was quickly forgotten about. 

 

His lips turned up into a very sexy smirk. "Did I just catch you checking me out?"  

 

My eyes grew wide when his voice reached my ears. It is deep and smooth, and Oh My Gosh his French accent is to die for.  

 

Get a grip Aubrey, you have a boyfriend. You should not be thinking these thoughts right now. I chastised myself. 

 

I quickly recovered "Yea you did." I replied and laughed lightly. Hoping that a awkward silence doesn't settle around us.

 

Something in his eyes changed when he heard me speak. He started walking towards me. "Are you new because I've never seen you around before." 

 

I nodded my head and opened my mouth to reply but then my alarm on my phone went off. Letting me know that it is time to clock in. 

 

I stood up and saw his eyes quickly run over me. They lingered a little too long on my breast and scrub clad legs. "It was nice to met you but I have to go." 

 

He nodded his head. "My names Chase, and yours is?"

 

"Aubrey." I replied as I walked around him and grabbed my lab coat off the bench. 

 

When I reached the door I heard his voice close behind me. "Hope to see you around Aubrey." 

 

I looked back and saw him clearly checking me out. His lips are turned up into that sexy smirk again. 

 

"Me too." I replied then walked out of the room. 

 

Chapter Three by xDangerousLovex

 

"Aubrey" Dr. Bernhardt greeted me as I arrived at the nurses station. "I thought you were going to be late and as you know that would not look good."

 

"Good morning Dr. Bernhardt . I'm sorry I got a little caught up and time passed by quickly." I picked up my patients charts and decided to skim them before I started my rounds.

 

He nodded his head. "It's not a problem. We have not been busy today especially since Dr.Lamon is here. It is his first day back from his vacation."

 

I nodded my head and sat the patients charts back down after I reviewed what happened during the night. "That's good." I looked down at my watch. "I guess I better get going. Room 247 has had a spike in her bp."

 

He nodded his head. "Very well. Find me when you are done so we can go over your patients charts."

 

I smiled up at him. "Okay see you in about an hour."

 

For about a week now Dr.Bernhardt  has been letting me handle the 'easy' patients. He says that he trust me and that he has never met a new resident that knows as much as I do. He never EVER lets me make decisions without his consent. All I do is talk to the patients and find out what they need.

 

I was happy to have some breathing room. I hated having him watch every move I made. It's like every time I had to make a decision he was there breathing down my neck. So far I have not made any mistakes and I plan on it staying that way, but I know in my line of work mistakes are bound to happen. Too bad mine are really life or death. Dr.Bernhardt basically gives me freedom to treat the patients how I feel is right. He usually comes in shortly after me and asks my patients a few questions and goes over their charts.

 

 


 

 

My morning rounds went by rather quickly. My patients are easy since I'm not allowed to get difficult patients. They were mainly admitted for headaches,fevers,rash etc. Most of them will likely be discharged by the end of the day.

 

I closed the room to my last patient that needed to be seen this morning, I sighed and starting making my way to the nurses station on my floor.

 

As I turned the corner I saw Dr.Bernhardt who was facing me talking to a very tall figure. Dr. Bernhardt saw me coming so he smiled as his eyes met mine and opened his mouth to speak. At that moment the figure whose back was facing me turned around.

 

As my eyes rose upward to meet his gaze my breath caught in my throat and I quite walking. I'm also pretty sure my mouth fell open. I regained my composure once I saw that sexy smirk cross his lips. I slowly began to make my way over to where the men were standing.

 

Dr.Bernhardt cleared his throat. "Aubrey this is Dr. Lamon. Chase this is Dr. Hamilton."

 

Chase held out his hand for me to shake. "Yea we already met Dr.B."

 

I shook his hand.

 

"Well I'm glad you have met each other." Dr. Bernhardt turned back to Chase. "This is the young lady, I was telling you about."

 

I looked back and forth between the two. I'm sure I looked confused. What was he talking about?

 

Dr. Bernhardt laughed lightly. "Aubrey as you know I have a few other new Residencies on my hand at the moment and none of them are as smart or adapted to this as you. You have not done anything wrong. You have been by far the smartest Resident I have dealt with in a very long time. These past 2 months have been a real pleasure. "

 

I nodded my head. He had told me this and more the day when he came to me and told me I could start seeing a few patients on my own.

 

"Right so as of today, Since Dr.Lamon is back you will know be answering to him. I have informed him of our agreement we made but he has the right to change it, since you are no longer my Resident." 

 

I groaned internally but simply nodded my head. My job just turned out to be a lot harder. "Okay." I locked eyes with Chase. "It will be a pleasure to accompany you."

 

His sexy smirk was back in place, on his amazingly beautiful face. "The pleasure is all mine."

 

Dr. Bernhardt pager went off so he excused himself. I watched as he walked over to the nurses station and picked up the phone.

 

When I turned back around Chase was checking me out AGAIN and not even trying to hide it.

 

I shook my head.

 

His eyes quickly snapped up to my face.

 

"I have finished my rounds. Dr.Bernhardt usually waits about 30 minutes and then goes and checks up on them himself."

 

"What type of patients do you have today and how many?" Chase asked.

 

"As of right now I have 5. They are pretty basic. Nausea, Extremely high BP, Fever, Rash, and 1 Pregnant women who is having braxton hicks."

 

He nodded his head. "Okay I will go check on them later. Dr.B is one of the best doctors I have met so I trust him when he says you can handle a few lightweight patients on your own."

 

I laughed at his term for 'easy' patients.

 

"I will decide who you can handle from now on."

 

I nodded my head. "Sure. Whatever you say Dr. Lamon."

 

Something in his eyes changed when I said his name.

 

He shook his head. "I will have none of that. I am not old. You can call me Chase."

 

"Okay I understand. You can call me Aubrey or Dr. Hamilton either one." I shrugged my shoulders. "It doesn't matter to me."

 

"I haven't started my rounds yet. I've been busy catching up. So I will be expecting you to follow me around and take some notes."

 

"Of course," I automatically replied and my eyes lit up. "I can use all the knowledge I can get."

 

This is going to be a lot harder than I thought. How the hell am I supposed to concentrate on patients when the only thing I can concentrate on is how sexy the man is?

 

 


 

 

Chase's rounds went by rather slowly. It was very interesting watching him deal with his patients. I few times I got lost in just watching him work it helped pass the time. I was caught every time by him, he would plaster his sexy smirk across his lips, I would blush and quickly look away.

 

"Do you want to go get some lunch?" Chase asked as I was walking towards the elevator.

 

I looked down at my watch. It was 12:30. "Sure.I'm actually very hungry."

 

He nodded his head. "Good. It will give us some time to get to know one another."

 

Just then the elevator doors dinged open and we got on. Chase pressed the cafeteria button. 

 

Roughly 5 minutes later we were standing in the cafeteria.

 

"Where would you like to go?"Chase asked me, while twirling his arms around in front of us, gesturing to all of the food places. 

 

"Umm." I looked around. "Subway!" I exclaimed.

 

After we received our food he found us a booth in a corner. I raised my eyebrow but chose to not comment on his choice.

 

I sat down and looked up only to see Chase staring at me. When our eyes locked it's like he wasn't just looking at me, he was looking through me. Through all the pain and happiness inside me. It was a very uneasy feeling but for some reason his green eyes held me captive. I'm sure we stayed like that for at least 5 minutes. My phone went off but I still couldn't look away.

 

I cleared my throat and quickly looked down.

 

"So," He started as I pulled my phone out from my pocket. "where are you from?"

 

"New York." I replied, not looking up from my phone.

 

"Have you lived here your whole life?" Chase asked.

 

I nodded my head and quickly replied to a few texts.

 

"How old are you?"

 

I looked up at him. "24." I sat my phone down on the table knowing that Kelsie (my best friend) would reply back super fast.

 

He nodded his head and I watched as his eyes flashed down to my hand. "You're married?" He scoffed. I swear his voice sounded like it had a bit of disgust in it.

 

I shook my head. "No. I just got engaged about a two months ago."

 

He seemed to take this information in. "What is he like?"

 

I laughed. "What's this 21 questions?"

 

Chase chuckled and picked up his own sub. "No I just want to know more about you. Since we are going to be partners for a while."

 

"Your right." I looked down at the table as my phone went off again.

 

"You can ask me questions now." Chase said just before he took a huge bite of his sub again.

 

I decided to ask him the same questions he asked me. "Your French." I guessed because of his accent.

 

He nodded his head and swallowed the food in his mouth. "Yes my father was born and raised in France. He came to the states on business and met my mother and as they say the rest is history."

 

"How old are you?"

 

"28." He replied.

 

I looked down at his hand. I threw my hand up to my mouth and faked horror. "OMG You're single." I scoffed and added a hint of shock to my voice and features.

 

His lips turned up into a full on smile and then he erupted into laughter. I chuckled at the beautiful sound. His laugh was so loud that a few tables turned to look our way. I just held my hands up and shrugged. By the time he was done laughing he was clutching his sides and a single tear ran down his cheek.

 

"Come on it was not THAT funny." I said once he had his breathing under control.

 

He wiped his eyes and straightened back up. "Yes it was. You should have seen your face." He paused as a few more chuckles escaped his lips. "And the hand." He pointed. "That's what did it for me."

 

I shrugged my shoulders and pulled my icee to my face and took a few sips.

 

"To answer your question, Yes I am single. I don't do well with relationships." He sighed and relaxed back into the booth.

 

"You look like one of those guys."

 

"What's that suppose to mean?" Chase asked.

 

"That you just like to have sex. You probably forget their name and what they look like the next day. You can't commit to a single person, you're scared."

 

He shook his head. "I love sex but thats not it. I just have not found somebody worth my time and commitment yet." He shrugged his shoulders.

 

I snorted and picked up my phone just as Vin was calling me.

 

I laughed lightly. "Hello."

 

"When will you be home?" He snapped out.

 

I sighed. "I'm not sure yet."

 

"What the fuck do you mean? ‘You're not sure yet’?"

 

I glanced over at Chase only to find out that he was watching my face intently. No doubt trying to hear my conversation and watch my reactions. I leaned farther into the booth.

 

"It's only lunchtime." I sighed again. "It has been very slow. So I shouldn't be too late."

 

"I'm getting really fucking tired of these late nights."

 

I ground my teeth together. "Yeah well I gotta go. My pager is going off."

 

'Click'

 

I sighed and pushed my phone in my lab coat pocket. My eyes met with Chase’s, his arms crossed over his very wide chest.

 

"You don't have to put up with that . . ."

 

I held my hand up to stop him. "Look lets just forget about what you think you heard. Nothing's wrong I'm fine."

 

He shook his head. "I know I just met you but you seem like a really sweet person. No one should be talking to you like that.

 

"Exactly you just met me and you have yet to met my fiance so please do not try and give me advice for my relationship." I snapped at him.

 

I cringed when I realized how harsh my voice sounded. "Look I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sound like that. I just had a rough night last night."

 

Chase nodded his head. "It's okay, not a big deal and I need to learn how to mind my own business."

 

"Thanks." I replied and sent him a bright smile that showed my 1 dimple in my right cheek.

 

I opened my mouth to say something else but then my pager went off. For real this time.

 

 


 

 

What the hell is going on with me? I have never thought of kissing someone other than Vincent. Then this guy comes along and within in the first 24 hours of knowing him my body is already trying to kiss him. I say my body because my mind wasn't thinking about kissing him. Was it?

 

I sighed aloud and made my way to my car in the parking garage.

 

I need to get my mind back on track. I can not let myself ruin the good life I have ahead of me with Vincent. I will not allow my body to have what it wants. It will cause me to ruin my future. I mean what pulls me to this guy, Chase? I'm not quite sure. I have never EVER tried to kiss a guy I've only known for less than a day. Plus he is white. I'm not racist at all. I love my white and black side. I just have never dated a white guy. None have ever seemed to be interested in me and I've never been interested in one up until today that is.

 

When I reached my car I quickly unlocked it, threw my bags in the passenger's seat, and started it. I began to make my way home.

 

I'm going to have to be very careful with my body language around Chase. He is my boss well basically. Sure he is still doing his Residency but he is one damn good doctor. So I will have to have some form of a relationship with him. Especially since we will be working together for at least 4 years. Hopefully we will be able to become friends. He is a really nice guy besides his cockyness.

I smiled to myself when his sexy smirk that he wore practically all day today made its way into my head.

 

I shook my head. Stop that you don't need to be thinking about how good your boss looks. Our relationship is going to stay strictly professional. If he thinks other wise I will be quick to inform him, how very wrong he is.

 

 


 

 

Once I made it home it was around 6am. Vin was sitting on our bed putting on his shoes.

 

"Hi." I breathed as I bent down to give him a kiss.

 

He pulled away before my lips touched his so I straightened up quickly. "You have been at a disgusting hospital for the past day and half. DO NOT come and try to touch me when you have been touching only god knows what."

 

I sighed and looked down at myself. I had taken a shower at the hospital, but in a sense I guess I am dirty. "I'm sorry you're right I should take a shower first."

 

He scoffed and shot up from the bed. I took an involuntary step back. "I am getting sick and fucking tired of this." He raised his hand and slapped my cheek. I knew better than to move or utter a word so I just stood there. "What the hell is going on?" His voice was rising with every word.

 

I looked up at him. "What are you talking about?" I whispered.

 

"I'm fucking tired of you coming and going at inappropriate times." Vincent was getting angrier with every passing second. "You are going to start working a normal schedule from now on. I WILL NOT tolerate this." I saw him clench his jaw and grind his teeth.

 

I simply nodded not knowing how to reply.

 

"My future wife and mother of my kids will not be living this life where she is never home and working early mornings and late nights, sometimes never coming home. It makes me wonder is you are gallivanting with some other guy."

 

Before I could reply Henry knocked on the door. "Your car is now ready." He called through the door.

 

 


 

 

Later that day around lunch time my mother called me wanting to meet up and have lunch so I called Vin to let him know. Even though he is not home he would get highly upset with me if I did not call him and tell him my plans.

 

"Hi Mom." I said and leaned down to give her a kiss on the cheek.

 

She looked up at me and smiled. "How have you been sweetie?" She asked me once the waiter had disappeared.

 

"I've been okay. Work has been going really good." I took a sip of my wine.

 

"Yes work. I have heard some interesting things concerning you and your job." Mom sat her phone down and looked at me.

 

"And what are they?" I asked.

 

"That it has been causing some problems between you and Vincent."

 

I groaned and sat back in my chair. Vin always goes to my mom when he has a problem with me, because she is the only one in my family that supports our relationship. He also thinks that she can keep me in line. 

 

"Look mom I am a doctor. I work at a Hospital. I stay as long as they need me. I save lives. I'm not going to turn down a patient that could possibly die because my 'fiance' says I need to come home."

 

My mother sighed. "Yes I know that Aubrey but you need to compromise. You have a wedding to start planning and then shortly after that you have a family to start building."

 

I sighed also, as I opened my mouth to speak I felt a hand rest on my shoulder, and I looked up to see Vincent smiling down at me.

 

"Hi Honey." Vincent said as he took the seat next to me.

 

"Hey we were just talking about you." I took another sip of my wine. This was a set up! I wanted to bring it up but if I did I would have to deal with his rage later.

 

Vin grabbed my hand and threaded our fingers together. "Only good things I hope."

 

"Ah yes of course." My mother said. I looked up at her to notice that she was smiling at Vincent. 

 

"I'm glad you could make it this afternoon. It feels like I haven't seen the two of you together in a long time."

 

I plastered on a fake smile. This was not going to end well. They always have these 'interventions' with me when they both feel like I am out of line and need to stop whatever it is that I am doing that they agree with.

 

I picked up my glass and downed the wine that was left in one gulp. I waved the server over and he refilled my drink. I drank about half of the glass.

 

I faintly could hear Vin and my mom carrying on a conversation. I wasn't paying them any attention. 

 

I sat there at our table in a daze. The wine that was now floating through my body was making me feel very relaxed.

 

Vin squeezed my thigh rather harshly. I looked up and saw that he and my mom were both staring at me like I developed 2 heads. I quickly snapped out of the trance my mind had gone into when I saw the look in Vin's eyes.

 

I cleared my throat. "I'm sorry what did you say?" I asked to no one in particular.

 

Vin's hand squeezed my leg even harder. "Your mom was asking when are we going to get married."

 

I sat up straighter. "Um I haven't really picked a date yet."

 

I think mom's jaw hit the table and made an audible pop. "And why the hell not! Damn it Aubrey you are not getting any younger."

 

I looked over to Vin only to see him smirking.

 

"I know this mom. I just need some more time." I said as I took another sip of my wine. Lord knows I need a whole bottle having to deal with Vin and Mom in the same room.

 

This irritated my mother. "Time for what exactly? You have known each other for 6 years now. What are you. waiting for?"

 

I sighed not wanting to have this conversation. I finished off my glass before I answered. "I'm not sure. All I know is that I want it to feel right."

 

She looked at me and raised an eyebrow. "Aubrey. You would like for what to feel right?"

 

"Everything." I whispered. 

 

No one heard my reply. The waiter had just come over to the table and everyone began to place their orders. My mind simply wandered back into it’s daydream state, once the waiter left. 

 

End Notes:

Not many chapters left to go & Vin will be gone. For a while ;) 

Chapter Four by xDangerousLovex

 

I groaned as I looked down at my phone. 'Dead Battery, Your phone is now powering off' great! Just what I need. I looked over to my watch and saw that it was 2:15am. Vincent is going to be really upset when I arrive home this late and with a dead phone.

 

I walked into the locker room, took my lab coat off and hung it up on the rack, next was my stethoscope, then I grabbed my purse, and made my way to the parking garage.

 

I found my car and made my way over to it. I stopped in my tracks when I saw Chase at a BMW that was parked right beside mine. I yawned and clicked the unlock button on my key chain. As I arrived closer I saw that he was sitting in the driver seat with his left foot hanging out. I saw him press his start button a few times but nothing happened.

 

I called out to him. "Hey. Something wrong?"

 

He looked up from the steering wheel and a smile quickly found a place on his face when he spotted me. "Kind of. My brothers car will not start."

 

I nodded my head. "Yea I noticed that. Is someone coming to pick you up?"

 

Chase sighed. "I haven't called anyone yet."

 

I looked over to my car. "I can give you a ride. It's raining outside and getting a little cooler."

 

He shook his head. "No you don't have to give me a ride."

 

I walked all the way up to his car. "I know but I want to, plus you would give me one."

 

"Alright." He stepped out of the car. "Let me just lock up."

 

"How long have you been out here?" I asked as he closed his car door.

 

"Not long. Like 2 minutes." He shrugged his shoulders. "So where are you parked."

 

"On the other side of you." We walked to the end of his car and I slid my keys back in my purse.

 

Chase’s steps faltered for a minute when his eyes landed on my car. "No way you have a Ashton Martin One-77!" He practically yelled. Which I'm still not sure if that was a question or just a statement.

 

I shrugged my shoulders. "Yea. I love fast cars."

 

Chase practically ran to the drivers side and started looking around. "Hmm well I didn't see that 

one coming."

 

"What?" I asked as I walked up behind him.

 

He turned his head to look at me. "You driving fast cars."

 

"Oh yea. Well what did you picture me driving?" I asked him as I leaned on the car.

 

"Um a bug, maybe a sporty BMW or Benz."

 

I laughed really loud at that. "Yeah right. Okay a bug. Really? Maybe if I was 16." I looked down at my watch and then back up to Chase who was still practically raping my car with his eyes and hands.

 

"You can drive it, if you would like." I yawned, walked over to the passenger side and hoped in.

 

Chase leaned in the car with a very shocked expression on his face. "Are you serious?"

 

"Yes. I have actually never ridden in the passenger seat before. Vincent doesn't like fast cars so he never drives my cars and plus he never really drives anywhere himself either. I also have no idea where you live."

 

Chase had a grin that stretched from ear to ear when he slid down into the driver's seat. "Hmm he never drives your cars." He quoted me. "Exactly how many 'fast' cars do you have?"

 

I leaned my head back. "Um I have a Lamborghini, a McLaren Spider, and this."

 

"Wow. You are a little speed demon." Chase looked at me shortly then back to the road.

 

I shrugged my shoulders. "What can I say, I have this need for strong and fast things." Once that statement was out of my mouth and I saw that sexy smirk make its way across Chase’s face, I noticed how perverted that comment sounded. Thank god he chose to not comment on it. 

 

“Need for speed.” Chase glanced at me and chuckled. "This is one awesome car. I've always wanted to drive one."

 

I nodded my head. "This and my spider are  my favorite."

 

"It should be isn't this like a 1.4 million dollar car?" Chase asked as he turned down a familiar street.

 

I nodded my head and looked out of the passenger window as we passed my parents street. "Is this a joke?" I asked.

 

"What do you mean?" He looked at me out the corner of his eye.

 

"Do you live in this neighborhood?" I watched as we arrived at a gate and he pressed a few buttons.

 

Chase turned his head to look at me as the gate started to open. "Yes I live in this neighborhood."

 

"Oh." I wasn't sure what to say. How come I've never met him before? Everyone in this neighborhood knows each other. “My parents stay in this neighborhood.” 

 

"Where do your parents stay?"  Chase asked as he started driving down the paved driveway.

 

I slung my head to the side. "Up there on the hill." Chase came to stop at the front of the house. I opened the car door and got out.

 

Chase met up with me at the back of my car. "So George Hamilton is your father?"

 

I nodded my head. "Yep and Brianna is my mom."

 

"Of course I should have known with your last name and your taste in cars." He crossed his arms 

over his chest and leaned back on my trunk.

 

"So how do you know my parents?" I asked.

 

"My father does business with your father."

 

“Ah, of course.” I nodded my head that was easily believable. My father does business with just about every rich person in New York. "Have you always lived here?"

 

"No this is my grandparents house, for when they came to visit us here. Which was quite often when we were younger. They live here in the states now with us. So instead of forcing them to leave their home and move in with u,s my parents decided to keep their house."

 

"Do you live here?" I looked up at the house that looks familiar and then back to him.

 

"For now. Just until my home is finished."

 

I nodded my head. “So what did your parents do with their home?” I asked,  just as another yawn escaped my lips.

 

"My brother lives there, You better get going. I wouldn't want you to fall asleep while driving."

 

I yawned again. "Yea your right. See you tomorrow."

 

I got in my car and waved goodbye. As I pulled out of the driveway I looked in my rearview and watched as he waived, turned around and started walking up the stairs.

 

 


 

 

" When I lost faith

You believed in me

When I stumbled

You were right there

For every act of love you've done

I owe you one "

 

I was pulling on my favorite true religion jeans when my phone began ringing. From the ringtone that was blasting out of my speakers I already know who is calling me. I plopped down on the bed and stretched, so I could blindly search for my Iphone on my bedside table. The be is too large  for me to see over. Finally I felt my fingertips graze over it. I quickly grabbed my phone, and tapped the answer button just as the ringtone started to end, and put it against my ear.

 

"Hello beautiful." Dani sang out before I could say anything.

 

I wedged the phone between my shoulder and ear. "What's up? How's my niece doing?" I pulled my jeans up and buttoned them as I walked back into my closet.

 

"Nephew." My sister light coughed on the other end as if she was trying to disguise the word.

 

"Psh Whatever. You know you are carrying my niece in that little tummy of yours." I chuckled, as I put the phone on speaker and sat it down on the island in the middle of my closet.

 

"Actually that's what I'm calling you about."

 

"Are you okay?" I asked as I pulled on a matching tee. Today was one of my rare days off and I plan on enjoying it.

 

"Yeah I'm beyond okay." Dani said sounding really excited.

 

"Spill." I said as I slipped on some comfy flip flops. I picked the phone up and clicked the speakerphone button to disable it.

 

"Well I have an appointment today and at the appointment I find out what I'm having." Now Dani just sounded anxious.

 

"Yayyy." I yelled.

 

"So would you like to come with me?"

 

"Of course!" I screamed. "Seems like we get to see that I'm right sooner rather than later."

 

Dani giggled. "Yeah the appointment is at 11:15."

 

I pulled the phone away from my ear to quickly glance at the time, 10:11 am. "Okay I'm on my way to pick you up now."

 

I heard her sigh.. "Bre you don't have to do that, I know you're still home and my house is way out of the way. I can just meet you there."

 

"Nonsense." I said as grabbed my purse and made my way down stairs. "I'm already in the car." I picked up a random set of keys off of the hooks and made my way to the garag

 

"Well since you insist. I guess it’s a good thing because Andrew left for LA last night on business."

 

I clicked the unlock button and grinned when I saw the lights to my spider flash.

 

"This is perfect we haven't spent time one on one in a long time. We can get lunch and go shopping after we find out what you are having."

 

I heard Dani laugh. "Yeah that's right you have been waiting a long time to shop for your nephew."

 

I groaned as I began to drive down the driveway. "Niece." I corrected. "Dani I will be there in 20."

 

"Okay see you soon." I heard her click and end the phone call.

 

I smiled as I tossed my phone in my lap and began to speed as quickly as I could through the busy streets of NY. I can't wait to find out that I have been right all this time. Ever since Dani told me she was expecting I have been saying it's a girl. I'm excited that Dani asked me to attend this. It makes my heart warm at the thought.

 

 


 

 

"Ha!" I exclaimed as me and Dani made our way to the car. "I told you so!."

 

Dani huffed as she opened the passenger door.. "Yea yea yea."

 

I smiled and slide into the driver's seat. "We have got to make copies of the sonogram pictures."

 

"Yes you're right I know a few people that would like to have them."

 

I nodded my head and backed out of the parking spot.

 

 



 

 

"Oh my gosh Bre! You went way overboard." Dani said as we made our way to the car to drop of bags for the 3rd time.

 

I shrugged my shoulders. "No I haven't. Babies need a lot of things."

 

"Yes but can you possibly think she will wear all of these clothes before she outgrows them?" Dani said as she pushed bags around in the trunk to make room for the bags we are carrying.

 

"Umm let me think. . . Yes I sure do that's why I bought different sizes all the way up to 12 months." 

 

I grabbed the bags from her and threw them in the trunk and slammed it closed.

 

We made our way to our doors and got in. Dani rubbed her belly when she sat down.

 

"Your aunt is crazy. You are not even halfway into this world and she is already spoiling you." I watched as Dani shook her head and looked at me.

 

"Hey this is my first niece. It is my personal duty to make sure she wants for nothing."

 

Dani sighed. I know she is thinking of the small argument we got in when she tried to pay for a few things. I simply scoffed and pushed her money away.

 

"Yes and you are doing an amazing job of that."

 

I quickly glanced at my watch 5:25 pm. I sighed. "I would love to take you out to eat but I have plans with Kelsie tonight and I'm assuming since you are carrying my niece you will not like to attend."

 

I watched as Dani shook her head vigorously and a look of horror made its way onto her face. I laughed at her expression. "No thank you. When you two get together the world stops turning. Complete chaos."

 

I couldn't stop laughing. "Come on D. We are not that bad anymore."

 

Dani looked at me as if I was dumb.

 

Once I could breathe again I said. "We have grown up SOME but you are right."

 

"Thats what I thought. So you can just drop me off at Ma's house."

 

I cut my eyes in her direction. "You sure about that?"

 

Dani nodded her head. "She would love to know that I am carrying her granddaughter. Plus we need to talk."

 

"You are right about that." I said as I turned down the street that leads to her house.

 

"I will get Mrs.Paula to drop the stuff off to your house sometime later." I said to Dani as she got out of the car.

 

"Okay, love you."

 

"I love you and my niece very much."

 

Dani shook her head and smiled. "You are going to say that every chance you get aren't you?" It was more of a statement than a question.

 

"You know me oh so well." I said and winked at Dani as she closed the car door.

 

 


 

 

“I do not agree with this!” Vin was angry, he was pacing our bedroom. 

 

I sighed and walked out of the closet. “Vin I work everyday. I barely have a day to myself. You know this.”

 

“Exactly! You should be spending time with your fiance not that bitch Kelsie.” He said.

 

“Kelsie is not a bitch! I do not appreciate you talking about her in such ways. Plus when I am not working I am with you!”

 

I yelled and walked into the closet. I slipped my dress on and began to look for my Louboutins that match my dress perfectly. I swear I was looking for the shoes for at least 5 minutes. I finally found them on the floor not in their cubby. I beamed with glee and slipped them on.

 

“You are not wearing that tight short shit!” Vin yelled at me as soon as I exited my closet.

 

I scoffed and looked down at my bandage style dress that reached my knees. “I admit this is a tight dress but it is not short.”

 

Vin got off the bed and walked towards me. “Take it off NOW. Look at all the skin it’s showing” I could practically feel the anger in him rise because of my defiance.

 

Even though my dress did have side cutouts and criss crossed in the back I decided to not back down.

 

I raised my head and jutted my chin out. “I am not 16, You can NOT tell me what to wear. I feel comfortable in this.”

 

“Yeah well, your fiance is not comfortable with you wearing that.” Vin pointed at my body, He kept walking towards me until he was practically pressed into me. “I am not asking I am telling you that you WILL take that dress off unless you would like for me to accompany you tonight.”

 

I sighed but did not back down. I looked at him never breaking the eye contact. I opened my mouth to reply but the door suddenly swung open. Vin made no move to step away or look back and see who had just entered our room.

 

“Aubreyyy.” Kelsie’s voice screeched out. “You look sexayyy”

 

I peaked around his shoulder and saw Kelsie sit on the bed. I smiled at her and looked back to Vin.

 

“Give up already Romeo. Back up and let her leave with me.” Kelsie stated as she began to examine her nails.

 

I could clearly see the agitation in his  eyes before he quickly snapped his head in Kelsie’s direction. He hated the nickname Kelsie assigned him so many years ago. I think it’s because he is no romeo whatsoever and I am no juliet. To be honest I don't think he has 2 romantic bones in his body

 

“What are you doing here in my room?” Vin snarled. “Get the fuck off of my bed.”

 

Kelsie laughed. “Not until you let Bre leave with me.”

 

I shook my head, she knows just how to get under his skin more than I do.

 

“I’m holding her hostage until she changes.” He looked back at me. “I will not allow my future wife to go about town dressed like a whore.”

 

“I’m not changing.” I crossed my arms over my chest and glanced at kelsie.

 

She hopped off the bed and made her way towards us. “Look Romeo.” she popped her gum. “I am not going to let any harm come to Aubrey.”

 

Vincent’s took his eyes away from me and ran them over Kelsie’s body. He scuffed, then turned back to me and did the same.

 

“I wasn't going to let her go dressed how she is but now that I have seen you. At least she shows a little class.”

 

“Ouch.” Kelsie said as she feigned hurt. “Look at this body I need to show it off.”

 

I laughed as Vin shook his head and backed away from me.

 

“Come on Romeo I will have her back before the streetlights turn . . .” Kelsie giggles “Off.”

 

“Go and be sure to take her with you.” Vin pointed at Kelsie.

 

I grabbed my clutch and pulled Kelsie out of the room.

 

“OH MY GOD!” Kelsie couldn't stop laughing as we made our way to the garage.

 

I laughed also. “DId you see his face when you said ‘look at this body’.” I stopped at the key rack. “Which one?”

 

Kelsie doubled over laughing as she pointed to my Ashton. “Yes I did. It’s so much fun getting him all worked up.”

 

“You have always found that quite entertaining.” I said as I reached for the keys and threw them to her.

 

Kelsie started walking towards it and hit the unlock button. “Only because he makes it so easy.” She threw the keys back at me and I slipped them in my clutch. “Plus his reactions are well worth it.”

 

“True.” I said as I got into the passenger seat. “Where are we going tonight?”

 

“Kiss and Fly.” Kelsie squealed with excitement.

 

I groaned, don’t get me wrong I like kiss and fly it’s just that I am going to be in for a very long night. That is Kelsie’s favorite spot to go and when we go there she always party’s hard, real hard.

 


 

As kelsie and I made our way through the club we said our hellos to the employee’s they all know us and what we drink by heart.

 

We decided to walk up to the bar before we made our way to our VIP table. When the bartender spotted us almost immediately, he smiled.

 

“Look at all these fine pieces of ass in here tonight.” Kelsie said as she licked her lips.

 

I looked at her and then looked around. “Ummmm huh.” I nodded my head. “I regret wearing this ring.”

 

Kelsie released a loud chuckle. “You are stupid that man doesn't love you or care about you. I would have left his ass a long time ago.”

 

I grunted and turned back to the bar just as Keith came over to us with our drinks. “Girls where have you been? I've missed you oh so much. Nobody tips my sexy ass like you.”

 

“Work.” I moaned and grabbed my drink and gulped half of it down.

 

“You look gorgeous tonight Bre. I think you two are going to seduce everything in this joint that has a penius.” He laughed and flicked off a group of guys that were banging on the bar.

 

“Does that mean we have succeeded in making you want vagina?” Kelsie asked as she leaned over the bar and pushed her cleavage out.

 

“Oh honey that ship sailed a long time ago. I am strictly dick.” Keith said as he patted Kelsie’s hand.

 

“Dang. Keith you are just too fine to not like vagina.” Kelsie whined.

 

Keith leaned over the bar. “Ima tell you a secret. If I was to like what a girl has between her legs it would be what the two of you have to offer.”

 

I laughed hard as he sauntered over to a group of girls that were practically drooling over him. Just as we were about to leave, he turned his head back and winked at us.

 

A couple of the girls were sending us evil glares so I decided to stop by them and say. “Sorry girls but he is gay.”

 

I heard Keith laugh and say. “I love you babe.”

 

I turned my head back towards the bar and blew him a kiss. I walked to our table and slide into the booth, Kelsie sat beside me. I leaned my head back and listened to the soft jazz playing.

 

 


 

 

Keith walked up to our table. “My ladys.” Keith bowed slightly and handed us another drink.

 

“This is why we tip you so good. You alway know when we need another.” I said as I took my drink and quickly took a few sips.

 

Keith pouted. “And here I was thinking it was just because of my amazingly good looks.”

 

I snorted. “Yea that might have something to do with it also.”

 

Keith smirked and walked back to the bar.

 

“Come on.” Kelsie said as she pulled my hand. “Lets go dance.”

 

The music had gradually changed into house music. I grabbed my drink and gulped the rest of it down just as she pulled me out of the booth. I slide the now empty glass on the table and followed her.

 

When we got to the dance floor it was packed. I listened to the beat of the song playing as Kelsie pulled me to the slightly raised stage they have, that we absolutely love to dance on. By this time me and kelsie each have had 2 drinks. So of course we were feeling the side effects.

 

I pulled kelsie towards me and we started gyrating and grinding our bodies to the beat of the music. I laughed as she blew a kiss to a guy who whistled at us. A few more girls and guys hopped up on the stage but I was too busy feeling the flow of music that rushed through my veins to pay any attention.

 

Kelsie pulled me closer. “I have just seen the most gorgeous guy in the entire world.” I looked at her and she was looking at something behind me. “He is standing. . .”

 

“Aubrey?”

 

“Right behind you.” Kelsie spoke at the same time as a voice behind me.

 

I whipped my head around at the sound of Chase’s voice. “Chase?”

 

He smirked at me.

 

I quit moving. “Ugh, can I go a day without seeing you?” I groaned.

 

“I’m glad you have missed me so much.” 

 

I watched as his eyes went down to my feet and slowly began to rise. I took that time to check him out also. He looked damn sexy in a ripped pair of True religion jeans and a matching True religion TIGHT v-neck tee. My mouth slightly watered as my eyes stayed glued to his arms. DAMN! I mean I always knew he was fit but not this fit. His biceps are huge and the shirt reveals the ending of a tribal tattoo on his arm. I raised my eyes slightly and saw that the tattoo starts at his collar bone. Why haven't I noticed it before? I licked my lips as I heard someone clear their throat it sounded like Kelsie but I was too caught up in staring at Chase to pay attention to her. My eyes finally made their way to his face and I saw that he was already looking at me with a raised eyebrow and that sexy ass smirk still plastered on his face. I smirked at him also. The alcohol in me wouldn't allow me to blush at being caught practically undressing the man.

 

“You two know each other?” Kelsie asked.

 

I was too busy staring at his eyes to reply to her.

 

“Yes.” Chase drowled. “I am the Doctor that over sees her at the hospital.”

 

Kelsie muttered. “I’m in love.” I finally looked over at her. This time I was the one who raised an eyebrow. 

 

Chase chuckled. “Will you dance with me?” he asked as a new song started.

 

“Ummm.” I said as I looked back at him.

 

“Go.” kelsie said and pushed me into him.

 

Chase caught me and I turned around and shot kelsie a murderous look. She laughed innocently and then sent me her ‘we are talking later’ look.

 

He slide his hands down to my hips as I began to move with the music. I put my hands on his shoulders close to his neck but I made sure that my arms weren't wrapped around his neck. One thing about me is that I LOVE to dance. When I dance the world disappears. It’s just me and the music. I let it take control of my body. 

 

After we dance to a few songs, Chase leaned down. “Lets go get a drink.” His accent was thick.

 

I shivered as I felt his lips touch my ear. When his voice reached my ears it made my knees go weak. Thank goodness he is holding my hips. I nodded my head. Afraid of how my voice might sound.

 

Chase grabbed my hand and laced his fingers through mine. He pulled me in the direction of the bar. I tried not to think of how good my small hand felt in his big rough one. I looked down at our hands intertwined as he pulled me into his side. I marveled over how our skin contrasted against each other but yet blended so well. Somehow my light brown skin mixed perfectly with his tan white skin.

 

I sighed and leaned into him.

 

“Who is this fine hunk of meat?” Keith asked me.

 

“Hun this is Chase.” I looked up at Chase who was looking at me. “Chase this is Keith. The best bartender in NYC.”

 

Chase looked at Keith and then back to me. “Is that so?”

 

“Umhuh . . . . Honey if there is anything.” I watched as Keith eyed Chase and in return Chase involuntary shiver. “Anything I can help you with let me know.”

 

I laughed. “Babe, Chase is straight.”

 

“The good ones usually are. So what will you be having?”

 

I couldn't help but to laugh at this. Since Kelsie and I say the same thing about Keith all the time. 

 

“Give me a Irish car bomb, and whatever the ladies are having.” Chase said.

 

Keith winked at Chase and went to mix our drinks.

 

“Sorry he’s always like that.”

 

Chase shrugged. “Why didn't he ask what you were drinking?”

 

“Because Kels and I come here A LOT. He knows what we like, when we like it, like the back of his hand.”

 

“Ooh.” Chase said as he pulled out his wallet to pay for our drinks.

 

“No Honey I will not take your money.” Keith said as he handed us our drinks.

 

“And why is that.” Chase asked.

 

“Because Aubrey doesn't bring guys to the bar with her EVER. Just don't worry about it this one's on me.” I watched as Keith looked Chase up and down one more time before he turned and walked down the bar to help someone else.

 

I tugged Chase’s hand that was still intertwined with mine. “Come on lets go sit down.” I pulled him away from the bar.

 

When we reached our VIP table I slipped in the booth and Chase followed. I pulled out my iphone and saw that I had a text from Vin. 

 

“Where are you at?”

 

I decided to lie. He doesn't agree with me going to clubs by myself. Plus he is already upset because of the way I left the house. He would be beyond pissed at me if he knew where I was. “At Lucky Cheng’s.”

 

I hadn't realized Chase was watching me.

 

Chase swung his arm on the back of the booth. “Why did you lie to him?”

 

I looked up at him. “Because he doesn't agree with what I was wearing tonight so if I would have told him where I am he would be highly upset.”

 

Chase scoffed. “What's wrong with him? I think you look gorgeous.”

 

I locked eyes with him. “Really?”

 

“Hell yea. I spotted you as soon as I walked through the door.”

 

I giggled. “Are you sure that it was my looks and not the incredible hot girls dancing on a stage?”

 

Nicolas shook his head and chuckled. “I like you,, when you have alcohol in your system and maybe it was a little of both.” He stood up. “Come on lets dance.

 

I downed my drink and stood up. Chase took my hand in his once again. 

 

 


 

 

A few songs later I was dripping in sweat. Chase is a really good dancer. He keeps up with me, with ease. The stage we are on is getting more packed. Someone bumped into me and pushed me closer to him. It caused me to grind into him. I quickly stopped moving when my pelvis pushed up against his. When that happened I noticed a few things : It felt really, REALLY good, His hands slipped down to my ass, and Heat started to pool between my legs. The world seemed to stop. It was only him and I. I looked up at him as his eyes cast down to meet mine. He started to slowly lean his head down towards me and I stood up on my toes. I clenched his shirt in my hands.

 

Just before his lips met mine. “Bre back away from the sexy stud muffin right now! If you want to leave this place in one piece.”

 

I snapped my head to the side in the direction of where the voice came from and found Kelsie.

 

She discreetly nodded her head behind her.

 

I looked and saw Vin. He was turned to the side so I only saw his profile. It seemed like he was searching the dance floor for me.

 

I quickly let go of Chase and took a step back, but I couldn't go far because he had moved his hands up to my waist and was holding me to him.

 

Chase groaned, Kelsie laughed and I sighed.

 

I looked back over to where I had seen Vincent but he was no longer there. I skimmed the dance floor and spotted him. I removed Chase’s hands and turned to go meet up with Vin but stopped dead in my tracks and gasped.

 

What I saw I was never, ever prepared to see. Not in a million years.

 

End Notes:

Let me know what you think of drunk Aubrey. I love her :) She's much more carefree. 

Chapter Five by xDangerousLovex
Author's Notes:

Okay, so I know this chapter is short. It's also not going to be what any of you expected. Don't fret the next chapter is going to be well worth it. I'm thinking about doing some of the chapter from Chase's POV? Maybe? Let me know if you think I should ;) 

I watched as a girl walked up to Vincent and kissed his lips. He smiled down at her, as his arms wrapped around her body he began to pull her  further onto the dance floor.

 

I squinted my eyes, trying to see in the dim lit club. The flashing lights and moving bodies was making it hard for me to make out faces. Once my eyes adjusted and spotted the girl that was wrapped around Vin’s body, I gasped and my body stumbled backwards a few steps. 

 

My eyes began to water and I suddenly found it hard to breath. I barely recognized Kelsie and Chase calling out to me as I pushed my way through the crowd of bodies that littered the club. I swung the hidden exit/entrance door open and walked out into the cool air. I couldn't control my sobs.

 

Why would he do this to me? I have given him everything. I was even thinking about giving my job up, just because it would cause ease the tension that had been suffocating us lately. He didn't like me working so I was going to quite. How could he do this to me? Especially with the one person that I hate in this world. How long has this been going on? Before I received my job at the hospital or was it after we got engaged? I'm his fiance! Why would he do this to me? 

 

I couldn't stop all of the questions that were running through my head. I need some answers but am I brave enough to face them? What if Vin decides to get angry? I can not handle his violence right now. 

 

I did not recognize it when someone came up behind me. Suddenly I was pulled into a warm, strong embrace. Without looking I could tell it was Chase. At the comfort he provided I began to sob even harder. I turned in his arms and wrapped my arms around his abdomen. My tears flowing freely now. I have no control over my body. I have never felt this helpless and used in my whole life. 

 

I barely noticed when Chase sank to the ground, his back supported by a wall. He pulled me into his lap and tucked me under his arms. I grabbed onto his shirt and laid my head against his chest. 

 

I sat there with tears still flowing down my cheeks. I listened to his slow, steady heartbeat. He sat there for who knows how long, slightly rocking me back and forth, while rubbing soft, slow, soothing circles around on my back. He never uttered a word. It was a comfortable silence.  

 

I can kind of understand why he did this, but did he really have to do it with Ashley? Things have not been good between us lately. It seems that we both have been avoiding each other. Which I was glad for because anytime Vin comes around we end up fighting. Ashley and I, go way back and Vin knows this. Actually this is the second time that this girl has done this same exact thing to me. The first time was when I caught Gabe and her together, in his bed. We were all young. He was the one that I let deflower me. I thought he was my first everything. Shortly after I caught them in the bed together I found out that they had been having any affair for half of our 18 month relationship. I was a wreck. Vin was the one who helped me, to get over him. 

 

I’m still a little shocked over what I witnessed with my own eyes in the club not even 30 minutes ago. 

 

Once my tears had lessened, I peeked up at Chase. He was not looking down at me. I could tell from the way that his eyes were unfocused that he was just staring straight ahead, in deep thought. 

 

I tugged on his shirt slightly, that was still held captive in my firm grasp. He looked down, once his eyes locked with mine, a slow smile spread across his lips. Not a full one, but it was enough of a twitch for me to notice. He reached up and brushed a few strands of hair out of my face. 

 

“Hi,” I cringed at how raspy my voice sounded.

 

Chase reached down and picked up his glass, that was sitting on the ground beside us. He handed it to me. 

 

I swallowed all of its content, not even caring what was in it. It burned twice as much as it should have. Since my throat was already dry from crying. I cleared my throat. “Thanks, for coming and checking on me. I’m glad that you are here with me.” 

 

Chase frowned slightly. “I will always be here for you. I’m assuming in there,” He jerked his head towards the club. “you saw your fiance,” 

 

I nodded my head and bit my lip trying to keep the tears away. 

 

“with another women.” 

 

I wasn't sure if that was a question or statement, but I nodded my head anyways. Not trusting my voice at the moment. A few tears silently fell down my cheeks and landed on his shirt. His shirt is definitely ruined now. 

 

I saw anger flash across Chase’s face briefly before he could hide it. His arms tightened around my body momentarily. 

 

I laid my head back against his chest. 

 

The door opened and closed. Then I heard high heeled footsteps make there way towards where me and Chase were. 

 

When I looked up I saw that Kelsie and Chase were having one of those weird no words needed, eye conversations. 

 

I cleared my throat softly, Chase’s eyes quickly flashed down to meet mine. 

 

Kelsie handed me a drink. I took it without a moments hesitation. Hell I needed a whole bottle after what I just witnessed with my own eyes. There was not enough liquor in the world at this moment in time. 

 

“So I think we should go in there and give that bastard a piece of our minds.” Kelsie said as she leaned against the wall and crossed her arms. 

 

Chase nodded his head. “I agree, but I do not think we should pressure her about it.”

 

I looked between the two people. One who is known as my best friend. Kelsie, she has been there through everything. She knows all of my secrets. 

 

Then I glanced over to the other person. Chase, who I have known only for a few months. He provides comfort, but how? We barely knew each other. Whenever he is around all of these emotions run through my body. Some of them I am afraid to admit. 

 

I simply sat there as Chase got off of the ground, pulling me up with him. I backed away from him slightly. 

 

Kelsie groaned "Fuck what you say, that bitch is going to feel my wrath tonight! " 

 

If we were at a different place and it was any other time than this, I surely would have laughed at her statement. 

 

Kelsie didn't wait on anyone to say anything, she turned towards the club, marched over to the door and flung it open. She soon disappeared and the door shut softly behind her. 

 

Chase stepped towards me, "Come on." He grabbed my hand. Somehow he knows the exact thing I need. Support. 

 

Once his warm big hand was in mine and our fingers were laced together, I felt a surge rush through me. I could do this. It was time for me to put my big girl panties on. I need to STOP running and hiding from my problems. They just aren't going to go away. I need, no I HAVE to deal with them. My life needs a change. The way I'm living now, is killing me. Quit literally. 

 


 

I silently obliged, as he pulled me through the club. I was not paying attention to where we were going, trusting Chase to guide me in the right direction.

 

The thing that brought me out of my haze, was Kelsie’s voice. It reached my ears, way before her body came into view. 

 

"How the fuck could you do this to her? You low down dirty dog. Everyone has turned a blind eye to the bruises that always litter her body. You are a pussy! First you downgrade her to the lowest possibility, make her feel like she's worth nothing, then you start beating on her. Of course you being the deranged person that you are, you couldn't be happy with getting away with that. No, now you go out and cheat on her? And with the one fucking slut that Bre can't stand. The one who has done this same thing to her once before. How can you live with yourself?"

 

We came to a stop right beside Kelsie, Vin and Ashley. I looked up, only to see Kelsie's hand rising to come into contact with Vins face. 

 

The next voice that rang out in our little circle was not Vin's. The annoying voice that gave me a headache the second I heard it belonged to none other than the infamous  Ashley.

 

She scuffed "Keep your hand off of my man. I make up for what she doesn't offer, or give him.  I keep him happy enough for the both of us. Maybe if your friend was more worried about Vinny and less worried about being a whore then she would still have him." 

 

Kelsie was fuming, Thank God Keith was making his way over to us, Once he reached us, he grabbed Kelsie and started pulling her towards the exit.

 

Ashley turned towards me, Chase's grip on my hand tightened. 

 

"Tell me how does it feel to know that he fucks me all day and then comes and lays in your bed at night?" She laughed. 

 

I have never been one for violence, but this girl standing in front of me, has always tap danced on my last nerve. My hand that was not holding onto Chase twitched, wanting nothing more than to feel her plastic face pressed against it. 

 

Chase squeezed my hand again, I stood up straighter. 

 

I chuckled humorously, "How about you tell me something, hmm. How does my leftovers taste? I mean first it was Gabe and now Vin? Can you get a guy that is actually yours? I mean come on, you have spent your whole life following after me. Stealing other girls boyfriends. Poor girl didn't your mother ever tell you that it's not nice to take things that are not yours?"

 

Before I could even blink an eye Ashley lunged at me, Chase had been watching closely, he pushed me behind him before she could lay her filthy hands on me. 

 

Vincent did not like that. He had not been listening to the conversation at all, only staring at our intertwined hands the whole time. 

 

Vin stepped forward and sized Chase up. Chase's body became even more rigid. I could feel the tension and rage coming from him in waves. 

 

"Why the fuck are you touching my fiance?" 

 

Chase scoffed, "Why the fuck are you here at a club with a girl that is not your fiance?"  

 

Vin took another menacing step towards Chase and growled "I'm going to ask you this one more time, why are you touching my fiance?" 

 

Chase chuckled. "I am not afraid of you. In fact you need a good ass whoopin from a man. Maybe then you will stop beating on women who can't defend themselves against powerful men." 

 

Before Vin could launch himself at Chase, I stepped up from behind his back. I need to stop this now before it gets out of hand. I don't need Chase fighting my battles for me.

 

"Let's get a few things straight. One I am no longer your 'fiance'.  Two, I can touch whoever I  want."

 

Vin scuffed and folded his arms across his chest. "Yea we will see about that. I should punish you right now for letting that man touch you." 

 

My body involuntarily shuddered. I felt Chase's presence come up even closer to me. Just knowing that he was standing beside me, ready to defend me, gave me the extra strength that I so desperately needed. 

 

"You know what, fuck you.  I have put up with your shit for far too long." I took my ring off and threw it at him. "I have  wasted years of my life on you. What have you done for me? Nothing but try to bring me down. As of tonight I am forgetting you even exist. I will send someone to get my stuff on Monday. I’m done."

 

I turned around and started walking towards the door. Somehow Vin had gotten around Chase and grabbed my arm jerking me back towards him. He held my arm in a death grip. I looked around and saw that Chase had gotten pushed towards the middle of the club. He was now surrounded by people. 

 

"This is not over. You are not leaving me. I will not allow it. You have nothing without me. I have made you who you are, I will destroy you if I have to. You belong to me and no one else. I am the only person that knows how to take care of you, the way that you need." 

 

Chase made it over to where, Vin had me held against a wall. "Let her go." 

 

"Did you not hear me fool? She belongs to me, not you!" Vin pulled me closer towards his body and started walking towards the exit.

 

"I said let her go." Chase said, I could tell from the strain of his voice that he was trying to control his anger. 

 

Vin looked back toward Chase and that was the only chance Chase needed. 

 

I silently watched as Chase raised his fist and slammed it into Vin’s face, it was enough force to break his nose. A sickening crack filled my ears. Vin released my arm and stumbled back. He was cradling his now broken, bleeding nose.

 

Chase punched him again in the stomach. Vin was now doubled over, blood dripping onto the floor. 

 

"Come near her again, and I will not hesitate in killing you." With that said Chase grabbed my hand and quickly pulled me out of the club. 

 

I did not even spare a glance back as I made my way through the club parking lot and towards Chase's car.

End Notes:

Sorry for the cliffhanger. Don't forget to let me know if I should write something from Chase's POV. I know official authors don't switch POV's but I would love for yall to get a glimpse into Chase's mind, plus I could always delete it. Anyways enough of my rambling. I hope you enjoyed this short chapter :) 

- Danielle 

Chapter Six by xDangerousLovex
Author's Notes:

Please, please, pleaseeeee don't be to mad at me! I know that its been like 10 months since I last updated. Life kind of got in the way. If I still have any followers, read this and let me know what you think! 

To say that I'm beyond pissed would be the understatement of the year.

 

 I was mostly silent throughout the whole argument. Simply standing there watching, listening. I knew something wasn't right the first time I overheard a conversation between Aubrey and her Fiancé. From what I can tell, he has never treated her with much respect. I should have hurt that piece of shit more than I did. How could he cause something so beautiful, so much pain? I shook my head, trying to clear some thoughts from my mind. Aubrey squeezed my hand tighter, as if she could sense the path that my thoughts were going down. 

 

I came to a stop in front of my car. I clicked the unlock button, once the passenger door began to rise, I guided a silent Aubrey over to the seat. Once she was secured, I made my way over to the driver’s side. The only sound that could be heard was the screeching of my tires grinding against the pavement as I sped out of the club parking lot. 

 

I looked over at Aubrey, her left hand was squeezing the seat and her right was holding on to the door handle for dear life. 

 

I couldn't help the chuckle that escaped my lip, "You will be okay. I'm a perfect driver." 

 

As the gates to my home opened, I made my way down the driveway. Once I was in front of the steps I put the car in park. I didn't bother to close the doors or take my key out of the ignition, knowing that my butler would take care of it. I quickly rushed to the passenger side door, I watched as Aubrey got out of the car. We began to walk up the steps. The door opened and Jeff greeted us. I didn't pay him any attention. I watched as Aubrey made her way into the house. I couldn't help but to admire the soft subtle sway of her hips. I was so focused on admiring her body that I didn't notice that she had stopped walking. Aubrey turned around and caught me staring at her. Of course I did not try to hide it, like always. A light blush appeared across her cheeks. 

 

I love that blush. “I'm sorry, I am being quite rude, let me show you around.” 

 

For the next 30 minutes I gave her a detailed tour of my home. Aubrey was silent the whole time. Whenever I talked about something that interested her, I noticed that her eyes would light up. We circled back around and started walking down the hallway that held my bedroom, office and a guest room. I came to a stop in front of the guest room. I pushed the door open, “You may stay in this room. There are fresh sheets on the bed and the bathroom is through that door right there.”

 

I watched as she looked over at the bed, I couldn't help but notice the sadness that crossed her face. Aubrey tried to hide it quickly, but not soon enough. I felt a pang in my chest as a tear made its way down her soft cheek. Before I could tell my body no, I had her enveloped in a hug. I felt as she tensed up, then she took a deep breath, and relaxed in my arms. She nestled her head where my shoulder and chest began as her arms came up and wrapped around my waist. No words needed to be spoken. She was hurt and I was going to be her comfort. I held her as she quietly sobbed. My heart hurt for her. I hate seeing her like this. I wish that I could just take all of her pain away. I would kill to see that pretty smile that makes my own lips upturn into a smile, make its way across her face again. I rested my chin on the top of her head, when her arms tightened around me. I’m not sure how long we stood there, but I held her until her tears dried up and she started pulling away from me. 

 

I looked at her, “If you are willing to accept, I want to help you as much as I possibly can.” I watched as indecision passed across her features, I shook my head when she opened her mouth to speak. “You can stay here for as long as you want.” 

 

Aubrey locked eyes with me, I know that she can see the desperation in them. I don't  bother to try and hide my emotions from her. “Okay.” She finally agreed and nodded her head. "Can we talk more in the morning? Please." 

 

I looked down at my watch and noticed that it was a little past 2 am. I nodded my head. I know her emotions are on overload right now. "Remember if you need anything I am right across the hall. If I'm not in my room, I will either be in my office or the gym."

 

Aubrey nodded her head.  "Okay."

 

I turn on my heels and walk out of the room. I close the door on my way out and make my way into my room and close the door behind me. I sit down on the bed and my head falls into my hands. I couldn’t help the groan that escaped my lips. 

 

What am I going to do? I know that no matter what, I am going to be here for Aubrey, but it’s going to be hard. I'm developing feelings for her. It’s going to be difficult to hold them back with her so close to me. She doesn’t need me complicating her life with my declaration of love. The one thing I need to avoid is freaking her out. That will only cause her to take off running in the opposite direction of me.

 

I wonder how long she plans on being here.  If it was up to me the answer would be forever.  Part of me actually thinks she would agree. Our relationship is developing and becoming stronger with every passing day. But then another part of me, the more realistic side knows that she will not stay, she needs her own space. Hopefully I can talk her into at least staying with me until she finds an apartment. One with extra security. 

 

The road ahead of her is going to be a very rough and bumpy one, but I am going to be by her side every step of the way. She is going to have to learn a whole new way of life. That guy has been molding and training her mind to be exactly how he wants it for the past 6 fucking years. I just pray to God that she does not cave and go back to him. Deep down I know that she will. He is all she knows, basically.

 

No matter what I will be here fighting for her. If I ever see that fucking bastard again, I will not hesitate in beating the shit out of him. 

 

I decide that I need to go down to the gym and work off some of this steam. I rise from the bed and pull my shirt off. I start walking to my closet to get a pair of gym shorts but before I make it, I hear a timid knock on my door. There's only one person that could be, Aubrey. I make my way over to the door and throw it open. 

 

I couldn’t help but notice how her eyes trail down to my chest and don't leave. Her eyes glaze over and it looks like she’s in a trance.  I clear my throat and her eyes jump up to my face and meet mine. A smile makes its way across my face when Aubrey’s cheeks blush a pretty red. 

 

I can tell from the look on her face that she wants to crawl in a hole and hide. "Did you need something?" 

 

"Ummmm, I was going to take a shower but I don't have anything to wear. Do you think I can borrow a shirt or something? Please." 

 

"Sure." I walk into my closet and grab one of my old college shirts. When I walk back into my room I notice that Aubrey has not moved an inch from the doorway. “Here this should fit you. Tomorrow we can go and get some of your things. If you would like." 

 

Aubrey nodded her head as she reached out and grabbed the shirt from my outstretched hand. "Thank you for everything Chase. I really appreciate this."

 

I locked eyes with Aubrey. "It’s no problem at all. Don't mention it." 

 

"Okay. Well I will be going, so you can get back to whatever you were doing before I interrupted." Aubrey turned around and hurried down the hall. 

 

. . .

 

As I make my way up the stairs from the basement, I walk through the house. It’s normally quite so I was shocked when a very faint quiet sound reached my ears. My face scrunched up in confusion. I round the hallway and start walking towards the kitchen. As I get closer I notice the sound becomes louder. It sounds like muffled quiet sobs. 

 

I walk through the doorway and into the kitchen, what meets my eyes makes my body come to a standstill. Aubrey is sitting on the ground with her back up against a cabinet. I watch as she picks up a bottle and brings it to her mouth. My eyes scan the bottle and I see that it is the strongest liquor I have in my house. It’s my favorite, the only one I drink. It also costs me a pretty penny. I notice that the once full unopened bottle only contains a little less than half of its contents. 

 

Damn! I can’t believe that she isn’t passed out on the floor yet. How the hell can her body hold so much?  Usually about 6 glasses of that stuff has me stumbling and slurring my words together. I shake my head and quickly make my way towards her as my doctors instinct kicks in. 

 

I crouch down beside her. “Aubrey can you hear me? Look at me.”

 

Aubrey slowly turns her head towards me. Her eyes are definitely dilated. I notice the tears that are staining her cheeks. I grab a paper towel and wipe them away. I look down at the bottle that is still in her grasp. “Can I have the bottle?” I reach for it and slowly pull it out of her hands. She doesn’t fight me. I look at the bottle and see that there is blood on it. “Aubrey are you hurt? Where are you bleeding from?” I lock eyes with her and it looks like she flinches back some as I grab her hand. I examine it but there is too much dried blood on it for me to get a good look at it. “Stay right here I will be right back.” 

 

As I move to get up Aubrey grabs my hand. I notice that she has started to shake a little. “Please don’t be mad at me. It was a complete accident. I’m sorry, I won’t ever do that again. My emotions got the best of me.” Tears started running down her cheeks. 

 

What the hell is she talking about?“Aubrey.” I crouch back down and grab her face in my hands since she won’t look at me. “Aubrey, calm down. I am not angry. I’m just going to get my first aid kit so I can take care of your hand.”

 

Her eyes look up and meet mine. The moment I look into them, I notice how damaged and scarred she truly is. 

 

“I will be right back. Stay here for me, okay?” 

 

Once she nods her head I unhook her hand from around mine. As I make my way up the stairs I notice a very light almost none existent foot print. I look forward and notice that they make a path coming out of Aubrey’s room. As I walk into her room and look around, I don’t notice anything. I make my way into her bathroom thinking I could just get a first aid from out of there. When I walk into the room I notice that the mirror has been broken. I walk up to it and saw a little bit of blood on it. She must have punched it. I looked down, when she punched it she probably stepped on the glass. 

 

But why, why would she punch it? Something must have upset her, but what?

 

I grab the first aid kit from under the sink and make my way back downstairs. I notice that Aubrey has not moved from the place I left her. She is just staring straight ahead, kind of in a daze. 

 

“Aubrey,” I try to grab her attention. Once she look at me I continue. “I’m going to lift you up on the counter so I can clean your foot and hand.” 

 

She lightly nods her head. I pick her up and sit her on the island. I grab her hand and start to wipe the blood off with peroxide. Her knuckles are split. “What made you punch the mirror?” 

 

“Why don’t you get mad at me?” 

 

I glance up at her as I grab an ace bandage. “Why should I get mad over such materialistic things? It can easily be fixed.”

 

 

Aubrey looks away from me and stares out of the window above the sink. “I hate the person that he has made me. Sometimes I barely recognize myself.  I hate him for it, but I also hate myself for letting him do it.” Aubrey lets out a sigh and her eyes search mine. “I want to find the old me. I know it still exists because it comes out when I am around you. Will you help me? Please.” 

 

I almost drop the bottle of peroxide. Where the hell did all of that come from? I stare up at her with my mouth open. I notice that her face falls and she starts to frown. I mentally kick myself. She’s probably thinking I don’t want to help her because I’m just sitting here looking at her like an idiot. “Of course I will. You don’t even have to ask.” I finish cleaning up her foot and rise to stand in front of her. “I will be here for you every step of the way.”

 

A look of shock crosses her face but it is quickly replaced by astonishment and fascination. One of her hands reaches out for my face. I move a little closer and rest my hands on the counter around her. 

 

She lightly touches my face. “You are so different from him. I don’t deserve you.” Aubrey lightly shakes her head. 

 

I turn my head and lightly kiss her palm that was resting on my cheek. “Baby girl you deserve more than I can ever offer you.”

 

End Notes:

I know this chapter is sooooo short, but it's not toooo bad? Right? God, I hope not. Give me your honest opinion! I miss yall a lot. 

This story archived at https://www.valentchamber.com/viewstory.php?sid=2349