Clarke's Grove by Jay1113
RetiredSummary:

stories/1526/images/CG_-_smaller.jpg

 

Inside of Clarke's Grove, South Dakota, their lives soon to be college graduate Reagan Canes. Right outside of Clarke's Grove on the Native American Reservation lives shamans, mystical creatures, and more surprises that involve an unsuspecting Reagan. Ever wonder why you never finish in 4 years? 


Categories: Original Fiction Characters: None
Classification: None
Genre: Action-Adventure , Comedy , Drama, Romance, Science Fiction , Suspense
Story Status: Active
Pairings: None
Warnings: Adult Situations, BDSM, Sexual Content , Strong Sexual Content , Work in Progress
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: No Word count: 10715 Read: 23091 Published: June 26 2015 Updated: August 15 2015
Story Notes:

Wrote this a couple of years ago and now I'm re-writing it! Hope you enjoy it!

1. Chapter 1 by Jay1113

2. Chapter 2 by Jay1113

3. Chapter 3 by Jay1113

4. Chapter 4 by Jay1113

5. Chapter 5 by Jay1113

6. Chapter 6 by Jay1113

7. Chapter 7 by Jay1113

8. Chapter 8 by Jay1113

9. Chapter 9 by Jay1113

10. Chapter 10 by Jay1113

11. Chapter 11 by Jay1113

Chapter 1 by Jay1113

Reagan


Tonight was beautiful; the moon’s glow illuminated the night sky and caused the new fallen snow to glisten, while the surrounding trees waved in the cold winter wind. Although it was cold I was hot, literally and figuratively. I was dressed to the nines for my sorority’s formal. From my once in a lifetime poppin’ curls to the sexy red lace dress I was wearing, tonight you couldn’t tell me nothin’. However, although I was looking hot as hell, I was mad as hell too. My date, Mr. Chris De Luca, had me trekking outside in one of Clarke’s Grove’s coldest winters, leaving the formal…which had only started 30 minutes ago. We were leaving. The music ripped through the night from the the dance into the parking lot. This was supposed to be a night of fun and memories. Natural hair takes time man! And 30 minutes was all I got? That’s all? I would have had a better time with myself then the time I had spent with him.


Chris and I started hanging out over a year ago. I guess I can call him a friend, but at the same time I don’t know what to call him. When many saw Chris they turned the other way. He was 6’2 and quite muscular, but the most striking thing (which is what kept people away) were his hard wolf like brown eyes. Chris was very secretive and kept to himself. If he didn’t want to be bothered with you, simply put - he wasn’t. I later found out that was due to his family, or lack thereof. His brother left when he was younger, and his mom passed away years ago. It was only him and his dad. Everybody, including me, was surprised that our personalities meshed. We are complete opposites; plain and simple, I’m crazy. Although I consider myself an introvert, I’m also an extrovert. I have a small group of friends, the way I like it, but I go out and hit the clubs and dance my ass off with them too. I probably talk and overthink things way too much for my own good and I know tons of people on our college campus. But at the end of the day, I prefer to be alone. This is why I think me and Chris bonded…or so I had thought.


He’s been distant these last 3 months. I feel like I’m losing him. I’d be fooling myself if I didn’t say that I was developing something for Chris. But in the end I guess I’m not surprised, I knew it wouldn’t last.  I thought he was different. I looked up at his stoic face, guess I was wrong. We had finally reached his car and I went to get inside. His voice cut me from my thoughts,


“Reagan…”


“Mhmm?” I answered.


“Let’s dance to this last song.”


I frowned. “I really don’t…”


Before I could give my rejection, Chris had me snugged up against his hard chest, hands around my hips, and we were slow jamming to the throwback, “They Don’t Know”, the DJ was playing. I eventually placed my hands around his neck and at 5’7 my head fit perfectly at his chest. He smelled like pine. He held me tight and it felt, well it felt nice. We swayed back and forth, back and forth. It was a dream, everything was perfect. However, dreams do come to an end.


The song started to change little by little into the fast-moving song, “Bring It Back”. Any other time I would be jamming my butt off to this song, but I held back my booty shaking and wining.  He stopped moving. I keep my head on his chest to avoid his gaze.


“Reagan,”


I shuddered from the cold and stepped back to look at him. He took off his suit jacket and put it around me.


“Let’s go,” he said.


He opened my door and I got in. He walked around, got in, and we drove off. The car was horribly silent until he spoke.


“Reagan, I know that we have known each other for a short time. But, there is something you need to know.”


“Chris, I already know where this is going. You’ve changed or maybe you haven’t. These last couple of months you’ve been distant. I thought…I have done nothing but been there for you. I’ve tried to understand you but, if you won’t let me in I can’t help you. And I’m not going to beat a dead horse. So that’s fine…”


I looked over to him and there was a smile on his face.


“And this is amusing to you?”


“Well, maybe if you allowed me to finish, everything you said was true. But, has nothing to do with what I’m about to say.”


The car stopped.


“Why did you…” I didn’t finish my sentence.


 I looked out the window and a huge cabin-like house stood before me. It was at least 3 stories and I wondered how I had never seen it in Clarke’s Grove. Clarke’s Grove is a small town in South Dakota where you can walk to one side of the town to the other in 2 hours give or take. This guy, Thomas Boyle – I think, had nothing to do and one day he made that trip, got in the Guinness Book of Records so I guess it was worth it. Any who, the reason why Clarke’s Grove is one of the smallest towns in the nation is because the land that used to be part of the town, was added to the Crow Creek Moosi Tribe’s Reservation about 50 years ago. Never been out there, but seeing that I have no clue where I am…I think I have now.  It was surrounded by trees and farmland. In the distance, I could see horses galloping near stables. My eyes never left the scene when I asked,


 


“Is this your house?” 

Chapter 2 by Jay1113
Author's Notes:

Since you asked :). My updating for this story will be about 1 -2 chapters a week, just an FYI. Enjoy!

So many thoughts ran through my head. Why is he bringing me here, I’ve never been to his house before, why now?

“Yes,” his words cut me from my thoughts, “I want you to meet my famiglia”.

I didn’t understand how we had gone from me on the verge of ripping into Chris, to me meeting his family. I looked at him like he was crazy, “Just your dad right?”

He laughed nervously, “Yes, my dad of course…and my older bro.” He whispered so I couldn’t quite hear him but I was pretty sure I heard him correctly.


I tried to look at him for clarification but to no avail, as he avoided my gaze. I was about to start making that long 2 hour walk to the other side of town because last time I check I didn’t sign up for this again.

“So, I’m gonna leave,” I said as started grabbing my stuff to bolt. “Let’s just end this here, I’m not dealing with someone else that takes my kindness for weakness. And you knew that. So…deuces!”


Chris grabbed me by arm before I could open the door. He looked straight into my eyes.

“Listen, I’m not lying but, I haven’t been honest with you; but there is a reason.” He grabbed my hands. “There is something I have to tell you and just listen this time. I know you just love interrupting me or assuming things. And you know what they say about people who assume things.”

 He smirked and wiggled his eyebrows. I glared at him trying to lighten the mood; he continued.

“Don’t get freaked out, I know what I’m about to tell you sounds crazy but, it is the truth. The thing is my family is unique, different from other families. My Par-… ”


A noise on my side of the car interrupted him. I looked out the window and saw a fluffy brown cat, “Meoooooow, meooooow”.

“Aww!” I was just about to open my door to get it when Chris spoke,

“Stay inside.”

He got out the car and started walking towards my side of the car. I laughed to myself. Now I was still pissed at him and I know he did not just order me around. An order that of course I was going to follow, Haha, eh no. I opened the car door.

Chris gawked at me. “Do you ever listen? I thought I told you stay in the car.”

“That’s what you get for thoughtin’.”

“That will get you in trouble one day,”

I smiled at him, “Guess, what? One day isn’t here, today is.”

“Meow,” I looked at the cat and scooped it up into my arms. He was a handsome cat with coal eyes and a French roast coat. I would name him Peanut.

“Is this your cat?” I asked.

“Yeah”

 “What’s his name?”

 “DM”

 I looked at Chris, “Really, what’s it stand for?”

Just then a black cat ran out from the front door and stood by Chris’s feet. I nodded to the new cat,

“SM,” he said.

“You got some weird ass cat names.”

 He started up the stairs to the house. I walked up the stairs behind him with the purring DM who was playing with my hair. All I could think about was DM and SM…sounds like some BDSM gone wrong. I’d have to keep my eyes on Mr. De Luca, not trying to end up in a 50 Shades of Grey rewrite.

Chris smiled and opened the door, leading me into the house.

Chapter 3 by Jay1113
Author's Notes:

Figlio - Son

15 minutes earlier at the De Luca house…


Enzo De Luca was not ready for tonight; all he could do was think. He was happy for his brother and all but, being what they were; trouble or unhappiness was always right around the corner. He just recently experienced this. How could someone’s happiness be gone in a blink of an eye? She was his world, his everything, his future wife. And she was gone, all because.....but, that didn’t matter now he thought. He didn’t want, couldn’t let, the same thing to happen to his younger brother.


Enzo left his room and began to descend down the stairs. He made his way into the family room. Though sadden by how he had to come back home, he had missed this place and was happy to see familiar faces. His father was sitting in the chair near the fireplace adjacent from their close family friend, Sun Moon, who sat on the floor looking up at his father. Enzo could tell they were talking but, about what? He had no clue. And he knew there was no point of trying to enter their telepathic conversation, it was futile. Although, he had the same ability, his dad could always block him out.


Papá,” he said.

He looked at his father’s appearance. Hardly appropriate for meeting his son’s possible girlfriend.

She’s not right for him figlio,” his father said.

“So you were in my head again? I really wish you wouldn’t do that,” Enzo said. Although, he couldn’t get in his father head, his father sure could get in his.

“Well, we were blessed with this gift so, why not use it? Just because, you can’t get in my head unless I allow it, doesn’t mean I won’t get in yours. That’s what I’m here for, bambino. To invade your privacy but, always with good reason.” His father said with a smirk. He got out of his chair and headed to the kitchen. Enzo followed.


“Oh, and I look fine for tonight,” his father added.

“Why don’t you think she is right for him, you haven’t even met her?” Enzo said, watching his father take out the leftovers for Sun and his son. “And you know they can’t eat that when she is around.”

“Well,” his father started completely disregarding his son’s last statement. “Because a parent just knows, I’m not sure if she will be able to accept this lifestyle. But I do feel like she will be a part of our lives in one way or another.”


Enzo looked at his father. He may have been right but, whoever this girl was, she was important to his brother and that was the most important thing right now. Maybe she wasn’t right for him but, something was up with her in order to have Chris acting this way. “What do you mean?”

The conversation was interrupted by a whirlwind of angry emotions that hit Enzo and his father. He stumbled back. Well, I guess Dante is home.

The angry emotions that hit Enzo walked through the door in the form of a large light brown cat.

“Hey Dante, what’s wrong?” Enzo spoke telepathically.

Dante replied, “I hate all humans they are all alike; all they do is take up space and destroy things that stand in their way! They are destroying our home and the tribe is having to move more towards the outskirts of the woods! When the humans and the Moosi meet… trouble will ensue and I will do anything to protect my people, no matter what.”


“Now, now my son”, said Dante’s father, Sun, who had been listening to their conversation since Dante had come in. “You must not judge all because of one’s actions. That is the problem with humans now. They separate themselves from each other and judge each just because of skin color. But, at the end of the day they all just humans no matter what size, shape, or tongue.”

”Your dad’s right D, you should listen,” said Enzo.

 

“That may be true, but, I have yet to meet one who is not like the rest. And dad you need to speak to the tribe.” Dante left his father and his friend in his angry wake.

Chapter 4 by Jay1113
Author's Notes:

Enjoy! Might surprise you here :)

Dante
Seconds before…

I can’t believe this crap. How is the future alpha supposed to deal with this shit! The humans are just asking for a bite in their ass.

“Something wrong?” came a voice from out the woods.

“Jace?” I growled.

It had been a long day. I was still in my true form and just wanted to get home. The tribal meeting had kicked my ass and I still don’t know what to do….actually I do. That was what the whole meeting was about – me. In order to stop the humans, I must be at my full strength; mind, body, and soul – the only way to get there – find my mate. And for damn sure it’s none of these power-hungry whores. All the Moosi women wanted to do was move up the social ladder and the Alpha was the way to go. Whether they felt a connection or not. That or they completely forget where they came from and married a human, never returning and keeping their true selves from their betrothed. I would never do that, marry human, what do they see in them? But, sadly I will have to find the one sooner or later. Unfortunately, sooner has come. Chief Black’s warning buzzed in my head, “Mate or alpha will go to someone else.” 

“Dante,” came the same voice, this time closer and more urgent.

I turned to look. It was my rival for alpha, Jace Sixu.

“What do you want Jace?”

“Just to see how the search is going you know, finding you mate and all,” he said smugly.

“It’s going great.”

“Well, that’s great then I guess I don’t have to give you the message the chief asked me to bring.”

“What are you talking about, Jace?” I growled.

“I just told the tribe that the humans are getting closer and we need a leader. If you can’t find a mate soon I will graciously take the stress off of you and be alpha. You have 8 months to find a mate but, wait, you already got a lucky lady right?”

Jace circled around me, “What’s wrong you look pale?”

I was fed up with his shit and pounced on him. I dug my claws in to his side, he laughed and threw me on my back and put his claws to my throat.

“See I have my mate, I’m complete. Maybe, just maybe if you had your mate you would be almost good enough to compete with me. But, you’re a worthless piece of shit that will never be a good enough alpha. I will surpass you. Always.”

 Jace took his paw away from my throat and started to leave.

“You have 8 months don’t forget”.

I was pissed the fuck off and I had to get away before I did something I couldn’t take back, not that I would regret it. Inside I went, leaving what I love the most, the outdoors, and go into the confines of my second home. 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

After the run in with Jace and the “Humans are Friends, not Food” spiel from my dad and Enzo, I really just wanted to tear into something, damn, anything at this point. I started heading to the stables for a late night snack, but the smell of sweet citrus and warm vanilla racked my senses. The fwhat is that? I have to find it. I wanted to morph into my true form to have full range of my heightened senses, but since Chris had some stinky human coming over soon I decided against it. In all of my 24 moons, I had never experienced what I was experiencing now. I was getting closer to the scent, I stalked outside and came to one of the Audis we owned. Woosh. The Light of Luna blinded me. I felt invigorated and for once in a long time, I felt at peace. My true form, my panther urged to be released and it roared, but it came out as a “meeeeow”. When Luna’s Light disappeared and I had my senses back, I was in the arms of woman. My mate. I listened as Chris told her my “pet” name and then my father came from out the house.

“You have found your mate,” he stated.

“Guess I’ll be Alpha after all,” I smirked.

“That’s only if you can accept her and her you. Did you smell her scent?”

“Um yeah,” I said as I inhaled the scent coming from her hair. “Lemony, sweet, vanilla…human? She couldn’t be. Father, I hate humans.”

We had made it inside and the woman had put me down, unwillingly it seemed. She looked at me and smiled, scratching under my chin. So beautiful I thought, as I admired her hazelnut skin.

“Hate is a strong word Dante,” my father smiled and made his way over to where the woman was introducing herself to Enzo and Ray.

“Hi I’m Reagan,” she smiled a smile that could kill.

Reagan, Reagan…I have to meet her.

 

I sprinted upstairs to the 3rd floor and changed into my human form. I grabbed and threw on my plaid button up and some cargos. I checked myself in the mirror. I scoffed at myself. Trying to make sure I looked good for a human, ha. “She’s not just a human, she your mate,” my panther echoed. I focused on my 6’1 frame in the mirror, I pulled my black neck length hair into a bun. I stared into my reflection, ready or not Reagan, here we come.

Chapter 5 by Jay1113
Author's Notes:

Gotcha didn't I? Haha, enjoy!

Reagan

I had just got done talking with Ray, Chris’s dad, and Enzo, Chris’s brother, about their property. They owned over 100 acres and it was sprawling with wildlife. They told me to always be careful whenever I came here (If I came back). Chris’s family invited me to stay the night due to the increasing winter storm happening outside and I reluctantly said yes. I did not know these people for all I know they could be ax murders. However something was telling me to stay, so I did. I was sitting in the den waiting for the De Luca’s to get back from wherever they had gone to prepare my room, when I heard something upstairs. Being the nosy parker that I was I made my way upstairs with SM following me along the way. I wonder where the cute brown one went. I reached the 2nd floor and I looked at the items that covered the walls. Panthers, Native American looking tribal art, and animal hides were plastered throughout the hallway. I thought they were Italian. I reached another set of staircases and made my way up them. At the top of the stair there was a door with some of the same tribal markings that I had seen downstairs, but this time they had some type of language also mixed in with it scrawled across the door. I felt something drawing me to open the door, in all honesty, it felt other worldly. Being the smart black person that I am, I know that the black person - especially the female - dies first. So, I turned around to exit when the door busted open and I felt all of the wind being knocked out me.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

“Shit, sorry dad,” the man who was on top of me said.

“Do I look like a man to you?” I question, attempting to get up with the extra ton that I felt was on top of me.

The man moved over and helped me up. “Sorry, Ms….?”

“Reagan.” I said as I fixed myself, “And you?” I said looking up.

My eyes caught his and it was like staring into a warm embrace. The De Lucas’ didn’t mention any other De Lucas’ in the house, so who the hell was this. My hand, on its own accord, went to touch his face. I ran my fingers across his jawline which was so defined. He grabbed my hands and placed them over my head and pushed me on the wall adjacent to the now open door. I should have felt scared but I didn’t and that’s what scared me. He leaned in close to my ear and whispered,

“Dante. My name is Dante, Reagan. And I’m so glad I’ve met you.”

He pulled back from by ear, and kissed me! He kissed me and somehow my lips started moving too and I kissed him back! I was in a trance and didn’t know what was happening, but at the same time I didn’t want it to stop. He let my arms go, which allowed me to wrap my arms around his neck, deepening the kiss. Taken by surprised, he bit my lip causing me to gasp allowing his tongue to snake into mouth. We fought a battle of dominance and I let him win. My hands were all over his body now and he had his hand rested against my neck, periodically squeezing it, literally taking my breath away. Each time he did that I dug my nails into his back releasing what sounded like a growl? It almost sounded primal. He lifted me off the ground and I wrapped my legs around his waist. Dante licked and bit at my neck and I loved every moment of it until…

“And that’s all I remember” I said telling Mr. De Luca that the only thing I remembered was meeting someone named Dante and then I woke up in this room where I was brought to after I fainted.

“Ah, yes. Dante and his father, Sun, live on the 3rd floor of our house. You must have made your way up there somehow.” Mr De Luca said, the puzzled look that crossed his face did not go unnoticed.

“Well, thanks for finding me. Where’s Chris?” I asked.

“Well it is 3 a.m.” He laughed at my realization of the time. “Yeah, so I sent him to bed and told him I would watch you, but you should go to sleep now okay sweetie?”

“Thank you,” I yawned.

 

Mr. De Luca patted my shoulder and next thing I know I was knocked out – thinking about Dante.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Dante

“What the hell was that you ungrateful piece of cat shit?!” Chris yelled at one of his closest friends.

“Bro I’m sorry, but it’s not what you think. Sh-”

Enzo, who had been holding Chris back while his father and my dad went to check on Reagan, went flying back against the wall when Chris rushed me.

“Shit,” I said as I recalled moments before.

“What…what is happening to me?” Reagan said breathlessly “Who are you?”

“I’m the thing that you’ll think about before you go to sleep and right when you wake up” I whispered as I kissed and licked at her clavicle.

She moaned against my neck, causing me to bring my attention back to her lips. She was driving me wild, biting my lips and scratching my back, and it was starting to show.

I placed her feet back on the floor and continued my onslaught on her lips. I pulled back from her and stared at her face. Nice sized lips, cute button nose, and thick long lashed almond eyes. Beautiful and mine.

“Mine” I said as went in for another kiss.

“Really?! What the fuck man?” Chris yelled

Reagan looked up at Chris with wild eyes then her eyes fluttered close as she slumped into my arms.

“Reagan!” we shouted in unison.

Chapter 6 by Jay1113
Author's Notes:

"Otaktay" - Kills many

Chris socked me in the face for the third and last time. I was letting him get his frustrations out because  I could easily take him down and ruin our friendship more, but instead I just let him.

 

“Guys, chill!” Enzo yelled.

 

I rushed Chris into the wall, leaving a dent. We both made an ‘Oooof’ sound from the impact.

 

“Calm the fuck down and listen Chris!” I yelled, “I didn’t mean to do what I did, but it’s not like I had a choice.”

 

“What are you talking about?” Chris asked, clearly itching to lay one into me.

 

“She’s –”

 

“She’s his mate, destined by the Light of Luna.”

 

We all turned to look at my father, who spoke, and Ray who just walked into the den.

 

“Yeah, what he said. I’m sorry man.”

 

Chris backed away from me and punched a hole into the wall right by my head.  “I really didn’t expect your mate to be my...her. I understand, but just give me time.”

 

Chris walked out of the room and his father and Enzo followed.

 

My father spoke, “Well, this been an eventful night. Don’t beat yourself up about it too much, this is predestined and there is nothing you could have done. But I guess Chris did his job unknowingly.”

 

I nodded. My father was right, but I still couldn’t help feeling shitty. I also couldn’t help wanting to check in on Reagan.

 

“Yeah, I know. Thanks dad” I mustered up a smile and headed to check on Reagan.

 

I tried to avoid Chris as I walked past the kitchen, which was successful, but did overhear the De Luca’s conversation.

 

“I know that you’re upset son, but this is what we do as Shamans. We find the Otaktay their mates, it keeps order. They protect us, we protect them, and that protects the humans.”

 

“Protect us from what? We haven’t been hunted for years. That’s an old tradition and no one understands why we still have that. It seems like we are helping them more than they are helping us.”

 

“You just need to calm down son,” Ray said, “once something leaves you’re mouth you can’t take it back.”

 

I stopped ease dropping and headed to Reagan’s room. I cracked open the door. Haha, this girl was sprawled all over the bed, pillows on the floor, and limbs everywhere. “I can’t wait to have her sprawled out in front of me one day.” Completely ignoring him, I went to pick up a pillow by her bedside… a drool stain created a nice little river down the pillow. Isn’t she cute, this time I had to stifle my laugh. Or I thought I had. As I went to place the pillow back on the bed, she was staring at me wide eyed.

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

 

Reagan

 

I was having some good sleep until I heard the door crack open, see Dante walk in, and chuckle at me sleeping. I am not a morning person or wake me up before I’m ready to get up person, and I was about to let Dante know this. Then suddenly I remembered everything that occurred a few hours before. Oh My God. Embarrassed I threw the covers over my head.

 

“Umm, can I help you?” I said stifling a yawn, “Also, side note I have no clue what that was. I am not a hoe. Thatthat was such a hoe thing to do. Oh my god. Chris! What the heck was -,” I was officially rambling and freaking out which is the norm for me.

 

Dante was laughing. I peeked from under the covers and got a pretty good look at him this time. Tall, brown skin, black hair in a bun, and wolf like eyes like Chris’s but almost the color of coals. So he is hot as hell, I’m definitely on the reservation, and I wonder if he and Chris are related. Oh yeah…who the heck is this kid? I threw the covers off and got up in his face. “Who are you, why are you in this room, and what right do you think you had to kiss me?”

 

Dante had stopped laughing by now and the look in his eyes…it was hungry. And it was directed at me. He licked his lips and got real close to my face. I scooted back.

 

“Like I said earlier my name is Dante, last name Moon, my father and I live here with the De Luca family. My father and Chris’s father are like brothers so when both of our mothers died, they moved us in together. I’m checking on you because you fainted in my arms and I was worried. Also, I can’t answer that last one right now. By the way you’re not a hoe, you just made a mistake. Right?”

 

I bite my lip, “Sure did.” Liar, liar, pants on fire!

 

“Okay then,” He smiled. “How do you feel?”

 

“I’m fine now, I have never fainted before so I don’t know what happened. I also never went out with one person and kissed another in the same night either.”

 

He gave me warm, consoling eyes, “Don’t beat yourself up. Just talk to Chris about it.” I nodded. “He’s on the 2nd floor, 2nd door to the left. Ray left you some clothes to wear over there and the bathroom is through there.”

 

I smiled, “Okay and thanks.”

 

Dante started to leave, and then turned back around. “Can I kiss you again?”

 

My mouth fell open. This boy has some nerve. Ummm no! My face clearly said no, but for some reason he started walking back over to me. “N-O” I spelled out.

 

He reached me, tilted my head towards him, paused, and kissed my forehead. “I can’t wait for you to understand all of this.” 

 

He walked out and just like before, he left me turned on with a lot of questions.

Chapter 7 by Jay1113

I hopped into the shower. As the water ran through my fingers, I tried to push thoughts of Dante out of my head and replace them with thoughts of Chris. It was actually hard, but I eventually did it. What am I going to say to him? I feel so bad. He hates me, it’s official- I’ve lost a great friend. Friend? O shoot, he was not a friend last night. What is happening to me?

I got out the shower and I got dressed in the sweats and t-shirt Ray gave me.

I took a deep breath before opening the door, here goes nothing.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I knocked on the 2nd door on the 2nd floor.

“Yeah?”

I went inside and gently shut the door. The room was quiet and cold. I felt along the wall for a light switch and found one luckily. I flipped on the light switch and saw Chris on his bed.

“Ugh. Enzo…”

“Hey…” I said.

Chris looked up at me.

“Before you can say anything, I am so sorry. I honestly don’t know what happen and I can’t explain it either. I hope we can stay friends through this because you're important to me.” I said quickly while looking down the whole time.

Chris stood up from his bed and hugged me. “Let’s just forget it happened.”

“What?” I said pulling away.

“Let’s forget it happened. Just move on from here. Everything’s good now.” Chris went to his dresser and grabbed his keys. “I’ll take you home now.”

“Okay…”

 

We walked downstairs to get my things. I said bye to Ray and Enzo as we headed out. They hugged me and told me that couldn’t wait to see me again. As we left, I was secretly hoping that Dante would pop up. He didn’t. I know shame on me. I left knowing that this was the last time I was going to see everyone I met tonight and possibly Chris. We drove off and on the way back to Clarke’s Grove University I saw the “Now Entering Tribal Land” sign whisking pass us. 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

“Fuck, he’s found his mate,” Jace hissed out breathlessly.

He rolled off from of on top of his mate, Blanca. Thanks to the high sex drive that the Otaktay had, they had been fucking for hours and the surge of power that went through the tribe earlier had gone unnoticed my both. Until now.

“Guess who’s not gonna be alpha anymore,” Blanca mocked.

Jace stood up and slapped Blanca across the face. “Bitch, shut up. If you want to keep the lavish lifestyle you live now you’ll pray that I’ll be Alpha. I made lots of promises to those humans about portioning out some of the reservation for a damn good profit.” He smiled. “I need you to do something for me.

Blanca, being the money hungry bimbo that she was, put up with Jace’s occasional slaps. It’s not like she wasn’t getting love – and other things – somewhere else. As long as she kept putting money aside for her and her lover, she could put up with Jace for a few more years and then take off.

“What can I do for you, baby?”

“Find Dante’s mate. Don’t touch her, I’ll handle that. Just give me her location and we’ll be back in business.”

“Anything for you, baby.” Blanca began kissing him aggressively and he responded by pushing her onto his member. They started up round…she’d lost count by now.

Chapter 8 by Jay1113
Author's Notes:

Enjoy and thanks for the reviews!

Reagan


I hadn’t heard from Chris since that night and now that winter break was over, school was back in session. Chris had graduated fall semester, so the chance of us seeing each other on campus was slim to none. I called and texted him numerous times, but to no avail. And as much as I wanted to hear from Chris, I couldn’t worry about him. Man, I’m graduating this semester! No time for stress and boys and since they usually bring stress, definitely no time for boys! I grabbed my phone and my keys from off my desk and headed out my room.


“Have a gud first day gyal!” Yelled my Trini roommate, Maultina or Tina as she liked to be called.


“Thanks gyal see ya’ later!” I yelled back. It was fate that Tina and I met our sophomore year in college. I’m half Trini and she helped me learn more about my roots. I also learned that she’s someone that I want to have as a lifelong friend. If I can live with you, it says a lot about what we can accomplish.


I locked our apartment door and started the 10 minute walk to campus. Tina and I wanted to be close to campus, just not on it. We had our fun with frat parties and all that our first 2 years, now it was just annoying. Although Clarke’s Grove is a small town, it’s a small college town. So having your usual influx of rowdy noisy freshman can get tiresome.


As I waited for the light to turn red so I could cross the final street to campus, I peaked at my schedule on my phone.


CUL 2025 – Native American Traditions and Cultures


MW (10:50 -11:50)


COM 4224 – Real World Applied Communication


MW (12:00 – 1:30)


COM 4196 – Public Speaking


MW (4:00 – 5:25)


COM 4131 – Communication Senior Project


T (12:30 – 3:00)


I was excited for my first class. It was my final gen. ed. class and it was going to be my easy “A” for the semester.  I was going to take ITAL 2305, but ever since that night I became interested in the Native American culture and switched out. I found out that I was on the Black Creek Moosi Tribe’s Reservation. It’s funny how we have so many things we haven’t even discovered in our own backyard. The light started flashing ‘walk’.


I made my way across and headed to my first class. Ugh, a lecture hall. When I looked inside the class I breathed a sigh of relief. I took a seat in one of the front rows. You don’t make Dean’s List being in the back. Some kid sat next to me, but I didn’t look at him. I like to get in class and get out. So I tend to not to talk to anyone unless I know them or I have to. While grabbing my water bottle from my backpack I knocked over my pen and pencil. “Shoot.”


“I got it,” I said as I reached for the dropped items the same time as the kid beside me did.


Our hands touched, and it was like my skin was on fire. I’m too young to have heart palpations, but that’s what’s happening. My hands didn’t move and neither did his. My hand, on its own accord, began to slowly drag across the stranger’s hand. The last time this happened…I snatched my hand away and looked at the kid.


Staring at me with a smile as big as the Cheshire cat, was Dante Moon.


-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


Dante


“What are you doing here?!” Reagan hissed.


“Umm, I go here,” I replied.


“Umm, no you don’t,” she said glaring at me


I chuckled at the cute face she made. She’s a funny human.


“I’m going to report you to your tribe.”


I stared at her blankly.


“Aren’t you not supposed to leave the reservation?”


At that point I busted out laughing and got a look that could kill from Reagan and the professor.


“If you two wouldn’t mind. I would like to start class,” The professor bellowed.


I stood up, “Sorry, sir!”


“No problem, just be quiet and pay attention please.”


“Call me professor here, Dante.”


“Yes S–, Professor.”


While I was having my telepathic conversation with elder Locklear, I hadn’t noticed that Reagan had moved over two seats and a row away from me. She looked at me and smirked, I returned it with a well-deserved stink eye.


 -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


That was a long ass class. Besides listening to stuff I already knew, Reagan being so close yet far away was actually distracting.


I ran up behind her to catch up. “So that’s how we’re gonna be?”


Glaring at me again, she spoke, “How long have you gone here? I have never seen you a day in my life at CGU.”


“Honestly?”


“Honestly.”


“I wanted to see you, so Chris told me that you go here. And the only way I could get to know you was if we had something in common. So…here I am.” I cheesed.


“And that’s my cue to leave.”


“Wait,” I laughed grabbing her arm “I was joking, I’m just taking a few courses to brush up on my family history.”


“So, you are an Indian?”


“We prefer Native American, but yeah. You could also just say I’m Moosi as well.”


“Oh okay, well nice to know.” She said walking away.


“She’s a stubborn little thing isn’t she? This is gonna be fun isn’t it?” I laughed at my panther analysis of her.


“What’s funny?” She said turning to look at me.


“Nothing, I’m just happy.”


“Okay…” She cocked her head.


I laughed again and this time I went in for the kill…a hug. I knew she was still thinking about Chris, but I had to get her to forget about him right now and focus on us.


7 months remain Dante.”


“Chief Black, I have found her.”


Elder Locklear and the other four Elders congratulated Dante until High Shaman Crowe spoke, “The ritual must be performed until any congratulations are in order. When she has accepted you and you her, come to me to perform the ritual and then, and only then, can she truly be called your mate.”


“Okay, can I get an extension or something Chief Black?”


“No, I am sorry Dante. Ever since we lost Alpha Kono, we have been shorthanded and we cannot wait any longer. I need my right hand man, I need my alpha. I cannot listen to the voices of all of my people when I can only relate to the non-Otaktay peoples. That is why we have walked together for centuries.”


“I understand, Chief.”


I refocused my attention on Reagan as she fought me on the hug, but she eventually gave in. It was the best feeling to feel her supple curves against my body. She was blessed alright. I needed to stop before we had a repeat of what happened at the house. And this time, I don’t know if I could stop. “Or if you would want to.” I was about to pull away when she yanked herself away from me.


“Shiz! I’m going to be late! Thanks Dante.” She yelled sarcastically, sprinting away to her next class.


I smirked. I would text her tonight since I had just put my number in her phone and sent myself a message. “Aren’t you slick?”


I ignored him this time, mostly because I had a realization of where I was.


Ugh. There are so many humans around and they smell disgusting, not like Reagan though. I really hat… “You have to work on that. Saying I hate humans may raise suspicions from any normal person, especially her.


“So what you’re not human or something?”


“No, I’m this giant panther-like creature that wants to make you my mate and fuck you senselessly.”


See how well that’s gonna go.”


 


“Shut up” I told my panther mentally. “I know, I’m working on it.”

Chapter 9 by Jay1113

Reagan

I made it through the day, despite being late for my second class. Thanks to dummy. I cannot believe that he goes here. How old is he anyway? Also I really don’t believe his little tale about “learning about his family history.” I sat down on the couch next to Tina.

“What yah cooking for dinner?” Tina asked

Tina and I switch off on cooking nights and tonight was my night. Not that I remembered. “Totally forgot…” I smiled sheepishly.

 “Yah, I know. That why I ordered Chinese!” Tina laughed, jumping up and heading to the kitchen.

I laughed, “You know me so well. Let me guess,” I said walking over to Tina and the food, “Shrimp fried rice for you, and Salt-n-Pepper chicken for me?”

“Righto!”

We laughed and grabbed our containers of Golden Wok heaven and made our way to the sofa to watch our favorite no nonsense Judge, “Judge Judy.”

“So how was de first day of class?” Tina asked through a mouth full of shrimp and rice.

“It was good. Liked all my professors for the most part, classes are in close proximity to each other, saw Dante, and ate at the overpri-…”

“Don’t do dat, tryin’ to pull a fast one. You saw Dante, de boy from Chris’s house?

“Yeah…we have class together. Although, I’m pretty sure he probably never stepped foot on campus until today and gave some B.S. story about being there. I think I have a stalker.”

She laughed, “Fuh real?”

I shook my head yes, “But let’s not talk about that, what’s your schedule looking like?”

“Yah don’t wanna talk about de hot boy now? “Oh he was fine, but oh my god Chris,” And den five seconds later, “He was sooo cute! I can believe that happened!” That was yuh just a couple of weeks ago. But yah right, let’s talk about meh.” She smirked and continued, “Meh class is on Monday and Wednesday. I just have two to finish though, so I might be able to finish early since one is online. I might not walk…”

“What?!” I said.

“It’s easier to just grab de diploma and go. Yah know I’m homesick. I miss meh Gabriel.”

Gabriel is Tina’s longtime boyfriend, turned fiancé. They got engaged about eight months ago. He’s a really nice guy and he and Tina couldn’t be more perfect for each other. The only problem is that he lives in Trinidad. He always came to see Tina every three months, but he got a promotion at work and can’t come anymore.

“Argh, yeah I guess I understand. Since I’ll see you in a few months for the wedding, I guess I can look over the fact that we won’t be walking together.”

She smiled half-heartedly, “Yah, I know. But yuh still my maid of honor.”

“Yeah, that’s true,” I smiled. “Well, you cut me deep and the only way for you to make it up to me is… by hitting the club with me!” I stood up and started popping.

She laughed, “Yuh always guilt tripping people, but okay. Finesse?”

“Yep, Thursday night!”

“Okay, okay, fine.” She laughed.

“I got the kitchen since I forgot the food.” I took her empty fried rice box, along with my empty container to the kitchen.

“Thanks I guess, but you know de rules. Yah got kitchen duty for a week since yah forget dinner,” she laughed, “Well I’m going to bed.”

We said goodnight to each other and I started on the kitchen. Once I finished, I went to my room to start getting ready for bed.

I flopped onto my bed and right before my head hit my pillow, the “buzz” of my phone notified me of a text message. “Mhm” I groaned, as I reluctantly checked and saw that it was a number I didn’t know. +16052397524

Hey :)

 ---

Who is this?

+16052397524

Guess. Here’s a hint, you’re probably thinking about me.

I had a feeling who it was, but I replied with “Really. Who is this?” anyways,

+16052397524

It was joke. But it’s Dante

This cocky son of a bitch. I can’t believe he said that. Although he was kinda right.

---

…how did you get my number?

+16052397524

Haha, you aren’t very observant, you might wanna fix that. I got your phone during one of the many times you tried to walk away from me. Put my number in when you weren’t looking. Smooth right?

---

No, just a criminal

+16052397524

What?

---

It was joke, obviously you didn’t get it…

+16052397524

Lol sorry, went right over my head. MJ reference?

Although my generation is all gung-ho about texting, I absolutely hate it. Miscommunication, not getting your point across, and too much to type. Texting sucks and was only okay in some situations for me…this was not one of those.

---

Yeah. Question. How’s Chris?

I was dozing of the by the time Dante replied, 15 minutes later.

+16052397524

Reagan, I’m gonna be straight with you. Chris is more than my friend, he’s my brother and even after what happen that night we’re still good. BUT although this probably doesn’t make sense to you, Chris is becoming a pain in my side…because of you lol. I mean that it in the best way. The moment I saw you I knew you were something special and I knew you were going to be in my life and I let him know that. Chris is fine. I’m sure you remembered, but he’s in CA now for his architect internship. The reason you probably can’t get a hold of him is because he changed his number, not related to you or anything. I’ll give you his number, but only if you give me a try. Giving me a try means at least a couple of months too :)

That message sent a whirlwind of thoughts through my head and some escaped out of my mouth. Ew, this is so long. That’s great!What does he mean?” Awww, he’s not such a brute. “Oh yeah, I forgot!” Ha, slick behind…how many months?

---

I’m not a texter, I’m a talker if you haven’t noticed from my ramblings. So…I’m gonna call you.

I saved the number as ‘Dante’ and mentally prayed in my head before I hit the ‘call’ button.

“So when’s our first date?” Dante asked after the phone only rang once.

I laughed out loud, “Wow. Straight to the point, huh?”

“Yep.”

“Well it’s TBA.”

He laughed, “What?”

“You, a random guy, kissed me like you were entitled and acted like it was fine. Maybe I lost my head for like 2 seconds, but its back now. And I’m not okay with that.” At this point I was wide awake, siting up in my bed, waving my finger around.

“Okay maybe it wasn’t okay. But tell me, you didn’t feel anything?”

“Zilch, nada, nuthin’.”

“This is the second time you have lied to me.”

“Excuse me? What’s the other?”

“That night when you said kissing me was a mistake.”

I was blushing so hard, if he saw my face…

Changing the subject I laughingly said, “Okay well unlike some people, you, I have class in the morning at the school I actually go to.”

He laughed, “I do go there. And how about we be friends?”

“Friends?”

“Yeah, or did I ruin that too?”

Aww, was he guilt tripping me, because it was definitely working. “No, I mean we can be friends. Just friends.”

“Okay, well I’ll see you Wednesday friend, good night.”

“Goodnight Dante.”

“Dream of me.”

 

I hung up and rolled my eyes. I got comfy in my bed to finally get some well-deserved sleep.

Chapter 10 by Jay1113
Author's Notes:

So this gets weird....

As always thanks for reviews!

I think Dante cursed me when he said “dream of me” because I had the strangest dream of my life that night and for the most part, which was weird, I remembered it all.

 

I could swear I was in the 1800s. I was bringing an old white man a glass of water outside on a porch, it was plantation style.

 

“Come sit down Charlotte,” He spoke.

 

“Yes sir,” the woman, Charlotte…well me I guess, spoke.

 

“I’ve given you and your mama a good place to live ever since y’all c’mere. Many of them out on the field wish they was in the house, like you and your mama. But I’m dying and John is gonna own everythang I owned, including you. Mark my words girl, he’s gonna kill ya’ if you don’t get out.”

 

“Master Tyler, are you tellin’ me to run?”

 

“I’ve seen that boy ya’ running around with and so has John. And he don’t like it a ‘ll. I’m telling ya to do what you hafa to do to be free.”

 

The next thing I know everything was black, until a brilliant fire seared through the blackness. I was watching the scene unfold. Blacks and whites were fighting to the left. It must be a slave riot I thought, but then a gang of Native Americans that I hadn’t noticed were to my right. The one in front was covered in so much blood and held…a scalp in his left hand.

 

“Kill them, kill them all. I won’t stop until the white man is dead. They – he – killed my family.

 

I woke up startled and realized that the wetness on my face was from crying. That was the most vivid dream I had ever had. And I don’t know what in my life could factor into it. Guess I’ve watched too many historical time pieces lately. Yeah, that’s it. I thought ignoring the nagging feeling in my chest.

 

“Helloooo?” Tina called.

 

I looked up from my bowl of now soggy cereal soup. “Yeah?”

 

“Rough night? What time did yuh go to bed?”

 

“2.”

 

“2? What boy was yuh talkin’ to? And don’t try to play it off ‘ither!”

 

“Dante…”

 

“Wow, de plot thickens. Thought you didn’t care ‘bout him?”

 

“He stole my phone and put his number in it and then texted himself.”

 

“Smooth!”

 

“No…just a criminal,” I muttered.

 

“What?”

 

“Nothin’, ignore me,” I laughed at myself.

 

“Okay, crazy gyal. Tell me how it went. What yuh talk about?.”

 

I told Tina about the conversation.

 

Tina spoke, “You didn’t! You always do this, it was just a kiss.”

 

I looked at her.

 

“Okay a little more than a kiss, either way don’t act like yuh didn’t like it!”

 

“I didn’t.”

 

“Ummhmm. Listen,” She grabbed my hands, “just live life and stop over thinking things. Don’t let yah past keep you from something good.”

 

I laughed her comments off, “You don’t even know him.”

 

“Yuh right, but from what I hear he doesn’t sound like he shouldn’t be given a chance ‘ither.”

 

“Okay mom.” I said, “I’m gonna go get ready for class now.”

 

Tina laughed, “Love yuh daughter! But I’ll be back late tonight, got the damned night shift. De are making de schedule for de next two weeks today and I pray I don’t get de night shift.”

 

“Yeah, me too! I hate being here alone. Whenever you work the night shift it turns into the morning shift.”

 

“Right?” She said throwing on her backpack to leave. “Well, I’ll see yuh lata!”

 

I waved her off and started getting ready to tackle the day.

 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

 

Dante

 

Luckily I didn’t have work today, unfortunately my body chose to ignore that and still had me waking up at 8 a.m., although I had been up with Reagan until 2 that morning. I ate my breakfast as I watched my dad get ready to go work. My dad and Ray owned a restaurant business that started out small, but has ended up reaching its way into a large part of the Mid-West. They have 5 restaurants so far and Chris, Enzo, and I will one day share the business together. When we found out I had the alpha gene at 13 and would one day become alpha, we decided I should take on a smaller part in the company. I got my degree in graphic design and when the time comes, I’ll be head of that department. Chris will be on the construction side of things and Enzo, when gets back on his feet, will continue his training to be C.E.O of it all. But right now, we all just help out at the main restaurant when we can.

 

“Any plans today Dante?”

 

“Going back to sleep in a few. That sums up my day.”

 

My dad shook us head, “How are things going with my daughter-in-law?”

 

“It amazes me that you have accepted her so quickly, knowing that she is a human.”

 

“Haven’t you? That was never my problem. It was yours. And now that you really have to get involved with humans to be around her, I’m hoping you see that there is some good in them. You realize that non-Otaktay Moosis are human too?”

 

 “That’s different. All of us here are raised completely different then the hum- people out there.”

 

“That may be true, but you have to give them a chance. Just like you are giving Reagan a chance.”

 

“I know, you sound just like my panther.”

 

“Well, that amazes me. He’s smarter than you.” My father smirked, grabbing his briefcase and heading to the door before he turned back around. “I was wondering, do you even know the process you have to go through to become true mates?”

 

“Yeah, I remember from tribal school.”

 

My father started at me knowingly, “What is it then?”

 

“Umm, I always thought that this was weird and they might want to change it, but we have to mate in front of the Shaman Crowe and then I mark her. Yeah, I still remember dad.”

 

He looked at me like I was an idiot, “That’s like 25% of the equation. Minus Shaman Crowe. Dante, go see Shaman Crowe today and learn what the actual ritual is.”

 

“Yes sir,” I mumbled.

 

“Good, see you tonight.” He said leaving out our front door.

End Notes:

What'd you think? Weird right? 

Chapter 11 by Jay1113
Author's Notes:

Might clear some things up,

Enjoy!

I started making the trek to Shaman Crowe’s house. Although I could have drove on the main roads and made this a quick trip, I wanted to be in nature and enjoy the heart of our tribe. There are about 6,000 people on the reservation and a little less than half of those people are Otaktay. It’s basically a small town, like Clarke’s Grove, just smaller with a lot of mom and pop shops instead of commercial ones. Many go off the reservation for shopping anyways. Although we don’t get a lot of tourist, we do get them time to time. So, we do have things that we keep hidden with “NO TRESSPASSING” signs. Tribal school is hidden because it is one of the only places that the Otaktay children can be in their true form and play with the non-Otaktay children. We couldn’t have panthers walking around like they own the place, with outsiders involved, they would assume (and rightfully so) that they are dangerous and would be killed immediately.

I passed tribal school and heard the laughter of children. I smiled until thoughts of my own childhood passed through my head. “Ignore that. We have things to accomplish.” He was right, so I kept trekking on until I reached Shaman Crowe’s house.

Although he was one of the most respected men in the tribe and he knew it, Shaman Crowe was one of the modest people I ever met. His house was even modest, only a one floor house with 2 bedrooms. His house was filled with history of the Moosi from the time it was created. I went to knock on the door when Shaman Crowe opened the door.

“Hello Dante. How are you son?”

I grabbed Shaman Crowe’s hand and bowed my head down to it to respectfully say hello. “I’m fine. How’d you know I was coming?”

“I have my ways son, come in.”

“Aren’t shaman cryptic as hell?” my panther said. I replied back, “This will be one of the few times I will be agreeing with you.” “Yes sir,” I answered.

“So what brings you here?”

“So he knows you’re here, but not why? Som-,” I cut off my panther’s smart ass mouth. “I need to know how my mate and I become…well, my mate and I in the eyes of Luna and the tribe.”

“Okay son, I can tell you that. But you have to hear the whole story to understand the whole picture.”

“I understand sir,” I replied.

“Well, sit and we will begin.”

Shawn Crowe sat in a chair and beckoned me to lie down on the adjacent sofa and close my eyes. “Here comes the magic,” my panther’s fading voice said as everything went black.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

“Humans aren’t too far off when they say they are looking for their soulmate. Soulmates do exist but unfortunately humans, although there are some exceptions, never know if they have actually found their one. I’d say about one out of every thousand people find their soulmate. Which actually isn’t too bad because many still find a love that is a powerful and live happy lives without finding their soulmate. For others though it is more evident; countless break-ups, divorce, and rocky marriages. These tend to be the people who are subconsciously looking for their soulmates and sadly may or may not ever find them.

However those who are like the Otaktay, get a “one-up” so to speak. For you, your panther can sense your mate and your soul can as well. If you were a normal human, you wouldn’t have these heightened senses, and when I say soul, it’s actually pretty complex.

These stipulations go for everybody. You are pre-destined to be born with the soul you get. Souls defy the physical, so the chance of being related to your past life is extremely slim. Souls are also released when told. So your mate might not even be in the same time period as you, so you won’t meet until they match up, if they match up. Also, you will never remember your past lives and if you are getting together in this life, it means in another life you never found each other or something happened that kept you apart. That’s why you are destined by Luna’s Light when you find your mate because of your soul’s persistence and strength of wanting to be together. Souls do die from either loneliness or rebirth. When you find your mate, it is important to cherish them. Once you find your mate, your souls will die when you die and be reborn as one to look for it’s mate, and the cycle will continue.

Here’s where the ritual comes in: The mating ritual for the Otaktay is centuries old. As you know, shamans have great power and gifts; however, we cannot use our gifts for ourselves or just anybody. Luna speaks and we do her will. A Shaman is the only one that can connect a person to their past life or lives and that’s what happens in the ritual.

You and your mate will be surrounded by all of the shamans in a circle and we will conjure up your past lives for you two to relive and understand what happen in your other life or lives that kept you two separate After that, you have 24 hours to consummate the ritual afterwards to complete it. That’s why it’s important to have acceptance and trust before you come before us because if the ritual is broken, the bond between the souls is broken. And I can tell you how intense the relivings can get.”

“You can open your eyes now Dante. Any questions?”

I opened my eyes and stared at the cycling for a little bit, trying to process everything that was said, “Umm, not right now Elder Shaman.” I said sitting up.

“Okay my boy. If you have any questions, you know where to find me. I know it’s a lot to take in.”

I shook my head “yeah” and got ready to leave. I was walking out the door when Shaman Crowe said,

 

“Oh and tell your father next time he can just text me and not call. I know how to use a cell phone.” Shaman Crowe smiled and shut the door.

This story archived at https://www.valentchamber.com/viewstory.php?sid=3316