Can It Be Love? by Heleana503
Summary:

Evangeline Jones is a 26-year-old African American woman who is independent and beautiful. Coming out of starbucks with her morning coffee she bumps into some very broad shoulders, she continuously say's sorry without looking up at "broad shoulders" and when she finally looks up she sees the most handsome man she's ever laid eyes on. The only issue is that.....he's white.


Categories: Original Fiction Characters: None
Classification: None
Genre: Romance
Story Status: Active
Pairings: None
Warnings: Adult Situations
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 2096 Read: 20340 Published: May 12 2013 Updated: March 30 2014

1. The meeting by Heleana503

2. Getting To Know Each other by Heleana503

3. The Call? by Heleana503

4. So I Do Know You by Heleana503

The meeting by Heleana503

(Evangeline's POV)

 

Living in the Hills, the weather was usually nice and warm but today was extremely cold.

 

So cold i had to wear two pairs of leggings.

 

This cold weatherr definitely calls for my favorite drink from the local Starbucks, Cinnamon Dolce Vita.

 

After i had gotten my drink i walk out digging in my purse looking for my car keys, not watching where i was walking, All of a sudden i almost tumble over into some very broad shoulders and feel two strong arms catch me, I just kept saying sorry not looking to see who 'broad shoulders' was.

 

When i finally look up I see the most Handsome man I've ever laid eyes on!

 

When i snap out of my shock hes looking at me funny so he must have found out i was drooling over him.

 

I realize he is still holding on to me so i clear my throat motioning towards my arms, He apologizes and then tells me his name is Matt.(hmmm Matt what a cute name)

 

I introduce myself telling him my name.

 

He then says "Here let me but you a new coffee" I say "Only if you let me buy you a new shirt" Matt says it's a deal.

 

(Matt POV)

 

I am on my way into Starbucks to get my regular when some chick practically runs me over, I was going to give her a mouthful until i realized how Gorgeous this girl was!

 

I just had to know her name.

 

She cleared her throat motioning to her arms and i realized i was still holding onto her from when she almost ran me over, After i let her go i introduce myself hoping she will tell me who she was also.

 

I tell her to let my buy her a new cup of coffee, And she say's only if she buys me a new shirt.

 

I think she is flirting with me but i can't tell if she is just being kind but i do not care i just want to get to know her.

End Notes:

 I hope you enjoy the first chapter! Second one will be up tomorrow! :) Review please and tell me what ya think! :)

Getting To Know Each other by Heleana503

(Matt's POV)

 

After i got Evangeline a new cup of coffee we stayed there talking for a long time about everything and anything, I've never had so much in common with someone before.

 

I think I've fallen in love with this girl and i just met her like an hour ago.

 

Evangeline say's she has to go so i give her my number and she looks at me funny so i say " for my new shirt" and we both laugh she takes my number and gives me hers.

 

I do not really need a new shirt i have too many as it is, I just wanted Evangeline to call me.

 

When i get back home 30 minutes after Evangeline and I leave Starbucks I reminisce on the best day of my life until i fall asleep.

 

(Evangeline's POV)

 

Oh my gosh I think I like Matt, We have so much in common its crazy.

 

I am still wondering why he is even being kind to me or talking to me at all, What if he likes me? Nah I am not even pretty and he is GORGEOUS, I am sure he just feels sorry for me.

 

I always get told I am beautiful but i do not see it.

 

I wish i had the confidence in myself.

 

Tired of felling sorry for myself I make my way into My Corp. because this is a hectic week were trying to make a deal with this big time company called MP Inc.

 

I own a large Fashion/ Modeling Corp.

 

I make it into my office and call my secretary to tell me if we have gotten any calls from MP Inc.

 

My secretary is also my best friend Camilla, you would think it was hard having your best friend work for you and sometimes it was but i would not trade it for anything Camilla has been there with me from the beginning when my parents disowned me because i did not want to continue into the family business after college.

 

I do not know where I would be without Cammy(my nick name for Camilla), she is the one who encouraged me to do my own thing and start this business.

 

After Cammy told me i did not have any calls i decided to work from home the rest of the day.

End Notes:

I know i said ill put it up tommrow but i couldnt wait lol! :) Please review! I really appreciate it! 

The Call? by Heleana503

(Matt's POV)

 

I wake up in a cold sweat, i had a very intense dream about Evangeline and if its as good as it was in my dreams i have to find out how it is in real life.

 

Oh my gosh I am acting like a creeper and i barely even know this woman.

 

Ugh looks like I am in store for a cold shower.

 

After my shower i get ready for work in the usual suit and tie, you see i own a big company and this fashion company wants some of my men to model for them in this really big fashion show that everyone who's anyone attends.

 

I was supposed to call them yesterday to confirm a deal with the owner but i was to tired so i guess I will do it when i get to the office.

 

Its weird because I am making a deal with a woman I've never met or even had a conversation with.

 

But i guess that will change when i confirm the deal. I make it to my company, and my driver lets me out, I would drive my car but it's in the shop, Last week i was at Starbucks as usual and i came out to see my car with a huge dent on the left side, to say i went ballistic would be an understatement, i mean that was my brand new Maserati Gran Turismo 2013 model!

 

So that is why i have a limo driver, actually my car should be fixed by now I am going to have to call the auto shop and see how my baby is, I make my way into my office and see that my desk is filled to the top with paperwork, that is the only downside of owning your own company, there is so much work to do! I guess i better call, that fashion company.

 

I call my secretary and tell her to put me through to the company while the phones ringing i start thinking about Evangeline I cannot stop thinking about her beautiful dark blemish free skin.

 

Someone answers the phone and i ask for the Boss, they put me on hold, I wait for a couple of minutes until i hear someone say hello and i realize that Evangeline is on the other line.....

End Notes:

I edited the previous chapters! If theres still some mistakes you can tell me. But yea heres the chapter. I hope this one is better that the last one. 

Review and tell me what you think.

So I Do Know You by Heleana503
Author's Notes:

Laaaaaaawd ! I'm sorry you guys ! I have this story on another site also called wattpad check it out on there also ! :) Sorry for such the long wait ! This chapter isnt edited fair warning ! Please comment and favorite ! Love you :* (Kiss face)


(Evangeline's Pov)



Camilla tells me i have a call, so i answer the phone and say "Hello", It takes a while for whoever is on the other line to respond but when they do i realize it's Matt the man i met at starbucks. I wonder how he got my work number?! Hmmm. " Matt is that you?" I said, he probably thinks im a creep because i recognized his voice.



(Matt's Pov)



"Evangeline?" Oh my gosh It really is her. Why am i fawning over this girl she probably doesnt even like me.
I tell her that my men accept her offer, she sounds so happy i can feel her smile through the phone. I decide now is the perfect time to ask her if she'll go out with me for dinner.
"Evangeline i wanted to ask you something..... will you go out to dinner with me tonight?" I hear even breathing so i guess she's cosidering going out with me.
Oh my gosh she said yes! I'm smiling so hard my cheeks hurt! I tell her i'll call her to know what time i should pick her up, we say goodbye and i tell her i cant wait for our date.
I get out of my desk chair and start dancing around my office when my secretary comes in and tells me my father is here to see me. Why does he have to visit me now? You see my father and i never really got along after i opened my buisness he wanted me to be a laywer just like him. I tell her to let him in.
" Dad what are you doing here?" I said. " I'm here to talk about Mary, she tells me you broke up with her" I sigh, "Yes i broke up with her but i dont see how that has anything to do with you" "Listen son, Mary was a good kid, i dont see why you broke up with her she really loved you"
"No dad you listen I broke up with Mary because i never had feelings for i only got with her so you and mom would get off my back, Now im a little busy so if you could please go and well talk about this later i have a date"
"A date already?And who do you have a date with?" "Well Dad now that is none of your buisness now please go"
"Okay ill go but we will talk about this later" When i'm positive my father has left the buliding i slouch back into my chair and run my fingers through my hair and think about how i hate that my parents are always trying to dictate my life!
Im a 27 year old man i shouldnt have to justify why i broke up with Mary this was my life! After i'm done bashing on how sucky my parents are i decide to leave the office and get ready for my date!



(Evangeline's Pov)



Oh my gosh i cant believe it I Evangeline Jones have a date With Matt! This is the better than his men agreeing to model for the fashion show! I wonder what i should wear its gonna be a late dinner so should i dress sexy or should i dress semi sexy hmmmm i'll go with full blown sexy!
I decide on wearing a short red dress that hugs my curves in all the right places thats one thing i'm confident about is my body im not even gonna lie i have an amazing body i guess all those squats and runs really paid off cause i am banging lol if only i had the beauty to go with my body.
Done sulking i go take a shower and get ready for my date.
I get out of the shower feeling refreshed and squeky clean.
I do my usual after i get out of the shower i lather lotion on my entire body then i get dressed.
My cell phone starts ringing and i pick it up without looking to see who the caller is "Hello?"
" Hey Evangeline its Matt, I was just calling to say i'm on my way then i realize i dont know where you live.'Oh my gosh your right" I tell him where i live and he tells me hell be here in fifteen minutes then we say goodbye and hang up.
Damnit I only have fifteen minutes to finish geting ready!
I quickly do my makeup i only put on a light powder and a lil blush then i do a simple smokey eye.
I go get my black Jimmy Choo platform pumps, these are my favorite shoes i own and they always seem to bring me luck! I hear the doorbell ring so it must be Matt and hes right on time.
I open up my door and tell him to come in and say i just have to get my bag, he says i look amazing and if i was of a lighter complexion i would be redder than a tomato. After i get my bag i tell him we can go.
Once we get outside i see one car that isnt mine so it must be Matt's its an Aston Martin One-77 this car was beautiful!
Being a perfect gentlemen he opens my door for me and lets me in before he shuts it, then he gets in on his side, and takes off out of my long drive way, And i'm hoping this night is gonna be great.

End Notes:

I hope you guys love it ! Ill try and edit this tonight if possible ! 

This story archived at https://www.valentchamber.com/viewstory.php?sid=2511