Match Met by coconiy101
Summary:

Two fire personalities meet their match. 


Categories: Books Characters: None
Classification: None
Genre: Drama, Erotica, Family, Romance
Story Status: Completed
Pairings: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: Yes Word count: 43837 Read: 17123 Published: November 06 2019 Updated: November 06 2019
Story Notes:

I wrote this many many years ago. It is very rough around the edges but it taught me so much about my writing style, character development and the importance of character depth. Please don't judge me but also enjoy!

 

Check for me on Amazon Kindle platforms at Simone Niy for my most recent series, Deep Narco Ties. Start with that first so Match Met is easier to swallow ;D

1. Chapter 1 by coconiy101

2. Chapter 2 by coconiy101

3. Chapter 3 by coconiy101

4. Chapter 4 by coconiy101

5. Chapter 5 by coconiy101

6. Chapter 6 by coconiy101

7. Chapter 7 by coconiy101

8. Chapter 8 by coconiy101

Chapter 1 by coconiy101


Kiana walked into her workplace and immediately wanted to turn around. She was exhausted and the last thing she wanted to do was be there. She pulled out the wedgie her orange hot shorts were giving her and pulled down her too small white tank top. The boss was at the counter and any little thing wrong with her outfit would set him off. Although Eric was one of her friends, he still complained. And his complaints were even more effective since he was as gay as it could get. She trudged toward the back of the counter and attempted to head toward the Employee's Only room.

"Take off the underwear. You have panty lines." Eric mumbled before she could make her way to the room in peace. Kiana turned around and groaned in annoyance.

"Do you understand how long it will take for me to put these fucking nylon panty hose back on?" She asked. Eric was more than used to her feisty ways and he barely acknowledged her.

"Thank you Kiana, watch your language as well. Try and wear g-strings next time." He said robotically, secretly dismissing her. She angrily opened the room door to find the caddy bitches of Hooters gathered around, waiting for the rush hour to start. Working at Hooters had plenty of perks, but it had even more disadvantages. Working with beautiful, young, college women who knew they were beautiful and young could only mean trouble for any other girl in their way. They wanted attention from the men, and the great tips they gave. Tonight was the airing of an awaited football game and being one of the larger Hooters in the area, it was bound to be packed with sweaty men desiring lots of food.

Kiana was one of the only 2 black girls at Hooters but it didn't bother her much. She didn't work here to be accepted or become a popular girl around Rhode Island, she wanted the money. Tips were great although if you had a slow night, you could easily be making under minimum wage. So she hustled her ass around those tables to take as many customers as she could. The student loans weren't going to pay themselves.

"Did he say something about your panty lines?" Janelle asked. She was the other black girl that Kiana just happened to become best friends with. She was beautiful; brown skin that matched her own, caramel eyes, straight black hair that Kiana only recently found out was an expensive weave and a slim body. But Kiana wasn't slim at all. She had curves and mountain peaks in the places most women had small hills. Her own hair extensions were curly and tamed around her face and she had deep brown eyes that were unusually large.

"Of course he did. I'm just ready for this night to be over." Kiana said, taking a seat beside her friend so she could fix her makeup. A requirement for working at Hooters was that all the women needed to have a constant prom like appearance. So Kiana caked on her makeup, false eyelashes and reapplied her pink lip-gloss when needed.

"Well how was your day?" Janelle asked while straightening her hair. Kiana huffed in aggravation and dwelled on her own obvious fatigue.

"School, dancing, tutoring, then here. Very busy." She stated. Kiana took and paid for 1 hour tutoring sessions a day from the top professors in her university. She wanted to make sure she kept up with her studies and even stayed a little further ahead. Plus she was a part of an expensive dance studio.

"You still pay that high tuition?" Janelle asked incredulously. Kiana nodded with a shrug of her shoulders. She had to admit, tutoring was taking a large chunk of her work money and every week her budget seemed thinner.

"It's worth it Nell. I get higher test scores, and I always know what we're learning next. I can definitely maintain this scholarship." She said, applying more mascara to her already long lashes.

"I guess, but you're already good at school. I don't understand why you need to constantly study. Oh shit, my shift is starting soon." Janelle said, standing from her chair. Kiana stood too and was excited to find they both had the same shift.

"Mine too." She said happily.

"I thought you were working later tonight?" She asked with a bewildered face. Kiana groaned and arched her shoulders.

"I'm doing both shifts, and I'm cleaning afterward." Janelle looked amazed and then held a face of pity. Janelle's phone was suddenly ringing and the R and B song Kiana loved played loudly in the small space. Janelle quickly scuffled for her phone while Kiana danced lightly beside her.

"Tell Brendon I said hey." Kiana said, already knowing who was calling. Janelle never had any phone calls unless it was her boyfriend.

"I'm texting him. I don't want to hear Eric's mouth." Janelle grumbled. Once her text was completed she followed Kiana into the new atmosphere of Hooters.

**

A FEW HOURS LATER

"Fuck!" Kiana said when Samantha's air headed ass knocked the lemonade out of her hand. Kiana took a big sigh and gritted her teeth before she bent down to pick up the cup.

"Whoops, sorry!" She called in the most annoying of voices as she walked away. She threw her a sympathetic look and rounded the corner, out of sight.

"Whatever! You need to be helping me pick this shit —" Kiana called after her.

"Kiana! The underwear! Take them off... now!" Eric called behind her. Kiana growled audibly and hastily rotated around to face Eric. When she realized she was in the process of speaking to her boss, she softened her features and tried to tone down her attitude.

"If I take the time out to take off my underwear, my customers will be angry." She said through clenched teeth. She held a death grip on the dripping, empty cup and awaited his response.

"Well... you're wasting time." Kiana could've killed him. She put down her cup and stormed off toward the bathroom. She didn't even bother to use a stall. She attempted to take off her ugly white sneakers and thick socks, but thought of an easier idea. She pulled down the hem of her shorts followed by the hem of her nylons and saw the neon thong in sight. She took a hold of the lace band and ripped it down the middle.

She realized they were her favorite Victoria Secret panties. Once the other side was ripped too, she could easily pull the piece out of her pants and into the trash. She washed her hands and returned to her duties. The drink she spilled was cleaned up and she prepared it for a second time. She walked to return them to the 2 older men seated on their stools and noticed she had a new table.

She approached the 3 men.

"I'm Kiana. Can I get ya'll something to drink?" Kiana asked in her classically sweet voice. These men didn't deserve to see her annoyed side so she stuffed it in a box and closed it tight.

"Yeah, Coke." The most handsome of the men barked. He had short, platinum blonde hair with a relaxed part down the side. It was neatly combed back on each end and he looked as if he had just gotten off work. His eyes were a deep blue and his lips a bright pink. Kiana internally rolled her eyes at his tone that went perfectly with his appearance. The other 2 men asked for the same thing but they both put a polite 'please' on the end along with a friendlier tone.

Kiana casually glided to get their drinks and she could feel eyes on her, almost like a sixth sense. When she reached the counter, she slowed down her speed and turned around to find all 3 men had their eyes on her closely. When they were caught staring at her ass, the 2 more polite men—or so she thought, turned around promptly. But the blue eyed man kept his eyes firmly on hers. She threw him a weird look before she turned and continued to make their drinks.

She noticed one of her table's food was ready and waiting to be served. She only had 2 hands and just in time Janelle was returning from serving a table herself. Kiana hastily called for her friend.

"Can you get that food for me?" Kiana asked while filling up the cups at the fountain. Janelle nodded reassuringly and went to pick up the trays. Another stupid rule of Hooters was that you weren't allowed to used trays to transport the food. So if you had a lot to hand out, you either had to make more than one trip or ask another gorgeous woman to help you. It was a method of more eye candy for the customers.

The two women winded down the aisles of loudly talking people. Kiana placed their drinks on the table before the men.

"I'll be right back." She said. Then she turned back around and led Janelle to where she should serve the food. When Kiana returned to take the men's order's she was greeted with unhappy blue eyes.

"There's too much ice in here." He said rigidly. Kiana exhaled lightly before she reached a hand over to capture the drink. Blue Eyes of course, didn't let his gaze leave her face and a small smile pushed at the corners of his lips.

Kiana was definitely getting agitated with him. His arrogance and radiating slyness was getting under her skin. But she gave him a small grin and curved back to get him a new drink. When she wandered toward the counter, Eric gave her a strange look.

"No one likes a grumpy waitress." He said in a disciplining voice. Kiana barely paid him any attention and fiercely pressed the button to distribute the drink. Her night was going south, and she wondered if working here with these annoying customers, bosses and co-workers was well worth the slim chance for a good tip.

She put the drink on the table and took her notepad out of her fanny pack.

"You ready to order?" She asked them sweetly. Internally she was speaking to the men who weren't giving her a hard time. All three of them seemed pretty stuck up and looked as if they'd been cut right out of a Ralph Lauren.

"Now this drink doesn't have enough ice in it. One extreme to the next hm? Can you do anything right sweetheart?" Blue eyes complained faintly in a voice that seemed like he was only speaking to himself. He was gazing over the menu and couldn't see her expression, but maybe that was for the best. Kiana was about ready to get in his ass until his friend stole her attention.

"Yeah, we're going to get 3 sets of 20 piece wings." The man to the right of her said. He had buzz cut jet black hair that was matching his 5 o'clock shadow. Kiana scribbled fiercely and nodded to herself as she wrote.

"What kind of sauce would you like?" She asked him.

"Mild please." He said kindly with a smile. His warm attitude was such a refresher from what she had been dealing with since she arrived at work. She returned it and went to put in his order.

*

When their food was done Kiana took two trips to get it to their table. When she sat them down in front of the 3 men everyone looked satisfied except for Mr. Blues. Kiana rolled her eyes, not caring who it was that saw.

"There isn't enough sauce on my chicken wings." He said. Kiana put both hands on her hips and stared down at her white shoes for a moment. When she finally rose her head up to his level, she could see a twinkle in his eyes. As soon as she began to speak and he noted the change in her sweet tone, his head turned to one side and a tiny half smile raised his left cheek.

"Look, I don't know what kind of game you're trying to play but I'm not fucking for it. I'm busy serving people with real concerns about their food. And I fail to see how out of these 60 wings, put into the same skillet, your random 20 were the ones to be neglected of sauce. No one is complaining—no one has been complaining but you. So you can take these 'dry wings' shove them up your ass and walk that same ass out the door because I am no one's bitch, especially not a prick like yours." She whispered fiercely. He laughed heftily across from her and it seemed entirely genuine. His friends stifled a smile yet appeared astonished. Mr. Blue eyes obviously wasn't used to being spoken to like that.

"That was entertaining. But I will get what I want, beautiful. So take that nice ass behind that counter and get me some more wings or," He started. The next time he spoke, his voice was a little more hushed. "I might just have to give that smart mouth a better job." He retorted with a whitening smile. Kiana's eyes narrowed into slim slits and she bit her tongue in anger. But before she could find her voice to say something witty back to him, a familiar voice filled her ears.

"Did you have mild wings sir?" Janelle asked with a smile. She reached across the table and took the so called dry wings from within his reach. Mr. Blues eyes seemed to be fixed on Kiana and they were deep in a staring contest.

"Yes." He replied. Soon Janelle was ushering Kiana off toward the counter and she could feel his eyes watching her backside as he had been all night.

"I like what I see Kiana! What'd I tell you baby?" He called after her and finished the rude comment off with an evil laugh that made her blood boil.

Janelle stopped Kiana by sharply facing her.

"What the hell? I guess you really don't need this job huh?" She asked. Kiana was still heated from her altercation. She felt like doing something completely irrational. Janelle continued to speak when Kiana didn't reply.

"Girl you really need to chill out, you know how men are in here—"

"Did something happen?" Eric had appeared out of nowhere and was holding a look of concern. He looked between Kiana's angry expression and Janelle's concerned one.

"No, we're fine. I just needed to talk to her about something." Janelle covered. It didn't surprise either one of the women when Eric made his way to Kiana's tables and proceeded to have a conversation about, what she knew was, her. But when he stepped toward the table with the three men, she didn't have the heart to look. So she took a second to visit the bathroom.

*

"I can take the card whenever." Kiana mumbled duly to the men. She was so ready to finally see this table filled with different people. But Blue eyes constantly kept coming into view and his somewhat flirtatious ways were driving her insane. Eric hadn't fired her, so she guessed the nicer of the 3 men had said good things about her.

"Here." He said reaching out and handing her his card. When Kiana's hands extended for it, he moved it back just the slightest amount. Kiana groaned. She was really getting tired of dealing with him. His friends got up from their seats and quietly left the table to head toward the parking lot. So it was only Mr. Blues and Kiana at the table, in a deep staring match.

"Give me your number." He said confidently. Kiana could hardly believe her ears. Not in disbelief that he was asking for her number, but the way he was asking. It wasn't even a question.

"Fuck you." She said meekly. She pivoted to walk away from him and get Eric to collect his card, but Blue Eyes was somehow in her line of vision.

"Maybe I'll have to let your boss know about this attitude you've been having with me all night? I see you've been giving him reasons to watch you like a hawk, what's one more hm?" He asked, swiping a hand across her jaw bone. Kiana pushed his hand away and began trying to get around him. His threat was definitely significant, and she didn't doubt him one bit. Eric would be sure to fire her, cut her pay or put her on probation. Her strikes with him earlier would only be fuel to that fire. But her dignity seemed more important than this measly excuse of a job.

"I'll get your number." Kiana said quietly, avoiding eye contact at all costs.

"Do you think I'm stupid?" He laughed. "You'd never call." He said. Kiana cursed him for catching on so quickly. She didn't answer for a few seconds.

"Can we start over? I'm Sawyer." He said politely. Kiana had to look up into his face for reassurance she was still standing in front of the same person.

"Kiana! Hurry up and get back to work!" Eric called from the back. Sawyer turned lightly and gave Eric a look of disgust and annoyance.

"You treated me the way you thought I should've been treated; first impressions last forever. You can pay with Eric at the front counter." Kiana said and successfully got around him. She headed behind the counter and out of sight. Sawyer couldn't remember the last time he felt bad for the way he treated someone. His manners, or lack of them, had always gotten him respect and women. But Kiana didn't seem to be falling for it. Even his blackmail didn't work. He had definitely met his match, but he was just as sure they'd meet again.

End Notes:

Simone Niy on Amazon Kindle and Facebook

Chapter 2 by coconiy101
Author's Notes:

Simone Niy on Amazon Kindle


"Daddy?" Kiana called, shutting her childhood home's door. She ventured inside just a few feet where the couch was positioned. The classic smell of peppermint twirled around her nose and nostalgic moments almost seemed to swarm into her head at once. Kiana put her heavy canvas bag, full of books on the center of the chestnut sofa and searched for her father. She checked her watch and noticed it was half past 4. She scowled to herself as she walked in the direction of his bedroom door. She knocked twice and then cracked it just a little.

Her dad sat up in bed and stared blankly at the CNN playing on the TV. He had always loved keeping up with his current events. Only after taking a few steps toward him did he move his eyes in her path. She took the plaid, plush seat beside him and reached for his warm hand. She held it in hers while they both paid the TV a good amount of attention. But good in Kiana's standards was little to none. She had so many other things on her mind, the fact she had taken the time to read the words on the screen was an accomplishment. Her finances were becoming a bigger problem each day, and they clouded her thoughts vastly. Her college education came second, but her father's health topped it all.

Her dad, Eugene Freeman, had a stroke just a few months ago. His incident had nearly cost him his life, but he paid his personality in full. The brain damage was pretty severed; most of his speech was gone and the doctors guessed even his comprehension decreased. So Kiana had no idea whether or not her daddy knew what CNN was trying to communicate to him. The entire left side of his body was lifeless, and no longer in his control.

But despite the casualty, she tried to keep things as normal as possible. She'd visit him a few times a week, checking on his finances, making sure everything was being paid, reading him a few verses from the bible and just keeping him company. Although she admitted to herself, it was hard to not hear his broadening laugh, sly jokes and appraisal when she could use it most.

"Bath..." He whispered so weakly, slicing her thoughts in half. Kiana looked into his eyes and nodded. She wrapped his good, functioning arm around her and he limped to the bathroom. Kiana had taken her father to the bathroom plenty of times and each time was equally startling. But she never showed her emotions.

When she helped get his sweats back over his body and washed his hands, she sat him back in bed. He was drooling a little on the left side of his lip, where his muscles weren't functional, so she used the back of her sleeve to clean him up before she sat back in the chair and took his hand again.

"I just finished my tutor session. My classes are going well. Dance is still fun and I really love working at the library. So things are pretty alright for me." She sighed, leaning a little further back into her chair. Even before his stroke, she could never reveal to her dad she was a Hooters girl. Sometimes Kiana didn't even want to admit to herself she wore the degrading outfit daily. She hated lying to him, but she felt compelled to do it. She didn't want to disappoint him.

The bible was resting right beside his bed in a state that seemed like a message from God. As if He was trying to save her from her own lies.

"Do you want me to read to you?" She asked him. His eyes were looking right into hers. She squeezed his hand gently to give him some encouragement to try harder and react. After 10 seconds of waiting, he did a small nod. It was one of the most minimal movements she had ever witnessed, but it still gave her life. To see him understanding her, and communicating responses was uplifting. She opened the bible and flipped its thin pages to the bookmark she placed there to remember where she had left off on her last visit.

Kiana was right in the middle of reading about Joseph's life as a slave when she heard the front door open. She checked her watch once more and grew hot as she stared at the time. She finished her sentence and then put the bookmark back inside the bible.

"Daddy I'll be right back." She stated, standing and pecking him on his temple. She closed the door behind herself and walked down the hall. Nicolette was removing her jacket and hanging it in the closet. Kiana stood on the other side, hidden by the door. Nicolette's deep voice hummed a song blaring on her IPod that even Kiana could hear. Her arms were crossed tightly over her chest and her temper rising.

When Nicolette closed the door she jumped and placed a manicured hand right above her breasts in relief. She took her earphones out and gave Kiana a nervous smile. She had every reason to be nervous.

"Ms. Freeman—" Kiana's menacing voice cut her off. She sounded mean, even in her own opinion.

"What's the bullshit excuse?" She questioned, squinting as if it would do anything to help ease her tension. The Chinese woman heaved a sigh and ran a hand through her thin black hair. Kiana's patience was wearing thin, so she should start talking soon.

"I had to work late at my second—" She began, Kiana stopped her short again.

"Are you fucking joking? I—I can't even explain my thoughts right now." She laughed. Nicolette knew it wasn't her time to speak as much as she doubted her time would ever come. Kiana looked at the ceiling, a silent plea to her mother to reign down some of her kindness and acceptance from heaven.

"Do you see how this looks?" Kiana asked. Nicolette didn't know if that was a rhetorical question or not. But the deathly glare in her eyes gave some indication it was.

"You're two hours late. I pick one day and one time to randomly come by and check on the nurses and you come late." Kiana put her hands on her hips and looked at the grandfather clock nestled down the hallway.

"The major thing I'm concerned about is the lack of communication. You just snuck in here, without a word. I didn't get any sort of phone call from you. How long have you been doing this?" She whispered, taking a step closer to her. Kiana read her eyes and saw the uncertainty she held there. It was comical to watch the woman in such a panicky state.

"This is the first time." She said quietly. Kiana smirked, it was an attempt to mask her smile and muffle a laugh. She knew better than to take her word for it, the fact she had even asked was for pure amusement.

"He had to use the bathroom earlier. What if I hadn't been home?" Hearing herself ask the metaphorical question had her irritated again. Her father probably would've tried to get to the bathroom on his own, knowing him.

"This is your first and last, warning Nicolette. I don't fuck around when it comes to my father." Kiana snarled, looking the woman up and down before revolving to head back to her dad's room.

When Kiana opened the bedroom door, she seemed like the same person she had been before she left. Her dad was still sitting in his same spot on the bed, and Kiana had a strange impulse to move him. She strolled a few steps toward his bed.

"Let's go for a walk." She stated. The digital clock on the bedside table said she had 2 more hours until she started her 6 oclock shift. Time always moved quickly when she was in his company, even before his incident.

The childhood development seemed completely the same. She could remember long hot days that were filled with hanging out on the street and playing with the neighborhood kids. Her life as a child was probably the most carefree moments she could ever recall. Now things were so complicated. The responsibilities of 40 year old adults seemed to sit on her young, 19 year old shoulders.

She looked down onto her dad's head as she pushed him in his wheelchair. She played Ray Charles on her phone and it blared in her pocket for them both to hear. She just wanted him to feel as comforted as possible.

She couldn't believe her thoughts were wandering toward Sawyer—the number one person on her shit list as of that moment. She replayed their scene in her head a few times. The sexual jab was what really had her pissed. She wondered why he would ever think his behavior would hold her interest. The man must have had some past successful experiences with his manners. She couldn't imagine any woman with morals falling for him while he acted like that. Maybe it wasn't that act; he was extremely attractive. Although appearance wouldn't be enough to achieve a date with Kiana, she couldn't speak on behalf of shallow women. For example, some of the women she happened to have as co-workers. They'd be more than happy to open their legs for a man that resembled Sawyer, even with his attitude. Thoughts about her job made her check her wrist watch. She had a little less than an hour to get there. Kiana turned the wheelchair around and headed back home.

*

Kiana had gotten dressed at her dorm room and was just a minute shy from being late. She opened the front door, out of breath from running through the parking lot. When she headed toward the Employee's Only room to toss her things and get right to work, a voice halted her.

"Key!" Janelle called, rushing toward her. She had a plate of fries in her hand.

"Yeah?" She asked. Janelle shook her head and pursed her lips.

"That man is here, he's been sitting at that table for the past hour waiting for you." Janelle nodded to a table in the corner of the room, and luckily his seat was facing the opposite side so all she could see was his neck length blonde hair. His broad shoulders were hunched over the table and he just looked as if he'd been waiting a long time.

"Well look, he'll be waiting another century because I refuse to serve him." Kiana said, continuing her pursuit to the small room. She threw down her bag and then went back out to get started with work. But when she exited the room, she knew he was watching her. She checked his table and sure enough, his powerful blue eyes were right over his shoulder. His head was supported by his bent arm and he gazed at her so seductively with that signature cunning smile. Kiana wasn't concerned at all. She had a table full of women, and for the first time, she seemed happy to be busy. It would keep her conscious off the ocean blue eyes she could feel watching her every move.

A half hour passed before Kiana's work productivity was interrupted. She was in the midst of serving two hot plates when Eric pulled her to the side.

"What's up?" She asked. Eric's midnight black eyes looked into hers and she anticipated his words. She was almost certain they'd ruin her mood and 'work buzz' in some way.

"He's requesting you specifically. So go ahead and serve that table even though it's not assigned to you. Samantha will pick up your next one." He said. Kiana was unconsciously shaking her head while he spoke.

"No. How about Samantha takes him, and I keep my next customer." Her accusation was right and she was sure her annoyance came out in her voice. But she wasn't giving up a polite, tipping customer to take on a rude ass like Sawyer. Samantha would be more than happy to serve Sawyer, being one of the shallow bitches she referred to earlier.

"If he can't have you, he'd probably walk out that door. Now what would I look like allowing money to walk out the door? Mhm, exactly." He said, giving her a saucy raised eyebrow. Kiana gave him a smile. Seeing a glimpse of her ex- best friend's personality exit the strict manager's body was amusing. "Let's get started." He said.

Kiana really didn't have a choice on serving him. But she wasn't going to let this control her. She didn't need to treat him any differently from her other customers because that's all he was. She served the current plates in her hands to her table of women. They seemed to be having a good time, and were the source of over 50% of the laughter heard in the restaurant.

When everything was served, she sighed deeply and headed for Sawyer. His eyes were roaming over her body while she walked in his direction. He took in the spread appearance of the bridge of her nose, the wide nostrils sitting right above full, puckered brown lips, her eyes watched him menacingly with their chocolate brown color and curled lashes.

"To drink?" She asked, looking him head on. Sawyer thought for a moment. He looked as if he was really thinking about his beverage, but what exited his mouth shouldn't have surprised Kiana.

"How was your day?" He decided to ask, folding his hands over the table. Kiana noticed his attire today; it was much more relaxed. He looked like he'd just left the beach. His deeply waved hair was undisturbed and fell lightly around his jaw, reminding her of Thor. His sky blue polo was unbuttoned just a little and it complimented his tanned skin.

"The drink." She said in a forceful tone. Sawyer smiled and put his hands up in surrender. Kiana rolled her eyes to no one in particular. He seemed occupied by that expression.

"Can I have a Heineken gorgeous?" He praised. Kiana scoffed and went to get the beer. When she came back with the cold, condensating beer she placed it before him and reached for her notepad.

"Ready?" She asked, giving him an expectant look. Her pen was already to the pad.

"Kiana, listen to me," He started, leaning over the table. It wasn't a big table, so he filled a considerable amount of space between them. Kiana looked at his beseeching blue eyes without a hint of remorse. "I'm sorry. I should not have spoken to you like that the other day." She could tell he wasn't used to apologizing for anything, ever. He looked so uncomfortable, and he twirled his fingers in anxiousness. "But I'd love to get to know you better."

But Kiana wasn't easily wooed. And his little claim for forgiveness didn't break her façade; not even a little bit.

"So if you're not ready to order I'll come back." She said while she began to check on her other tables. She didn't have the chance to look at Sawyer's expression, but something told her it would've been humorous.

Shockingly, she no longer held any animosity toward him for his behavior. She had too many other things to focus her attention on, and he wasn't one of them. Although it wasn't safe to say she was ready to forget his actions entirely.

The rest of his dinner involved bold compliments and failed attempts to have conversations with Kiana. But she didn't fall victim to his words and now he was finally paying for his meal. She walked near his table and extended her hand for his debit card. He didn't hand it over.

"I think I asked how you were doing earlier, but I never got a response..." He said, giving her a dazzling grin. Kiana wasn't entertained, and she couldn't help but feel a déjà vu moment from the other night.

"Samantha is up front and you can pay with her." Kiana said while walking toward another table she was waiting on.

"Okay, okay." He pleaded, extending his hand and giving forth his card. Kiana snatched it out his hands— once again, fed up with him wasting her time. Sawyer sighed heavily when she was out of earshot. He didn't know how to win this woman over. She didn't seem interested in any of his antics and that was all he knew about being flirtatious. But he wasn't ready to give up.

*********

"Let's run it one more time and then we'll wrap it up." Naomi called from the front of the room. Kiana sighed, not quite ready to stop dancing yet. She stretched her neck in the mirror before her and got ready to pour her soul into the next count. Naomi called the beats and everyone entered their own worlds, including Kiana. When she danced, she was certain that life around her stopped and her worries were insignificant for the entire routine.

But when it was over, and her heart was racing, breaths deepened and face damp; she knew it was all temporary. So it wasn't a surprise to her that just like a depressant, stimulant or hallucinogen, she got addicted. Dancing was her own personal drug.

"Alright ladies, I'll see you next week!" Naomi called, strolling toward her small office while the dancers headed to the changing room. Kiana didn't though. She took a swig of her water bottle and eventually trailed behind Naomi. She took a bottomless breath and knocked on the door twice before opening it. She was drinking some water herself.

"Hey, I wanted to talk to you for a second if it's alright." Kiana said meekly. Her own uneasiness made her more nervous.

"Yeah, come sit." Naomi said, gesturing in the direction of a small chair. Kiana took it and Naomi sat on the edge of her desk. She looked at Kiana keenly.

"I need to quit this dance company." She said honestly. Naomi's perfectly groomed brows rose in shock and she tucked a lock from her A-line bob behind her ear.

"You say need—instead of want?" She questioned. Kiana exhaled.

"I can't afford this tuition, but I'm not complaining because it's worth every penny, I... I'm just having a hard time right now." She explained, dying off as her sentence came to an end. Naomi knew her situation with her father and she could only imagine how difficult it was for her.

"I understand. Although you're a wonderful dancer and I want to keep you here so I'm willing to work something out with you; get in as much as you can." She said. Kiana couldn't believe what she was hearing. She wasn't the type to accept a handout but she needed dance, so she'd make an exception.

"Thank you so much." Kiana said with as much meaning as she felt. Naomi gave her a coy smile.

"Yeah, yeah." Naomi replied with a smile. Kiana clasped her hands over her chest and let her smile sink fully into her cheeks.

"I know you're good for it." She called after her as she walked away. Kiana checked a wall clock and noted she had to get to work soon. She went in the back locker room to get dressed.

*****

Kiana managed to get to the Employee's Only room without any interference. That small benefit only added to her great mood. But she scanned the restaurant in search for blonde hair and sighed n relief when she didn't come across the familiar locks.

She walked toward her small mirror right beside Janelle's and went to take her seat. But a large bright, bouquet of flowers obscured her vision. They were a dozen of long yellow roses. She wound her face up in confusion and then proceeded to check the note card sticking out of the top. The front was simple with a pale pink background behind a delicate silver horizontal line. She opened it to see sloppy script inside.

"I can't make it tonight sweetheart, I'm working late. Forgive me. – Sawyer" Kiana couldn't believe this shit. This man never failed to piss her off, and ruin her mood. She looked around the room to see menacing glares from every woman in the room, watching her read the note card.

"What the fuck are ya'll looking at?" She snapped. Eventually, the women turned their expressions to each other to talk about her. Probably following the lines of why she'd ever receive such a gift, and who it was from. But she could care less about their thoughts. They could have the flowers if it concerned them that much.

Kiana spotted a small bin beside the door. She reached a hand inside the vase and held the roses by the stems. They dripped water down her fingers as she walked to throw them away. She dumped the vase's water down the bathroom sink and put the pot over the toilet. Finally at ease, she got ready for work.

"He must really like you." Janelle said, touching up her blush. Kiana spared her a fleeting look and then turned her attention back to her reflection.

 

"He isn't my type." She said. Janelle chuckled stiffly.

"Since when have you had a type?"

"Well look, I know jackass isn't what I need." She said sternly. Sawyer played too many games for her taste. He didn't know how to handle a real woman; that's the only explanation for why he expressed his attraction to her the way he did.

"That, I agree with. You're way too good for him." Kiana pursed her lips and nodded in response.

She wondered when her day would ever come to be completely happy with a man.

Sawyer continued to visit, harass and flirt with her while she worked. Sometimes he left 25 dollar tips, sometimes his number on a slip of paper that would never failed to see the recycle bin after Kiana's shift. But when he couldn't make it, he'd send more flowers. After one month, the rituals let up a bit. He'd visit less often and the flowers ceased. Kiana hated to come clean to herself, but she was disappointed he was losing interest in her.

"I'm Kiana. Can I start you off..." Kiana trailed off. Her eyes drifted toward the opened door. The winter's breeze seemed to run through the entrance and over her body. Sawyer walked through the door in an opened pea coat, beanie and dark jeans. A tall, modle like brunette was on his heels. She had on knee high boots and a large scarf. Kiana didn't know what emotion she was feeling—she had never felt it before. Her insides heated immensely at the same moment a sickening feeling filled her gut. She didn't feel jealous, she felt unwanted. With a hard swallow that seemed to sink all the way down her limbs and keep her feet grounded, she looked back at her young couple.

"I'm sorry." She said, cracking a strained smile that mimicked confusion. "I lost my train of thought—can I get you two something to drink?" She asked.

"Yes, two iced teas please." The man replied. It was obvious he was holding his date's hand under the table.

"Alright, I'll be right back." She said. She walked back to the counter and tried to be as undetectable as possible. But she could feel Sawyer watching her as he and the brunette sat waiting for a table. When she was out of view, she took a controlled breath and went to get their drinks.

She hoped they didn't get her table.

But when she came out from the barrier of the counter, Sawyer and the blonde were seated at a booth right behind the couple she was delivering the iced teas to. She groaned inwardly. Kiana walked past them and placed the drinks on the table.

"You guys ready to order?" She asked them, getting ready to take out her notepad.

"No not quite." Kiana nodded in acceptance.

"Alright, take your time." She concluded and then she turned on her heels to face Sawyer. The strikingly beautiful woman was engrossed in the menu while Sawyer gazed at Kiana. He still managed to look her over in a ravenous way. Kiana shook her head lightly.

"I'm Kiana, what can I get you to drink?" She asked, sounding a little more bored than she wanted. The woman looked up at her through grey irises and long lashes.

"Water?" She asked.

"Sure...you?" Kiana asked, turning her attention to Sawyer. He noted the weird glint in her stunning brown eyes and the drag in her voice.

"Are you okay?" He asked subtlety, as if he was really concerned. His personal question caught the attention of his date. She looked between the two in confusion.

"Stop it. I really don't feel like—"

"Kiana, this is Lindsey... my sister." Sawyer watched Kiana's face ease up, and a hint of relief took its place on her profile. It was just what he needed to see.

"Nice to meet you." Lindsey said.

"You too." Kiana said. She didn't want to admit it to herself, but that introduction made the rest of her night run smoother. Sawyer still watched her ass while she walked around the area and his eyes stayed glued to her lips when she spoke.

Toward the end of her shift, all her tables were eating at the same time. So Kiana used that window of time to quickly use the bathroom. When she relieved herself and went to wash her hands, a tall stature leaned against the sink counter.

Sawyer's arms were crossed over his chest. He wore a relaxed cable knit sweater over a pale green button down. He literally looked like a male model.

"Excuse me." Kiana said, ignoring the fact that he was in the women's bathroom. He didn't move out of the way though. Instead he took three steps in her direction. Kiana didn't back away, nor did she recoil. She looked up into his eyes and they found themselves deep in a staring match. She roved over his features. Her nose was slim and European while his lips were thin and pink with their perfect cupid's bow. Sawyer leaned his head a little closer to hers and puckered his lips slightly.

Kiana's first instinct was to turn her head and give him a sour look.

"What the hell are you doing?" She questioned incredulously. That damn smile. His smirk would be the death of her one day. It came at moments where she'd think smiling would be completely inappropriate. But she was learning Sawyer was unpredictable.

"You want me Kiana." He said, somehow anchoring an arm around her lower waist and molding their bodies together. Kiana put both hands against his hard chest and tried to push them apart but his other hand found its way around her body. His palm grazed the small of her back just barely.

"Get the fuck over yourself." She sneered, finally giving up on the idea of leaving his grasp. She hadn't noticed how tall he was. He had to be 6'3. He felt so damn good around her though, and his cologne was intoxicating. She couldnt recall the last time her stomach fluttered so much. But all of those thoughts weren't detectable externally. Sawyer chuckled.

"Is there ever a moment when you aren't cursing love? However I'd be lying if I said it didn't turn me on." He growled, tightening his grip around her just the slightest bit.

"Let me go." She warned.

"You were feeling something when I came here with my sister. You thought I was dating her." He stated, watching her reaction closely. Kiana gulped audibly at the same time her cheeks grew hot with embarrassment. But she retorted quickly.

"You wished I felt something." She said back. "I don't care about you Sawyer. Why don't you see that?" She asked, looking him right in his perfect eyes. She read the disappointment and felt the dullness of his body. He uncoiled his arms and nodded in recognition. She watched as he stuffed his hands in his pockets and walked out the door. Kiana washed her hands mechanically and then caught a look at her reflection.

"Jesus." She said, in reply to her thoughts. She wanted him.

End Notes:

Simone Niy on Amazon Kindle

Chapter 3 by coconiy101
Author's Notes:

Simone Niy onAmazon Kindle

"2 minutes until we start rolling!" Sawyer called fiercely, walking through the set toward the news anchors. They sat in their chairs, prepping with makeup and lint rollers. Sawyer held a warm cup of hazelnut coffee in his hand. He took a quick sip and fell in love with the taste. After the 20th time, Carla had finally gotten it right; regular sugar but extra, extra cream.

"Your seat's ready." His assistant Carla whispered. She was so timid and shy; she was perfect for her job. Sawyer wanted someone easy to please and ready to serve. He gave her a mere nod and then headed up a few steps into his work area. He opened the door and strolled inside. During the duration of those steps, he morphed into his working character. He became someone who was focused, attentive and irritable to those who crossed his path. Luckily he had his job for over 5 years, and those who knew him, knew he wasn't to be tested in this state.

The small area was dimmed low but the panel of little screens gave off enough light. The screen curved around a U shaped desk and illuminated a plush computer chair. He took his signature seat and put on the headset.

"Rolling in 5, 4, 3, 2..." Within an instant the news anchor was reading the teleprompter in her perfect diction and enticing voice. Sawyer took another swallow of his coffee and leaned back in his chair. After a few minutes of hearing her talk, they switched to the male anchor.

"Focus camera D." Sawyer said. In an instant, the perspective was now from a different angle. The anchor was twisting his head at a slight slant, giving everyone an ideal view of his profile and the undersized animated box that held a picture of his topic in the top right corner.

After a half hour, Sawyer got a text that set his jeans vibrating. He took out his phone to see it was his half brother.

Bad accident on Boxwood rd. Just hppnd 2 mins ago.

Sawyer was on it before he could finish reading the text. He pressed a button on his control keyboard panel and punched in another headset.

"Get someone out to Boxwood Road to look at an accident. I want this done within the next five minutes." He said. He could only imagine the chaos happening behind the set to get someone on the road. The female anchor was speaking again, and he paged the teleprompter manager but didn't speak.

"After the break we'll be taking a look at the upcoming snow storm, the turkey convention in Archmere, an 80 year old woman who defended herself in a robbery—"

Sawyer intercepted.

"Accident on Boxwood road." He said quickly. The teleprompter now held those words for her to read off.

"And new information about an Accident on Boxwood Road, right after this." The camera man cued the commercial and the smile fell right from the woman's face. Sawyer threw off his headset and ventured down the steps to get some facts on the accident he just promised the entire state of Rhode Island he'd have information on within the next 5 minutes. Carla was already on her way to meet him.

"What's going on with this car I sent out?" He asked, stalking through the backstage area. He passed a camera man and stopped him.

"You're using too much exposure on them. I want to see that background better—tell everyone so they make sure the cameras are on the same levels. If they aren't, I'm holding you responsible." He said. Then with a light nod of his head, the young man was dismissed. He approached Tim, the one in charge of the vehicles. As if already knowing what Sawyer had on his mind, he spoke.

"We have a reporter on the site now, they're ready." He said.

"Are there photos? Do we have a clear view? " He griped in an agitated voice.

"We have pictures and I sent out a chopper to view the accident from bird's eye view." Will said, trying to calm him before his temper escalated. Although Sawyer was pleased with his proactivity, you'd never know it. He turned on his heels and headed back to his office without a word. Carla followed him up until he reached the steps of his office. When the door closed behind him, she sighed out in relief.

****

Sawyer was finished work at around 7:30. He opened the back stage door that let out to the parking lot. The crisp freezing air hit his face and he pulled his hat down a little further on his head. He started his car with his automatic starter and made his way toward it. While his little VW warmed up, his mind roamed over various topics.

Kiana.

No matter when or where he had an extra moment to think, he couldn't help but use it on the beautiful girl. She was everything he could ever ask for in a woman, yet he ruined his chances of ever getting her. He couldn't believe that he thought treating such a wonderful person like that would get him on their good side. He unconsciously took a deep sigh of regret and his breath smoke filled the air.

But along with the sigh came realization. He apologized more than once, and that was pretty much all he could do to make up for his behavior. Sawyer was done begging. He was done feeling bad about something that could've happened. He'd made his mistake and he tried to make up for it but Kiana wouldn't accept his efforts. He still couldn't believe she had gotten him to even think of expressing regret. That wasn't him at all. He was naturally cold hearted, straightforward and confident in everything he did. Sawyer wouldn't lose himself over someone he couldn't even have. He was definitely back to his old ways—for good.

His phone rang in his pocket and he checked the I.D.

"What's up?" Sawyer answered, finally putting the key in his ignition.

"Hey, since its Lindsey's last day here Alison was going to make dinner for everyone. You coming by?" His half brother Declan asked. Sawyer didn't have anything else better to do, but he didn't entirely want to spend his time with them. Declan could sense his hesitation, so he used some more words to coax him.

"It's her last day, don't be a dick." He said a little more hushed, obviously trying not to be heard by other people in the room. Sawyer skipped the turn to his apartment and took the one to Declan's house.

"Alright. I'm on my way." He said bitterly. He hung up the phone and let the Indie music fill the chilled space. He liked spending time with his siblings but there were just sometimes where he'd like to be alone. Since Lindsey was going back home to Arizona tomorrow, he felt compelled to spend more time with her.

Declan, Lindsey and Xavier were all close to Sawyer. They had been the best of friends throughout their younger lives. Although they all have different mothers and were no more than 1 year apart in age, their father made sure to keep them in one another's company. Sawyer was somewhat glad; it left no room for animosity. Especially considering the fact his father and mother had been together for over 35 years and divorced around the time Lindsey, the youngest was born. His father was the perfect definition of a 'Rolling Stone' as his kids liked to tease.

But Sawyer was angry with his father; his hatred grew as he did. He got used to seeing his mom worried yet still acting as if they were the perfect family. His dad came home at a different hour every day; sometimes early in the morning, right before he went to bed or even waiting for him when he got off the bus. How his parents lasted 35 years was astounding to him. After he graduated from high school, his dad disappeared for over 6 months. He returned high off drugs and in terrible shape. Now he hung out on the streets and searching for anything to smoke.

Sawyer pulled up to his brother's house and could hear the laughter going on. He walked up the porch steps and opened the door. Everyone was sitting at the table and he took off his jacket to hang it up.

"Alison, he's here!" Declan called for his wife, ready to eat. Sawyer went to the bathroom to wash his hands up, never being the one to put anything towards his mouth with dirty hands. When he was done he sat next to Lindsey and got ready for the food.

"Thanks for that text." Sawyer told Xavier. Xavier had short buzz cut black hair and deep grey eyes like their father. He looked the most like him out of all his siblings.

"No problem." Alison placed a large dish of shrimp, chicken and crab Alfredo on the table. Her husband seemed ready to dive in, but he knew better.

"Grace." Alison stated, reaching her hands out to those around her. Sawyer linked hands with Lindsey and Xavier.

"Thank you for bringing everyone to this table today Lord, bless them all as well as the food we're about to eat. Amen."

*

When everyone was full of food, they moved to the living room. A TV show played quietly in the background but they were all immersed in conversation. Sawyer sipped on his iced tea idly, not too in the mood to converse.

"Has anyone seen dad?" Lindsey asked. Everyone was silent for awhile. She knew he was on and off drugs but she missed him the most out of everyone.

"It's been a month since he came by." Alison told her. There was about 5 minutes worth of silence before someone spoke again.

"You still stalking that chick?" Declan asked. Alison was nestled into his side on the couch. They both gave Sawyer a smile. He groaned. They were beginning to get on his nerves.

"I didn't even know you liked black wom—"Lindsey cut Xavier off.

"Maybe it isn't about her skin color." She said, getting defensive on the Kiana's behalf.

"Alright I'm going." Sawyer said, leaning in to hug Lindsey. It was obvious she didn't want him to leave but he wasn't in the mood to be in anyone's company.

"Aw Sawyer don't go." Alison said, trying to make him stay.

"Goodnight, thanks for dinner." He said right before he closed the front door and stuffed his hands into his pockets on the way to his car.

***

Sawyer left work and headed to his car. It was 8 o'clock and there was somewhere close to 5 inches of snow on the ground, along with hard winds in the air and close to freezing temperatures. A State of Emergency had been called just minutes ago so he'd have to hurry and get home. He used his gloved hand to wipe away a piece of snow from his window and got in the car. After successfully getting out of the parking spot without being able to see a thing, he did a hard stop at the stoplight and the snow remains fell off his window.

He was happy to see no one was on the roads, so he could go as fast or slow as he wanted. After a few minutes, the windows were cleared and Sawyer was making his way home. But something caught his eye on the sidewalk and by the curves in her hot pink coat he had dreamed of countless time, he already knew who it was.

He pulled up along the bus stop before he could process what he was doing. Sawyer rolled down his front window and spoke.

"You need a ride?" He asked. Kiana stole a look at her wrist watch; the bus was 15 minutes late. She huddled up inside her coat and gloves a little more.

"No, the bus is just a little late. Thanks though." She said, giving him a weak smile. Sawyer shook his head before she had even finished her statement.

"The bus isn't coming, there's a State of Emergency." He told her. He didn't think he'd ever see Kiana again and a piece of him wished he never had. While he stared into her brown eyes, he realized how easy it was to fall for her from the beginning. But she said it herself; she didn't want him. And as far as he was concerned, he didn't want her either—at least that's what he was trying to tell himself.

"Shit." She said to herself. She didn't have many other options then to go with him. She threw her bags a little bit further over her arm and headed for his car. Sawyer rolled the window back up and couldn't believe he had this woman in his car. Kiana sat inside and melted into the heater.

Sawyer peeled back onto the road and could see Kiana shivering in his side eye vision. He shot a glance at her and his heart skipped a beat.

He passed the highway exit to get to his house.

"Where are we going? You didn't even ask me where I lived." She said.

"I'm not driving over that bridge to take you home." He stated in a cold, dominating voice. Kiana was furious.

"Are you serious? Why didn't you say that when you picked me up?" She complained. Kiana gripped the door handle when he accelerated to 80 miles an hour and took a hard stop at a stop sign.

"Shut up or get out." He said looking her right in the eyes. Kiana threw him the most menacing stare she could but he was throwing it right back at her. After a few minutes of hearing the engine run, he could do no more than guess she was going to ride with him. For the rest of the ride Sawyer drove a little too fast for it to be a blizzard or a state of emergency. He parked on the corner of an apartment building and stepped out. Kiana followed his lead and struggled with getting her bags back over her shoulder paired with the foot of snow.

Sawyer contemplated helping her with her bags, but then he changed his mind. He opened the front door to the apartment and headed up the first flight of stairs—not even caring where Kiana was. He opened his front door and left it open for her. When Kiana finally got into the apartment, she was pissed. He literally left her outside. Sawyer was starting the electric fireplace while Kiana quickly took off her cold jacket and shoes.

Sawyer traveled to his room as soon as it was running. Kiana finally had a moment to sulk in her emotions. She was almost sure he wanted nothing to do with her; she missed her chance with him. She took a seat on the huge couch and snuggled up with herself. She took a glance around and saw all the theatre like accents in his house. There were at least 3 expensive cameras lying around, he had a bookcase full of Shakespeare, Feodor Dostoievski, Andrew Marvell, John Donne, and Edgar Allan Poe. He was obviously into show business. She looked on the walls and saw the photographs and wondered if he had taken the pictures. Many of them were landscape shots with sunsets or thunderstorms.

Kiana was dozing off on the couch when Sawyer's bedroom door opened. He exited in boxer briefs that made Kiana's pussy pulse. His dick was a pouch between his legs and his happy trail was slim right above his belly. He wasn't ripped, but there wasn't much fat on his body either. He placed a comforter, pillow, loose boxers and a tee-shirt on the back of the couch before turning back around and strutting back to his room.

"You're a terrible host." Kiana whispered, meaning it to only be for her own ears. But Sawyer caught wind of her sweet voice.

"What was that?" He asked, turning back around and standing in the door way of his room. His expression was one of a mother who caught her child mumbling under their breath in a disrespectful way.

"I said you're a terrible host." He scoffed and turned around, back to his room. Kiana sighed in defeat, and couldn't wait to go home to never deal with this man again.

After an hour of studying, she raided Sawyer's kitchen for something quick to eat. She decided a turkey sandwich would be great for when she got out the shower, so she made it hastily and sat it on a plate. While the water warmed up, she went through his bathroom cabinets. He didn't have much medicine. But he did have a lot of combs, floss, toothpaste and Listerine. He was obviously a perfectionist; you could see it by how tidy and placed his apartment was. Everything had a certain purpose for its location. The clean cut way he dressed would only confirm it.

When she was finished showering, she grabbed one of his towels and wrapped it around herself. It was the longest one he had, but it only covered 1/3 of her thigh. She didn't have any intention on seeing him for the rest of the night so she'd be fine.

When she went into the kitchen, the plate that held her sandwich before her shower only held crumbs. Kiana was livid.

"What the fuck?" She said to herself. "Sawyer!" She called. She was too heated to notice she only had on her towel. She took a few steps out the kitchen to see him appearing from behind his room door, chewing on something she could only guess was her sandwich. There was a little more than half left in his hands.

"What?" He asked with a mouth full of food. If only Kiana knew how much it took for him to respond. His dick was stirring each extra second he looked at her. The tiny green towel worked in her curve's kindness, and showcased what he already knew she had. Her skin was glossy from her shower, the deep chocolate brown seeming a little darker. And her face—she was nude and he didn't think he had ever seen her so naturally stunning.

"You ate my damn sandwich!" She exclaimed, pointing her open palm toward the ceiling but in the direction of his hand. Sawyer gulped and sighed simultaneously, stepping closer to her.

"I ate my sandwich." He growled, looking down on her. He knew too well that Kiana wouldn't back down. But neither would he.

"I made it." She stated.

"I bought everything in this house. Even that towel you're wearing... you should be lucky I'm not telling you to take it off." He said, smirking and looking her up and down at the same time. He tried to envision her expression as he gazed at her broad hips and couldn't stifle his chuckle when he imaginged correctly; irritated as ever.

"Get out of my face; I can't even stand to look at you." Kiana mumbled, tightening her fist to subdue her rage. Sawyer of course, stepped closer to her and their faces were now only an inch apart. He puckered his lips at her and topped it all off with a bright smile.

"You're an ass." She snarled. Just to spite her, he brought the sandwich back up to his lips and proceeded to take another bite. His lips wrapped around the bread and he fought back a smile as he watched her.

"Not enough mayonnaise sweetheart." He complained. Kiana was sure steam was exiting her ears and horns were growing out her crown. She hadn't been this angry since she'd first met Sawyer. As if it were reflexes, she knocked the entire sandwich out his hand and onto his linoleum floor. It sounded with a loud thud and the contents spilled onto his cleaned floor. She was sure his stickler trait was giving him a hard time coping with the mess she made right beside his foot.

Now it was Sawyer's turn to scowl while Kiana tried to hide her grin. Just as a chuckled was about to leave her lips, Sawyer framed his hand around the back of her neck and forced their lips together. Kiana struggled against his hold, pushing at his chest, gripping his blond hair and trying to turn her head away from his but he held her too tightly. He enveloped her into a hug that restricted her body of anything.

Sawyer kissed her because he was sure she'd hate it and her anger was his only drive. But confusion filled his face when her rigid, unresponsive lips began to work against his own. They went plush and moved rhythmically onto his face. She was enjoying it. Sawyer pulled away and gave Kiana a look that made her unbelievably self conscious.

"What?" She asked. Her lips were so swollen and red. Kiana couldn't explain how it felt to be held so tightly. After all the stress, and needing to be strong on her own, she had someone to support her for once. Even if for only 8 seconds. The kiss was a symbolism of relief. Her rage had subsided and lust took its place. She wanted more from him. As if Sawyer read her mind and wanted nothing more than to fulfill her request, he leaned back in.

He took her lips much more delicately then he had the first time. She responded immediately and raised her hands to cradle the back of his head. Sawyer bathed in her touch and the smooth feel of her lips. He slipped his tongue out of his mouth and into hers. Kiana whined at the electricity she felt when their tongues clashed inside her mouth. He seemed to caress every inch of her mouth, taking his time to enjoy her affection for once.

 

His hands wandered down her waist to her backside. And he massaged her bottom until the towel rose up enough for him to feel the flesh. He loved her body in his arms; he'd get addicted soon. She wasn't delicate in the least, but he wanted nothing more than to be careful with her. The strong emotion of need scared him just the slightest bit.

His hands moved a little lower into her pussy. Her legs were closed so he could only feel her thick, silky lips. Sawyer needed more. He departed from her lips to kneel before her. He looked up into her eyes and saw her looking right back at him with hooded lids. He cradled her behind her thighs and kissed her closed pussy lips one good time. Kiana gripped the counter when he threw her leg over his shoulder and buried deep into her snatch.

Kiana couldn't keep her eyes open even though she desperately wanted to watch him. Sawyer suckled on her clit as if it would give him much needed nourishment. He let her warm juice settle in his mouth and he welcomed her savory taste. Kiana undid her towel and let it fall to the ground. Sawyer looked over her mound to catch a glance of her tits. They were large and hung a little lower then what he was used to seeing. But what he'd seen had never been more than a C or B cup and he was sure Kiana was much bigger than that. Her areolas were large and round with a deep, almost black color. Her nipples were stiff and rose with her heavy heaving.

"I'm about to cum." She whispered noiselessly. Sawyer slipped a finger inside her warmness and her cave adapted to the shape of his digits. He slowly moved his finger in and out of her while he trailed his tongue up and down her soaking slit. He was taking control of her orgasm; she'd cum on his time. Just as he had to wait for her interest on her time.

"Sawyer stop... fucking around." She said breathlessly. Kiana didn't know that each time she tried to force her impending orgasm on him, the more he'd delay it. Sawyer rose to his feet with his hands still pumping her. He towered over her for only a moment before he bent down to latch onto her nipple. Kiana bit her lip while they watched each other. He flicked her nipple with his tongue and nursed on her chest for a good few minutes.

When both nipples had equal parts of attention, he pecked her right before he began pounding inside her. His hand moved at furious speeds and Kiana was damn near screaming in his arms as he cradled her. Sawyer felt her body contract and her thighs twitch repeatedly. Shivers rippled through her body as she came, and even after, she still clenched onto his chest while her pussy convulsed from her sensations. When she settled down, Sawyer pulled his fingers out and allowed a trail of her sticky juice to connect his hand and her pussy until the line wouldn't stretch any further. He put his fingers toward her solid lips and sighed as he watched her taste herself. Her lips framed his fingers and she cleaned his fingers of her own product.

"Goodnight." He said, right before walking out of the kitchen.

"You eat me out and then make me sleep on the couch?" Kiana asked before he was out of earshot. Sawyer turned around and didn't try to hide his full on erection.

"It's for your own good; you aren't ready for what comes with sleeping in my bed, little girl." He said, adjusting his balls for emphasis as he spoke. Kiana scoffed with a smirk as he turned around and headed back for his room.

End Notes:

Simone Niy on Amazon Kindle

Chapter 4 by coconiy101
Author's Notes:

Simone Niy on Amazon Kindle

Kiana woke up to a voice obviously trying to be hushed. She stayed motionless under the comforter but made sure her ears were picking up everything.

"Hey, I made breakfast... in case you wanted to come by." A woman said from the other side of the door. Sawyer was much more hushed than she was, that made Kiana smirk.

"No that's alright. I've already started breakfast over here." He said. He couldn't even think of having sex with another woman while Kiana's essence was still on his fingers from the night before. He'd fallen asleep with those digits on his face. Kiana could hear the bacon cooking from the kitchen and she wondered if there was some in there for her.

"Alright well I'll go wrap up my food and come back in a few minutes." Pathetic, Kiana thought. The woman obviously couldn't take a hint if it was thrown at her as slowly as Sawyer was pitching it.

"Not today Rachel." He said, finally letting his asshole ways surface to set the woman straight. not ever. Kiana corrected mentally.

"You sure? I'd stay a little bit longer too..." She said seductively. So that's what kind of guy he was; sex with his neighbour. Kiana couldn't say it surprised her.

"I'm sure." He said. She must have done a silent gesture, or maybe Sawyer closed the door in her face. But that was pretty much it for that conversation. Kiana got off the couch at the same moment he entered the kitchen. She took her time walking up on him. He was beating some eggs in a bowl and looked the same as he did last night.

"Sorry you had to turn down some pussy on my behalf." She sighed somewhat mockingly. Sawyer chuckled but didn't face her.

"Trust me, I didn't turn it down because you were here." He stated. Kiana rolled her eyes at his arrogance.

"Glad to hear that." She said with 100 percent sarcasm. Kiana's thoughts darted toward her father. She rummaged through her bag for her cell phone; she had 20% left which was enough to make one phone call. She looked at Sawyer's flexing back muscles while he cooked over the counter. He didn't need to hear all her business. She put her jeans back on and opened his front door without a word. When she got to the base of the steps, she looked out a small window and took out her phone. She dialled a number and it rang a few times.

"Hello?" The woman answered. She recognized it immediately.

"Hey Nicolette, I'm so glad you're there. How is he doing?" She asked. She tucked her free arm under the one holding the phone to her ear as she took slow steps around the area.

"Yeah, I got here just before they called the State of Emergency. But he's fine, just woke up a few minutes ago so I'm about to get him some breakfast."

"Okay, can you put me on speakerphone for a sec?" Kiana asked her.

"You're on it now." It sounded like she was at a distance.

"Hey dad. I'm alright, nice and safe. They called a state of emergency so I'll be stuck inside for a bit. But as soon as it's over I'll come by—I promise. I'm spending my entire Thanksgiving break with you. And I think that's all... I love you daddy." She made sure to put emphasis on the last phrase. But she wasn't expecting what she heard next.

"I...lov—lov." His weak, raspy voice stumbled over the syllables. Tears welled up in her eyes as he tried to get the words out of his mouth.

"It's alright daddy. I know you love me." She said, sniffling over the receiver. She wiped away her only tear and then took a deep breath.

"I'll talk to you later. See you Nicolette." Kiana hung up the phone and looked out the window she was now directly in front of. Everything was a blinding white and nothing was visible under the thick layer of snow. She desperately wanted to be in his company at that moment.

*

She opened the apartment door and saw Sawyer putting spoonfuls of food on pretty mahogany plates. Kiana took her a seat at the dining room table. It was small and only had 1 chair on each side. But it was perfect for his apartment. He made her eggs, bacon and pancakes. Everything looked edible and she was pretty impressed.

"I'm gonna go brush my teeth and then we can go." Kiana said between bites. Sawyer raised his eyebrows in surprise and confusion.

"It's still a state of emergency so we'll be stuck in the house a little longer than expected. It hasn't even stopped snowing." Kiana couldn't believe what she was hearing. She'd be stuck in this apartment with him another day. She wasn't sure if that was what she wanted or not, but she didn't have any more underwear, hair products, clothes or body wash. So Sawyer would definitely be seeing her at her worst.

She sighed heavily.

"I have absolutely nothing I need." She whispered to herself.

"What the hell do you have in those bags?" He asked, glancing at the two big bags by the entrance Kiana brought with her.

"Things that aren't useful now." She mumbled. Sawyer was out his seat in a second. He put his thumb in his mouth, sucking off some syrup right before he disappeared behind her and toward the door. Kiana watched him search through her bags. He pulled out her 4 Psychology textbooks and notepads.

"I know your back hurts from carrying this stuff." He said, sitting the books in a neat pile on the floor right before flipping through some of the pages. Kiana shrugged her shoulders but in actuality, her back ached often. The second bag held her work and ballet clothes. He gave her an impressed look as he took out her Pointe shoes.

"You dance?" He asked, beginning to put everything back in its place. Kiana rolled her eyes at the obvious question but decided not to be nasty with him. For once he wasn't giving her a real reason to be, so she'd cherish this moment.

"Yeah." He came to sit back down and finish the last bits of his food. Kiana was nowhere near done.

"How long have you been doing that?" He asked, seeming interested. Kiana thought for a few seconds.

"Probably 10 years." Sawyer wound his face up into an expression of mystification.

"How old are you? I had some idea you were young but I didn't know how young."

"I turned 19 in Jul—" Sawyer cut her off with a booming laugh.

"You're only 19! You really are a little girl for Christ's sake." He said, running a hand through his feather light blonde hair.

Kiana settled a little deeper in her seat. That comment made her uncomfortable. She now understood how Laura Ingalls felt when Almonzo Wilder only saw her as a child while she knew she was much more than that. Sawyer chuckled to himself and Kiana swallowed some more food.

"You weren't saying that last night." She retorted. Sawyer's demeanour dwindled down to something else. He evaluated her thoroughly, remembering last night when he'd pleasured her so well. She was crying out in satisfaction and had gotten him harder then he'd probably ever been. She was definitely a woman, probably more of a woman than half the 26 year olds he'd been with. His tee shirt clung to her bare tits and she crossed her smooth legs under the table.

"That's very true." He replied. Kiana was wetting herself in the most sensual of ways. She tightened her legs over the other to restrain the twinge she was close to letting him know she was experiencing. But Sawyer knew, he was starting to learn her expressions. Her forehead would crinkle just the slightest bit when she was annoyed but her lips would part directly before her eyes glazed over when he turned her on. Kiana could only convince herself she was difficult to read.

"I'm guessing you're a psychology major." He stated, bring a cup over his lips.

"Good guess." She said.

"Why?" He questioned. Kiana shrugged her shoulders before she spoke.

"I found it interesting in high school." She explained. Sawyer smirked.

"You took psychology in high school?" He questioned. Kiana nodded meekly and his chuckled turned into a full out laugh.

"What's so funny?" She asked.

"Nothing, it's just that—" He laughed a little more. "You don't look like a nerd." Kiana wasn't amused.

"So what do you do?" She asked, trying to take the spotlight off of herself and point it on him.

"I'm a news director." He told her. Kiana pursed her lips and nodded lightly.

"Hm, sitting on your ass and telling other people what to do sounds like a pretty stress free job." She took a bite of her strip of bacon.

"I agree it does. But if only that's what I actually did..." Kiana smirked, he was a little too witty for her.

"I'm sure it's not that much different."

"You can think what you want, but it's hard work." He took their plates and stood up out of his seat. Kiana's eyes followed him to the kitchen as he put them in the sink.

"Come." He said to her. He took languid steps in the direction of his bedroom, but Kiana still stood in the dining room.

"What's in there that I need?" She questioned with a raised eyebrow. She didn't know what his intentions were but she could only guess it was sexually driven. He sighed in defeat.

"TV, or do you want to sit out here all day and stare at the walls?" He snapped. After 2 more seconds of thinking it over, she eventually followed him to his bedroom.

It held the same theme as his theatre living room but only a little more forward. There were camera's everywhere, movies lined up and down his wall and photos splayed over ever inch. A small closet displayed accurately arranged clothes and a door beside it must've been the bathroom. An Apple desktop sat in the corner over a black desk. His bed was large and made perfectly, with every corner tucked and smoothed.

"You can lie on the bed if you want." He proposed, stepping around her and taking his spot on the side closest to the door. Wearily, she walked around and sat her back against the headboard just as he did. Some TV show played quietly on the screen in front of them.

"Can we watch a movie?" Kiana asked, looking at him. He nodded to the wall behind her. She got out of bed to search through his collection. He had a wide range of genres and she was surprised to see the variations. Her favorite movie Fast 5 was the 3rd from the top and she grabbed it. His DVD player was right below the TV so she didn't need assistance with putting it in. She climbed back into bed when it began to play.

Sawyer could hardly focus on the movie. Kiana's velvety brown legs were crossed at the ankle, giving him a clear view of her toned calf. She was so shapely; he couldn't believe she danced. He stole a quick glance at her face and took a swallow. Kiana furrowed her brow when she felt his gaze on her for no more than a second.

A half hour or so passed when Sawyer started shifting on the bed. Kiana was too engrossed in the drag racing scene to notice he was inching toward her. It wasn't until his breath started tickling her neck was when she instinctively inched away. But Sawyer anticipated her movements and somehow kept her in place.

He was tenderly suckling and nipping on the skin of her neck. Kiana closed her eyes for a mere second. Her breath caught in her throat and when she exhaled it came out as a moan.

"I'm watching the movie." She sounded so weak, even though she had intentions on being stern. Sawyer kissed her neck, collar bone and the corner of her mouth before he stopped distracting her. He lay down in bed and pulled the covers up over himself.

"Come here." His baritone voice washed over her in ripples of pleasure.

"I said I was still—"

"I didn't ask you to turn the TV off, don't be complicated." He said in an even voice. His kisses were still reaping havoc over her body because she put the covers over her legs and slid down onto the bed and off the headboard without a fight. She laid her head on the pillow and stared up into the TV.

The movie was coming to an end when a rhythmic breathing filled her ears and an arm gathered her by her midsection. She gave Sawyer an annoyed look. But she met his closed lids. Kiana used that second to absorb his face. He looked so innocent. Looking at his visage, she couldn't believe what an insolent asshole he could be, but she knew firsthand.

Before Kiana could realize it, his warmth and comfort was coaxing her to sleep too.

Kiana woke Sawyer, but not intentionally. She was sweating profusely and speaking about something in her sleep. Sawyer kept her in his arms but listened to her words. He heard his name a few times, along with the phrase 'one night stand'. He was kind of hurt she thought of him that way but then again, he's done nothing to disclaim it. She had all the evidence to make that accusation. But he wanted more from her then that. He couldn't wait to talk to her about it when she woke up. When it seemed like she was beginning to calm down, she started talking about something else.

She kept saying the word 'daddy'. Was she talking about Sawyer? She couldn't be, she didn't seem like the type to be into that. Then she went on to rant about how he wouldn't speak to her and how much she loved him. Maybe it would be too soon to question her about her dreams. Sawyer felt like he was violating her privacy by listening to her mumbles. He wanted her to tell him everything on her own. It wasn't up to her what she said while she slept, so Sawyer tried to still consider all her words as private thoughts.

*

When Kiana woke up, she was in darkness. The wind began howling against the window and she almost forgot where she was. But the heavy body trapping her to the bed allowed her to remember.

"Sawyer." Kiana called softly. He didn't even budge. She tapped him on his arm a few times and he stirred awake with a deep sigh.

"Hm?" He groaned, holding onto her a little tighter and restricting her movement even more. He was a very possessive sleeper.

"I think the power is out." She whispered. Absolutely nothing was lit and the TV that was playing Fast 5 when she fell asleep was now pitched black. After a few seconds, Sawyer got out of bed. Kiana couldn't see what he was doing or where he was going but she tried to follow him with her ears. He rummaged through his drawers and came out with a flashlight. He turned it on and shined it right in her face.

Kiana squinted at the light and brought a hand up to cover her eyes. He went out to the living room and after a few minutes he came back with a few lit candles. She couldn't explain what she was feeling but she loved the fuzziness she felt. It was nice to have the candles lit in the darkness.

"Help me eat all the food in the fridge." He mumbled before trotting back into the living room. Kiana chuckled and followed him out with a candle in hand. He was leaning into the fridge and Kiana tried not to admire his body. He was so toned; the slightest movement highlighted a new muscle. His skin was silky and blemished in a few tiny, cute freckles and moles.

Sawyer was throwing food on the counters. He had fruits, shrimps, sandwich ingredients, milk and other random foods bound to spoil soon, splayed for her choosing. Kiana gravitated toward the fruits and put a green apple up to her lips. She leaned into a corner against the counters and watched Sawyer put chocolate syrup into his half gallon of milk. He put in a generous amount then shook it.

Kiana couldn't deny; it looked good. He added in enough for the once white milk to resemble the color of an almond. He took the container to his lips and drank pretty much half. Kiana held out her hand when he finally took a second to breathe. Sawyer moved on to the shrimp after she took over the milk.

Sawyer pushed the tray of shrimp toward her and watched as she climbed onto his counter. She crossed her legs; every time she sat down she crossed them. It was a sexy movement and he was sure she didn't intend it to be. He gazed at her as she ate and drank in silence. She was so sensual. Her curly hair was wild from her nap and she hardly looked 19. He didn't know how he'd gotten there, but he was somehow standing right before her. He put a hand between her crossed legs and parted them forcefully.

"What—" Kiana was about to protest to being roughed up like that, but Sawyer cut her short.

"Hush." He stood between her open knees and put his hands around her thighs.

She'll learn. He thought while he looked into her scowling eyes. She'd learn to watch her tone with him because he'd only tolerate so much from her, with was . She wanted to be in control and have her way; it gave her comfort to call the shots. But Sawyer made that vow he wouldn't lay on his back when it came to her anymore, it never worked out in his favor.

"Can I ask you a question?" Kiana said through somewhat clenched teeth. Sawyer gave her a suspicious look before nodding in approval.

"Why me? Out of all those girls in Hooters that look like they'd be more your type." Kiana couldn't wait to hear his answer.

"What's my type?" He asked. Kiana should've known better then to expect him to not be complicated. She sucked her teeth and suddenly grew tired.

"Never mind. Can I get some more clothes?" She asked. Sawyer laughed as if someone said a pretty amusing joke. Kiana looked at him as if he were crazy. He continued to laugh as he buried his head deep into her neck. His breath pressed against the sensitive spot and she fought a tremble of excitement.

"...ass." That was all she got from his sentence.

"What?" She asked again. Sawyer chuckled a little more and then pulled his head up so she could hear him.

"I said you had the nicest ass." He could barely get out his sentence before he started howling again. Kiana had no idea on how that was funny but he turned red from his own pleasure. Kiana however, wasn't smiling.

"You stood out from the rest. For obvious reasons." It sounded like he was referring to the color of her skin, but in truth he was speaking on her beauty. Her co-workers were all gorgeous women, and probably were used to high amounts of attention. But they all looked the same. They tried to emulate a natural glow with tans and wore their hair straight in the same cut. Their bodies were all robotically slim and slender. But Kiana had mastered that sun kissed chocolate skin awhile ago with her voluminous curls and curvy body. She was nothing like those women, but even more stunning.

"You don't seem like the kind of guy..." She said, squinting at him with her head cocked to one side. Her sentence was so vague, but he still knew what she was referring to.

"I didn't think I was either until I met you. You're everything I never thought I'd be attracted to." He said, basking in his own words. Kiana constantly challenged him, she had stretch marks in places he'd never seen, she was 7 years younger than him and she was black. But somehow he came to the conclusion that she was just what he wanted.

Kiana on the other hand didn't know what to say. He was attracted to her but yet at one point he didn't think he could ever be. After sitting before him for a few more minutes in silence, she tried to free herself of his entrapment but he wasn't budging.

"Where are you going?"

"I want to get up." She said, trying unsuccessfully again.

"I think I like you here." He said back. He latched onto her again as if she were his mother orang-utan. His arms wrapped around her upper half and some of his hair lay idle beside her lip. At that moment, Kiana felt as if he were the younger of the two. She picked up on his constant need for cradling and she was almost certain it was a way to fulfill his sense of control. Or maybe his need for affection.

"Okay Sawyer, that's enough. I'm cold." She said after the 5th minute of being wrapped in his arms. He seemed to think that was a good enough reason to let her go considering the heat was off. He reached out a hand to help her on the ground.

"I'm alright." She declined, and sauntered to his room. She used the candle to guide her to his drawers. She opened the first one and noticed it was his underwear drawer. He had a lot of boxer briefs. She dug a little deeper and found some regular boxers that were probably older. Then she found a V-neck in another drawer.

She took her candle to the bathroom and started the water. Showering in the dim light was fairly relaxing.

*

Sawyer stepped out of the bathroom absolutely freezing. The water heater must've run out of hot water because it only got colder the longer he stayed in. But he was somewhat satisfied that Kiana had a warm shower and was comfortable, even if he felt like hypothermia was creeping up on him. He found Kiana nestled in his sheets and large comforter. Sawyer climbed into bed and found his grip on her build.

Kiana didn't complain because she actually loved the way his body felt and Sawyer knew it although she'd never tell. He shivered against her a few times before melting into her curves. After a half hour of just listening to one another breathe, he kissed over her neck and down her collar bone once again. His soft lips left hot trails over her skin.

Damn. She thought. Sawyer wore her out with all the emotions he could make her feel in two days. She just couldn't keep up with him. She was moistening from his touch and she squeezed her legs together. Kiana couldn't take it any longer; she needed to feel his lips. She turned around and left their spooning position so their faces were only an inch apart.

He waited for her to make the first move and she did. Her lips pressed against his and he embraced the small of her back. Kiana let her hand wander up and down his freezing biceps and into his wet hair. It felt like their temperatures were adding to their arousal.

Kiana jumped at the feel of his member on her upper thigh. She couldn't fight the urge to touch it and as she did, Sawyer reacted. He broke their kiss to hiss out into the open air. She began to stroke the angry tip through his boxers in a mechanical up and down, twisting motion.

Kiana left his grip to disappear under the comforter. Sawyer cursed lightly as his gaze drifted toward the ceiling. Kiana couldn't see a thing, and she used her other senses to help navigate. She felt around his abdomen for the hem of his briefs and pulled them down his thighs. His hard on flopped against his belly button. Kiana put her lips around the tip and let her tongue trail the slit. His precum saturated her taste buds and she basked in the warmth. She began sucking on his dick and dipping her head as far down onto the shaft as she could. Sawyer started bucking his hips in rhythm to her ministrations. His tip started probing at the back of her throat and she'd gag every once in awhile.

Sawyer could tell she hadn't sucked dick too many times in her life; she was terrible. Although she was only 19, so he wouldn't expect her to know much about how to do things that went on in the bedroom. And her lack of experience only made him want her more.

Sawyer decided to take control. He put his hand on the back of her head.

"Relax your throat." He said, as he pushed her head down onto his dick. She was able to take his entire length without making a sound. Sawyer threw his head back at the feeling of her throat taking his cock.

"Good girl." He praised in a breathy voice. He pushed her head down a few more times before he gave another command.

"Close your lips." Kiana did as he asked and Sawyer began pumping himself in and out of her soft mouth. She could hear him getting louder after each thrust.

"Fuck!" He said when he finally stopped thrusting and let his cum spurt onto her tongue. Kiana peeled back the covers and headed for the bathroom to spit. She rinsed her mouth and padded back to the bed. Sawyer watched her every move and reached for her as soon as she sat back in bed.

He gathered her into his arms and caringly kissed her forehead. Kiana pressed her cheek against his chest and listened to the beating of his chest while letting the rise and fall rock her to unconsciousness. Sawyer was surprised she could be so submissive when it really mattered. He couldn't believe she allowed him to dictate her head that way. But she probably knew she wasn't too great at oral stimulation. However he was sure she'd get better with him as her mentor.

*

It was 10 AM and Kiana went to use the bathroom when she heard her phone ringing. She jogged to the living room to retrieve it and saw it was Janelle.

"Hello?" Kiana asked.

"Hi honey, how have you been enjoying your days off?" Janelle asked in a fake receptionist voice. Kiana looked around the apartment and almost panicked.

"Loving them, you?" That wasn't a complete lie.

"Fucking great! No work, no school—I think I love the snow." Kiana chuckled. Janelle was a Summer girl by far. But Kiana loved the winter months, even when they weren't the reason behind your unplanned days off.

"But what have you been doing? Did the power go out?" Janelle asked again. Kiana's heart picked up some speed.

"I've been studying and hanging out... oh, the power did go out last night." Kiana had no idea if the power went out on campus or not, but she had to say something.

"Hm... I spoke to Wes last night and he said he was lucky the power on campus didn't go out and he finished up his report." Janelle was definitely suspicious. She didn't want to explain how she'd gotten at Sawyer's place, even though it was a legitimate reason. But then she'd want to know what they did and if anything happened; Kiana wasn't that good of a liar.

"I'm not on campus. I'm at my dad's." She lied.

"Oh okay." She was convinced. "Well, since you studied on your days off it shouldn't be a big deal if you came by Brandon's tonight. He's having a thing with some friends... including the one that's been asking about you." Kiana looked back at Sawyer's door.

Brendon had a friend named Ethan who had seen her on Facebook and was completely interested in what he saw. She'd never met him before, but she was always open to the idea... until now. Thinking of him made her sick in the most unusual way.

"I don't feel like being bothered with those men tonight; I think I'll just stay home." Kiana sighed.

"No, I'll tell him you aren't interested, just please come. I won't have anyone to really talk to." She begged. Kiana rolled her eyes and took a breath.

"Alright, I'll come by for a little." She breathed. Janelle smiled on the other end.

"I'll pick you up from your dorm at about 11." Kiana agreed and then hung up the phone. She stared down into it for a few more seconds, just dazing off into a thinking trance. If she wouldn't be spending the night with her dad, she'd need to spend the day.

"Kiana, I'm speaking to you." Sawyer stated. She looked in the direction of the far away voice to see a body that was right before her. He was standing close enough to touch and she hadn't even noticed.

"Yeah?" She asked. Sawyer ran a hand through his hair in an attempt to stop it from feathering into his eyes.

"I said get dressed so when can go get breakfast." He stated in a cold voice. To top off the rude ass tone, he proceeded to walk away as if Kiana would scurry to do as he asked. Kiana furrowed her brow.

"I think that would've worked more efficiently if you asked a question; so the answer is no. But I would like to go home so I'll get dressed for that." Kiana walked to her clothes and stripped off his boxer shorts, putting on her jeans without any underwear.

Sawyer watched in agitation as she blatantly defied him. He didn't want her to go home quite yet; he couldn't tell if she wanted anything else from him after her 2 day visit. Last night she was so affectionate; kissing him, caressing him languidly and nestling into his chest. But now her disinterest in staying another minute with him while the State of Emergency was over showed clearly on her face. In defeat, he trudged back to his room to get ready to drop her off.

***

Kiana struggled with her own bags again as she waited from him to close and lock his apartment door. When he finished, he turned to her and began removing her ballet bag's strap off her shoulder. Kiana recoiled from his touch and gave him a light, sassy look.

"I carried them all the first time; I'll be alright doing it again." She said, reminding him of his less then chivalrous acts the first day she arrived. Sawyer didn't spend another minute trying to coax her into letting him help. He jogged down the steps to the apartment door while Kiana took each step one at a time.

She'd made it to the car and the heat was already on full blast. Sawyer pulled onto the cleaned streets and finally drove over the bridge in direction to Kiana's dorm. She'd get dressed there and wait for the bus that'd take her to her dad's. Sawyer pulled up at the campus and put the car in park.

"Okay, well thanks, for picking me up and letting me stay with you. I really appreciate it." Kiana told him. He looked straight ahead and nodded slowly.

"No problem." Was all he mumbled. For some reason Kiana felt like this was where they'd kiss and say 'I'll call you later.' But no one moved. Sawyer didn't make eye contact with her for even a second. She got out, trying to escape the awkward silence and headed up the snowy walkway to the door. She looked back to see the VW speeding back onto the road without hesitation.

*

After spending the rest of her morning, afternoon and a little bit of her evening with her father, she came back to her dorm to get ready for 11 o'clock. A small part of her did want to go out, have fun and meet new people. That nagging feeling she felt earlier in regards to ruining what she might've had with Sawyer didn't seem to matter anymore, especially with his cold attitude with her earlier.

She decided she'd wear her skinny jeans, tucked into brown riding boots paired with a red chiffon blouse. She kept her hair in its curly state and made her lashes longer. Her bombshell Victoria Secret bra was one of her prized possessions under her shirt and it raised her breasts just an inch over the buttons. Her cell phone rang on her bedside table and she grabbed it, not even answering.

Janelle's Crown Victoria sat where she could last remember seeing Sawyer's VW.

Why can't I stop thinking about him? She asked herself, letting the crisp air whip her hair in different directions. It seemed like the duration of the entire day was spent thinking of him. His scent stuck to her clothes and bags, she found a strand of his hair was nestled into one of her curls and anything blue allowed a vivid picture of his eyes to cloud her brain.

"You look good." Janelle told her. Kiana looked Janelle up and down and noticed she was dressed in jeans and a low cut sweater.

"Thanks." Kiana nestled into her seat and stared out the window for what seemed like two seconds before Janelle spoke.

"What're you thinking about?" She asked. Kiana tried to seem passive.

"Nothing, I'm just a little tired." She said, which was the truth to a certain extent. Riding busses in and out of town had her a little drained.

They arrived at Brendon's small ranch house. Kiana got out and closed the door behind herself. She followed Janelle's lead up the footpath and toward the concrete front porch. The lights were on inside and the faint sound of a TV was all she could hear. She clutched her cell phone in her hand a bit tighter out of nervousness. She wasn't the type of girl that could easily flirt and mingle with men. She'd just linger in the background and talk to those who talked to her.

Kiana walked inside and almost staggered back. Her vision was significantly more impaired in comparison to a second ago. It looked as if someone was trying to hotbox the entire living room; the room was filled with smoke. She took a few more steps inside and saw Brendon laid deeply into the couch with another man by his side. She could only guess it was Ethan. Besides his bloodshot red eyes, he was fairly handsome. He had mahogany skin set smoothly over long limbs, curly hair and expensive basketball attire.

"Ethan this is Kiana." Janelle said, taking her place beside Brendon on the couch. Kiana didn't realize she was still standing until Ethan gave her a humoured look.

"I won't bite you." He smiled a full grin with a small gap between his front two teeth, which only made him more handsome for some reason. Kiana sat stiffly beside him, crossing her legs away from him. Movement in the corner of her eye made drew her attention and she couldn't believe what she saw. Janelle took the bowl out of her boyfriend's hand to take a hard hit off of it. After taking more breaths to deeply inhale the weed, she exhaled out of her nose.

Kiana was livid. Was this what they planned on doing for the rest of the night? Kiana smoked in her high school years but quit when she began to feel the effects. It weakened her dancing and hindered her from passing a drug test for jobs. Now the smell tickled her nose and churned her stomach in an unpleasant way. Janelle knew Kiana hated weed.

Ethan held the bowl out to Kiana and she gave it a disgusted look.

"No thanks." She mumbled. Ethan handed it back to Brendon.

"You're very pretty." Ethan told her, his words somewhat slurred from his high. Kiana spared him a glance and then wished she hadn't. His red eyes pierced into hers in the most dazed of ways. She tried to stifle a groan.

"Thanks." She said. Ethan's hand boldly slithered up her crossed thigh and Kiana sprang out of her seat. She couldn't take it anymore. She walked out the front door and looked out onto the porch. The streets were quiet but her ears rung from the strong, powerful scent of the weed. She looked down into her cell phone and wished she was with Sawyer for some reason.

After 1 minute of standing outside, the front door opened again. She looked back, hoping it wasn't Ethan. It was Janelle. Kiana was now angry again.

"Why you out here?" She asked, giving her a confused look. Kiana looked at her for another second and then turned her head with a smirk of disbelief.

"Why the fuck would you invite me here if you knew all you would do is get high? I'm not into that and you knew that." Kiana said, getting defensive. Her blood pressure rose with each spoken word.

"I didn't know they'd be smoking Key." Janelle said exasperatedly.

"Whatever. All they fucking do is get high." Kiana said, making a jab at the two men slumped on the couch. Kiana was almost completely sure Janelle's boyfriend was a pothead. He constantly reeked of weed if he wasn't smoking it and if he wasn't smoking it he was selling it.

"I know you're pissed off but don't come at Brendon like that. It wasn't too long ago when you had a blunt a little too often. So don't act like you're a brand new person." Janelle was looking Kiana right in her eyes. Janelle knew better then to cross Kiana, but when she needed to stand up for something she knew was right or wrong, she'd find the balls. Kiana raised an eyebrow in amusement and positioned her body to face her head on.

"You're right, I did. But then I grew up. How long are you going to stand by him when he fails drug tests for every fucking job he gets? Or when he goes back to jail—" Kiana stopped herself.

This is your friend. This is your friend. She tried to tell herself. But her breath was only a few inches away while she gave her a threatening look. "I think you need to get out of my face, and go take a hit before I say anything else." Kiana clenched and unclenched her fists as she always did when she was angry.

When Janelle finally walked back into the house, Kiana's phone buzzed at the same time. It was an unfamiliar number but somehow she knew who it was.

Hey, u ok?

How the hell did he knew she was anything but ok. A weird feeling fell over her as she tried to think of the odds.

No, can u pick me up? I'm on ur side of the brdge.

Not even a minute had passed before he texted back.

Where r u? Kiana texted him Brendon's address and allowed butterflies to fill her chest. It'll be the third day in a row she'd spend a night with him and that information definitely made her happy regardless of her current emotional state. She went back inside the house to use his bathroom. She didn't say a word to them. Her boots were the only things making a sound through the house. She opened the bathroom door and turned on the lights. Her face went rigid.

His bathroom was disgusting. The toilet seat had probably never seen a day right side up and urine stained the bowl. Kiana focused her attention to the mirror and tried to see her reflection in it. But the dirt, grime and opaque condition made it hard. Kiana couldn't spend another minute in the bathroom and went to get her coat off the couch. She put it on and went to stand back outside to wait on Sawyer. To her surprise, he was pulling up.

She flipped her hair out of her collar and followed her snow prints back down the walkway. She sat down and waited for the car to begin moving. But after the 5th second of idleness, she looked at Sawyer. He was giving her a hard, sullen stare and it was probably the most intimidating she'd ever seen him.

"What?" She asked. Her voice sounded timid.

"Were you smoking?" He asked her in a forceful voice. It was quiet but in a way, the baritone made it scream. Kiana relaxed in her seat and crossed her legs.

"No."

"Kiana don't fuckin—"

"I'm not lying to you, I don't smoke." She gave him a convincing look that seemed to do the trick. He sped down the empty street. Kiana took a deep sigh and snuggled into her chair.

"I don't want to go home." She told him, looking out the window. Sawyer swallowed audibly. Then she wanted to go back to his place.

"Then we'll go to my house." He mumbled quietly, more to himself.

"I'm actually a little hungry." She said.

"You stink, so we can't go out anywhere." Once again, he was having a conversation with himself. "We'll have to order something."

Sawyer was disappointed he wouldn't be able to take her out on a civil date but then again, he was happy to have her with him. They pulled up to his apartment and Kiana got out without a struggle. They walked up the steps together and she waited for him to open the door. She took off her boots and coat to put them in her regular spot. Sawyer turned on the heat and stripped himself of his shirt.

"Wearing clothes inside too lame for you?" Kiana questioned sarcastically, heading to his bedroom. It felt as if it were all mechanical; where she put her shoes and coat, seeing Sawyer without his shirt, heading to his bedroom to watch TV—it felt right.

"For my own house, yes. You should think about that as a belief for yourself too." He said, following her hypnotizing hips to the backroom. Her skinny jeans did a magnificent job of clinging to her silhouette.

"Hm... I think, no." She laughed, giving him a smile over her shoulder. She opened the door while he turned on theTV. Kiana took off her jeans and blouse to reveal a matching set of Christmas themed underwear. They faced one another and the TV illuminated their faces, making their vision randomly fade in and out.

"Am I still not ready for what comes with sleeping in this bed?"

End Notes:

Simone Niy on Amazon Kindle

Chapter 5 by coconiy101
Author's Notes:

Simone Niy on Amazon Kindle

"Am I still not ready for what comes with sleeping in this bed?"

Sawyer sighed and settled a little deeper into the bed, thinking. Something within him didn't quite want to make love to her yet, it didn't feel right. Considering they hadn't even been on a date yet.

But he wanted her, and as far as he knew, she wanted him. He'd take her on a date eventually but for now, he would give her what she wanted. Kiana could feel her answer in his blue eyes and smiled coyly as she straddled his pelvis. She hunched over to give him a deep kiss.

Sawyer's hands wandered over her smooth back and unhooked her bra. Her dense tits were plush against his chest and her puckering nipples smouldering his own. He marvelled at the feel of her full lips and couldn't wait to be inside her. Kiana reached under her heated pussy to feel for his growing cock.

"Condoms." Kiana warned, feeling him get too far gone. He huffed in annoyance and sat up in bed. Kiana gasped as he carried her toward his dresser and tightened her legs around his waist. His hand roamed around the shelf until he found what he was searching for. He kissed her lips one more time before he sat back down on the edge of the bed and laid down. Kiana was back in her riding position and Sawyer was putting his protection on.

Kiana pulled her panties aside to let Sawyer guide himself into her core. She huffed in amazement as she sat onto him. Sawyer seemed to be in a daze as well and let out a stream of profanities as he gripped her thick thighs. Kiana gyrated her hips in a vertical circle motion, scooping her hips in, up and back down.

Sawyer gazed at her teardrop shaped breasts and reached for one unconsciously. It was so soft under his hands and he toyed with the stubby nipple. Kiana purred out in contentment as her thrusts came quicker. To balance herself, she put her hands onto his chest. That small movement had her tits pushing closer together and Sawyer shut his eyes. He'd come sooner then he'd want if he kept staring at her.

Sawyer felt an overwhelming urge to pound himself deep into her. He wanted to take control and finally make her wither into submission. So he flipped her onto her hands and knees forcefully, knocking the wind out of her. He tore the panties off her bottom and palmed it for a mere few seconds. The feel of her flesh gathered into his hands had his cock a steel rod between his legs.

He then guided himself to her hole and her arched back curved upwards from being filled. Sawyer planted a firm hand on her ass and she squealed out in surprise.

"Stay bent." He commanded. He could see her contemplating whether or not to follow his order, but after a few seconds, she did as he asked. She put her head onto the bed and allowed him to fuck her into oblivion.

Sawyer had his hands lying limp beside his thighs and he watched her ass jiggle from his shoves inside her. Kiana whined into the comforter while she allowed herself to be taken from behind with her bottom still stinging from his spank. Although she had to admit, for a moment she was enjoying that little punishment especially after dwelling on the fact that Sawyer was significantly older than her.

"Look at me." Sawyer said. Kiana lifted her cheek off the mattress to give him her big, doe eyes. The sight took him over the edge as he intended and he came roughly above her. The animal like sounds of his orgasm got Kiana to the brink of orgasm too. But as Sawyer's orgasm ended he slowed down and left Kiana unsatisfied. He sighed in completion and pulled out. He went to the bathroom and closed the door behind himself.

Kiana was pretty annoyed. She initiated the sex but it ended without her release. Sawyer closed the bathroom door and came back to bed. He reached his head up to hers for a kiss but was met with thin air. Kiana was out of bed and walking out the door in a second. She sat down on the couch and tried to let her anger cool down.

His curiosity encouraged, he went out to the living room and stood beside her.

"What's wrong?" He asked in a bored voice close to a whisper.

"You're a selfish asshole." She said simply, not making eye contact.

Sawyer let out a sharp breath and shifted on his two feet.

"Watch how you—" He began to chastise. Kiana stood up and cut him short.

"Is that what kind of lover you are?" She threw a hand toward the bedroom door, the strength of her voice rising. "As soon as you cum that's it, we're finished." She pressed, a smirk on her lips. Sawyer could feel his emotions shifting from a light orgasm buzz to a deep pit of rage. Sawyer had never waited for the woman taking part in their sex to cum first. When he let out the deep roar of his finishing point, they were through. He hadn't even noticed Kiana was left so unfulfilled.

He angrily put his fingers between her lips and attempted to toy with her clit. Her folds were still slippery from her arousal before sex. Kiana slapped his hand away furiously.

"Fuck you—if that's what I wanted I would've done it myself." She sneered, attempting to turn away from him. Sawyer managed to pin her against the nearby wall. Kiana fought against his hold but his wide hand was pressed firmly against her upper back and all his strength was used to keep her still.

"Sawyer get off of me!" She screamed, feeling helpless and exposed. Sawyer only fed off her cries compared to seconds ago when she was claiming him as less of a man. He'd show her otherwise.

Kiana's lip pulled at the corner plastered against the wall. Sawyer split her legs with his foot and ploughed his dick right into her pussy. Kiana let out a shriek of surprise. Sawyer scooped his hips upward to accommodate her height in contrast to his own. He let his other hand frame her meaty hip and after a few minutes of fucking her like that, he could notice her loosen up. So instead of using his hand to pin her down, he grabbed a fistful of her curly hair and tugged at it. Kiana responded by sticking her hips out a little further and letting her hands wander toward her clit. From there she rubbed on her swollen nub. Sawyer growled lowly.

"Move." He said, pushing her hands away to let his own take their place. His index and middle finger circled around her pussy and soon Kiana's piercing weep filled the small area. Her thighs twitched and Sawyer had to pull out quickly to stop himself from cumming inside her. He waited for her high to reach a controllable point before he let her go. She stood up straight and stood in discomfort before him. Her juices were dripping down her bare thighs and her scent hung lightly in the air.

"Get in my bed, you aren't sleeping out here." Sawyer said in an even voice. He didn't care how upset she was, he wouldn't fall asleep alone when he could be curled against her warm body. However, Kiana gave him a look of disbelief with a raised eyebrow.

"I'll sleep wherever I want." She said sternly. Sawyer didn't say another word. He just retreated to his room and left the door open. Kiana lay on his couch and eventually fell asleep, leaving Sawyer waiting in his bed.

**

Soft background noises awoke Sawyer and he searched the room for its source. Kiana was spotted slipping back into her jeans and buttoning them.

Somehow she ended up in his bed last night and awoke to his wide biceps covering her entire upper half. His legs were wrapped around her and his lips right beside her bare nipple. Luckily he was a deep sleeper and slipping out of his hold wasn't too much work.

"Where are you going?" He asked dazedly. Kiana gave him a quick glance.

"I'm going to catch the number 4 back to the dorms so I can get ready for class." She said, putting on her shirt and fluffing out her hair. Sawyer fully sat up and groaned in dissatisfaction.

"I'll drop you off." He said, trudging to his closet to find some sweatpants. Kiana watched him as he moved around with an abundance of sex appeal and almost lost her train of thought. Somehow that

"I actually want to use that bus ride as some time to think alone." She said, not trying to be rude or impolitely decline his offer. But she had new things on her mind now and a moment with her thoughts would only benefit her; she was almost certain she had lost a great friendship because of weed.

"No, it's cold outside and I don't want you—" Kiana cut him off.

"Sawyer, I'm only going to say this once. I'm an adult, and I'll make my own decisions about what happens to me. So I do appreciate the offer, I'm fine taking the bus." Kiana said, crossing her arms over her chest and not breaking eye contact for more than a second. Sawyer was flexing his jaw in discomposure.

Since when did he care about anyone having to stand outside in the cold? He should be glad those extra miles wouldn't be spent on his car but rather a public bus.

"Alright." He said, climbing back to bed and pulling the covers over himself. Kiana was a little upset that they were ending on an off note again, especially since they had sex last night. She decided she wouldn't let their day end like this again. She deserved a more cliché goodbye. So she walked up to his side of the bed, peeled the covers off his face and planted a sweet kiss on his slightly open lips. She pulled away and Sawyer opened his eyes to watch her. After a few seconds of watching one another, he spoke.

"What are you doing tonight?" He asked quietly. Kiana had spent 3 days in his home before he'd taken her out on a date and they made love after a little less than 2 weeks of knowing one another. Their relationship was working backwards. Now Sawyer was going to slow things down to a pace more suitable for them.

"I have work until 10." Kiana told him.

"Is that too late for us to get dinner?" He asked, not quite knowing if she'd feel comfortable eating so late. Kiana smirked, letting butterflies fill her with anticipation. Sawyer would finally take her on a date.

"Not at all." She smiled at him. Sawyer smirked at her cuteness from below her.

"I'll pick you up from there... Give—Can I have another kiss?" He rephrased his words to ensure a better chance of receiving what he wanted. Kiana chuckled and leaned down to meet his lips one more time. Sawyer let his hands wander over her back while her hands kept her supported over the bed.

Kiana arrived at work after classes already noting the change in atmosphere. Janelle and Kiana's argument hung in the air. Her only positive aspect of coming to work had turned into a negative so now she had nothing to look forward to. She opened the Employees only door and sat in front of her mirror beside Janelle's.

She hadn't come in yet, but Kiana knew she'd be due to show up soon. So Kiana put on some more mascara and separated her curls a little more. Just as she was about to get up and wash her hands to get started, Janelle sat down. She took off her jacket and put it on the back of her chair before splaying her hair over her shoulders to prep it for brushing.

Kiana did feel a little sorry for what she said the other day. But not enough to apologize for saying it. Janelle had put her in a difficult situation that could only be described as selfish on her part. So for now they weren't on speaking terms and that was fine, but sooner or later they'd be friends again and they both knew it. This wasn't their first dispute and it would never be their last.

"Have a good night everyone." Kiana told her last table of her shift which consisted of a family of 5. The youngest of the children, probably not even 2 years old waved his hands and smiled at her. He was preciously cute and had insisted on speaking to her every time she came by.

"See you sweetie." She said, waving back at the little boy while giving him an affectionate smile. She seemed to be in high spirits considering she and Janelle still weren't friends. They had ignored one another's existence all night and didn't even ask for favors as they usually did when they had the same shift. But Kiana had a date in a matter of minutes and she needed to get ready. So she hurried to get her things and change.

She knew she wouldn't have time to head back to the dorms so she brought along an outfit. It was a simple pair of black jeans, peach ballet flats and a flowing long sleeve blouse. She had on just a little too much makeup for her liking but it was already 10 minutes past. She opened the bathroom door and was on her way out until she walked into someone. The body held her firmly in place.

"I'm so sor—" She stopped short when she finally looked into the person's eyes and saw it was Sawyer. He looked a little angry, yet slightly dazed.

"I've been waiting for 15 minutes Kiana." He said, looking over her head and loosening his jaw. He was a stickler for punctuality. She left his grip and straightened her shirt.

"Sorry." She replied plainly. He took a deep sigh and headed to the front door, holding it open for her to exit. Kiana did and attempted to put on her coat while still carrying her bags.

"Stop walking." He grumbled. Kiana rolled her eyes; even when he was being nice he couldn't just be nice. He held the collar of her jacket and put it over her shoulder, making it easier for her to put her arm inside. He faced her and then let his eyes focus on the zipper. She watched him while he put care into securing her into it and almost chuckled at his focus. When it was finally zipped, he grabbed at the material over her breasts and used it to pull her closer to him. Kiana gasped inside his mouth while his lips crashed onto hers. His face was freezing but his mouth was entirely too warm. Kiana almost groaned when he pulled away and looked her sternly between the eyes.

"Don't keep me waiting again." He told her. He let her go and then proceeded to get to his car. He was walking so fast, he ended up a few feet ahead of Kiana. That was when she finally took him in. He wasn't wearing a coat even though it was a little below 50 degrees. But he did have on a pale blue—almost white ¾ sleeved button down tucked into low rise slacks. His somewhat brogue like shoes clacked on the pavement as he walked and his hair was parted carefully on the side. He never failed to look like a model.

As soon as Kiana got in the car they pulled off and onto the highway. They drove in silence and Kiana wondered what he was thinking about. Soon he pulled into a restaurant known for its prices. The Black Pearl was located in the heart of Newport and was recently debuted on The Today Show.

Sawyer opened her door and allowed her to step out. She thanked him quietly and they strolled to the front door. Once inside, they got their seats immediately. Kiana looked back at the handful of people waiting and wondered what strings Sawyer pulled to have their table already prepared.

Kiana sat right in front of Sawyer and took in the room. It had an old Benjamin Franklin sort of feel and she absolutely loved it. She looked around a little more and finally noticed the people. They looked pretty snobby and familiar with the restaurant. She tried to stifle a laugh when she realized she was the only black person in the entire restaurant. Not a waiter, waitress or customer was of any sort of color. Instead of feeling out of place, she found it amusing. Sawyer looked up at her over the menu with a raised brow.

"What's funny?" He asked.

"Nothing." She said, not quite sure if he'd understand the joke. Kiana should've known better then to think Sawyer would let it go, because he continued to give her an expectant look.

"I'm the only black person here." She whispered, finally giving into his glare. Against her assumption, he cracked a light smile and looked around before snorting a laugh. The waiter came by and asked for their drinks.

"The Viña Carm—" Kiana cut him short.

"Sawyer." She warned with big eyes.

"Shit." He whispered under his breath. He kept forgetting Kiana wasn't anywhere near the legal drinking age. They'd definitely be escorted out if he attempted to order a bottle of wine for a 19 year old.

"Alright, just a glass." He replied. Kiana ordered a sweetened iced tea.

After ordering their food, they were beginning to loosen up and communicate more with one another. Sawyer was leaning back in his chair and Kiana's legs were casually crossed.

"So what do you plan on doing with that psychology degree?" He asked her.

"Teach it. I definitely don't want to be a psychiatrist so that's the next best thing." She said simply.

"Tell me about what they teach you in college. I never understood how you could learn the explanation to why people do certain things." Kiana shifted in her seat and prepared to give him a quick rundown of the basics of psychology.

"Everyone's brain is essentially the same. We have all the same parts and they function the same ways. So when a traumatic experience, injury, deformation effects one person's brain, it's pretty much easy to say it would happen to anyone who's gone through what they've endured. Therefore we use that basis of teaching it." As if ready to challenge all that she's said, Sawyer sat a little closer to the table and folded his hands over the table.

"So you're saying that everyone has a reason for why they are who they are." He stated.

"Exactly." Kiana retorted, knowing all too well the truth of that sentence. Every breath she took, Arabesque she preformed, scowl produced on her profile and order written in her notepad had its own purpose that was too great of a purpose to be ignored. But they all made her who she was.

"Tell me why I am who I am." He gave her a sultry, devious smile. Kiana returned it. She had already raked her brain of this topic and had come to a sound conclusion that she was willing to share.

"I think as a child you were using a lot of cognition. That's the process of how people store, use and process information. You've seen how operating in a forceful, careless way has positive results and you learned to act on it. This merges into a Psychoanalytic approach which is all that I've said, but becomes apparent into adulthood after being witnessed in the upbringing. So I don't think the source of this behaviour is in your life anymore, because I personally don't think you two wouldn't make a great match. As far as your derogatory view on women, it involves your mother or maybe even a close sister. But something has happened to make you view them as nothing more than objects. Which is a shame because I'm sure that you, at one point if not still do, see me as a triumphant conquer."

Sawyer laughed out of astonishment which came across as something different. He read the discouragement on Kiana's face as she embraced the false thought that she was completely wrong about her assessment. She felt terrible and contemplated visiting the bathroom but that would give her away too much. Looking at Sawyer, you'd think his family was happily together living in a mansion on the other side of town all the while giving Sawyer monthly allowances. She couldn't believe she thought it would've been anything different.

Sawyer could see her troubled appearance and fought himself over the idea of telling her she was absolutely correct. But he wasn't ready to disclose his disturbing childhood with a psychiatrist so in essence, he wasn't ready to disclose them with her. She budged a little in her seat and Sawyer could hardly handle seeing her so nerved although it was obvious she was trying to hide it.

"Kiana, it's alright." He cooed, looking her in her brown eyes that were fixed somewhere else. The rest of their night was quiet, and hardly any words were spoken.

It was close to 12 o'clock when they arrived at Kiana's dorms. She took off her seatbelt and gathered her bags.

"Thanks for dinner." She told him, opening the car door and stepping out.

"Night." He mumbled. Kiana trudged up the walkway and opened the front door. Sighing in relief and exhaustion as she closed the door behind herself. But it came back at her with full force and intense blue eyes startled her to a small screech. The sound only lasted a fraction of a second because Sawyer's lips were perfectly lining over hers. His hand was decisively wrapped around her midsection and the other moulding their pelvises into one. Kiana melted into his arms just as he pulled away, ending their kiss with three, noisy sudden pecks on her swollen lips. Kiana put some distance between them and shifted on her two feet, feeling a little light headed.

"I'll call you tomorrow." He said, stepping out the door and adjusting his pants on the way back to his car.

**

"Stretch it out." Naomi announced. Kiana took her spot on the ground and waited for her to give the announcements. She took languid steps along the length of the room.

"Tomorrow is thanksgiving, and I'm expecting all of you to visit the homeless shelter for a few hours with two pans of one dish." Naomi said, glancing everyone over for silent confirmation. Kiana had plans to spend her morning at the shelter and the rest of the day with her dad. It was the least she could do considering Naomi was letting her dance pretty much tuition free. "That's all, you're free to go."

Kiana took the bus back to her dad's house and walked up the steps, using her key to unlock the door. She put her bags in their usual spots and walked toward his room. Nicolette was sitting in the chair while he slept in bed. Kiana gave her a light smile and joined him under the quilt. She nuzzled into his side, taking in his scent and eventually fell asleep.

*

Kiana made three pans of mashed potatoes with one pot of gravy. She stood behind the cafeteria like counters in her yoga pants and dance company jacket. She served the food to each person that came by, smiling and wishing them a 'Happy Thanksgiving'.

"Happy Thanksgiving to you too gorgeous." The voice hit her as familiar but as she looked for its source, she discovered it was a complete stranger. He had piercing foggy eyes paired with a Jesus facial structure hidden under long hair and a full beard peppered in greys. He was over 6"5 yet skinny in the most attractive of ways. Kiana smiled modestly.

"Thanks." She replied. He seemed to admire her for a little bit longer before he gave her a wicked grin full of obvious lust. But to her surprise, Kiana didn't feel uncomfortable under his watchful eye. She took his flirtation as a compliment more than anything else.

"Come to my table when you finish here sweetheart." He said, finally stepping away from the counter to join some other people she could only guess were his friends.

"He's pretty hot for an old homeless man." Ann, another dancer in the company said. She had snow white skin and auburn hair. She and Kiana only spoke every once in awhile, but when they did, they seemed to be the perfect match. Kiana laughed at her comment.

"I guess he is." She replied, shrugging her shoulders nonchalantly.

*

Kiana joined the man's table after the shelter's doors closed and excluded those who didn't arrive on time. She had a cup of eggnog in her hand that she sat on the table. The man's eyes seemed to rake over her features as she took her seat he had left specifically for her.

"I'm Kiana." She introduced herself, reaching a hand over the table.

"Richard." He smiled and took her hand. He had intentions of pursuing her but now that he'd finally taken in how young and inexperienced she was, he didn't deserve her body. She was too much of a clean slate matched up to his closet of skeletons.

"Nice to meet you." She said, she brought her cup up to her lips but Richard's sour expression captured her attention. "What?" She asked.

"Here honey." He said, taking a little bottle of Jack Daniels and pouring some inside her cup. Kiana chuckled as he took a cautious look around before putting it back inside his pocket.

"Tastes like shit without it." He grumbled, continuing to eat for a little bit. Kiana watched as he scraped mashed potatoes off his plate and savoured the gravy she'd made from scratch.

"You enjoying the food?" Kiana asked. He nodded in approval.

"Probably one of the best meals I've had in awhile." They sat in silence for a little bit longer. Kiana took a sip of her now alcoholic beverage and allowed the warmness to settle comfortably in her pit.

"I don't mean any disrespect but you don't look like a dancer at all." He said, looking around the room. The dancers were now sitting at various tables, some eating, most of them just talking. Kiana was the only black woman in the adult section of the company and she was used to being the odd one out.

"I know. There aren't a lot of bla—" Richard cut her short.

"No, I'm not talking about that. You're the only one in here with some fucking meat attached to your bones." He growled in a disgusted voice, glancing around the room. Kiana chuckled.

"Well thanks I guess." She replied with a smile.

"You're welcome honey." He said, taking a sip of his drink.

"So what are you doing here? If you don't mind me asking." Kiana said, toying with her hands below the table. Christmas music played in the background now and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. Richard sighed before giving her a dazzling smile as if the story was a long, hard journey he had to endure with things to surmount on the way.

"I always made bad decisions but shit, I can't do anything about it now so I'm not going to torture myself with regret. I turned some important people against me and I got mixed up in some drugs. I spent every penny I had gambling, getting high, and prostitutes— dumb shit. So now I'm a handsome man on the street." He finished, with a dazzling smile. Indeed he was handsome. His grey eyes were intense and beautiful.

"I'm sorry to hear that. No family you could turn to?" She pressed, sensing for some reason it would be alright to question him a little further.

"None that would want my ass around." He chuckled honestly, giving her a knowing look. "But it's fine. I find some comfort in knowing that they're safe and I'm the only fuck-up in the family. Hopefully I can be an example." He said waving a philosophical hand in the air.

"How many kids do you have?" Kiana asked.

"Four beautiful kids—adults I should say." He corrected, entering a daze. She could only guess he was picturing the obvious loves of his lives in his mind. She could see he loved them.

"Do you want to be in their lives?" That question had its own meaning. Did he want to be sober, get off the streets and find a job to ensure he was a stable man? He thought over it for awhile and gave her a curious look.

"I guess I do. I never really thought of it like that. It always seemed like a 'get clean' sort of situation. Seeing it as a bridge to getting to know my children better gives me a new... feel." Kiana was a little proud that she might've been changing his life by the minute.

"Well, I'm here for you if you need motivational speaking." Kiana told him honestly. She'd do what it took to help him; because it was clear he wanted a different life for himself. If he wanted to admit it to his conscious, she didn't know. Richard was trying to convince himself it was nothing he could do to change his past and not trying to change his future.

"That's nice to know love." He replied, giving her a sweet smile. "So what's going on with you—I'm talking 'bout my damn life story and you aren't saying a word." He took another deep swallow of his drink.

"I'm in school, I dance... that's all I can say really." Richard seemed unimpressed.

"No boyfriend?" Kiana thought for a moment.

"I'm not sure if that's what we're calling it." He gave a confused look and she quickly restated her sentence. "Neither of us has established if we're in a relationship or not." Were she and Sawyer dating? They were acting more and more like a couple, but dating didn't come naturally to her so she had no idea.

"He's a fucking idiot if he hasn't made it clear by now." Richard said to himself. Kiana sighed.

"He might've, I just haven't noticed." She said, defending Sawyer.

"Well, he's a lucky man. You're a beautiful young woman with her head on straight. He should kiss the ground you walk on." Kiana smiled.

"Thank you... If I got you a ticket to the Nutcracker show next month would you come?" Kiana asked.

"If you're dancing, of course." He replied with a smile.

"I will be." She said. She had some major parts in the dance which had surprised her. Considering the Swan number was meant to be portrayed by snowy skinned dancers.

"I can't wait." Richard told her. They spoke for a few more hours about nothing but then again everything. She handed him a piece of paper with her phone number so she could give him more information on the tickets. He promised he'd call a week before. She finally departed after the 3rd hour and they both left together, going down separate ends of the block. For some reason Kiana felt strangely comfortable in his presence, as if she'd known him for awhile and they were just friends visiting again.

End Notes:

Simone Niy on Amazon Kindle

Chapter 6 by coconiy101
Author's Notes:

Simone Niy on Amazon Kindle

"How was your thanksgiving?" Sawyer asked, collapsing onto his couch and spreading his legs wide. Kiana looked into her bowl of homemade chilli with crushed crackers and swallowed.

"It was nice, how about yours?" She returned his question and noted his mild demeanor change. He shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly.

"Quiet but nice nonetheless." He had spent his Thanksgiving in his apartment with the NFL and takeout. Declan and Alison had of course invited him over but he declined their offer; he didn't feel comfortable spending too much time with them. Their invites always seemed more like pity acts more than genuine desires.

"I know you didn't spend it alone..." Kiana said, staring him right in the eyes. He glanced over at her and read her disbelief immediately. Her smooth skin scrunched over the eyebrows in a light frown.

"I did." He stated gently. Kiana put her bowl on the coffee table and tucked her bare legs beneath herself.

"Why? You could've spent it with me, there was more than enough food—my dad wouldn't have minded." She said, trying to convince him on something that could no longer be chosen. But Sawyer smirked his classic smirk of opportunity and it made Kiana backtrack everything she said with intentions on finding what she might've slipped up on.

"So you do have family... Tell me more about them." He commanded. He scooted towards her more and laid his head onto her legs. Kiana tensed the slightest bit but then relaxed again. Sawyer would need to find out soon if he would be attending her show in a few days. She placed a hand onto his jagged, masculine jaw and ran it into the nearby hair. She looked down on his resting frame and couldn't recall a time he looked so relaxed. He was a young boy trying to fill the spot of a big man yet needing so much affection.

"My dad," She broke her sentence with a light clearing of her throat. "He was a goofy man." She chuckled a little. "That isn't even the right word—he was crazy as hell. You could never predict what he was going to say next. But one thing everyone knew was that he loved me. He loved me more then he loved anything on this Earth."

"However my mom," Kiana smiled. "She hated it, she thought I'd never love her as much as I loved him because he spoiled me so much. My daddy let me do anything I wanted but my mom was the one to say no. She put her pretty ol' foot down when she needed to but I didn't dislike her for that, I couldn't. She was so... sweet. No one could feel anything but love for her." Kiana looked down at Sawyer and saw his eyes still wide open.

"My dad had a stroke a few months ago, he can hardly speak." Sawyer's heart clenched a little in his chest and was almost sure he felt his first signs of compassion. The heart wrenching, warming feeling so high up under his ribs had made him lose his breath for a moment. Even without his own father in his life, Kiana was able to make him sense what it was like to essentially lose someone with so much importance.

"His body is paralyzed on one side, and I haven't seen him smile in months." Kiana didn't even know she was crying, she had no prior feelings of the act except the wetness on her cheek. She took in a sharp gulp of air and began moving below Sawyer.

"Excuse me." She said, hurrying out of her seat and cutting on his bathroom light. Sawyer looked at the door from the couch and tried to figure out what his role was at that moment. He had absolutely no idea what to do but he had an idea this was his turn to do something. Kiana came back within two seconds and was back in her spot. Sawyer looked into her eyes and was taken aback to see she looked so normal.

"Come here." She said, patting his spot against her legs again. Sawyer leaned his head back against the balmy skin and laid a supple kiss against her brown upper thigh. She glanced down at him for confirmation he was the one who had done such an intimate, sweet gesture as her insides shifted within her.

"Your turn." Kiana whispered, coaxing him with a caress on his cheek.

"No." Sawyer's voice sliced through the open and air and left a chill on her skin. She swallowed loudly before straightening her back and halting her movements over his face.

"What?" She said through clenched teeth. Sawyer could feel her anger rising in intensity and sat up to meet her eyes. As expected, her features were twisted in a menacing look.

"I'm not ready to talk about it with you, can you respect that?" He pressed just an inch away from her russet, puckered lips. Kiana sighed and turned her head toward the window beside them. Obviously Sawyer was abusing his rights to deny her something but what was she supposed to say?

"When are you going to tell me?" She asked, looking into his eyes and searching for an answer. He kissed her quickly before burying himself into her neck and swaddling her into his arms. Kiana still awaited an answer as he kissed the skin on her neck.

"Sawyer." She warned, staring at a wall behind him.

"Soon." He mumbled incoherently.

"Soon" She repeated in her head sarcastically, finally settling into his hold.

***

Today was Kiana's Christmas party at work and the women were expected to wear their Santa hats as they waited tables. She put on her hat right before sitting into her seat. She looked at the unfilled spot beside her and heaved a sigh deeply. Every day she seemed to miss Janelle the slightest bit more. This was the time of year they were always in one another's company; sharing the love they had between them. But for the sake of her pride, Kiana would stick out her silent treatment a little longer.

She came in and sat down and Kiana hardly recognized her. She had a short haircut—a little past her ears. Her natural hair was straightened and in loose waves around her face. Kiana didn't want to stare but she looked so beautiful. Her sturdily angled face was toned down by the feminine hair. Kiana cleared her throat and turned back to her mirror.

She checked the wall clock after a few more minutes and stood up, pushing in her chair and pulling her hat down a tiny bit more. She was on her way to the door that lead back into restaurant.

"Key." Janelle whispered almost silently. Kiana stood at the door and closed her eyes for a moment. That was the only thing she'd said to her in almost a month. Her hands shook a little but eventually, she turned around. Tears were welling up in Janelle's eyes but it did nothing to ruin her attractiveness.

"I... I miss you." Kiana swallowed the sting in her own throat and closed the distance between them. Janelle stood up to meet her halfway and they instantly engulfed one another in a breath stealing embrace.

"I missed you too." Kiana replied into her collar bone.

"I dumped him." Janelle mumbled back. Kiana pulled away to look into her wet eyes and frowned.

"What?" She asked again, although she already knew what she said. Kiana just couldn't believe it; they had been together longer than Kiana and Janelle had been friends. They hadn't broken up once.

"You were right." She said back, sniffling through her tears and looking Kiana in her eyes.

"Janelle, I'm so happy for you. You deserve so much more." Kiana told her, running a hand over her wet face and wiping away her tears. Janelle had always been in a situation not fit for her. Brendan was trouble through and through. He was caught up in the wrong things and the type of girl for him was nowhere near the levels of Janelle. She was way too good for him in every aspect of the phrase.

"I know, I'm just pissed I wasted so much time with him." She laughed stiffly.

"It was not a waste. Those years were filled with experiences you'll carry into the next relationship, which will come and be better than the last." Kiana told her sternly. A small silence fell between them.

"I like your hair." Kiana told her.

"Thanks. I was thinking I'd try something different since the breakup and New Ye—" The door opening stopped her words and Kiana turned to see who it was.

"Do you want to get paid today or no?" Eric asked, wearing a red Hooters shirt and an irritated expression. Kiana and Janelle scurried out of the Employees only room to get started with work. They observed which tables they needed to tend to and got ready to depart.

"We can talk later." Janelle called before heading toward her tables. Kiana's heart raced a little.

***

"Alright girls, we closed up a little early today." Eric started. Everyone was sitting in the Employees only room, waiting for Eric's announcements.

"But I have a special Christmas gift to give you all." Eric handed out an envelope to each woman and they didn't waste a minute with tearing it open and leaving the wrappings wherever they lay. Kiana looked at Janelle and they both shared a suspicious look.

Kiana opened her mail and found a 200 dollar check signed out to her. She held it in her hands a second longer than she should have. She quickly put it in her purse and sighed in satisfaction.

I definitely need it. She told herself.

"But, I've also been tallying up tables you each have waited on this year and I have a special envelope for the woman who has waited on the most." You could've heard a pin drop it was so damn quiet. Kiana looked around at the women who had more money than most people and knew they wanted that check for the recognition and respect amongst each other.

"Waiting on tables requires focus, timeliness and accuracy. With over 1,000 tables under her belt this year... Kiana Freeman." Kiana's head snapped up in surprise and her eyes widened as Eric walked towards her with that last check. She looked from his face to his extended hands. Janelle was the only one in the room to clap her hands in honest enjoyment. But Kiana didn't care; she had an extra 700 dollars that the Lord blessed her with. She didn't need anyone else's enthusiasm but her own.

"Thanks Eric." Kiana whispered. As if someone had rung a school bell, everyone began packing up their things and piling out of the door. Janelle looked at Kiana and shared her same smile.

"Dinner on you?" Janelle laughed, Kiana chuckled too.

"Not tonight, but you are invited to my show tomorrow of course." Kiana told her. She began packing up her things.

"I'll be there...You want a ride? I kinda want to talk a little more—make up for lost time." Janelle said, fixing her hair in the mirror. Kiana took a hard gulp. Sawyer was waiting for her outside, probably mad as hell she was taking so long.

"No, that's alright. We can just talk tomorrow." Kiana continued putting her things inside her bag and securing her money in her wallet. When she met Janelle's eyes, she was looking completely apprehensive.

"Key you better start talking, right now." She said. She folded her arms over her chest and gave Kiana all her attention by pivoting her body towards hers and blocking her exit too.

"Sit down." Kiana declared in a defeated huff. She followed her lead and they both gazed into each other's eyes for a minute.

"You know that guy I had problems with that day?" Kiana tested her memory. Janelle looked bewildered, but she desperately wanted to know what she was talking about.

"No, who is it Key?" She was getting a little antsy. Kiana groaned.

"He was a dick to me that day and you came and helped—"

"Your dating him?!" She asked incredulously. Kiana shrugged her shoulders with a modest smirk and waited for Janelle to settle with that information. She looked off into the distance and took a sigh.

"He is pretty hot. He isn't still an asshole to you is he?" Janelle asked a little more coldly. Kiana gave her a weird look.

"Of course not." She said defensively. Sawyer was pretty good to her for the most part. He could be a prick sometimes but he was getting better.

"Good. Wait—how did this happen?" Janelle added, squinting her eyes in confusion. Kiana shot a glance at the clock and almost thought she could feel Sawyer's scowl through the building.

"Nelle I gotta' tell you everything later, he's been waiting for almost a half hour." Kiana gathered her bags up and headed for the door. Janelle watched as she rushed out the area and called over her shoulder.

"Be at my dad's tomorrow around 5!" She said right before she closed the front door to the dark Hooters and walked toward the VW with the tail lights on. Some sort of vapor or smoke was exiting the back and Kiana wouldn't have been surprised if it's source was Sawyer's head and ears. She chuckled at her own little joke but tried to kill the smile before she sat in the car. Sawyer didn't spare her a glance. He threw the car in reverse and didn't bother to check behind him. He sped down the street in silence.

"I'm sorry." Kiana said meekly, feeling bad for leaving him waiting so long. She wasn't showing him how much she appreciated his rides home from work when she came out whenever she wanted.

"Janelle and I are okay again, we were talking that's why I was late." She added. As if that information made him even more upset, he exhaled sharply.

"I should be happy about that?" He asked in a hard, monotone voice fit for slicing glass.

"Yes, she's my bestfriend." Kiana announced.

"I don't like her." Sawyer mumbled, checking his blind spot and skipping over 4 lanes in one second. Sawyer knew from that moment he'd picked up Kiana from the ranch house that Janelle was no good. He wasn't going to pretend that he was content about the rekindled friendship, but he was also trying not to tell Kiana how to live her life. She would make mistakes that she needed to experience for her own sake. Even if Sawyer knew the right choice, it's crucial he keep in mind that she was still learning.

"Well, it doesn't matter what you think of her." Kiana said almost inaudibly. She knew why she and Janelle were friends and that was all that mattered—Sawyer's approval wasn't needed.

"Alright. I was just sharing my thoughts." He whispered delicately. Kiana cringed in her seat. Sometimes she felt as if she were re-enacting her younger adolescent years when she spoke to Sawyer.

"Are you coming to my dad's tomorrow or are you going to meet everyone there?" Kiana asked. Nicolette, her dad and Janelle would probably all ride together. Richard had called to confirm he'd be attending the show too but Kiana didn't get her hopes up that he'd show.

"I would but I get off work at 6 and considering the show starts at 6:30, I should probably head straight to the theatre." He explained. Kiana nodded in understanding.

"What do you want to eat?" Kiana gave him a coy look and Sawyer pressed the gas pedal down a little further.

As soon as he opened the front door of the apartment building, Kiana was on him. She twirled her arms around his neck and sculpted their lips together. Kiana was kissing him powerfully and Sawyer had his arms snugly over her hips. Sawyer pulled away to speak and Kiana moved her kisses down his neck.

"Honey... we need...to make it up these... the steps." He panted, his eyes fluttering closed as she left her mark on his collar like the teenage girl she was. He hadn't had a hickey in forever; he almost forgot how damn good it felt. Kiana was still clinging to him and he didn't think they'd ever make it to his apartment.

"Sawyer I need to taste you." She mumbled, the worlds jumbling together in the collar of his jacket. Sawyer groaned aloud, his dick tightening in his pants. Her velvet voice fell over his body and prevented all movement.

"Then let's get inside." He told her. Sawyer had his foot on the second step with his other still on the first. Kiana stood still between his legs and was now peppering her way down his chest. Her hands latched onto his belt buckle and began undoing it.

"No Kiana, we can't do this here." Sawyer tried to say it sternly, but it seemed to sound differently. Kiana was kneeling on the steps as Sawyer put his weight onto the railing behind him. Kiana shimmied down his briefs and his cock sprang out. She smirked before she laid a supple kiss on his tip with her eyes on him.

She laid his rod onto her slick tongue and invited him into her mouth. His pre-cum coated the top of her tongue and she purred at the taste. She worked up a steady pace and maintained it. She occasionally let him slide out so he could savor the popping sound along with her light panting as she knew that was what he liked her to do.

Sawyer bent down and pulled one of her tits out over her low cut Hooters tank top. He juggled the heavy brown breast in his hand as she continued to suck him off. Her nipple was puckering under his cold palm and the feel of it skimming over his finger was electrifying. Sawyer groaned explicitly and Kiana readied herself for his cum. She held her flat tongue out over her full bottom lip and captured the healthy amount of cum the left his purple tip.

Sawyer clenched onto her breast with a death grip while he came. Kiana swallowed all of his product. Sawyer pulled his pants back up and ventured up the rest of the steps with Kiana on his heels. When he opened the door, he unzipped Kiana's coat and took off her boots.

She now stood in her work uniform and Sawyer seemed to want to devour her. The tops of her breasts were gleaming with deep gold undertones, her orange shorts defined her pussy lips and her thighs were full in the nylon stockings. Sawyer seemed to have all her clothes off at once and was bending her over the back of the couch.

Kiana waited for what he had planned for her. Anticipation mixed with her arousal and she whined out of eagerness. Sawyer slipped his tongue deep inside her ass and Kiana jumped in surprise. He licked up and down her crack multiple times. He found her slippery lips and spread her cheeks to get through the soft barrier. He managed to get his tongue through her slit and inside her hole. Her juices covered his face and he moaned at how ready she was. She tasted wonderfully; sweet with a pinch of salt and lots of water to dilute it out. Sawyer's tongue swiped between her folds quickly and Kiana began to wither. His ministrations mimicked trying to scrape her entire clit into his mouth using only his tongue.

"Oh yes Sawyer, shit!" Kiana wailed, clenched onto the seat cushions and came inside his mouth. Sawyer stood to his full height and ran his hands over Kiana's back. She fit so perfectly in his hands, he loved it. His hands roamed over the stretch marks covering her lower back and felt her tense a bit.

Kiana felt a little uncomfortable with the fact that he was paying the raised lines a little bit more attention and Sawyer sense it. So in response, he placed smooth kisses along their length. When she relaxed a bit, he pushed her up a little further over the chair so her feet weren't on the ground and her chest was pushed deeply into the cushions of the couch.

"Stay right there." He told her as he sprinted to get a condom. Her pussy was level with his dick in this position and a deep bend was put in her back. He gripped her fleshy, legs and plunged between the blockade that was her bottom. Sawyer breathed out a sharp breath when he entered her. She fit like a glove around his dick and her closed legs added just the right amount of snugness to her already tight pussy. He gave her half of his length and pulled back out so she could get accustomed to his size. The next thrust had his balls resting onto her clit and Kiana could definitely feel the difference.

She pushed her chest off the couch in a faint attempt to ease some of the pressure in her pussy. Sawyer gave her a few more seconds and then continued his slow descend and ascend of his dick. Soon he had a nice tempo and their pleasured moans were filling the large living room. Sawyer used his hand to pull his hair away from his face and followed the motion with his head. He gazed at the ceiling and as he fucked Kiana and tried not to marvel in how wonderful she felt to elongate the pleasure before his finale.

 

Kiana howled below him and her plush walls were rippling. Sawyer looked down on her and could only see her side profile. Her mouth was parted wide and his leather couch was clenched into her palms.

"Fuck, it feels so good when you cum on my dick." Sawyer said in complete honesty. His own words and reflection on what she was doing seemed to bring him to the edge of climax. He pounded into her a little harder and spurt his seed in his condom. He growled in the openness and gave Kiana's ass a firm strike that left a resonance surrounding them.

Sawyer stood her up on her feet and made her face him. She looked into his eyes coyly and unease settled within her. Sawyer watched in amusement as she toyed with her hand right in front of her navel and avoided eye contact with him. With his brow furrowed in a tight line, he took hold of her tiny chin and brought it up to his eyes.

"What's up with you?" He asked seriously. As if she genuinely had no idea what he was referring to, she moved his hand and gave him a cheeky look.

"Nothing." Sawyer knew her entirely too well.

"You get bashful after I make love to you." He declared, rather than asked.

"No I do not."

"Tell me what I did to you." Kiana's eyes widened before they narrowed. He should've known better than to challenge with expectations she'd admit he was right.

"You fucked me." Sawyer stared at her just a few seconds longer. "I need to study."

Sawyer nodded before pulling her naked body onto his. He had a light coat of sweat on his chest and his warmness was calming. Kiana looked up into his mesmerizing eyes and Sawyer bent down to meet her lips.

"I'm making spaghetti for dinner." He stated above her face. Her soft brown eyes were staring straight into his. Kiana melted into his secure hold, his arms over hers and snugly lining her upper back.

"Sounds good." She told him.

***

Sawyer arrived to the theatre at 6:15 and was glad to find the lights were still on. People were chatting quietly and he scanned the aisles for his seat number. He found it at the start of the room, an aisle or two away from the stage. The handicapped seat was occupied by a man he could only guess was Kiana's father. A small Asian woman looked at the show's schedule beside him with an empty seat on her left and a young woman sat on the other end of the empty chair. The Asian woman caught his eye and immediately sat up in her seat.

Sawyer surprised himself as his palms began to sweat and his face began flushing a nervous red. He unconsciously swiped his hands over his navy blue crew neck sweater and raven black slacks. The oriental woman raised her hand out for his and he took it kindly.

"I'm Nicolette, Daniel's caregiver." She told him, gesturing toward the man in the wheelchair.

"Daniel this is Sawyer, Kiana's boyfriend." Nicolette told Daniel. Sawyer watched as his eyes and head slowly came up to meet his. Sawyer took in his facial appearance and was amused to find that he and Kiana resembled one another significantly, even with one side of his face drooping lower than the other. Sawyer took the man's hand in his confidently, not wanting to treat him any differently than Nicolette.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Freeman." He said. Nicolette smiled at the blonde man.

"Your seat is here between Janelle and I. That's Kiana's best friend." She said, standing up to let him through. Sawyer scooted by and tried not to let his camera hit anyone while in his hand. He could feel Janelle's eyes on him, as if expecting him to introduce himself to her. But he didn't have anything to say; he didn't like her.

"I'm Janelle." She said a little sharply. She seemed to be agitated that he hadn't acknowledged her first. Sawyer gave her a bored look.

"Sawyer." Janelle pursed her lips in annoyance before fully facing the stage and ending their short introduction. On cue, the lights dimmed and the curtains opened with the live orchestra opening the act.

When Kiana did appear, Sawyer could feel his pupils dilate and his brow perspirating a bit. She looked beautiful; the leotard she wore was a hard, shell crème material with a deep V-neck down her breasts, jewels rained down the front and faded out as it reached her waist. The tutu was stiff and fanned out around her hips. Her hair was slicked up into a smooth sock bun and a silver twig crown surrounding it. Her makeup was flawless and her brown skin stood out in the most attractive way. Sawyer took out his camera and snapped pictures of her while she moved like silk. Her pale pink nails were always fanning out toward the sky and her chin raised high in the air. She seemed to be one of the two highlighted swans in this segment and had a few duet parts too.

When the act was over, Sawyer stood up and clapped for the women, without even thinking. Kiana came out last with the other girl performing the duet with her and the two bowed separately. The crowd clapped a little harder and Sawyer felt himself doing it too. But as if out of nowhere, a booming voice filled the entire theatre.

"Go Kiana!" Sawyer looked at Kiana with his brows pushed into a tight line. It was obvious she was trying to stifle a laugh and succeeded with suppressing it. Sawyer on the other hand was feeling entirely too heated. The lights came on to signal Act I was over. People began piling into the lobby for refreshments and drinks but Sawyer had other things on his mind.

He could see the back of his father's head exiting the front door and felt his anticipation building. Nicolette wheeled Daniel toward the crowd and Janelle followed their lead.

"I'll be right back." He told them all, heading in the direction that seemed to leave a burning trail out the door.

*

Kiana ran out of the backstage door and found her way into the lobby. It was so crowded; she didn't know how she'd find her dad. Janelle's short new hairstyle caught her eye and Kiana made her way toward it. She was looking onto a table of cookies and was in the midst of picking one up.

"Hey Nelle, you seen my dad?" She asked, glancing around. Janelle stepped away from the table just a foot to reveal her father sitting in his wheelchair. Kiana ventured that extra foot and bent down for his cheek. She kissed it delicately and then looked into his eyes.

"Hey daddy, hope you liked the show. And Sawyer too." She chuckled a bit toward the end out of a little discomfort. Nicolette appeared with water and a straw for her dad. Kiana smiled at the woman.

"You looked beautiful out there." She told her.

"Oh thanks... you know where Sawyer went?" Kiana asked. Nicolette looked at the main entrance with a weird expression.

"I think he went outside." She said. Kiana looked at the front door and saw a glimpse of platinum blonde hair which she knew was Sawyer's. She ventured out the front door quietly and was surprised to hear him talking.

"You need to keep your fucking distance; she won't give you money, you aren't going to sleep with her and she won't get you drugs so she is useless to you." She heard him growl in one of the most frightening voices she'd ever heard. She was surprised to hear the voice that spoke next and didn't try to look around Sawyer's body to catch his eyes. She'd just keep quiet until she heard enough.

"I don't want anything like that from her. She's just a great woman who is interested in helping me." Richard replied in an exasperated voice, much different to the one just spoken to him.

"You don't want any damn help, are you serious? You've been offered help for over 15 years and you're still in the same circumstances. I'm not going to let you fuck her over the way you fucked everyone else over; she doesn't deserve that." Richard replied instantaneously, finally letting his anger surface.

"Is that what this is about—you're still upset about things that happened 20 God damn years ago? Stop being a bitch about it and man up. I cheated. I cheated and I lied about cheating. I'm sorry it happened but I can't do shit about it now so man up."

"What kind of shit is that? I can't believe you still use that logic to justify the fucked up shit you've done. That's why you can't get anywhere— you trick yourself into thinking guilt is a waste of time."

"It is! Feeling guilty about what I've done wouldn't do shit for me now."

"It would get you some fucking sincerity. Maybe some empathy to give a real apology and put yourself in the shoes of the people you've hurt."

"This is your father?" Kiana asked, crossing her arms over her chest to keep in her warmth. The December weather wasn't coping well with her thin leotard. Sawyer turned to face her and could see the grimace forming on her face. Sawyer had made it seem as if he came from a family she hadn't predicted was broken and torn in the ways of infidelity.

"Unfortunately." He said quietly. Kiana locked eyes with Richard and saw he had shaven his beard a little; it was now a bit past an inch long. He had on a black button down with dark jeans. He tried to look nice which warmed her heart.

"How are you Richard?" She asked. He took his cigarette away from his mouth to give her a kind smile.

"I'm doing alright, you looked stunning; like a brown little princess." He told her. Kiana smiled in amusement.

"Thank you... So what are you two talking about?" She asked. The tension between them was something indescribable but goose bump raising to say the least.

"Not much, Richard was just about to leave." Kiana looked from Sawyer to Richard quickly with an eyebrow raised.

"Is that true?" She questioned, shifting on her feet.

"No." Richard said calmly. This statement led Kiana's eyes right back to Sawyer who was giving him and deathly stare.

"It's time for you to go." Sawyer replied. Kiana interceded.

"You have no right to tell him that." She said sternly. Sawyer flashed his angry eyes onto her and Kiana met him head on. Now the tension between her and Sawyer was growing vastly.

Richard watched the two with a smirk and questioned how his 'take charge' son had ended up with such a strong willed woman. He could only imagine how many times they'd argued in their short time of dating and he knew which of the two had won them all. Kiana and Sawyer stared at one another for a few more seconds until Richard spoke.

"I'll go." He threw his cigarette into the ashtray atop the trashcan and took a step toward Kiana with outstretched arms. She embraced the man and took in his musty yet soothing scent.

"Richard listen to me." Kiana ordered, looking up into his eyes so far above her head. "If you leave, you leave because you want to. I invited you here with intentions on you watching me. That has nothing to do with Sawyer." She told him. Richard smirked down on her.

"You'll do him some good; I don't want to come between you two." He took her hand and squeezed it once before heading down the theatre steps and into the mess of people and cars.

"I don't want to see you again Richard." Kiana told him just before he was out of earshot. He turned back to her and read the hurt on her face.

"I'm sorry Kiana." He turned back around and Kiana sighed. It was disappointing to see him choose his son's orders over her own. Especially considering she was the one to invite him.

One of them had to be the adult and step away. Kiana told herself, trying to stick up for Richard. But the other piece of her wasn't having it. Richard was a grown man, capable of making his own choices. He didn't have to back down to Sawyer just as their relationship was their problem so it shouldn't have been one of his concerns. Kiana turned to Sawyer and gave him a hard stare.

"We'll talk about this later." She warned, as if thinking the same things, Sawyer responded.

"Damn right we will." Kiana stormed around him back into the now empty lobby and headed for her greenroom. She couldn't wait to get home.

*

"I'll be right back daddy." Kiana said after she pulled the covers over his body. She turned off his side lamp and closed the bedroom door. Sawyer sat on the couch as Nicolette packed her bags. Kiana stood beside her and watched.

"Thanks for coming tonight." She whispered. Although she was still getting paid, Kiana was grateful she was there to take care of her father at the show. Nicolette gave her a look that broadcasted she didn't mind attending.

"No problem sweetheart." She told her, standing up straight and heading for the front door. Kiana met her there and watched her walk toward her car.

"Hope you have a nice Christmas!" She called just before she closed her minivan door.

"You too!" Kiana was almost sure she would, up until tonight. Sawyer had promised he'd spend Christmas with her and her dad, but the argument they were about to have might change everything.

She closed the door slowly and faced the back of Sawyer's head. Kiana took languid steps into his line of vision with her arms crossed. Sawyer studied her movements and took in her dance warm-up.

"So I'm curious; where did you get the nerve to tell one of my friends—someone I invited to my show, to go home?" Sawyer could already tell trying to keep his emotions under control would be an arduous task. Kiana seemed to be testing him in every way possible; her tone, facial expressions and stature were all screaming insolence.

"He isn't your damn friend. He's a drunken crack head." His lips were struggling to move as he said that sentence, while his hands clenched and relaxed.

"You don't know who he was to me. And so what if he is a user, he wanted help and I was willing to give it to him. I'm sorry he hurt you and your family, be he hasn't done anything to me so I won't treat him like he has."

"If he wanted to be clean he would be! What makes you think a 19 year old college girl would convince an old man to get his shit together?"

"Sawyer I am not a fucking girl. I'm not telling you that again." Kiana couldn't explain the feeling she got when Sawyer referred to her as a 'girl'. But in the end, it always pissed her off.

"In comparison to him that's what you are. Bottom line is you aren't going to help him. That isn't your job." He said, standing up and putting a little more bass in his voice.

"Your right, that isn't my job. It's yours and you've failed at being there for your family."

"He doesn't deserve my forgiveness therefore he doesn't deserve my help."

"Your dad made a mistake and obviously wants forgiveness. If anyone should know what that feels like it's you." Kiana told him. He gave her an astonished look before standing up and daring her with a glare. "You were so rude to me the first day I met you, I didn't think I hated anyone until then. But you asked me for my forgiveness and with time I gave it to you. Are you saying I made a mistake?"

"Of course that's not what I'm saying." He said.

"Then why do you believe you're the only one worthy of forgiveness from anyone? Janelle, Richard—no one but you." Kiana said with a smile.

"You can't compare my situation to theirs."

"Right. Because disrespecting, degrading and embarrassing me isn't a big deal."

"I've apologized 1000 times for—"

"And Janelle has apologized to me too while Richard has nothing to apologize for. If I can forgive then so can you. You can be so narrow minded and cold hearted sometimes Sawyer. Your father loves you." Kiana told him, trying to make those icy blue eyes ache with some sort of emotion beside the rage and resent he was so used to feeling.

"I'm going to go." Kiana shifted on her feet; he was supposed to spend the night at her father's so he would be here on Christmas Eve. Kiana folded her arms over herself as he put on his jacket.

"Well are you coming back for Christmas?" She asked quietly. Sawyer replied immediately.

"I don't know." Kiana shook her head lightly out of anger.

"Lock the door behind you." With that, she was on her way back into her father's room while Sawyer drove back home.

End Notes:

Simone Niy on Amazon Kindle

Chapter 7 by coconiy101
Author's Notes:

Simone Niy on Amazon Kindle

A knock on the front door had Kiana out of her seat on the couch in a hurry. She threw her light fleece blanket over the back of the chair and stepped around the coffee table. Once she reached the door, she opened it to reveal Janelle. She held two small Christmas gift bags in one hand. The unfathomably cold chill had Kiana ushering Janelle inside.

"Where's your dad?" Janelle asked, putting the two bags under the Christmas tree nestled in the corner of the room. Kiana had decorated it by herself, with her father's eyes overlooking it all. It was nice; 6ft tall and full in width. Her childhood ornaments were splayed evenly over the branches.

"He fell asleep on me so I just came out here." Kiana said, taking her seat on the couch again and curling her legs under herself. Janelle took off her shoes and coat which unveiled a nicely matching pair of pajamas. Kiana gave her a sly smile before outright chuckling. Janelle followed Kiana's lead with bundling into herself on the opposite end of the couch. Kiana evenly spread the blanket over their cold feet.

"Happy Christmas eve!" Janelle told her, smiling. She was always big on holidays; she really saw the value in all of them. Kiana on the other hand was always less enthusiastic.

"Thanks, you too." She said, averting her eyes to the TV. Something abnormally cold came in contact with her ankles and she jumped instinctively.

"Cheer up, it's Christmas." Janelle told her sternly, silently threatening her with another freezing touch with her feet. Kiana sighed and settled a little further into her seat. She couldn't stop thinking about Sawyer and she was sure it was showing in how she acted. After sleeping on it, she realized their argument was undoubtedly stupid. It wasn't worth the silent treatment and avoidance they'd be giving each other until one of them backed down.

"I actually wanted to catch up with you." Janelle started. Kiana didn't say anything for a few more seconds and then Janelle spoke again. "Kiana, I didn't come over to watch you pout. Are you going to tell me what's bothering you or am I free to leave?" Janelle pointed to the front door for emphasis.

"Don't leave, I'm sorry." Kiana sighed, pivoting to face her. She leaned her back against the arm of the chair and brought her knees to her chest.

"Sawyer and I had a fight last night about his dad. He made him leave my show because he didn't want me associating with him. I told him I would chose who I wanted to befriend and that he should forgive his father. Then he just left." Kiana ran a hand over her face in exasperation.

"It was so stupid, because I actually told his dad I didn't want to see him anymore anyway, so we really fought for nothing." Janelle watched with a smile while Kiana battled her own inner thoughts.

"You two are so alike." Janelle said on a laugh. Kiana wound her eyebrows together.

"Both stubborn, 'superior' know it alls. The fit is so wrong, yet so right." She laughed a little harder and Kiana tried to understand what she meant.

"What do you mean by superior?" Kiana questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"I mean, you think you're better than everyone else, morally. Nobody has their shit together but you."

"Nuh uh, that's not true at all! I don't treat anyone like that."

"I feel an argument coming on so I won't answer that question. But I think, as his woman you should've stuck by your man then and found out why he hated his dad later. You were kind of out of line for meddling in his life, I know you'd spit fire if he did that to you." Janelle said truthfully.

I sure as hell would. Kiana said to herself. Her stomach ached out of regret and she rubbed a hand over her eyes. She knew Sawyer was making a special effort to make sure he stayed out of her life's choices, but here she was crossing his boundaries and throwing her own opinion around the room. She couldn't believe she'd expected him to actually listen to her while hypocrisy flowed through her teeth.

"Shit." She said aloud.

"Sounds like you have a phone call to make." Janelle giggled. Even if she wasn't too fond of Sawyer, he seemed to care about Kiana, albeit he wasn't open about it. He had a good reason for disliking Janelle; she'd left his girl outside a weed filled house at 2 am, although that wasn't exactly how things went down it was how it seemed. She was just glad he wasn't influencing Kiana to disown her as a friend even though she knew Kiana would never listen. Kiana grunted.

"I guess I do... but not right now." She replied. She'd let him sulk and think about her a little longer. Who knows, maybe he'd call her first.

"Tell me some more about him." Janelle purposed.

"He's 26 and a news director."

"26?" Janelle asked in disbelief. Kiana smirked and shrugged one shoulder indifferently. "What the hell are you going to do with a 26 year old man?" She whispered fiercely.

"It's fine." Kiana said calmly in response to her urgent whisper.

"Alright, whatever you say. Just don't call me when he wakes up one day and tells you he wants to get married and throw a baby in your ass." Janelle said, rolling her eyes. That would never happen. Sawyer was aware of their age differences and the stages they were at in their lives; he'd never put pressure on her like that.

"So have you heard from Brandon?" Kiana asked delicately. She didn't know if that was still a touchy topic for Janelle or not. But it seemed as if it wasn't; she waved her hand in disregard and pursed her lips sassily.

"Nope, and I hope I never do." Kiana chuckled.

"What triggered the needed epiphany?" Janelle groaned out of nuisance and shook her head minimally.

"Selling the weed started turning into perks, meth and cocaine. So of course because Brandon had all that shit in his reach, he'd start using it. He used more than half the drugs he bought, therefore losing his money. I couldn't do it anymore." She couldn't see him like that and she couldn't do it to herself.

"Well good for you, I'm glad you got away from all that." Kiana said.

"Yeah, me too... so what's for lunch honey?" Janelle asked, snuggling into the couch and making it clear a nap was on her to-do list. Kiana gave her a humoured look before snorting.

"Funny... when are you going to Boston?" Kiana asked, knowing Janelle's family was only a few hours away.

"Later tonight so open your gift now." Kiana glanced at the bag under the tree and the box for Janelle right beside it. She got off the chair to get them both and handed Janelle her gift.

"You first." Kiana said, Janelle tore at the wrapping paper surrounding the small box. She took out her two favorite MAC lip glosses, nail polish and mascara.

"You know all my faves." Janelle said with a smirk. Kiana shrugged her shoulder nonchalantly. "Thank you." Kiana opened her gift and removed the tissue paper. A Michael Kors wallet embellished in gold appeared in her hands.

"This is so cute." Kiana laughed. "Thanks Nelle." They sat in silence a few minutes longer before Janelle spoke again.

"So what's going on with this lunch?"

Kiana responded immediately on a laugh. "Shut up."

*

Kiana sat in the dining room for over 10 minutes before she finally decided to pick up the phone. She dialled Sawyer's cell and it rang a few times. Kiana fiddled with a string on the hem of her tee shirt. The slight click on the other end sent a jolt of energy through her.

"Yeah?" His tone was cold and groggy. Kiana's eyebrows rose instinctively and the hairs on the back of her neck twitched.

"What a rude way to answer your phone." She mumbled fairly light-heartedly but Sawyer knew better than to think she didn't mean it. Rustling was heard over his end and Kiana could only guess he was stretching.

"Is there something I can do for you?" He asked politely. Kiana grunted in amusement, she couldn't believe saw was about to apologize to this asshole.

"I actually have no idea why I called you. Goodnight." Kiana was in the midst of pulling the phone away from her ear when his smooth baritone voice kept her arm rigid by her face.

"I'll be there late tomorrow morning Kiana." He said seductively. Kiana smirked silently on the other end. Somehow Sawyer could read her mood as she sat silently soaking in his voice.

One thing she loved about their relationship was how easy everything seemed after the worst was over. An argument fit for being the basis of a break up would seem like nothing to them the next day when they both cooled down. They just couldn't stay mad at one another for too long.

"Whatever." She chortled. She couldn't help the laugh that escaped her lips. And as Sawyer listened to the symphony of sounds in his ears, his own smile began to surface. He could only imagine how sweet she looked trying to hide her pleasure. The two hung up soon after that and Kiana went to join her father in bed.

*

"Merry Christmas." Kiana greeted Sawyer with a genuine smile. He looked her over from the front door. She wore a pair of dark jeans, black boots, a long red cardigan with a thick, cable-knit scarf. Her curly hair was pretty on her shoulders and her almond skin glowed from a good night's sleep. Sawyer looked nice in a striped brown sweater over his jeans.

"Merry Christmas." He replied sexily, giving her a half smile. He extended his arm for her waist and pulled her chest onto his. She responded to his hold by resting her hands on his biceps and dazedly looking at his lips. Sawyer bent his head to hers and took her warm mouth. Kiana embraced his cold body and allowed his hands to massage her lower back.

He couldn't fathom how he was feeling as he kissed her. Something within him wanted to take her to bed and keep her all to himself. There was just an unexplainable sense of urgency in the air paired with extreme desire. Unexpectedly, Sawyer pulled his head away from Kiana's and ended their kiss with a loud smacking sound.

"Where's your dad?" He asked. He had almost forgot about Mr. Freeman, and hoped he wasn't anywhere around watching him suck all on his daughter. The fact that he couldn't fully express his feelings would only make him feel guiltier. As if he was taking advantage of his disabilities.

"He's in the den." Kiana replied, running a smooth, balmy hand over his stubbled jaw. Sawyer relaxed a little bit more and then attempted to return to Kiana's kisses. She moved away with a chastising sound.

"Come inside." She said, stepping aside to let him in. She hadn't noticed the Christmas bag in his hand, and suddenly her curiosity was piqued. She followed him to the closet where he hung up his jacket.

"What'd you get me?" She asked with a coy smile. Sawyer gave her a confused look before returning to the task of hanging up his coat.

"I didn't get you anything." He closed the closet door and faced her head on. He even took an extra step toward her. He used both hands to gather her into his arms and he matched his head up with her ears.

"You don't deserve anything more than a pounding from behind." He whispered, taking her entire bottom into his hands. He palmed up the flesh right before taking a nip out of the skin below her ear. He swatted her once on her ass and it resounded with a deep thump. Kiana was creaming in her panties and knew she'd be receiving her 'gift' later. Sawyer straightened his sweater over his chest and headed to the den to greet her father.

*

"Food's almost done so we can start opening the gifts now if you want?" Kiana said, wiping the water off her hands and onto her dark jeans. Sawyer and her dad were listening to an old James Brown record when she came in. She was surprised to hear Sawyer humming the tune and her expression let him know.

"I'm alright with that." He said, standing. Kiana headed for her dad's wheelchair and was caught off guard as Sawyer seemed to be in her line of distance.

"I'll get him, if you think that'd be alright?" He asked. Kiana knew her dad wouldn't mind.

"Yeah—go ahead." She said, throwing a hand back down the hallway. She turned off the record player as Sawyer wheeled her dad back into the living room. As he put the locks on the wheels, Kiana took a seat on the floor and shifted through the gifts. Sawyer decided he'd sit on the couch.

"You need to sit on the floor to open your gift." Kiana laughed, patting the biggest box under the tree. Sawyer gave her a sceptical look and sat beside her. He tore at the neatly wrapped box and exposed a sturdy, professional 6 foot tripod. Kiana looked at him with a smile as he sat, speechless.

"Oh Kiana..." Was all he mumbled, still staring down at the nice present. It had just the right amount of thoughtfulness and usefulness.

"Glad you like it." Kiana said. It had cost her a little over 200 dollars, but she decided to splurge because she did get an extra Christmas bonus. Sawyer couldn't help himself, and pecked her quickly on her cheek. Kiana snorted and proceeded to open her father's gift that she'd bought for him.

"I got you a heating blanket daddy. I'll set the temperature on it so you won't burn up while you sleep." Kiana said, tearing the wrapping paper away. Kiana had also bought him scented candles, a body length pillow and his favorite movie Shawshank Redemption.

"Th...thank you." He managed to get out. Kiana gathered all the wrapping paper in one hand.

"You're welcome daddy." She replied simply. Sawyer reached for the bag he had walked in with and took out a large, thin, wrapped gift. He sat it on Kiana's lap.

"For your dad." He mumbled. Kiana smirked and undid each horribly wrapped corner. The tape was bunched in some places while the paper was bulky in some areas. But he had tried, which was all that seemed to matter. It was a rare vinyl album of Billie Holiday and Ella Fitzgerald. The album was still sealed and in mint condition.

"It's Billie Holiday and Ella Fitzgerald." She told her dad, running a hand over the album's cover.

"Thank you." Kiana told him honestly. He grew modest and averted his eyes. Then he busied himself with rummaging through the bag again. Kiana tried to peer into a little more, but he was making a special effort to hide the contents from her. He pulled out a small box that didn't have the courtesy to be wrapped. Kiana's eyes widened at the signature green-blue box with a white bow surrounding the top. Then as if to further her excitement, he pulled out another that held a different shape.

Kiana didn't mean to snatch, but unfortunately that choice didn't feel like something she had control over. Her hands shook as she opened the first flat box and uncovered a lock shaped necklace with the words Tiffany & Co. on the face. The matching bracelet held the same theme. Kiana closed the gifts back up and climbed over the boxes and wrapping paper to drape her arms around his neck. She planted her lips over his forcefully and he returned it a little less passionately.

"Kiana, cut it out." He tried to whisper but her lips jumbled his words. He could feel Daniel's eyes on them. After the 2nd second of her still showering him in kisses, he had to pry her body away from his. He unhooked her arms and pressed his mouth into a tight line. Kiana chuckled and stood to full height.

"Let's eat." She sighed. She undid the wheelchair locks and led the way to the set dining room. Red and Green plates lined the oak table along with pots of steaming food. Kiana had made a ham, macaroni and cheese, sweet peas and yams. Sawyer sat next to Kiana and her dad sat beside her.

"I wish you could've gone to church with us this morning." Kiana said quietly, gently cutting up her dad's food beside her. Sawyer sighed.

"I had to work; I would've gone if I could." He said in a monotone voice. Kiana knew he would've, but still, she wished.

"I know." She mumbled. She fed her dad a piece of ham and Sawyer caught a glance of the act. She placed the fork between his lips and patiently waited for his mouth to close. Every once in awhile she'd wipe his chin and continue eating her own food as he chewed.

*

It was 9 o'clock when Kiana began getting her dad ready for bed. He was tucked under the heating blanket that was set for exactly 74 degrees. He already seemed to be dozing off, so Kiana just quietly snuck out of the room.

"Sawyer?" Kiana whispered down the hall. The bathroom door had a bar of light below it, and Kiana walked toward it. She gently opened the door to find Sawyer efficiently washing his hands, his blonde hair hanging in his downturned eyes.

"Hey." She said quietly, gazing at him through the mirror. He looked into her eyes in her reflection.

"Hey." He replied. Kiana took another step inside and closed the door behind herself. The hallway's bathroom was pretty small and only featured a toilet and sink. But the size didn't seem to matter to them. All day long there had been an unspoken tension between them. It wasn't one of ravenous lust; it was a tension of love and appreciation.

"I want to say I'm sorry. I had no right to interfere with your family problems." Kiana told him, not breaking eye contact for a minute. He had turned off the water now, and pivoted to face her. Kiana craned her neck to look into his dazed eyes.

"I just want to protect you." It seemed more like an admission than it did a statement.

Sawyer would never confess, but he'd always see her as a little girl. She was inexperienced in every aspect of the word yet she convinces herself she's capable of anything. His biggest fear was that she'd meet someone who would take advantage of her naïveté.

He avoided eye contact after he ended that sentence, and Kiana put a hand on his cheek to regain his attention.

"I know baby, and I appreciate it." She whispered, stroking the skin beside his ear with her thumb.

Sawyer's breath caught in his throat; she was gorgeous. Her big, deep brown eyes seemed to contort his feeling each second he looked into them. The wide bridge of her nose set her face and her defined lips were puckered below it. She wore her necklace and bracelet too.

"Where's your bedroom?" He whispered. Kiana smiled shyly and turned to the bathroom door. She led the way toward her childhood bedroom. She hadn't been in it in months. Her full size bed was bare but there were still photos on the nightstands. Kiana walked inside first, running a hand over her dresser.

"Is this your mom?" Sawyer asked. Kiana turned to him at the door and he had a hand in his pocket with the other holding a frame. Kiana knew which picture he was observing; it was her and her mother sleeping in the bedroom just a few feet away. Her mother had one arm elongated in front of her as Kiana snuggled into her breast. She wasn't much older than 3 years old.

"Yep." Kiana replied.

"She was stunning—you look like her." He said quietly. They had the same big eyes and filled lips. Her skin was a little lighter than Kiana's though.

"Thanks." Kiana watched him a little longer and couldn't believe how turned on she was getting. His strong chest was apparent through his sweater, and his long, thick fingers were somehow taunting her imagination. She envisioned the rough hands twisting and tugging at her pert nipples that she could feel tightening under her cami and then they'd travel down her stomach to cover her slippery clit.

"Kiana?" Sawyer asked, putting the photo back on the nightstand with a raised brow facing her.

"Hm?" She asked, shifting on her feet and taking a hard swallow. Sawyer cracked a smile and now both of his hands were in his pockets. He took languid steps in her direction and Kiana braced herself.

"Looks like you're going through withdrawals over here." He joked with a whitening smile. Kiana didn't smile though, she just continued to look at him. Sawyer took his hands out of his pockets and grabbed at Kiana's wrists. He threw her arms over his shoulders before dipping his head in for a kiss. It had been three days since Sawyer had last been inside her, and he was definitely going a little crazy. Since the first time they'd had sex, they had been fucking every other day, if not every day.

Sawyer guided her to sit on the bed and Kiana gazed up at him. He looked down on her gingerly as he began undressing her. He took off her cardigan and Kiana raised her hands for her cami. He unbuttoned her jeans and kneeled to slide them down her legs. He took off her socks and went back for her panties. The crotch was soaked in her juices and he tried to keep some self control. Kiana had taken off her own bra and sat naked before him.

Sawyer wrapped his arms under her legs and pulled them farther in his direction. Kiana leaned on her forearms and watched as he indulged in her womanhood. He licked her slit back in forth in sweeping motions. Kiana didn't realize she was slowly inching herself away from his mouth until he forcefully dragged her body back toward him.

"Fuck, just like that!" She said in a raspy voice. Sawyer replied with a deep moan into her pussy that reverberated right onto her clit. Sawyer pulled away momentarily to look into his treat and was proud to see her tiny pearl hard and sticking out through its covering. He pulled her pussy lips apart which revealed even more of the hidden bead.

Sawyer let the tip of his tongue graze the nub ever so slightly and Kiana jumped immediately above him. He flicked his tongue feverishly over her tiny clit and could feel her legs begin to shake. She started to grind her hips against his mouth and he fought to keep up with her.

"Don't stop baby, please don't stop." She pleaded so desperately. He didn't have any intentions on stopping until her hole was dripping with her juices. Her breathing was steady and long which he had learned was a sign she was about to cum soon. Kiana never moans before she cums, it's always deep, measured breathing that have her breasts bobbing heavily. Sawyer picked up on her warning and continued lashing on her clit. Soon a river of her essence was pouring into his mouth.

But Sawyer was feeling the Christmas giving spirit and he was in his pussy eating mode, so he suckled on her clit for a little longer. He could feel her pussy's hole contacting due to her clit's sensitivity.

"Okay, stop." She begged, pressing a palm against the crown of his head and trying to push him away. Her clit was unbearably responsive, twitching at every touch of his tongue.

"Sawyer please!" She tried again. She was trying her hardest to climb further up the bed but her pussy and Sawyer's mouth were inseparable. Everywhere she tried to move, his mouth seemed to be there. Kiana could feel her second orgasm approaching and then crashing onto her much more intensely than the first. She collapsed inward as her legs shook brutally in his hold.

Sawyer kissed her inner thighs before stripping down to nothing. His cock was rock hard and ready for her body. He levelled up with her pussy before pushing it against her opening. They both groaned out as he thrust inside her. Kiana and Sawyer kept eye contact the entire duration of their lovemaking. His eyes were so soft and his touch delicate over her nipples. He brought them both to heart wrenching orgasms. Kiana didn't think she'd ever felt so cared for by anyone, especially not Sawyer.

"I'll call you tomorrow before work." Sawyer said, bending down to kiss her lips. Kiana held a hand on the door as he effortlessly carried his tripod to his car while balancing a bag full of tuba wear too.

She waved as he pulled off and sped down the street. Then she headed to the shower, thinking about how she'd start the New Year with Sawyer by her side.

*

"I'm a block away." Sawyer said over the receiver. Kiana's heels clacked on the dorm's hardwood floor as she scrambled to get her things together.

"Alright." She replied right before the line ended.

It was New Years Eve and the couple were spending their night with Sawyer's siblings. They were supposed to be having a party of some sort. Kiana was kind of on the fence about leaving her dad with a caregiver instead of spending New Years with him, but after having a few more days to think about it, she decided her dad would want her to go out and enjoy herself.

She wore a short, black sparkling long sleeved dress with a high boat neck and plain black pumps. Her hair was curly around her face and hoops in her ears. She was ready to finally meet some of Sawyer's family—the ones he'd approve of her getting to know. She grabbed her clutch and headed down the steps.

Sawyer's car pulled up immediately and she ventured down the walkway to meet him. To her surprise, he had gotten out of the car to open the passenger door for her. As if reading the surprise off her face, he outright laughed.

"It's New Years Eve, chivalry is inevitable." Kiana chuckled.

"Bullshit." She whispered, stepping into the car smoothly. Sawyer looked nice in a black button down tucked into grey slacks that sat low on his hips. His hair was swooped back on both ends and she'd noticed it was a bit shorter in the back, only reaching his mid neck. Sawyer sped down the streets as usual and Kiana found herself stealing quick glances at her man.

His cologne was light and warming. It mixed well with the aftershave she was used to smelling on his skin. As if to top off his sex appeal, he followed the lyrics seamlessly to one of Kiana's favorite Rick Ross songs.

"You look good." He said quietly, giving her a long look despite the fact he was doing 84 on a 65. Kiana smiled subtly.

"Thanks, you too."

*

They pulled up to Declan's house and music was pouring out of the windows. The front door was wide open and people were everywhere. Kiana decided to open her own door this time, and took caution stepping out of the car. Sawyer guided her to the door with a hand over the small of her back.

Kiana wasn't nervous at all about meeting Sawyer's siblings. They more than likely knew their story and would only feel sorry for how Sawyer had treated her. So in a way, his behavior was an icebreaker.

"Hooters!" A man exclaimed almost in sync with Kiana's first step inside the house. He had short buzz cut black hair and deep grey eyes that reminded her so much of Richard. He closed the distance between her, a shot in hand.

"I'm Xavier, Sawyer's half brother." He introduced himself with a smile. Kiana returned it and shook his open palm. He was a few inches shorter than Sawyer and a bit more scrawny but still very handsome.

"Were you with him the first day—" She began to ask, his resemblance striking her in another familiar way. The reminiscence of one of her most dreaded work days clouding her memory. He nodded confidently and Kiana laughed.

"Kiana! Nice to finally meet you sweetie!" A small woman said. She gathered Kiana in a hug and she inhaled her intoxicating scent. She wore a flowing knee-length dress and 4 inch heels, but still wasn't anywhere near the 5" mark.

"This is my other brother's wife Allison." Sawyer explained quietly. As if on cue, another man approached Kiana. He had short brown hair and brown eyes. He gathered his wife by the hip and extended his hand for Kiana.

"Declan." He said with a smile.

"Kiana." She said. For some reason she knew she'd be repeating her name a lot that night. There were at least 20 other people scattered around the house, all of whom she had never met before.

"You're beautiful! I see why Sawyer would be so crazy about you. Anytime we even brought up your name he'd tense up and not say another word—" Allison began to spill all of Sawyer's habits until Declan's voice stopped her.

"Allison I think she knows how he feels about her." He said softly. Kiana looked to Sawyer with a crooked closed lip smile as he turned an unfamiliar color of pink.

"Thank you for the compliment." Kiana told her.

"You two have a good time, there's food in the kitchen." Allison told them enthusiastically, pointing into the kitchen. Kiana thanked her for the helpful information and didn't waste a minute with strolling in its direction. Declan smiled as Sawyer sat on her heels, walking in the direction of the invisible leash tying them together.

*

At 11:59, Sawyer and Kiana stood before one another as the guests counted down. He reached below her waist to intertwine their fingers. His cool hand settled into hers perfectly and the current running through them both was intensifying as the countdown neared 0. He brought the back of her hand up to his warm pink lips, and Kiana couldn't get herself to watch the act. She was captivated by the deep blue of his eyes that bore into hers. The light kiss on her hand was tender and loving. She smiled just as he opened his mouth to speak.

"I'm glad you forgave me." He whispered low enough for only them to hear. The authenticity of the sentence was heavy on her shoulders. She nodded in response and moved her head a few inches closer to his. Sawyer wasted no time with closing the remaining distance and let their lips meet for the last time of the year. Although there were 3 seconds left, they had already taken it upon themselves to begin their New Years Kiss. Kiana couldn't believe the corny thought of ending one year and starting another with a kiss from Sawyer was fluttering her stomach.

*

"It's an easy major because I find everything interesting—if I didn't see a reason to remember it I would probably fail all my classes." Kiana said with a smile. She didn't know who the hell she was talking to, but she was one of the only people in the house who looked anywhere near her age group. She wore a body clenching dress, deep red lipstick and a magical push up bra. Her blonde hair was high on her head and her blue eyes sparkled.

"That's my problem; I could care less about bio-engineering so of course the class is a struggle. But I can't change my major for the 3rd time, my dad would fucking kill me." She laughed, but Kiana could see her true anguish.

"The easiest way to fix that problem is to pay for it on your own—I know it sounds crazy but it's the only way you'd find the motivation to stick to a major. Nothing's worse than wasting your own money." Kiana explained, leaning against the island counter.

"That makes a lot of sense. I just feel like that'd be a lot of responsibility for me." She said, taking a sip of her champagne. Kiana shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly.

"Responsibility gets things done." She said, chuckling whole-heartedly.

"Where is Kiana?" A hefty voice boomed somewhere outside of the kitchen. His words were slurred and sluggish. Kiana looked toward one of the two exits in the kitchen, awaiting the voice to appear. The tone didn't strike her as familiar.

Strong hands gathered Kiana by her waist from her left side. She tensed up initially, but then settled into the familiar hold. She and Sawyer had branched off after an hour of mingling. She was fine with that though, she didn't want him to babysit her anyway.

The smell of alcohol stung Kiana's nose and she knew Sawyer was drunk. Just by the way he held her; tightly yet sloppily. His hair was in shambles on his head and she tried to salvage the sexy style.

"This is my boyfriend Sawyer." Kiana said as Sawyer buried himself into the crease of her neck and collarbone, slopping kisses over the silky skin.

"Hey." Sawyer managed to say from the barrier of Kiana's body. It came out muffled but Kiana gave the woman an apologetic look on his behalf.

"I'm going to find him a seat. Nice meeting you." Kiana told her.

"You too, thanks for the advice as well." She said with a smile.

"No problem." Kiana replied right before she walked out of view. She then focused her attention on Sawyer who was slowly beginning to rest all his weight on her body. Kiana stumbled on her heels a bit as she tried to stand him up.

"Sawyer, come on baby." She urged. He was so heavy. She couldn't even manage to get him off her shoulder. But after a few tries, he stood up and she led him through the people to an empty couch. She sat beside him and he immediately found his way back onto her.

He curled his left arm across his body and over her midsection. Then he put a heavy, two ton leg across her lap. Kiana growled out of annoyance while his breath tickled her ear. He was cuddling her on the couch. A woman gave her a sympathetic, humored yet sweet look and Kiana wondered if they really looked that ridiculous.

"You look so hot." He mumbled into her ear, his words coming out in garbled fragments. Sawyer's hand wandered upward and cupped one of her breasts through her dress. Kiana quickly removed his hand from her chest just as Xavier approached them.

"He's fucking trashed." He stated. Xavier sat on a nearby seat and faced them both. Sawyer took to placing hickies on Kiana's neck that would probably never show up on her chocolate skin.

"Yeah I know." Kiana groaned. Just as if he couldn't get any more inappropriate, he managed to slip a hand under her dress. The hem was probably a few inches away from her pussy while sitting, so his fingers immediately came into contact with their intended destination. Kiana grabbed at his wrist and tried to pull it away, but he was more resistant in regards to her nether regions than he was with her breast.

Kiana made an effort to take into consideration that he was indeed drunk beyond comprehension, but she couldn't help the feeling of rage slowly growing inside her core.

"Sawyer you need to chill the fuck out." Xavier said in a quiet yet authoritative voice. As if Sawyer had been touched with a small amount of electricity, he perked up and somehow became aware of something other than Kiana's body. His hold tightened and he slowly moved his head from the barricade of her collar.

"What's wrong Xav?" Kiana had no idea who this man was, but it wasn't Sawyer. His tone was cooing yet his eyes were transforming to a stormy deep blue.

"You're treating her like a damn dog—the poor girl is embarrassed." He explained, taking a swig of his beer calmly.

"Mind your fucking business." Sawyer said, making a hard transition to a voice of warning. Kiana had had enough. She managed to get out of Sawyer's hold and stand on her feet. She pulled at the hem of her dress and looked down on him in an affirmative way.

"Let's go." She said. With time he stood too. Now it was his turn to look down on her and Kiana could feel herself cringing under his hard stare. But she regained her confidence when he stumbled on his feet just the slightest bit.

"Nice meeting you Xavier— tell Declan and Allison I'm sorry I couldn't say goodbye." Xavier looked at Sawyer and back at Kiana with a bit of understanding.

Kiana ushered Sawyer to the door. He finally made it down the steps and began rummaging through his back pockets. Kiana gave him a confused look.

"What are you doing?" She asked, standing right behind him. Fireworks were crackling in the background and lighting up their profiles.

"Where are my k—keys?" He stammered a little. He reached into his other back pocket and the sound of metal hitting the concrete sounded between them. He groaned before preparing his impaired balance for bending to the ground.

As if it were a second nature, Kiana sprang for the keys and managed to have them in her grip before Sawyer could flex his knees. He stood back to his full height and Kiana could see the drunken fury surfacing in his face. Pieces of his blonde hair lay lifelessly in his visage and Kiana took off her heels, already knowing where this confrontation was going. Her temperature was rising along with her 'fight or flight' senses. The cold grass did little to cool her scared body.

"Give me my keys." He snarled, taking a step toward her. Instinctively, she retreated two more feet and for the first time, she was afraid of Sawyer. She was almost certain he'd never lay a hand on her, even while drunk his feelings for her were evident. But his solemn eyes, hard face and illusionary gigantic stature were intimidating to say the least.

Sawyer lunged for body at the same time Kiana took off down Declan's front lawn. She looked back at Sawyer once and was relieved to see he had stumbled somewhere along his quest to capture her. He was now trying to regain his sense of balance and ventured a few more feet in her direction. Kiana had more than enough reaction time to put some more space between them.

"You must be out your fucking mind if you think I'll let you drive me anywhere. You either get in that passenger seat or pass out on this lawn while I take your car and go home." Kiana stated his two choices in one breath, without any signs of fatigue. Sawyer however, was panting heavily with his hands over his knees and his head parallel with the ground. A few more seconds of consideration, he defeatedly strolled to the open car door and took his spot in the passenger side.

Kiana eventually joined him after putting on her shoes and she broke out in a cold sweat. She hadn't a driven a car in over a year. She took her drivers-ed in high school and passed with flying colors, but she hadn't had the chance to get her hands on a wheel since. She wondered if it was really a wise choice to trust her driving abilities more than Sawyers. But as she looked at the man reclined in his seat and humming inaudible words to himself, she knew the answer to that question.

She turned off the radio and put on her seatbelt. With a deep breath, she put the car in reverse and pulled out onto the road. Her hands had a deathly grip on the 10 and 2 positions. She tried to control her rapid heart rate but the effort seemed to be in vain.

"Are we moving?!" Sawyer yelled, scaring Kiana half to death.

"Please stop screaming." She pleaded with the insensible man.

It felt like the car ride back to Sawyer's house was 2 hours long when only, they were a few blocks away. Kiana didn't trust herself with parking in a parking space, so she settled with the empty spot across the street. With the car in park, she scurried to the passenger side to help Sawyer onto his feet.

The flight of steps was something Kiana knew would be difficult to tackle. Sawyer just couldn't seem to get his legs a foot off the ground while propelling his body upwards too. His arm was draped behind Kiana's neck and he was making no attempt to try and carry his own weight.

"Sawyer you have to move your feet! I can't carry you up the steps." Kiana begged. His eyes weren't even open and his head was bowed toward the ground.

"I'm trying..." He mumbled like a little school boy. Kiana looked at the tops of his feet just to see if she was imagining his lack of effort, and as she expected, his feet were nowhere close to moving up the steps. Kiana put his hands on the stair in front of him and situated herself behind his body.

"You're going to crawl up these steps. I don't care how you do it, you just better start moving." Kiana threatened. As if to give him a jump start, she put some of her weight on his bottom. A glimmer of hope set in his heart as Sawyer moved one hand onto the next step with the opposite foot following his lead. Kiana kept pushing up and urging him on until they reached the top of the staircase.

"Thank god you only live on the first floor." Kiana mumbled, fumbling with his keys to find the one that opened the front door. It had taken them 15 minutes to get into his apartment. Kiana kicked off her shoes as Sawyer slumped himself against the back of the couch. She tugged on his arm and lead him into his bedroom.

She took off both his shoes and socks brutally as he spoke to himself in a voice of incoherence.

"Key Key baby, I'm talking to you." He whined in agitation. She could've laughed if she wasn't so exhausted and pissed off. He had never called her that and to hear it exit his somber face was humorous to put it mildly. Kiana went to undoing his belt.

"Wh—" Kiana was cut short.

"Are we about to fuck?" He asked, hopeful. She unbuttoned his pants with a scoff and shimmed them down his legs at the end of the bed.

"Absolutely not." She replied. Although she would've loved to know what kind of lover he'd be while highly intoxicated, she wasn't anywhere near the mood.

"Why are you so pretty?" He whispered. Kiana stopped undressing him to look into his eyes. He seemed so sober as he spoke those words. There wasn't a hint in hesitation in his voice nor his gaze. She swallowed roughly and took a deep breath.

"Thank you." She replied, undoing the buttons on his dress shirt. He was down to his briefs when she was done and he still continued to look in her eyes.

"I'll be right back." She said, going to the bathroom. She didn't bother to turn the light on because she was back in his bedroom within 4 seconds. She had the basin in her hands and she placed it on the floor beside his bed. She used a small hair-tie to tie back his tresses.

"Flip over." She commanded, patting his leg to jerk him awake. He did as she asked pressed his cheek firmly into his pillow

"Sawyer—look." Kiana said, wanting him to see the garbage can she put beside him. He groaned in reply but he was still asleep.

"Open your eyes." Kiana said a little louder.

"They are open honey." There was no suppressing the laugh that Kiana let flow in the open air. His eyes were shut tight yet his statement was so persuasive.

"Goodnight Sawyer." Kiana said before closing his bedroom door.

"I want to marry you, I'll wait another 26 years if I have to." The sentence ran through her head a million miles a second. Her breathing increased in rate and it felt as if she was having a hard attack.

He's drunk, he has no idea what he's saying.

She dazedly strolled to the couch where she fell asleep replaying those words over and over again.

*

The bright sun woke Sawyer. He put his forearm over his eyes while he tried to stop the right side of his head from pounding. Seconds later, his cell phone vibrated from the end of the bed. He could only guess they were in his folded grey pants. He sat up to retrieve the phone and squinted at the small font.

If ur not in a ditch on the highway, u need to go kiss ur girl's feet for the rest of the day.

It was from his brother Xavier. As Sawyer looked around, he could tell Kiana had been good to him. He had no idea what the hell happened that night but his clothes were off and folded with a trashcan beside his bed filled with his regurgitated fluids. But she was nowhere to be found. He got out of bed, dismissing his man call to the bathroom and venturing to look for Kiana.

She was curled tightly on the couch, still in her shimmering dress. Her hands were angelically placed below her head and her brown legs led up to a black thong which peeked out from under the hem of her dress. Sawyer walked around to see her face and ran a hand over her cheek. After the fifth or sixth stroke on her smooth skin, she stirred awake and looked him right in the eyes.

"I'm sorry—I didn't mean anything I said or did last night." He said sincerely, kissing her on the lips.

"I know." She mumbled dejectedly. Sawyer was compelled to take care of her a little bit, so he scooped her in his hold; back of her legs resting on his forearm and her back against his other. Kiana didn't resist the attention and allowed Sawyer to carry her to bed. He sat her onto his mattress and unzipped the back, slipping it over her head. His hands roamed over her bare shoulders and down her arms, just enjoying the even feel of her skin. He couldn't resist the urge to lay his lips against it.

"Make love to me." Kiana said in a small voice, right alongside his ear. He kissed her shoulder blade a few more times before unhooking her bra. He allowed it to reveal her chest and he knelt on the floor. She watched while he took a pert nipple between his teeth and lightly tugged on it. Kiana ran her hand over his head as he nursed on her. He gave the other nipple the same care and put a hand beneath them both. He seemed to juggle them before pressing them together firmly.

"Lie down." He said. Kiana lay on her side and watched Sawyer spoon against her. He suddenly didn't have on any bottoms and his dick was piercing into her ass. He slid a rough hand between the cut of her legs until he reached the junction that no longer traveled upward. He pressed the leg in the air and hissed out as Kiana's knee came inches away from her ear.

"Holy shit." He mumbled, evaluating how far her pussy spread in that position. The morning sun highlighted the pink of her inner labia contrasting with the brown. Her pussy's juices shines down her clit and glimmered against her hole. Sawyer licked his lips and didn't know if he was quite ready to fuck her yet; her pussy had never looked so mouth-watering.

"Please Sawyer." She pleaded, snapping him out of his fantasies. He placed himself at her spread entrance and ascended his hips to bury deep within her. Kiana cried out into the open air before sighing loudly in satisfaction. Sawyer found his spot against her ear and watched her lovemaking faces. The anguished contortions of pleasure etched on her features as he pushed himself inside her were hard to ignore.

Kiana was in ecstasy; Sawyer's dick was so deep inside her she could feel him in her core. His strokes were measured and slow, ensuring he hit every pressure point on the way in and back out. She was almost sure she could feel the veins and ridges embedded in his cock. And the hold he had on her leg was stretching her out.

He placed a digit against her clit and pressed in small circular motions. This seemed to cause her body to stiffen dramatically and she placed her palm over his. A small sound escaped her mouth before it was cut short and panting breaths took its place. Sawyer could feel her walls spasm around his dick. He peppered her back in kisses as she tried to catch her breath. He lay beside her and the both fell victim to an early morning nap.

End Notes:

Simone Niy on Amazon Kindle

Chapter 8 by coconiy101

Sawyer hadn't heard from Kiana in 3 days. He sat on his couch with his cell phone on the small table before him. He had been in that location for over 15 minutes, considering and reconsidering the idea of giving her a call. He usually wouldn't have had a problem with calling her up, but an indescribable blockade between them was holding him back. In his core he could feel their distance and that scared him a bit. To think he and Kiana were growing apart in some way made his stomach weak. He picked up the phone and dialed her number in a fluid movement that required absolutely no thinking.

The other line rang out for what seemed like hours before it reached the robotic answer machine. Sawyer waited for his turn to speak.

"Hey, it's me. I just wanted to know if you wanted to do something tonight—it's Friday so I know you have tutoring but maybe afterward I'd come get you... if you wanted." Sawyer immediately ended the call with a palm to his forehead.

What the hell is she doing to me? He asked himself before taking a long, hot shower.

*

Kiana's phone rang and she made no effort to get to it. She let it vibrate out in her purse as she had been doing for the past few days. She sat in the silence of the public library and closed her eyes momentarily. Her feet were tucked under herself on a secluded bench as people functioned around her. She laid her heated head against the big cold window, streaked with rain and fell into a light slumber. But just as she should've known, closing her eyes for even a moment left her heart clenching in pain.

*

Sawyer pulled up to the Hooters and threw his car into park. After sulking in his apartment for the remainder of the day with hopes Kiana would call him back, he decided he'd be a little more proactive. He stepped inside the restaurant and quickly scanned the room. He couldn't see Kiana around, or her friend. But he'd ask someone just in case. A tall blonde girl strolled toward him with a welcoming smile and even more welcoming chest. She put a hand on her hip and opened her mouth to speak.

"Just one, love?" She questioned in a voice of surprise.

"Is Kiana here?" He asked, hardly looking her in the eye.

"No, she called off today." She said a bit dully. Sawyer had come to the conclusion that something was off. His fresh fury with Kiana had turned into a bit of worry. Without saying another word, he turned on his heel and was back at his car with a new destination in mind.

*

"Key, you sure you'll be okay? I don't have to work today." Janelle asked quietly. Kiana was putting on her slippers so she could walk Janelle out. She unconsciously shook her head.

"Eric would be pissed if we both called off —you go. I'm perfectly fine." Kiana told her, ushering her out the door with a nudge on her shoulder. She carefully closed it so she wouldn't disturb her sleeping roommate. Janelle faced Kiana in the hall and looked her friend in the eyes. She did look fine, although Janelle knew better. She had mastered the poker face.

"I love you." Janelle told her quietly, brushing a piece of hair off the lenses of her glasses. Kiana looked down at her feet and took a hard gulp. Janelle had shared that bit of information twice in the course of their friendship, but it meant even more now because she was sure there was no one else in this world capable of saying it meaningfully.

"I love you too." Kiana replied. Tears were piercing at her cornea and she desperately needed to be alone.

"It's 8, your shift starts soon." She told her. Kiana led the way down the hall to the front door. The dorm halls were quiet and still which was odd considering it was a Friday night. Janelle opened the front door and the breeze was harsh on Kiana's body from where she stood. Janelle walked out the front door and to her car until another vehicle came to a screeching halt a few cars down from her. He parallel parked quickly and slammed his front car door. She gripped her door handle as steps were pounding up the walkway to the front entrance. Janelle recognized the silhouette and called for it. Sawyer threw his body in her direction and gave her a hard stare.

"What are you doing here?" Janelle asked across the hood of her car. Sawyer wore a t-shirt, sweats and bedroom slippers. It was a clear indication that his visit was sporadic and done unmistakably on a whim.

"I'm going to see Kiana." He said nastily, as if challenging her presence here too. She rolled her eyes and sighed, releasing a cloud in the air. Their genuine dislike for one another was more than evident.

"Did she call you?" Janelle said in a same tone. Sawyer's eyebrows raised in astonishment followed by a huff of offensive annoyance.

"Go ahead and worry about yourself." He said with a smirk, secretly declaring it wasn't any of her business to begin with. Janelle snarled and jumped in her car to pull off. Sawyer walked through the small common room and into the long chain of dorms linked together by a hallway. He could see Kiana's frame entering a room and closing the door behind her. Sawyer was right on her tail and knocked on her dorm. It opened slowly and Kiana stood in its entryway. She wore a baggy sweatshirt and shorts threatening to turn themselves into underwear. As if it were a reflex, she tried to close the door on Sawyer but he pressed a palm against it.

"What the hell is going on?" Sawyer asked her. He took notice of how difficult it was for her to make eye contact with him and it was agitating. His heavy breathing was the only thing heard between them both. Sawyer's anger had resurfaced when he'd seen Janelle. He pressed her chin up a bit rougher than he had planned and irritably searched her eyes.

"You fucking someone?" He inquired, jumping to an outrageous conclusion. Luckily Kiana wasn't in the right state of mind to challenge him the way that comment required. Kiana made a revolted expression and pushed his arm away with a huff. She stepped into the hallway.

"I just need some time to myself." She tried to explain quietly.

"Janelle is time to yourself?" Sawyer was growing frustrated.

"Yes." She said plainly, hoping it would be enough to satisfy him. But of course he stood still, continuing to stare her down.

"Are you pregnant?" He could feel his heart contracting in his chest as if it was being restrained, denying him a whole clench to pump oxygen around his body. His body's functioning capabilities seemed to rely on her answer.

"No." Kiana replied in a monotone voice. Sawyer let out a breath of relief and ran a hand through his hair. After he collected himself he looked at her expectantly.

"Then what is it?" He asked with a more delicate attitude, trying another tactic of persuasion. He put both hands alongside the width of her head. Her face was scorching his palms. She finally looked him in his eyes and Sawyer found himself mesmerized by their chocolate color. But a certain spec was grabbing his attention.

"Is it your dad?" He whispered. She nodded her head minimally, as if she was a little girl.

"I'll take you over there." He stated. In an instant he had her hand captured into his and had begun walking to the front entrance.

"Sawyer..." Kiana whispered, trying to regain his attention. Fright and terror began settling in her abdomen at the thought of visiting that house. Her air filled lungs deepened and it suddenly felt like the walls were closing in on her. Kiana ripped her palm out of his chilled hand. Sawyer stopped walking a few feet from her and turned around. The contorted expression of pure nausea on Kiana's face paired with her light head shaking gave its own translation. Sawyer practically ran to gather her into a tight hug.

"I'm so sorry." He didn't think he could tell her enough.

*

Sawyer agreed to take Kiana on errands that next day. They were now sitting in the office of her father's lawyer. During his healthier years, he had been in a mild car accident and befriended his attorney. Kiana had no idea whether or not he is associated with his will, but she had to try. Sawyer massaged her warm hand on his lap as they waited for the lawyer to come into the meeting room.

"Good morning." Someone announced behind them. A small black man appeared on Sawyer's left and rounded the length of the table to reach the opposite side. He pulled back the chair and sat down with a languid sigh. His briefcase was placed on the table and he crossed his hands in front of himself.

"Good morning." Kiana and Sawyer said in unison. The man had a thick mustache peppered in grays below light, caramel brown eyes.

"I'm Mr. Williams, you're father's lawyer. May I first say I'm very sorry for your loss. Your father was a great man and you have my condolences." Kiana swallowed hard.

"Thank you." She said quietly in the large space.

The man began rummaging through his briefcase until he came upon a worn, large yellow envelope. It was closed with the metal tab along the top. Mr. Williams slid it across the table and Kiana huffed out a breath of disbelief. Her father's messy script was plastered on the cover, broadcasting her first, middle and last name. Kiana ran her hand along the top, letting the feel of the tattooed ink run under her digits.

"I think everything inside is self explanatory. I'm only the messenger. But if you have any questions you can tell my assistant and I'll be happy to answer anything. Nice meeting you." Mr. Williams stood and reached his hand across the table. Sawyer and Kiana shook it warmly.

Soon Kiana and Sawyer were alone. She couldn't get herself to open the envelope. Her fears were set on the enigma inside. The power over her emotions relied on its contents. Her palms grew sticky under the oak table and she could see the wetness leaving its mark.

"Kiana?" Sawyer cooed. He too could feel her slicked palms in his and her pretty golden face was blushed in grey. He stroked her palm a bit to revive her. Kiana didn't reply, but instead removed her hand from Sawyer's so she could open the thick packet. She took out the sheets of paper inside first. The one on top of the pile was a handwritten letter.

Hey nana, it's your daddy.

You're my #1 girl, so of course I left you all my stuff. Take care of my record collection! I have money for you in a vault at the bank in town. That money is for school, ONLY. Don't you do anything else with that money Kiana—school ONLY. The house is yours to do whatever you'd like. I understand if you need to sell it, that's fine with me. I have a phonebook in my sock drawer with Ohio family inside. Make sure you get a death certificate so you can get the insurance money too. Use that for funeral arrangements.

Honey, I don't know how the hell I died, but I'm sorry I did. I love you and I never want you to feel alone in this world. Your mother and I are watching down on you with smiles on our faces... as long as you stay your ass in school.

-5/24/98

Kiana hadn't shed a tear. She put the note on the table emotionlessly and moved on to the next document in the pile. It was a copy of the house deeds. A key was in the bottom of the envelope and she could only guess it was to the vault. A number was branded on its rubber handle. Kiana looked at Sawyer as he skimmed over the letter.

"Ready to go?" She asked normally. He nodded with an uncertain appearance and Kiana stood up and out of her seat. She gathered the folder and led the way back to the car.

*

Kiana looked at the digital clock on the other side of Sawyer's sleeping body. It read 3:24 AM. She hadn't even realized so much time had gone by since she and Sawyer called it a night. She stayed motionless so Sawyer would go undisturbed but her mind was moving frantically. She couldn't explain the feeling within her, but it wasn't one of grief. It felt as if she was finally at peace now that she knew her father was too. She never knew there was a stomach jerking twinge of sadness in her core until it was no longer there. The presence of angels around her was apparent, even as her head rested on a pillow at the break of dawn.

She had always known her dad was unhappy. Despite what had happened, and where he was mentally, Kiana knew he was aware of what situation he was in. He knew that life wasn't meant to be lived in a bedroom with people carrying you to a toilet. He was miserable and now he was no longer in that state of depression. He was contentedly walking in heaven with his beautiful brown bride by his side. Kiana couldn't stop the smile pulling at her lips. She wouldn't cry for her father—he'd never want that. He'd want her to celebrate his life and show her how much she appreciated her own. Starting with her college degree.

She looked up at Sawyer and couldn't believe how good he had been to her. He'd driven her all over the state of Rhode Island. Kiana had managed to get funeral arrangements together, gather a death certificate, speak to a life insurance consultant and retrieve the 75,000 dollars her father left for her schooling. The unknown savings pile was a surprise to her, but a pleasant one at that. She'd no longer have to worry about pinching pennies each semester, and she'd hopefully be done with all her student loans. Sawyer offered to help Kiana pay for the tombstone, as that had been the most expensive item in relation to the funeral. But Kiana purposed she see if his help was needed before she accepted.

Sawyer shifted a little beside her and Kiana allowed her eyes to drift toward him again. She would've never guessed he'd be such a great consoler. Kiana could see he was anticipating the moment where she'd burst out into tears, but it wouldn't come. She didn't think she'd ever mourn the way anyone would expect. When a loved one becomes a casualty and that casualty alters your life, a piece of you secretly is prepared for the worst. Even if you're hoping for a miracle, you still know reality. Kiana had come to terms with the reality long ago.

A loud beeping noise sounded in the room and Kiana jumped a bit. Sawyer groaned awake and turned to shut off the side alarm. Kiana looked at the clock in doubt; it was 6:30. Sawyer turned to her and the dim morning light shone on his skin. Kiana looked out the window and into the center of the sun which she hadn't noticed was rising. Sawyer ran a hand over her forehead and down her crown. His upper half was supported by his elbow and he gazed into her eyes from above.

"You okay?" He asked, massaging her scalp gently. Kiana sighed and nodded simultaneously.

"You didn't sleep." He stated, pushing his eyebrows into a tight line. Concern filled his eyes and Kiana averted her gazed momentarily.

"Are you working today?" Kiana told him silently, glancing at the clock. Sawyer wrapped her knee around his waist and flipped onto his back so Kiana was lying onto his chest. He could feel her melting into his shape and a moan of relaxation fled her lips. He knew she'd fall asleep soon.

"Don't worry about it." He whispered in response.

*

The next time Kiana was conscious again, she was in bed alone. The rising sun was now setting and the room was dark. She padded out into the living area and could hear faint talking coming from somewhere. Sawyer's bare back was outlined in flexing muscles and deep cuts under his cute little freckles. A phone was up to his ears and he wore cotton sweats.

"I got a call a few hours ago from the funeral arrangers and they confirmed Wednesday at 1." He was speaking gently. The other person must've just agreed because they began to wrap the conversation up.

"Alright, we'll see you—" He cut his sentence short. A few more seconds passed until he spoke again, this time his voice was much more saddened.

"Yeah, she's doing well... much better than you'd expect." He replied. Kiana felt weird listening in on his conversation while she was the topic. But it warmed her heart to hear him speak in such a voice in regards to her emotional state.

"Okay, see you soon." He hung up the phone and pivoted around. The phone was still in his hand and his eyes were glued to it. Kiana noticed the booklet in his opposite palm that his thumb held open.

"What's that?" She asked softly, scaring him the slightest bit. He captured her eyes and put the phone down.

"I—I went and got your dad's uh, phonebook." He replied cautiously. Kiana was relieved. She wasn't ready to step a foot into that house, let alone rummage through his things.

"Thank you. I appreciate everything." She said, gesturing toward the phone. He had been notifying long distance family about something she should've done the first second Nicolette had called her with news her dad wouldn't wake up from his nap.

"It's nothing, honestly." Sawyer just wanted to be there for her. He didn't want her to feel like she had to be strong, or try and do everything on her own. She was sleeping so peacefully; the first snore he'd ever heard exit her lips had been that afternoon. It hurt him to know her mind was hindering her from getting rest.

"I think I called everyone that would answer. Those who didn't, I left a message." He told her. Kiana shifted on her two feet and crossed her arms over her chest. The baggy sleeves of Sawyer's thermal were helpful in the process of warming her arms. Although her bare legs weren't as lucky.

"Th—"

"Stop thanking me. I did it for myself just as much as I did it for you." He needed to take up opportunities to help. He'd go insane from an unpronounced guilt if he sat by and held her hand until everything was over. That wasn't how he operated, especially not with Kiana. She nodded silently. An awkward stillness fell over them as Sawyer wondered if he was too harsh on her. But shit, he really hated when she treated him like a friend.

"I got you Chinese." Sawyer announced. Kiana turned around and saw the paper bag idle on the counter.

"I'm not hungry, tha—"This time she cut herself off. Without anything else for her to say, she went back into the bedroom to hopefully continue her lengthy nap.

*

Kiana and Sawyer pulled up to the church. There were few cars parked outside because Kiana wanted to get there 45 minutes early to make sure everything was in place. She stepped out of the VW. She'd worn a knee length black wrap dress over black stockings and black flats. Sawyer was a black button down tucked into deep grey slacks. He escorted Kiana up the steps and into the church. The choir was already seated and warming up at the start of the room. There was one woman wandering through the pews.

"Good afternoon." She said. She wore all black and had short blonde hair. Her smile was warm, a bit too warm for Kiana's tastes. Maybe it had something to do with the man on her arm or even the fact that she didn't have to burry a loved one a few hours from then. Either one, Kiana wasn't feeling her bubbly attitude.

"Hi." She said simply. Sawyer on the other hand didn't see the purpose in giving the woman a cold shoulder.

"Good afternoon." He replied. Kiana busied herself with looking the church over. Her eyes found the open casket and she could go nowhere else. She stared at it, wishing her feet could bring her closer.

"Here's the obituary." The woman said, handing Kiana a copy of the obituary she made a few days ago. It was a thick paper folded down the center. A picture of her dad was vivid on the cover, right above his name. His date of birth and date of passing were there too.

Kiana had no idea why she didn't respond. She just stepped away from the two of them and slowly made her way down the aisle. She could feel everyone's eyes watching her. The choir, reverend, woman and Sawyer were waiting for her reaction. She couldn't get there fast enough, the church seemed 2 miles long in length.

When she finally made it to the start of the room, she smiled. Her dad laid peacefully in the cushioned bed of eternity. She ran her hand over his stiff cheek, taking in his appearance. His long lashes were perfect. He always had few wrinkles, but he looked so young then.

As her eyes wandered down his face, she came into contact with the nastiest, most hideous tie she'd ever seen. It was soft yellow with pale blue diagonal stripes.

"Excuse me!" She called to the woman who seemed to be having some sort of conversation with Sawyer. Although his expression said he'd rather be at the front of the room with her, the fact that she was chatting him up only added to her temper.

"Yes Ms. Freeman?" She called back, looking over her shoulder.

"Who's tie is this? Because it is not the one I sent you to put on him!" Kiana put a shaking hand up to her forehead. The woman hurried to her and Sawyer followed close behind. She peered into the casket and gave her a look of confusion.

"I could've sworn this was the one you sent." She said stupidly. Kiana huffed.

"This is the ugliest fuc—"

"Hey." Sawyer scolded quietly with furrowed eyebrows. He wrapped an arm around her waist with hopes the act would calm her down.

"She didn't give you this tie." Sawyer said simply, yet in a tone of certainty that Kiana could never master.

"Well I'm so sorry. This was a terrible mistake on our behalf." She said. Why didn't Kiana get that response when she'd said practically the same thing?

"I hope you don't think I'm paying for any of your services." She snarled, taking an intimidating step forward. The woman gave her an honest, humbled look.

"I'll put my job on the line to ensure none of this is paid for." She replied softly. Kiana gave her a menacing look before taking her seat in the first pew.

*

After all the services were over, Kiana and Sawyer were serving dinner at her father's house. She had agreed because it was the only choice she had. She didn't have much more money left to use on the funeral so renting a space was out of the options. She'd have to suck it up and host dinner in a home full of memories. Sawyer and Kiana walked up the open front door. As she was about to place a hand on the knob, Sawyer stopped her. He placed a sweet kiss on her lips for the first time in a few days. He then opened the door and allowed the smell of peppermint hit Kiana with a stinging slap of nostalgia.

Kiana was thankful Boston Market agreed to cater a day before the funeral. There were many more people in the house than she expected. Sawyer's siblings and Alison made an appearance too, which Kiana thought was extremely sweet of them. Janelle was there as well as some people from church and her dance company. Although most of the guests were her father's long distance family. Kiana found it amusing that some of the cried so much, considering the fact they made no attempt to visit after his stroke. Let alone help her with taking care of them. But she brushed off her bitter thoughts and tried to see past it all.

*

Kiana and Sawyer didn't speak much to one another the entire day. A sheet of silence always seemed to fall over them when directly in the other's presence. Kiana went straight to Sawyer's bedroom. She sat on the edge of the bed and exhaled noisily with her eyes shut tight. Sawyer entered the room quietly and Kiana tried to listen for his location. But a pair of hands around her ankles was what caught her attention. She looked down on Sawyer as he kneeled on the floor. He took her shoes off her feet delicately, massaging them a bit too. His hands pushed up the hem of her dress and pulled at her stockings. He slipped them down her thighs, calves and feet in one motion.

Sawyer finished his act of kindness and stood to his full height, as did Kiana. He fixed to walk off and probably begin taking off his own clothes but Kiana put a firm hand on his chest to keep him still. She undid the buttons on his dress shirt. Then peeled it off his biceps to throw it on the floor. Kiana's smooth hands ran over his chest and around his shoulders, just taking him in. She laid supple kisses across his collar bones. Eventually she undid his belt too and his manhood seemed to be somewhat erect, although she had hardly done anything to him. She missed being intimate with Sawyer, and despite the circumstances, she was finally somewhat in the right state of mind then.

She slipped her dress off her shoulders and let it fall beside her feet. They both stood in only their undergarments as Kiana waited for Sawyer to make the next move. He drank her body in for a few seconds, taking in the bra and panty set she wore. He unhooked her bra carefully. Her breasts were sitting nicely on her chest and he almost didn't want to touch them. But he did, and they felt wonderful. He toyed with her nipples between his index and thumb, tugging them gently. When they were stiff enough he slipped one between his lips.

"Sawyer I just need you." She declared, telling him to bypass all the steps to get where she needed to be. Sawyer stifled a groan; he wanted to taste her. But he wouldn't deny her anything tonight. He'd allow her wishes to be all of his focus. She laid on her back and took her own panties off. Sawyer took his position between her legs and balanced his weight above her. She looked down at where he was slowly injecting her with his dick and mumbled something incoherent. Kiana stretched her neck upwards as he filled her and kept her eyes shut tight. The necklace he'd bought for her sat in the hollows of her neck.

Kiana reached her hands above his head and interlocked her fingers. She twisted her head a bit so she could place kisses onto his ears and down his neck as he rocked back and forth.

Soon enough she came and Sawyer halted his motions of love making. He fell beside her on the bed and pulled the sheets over their bodies. His arms were wrapped around her and his head lay on her bare breast. They sat there for a few minutes, completely silent until Kiana spoke.

"I don't think my dad wanted me here alone." Sawyer tried to find the right words to reply, but he kept coming up short the first two minutes.

"What do you mean?" He questioned.

"I mean he didn't want me in this world without someone who cared for me." Sawyer sighed deeply; Kiana knew he cared about her. And he did—a lot. He cared about her more than anyone in this world. That was something he never thought would be possible. He loved her.

"I certainly care for you." He mumbled silently.

*

3 MONTHS LATER

Sawyer watched Kiana as she studied. Her glasses were at the tip of her nose and she peered into her textbook with so much intensity. She had definitely been more focused on her studies since her father passed, although he didn't think that could happen. She was taking up more hours after work for tutoring sessions, and Kiana hated knowing her dad's absence made that possible. Kiana still hadn't properly mourned her father's death and it worried Sawyer a bit. Sometimes she seemed the slightest bit down, but within a day she was normal again. She'd packed up his most important things and placed them into temporary storage while the house was sold completely. The furniture was sold but all the photos sat around Sawyer's apartment. Sawyer promised her they'd move and all his things would be incorporated into their new home.

"Kiana." Sawyer said called softly. She continued to read for another second before she marked her place with her index finger. She looked up at him without a word, yet her eyes expectant. Sawyer leaned forward so he could capture one of her hands. He massaged it in his palms for a minute and couldn't get himself to take his eyes off its creamy brown color.

"I know our age difference makes things a little difficult—"

"No it doesn't." She interrupted matter-of factly with a twinge of annoyance. Sawyer groaned and tried to continue his speech.

"You and I have been dating for a bit over 7 months, and I feel like we won't be furthering our relationship much more than this for awhile." Kiana frowned. That was discouraging to hear. No matter what sort of relationship anyone is in, they want more commitment. They want steppingstones that lead to something more.

"But I want you to know that I'm committed to you. We've been through a lot and I love you." Sawyer looked her right between her eyes and Kiana almost missed this shifting of her fingers. When Sawyer looked into her palms was when she did the same. There was a gorgeous engagement ring on her hand.

"Wh..." She couldn't find the words to express a fragment of her thoughts. The ring sparkled on her finger. The brown hand that hurt from writing cramps and had a few pen marks in the palm suddenly looked worth a million dollars. Sawyer manipulated her digits in his palm a bit longer.

"We aren't getting married anytime soon, Kiana. I want you to graduate and get a stable job outside of Hooters before we even consider a wedding, do you understand?" Kiana nodded vigorously, dumbfounded and still gawking at her ring. Sawyer smiled as he watched her bite on her lip out of anxiousness. Her palms were growing significantly wet.

She loved Sawyer, there was no questioning that. While in bed, she could have multiple dreams about marrying him, having his kids and the two growing old. Her age didn't seem to interfere with anything in her opinion. She had just been lucky enough to find her true love early, which was fine with her by all means.

"Come give me a kiss." He commanded with a half smile. Kiana rolled her eyes before standing to sit on his broadened legs. She wrapped her arm around his neck and didn't miss the sparkle on her finger. Sawyer gave her a passionate kiss. His lips moved furiously against hers and she fought to keep up with him. He groaned in her mouth when she tugged on his bottom lip. He reached his hand below her body and cupped the flesh there with a spread hand. Kiana's face grew hot as she felt the light-hearted chastising and none the less, happy angels around her.

This story archived at https://www.valentchamber.com/viewstory.php?sid=3839