Shades and Flavors of Chocolate by Jadedbylifesavedbygrace
Summary:

There are different shade and flavors of chocolate. some are more liked than others. some are similar but not the same and what some like others can stand. Take a chance and maybe you will find on you will like.


Categories: Original Fiction Characters: None
Classification: General
Genre: Drama, Family, Inspirational, Psychological, Romance
Story Status: Active
Pairings: None
Warnings: Extreme Language, Original Characters, Racism, Spritualism
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 850 Read: 5301 Published: September 19 2014 Updated: September 19 2014
Story Notes:

this story was inspired by the contrversy that was caused by SleepEasy in one of her stories. personally i loved it and think she is a wonderful writer. the reactions to that story had me thinking and this collection is a result. I make no promise about update because at the moment there are issues going on in my life and i will update when i can. the first two reflections are based on my thoughts. I knonw not everyone relate to my story but i do want to address things from the point of view of others. so if you have a suggestion please leave it in comments or pm if you  want and i will try to address them. 

Oreo by Jadedbylifesavedbygrace
Author's Notes:

this will be short reflections depending on my mood.

Oreo. Wanna-be. Traitor.

All names I have been called at one time or another. Of course, these are some of the nice names. The reason for the names? It is really simple actually. I do not fit the narrow scope of what being an African American woman supposedly means. I do not act "ratchet" or "ghetto." (Which is not a bad thing in itself there is just a time and a place for everything.) I usually use proper English and grammar and have been told by almost everyone that I sound like a white girl. I personally think I sound like I have some common sense but it is whatever. I listen to all kinds of music I just prefer not to be cursed out or told all I am good for is sex. Sorry if that offends anyone but I am not sorry about the way I feel.

Do not get me started on men and dating. For all the men out there just because I choose to not only date black men does not mean I have an identity crisis. All it means is that I am open to dating anyone I feel with a connection to. Second, just because I date outside my race does not mean I am not attracted Black men. Definitely not true, that would be like saying just because I like chicken means I do not like steak and vice versa. Variety is the spice of life and I am not going to miss enjoy it because it upsets other people. If I lived like that, let us just say life would be really boring and depressed.

It took me years to come to terms with the fact that I do not society's expectations and to be okay with that. In all honest it was not until I met my best friends. But now that I have accepted who I am, I refuse to allow anyone to make me feel bad about it. So for the people who think they have the right to tell me how to live my life. I have two words for you.

FUCK OFF.

 

This Oreo is proud of who she is and nothing is going to changes that.

End Notes:

please review

This story archived at https://www.valentchamber.com/viewstory.php?sid=3085