Saving My Love by Jonara2010
Summary:

Two people falling in love by unexpcted circumstances. Showing their love through one of their eyes.


Categories: Original Fiction Characters: None
Classification: None
Genre: Drama, Family, Friendship, Inspirational, Romance
Story Status: None
Pairings: None
Warnings: Adult Situations, Work in Progress
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: Yes Word count: 9683 Read: 8322 Published: February 06 2014 Updated: June 24 2014

1. Chapter 1 by Jonara2010

2. Chapter 2 by Jonara2010

3. Chapter 3 by Jonara2010

4. Chapter 4 by Jonara2010

5. Chapter 5 by Jonara2010

6. Epilogue by Jonara2010

Chapter 1 by Jonara2010
Author's Notes:

So this is just and idea I'm throwing out there.

The day I met Carlton Wilson I would never forget. I was doing my morning walk with my headphones blasting. As I was crossing the street I only looked one way and then froze as I saw the silver Mercedes come to a stop. I could not move as I watched the owner of the vehicle come out of the car. A tall man well over my height maybe a head foot taller than me came walking towards me. I watched as his green eyes looked into my amber ones walking towards me.  The man was beautiful. A head full of curly blonde hair with a chiseled face made from the gods had me weak at my knees. Suddenly, I remembered my voice as I started to cuss him out for almost ending my twenty two years of existence. As I kept talking and yelling all he could do was just smile and looked at me. Oh what a smile he had those breathtaking pearly whites. He came closer to me and braced my arms holding me in place. I wanted to give him some more of my thoughts of his crazy driving. As soon as my mouth tried to utter another word he smashed his soft full lips to mine shutting me into silence. I could not help but to grab his hair and bring him in closer. I knew that this was a man kissing me for real, not like those other times with those sloppy boys who did not know what they were doing. This man was leaving me breathless, like I could not even comprehend my name. He pulled back from me and all I remember was what he told me.

"You are too beautiful to frown. I could make you happy for the rest of your life." He said as he was stroking my face with his smooth fingers.

That day was the start of something amazing. After that day we were inseparable never apart for more than a day.  I knew I was young and he was older than me by fourteen years but that did not tear me away from him. I was beginning my life while he was living it as a top lawyer but he told me that living at the top was rather lonely. We shared so much in common and so much dislikes it was crazy. He told me he loved me in a month and it was strange because I felt the same. He was my first love my only. I was so in love with him it was just indescribable. My friends thought he was too old for me, my mother thought he was married with kids, and his family thought I was a gold digger. But no matter what no one could come in between our love.

He was a sarcastic asshole while I was the spitfire that gave it back. He was calm and precise as I was a free spirit and wild. I was fire and he was ice. The feelings he gave me turned me into a girl into a woman. No one showed me more love than him. He spoiled me to no end as I refused and did not want to seem as a goldigger. He did not care he kept sheltering me with gifts until I finally accepted. It was three months into our love when he proposed to me. We were at our favorite place in the park watching the sun go down as I watched him bend down on one knee asking me to marry him. Of course I said yes he was the love of my life I felt in every bone in my body.

We were only engaged for three months before we eloped to Australia. It was just him and I and two random people for witnesses as we said our I do's. I was so nervous that day. The only reason it was just us was because our family thought we were rushing it and of course of the age difference and culture. He told me he would marry me no matter what because it was only me and him. The night of our wedding I was so terrified since I still had my innocence. He always knew I was a virgin and never pressured me. That night was the best night of my life. He was so sweet and loving as he took his time with me. He pleasured me till the next day arrived as we did not stop our love making.  He reputably told me he loved me.

Years later I was working but that soon halted as I had a dizzy spell and was rushed to the hospital. He came frantic looking for me searching high and low. As he made his way to me and embraced me with kisses and held me till the doctor came in. Neither he nor I were expecting the news that we were having a baby. I could still see his face as it lit up like Christmas as he twirled me around in circles saying I love you. When we got home he made love to me and cherished my body. As we kept progress on our bun in the oven we were shocked again to find out that we were having twins. The look on his face was priceless as he started to cry and thank god for our blessings. Months later I was in the delivery room with him by my side holding my hand and kissing my forehead as I was pushing. I gave birth to Anna and Adam Wilson.

The years were good to us as our appearance looked as though we were both in our younger days. Our children were teenagers well our oldest ones. We had three more children after Anna and Adam. Carlton Jr, Vanessa, and Tyler were the new additions. He was such a good father always preaching to them and giving fatherly advice. But no matter what he still made time for us. He would whisk me away when I was getting stressed or just brighten my day by reminiscing of our child free years. Eventually our family came to their senses when they saw that our bond was unbreakable.

 

Now here I am sitting in this chair listening to the sounds of the beeping machine. This was the last place that I expected us to be. I pictured us living in France like we always talked about when the kids were out of the house and now they were. It was just him and I in a big house. But now it was just me. I reached out and brushed my husband's hair as I watched him fighting for his life in the hospital. He was a shell of the man that I love. But regardless I love him and I just wish he would wake up to tell me too.

End Notes:

Should I continue? Or should it just be a one time thing I'm thinking maybe two chapters more.

What do you think amazing people?

Chapter 2 by Jonara2010
Author's Notes:

Thank you all for your suggestions. I'm going through a writers block with A New Home and this idea just popped out. So I do not know if I'm doing a full story or not but this will be finished regardless.

So Enjoy!

As I sat down at my vanity I pulled my hair out of the bun letting my hair fall over my shoulders. Looking at myself in the mirror my skin still looked radiant as when I was younger. Of course I had aged but I took care of myself most of the time. I was only in my early forties but I still felt like the young girl that I used to be. Only because he made me feel this way. I loved this vanity it was the daily routine of our lives. I would brush my hair while Carlton would put on his suit and take the brush away from me and start brushing then give me kisses along my neck.

The doctor told me that he was making some progress but was still in a coma. It had been a month since he had not woken up. Carlton and I were coming home from a charity event. He was driving and I was in the passenger seat. While he was driving we did not see an oncoming car run through the red light. The car was coming onto my side, but Carlton maneuvered the car so that he would take the hit. I knew he was protecting me, but I felt guilty that the hit was made for me. I was in a wreck the first couple of days never leaving his side. My children had to beg me to go home and rest. I could not eat or sleep he was always on my mind. The only reason I'm home now is because I needed to shower and get some more clothes so I could stay overnight. I got up from the vanity making my way in the master closet. I walked over to grab a pair of shoes and the black pumps caught my attention. They were the pumps I wore on Carlton and I's first date.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

25 years ago

"Mama! Mama! Where are those black pumps at?" I said as I was running through the house.

"Look in the hall closet Nessa I swear you just throw everything all around this damn house." She said as she was in the kitchen.

I looked in the hall closet for the black pumps. I swear I had them in my closet but knowing mama she always moves things in my room. I looked through all of the other shoes because someone had a shoe fetish well not me but mama did. I swear this lady has two feet and a billion shoes. Finally I found them and put them on, thank goodness because I looked at the clock and he was going to be here in five minutes.

I went to the bathroom to just put some finishing touches. I decided to leave my hair down letting my curls fall over my shoulders. I did a winged out eye and just some nude lipstick. I was a little hesitant about buying this dress because it was red. But the sales woman said it looked good with my skin tone so I agreed. The dress came down to about mid-thigh. I was lucky I was short but my thighs were big but muscular to all of the walking and my legs looked great with the heels showing off my toned legs. The back of the dress had a cutout of a heart so my back was out. As I walked back to my room to get my clutch I heard the doorbell ring and heard my mother talking to him. I sprayed some perfume and walk towards the entry way.

My nerves started to get the best of me as I was walking. I hoped he liked the dress I was so nervous. As my mother stepped aside to let me in front of him I felt him staring into my soul. He was wearing black slacks with a white button down. It was so simple but he made it look so sexy.

"You look gorgeous Nessa. Wow! We better get going the restaurant is about an hour away." He said as he grabbed my hand and walked to his car. I measly told him he looked handsome and he smirked.

He opened the door for me as I felt the nice leather seats of his Mercedes. His car smelled just like him some type of woodsy manly scent. All I knew was it smelt damn good. When he got inside of the driver's seat we took off. I kept asking where we were going but he kept giving me the same answer.

"Patience Bella." He said as he gave me his million dollar smile.

So I sat back and enjoyed the ride until about thirty minutes later we stopped. He got out of the car and opened my door as we walked to the restaurant hand in hand. Usually I would not be so touch feely, since I did not know this man, but I already felt comfortable. I noticed that the parking lot was empty except for his car. Weird.

"Umm are you sure this is the right place? The whole place is empty. Oh my goodness are you going to chop me up and eat me? Hell no you got the wrong one." I said as I was looking around ready to run. I knew this man was too fine for his own good.

As I kept talking I heard him laughing his ass off. He just kept looking at me and laughing. What was so funny?

"Nessa woman you are too much. I closed down the restaurant for the night. My cousin owns it and he owed me a favor so I'm not going to eat you. Unless you want me to." He said as he licked his lips looking at me up and down and smirked.

I had nothing to say so I just grabbed his hand as we walked inside the restaurant. Walking inside the restaurant was beautiful. It was dim and all of the other tables were put aside except the one in the middle. There were like hanging light fixtures everywhere. He pulled out my chair as we sat down. Not even five minutes a tall man with dark hair and gorgeous blue eyes came to our table.

"Hello beautiful I'm Marco the gorgeous cousin, I see you have gotten confused but that's okay sweetheart hopefully my food will change your mind." He said as he leaned down and kissed my hand, but Carlton snatched it away. "Carlito I was just being friendly but she is beautiful."

"Whatever Marco bring the food and keep your hands to yourself." Carlton said as he grabbed my chair and pulled it closer to him.

I was smiling on the inside at his jealous behavior it was so cute. When Marco came back he brought us this delicious pasta dish. It was so good and he was right about his food but I liked Carlton more. I was having a really good time with him. He told me that his family was Italian and half of them still stayed in Italy. He had a big family mostly made up of cousins. We just talked and laughed. I was happy that there were no other people in the restaurant because we were laughing really loud.

When Marco brought out the desert I was so excited. It had been forever since I could satisfy my sweet tooth. The desert were cannoli's.

"Come here let me show you how to eat them. First you have to suck the cream out." Carlton put the cannoli in my mouth and watched as I sucked the filling out. It was so creamy and good it was so sweet.

"Now take a bite." He said as I ate the rest of the cannoli.

"How was that?" he said as he kept staring at me.

I only nodded and smiled at him. We finished up and Marco gave us some cannoli's to take home. Carlton of course opened my door and I thanked him as he got in the car and we drove off. As we kept driving I thought he missed the exit for my house.

"I hope you do not mind, but I just want to talk some more if that is okay with you." He said as he watched me nod my head and he smiled.

I noticed that we stopped at a park. I was surprised that I never knew about this place. As we walked through the park there was a bench and a little pond with ducks and flowers. It was so pretty and there was a full moon.

"I'm having a nice time Carlton. This is one of the best dates I have ever been on." I said as I looked at him and smiled. I never smiled this much and I just realized that I was blushing.

"Yes Bella I could say the same. We may be years apart but you are the most unique woman I have met. I do not feel like I have to try hard you know. It's really refreshing to meet a woman who really wants to get to know me." He said as he grabbed my hand and I locked my fingers with his.

"I know most guys do not even care what I have to say. Well most men my age they just want to see if I'm going to put out. So I like that you are not pressing on me."

"When you are ready I'll be ready. I mean that Nessa, you are worth the wait. I'm going to tell you now since I do not like beating around the bush. I want you to be mine. So every day this week I am going to take you out until you say yes. So do not give me an answer tonight, because I want to show you the type of man I am."

I tried to nod my head to agree but he locked my head in his hands and kissed me. This kiss was better than the one when we met. He was kissing me like I was the only woman in the world. He savored my taste as I opened my mouth and let him in. He trailed his hands down to my hips and gripped them. His hands were big and they felt so good on my body. I moved my hands up and down feeling him and he was muscular. My goodness I just wondered what he had underneath this shirt. As I wanted more of the kiss he pulled back as both of us were now heavy breathing.

"I had to have a taste. You have been driving me crazy with this red dress. Damn let me get you home okay. Take my keys and get in the car so I can calm down a minute." He said as he held his chest.

I did not know what he meant but I grabbed his keys. I looked down and witness a huge ass erection in his pants. I chuckled and walked to the car as I waited for him to return. He came back in the car and we were driving to my house.

"All better." I said as I looked up at him and smirked then looked down at his pants so he could catch the hint.

"Tease woman tease. Just remember this day when you're going to beg me and I am going to remind you of this day." He said as he pulled up to my drive way.

Carlton walked me to the door and left me with a goodnight kiss as he watched me go inside the house safely. I looked through the peephole and saw that he was just pulling off. I walked inside of my room and undressed to my pajamas and crawled under the blanket.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Present time

I knew at that moment that man was going to be my future. I held the shoes close to my chest as I breathed in and out. I kept this shoes for over twenty years to remind me of that day. I had outgrown the dress over the years because my hips spread but these shoes were what made that day. I felt my heart ache as a tear came down my face. I loved this man with everything in me. I have to get it together before I make it back to the hospital. I grabbed my overnight bag and left out of the house to get to my husband.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

End Notes:

Tell me what do you think?

I like to know what if yall wer in her situation.

Thanks -Jonara

Chapter 3 by Jonara2010
Author's Notes:

Hope you enjoy school is trying to kick my butt.

I had been in the hospital for only three hours until the nurse came in to check on Carlton. It was time for me to eat lunch so I went to the hospital's cafeteria. Today they had some chicken salad so I just got some and went back to the room. Everyone mostly knew my name so they were friendly. The doctor told me earlier that Carlton brain waves were doing fine so if he ever woke up he would remember me. But things like this were only bittersweet, but I had to take what I could get.

I was not really hungry but I knew I had to eat something or the children would be worried. I pulled the plastic container off my salad and only poked it with my fork. I swear every little thing brought on something to remind me of Carlton. As I pulled a piece of lettuce to my mouth and started to chew, I thought about our first fight. I smirked just as the thought of the silly fought. Over the years we both had our rendition of it, but I knew mine was on the money.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I was on my way to Carlton's condo. I usually stayed there every weekend and had a couple of things there already. Carlton and I were only shy of a month in our relationship. A couple of days after our first date, he treated me and showed me that he was the man for me. He surprised me with a week vacation to the Bahamas and treated me like a queen. After that week, we were calling and seeing each other almost every day. I was already feeling those three huge words, but I was scared and never said them to anyone before.

Parking in Carlton's garage, I retrieved my bag from the backseat and made my way inside. Carlton gave me a key so I would not have to wait for him while he was at work. I called out his name because he said he was going to try and get off a little early but knowing him he probably was trying to get ahead on a case. I made my way up to the master bedroom and placed my bag on the bed while I put my things in the closet.

I loved Carlton's condo even if he did not decorate the house. Well except for his bedroom he did, but everything else he had an interior decorator. That man is lazy well just busy. Anyways he has a California king bed that I love so much. I get the best sleep ever plus a sexy man to cuddle with. He has a black and white theme in his bedroom. The walls are black while everything else is mostly white like his bed and carpet. I thought for a man he has really good taste. The living room was a neutral brown and the sofas a deep mahogany. I loved his kitchen with stainless steel and a beautiful granite countertop with and island in the middle. There was even a skylight in the kitchen. He had a beautiful view of the lake where the table was set up because we usually loved eating and looking at the view.

I decided to take a shower and get comfortable since I knew that he always stays an hour if he tries to get ahead of work. I already had my hair and shower supplies so I made my way inside of the shower and relaxed.

Getting comfortable in some shorts and a tank top I made my way towards the kitchen to cook. I seasoned up some steaks and put them in the oven because I knew that when Carlton would get home he would be starving. I peeled some potatoes and put them in the boiling water so I could make them mash. A salad would make the meal complete since I did not feel like making rolls. Usually when I was over Carlton did not eat take out and I was glad because he needed to eat some real food. I would make a desert, but we still had some cupcakes I made yesterday when I gave him lunch at work.

It had been five hours since I last cooked. I already ate and was now in the bed watching television. I called Carlton but his phone was off and kept going to voicemail. I was so pissed off the only thing that was keeping me sane was watching a pointless movie. He did not even have the decency to give me a phone call nor a text. It's fucking past midnight and his ass is somewhere left to be found. I'm worried about him and more importantly I'm having thoughts of him with another woman. I know his ass is not at the office and if he were he better not be with his hoe of a secretary. Every time I go to his office for lunch, that woman looks at me like I pissed in her cereal. Just thinking of them together makes me want to choke the shit out of someone.

While I get out of my violent thoughts I hear him coming up the steps. I do not even bother looking at him and I just continue to watch the sorry ass movie.

"Baby I'm sorry I'm late but this case is a big one and I had to stay to fix some mistakes. My work was due tomorrow so I had to finish tonight. I know you are mad at me, but we can talk after I get out of the shower." He said as he stripped and went into the bathroom.

I cannot believe this man. I knew he was not lying because he rubs his arm when he does. But he cannot expect me to not be pissed when I leave him messages and he does not even tell me he is fine. I watch as he gets out of the bathroom and put his dirty clothes in the hamper. He only wears his boxers as he lays on the bed and gets closer to me.

"Cara. Don't be mad baby I had to get this done. I saw your messages while I was leaving the office. I'm sorry baby please forgive me." He said as he tried to kiss me. I flinched and got up from the bed.

"I'm not mad Carlton. I'm fucking pissed the fuck off. I cook dinner for you and wait to be here for you when you get off from work. I figured you were working late an extra hour max. Then when I see that you were not home then I got worried. I'm calling you and shit but you don't even give me a text saying that I'm fine. What kind of bullshit is that? I swear I want to fuck you up right now." I said as I was pacing the floor until I saw that he got up from the bed.

"I'm sorry that you're pissed, but I had to do this. Yeah I should have told you that I was okay. But you knew that my work is busy and sometimes I have to work a couple of hours. You know where I am and my schedule so there is no mistaking that when I work, I work .that is what I signed up for. So when you are with me you sign up for it too you know that. Do not get pissed that I'm trying to finish my work and extra to spend time with you." He said as he got in my face and put me on the bed.

"Well I did not sign up to get neglected by my fucking boyfriend." I stormed down into the kitchen. I needed something to clear my head.

As strange as it sounds I figured the salad would have to do. I put some on a plate and sat at the table and started to eat. I knew it was like one in the morning, but this lettuce had to calm some nerves. As I was eating, Carlton came down and got himself some water and sat right in front of me. I stabbed the fork down as a chewed on the lettuce and did it each time as I stared at him.

"You know you are going to break that plate slamming that damn fork down." He said as he kept looking at me.

I shrugged and looked at him. I had a thought in my head and just smiled. I walked with my salad acting like I was going towards the sink and dumped it on his head. He turned around and I saw his green eyes get dark. Oh shit!

He went inside of the fridge and got the bowl of salad. I ran around the table and made a break. But my clumsy self-tripped over the rug and fell. It was too late he dumped the salad and put it all over me with ranch and all. He went held me down and started to tickle me. He knew that was my weakness. I could not stop laughing.

"Say you forgive me Bella." He said as he kept tickling me.

My eyes were watery and I felt like I needed to relieve myself. This is why I cannot be mad at him. The little things he does. I cannot stay mad at him long because he would not let me. He would not stop and I tried to hold it in.

"Okay! Okay I forgive you." I said as he got up and carried me to the bathroom and got me cleaned. I changed into one of his big shirts while I laid my head on his chest.

"Baby I really am sorry. I'm sorry I had you worrying about me. If I have to work late I will just call you and we can have dinner there. I cannot have you mad at me you know that. I love my job, but you come first. I do not want us to be like that me working late and you lonely. Never again Cara, I promise." he said as he pulled me in tighter and kissed me.

I nodded my head and we slept. Our first fight.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Carlton stayed true to his promise. If he had to work late he would come and pick me up and I would bring our dinner. We would eat and I would go to sleep until he carried me and we went home. I was never lonely and I was always put first.

 

It was getting dark and I crawled in the bed with Carlton. The nurses said it was okay and I had enough room. I held his hand as I rubbed his face until I went to sleep. 

End Notes:

Tell me what you think. 

i love everyones feedback so thank you!

Chapter 4 by Jonara2010
Author's Notes:

So here is the next chapter. Forgive me in advance. Enjoy!

It had been a few weeks since Carlton woke up. I was so happy, but the doctors told me he could not speak. It was hard at first since we had to go through another hurdle. Also, Carlton could not feel his legs so there was a possibility he could be paraplegic. I did not want to think of all of that at the moment. The only way that we could communicate was I gave him a dry erase board so he could write.

The children came to see him last week and were happy that he was finally awake. Anna and Vanessa were his girls so they cried and Carlton cried with them.  The boys comforted me and tried to stay strong, but that did not last long as we all cried together. They wanted to stay but Carlton and I both agreed that seeing him like he was everyday was going to be too much. Plus they needed to watch their studies.

It was time for Carlton to have lunch. He hated the hospital food so I just made us meals and brought them to him. He was still a little banged up from the accident, but that did not take away from how beautiful he was. He was truly a beautiful man and even though he had a few wrinkles and was older than me he still looked good. Carlton must have known I was thinking about something because I saw him write.

He gave me the board and I started to laugh. It read: stop staring woman and come give your injured husband a kissJ. I swear this man does not quit whatever he is going through that's what I love about him.

"You want to know what the best moment of my life was. I asked as I gave him his food. He shook his head yes and started to write.

Our wedding day. You were so beautiful baby. I never thought you would marry me not because I was white, but I was older. I always wondered was I enough for you and was I not boring while we were dating. Then when I asked you to marry me I knew that I was enough you know? When we got married I felt complete because I was so unhappy for so long I could not wait for you to be my wife.

"I always thought that I was so immature for you. I thought you wanted a worldly woman and plus I was still in school. I was so scared that I would look dumb, but you really helped shape me. I loved that it was always just us until we had kids.

+++++++++++++++

Flashback

Carlton and I were in Australia. We both could not take the negative attitudes of our family. After we announced we were engaged all hell broke loose. My mama was not speaking to me in the house and Carlton's family kept telling him I wanted his money. It was just a mess. Carlton was tired of seeing me stressed and upset and made the decision to elope to Australia. We were going to have our honeymoon here anyway.

I was in our suite getting ready. Today was our wedding day. I hated that I could not have my family with me, but I was happy and my happiness comes first. I always wanted a beach wedding since we didn't have a beach back home. I chose a long white beach dress that covered my feet since I wanted to go barefoot. My hair was in a curly state and was in a bun. I had white lilies in my hair made like a crown. I did not do much to my makeup just kept it natural that was the look I was going for. As for my bouquet it was also white lilies but had native flowers of Australia.

As I was doing finished touches I heard a knock on my door. When I opened the door a worker handed me a note and box and told me it was from my husband. I smiled knowing Carlton would only be my husband in a short time. I opened the letter first and smiled.

Dear Nessa,

My future wife I just wanted to ease your nerves before I see you. It was hard leaving you this morning to make preparations. I cannot tell you how happy I am to see you in a few moments and become my wife. I cannot wait to make a life with you and have you bless me with children. I need at least ten. So we need to hurry after the wedding is over. Anyways, I figured a bride needs something new so open and wear it for me when I see you.

Always in my heart,

Carlton

I held back my tears and opened the box. I laughed and saw it was another box, but I knew it was jewelry. Inside was a silver heart shaped locket that was engraved. It said my love is everlasting love Carlton. I hurried and wiped my tears and put it on. I looked at the time and saw it was time to leave I had been standing and looking at the locket for over twenty minutes. I looked at the mirror once more and grabbed my bouquet and left.

It did not take me long to get to the beach. Our hotel was right across form it. I saw Carlton with his white dress shirt and pants he had no shoes just like me. I saw our two witness, who met today and volunteered to be our witnesses. I walked further and nodded to the attendant that I was ready and he played the music as I walked down in the sand.

Carlton never took his eyes off from me. He held a smile so big the one that I loved so much. My heart was constricting from chest and almost felt like I could not breathe. I had to slow my breaths and calm down so I could make it down the aisle. I let out a long breathe as Carlton grabbed my hands as I faced him.

The minister said all that was needed to say by giving us blessings and following the scripture. Carlton wanted us to write our own vowels and I was so nervous to begin mine

"Carlton my first and only love. Some people might say that we are crazy for getting married after knowing each other for less than a year, but I think it does not take that long for true love to know. The first time I said I loved you I knew I would be saying it for the rest of my life. I hope that I can be everything you need in a wife. I want to have your babies, but not ten sweetheart. I know that you are the man of my life and soul and I will cherish you till my dying day. So with that I love you and I will honor being your wife." I said as Carlton began to speak

"Nessa my beautiful queen. That is what you are to me my queen, my world. I can't tell you how thankful I am for having you in my life. You make my dreams come true and make me want to give you the world. And if you won't give me ten children I will settle for seven. I will take care of you and be the husband and man that you deserve. You will not want for anything and neither when we have a family. My love for you has no bounds. You are my purpose in this life and I will take care of it. I will be faithful and true and never have you worry about my love for you. I love you my heart.

As we said our vowels the minister had us exchange rings and then pronounced us as husband and wife. Once those words were said Carlton kissed me liked never before and we could not stop the passion and fire between us. It was like no other I was finally his wife.

It was a couple of hours after our wedding and it was the big night. The honeymoon and I was extremely nervous but so excited. I had been waiting on this moment for so long with Carlton and I was ready. I was wearing a sheer baby doll white gown that fell at my knees. I had been in the bathroom for over an hour trying to calm my nerves as Carlton was waiting for me.

I finally left the bathroom and the room was beautiful. Soft music played in the background as vanilla scented candles filled the room. The balcony was open and I could see the ocean view. It was beautiful and I could not believe Carlton did this for me.

"Turn around love." Carlton said as I turned around and looked. He had his arms stretched out to me and took me in his arms. He only wore his boxers and had his muscular body on display.

"You look beautiful Bella I can't wait to make love to you".he said as he grabbed my hand and laid me gently down on the king bed.

He was on top of me caressing my body and sending chills through my core. Soft kisses against my lips and neck as I felt him gently move the straps of my night gown. He took his time carefully grabbing it off of me as I felt the chill of my naked body. He must have sensed it as he hovered over my body and warmed me up. Making loves bites further down my torso he opened my legs and attacked my aching core. Never had I felt such an intensity a rush. I grabbed his hair and held on as the waves of an orgasm crashed.

It was time and he gently rocked into me. The pain was horrible, but not long as the sensations of his movements caressed my body. We were truly making love as our eyes connected and never left. My vision was getting hazy as his movements were going faster. I felt this need and just let everything go as I cried out his name as my breath was shallow. He released his high as he flipped me over and caressed my back.

"I love you Bella"

"I love you too Carlton."

++++++

"I love you Carlton, so much." I said as I kissed his forehead.

"I love you more Bella." He said as he closed his eyes.

I knew something was wrong when he went quiet after he said that. I heard loud screeching noise and looked to see that he had flat lined.

"Baby No! Wake up!" I screamed. I ran and pushed a button for the nurse and they were on their way. "Carlton don't do this to me, don't leave me I can't live without you".

"Mrs. Wilson you have to leave so we can work on your husband." The nurse said as she pushed me out of the way and into the hallway.

I broke down and screamed. I starting crying and crying the next thing I knew I blacked out.

 

 

 

End Notes:

yeah a clifhanger lets' see what happens.

Tell me what you think as always.

thanks

Chapter 5 by Jonara2010
Author's Notes:

It's getting emotional in this story. The epilogue is next after this.

The nurse stuck me with something to make me calm down, but it just put me to sleep. Luckily they got to Carlton in time. I almost lost him. It's been about two weeks since he flat lined. I prayed for him every day and I do not know if my prayers were answered, but Carlton was talking to me. Right now I was in the room waiting for him to come out of the restroom. He was having problems with his left leg, but being the man that he is he did not want my help. I heard the bathroom door opened as he wobbled back into the bed.

As I looked at him he looked tired. Most of the time he would sleep and have his good days or bad days, but I would never give up on him. Giving up on him would be giving up on myself and I do not give up.

"Come here baby" Carlton said as I got in the bed with him and laid on his chest. I listened to his heartbeat flutter as he ran his fingers through my hair. He sighed and we were in silence for a couple of minutes.

"Nessa you are the best thing that's happened to me. Sometimes I would just watch you sleep and wonder what I did so right to have you. You gave me beautiful children and the best wife to me. You have stayed by my side no matter what. We had to fight for us and I'm happy that we made It." he said as he continued to stroke my hair.

"I'm glad too. You have given me everything that I ever wanted. Thank you." I nuzzled my face into his neck smelling his signature woodsy scent that drove me crazy.

"Baby I love you. I know it's been hard dealing with this. The doctors did not tell you this, but I'm having trouble with my heart. It still works fine and all it's just my heart is irregular. I did not want them to tell you because you have been through so much. Don't hate me for this I had to tell you on my own. The doctors said I've had it before the accident it's just that when the accident happened it made it worse. I have options and most of them are surgery, but a slim chance I will make it out of those. I'm telling you this now because I do not want surgery so my time is not guaranteed. That just means that we never know." He said as he held me tighter.

I just listened to all that he was telling me. I knew something was wrong because a car accident could not cause all of this damage. I can't be mad, but I want to be.

"You asshole." I felt the tears coming and let loose. I cried as I felt my heart constricting into pieces.

"Shush Bella it's going to be okay. Don't cry you know I hate seeing you cry baby. I know you love me, but I will always take care of you even when I'm gone. I just don't know when baby, but let's cherish what we have now. Tell me a story okay." Carlton said as he kissed my forehead and continued to stroke my hair.

+++++++++++

The twins were at their grandparent's house for the weekend. They both were five and energetic as ever. I guess they got that from me. Anna and Adam were being a handful especially now that I was pregnant with the triplets. This was a hard pregnancy for me and at only five months I was so huge. I almost passed out when the doctor said I was having three babies, but Carlton was so excited he was getting his little team. He was only off by two more, but that was not going to happen these three were the last ones for me. I was sitting outside on the porch swing waiting for Carlton to get off from work. I was happy that we could spend some time alone since he was finally done on this big case he was working on. He was so tired, but he said he would make it up to me.

I saw him pull up in the driveway and get out with his briefcase. He would always have that smile since the first day I met him. Every time he came home he had that smile no matter what.

"Bella what are you doing outside?" he said as he came and sat next to me.

"I'm just resting a bit since the twins are at your parent's house. I just needed some fresh air." I said as I laid my head on his shoulder.

"Alright baby. Well we have to get going before its late because the case is over and I have been planning on taking you somewhere. I already have our bags packed in the car so get inside while I turn everything off and lock up the house." He said as he kissed my forehead and open the car door for me as I got in.

I was so excited because I always loved Carlton's surprises. I just loved a surprise in general, but his were the best. I already knew not to ask where we were going because he was just laugh and not tell me so it was pointless. Carlton came back in the car and we left. I was tired from the twins earlier so I got some rest until we arrived.

"Come on baby we're here." Carlton said as he carried me inside.

"Where are we Carlton?" I asked.

"At my parent's Lake House but it belongs to us for now." He said as he led me into the kitchen.

Carlton sat me on the dining chair as he walked around getting our bags from the car and putting them in the room. He came back with and started to get things from the fridge.

"I already had the chef prepare food for us so we don't have to cook so all we have to do is warm it up. We are going to be here for the next five days. I know you have been stressed with this pregnancy and the twins so this is all for you baby." He said as he leaned down and kissed me. I started to cry. "Awe baby don't cry". He said as he cooed to me.

"Asshole". I said as I started to laugh.

"I know you love me. So sit back and let me take care of you and my bambinos'." He said as he handed me the plate of food and sat down with me.

I was full from the dinner. It was so good nothing was left on the plate. I swear this babies had me hungry all of the time. Carlton went and changed out of his work clothes since he wanted to be more comfortable. I heard music playing and it was our wedding song. Carlton loved him some Luther and our first dance was "Here and now", I let him choose the song as a secret.

"You remember this baby? Come here wife and dance with me." He said as he led me in the living room. I smiled as I clung onto him in his arms.

"Of course I remember love this is our first dance". I said as I smiled up at him. Luckily my belly was not that big that he could hold me a little close.

"You know Nessa I'm truly happy. I know I work hard and might come home late, but no matter what you just encourage me and support me. I really appreciate that most wives would yell at me to cut back, but you push me to be better. I love you." He spun me around and held onto my waist rocking with me.

"It's hard for both of us, but you know we never give up. Home should be peaceful and you work so hard for us and I thank you. You take care of us and that's all that matters at the end of the day. You work hard so that I don't have to baby." I said as I turned around and kissed him. Carlton always felt guilty that he could not always be with me through the day, but I always understood. The song ended and I could see Carlton's eyes were watery.

"I don't cry, but I cry for you Bella. I just love you so much." He said as we walked inside of the bedroom.

"I love you Carlton, I always will." I said as he laid me on the bed.

[End Flashback]

Those days I couldn't even describe. I know we weren't perfect, but in that moment I felt we were. That was the best trip that we shared I guess that's why I loved the Lake House so much.

"I loved those days with you Nessa. We got really close at the Lake House and I love when we brought the kids there." Carlton said as he kissed me.

"Yeah I know. I don't know what I would do without you. I don't even want to imagine what that is like. I just..." I said. I couldn't even finish.

"Please baby don't make me cry. I have to be strong for us. I'm always going to be with you taking care of you. I'll never leave you even when I'm gone. Always. "Carlton said.

"You promise?"I said as I looked at him.

"Always baby, I love you Nessa." Carlton said.

"I love you always Carlton". I said

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

End Notes:

Aww I love them, but the epilogue is coming next.

Epilogue by Jonara2010
Author's Notes:

I'm going ahead about ten years.

This was my favorite time of the year. Fall. The leaves change colors and so do people in your life I learned. Every day I come to the park and just sit on the bench and look out. I would say it calms me and gives me comfort. It holds a special place in my heart. So many memories have been made here. My first date, proposal, and three words were said. I usually see families come and go with their little ones enjoying the park and play. I loved hearing the laughter of children.

So many things have happened over the years. All of my children have graduated college and are starting to have families. I'm now a grandmother to three. It warms my heart every time I see them. Two grandsons and a little granddaughter. Usually I would let them come with me, but today I just wanted to be alone. Sometimes I needed that time to think about all of the things that have changed.

Carlton made it far through the years with me which I was grateful for. We spent a year together in Tuscany in the villa. It was just me and him. After he told me the news he was let go from the hospital a week later. He retired from the law firm and let Adam take over since he was capable. I loved the villa in Tuscany it was so beautiful. We were in a private area so no one disturbed us. It was better than the Lake House and that was my favorite, but we gave it to the children.

The year after Tuscany we went to Paris for about two months. Carlton was spoiling the heck out of me and I loved it. I knew he was doing all of these things because we didn't know how much time we had with each other. He spent much time with the kids and they were so grateful. When we told them the news they were so distraught it hurt Carlton so bad. All that night after we told the kids he was heartbroken and felt like a failure. I reassured him that the children would be okay and that just spending time with them would be enough. At least he was happy when three of his children were married and each had a child and was a good papa. Of course he spoiled the grandkids rotten and they loved when their papa did.

We had a scare about three years after that so he needed to take different medication. He hated taking all of those pills, but he would do anything to see us longer. The last trip we had was at the Lake House. He surprised me with candles everywhere and music and it was just so beautiful. Our last night I would always cherish with me.

++

"Carlton! Carlton where are you?" I said as I was looking for him through the Lake House.

I had just woken up in the middle of the night and I looked to see that he was missing from our bed. We had just made love a couple of hours ago and usually he would be out like a light. I walked around until I saw a light outside on the back porch. We would usually sit out on the swing and cuddle. I looked and saw that he was rocking back and forth just looking out.

"Baby what are you doing out here?" I asked as I sat down next to him and cuddled up.

"Nothing I just could not fall back to sleep. Sorry I woke you sweetheart." He said as he brought me closer to him, my head resting on his chest.

"That's ok Carlton. Tell me what's on your mind." I said as I started to run my fingers through his hair. He let out a sigh before continuing.

"I know I do not have long baby, I just feel it. I have made it with seven years of this and the doctor thought at three I would not have been here. I'm happy that I made it this far. We've had so much to cherish the couple of years. I feel a peace over me baby I can't explain it." He said as he looked at me.

"I know right now it's hard for me to listen to this baby. The thought of losing you I just could not do it. I know I have to be strong for us and the kids. I've had you for a while now and I'm thankful for that. All I want you do is hold me till I fall asleep. Can you do that baby?" I said as I looked up at him with unshed tears.

"Anything for you" he said as he led me into the bedroom. We made our way and I laid my head on his chest as he gathered me in his arms.

"I love you Nessa". he said as he kissed me.

"I love you too Carlton always". I said as I kissed him back with everything in me.

"Always Nessa Always. I will be with you always you are the love of my life always remember that baby."

That was the last night he told me he loved me. He died peacefully in his sleep. I think that we both knew it was his last. So when he died I knew I was numb. We had his funeral quickly so I wouldn't make it harder on the children and myself. People were waiting for me to breakdown, but I stayed strong and kept going. I knew the kids were worried, but I had to take care of everyone first.

When everyone left my house that day I went in my closet and grabbed one of Carlton's shirt and cried my eyes out until I fell asleep. The next day I went to the villa and stayed there for six months.

It's been two years since he left me, but I always feel he's not far away. So many times I think I see him or feel him. He was the love of my life and still is and will always be. People always see if I will move on and be with another. The answer is no he was all I needed. I can't even look at anyone else. He loved me so much and I loved him and he saved us. Sometimes I can still hear him telling me he loves me.

"I love you Carlton".

 

 

 

End Notes:

I hate I had to do it but I had to stay true to my story line.

This story archived at https://www.valentchamber.com/viewstory.php?sid=2874