Induratize by Bajerie
Summary:

Snippets into the lives of different characters. A foray into emotions and interactions.


Categories: Original Fiction Characters: None
Classification: None
Genre: Drama, Family, Friendship, Romance
Story Status: Active
Pairings: None
Warnings: Adult Situations, Dubcon, Original Characters, Racism, Sexual Content , Strong Sexual Content , Un-betaed , Work in Progress
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: No Word count: 9617 Read: 5518 Published: November 14 2013 Updated: May 08 2015

1. Apologize by Bajerie

2. Kiss Me by Bajerie

3. Howl by Bajerie

4. Seeker by Bajerie

5. Escape by Bajerie

6. It Started Out With a Kiss ... by Bajerie

7. Unconditional by Bajerie

Apologize by Bajerie
Is it strange that I found out my fiancé has been cheating on me for the past three months and I have yet to confront him about it? I received the phone-call from his lover this morning right before I went to work and I haven’t been able to concentrate since. My boss, a kindly older lady who I’m quite fond of, sent worried glances my way all day but I assured her I was fine. Even then she sent me home early.

So here I am sitting on our bed, mechanically going through the pictures that were sent to my phone. She’s beautiful; his other woman. Her hair’s a curly mass of blond; she has big blue eyes and full red lips. The pictures arean’t very varied. They’re mostly shots of them tangled in each other in bed. He seems to have fallen asleep because in most of them his eyes are closed. There are some though where they’re smiling together and hugging or kissing.

They make a cute couple.

The bedroom door opens behind me and heavy footsteps means he’s entered the room. Resolutely I keep flipping through the pictures, reminding myself of his betrayal.

“Hey baby, you’re home early.”

The bed dips when he climbs on to it and presses a kiss on top of my head, “What’re you looking at?”

I know the instant he sees because he stiffens behind me. Slowly he reaches forward as if to take the phone but I move it out of his reach.

“She’s beautiful.”

“Tiny-”

“I’m just saying; I can understand why you did it. You guys are gorgeous together.”

“That’s not-”

“I mean it’s almost criminal how good you look together.”

“T-”

“So when were you going to tell me about her? Before or after we were married?”

“She means nothing.”

“Don’t,” briefly I close my eyes and inhale deeply. “Is it supposed to make me feel better that you had an affair with someone you don’t even care about!?!! You care so little about me that any random woman would do?!!”

“I don’t mean it like that T!” When he grabs my arms I yank out of his grasp and stand, refusing to look at him. “She was just a mistake! I love you!”

I laugh and the sound is so bitter it surprises me, “You love me? Really? This is what your love feels like?”

“Tiny please-”

“Stop calling me that. I’m not Tiny or T to you. Just- don’t bother calling me at all.”

In a fit of sudden rage I spin around and head for the door. With every step my heart hurts worse and tears stream down my face. I reach up to wipe them away and bump into something. Large, warm hands grip onto my shoulders so hard it’s almost painful.

“Don’t go babe … we’ll work this out!”

His voice sounds desperate and for the first time I look at him. He’s flushed, grey eyes filled with tears, and his face is filled with anxiety.

“I love you,” the words slip from my mouth before they’ve even registered and his face brightens. “I love you so much; but how can I believe you love me after this? How can I trust you?”

“Because I do! You’re it for me. There’s no one else.”

Again I laugh bitterly. How can he stand there and lie to me like this, “Really? I bet Nastasia would beg to differ.”

And just like that his face crumples, “Baby, please.”

“No.”

The objects around me are getting blurry and angrily I wipe away the tears, “I’ll start telling my family that the wedding’s off. I expect you’ll take care of your end.”

With that I turn away again and head out the door.
End Notes:

All reviews are welcome.

Kiss Me by Bajerie
Author's Notes:

Ed Sheeran and his music. He's my current muse.

Curled on the couch the world dropped away as he sang. She’d always heard people talking about being so completely lost in another person but she had never experienced it. Until him that is.

From the way his eyes closed at a particularly emotional part to the strum of his fingers over his guitar strings he was magnificent. She took the time to run her eyes over his hunched form, paying special attention to his fingers and his face; the fan of his eyelashes against his pale cheeks, the small dusting of freckles across his nose, the way his lips formed the words he sang.

It was like he was weaving magic.

When he finally finished she was speechless. It took a moment for her to even realise he had stopped. And then there was the sense of loss that invoked.

“Hey, you ok?”

She was dangerously close to crying. She hated when she got this way. So full of emotion that her body’s response seemed to be to cry. Instead she blinked it away and forced a smile that felt more like a grimace.

He in turn grimaced, “That bad?”

“What? No! No! You were perfect! Seriously, it was … perfect.”

Her voice ended in a whisper. The awkward silence that followed made her want to disappear. Had she just said he was perfect? It must be why he was looking at her funny.

“So you think she’ll like it?”

Pained she squeezed her eyes shut. For a moment she forgot the real reason she was here. Ashley. He was Ashley’s. Not hers. Forcing her eyes open she tried to smile again.

“She’ll love it. Trust me.”

“I do,” his smile made her ache. “That’s why I asked you first. You’re like my best mate. I know you won’t lie to me.”

It was bittersweet the feelings that statement invoked. He considered her his ‘best mate’ and yet that was all he felt. That she was a great friend. Suddenly unable to stand his presence she stood.

“I’m gonna go get some cookies. You want a cookie?”

Turning she didn’t wait for his reply, just disappeared into the kitchen. Sugar, her drug of choice. She had changed her diet in order to get healthier but now she was craving cookies something fierce. Luckily she had baked two days ago. There were still some cookies left and she quickly sought them out, biting into one before placing the rest on a plate. She turned to get some milk (clichéd but she really wanted some right now) and jumped when she saw Henry standing in the doorway. He looked concerned.

“Are you sure you’re alright? You seem …off.”

“Fine, fine,” she avoided his eyes as she moved towards the refrigerator. “Would you like some milk?”

“Sure,” she felt more than saw when he entered the kitchen. He reached for the cups as she got the milk. How many times had they done this while waiting for Ashley to come home from work? While she poured he got the cookies.

“You know if you ever needed to talk, I’d listen.”

Selina couldn’t help her small smile when she glanced up after he’d made the statement. He looked so determined, so concerned. Henry was sweet. So very sweet.

She looked away again, “I’ll remember that.”

As she replaced the milk she noted him pulling out two chairs by the kitchen table. It made her gut twist. Resolutely she walked over to the opposite end of the table, sitting and pretending she couldn’t see the confused/hurt look on his face.

The cookies were delicious but she could barely taste them. Henry had yet to touch any and he usually had two down to her one. Nervously she glanced up at him.

“Don’t you want any?”

He was staring at her funny again, “Did I do something to offend you?”

“What?” This time her brow was furrowed in confusion, “No. Why would you think that?”

“It’s just … I guess …” He shook his head. “Nothing. Don’t worry about it.”

With that he reached for a cookie and began to eat. It had never been this tense between them. Awkward maybe, but never tense. Immediately she regretted not sitting by him but it was either this or be tortured by the feel of him so close. She’d had enough of being a masochist for one night.

“Ashley’s late.”

His eyes flew to hers. This time she managed to hold his gaze and he seemed to relax just a bit.

“Yea, she messaged me and said she’d be a bit late. Hope it isn’t a problem.”

Like she’d complain about spending more time with him, “It’s fine. Um, wanna watch a movie or something until she comes?”

He broke into a smile and just like that the tension was broken. They flowed into easy conversation from there. Talking about what they did that day and what to watch tonight. He insisted on washing the dishes while she set up the movie. Looking back at him in the kitchen it all felt so domestic she ached with longing again.

Resolutely she turned away. They were friends. She liked being friends with him. She didn’t need anything more than his friendship.

Howl by Bajerie
Author's Notes:

I really need to work on my updating times.

I could feel the tension as soon as I entered the wooded glen. Some of my pack mates hung around me, waiting, I knew, for our alpha to issue a command. She stood a few feet before me, as tense as I’ve ever seen her. Quickly I moved over to her side. I didn’t have to say anything for her to know I was there.

“You got my message.”

Her arm twitched in reply. The muscles beneath her skin tensed and then relaxed as she breathed deeply, “He played me for a fool. Again.”

“And he’ll pay for it,” I replied simply. “Just say what you want. It will be taken care of.”

“No,” I could feel the malice in her voice. “I’ll take care of it this time.”

She finally turned to me and I raised an eyebrow at the golden hue of her eyes. She really was upset if she was wolfing out. Unbidden a smirk tugged at my lips. Smoothly she turned and began to walk away. Like the loyal second I am, I followed until she stopped abruptly and motioned to our right.

“I gave strict instructions that no one was to touch him until you told them to.”

One knowing look over her shoulder and I was striding through some trees and into a partially open grove. As soon as the scene before me registered my heart skipped a beat.

Strapped to a tree by his hands was my Matthias, the only weakness I allowed myself outside of our pack. He was the only man I’d ever allowed myself to feel real affection for and as such, only Mina, my alpha, knew my feelings for him.

He was stark naked. His hair, which had grown out since last I saw him, covered most of his face. I purposely stepped on some twigs to announce my entrance and immediately the three betas that were guarding him fled further away from him.

Slowly he lifted his head until his eyes connected with mine. For my part I couldn’t help grinning. My little Matthias had grown. Gone were the gangly limbs and awkward stance of his youth. In its place was the corded muscle and self-assurance of manhood. Even tied up and vulnerable he was beautiful.

“You really need to quit your job as Joey’s driver. It’s getting you into all sorts of trouble.”

“If I quit then I’d never get to see you.”

I chuckled, “Still a sweet talker I see.”

He just stared down at me. It almost made me shiver to see the raw hunger in his eyes. Yes. My little Matthias had grown. I rarely allowed myself indulgences with him but today I would. Eyes still locked on his I reached up to his pectorals, and then ran my hand down, claws only partially extended, over his abdominals.

His inhale sounded like a hiss and his eyes narrowed but they stayed focused on mine, “Did you know about Joey and that other woman?”

Matthias didn’t even pretend to put up a fight, “Not at first. When I found out I told him it was a bad idea.”

Humming softly my acceptance of his answer, I stopped my caress of his chest to run my hands up over his calves to his inner thighs. This time his inhale was so sharp it left me partially worried he’d knock himself out.

“He didn’t listen?” The skin on his inner thigh was soft, hugging tightly corded muscle. I wanted to leave my mark on them and across the planes of his body so everyone would know who he belonged to.

He inhaled deeply again and then groaned out a no when my hands drifted dangerously close to his hardened member. I wanted to give him relief. I wanted to see his face as I stroked him to ecstasy…but to allow us both that pleasure would put him in danger.

A shrill scream shot across the area and I turned, grinning. It seemed Mina was having quite a bit of fun with Joey. In that instant when all our attentions were diverted, I felt Matthias turn in my grasp, and then I was cupping something smooth, hot, pulsing, and so very hard.
I turned in time to see Matthias bite his lip and throw back his head in pleasure. For a moment I faltered. But then just as quickly I yanked my hand away.

“Naughty boy.”

His eyes flickered down to meet mine and steeling my resolve, I dug my claws into his right thigh. His screams were sheer agony to me but I couldn’t allow him to get away with taking such liberties. There was always a chance that any weaknesses we had would get out; and I would allow no one to use him against me.

Carefully I removed my hand and stepped back, ignoring his accusing gaze, “Nikki, clean his wounds. Eva, cut him down. The three of you may … play with him. Wear him out but do not harm him in any way. He is harmless.”

Confused he opened his mouth to ask me something but I was already stepping away. He was quickly cut down and my last image of him involved Anna-Marie raising her skirt and lowering herself over his thighs.

Seeker by Bajerie
Author's Notes:

Now I know I'm supposed to be exploring human emotions and interactions but I read a story that inspired me and voila! I hope you like it. Don't be shy about giving me some feedback either, I like to know what people think when they read my snippets.

He was shaking. I could see him physically quivering from where I stood; his eyes dark and intense as he watched me. It was unnerving, like I was prey and he was the predator; that thought alone made my heart pound and I heard him growl low in his chest at its sound.

“Tari!”

The screaming of my name seemed to snap me out of my daze and yank me back to earth. Mi’kyl let loose an agonized scream but before I could turn back to him my face was yanked back around. Nykema’s golden gaze locked with my own, an expression unlike any I had ever seen before warring in their depths.

“Tari you need to get out of here now!”

Nykema looked away for a second and then she was grabbing my arm and hauling me out of the room. Her hurried steps and mumbled words scared me but they were nothing in comparison to what Mi’kyl’s angry roar did to me. The sound was almost deafening and Nykema, who I had never seen afraid, shook; pure terror and determination in her eyes. She turned to me and she opened her mouth to speak-
And suddenly she was ripped away. Fear lanced up my spine; almost blinding me before I forced it down and turned to see what had thrown her.

Mi’Kyl stood before me, eyes a dark burnished gold. His fangs were clearly visible with the fierce scowl he sported, the sky blue of his skin now darker. It was ridiculous that even though I was sure I was about to die, I was still awed by how beautiful he was. His hair hung in midnight strands around his face, constantly falling into his eyes, haloing the broad expanse of his chest and shoulders. I was trapped in his gaze; unable to move or think properly with him so close. As I watched he closed his eyes, leaned forward and inhaled deeply. Wide-eyed I wondered what exactly he smelled that seemed to have him so enthralled.

Now would probably be a good time to try and find a way out of this. Trying to make as little sound as possible I stepped back slowly, so slowly… Mi’kyl’s eyes snapped open and landed on me. For one terrifying second we locked gazes; and then I spun around and tore down the halls.
I knew it was stupid even before I heard the earth-shattering roar that bounced off the walls. Even if I died, which looked inevitable at this point, no one could say I didn’t try. Heck I was pretty sure this was the fastest I’d ever run; ever. It didn’t seem to have much of an effect on him though since he caught up to me too easily and slammed me into the nearest wall.

Sharp pain shot through my skull as it bounced off the wall and desperately I grabbed at the hand that held me braced there. It did nothing except garner his full attention and have him hoist me higher up. I tried to wiggle away but at his threatening growl I stopped all movement and just stared at him.

His eyes held mine as he drew closer; I was pretty sure he could hear my heart thundering in my chest at this point. Tensing as his face passed mine I tried really hard not to breathe; but it all came rushing out when I felt the warm brush of his nose against my neck.

That…had not been what I expected.

Neither was the hand that drifted over my waist and settled on my thigh; expected I mean. His nose brushed my neck again and he inhaled deeply. Thoroughly freaked out I tried to see past him to find anyone who could help me but came up blank. I really should have been paying more attention to him because next thing I know he was pressed between my thighs.

I could feel every part of him from his chest to his thighs…and I mean everything. Call me stupefied but I’m pretty sure killing me was the last thing on his mind at that moment. As if to confirm this he ground into me. As in literally rubbed himself against me.

Gaping dumbly, I started when what I assume is his tongue trailed over my neck. Ohcrapohcrapohcrap. It all suddenly clicked what the heck was going on. Apparently Mi’kyl’s gone into his race’s version of heat. From what I’ve studied it happens once every 3 months and is usually controllable by locking the male in a room with his mate if he had one, food and water for about a week.

Mi’kyl groaned and thrust against me as I tried to force myself as far into the wall as possible…which really wasn’t far at all. It wasn’t that I wasn’t attracted to him; it was just that this seemed all kinds of wrong. It wasn’t a matter of social status or even a matter of hormones; it was the fact that he wasn’t even my own species. Heck I’d been positive they couldn’t even be sexually attracted to humans. I mean all the parts were there… it just hadn’t really crossed my mind.

The Alphora, his species, had been found on planet Jaezon in the Aurora galaxy 30 years ago. Things started off rocky but after a couple years we managed to reach an agreement. Earth couldn’t control the Alphora as they were superior in every way, and the Alphora seemed quite fond of us. There were still some critics and fearful people but the majority seemed more in awe of them than anything else.

They were humanoid in shape; major differences being their height (they were generally taller than us), the colour of their skin (blue), eyes (gold for royals and warriors and violet for everyone else), along with the fact that they had tails and fangs…and everyone’s hair was black.
In all the years we’ve made contact they had never, ever shown any sexual interest in any human. They’d remarked that some of us were beautiful but that was about it; which was why I was so completely shocked when Mi’kyl started dry-humping me in the hall.

Call me a prude but I’m 26 and still a virgin. Sure I’ve had boyfriends but I’m an old-fashioned kind of girl, i.e. I’m saving it until marriage. Since my days have been filled with studying the Alphora and relations with them it was no wonder I didn’t have a potential boyfriend let alone a fiancé. Good thing I didn’t because this would’ve been awkward…

“Tari…”

His moan sent a rush of hot air across my cheek and involuntarily I shivered. Apparently that was all the assurance he needed because he slid an arm up my top and the other one into my hair. He splayed his hand across my stomach the same moment he tugged my head to the side and ran his lips up the column of my neck.

Ok this was going way too far, “Mi’kyl I don’t think you should-”

He bit down lightly directly below my ear and I swear a shock of electricity shot from his fingertips on my stomach. Gasping and arching against him I bite back my groan of pleasure and desperately try to get away from him. I swear he hardens beneath me and his next thrust rams me back into the wall none too gently. Gasping I clutch his shoulders and try to elevate the pain in my lower back; while I’m positive he didn’t intend that to hurt he seemed to have forgotten that I’m human and not nearly as resilient as a female Alphora.

He nudged my head back and then bit me lightly under my chin; this time his hand was on my breast and the resulting tingling shock shot straight to my crotch. The explosion of heat had me rocking into him and locking my legs around his waist. He all but roared his approval and then there was a searing pain in my neck as he bit into it. Any hint of pleasure I’d felt was viciously yanked away as his teeth sunk into my flesh. I wanted to scream but it hurt so badly I couldn’t even do that. All I could do was hold onto him and wonder why he was doing this to me. Hot tears ran down my cheeks and I could feel every bit of skin they touched on their descent.

Gradually the pain died down and I was finally able to note that he was kissing the trail of my tears and stroking one large palm across my thigh. The tenderness of it all was shocking but not unwanted in the wake of that pain. He didn’t move from that position until my tears stopped, which actually made me feel safe and much better. As he shifted I looked up at him and noticed the pain in his eyes.

That wasn’t right. I hated seeing Mi’kyl anything but happy; mostly because we were such good friends. He had befriended me as soon as I met him, armed with a warm smile and reassuring pat on the head when I’d been nervous. He had always treated me like how I assumed a big brother would which was what made this doubly weird. Somehow reassuring pats and constant laughter at my stupidity didn’t quite translate to me shoved against a wall with what was clearly his arousal pressed against me hours later.

“Hey you ok?” Hesitantly I reached up and pressed my palm against his cheek. Instantly he turned his face and pressed his lips against my hand, eyes locked on mine. A sharp shiver ran down my spine and I know he felt it when his hand tightened on my thigh.

“Mi’Kyl-”

He growled and suddenly I was standing on my own with him crouched in front of me. Before us were Nykema and about six Alphora Warriors. They all looked worried and I really couldn’t blame them; Mi’kyl was known particularly for his battle prowess. I’d never seen it but I’ve heard about his battles from before they came to earth. Apparently his prowess is unmatched and he’s incredibly vicious when he has to be. Standing behind him I could believe it; he was so tense his muscles stood out in stark relief and the hallway was practically vibrating with his growl.

“We’re here to help you Mi’kyl,” Nykema murmured soothingly as she held out a placating hand. “I understand what you’re going through but you need to hand Tari over.”

Apparently he didn’t like that because he snarled and backed up, pushing me into the wall once again. Nykema stiffened and stood completely still. Behind her the Warriors fell into a defensive crouch while I just tried to peak around Mi’kyl.

“Big brother, please,” Nykema watched him beseechingly.
“Let me find you an Alphora female to help you-”

“No!” His voice is practically all growl. “Tari is my teskara!”

Dead silence follows his statement and while I have no idea what he just said; I know it’s very important. While we have been able to learn most of the Alphora language, there is a different version, spoken only by Warriors and the royals alike, that we are not allowed to know. They barely use it in our presence and even then only phrases or words so we know next to nothing about it.

However, at that exact moment Nykema rapidly began speaking it. Slightly in awe I listened to the exchange between the siblings, having no idea what was going on but knowing it made the other guys very uncomfortable. It only ended when Mi’kyl reached behind himself, grabbed me and hauled me forward to expose the bite on my neck.

“Chaa mona kaima allase fui!” His arms wrapped possessively around my waist and chest. “She accepts my mark so she is mine!”

Nykema shook her head in shock, “No. This is impossible!”

“Wait I did what?” Craning my neck around I try to capture Mi’kyl’s attention. “What mark did I accept?”

Something smooth and warm slithers up my leg and biting back a scream I look down to find his tail twining itself around my knee. He’d done this many times before but now it felt more…intimate. Maybe it was the sneaking suspicion I had that he was trying to push it beneath my skirt that made me antsy….

“How is this possible?” Nykema’s question is directed at me; although it seems more like an accusation. “How is it you accept his mark?”

Did they mean the bite mark? “I have no idea what you’re talking about. If you mean the bite mark on my neck I couldn’t exactly stop him…”

“No. The bite is only a means of transportation. You shouldn’t even be able to bear the mark unless you were compatible with him…and you are human! It isn’t possible!”
Well what does she want me to say to that? “Uh, sorry?”

Mi’kyl chooses that exact moment to slide his tail up along my inner thigh and rub his erection against my lower back. Inhaling swiftly I force myself to focus on Nykema and fight down the rush of heat that shoots through my veins. Eventually I’m able to choke out a plea;

“I’m sure this is all just a misunderstanding. Can we please go somewhere else and discuss this in a civilized manner?”

Mi’kyl’s movements abruptly stop, “Later. I have waited too long to find you and I want you now.”

That doesn’t sound very promising on my end. I turn desperate, pleading eyes to Nykema but she looks uncertain. No one else seems willing to step forward either.

“Brother, please,” thankfully she hasn’t given up yet. “Tari is not aware of all of our practices and customs. To take part in this without telling her all she will need to know will terrify her and you might end up hurting her. Let me at least have a few minutes with her.”

He’s silent behind me and I wait with baited breath for his answer. Eventually he releases me, so slowly I don’t realize it at first but then I’m free. Stumbling forward I’m about to break out into a run when he swings me around and then he’s kissing me. It’s hard and possessive and completely terrifying. I’m still stunned as to how Mi’kyl could’ve changed from so sweet and laidback to this in such a short amount of time.

When he lets go of me again he abruptly turns and stomps away down the hall, only pausing to call over his shoulder, “You have 20 chynos Nykema. If she is not in my room five chynos after that I will be coming for her.”

Ok, a chyno is roughly an earth minute so I have about 20 minutes to find out what the heck is going on here. I turn expectantly to Nykema who immediately grabs my hand and yanks me down a hallway. The others part and I can feel their eyes on me as we move through.

It isn’t long before Nykema pulls me into a room and pushes me down on a chair. Her face is set in a frown and I open my mouth to try and calm her but she just plows ahead.

“For some reason Mi’kyl believes you are his teskara; what I believe you humans would refer to as a soul mate. As such his instincts are currently demanding he mark you as his and consummate your bonding immediately. The fact that he is currently in alcosoh means his yearnings are so much more intense.

By the end of the night you will have mated a minimum of three times. Once to get you accustomed to him physically, once to strengthen the bond, and once to signify your mating is complete. It will hurt the first time because of your humanity; you are much smaller than an alphora female and less resilient as well. I have no idea how this could have happened. I like you Tari but your humanity makes you the worst possible candidate to be his teskara.”

Heck, I wasn’t about to disagree with her because I was in complete agreement. The idea of having sex with a normal man made me antsy but an alphora male? And not even a civilian but a Warrior? It terrified me!

“Do you have any questions?”

Of course I did! “Isn’t there any possible way I can get out of this?”

“No,” she didn’t even hesitate. “If you disappear he will tear this place apart trying to find you. He’ll never stop looking for you.”

“Can’t you lock him in a room with another female until this blows over?”

Nykema stared me down which gave me the impression that I had said something supremely stupid, “You know we do not believe in such here. Still, his craving for you won’t end until he has had you. It could drive him insane if he is kept from you for too long.”

Oh great, now I had his sanity to worry about as well, “I don’t understand how this could have happened. I’ve always thought of him as an older brother type and I assume he thought of me as a younger sibling. How could he have changed so abruptly?”

She’s silent for a little while before sighing deeply and resting her hand reassuringly on my shoulder, “An Alphora has never been wrong before in choosing its teskara. I believe that he may have had these feelings for quite some time but like me he didn’t believe it possible. However, with the onset of his alcosoh he wasn’t able to control himself anymore.”

I nod miserably, still in disbelief. I still have no idea why this is happening and the fact that I can’t do anything to stop it without hurting Mi’kyl terrifies me. I always thought that I’d be able to pick the man I wanted to marry…and at the very least that he’d actually be a man.

“Mi’kyl would never consciously hurt you Tari,” suddenly her eyes swing to the door. “Our time is up. We have to leave now. Just relax Tari.”

Easy for her to say, she’s been happily mated for years now as far as I know. She actually had time to date her mate and establish some form of romantic relationship before they were mated. Oh yeah, one reason I feel so comfortable around the Alphora is because much like me they believe in sex only after marriage, or mating as it is termed here. Mating is lifelong and taken very seriously. As far as I know, there has never been any instance of cheating especially since Alphora males are notorious for fawning over their mate. They hate to see them in any pain whatsoever so they do whatever they can to make sure they are happy.

Without saying anything else Nykema grabs my hand and hurries down the hall. I have to jog to keep up with her and by the time we reach what I assume is Mi’kyl’s room I’m panting from exertion. Nykema opens the door with a pass of her palm and I step in to see Mi’kyl’s gaze focused on us. He lets loose a deep rumbling purr and then stands. Despite my better judgment I find myself staring at his lean frame in admiration. He’s around 6’9 and pure lean muscle, his body a tightly honed tool he takes pride in. Standing there staring at it I had no complaints. He’d pulled his hair away from his face and it lay in thick ink black strands down his back. His eyes had darkened to a rich, molten gold that stole my breath as he moved closer. It just served to baffle me more as to why someone so beautiful wanted me.

As soon as he reaches us Nykema backs away and I hear the door closing and locking as his hands slip around me and pull me to him. I’m about to say something when his lips cover mine again and my voice dies in my throat. He’s gentler this time but I can feel barely suppressed hunger in the tightening of his arms. Again fright grips me but I’m helpless to escape his arms. I’m very near to being completely terrified when he drops his lips to press open-mouthed kisses to my neck.

“Relax,” his breath tickles against the oversensitive skin of my neck and as he asks, I try to relax. “I will not harm you Tari.”

End Notes:

And there you go.

Escape by Bajerie
Author's Notes:

I just remembered I hadn't updated in a while. For those who care I am so very sorry... I also realise that I really need to start posting happier stuff.

They were chasing her. She couldn’t see them but she could feel them around her, their breath too close to her neck, their voices taunting. Her heart felt like it would burst from her chest, her stomach was quickly filling with bile …

She was going to die here.

It was all but written in stone. Written by the male she loved the most. Despite her obedience, despite her loyalty, despite her love … he had betrayed her. Tears streaked down her face as a twig slapped her in the face, raking against her skin and causing blood to mix with her tears.

The day had begun with such promise. The two suns were shining brightly, the Orits were singing, and she would be having lunch with her beloved. Granted it was with her beloved, his most trusted soldiers and his mate but still; she was having lunch with her beloved.

Her stomach lurched at the thought of the other female who her beloved had called his mate. To be called mate by one such as him was a high honour. It meant his partner, his heart, the one whom he loved. All of it was bestowed upon the female he had been so enamoured with the first time he saw her in the marketplace.

He had made a complete fool of himself chasing after the female who had initially not wanted anything to do with him. But her beloved was beautiful and fierce and relentless and eventually the female had relented. Her name was Amarosa.

Amarosa was tall and lithe with golden eyes and skin dark as the molasses Vesen had brought her back from earth. Her dimpled smile and kind words made it impossible to hate Amarosa even if she had made it impossible for her beloved to love her back.

Still, she could not entirely blame Amarosa. Theirs had been an arranged marriage by her father in an effort to control the General. It was no secret the bad blood between the two males but she harboured no ill will towards the male who had repeatedly shown only defiance towards her father. In fact, from the first time his cold, dark eyes had landed on her warmth had blossomed in her heart and she knew, without a shadow of a doubt, that he was her mate.

The sentiment was not returned.

She could not understand it, it was unheard of for a bond to only go one way and for one of their kind to recognise their mate but not have the feeling, the knowing, returned. But then her beloved had always been different.
He ignored her all through their short marriage despite her repeated efforts to please him. He had not even bothered to take her maidenhead, a secret she held close to her heart in an effort not to bring shame to her family or her beloved. Amarosa though, she had barely made it through their wedding unscathed. A fake smile that made her cheeks hurt had sustained her throughout the marriage of her beloved and his second wife.

Something gave below her feet and she went crashing to the ground with a shriek of pain. Laughter bellowed from above her and suddenly they were upon her. Gargantuans were ugly creatures. They were all too long limbs and too big eyes, their vaguely humanoid form emaciated despite their infamous appetite. The fine hair that covered their bodies was a murky, mottled shade of greenish brown.

“Please, please,” she wasn’t entirely sure if she pleaded with them not to kill her or to kill her quickly.

“The General’s first wife,” one of the Gargantuans stepped forward, his voice pure honey. “Alone and defenceless.”

“Not for long,” she retorted shakily. “He’ll come to get me.”

They all laughed outright at that. It made her heart sink deeper.

“Come now Sweet. We all know that isn’t true. He had a choice and it wasn’t you.”

Her beloved had looked at her when they attacked. He had looked her dead in the eye and for one second she had dared to hope … but then that was snatched away from her when he scooped Amarosa into his arms and ran her to safety. Amarosa had been terrified but she had screamed and pointed; an ignored plea for the General to help his first wife as well.

Tears blurred her vision but she quickly wiped them away, “Will you kill me now?”

“Kill you now?” he blinked his huge green eyes at her and then smiled wickedly. “Where’s the fun in that?”

The first swipe of his claws caught her on the cheek and snapped her head painfully to the right. She shrieked but all they did was laugh. The second and third caught her in the back and then her thigh and then the others joined him and she lost count. By the time they had finished their little game she was a bleeding sobbing mess, crawling on the ground in an effort to get away from the pain.

Suddenly her head was yanked backward by her hair, “Tell me Sweet, what is your name?”

Through her tears she fought to get the word out, even now she was quick to please. That had always been her problem wasn’t it? She always tried to please the ones who hurt her the most. What was one last time?

“Tamu.”

He hauled her to her feet and then watched in amusement as she stumbled and swayed until she grounded herself, hunched but using her own strength.

“Tamu. I like that. I will remember you and your screams for many years Tamu. You have pleased me, maybe I should keep you.”

Her eyes widened in panic and desperately she swung around, trying to escape. Laughter followed her as she half-ran, half-limped away. Their blows this time were without their claws. They were painful and almost unbearable against her torn skin but she pressed on, sobbing and crying out for her beloved to save her. Their laughter intensified.

“He has left her and still she cries out for the General! See how pathetic she is!”

The last blow sent her careening to the side and out of the dense foliage of the forest. Gasping for breath she stumbled backwards, watching as they closed in around her.

“Maybe you should scream harder. Maybe the General hasn’t heard you!”

Even if he had heard he would not care. Amarosa was his primary concern and he would not come until he was sure she was safe. Even then when he came it would not be for her. It would be because the Gargantuans had dared attack him and his people.

She took one more step back and her foot met air. Her body pitched backward and over the edge of the cliff, the sound of laughter following her.

For one moment as she fell she saw the face of the General; but this time desolation and white hot rage engulfed her.

It Started Out With a Kiss ... by Bajerie
Author's Notes:

Hi! Been a while huh? I know. Well, this one was born from my fascination with Kit Harington and his hair. He is just too pretty for my peace of mind.

“Hey Aaliyah I need a favour.”

Quirking an eyebrow Aaliyah looked over to the agitated face of Demetri. He was a bit too close to her for comfort. They were acquaintances, not friends, and although he was very attractive it was still strange having him in her personal space.

“There’s this girl that’s been stalking me. We only slept together once and now she seems to think that I want a relationship. I told her I had a girl but she doesn’t believe me,” his smile would fool her if she wasn’t sitting listening to him. Even the way he leaned in close and wrapped an arm around her waist was affectionate.

“You slept with her and now you want my help deceiving a woman who might be perfectly nice? Why would I do this? It’s guys like you that ruin women’s lives.”

Surreptiously he glanced in the direction he had come from before grinning wider, “I was drunk and barely knew what was going on. Now she’s following me around screaming at me. I don’t need that kind of crazy.”

She sighed, already giving in. It was times like these she noted that she really was too nice and/or too naïve. He was a big boy. He should be able to fend for himself.
“If I find out that you’re lying to me I will hunt her down and tell her you’re madly in love her.”

“I owe you.”

Aaliyah rolled her eyes and opened her mouth to retort when suddenly he was there. Soft lips pressed against hers, caressing and teasing as he tilted her chin for better access. Shocked, her eyes remained opened for a second before she realised how weird it would look her panicking at her boyfriend’s kiss.

Still, he could have warned her.

One of his hands cupped the back of her head and pressed gently. As her head bent to his will the tip of his tongue ran along the seam of her lips. Bemusedly she opened her mouth and then was yanked lips first into his thrall when she realised that he was an insanely good kisser. His tongue (good loss his tongue) explored and teased, consumed and coaxed until she had completely forgotten that this was all an act.

Moaning softly she reached up to tangle her hands in the riot of curls on his head. His kiss slowed then and became drugging. It was like he was tasting her, taking his time to savour her. Aaliyah returned the favour by nibbling on his bottom lip and then soothing it with a flick of her tongue. This time he moaned.

“Demetri!”

Startled Aaliyah pulled away, inhaling deeply before tearing her eyes away from his to focus on the enraged woman before him. She was gorgeous; tall, svelte, with shiny brown hair and huge, green doe eyes.

“Can I-” she had to stop and clear the huskiness from her throat. “Can I help you?”

The woman turned to glare angrily at her before a smug smile skittered across her lips, “You must be the girlfriend.”

Aaliyah shrugged, “Yeah.”

Brunette’s eyes narrowed, “I’m Madison. The woman he slept with three days ago.”

Three days ago? Eyebrow arched again she turned to Demetri who was frowning at Madison. His face was still a little flushed and his lips red and slightly swollen. At the sight of him something clenched low in her stomach. She promptly shoved that feeling away and turned back to Madison.

“Yeah he told me about you. He was drunk right?”

“Is that what he told you,” Madison sneered. “He was sober enough to say he loved me. He was sober enough to say I was the best he’d ever been with.”

“I didn’t even know who you were until you approached me the next day! I still barely remember you!”

“What we had was special!” Her outburst caught more than a few people’s attention. “You can’t just use me and throw me away!”

“Calm down!” Aaliyah hissed. “Do you really want the entire campus to know that you got used by this guy?!”

Madison finally looked around and although she did seem a bit regretful it turned to fury again when she turned back to them, “I don’t care! He can’t just … do that to someone!”

It was the crack in her voice at the end that softened any annoyance in Aaliyah, “Look Madison, what he did was foul. Really. No one deserves to be treated like you did. You are obviously a beautiful, intelligent woman and you deserve much better than anything he could give you.”

Madison looked … a bit confused, a bit pacified, “He didn’t even apologise.”

Glaring, Aaliyah swung around and slapped Demetri on the arm. He cringed, looking at her warily.

“You didn’t even apologise!?!! What the hell is wrong with you!!!?!”

“I didn’t … I’m not …” Both of them were glaring at him. Sighing deeply he turned fully to Madison before standing before her. “I sincerely am sorry. I never meant to hurt anyone. Thing is I really was drunk and I didn’t know what I was doing. I love Aaliyah and I’d never do anything to willingly jeopardise our relationship.”

Her heart skipped a beat when he said that he loved her. It was all lies of course but still; it made her feel simultaneously warm and terrified.

Madison nodded, the wind apparently out of her sails, “That’s all I wanted, a sincere apology.”

Abruptly she turned to Aaliyah, “You shouldn’t stick with a guy who cheats on you. You deserve better than him.”

Said woman just smiled, “First time and he was drunk. It doesn’t excuse his actions but he already knows that if he does it again I’ll cut his dick off and shove it down his throat. Then I’ll leave him.”

Madison nodded, returning her smile. She turned to Demetri and narrowed her eyes at him before turning and walking off. Demetri exhaled loudly. His shoulders slumped like a heavy burden had been lifted and then he turned back to Aaliyah, a huge grin on his face.

“Thanks so much for that. I owe you one.”

Aaliyah shrugged before gathering her things, “You should be more careful who you get drunk and have sex with. I’m not gonna be around all of the time. And I seriously doubt a real girlfriend would forgive that so readily.”

“Yeah I know. It’s the first and last time it’ll happen though,” he murmured softly. “I’m not usually like that.”

“Good for you,” easily she hefted her bag on to her shoulder and nodded her head. “Well I’m off to class.”

One of his hands shot out to grab her wrist, tugging her gently back to him. Wide-eyed she watched as he stepped into her personal space again and lowered his head.

“It’ll look weird if you just walk off like that. She could still be watching.”

He cupped her chin and then pressed a soft kiss to her lips. And then another one. He was leaning in for a third when she laughingly held up a finger to stop him.

“That’s enough for now, we’re not staging some soft-core show here,” Easily she pulled away, sending one last smile at him before turning to walk away. “Bye.”

“Bye.”

Demetri watched her go, a thoughtful expression on his face as he brushed his thumb lightly across his lips.

End Notes:

Tell me what you think.

Unconditional by Bajerie
Author's Notes:

I've been meaning to write a story for Teen Wolf for a while. I started a few but none really stuck. This little snippet just popped into my head one day and I decided to share it with you all.

The room goes silent when she enters but she ignores it, choosing instead to search for Stiles. As soon as she sees him she exits only to come back in half-dragging, half-carrying a nearly passed out body with her. The girl she’s dragging doesn’t look much worse off than her. At least she’s fully conscious.

They all rush over then and the girl’s ripped from her arms with nary a care for Kristy’s own well-being. Kristy rolls her eyes tiredly and turns to walk away when a voice stops her.

“How did you get her back?”

She smirked then, even though it hurt. If nothing else they wouldn’t know how much pain she was in, “You don’t need or want to know.”

She made for the door again but another voice stopped her. Made her heart ache in pain.

“Kristy!”

Why him? Why did her heart seem so fixated on him no matter what she did? Why couldn’t she just be free of him?

“You’re hurt, let us at least check to make sure-”

“Don’t,” warily she forced herself to turn and look at him. “I am none of your concern. You got what you wanted; Malia is back, safe and sound.”

He looks sad and even though she wishes she didn’t, she aches to make him smile, “Not like this. Not with you coming back like this.”

Anger lances up her spine and makes her stand taller, straighter. She wants to attack then, hurt him for hurting her as he did.

“Don’t you dare stand there and lie. What did you think would happen? That I’d talk them into giving her back? That they’d return her out of the goodness of their hearts? You know what I am! You know what I was made to do and still you asked. You asked knowing I wouldn’t – I couldn’t say no to you. You used my feelings against me and you’d do it again if it meant getting her back. So don’t stand there and pretend to care when I know you don’t. Not about me outside of me having gotten her back. Not out of guilt. ”

She stops then. All of the anger draining from her suddenly and leaving a bone deep tiredness that makes her stumble. She has to leave now before she embarrasses herself.

“She lost quite a bit of blood and something might be broken. Check on Malia and leave me be.”

He calls her name once but she’s already out of the loft. The ride back to the house is done half unconsciously. She makes it to her doorstep before she collapses. When she comes to she’s still fully clothed but she’s in her bed. Angela will be pissed.

Tiredly she strips naked and then stumbles into the shower, shuddering as the warm sprays beat down on her bruises and cuts. Blood circles and then washes down the drain as she watches listlessly. She’s not sure how long she stands there before forcing her joints to move as she soaps and then rinses.

Her towel scrapes painfully against her body but she dries off anyway. Her reflection in the mirror catches her eye and even as dread curls in her stomach she walks over to look at herself. She’s bruised and cut; her skin a canvas of colours. There’ll be more scars. Her body is littered with them.

Turning away she grabs underwear and then collapses onto her bed after she dons them. Her head’s fuzzy and her eyes closing before she even makes contact.
When she opens her eyes again it’s morning. She feels disoriented, the kind of disoriented she knows only comes from a really long sleep. Rolling over she winces as her stomach cramps in protest. Pulling on her nightshirt she makes it downstairs where Angela arches an eyebrow at her before getting up to place tea in front of her. As Kristy sips it, she goes about reheating the soup she’d had waiting for her to wake.

“How long?”

Kristy’s voice is scratchy, achy from disuse. She clears her throat and looks at Angela who is frowning as she watches her.

“Two days. This is the third.”

Crap. She didn’t know she’d pushed her body so far, “School?”

“I let them know you were sick and might be out for a little while,” Angela hesitates then before continuing. “Was it worth it?”

Was it worth it? She didn’t know. He was happy now so that was worth something. She nods, digging into the soup as soon as it’s put in front of her. It’s almost tasteless; her stomach can’t handle much flavour after what her body’s been through.

“School?”

Kristy nods again. They finish eating breakfast in silence; Angela stopping to hug her before going up the stairs. Kristy knows she was worried. It was in the tightening of her arms around her. She’s sorry for causing her that pain.

Bathing still hurts, her wounds haven’t completely healed. Angela comes in with a first aid kit and helps her cover open wounds and put salve where it’s needed. A particularly vicious wound on her stomach makes them both grimace. Her skin only tolerates super soft leggings and an old, worn, plaid button up. Angela pulls her hair up into a loose bun and applies makeup to hide the bruises on her face. She even lends her, her favourite pair of shades to protect from the glare of sunlight on her too sensitive eyes. She hates this phase of recovery, when everything is extra sensitized.
Angela drops her off at school and promises to pick her up after. She’ll do that for the next couple of days until Kristy is well enough to get by on her own again. Right now she’s extremely vulnerable.

She has to check in at the office where she discovers Angela said she had a particularly bad case of the flu and fell down the steps in her weakened state. It explains her bruises. Miss Winters shakes her head in pity when she sees her and wishes her the best as she waves her off.

She makes it to lunch before she sees any of them.
Of course it’s Stiles she sees first, arm wrapped around Malia. The rest of the pack is around them, chatting earnestly about something she can’t bring herself to care about. She allows herself to watch him for half a second longer before finding somewhere to sit and eat.

After school, when she’s waiting for Angela, Scott and Stiles walk up to her. She isn’t aware of their approach which only shows how weak she currently is. They can’t see her eyes behind the dark shades and she’s glad for that.

“We were getting worried about you. You missed school for two days.”

She doesn’t answer, just stares out at the parking lot willing Angela to hurry up.

“I never got to thank you for what you did for Malia: for me.”

She moves too quickly to stand when she spots Angela’s car. Something burns and she’s on her knees, only they hurt as well. The two of them rush to try and help her but their hands only hurt worse. She wants to scream at them to stop but pain makes her throat swell. It’s Angela who stops them.

“Get away from her!” She screeches angrily as she practically throws them off of her little sister. “Haven’t you done enough?”

“We were just trying to help her up! She fell! We-”
But Angela ignores them, her hands hovering aimlessly until Kristy opens her eyes, “I know it hurts, but you need to tell me where.”

It feels like it takes everything out of Kristy to reply but she does, “Stomach.”

Quickly Angela lifts her plaid shirt to reveal the bruised mess that is Kristy’s torso at the moment. She glares at the guys when they gawk before scanning around them for any onlookers. When she sees no one she quickly presses her hand against Kristy’s stomach and concentrates. Her hand glows a faint blue before it stops and Kristy is getting to her feet.

They both ignore the two boys as they head for the car, get in, and drive away.

End Notes:

Thoughts? Comments?

This story archived at https://www.valentchamber.com/viewstory.php?sid=2787