All Hands on Deck (REVISED) by magensby
Summary:

Jethro and Margie disappear and NCIS and CIA staff must work together to find them.

 


Categories: Primetime Television Characters: Original Character(s)
Classification: Cannon
Genre: Action-Adventure , Drama
Story Status: Completed
Pairings: Original
Warnings: Adult Situations
Challenges: None
Series: Past, Present and Future - NCIS
Chapters: 10 Completed: Yes Word count: 10229 Read: 11074 Published: February 04 2019 Updated: July 31 2019
Chapter 5 In the meantime by magensby
Author's Notes:

Just where are Margie and Jethro?

Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

All hands on deck

 

(Now for Jethro and Margie.  There is a thin line between genius and madness.) 

 

 

Chapter 5            In the meantime

 

One more day in this hellhole and we’re no closer to escaping.  Ever since evading their snares the second night that we were here they have us under constant surveillance.  I say we even though Margie is not with me now.  After the escape attempt they separated us and I don’t know where she is.  I pray that she is okay and in better shape than I am.  These sadists take pleasure in giving pain, either through physical abuse or starving us.  It’s a good thing that I can survive a long time without eating.  At least they do give me water and crackers. If I didn’t know better I would think that I am a magnet for danger.  Didn’t that time in the jungle count for anything or the shooting by that kid?  The only consolation, if it is a consolation, is that we are not the targets of any enemies of ours.  The other couple in the airport shuttle was the designated target and we are collateral damage.  They’re keeping us as insurance.  Insurance for what they won’t explain but they won’t release us.  I’ve never seen their faces only the daily computerized voice reminding me not to attempt an escape or the masked men who come in to pummel my body.  The first time that those goons came in to beat me I took out both of them so that now the day before the scheduled beatings they gas the room to keep me sedated so that I’m too groggy to defend myself against the physical abuse. Gee, if I’m not the principle target I hate to think what they’re doing to that other couple.  But I can’t think about them I have to find Margie. She has to be all right.  We both have to survive this.  I will not leave this place without her. 

 

How long have we been here?  I’m guessing two maybe three weeks.  Everyone at home must be going crazy.  Richard and Nicole, our babies, I know that Thomas and Amanda will take care of them but they have to be so afraid that Alexis and I aren’t home.  Our friends are searching for us I know that they are.  I know that they feel very frustrated after three weeks of searching and no rescue.  But I can’t lose hope. We will escape or a rescue will come.  I have to find Alexis. 

 

/

 

So three weeks have passed since our abduction.  They say that we are not the principal targets but they will not release us.  Too bad we didn’t make it to the perimeter before they caught us. We would have been home free then. Since that time they’ve increased their guards and separated us.  I pray that Jethro is okay.  He has to be.  I have to find him. I will not leave this place without him.  So I surmise that the beatings come as a punishment for our attempted escape and a way to wear us down.  The meager rations are meant to keep us physically weak and thwart any future escape attempts. If we are collateral damage why keep us?  It would make more sense just to let us go since we’ve never seen any of their faces or heard any of their true voices.  The only voice that we’ve heard is that computerized one that comes on each day. It will be none to soon if I never hear that voice again.  But I will not give up.  I will see Jethro again.  I will see my babies again, Richard and Nicole.  Oh they must be so sad that mommy and daddy aren’t home. Mom and Dad will take of them I know.  The teams are probably looking for us but very frustrated that they haven’t found us yet. They won’t give up though until…

 

/

 

The face behind the voice keeps them under constant surveillance.  These two are very strong and not at all what they planned for.  The Armistead couple was our target.  It was unfortunate that the Gibbs couple was in the airport shuttle at the same time.  We had everything planned down to the last detail.  I would have my revenge on Daniel Armistead for firing me from the only job that I ever had.  I worked my way up from a mail boy to the lead chemist in the lab.  We developed the drugs that made his company famous and he fired me.  What did he call it, ‘modernizing’?  No that’s just a made up term for getting rid of the more seasoned workers to bring in younger ones to whom they can pay less money.  I am not going out without a fight.  I brought him here to show that I have value and can still contribute.  But if he won’t change his mind then his death is his fault.  

 

Not that I condone the physical abuse of the Gibbs couple but they have to know that we will not tolerate any escape attempt.  If they escape then the authorities will come after me and I can’t have that.  I have a few more days to convince Daniel Armistead of my plan.  He will rescind my firing and I will receive a promotion in the company and we can go on to make Armistead Industries one of the leaders in the field.  How can he not agree when he sees how effective my drugs can be? He’s seen first hand what they can do the body.  After all I’ve used the gamut of them on his wife.  So what if she lost her hair and she may need a kidney transplant?  The drugs are useful and companies will scramble to buy them.  I have this all planned and three weeks is all the time that I need.  The escape attempt by the Gibbs couple delayed me by a few days but now I’m back on schedule.  

 

Even though I assured the Gibbs couple that they will be released I may have to rethink that decision.  They have no clues as to our identity but if I release them and word of the Armistead disappearance is made known they will know.  We can’t have that now can we?  But I will wait until I finish my demonstrations for Daniel.  Then I will tidy up this whole thing.

End Notes:

Don't leave now you have to read it until the end.  Some of you have jumped ship already and will miss the best parts. Oh well, c'est la vie.

This story archived at https://www.valentchamber.com/viewstory.php?sid=3785