If These Ships Could Talk by Uhura the 9th
Summary:

 

There is an old saying "If these walls could talk" revealing secrets or unspoken words. I would like to take on a conversation with the starships. If they could talk and reveal how they feel zipping through space. Remember men consider any form of ships as female gender, I like it already. This story is another form of a love relationship, that I picture the starships as female battle roman/greek warriors. After all, the 12 Constitution-class ships in Star trek are considered Battle-cruisers. 

 

See the source image


Categories: Primetime Television Characters: None
Classification: Alternate Universe
Genre: Drama
Story Status: Active
Pairings: Original
Warnings: Original Characters
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: Yes Word count: 18900 Read: 20743 Published: October 30 2020 Updated: May 20 2021

1. Chapter 1-Sisters in Arms by Uhura the 9th

2. Chapter 2-Good Bye-Stell by Uhura the 9th

3. Chapter 3-Another Sister Gone & More by Uhura the 9th

4. Chapter 4-I am Apollo! by Uhura the 9th

5. Chapter 5-The Love Affair-Season 1: part 1 by Uhura the 9th

6. Chapter 6-The Love Affair-Season 1: part 2 by Uhura the 9th

7. Chapter 7-The Love affair: Season 1: part 3 by Uhura the 9th

8. Chapter 8-The Love Affair Season 1: Part 4 by Uhura the 9th

9. Chapter 9-The Love Affair Season 1 part 5 by Uhura the 9th

10. Chapter 10-The Love Affair:Season 2: part 6 by Uhura the 9th

11. Chapter 11-Season 3 and End of the Five Year Mission. by Uhura the 9th

Chapter 1-Sisters in Arms by Uhura the 9th

 

If these ships could talk-Sisters in Arms

The Enterprise completed her docking procedures at Starbase 11, surrounded by several of her sister ships. Enterprise stood 9ft and wore a long roman/greek robe-dress, that slightly trailed behind her. A golden plated corset wrapped around her waist, giving her an hourglass figure. Enterprise (Prise) carried an 8-foot spear in one hand and a shield in the other. She just came from battle in space and paid the price. She wobbles into spacedock for repairs and rest. She walks out of the docking area with grace and dignity with [1] Cygnet 14 to the waiting area to join Prise's sisters who are also waiting for repairs. Cygnet 14 was also damaged in the battle, and also requires some repairs. She is small compared to Prise, barely 5'6 ft, but she carries the most bulk of information in her computer banks. Cyg is wearing the Starfleet standard uniform for women.

Farrah (Farragut) sees her first, Farrah laying on a chaise lounge, her dress draping down to the floor.


"Well, well, well, Enterprise aren't you a sight for sore eyes." Farrah hold up her goblet towards Prise. (Enterprise)


"Hey, Farrah, what are you in for?" As Enterprise strutted to the counter to grabbed a goblet and poured herself ale.


"The usual, maintenance and maybe check my nacelles again. They have been acting up. How about you Prise?"


Prise sighed: "Just came back from a fight with those stupid Klingons.... AGAIN!, they never give up chasing me. Assholes. They damaged parts of the engine sections."


Farra chuckled: "They really have it for you girl, where were you?"


"Around the neutral zone, I hate patrolling over there, it's always something happening!" snapped Prise.


"But you get to see all the action girl." smiled Farrah.
Prise takes a long look at Farrah, and wonders if she is joking or what. "Well, I hope you go next time and then tell me how you like it!"


Prise took a deep swallow of her ale, she's disgusted that she needed repairs again. She turned and walked to the adjoining chaise from Farrah.
"Where is everyone else?"


"Their coming, I see there's Lexi (Lexington) now with York (Yorktown)." Farrah pointing towards them, two tall bronze women walking with toga style dress with battle armor.
Prise sats up to see two other women coming into the waiting area.

"Look who's here, Prise!" shouted York. "How are you?"

"I'm surviving, that's for sure." huffed Prise, as she took another swig of her ale.

"I just want you to know, that I'm still mad at you Prise for what you did last year. You almost blew me out of space with your **it!" snapped Lexi as she stopped in front of Prise.

"You still hung up over that? wasn't even my fault. It was Daystrom's[2] idea, not mine, I sure didn't have a say."


"Yeah, you could have given us a warning at least, you almost killed Excalibur!"


Prise sats up and looked at Lexi: "Don't I know it! I had to play dead to save the rest of you, I was willing to sacrifice myself to save the rest of us!" Prise got up angry at Lexi and goes to the counter and poured more ale in her goblet and turned and faced Lexi.


"How did you think I felt knowing that Daystrom was going to let that kid of his run me, steer Me! DAMN! I was almost automated!"


"What?":said York. "You mean they wanted us automated by a male program?"


"A blasted kid girl, A BOY!":Prise said angerly. "What I did saved us from death, I don't know what Starfleet command had for us."


"How do you know Prise?" asked Farrah.


"Cyg told me, she's full of information, you can ask her yourself."


York, Farrah, and Lexi turned to Cyg as she dranks her tea at a table.


"Is it true Cyg?" asked Farrah.


Cyg turned to them and with her soft voice: "Yes Prise is correct. The program was designed to execute actions before they happen. It used less humans and to cut down on their loss. It's sole purpose was to replace humans altogether. All this information was part of my program and assisting in the installation of M5."

The three of them are shocked about Cyg's answer that the three of them sat down on their chaise.
"That's impossible, why would they do that? Where's the adventure?" asked York.


"Humans need us to explore," says Lexi.


"M5 was difficult to work with, he wanted full control. He shut down 75% of non-working systems. His program was erratic, and deceptive in thinking, unable to process reality." said Cyg.


Lexi looked at Prise: "I'm sorry Prise for judging you. I see what you had to put up with and go through."


"Thanks, I accept your apology. That crazy kid almost had us all killed with his programming. If it wasn't for my captain." Prise smiled at that, he's the one reason why she is still alive today due to his quick thinking.

 

End Notes:

 

A/N:

Star Trek TOS: [1]Cygnet 14- is mention in the episode Tomorrow is Yesterday.

Star Trek TOS: [2] The Ultimate Computer:

 

Chapter 2-Good Bye-Stell by Uhura the 9th
Author's Notes:

See the source imageEnterprise continues to explain events from her travels to her sisters.
See the source image

Good-bye Stell

Lexi, Farrah, York, and Prise are relaxing during the repairs of their equipment. Their chaise lounges are situated in a semi-circle with room for more sisters if they arrive. At each lounge is a small table to place their drinking goblets. Their battle armor lay resting at the base of their chaise. As sisters go, they sharing their experiences with the places they have been and the captains that serve them.
York and Prise are considered veterans for their extensive encounters and battles, mostly York. While Prise usually deals with the Klingons, which she thought they were clumsy in battle. York was dealing with the Romulans, which she didn't like. When York would deal with a Romulan warrior it was like fighting with herself, they were tough, resilient and cunning. York was giving Prise information about their tactics, knowing she would eventually run into them patrolling the neutral zone.

Prise got up and started pacing, she have a lot on her mind and more to tell her sisters. At that moment Netty (Hornet) slowly walked in, almost dragging her armor, with the look of weariness on her face.

"Nettie what happened to you?":asked Lexi as she got up to support her to one of the empty chaise.

"I just came back from almost being sucked into a black hole, it took all but one of my dilithium crystals to pull away."

Nettie droped her armor in fatigue and allowed Lexi assist her. Prise rushed over to support her weight.

Farrah rushed as well, and handed Netty a drink.

"I've been on impulse for over two weeks, that hole took out our primary warp drive and computer systems."

Just then Cygnet 14-Hornet wobbled in distress and sat at a nearby table for repairs. She looked just as bad as Netty. York went to attend and serve Cyg/Netty tea, all Cygnets prefer tea versus ale what the warriors like to drink. York didn't mind serving in the name of sisterhood, all Cygnets fought along with them.

The sisters slowly watched Netty drank her ale and it gave her strength.
Netty started to feel better and sat up to greet her sisters. "Thanks for the support, I'm starting to feel better already."

Netty looked around and noticed that a lot of her sisters are in the repair dock.

"Wow, this must be the biggest family reunion ever, I've never seen so many of us at one time!"

The rest chuckled in agreement. Farrah and Lex returned to their chaise, and while Prise returned to pacing.

"York was telling us about her Romulan encounters," :said Lexi, then she noticed Prise pacing and sat up again.

"Prise what's wrong?"

They took notice of her pacing as well, Prise stopped and turned to her sisters.

"I have something to tell you and it's not good."

The women sat up and gave Prise her attention, she took a deep breath as she started: "We lost one of our sisters."

"Who was it Prise?":Lexi asked sadly.

Each woman held their breath, the death of any of them brung great sorrow and grief. They were warriors, who fought in deep space, exploring and fighting foes. Centuries before, they fought on oceans and seas, it was confined space. But now the universe is vast and open to more adventures.

"It was Stell."

The women went into shock and sadness instantly at the loss of a great sister.

"Constellation is gone? Totally destroyed?" asked York.

"Yes"

"She was the closest to Connie (Constitution)" :said Farrah.

"They were practically built at the same time, yeah they were very close.":sighed Hornet.

Each sister started to weep, for the loss of one of them. Constellation was one of the oldest, but the girl could fight. She instructed the rest of them to survive in space and trained battle tactics. Stell demonstrated a pillar of strength, among them all. She showed them how to age gracefully and accept replacement.

Netty turned to Prise and asked: "What happened to Stell?"

Prise paused for a moment and starts to tell the story:[1]

"We got a distress call from System L-370, it was bad transmission but Stell was assigned to that sector. We proceeded there, when I entered that sector, I noticed there were asteroids or debris everywhere. Which was strange because we charted seven planets there last year, according to the Vulcan. As I continued against the debris, I saw Constellation in the distance, she wasn't moving just laying there ..motionless. As I drew closer... I noticed her wounds, she looked so lifeless. I knelt to pick her up, she was barely alive, I removed her helmet and Stell's face was swollen, her sides bleeding. Whatever it was, she put up a good fight, her shield was cracked in half, and her sword was broken. Stell opened her eyes and recognized me, I asked her what happened. She could only say that she tried her best to defend herself, that her commander was not well, the decision he made came with a price, and it was a great loss. I asked Stell what was it that attacked her. She said it was a massive beast. Stell used all her battle tactics against it, but it did nothing the thing. The beast struck her so hard that the warp and impulse drive were gone instantly, her shield buckled and collapsed along with her sword.
I was carried her in tow, and she continued to tell that all the planets except two were destroyed, and the humans had died on one of the destroyed planets. That made things worse for her to realize that the monster was after her because of her energy. As they continued moving towards the next solar system to get out of harm's way. I was struck from behind and lost Stell from my grip. I watched Stell drift away from me, and I turned to see what hit me. I saw this massive long projectile-machine approaching me, I stumbled from the shock and tried to maneuver around to get a better position against it. I was able to move away from its path for a better view. I watched Stell continued to drift away from me and I tried to maneuver back to her, and then I noticed that the Vulcan was gone from my guidance, and another commander took over. I wanted to go get Stell, but it was too dangerous to move from my position. I decided to distance myself from Stell to draw it away from her. I felt abandoned and without merit, I started charging the beast without a plan. I drew my spear and held up my shield for defense, it approached me with fire shooting out of it's maul. I was hit on the side and I started to feel weak from it, the machine drew power from me as I became closer to it.
I started to strategically my footing against the beast. When I struck the beast with my spear, nothing happened as it vibrated in my arm with shooting pain, I continued to strike at it with no result. Whatever this thing was made out of, nothing could penetrate it. Then the beast struck at me again and I lost so much energy from the attack, my warp drive was gone, and I was wounded from the beast.

Prise took a deep sighed, looked into space and continued:

"It started to pull me in the dark hole of its mouth, I was powerless. I wondered why Captain Kirk and the Vulcan abandoned me to this fate. I couldn't save myself, the thing had a hold on me and pulling me into its massive mouth. I attempted many times to maneuver with all my strength, without success. Then from out of nowhere, Stell came to rescue me from its jaws, she struck it with her sword and the monster released it's hold on me. I escaped to reposition myself and I struck at it again. While Stell tried to retreat and the beast followed her. I struck several times on its broad side of the machine with no impact, it was useless and I had the beast chasing me again! The best I could do was to lead it away from Stell, I was happy to see her fight for me, but she was still severely injured. When looked at Stell again, I noticed she was able to maneuver away from the beast, but her energy was still low---very low. But the beast continued to chase me again which was better than going after Stell, and I was able to outmaneuver it from its grasp. I contacted Stell to rendezvous outside the galaxy and try to get more help or warn the other systems of the impending doom that was coming."

Prise held her head down as she told the next part of the story:

"Then I saw Stell veer towards the beast, I screamed at her to what was she doing? Stell turned to me with sorrow in her eyes and then explained that many galaxies depended on us for safety and something must be done. She wanted me to tell my sisters that she fought with honor and dignity and will die that way. I thought she could make it safety, but Stell knew she couldn't make it on barely impulse power."

Prise also knew her captain was on that ship, guiding Stell to her destruction against the beast. Her heart was worried that she would never find another man like him. Prise watched her sisters cry as she continued:
"I watched Stell go down the beast's mouth and swallowed her, then a great explosion occurred on the inside, that shook the beast and spewed out its last fire. I fell on my knees in great sorry for our sister."

Prise stumbled to the bar and grabbed a goblet and poured ale and drank it. She turned to watch her other sisters gather their emotions.

Lexi stood up first with her goblet and gave a toast to their fallen sister.
"To Constellation, the greatest warrior and leader among us!"

The others stood up too and saluted the toast with Lexi. Prise held up her goblet to the air, as a tear fell from her eyes. It's hard to watch a sister die and sacrifice for the common good, and Stell did that. Prise was grateful that her captain survived the battle, his leadership saved the galaxies and countless civilizations.

"Do you think they will build another Constellation?" asked York.

Netty turned to Cyg-netty: "Cyg is there any plans to rebuild Constellation?"

She stood up and addressed them: "To this date; only refitting of other procedures are on file. There is a possibility of another battlecruiser is in planning. Unknown name at the present time."

"I think we should celebrate the life of Constellation with music and singing." :said Farrah.

"Yes, I agree." :added Lexi as she walked to a cabinet and opened to reveal an assortment of musical instruments;
hand harps
tambourines
lutes
flutes.

Netty was able to get up and retrieve a harp, so did the other women selected an instrument of their choice and they start to play merry music to celebrate the life of Constellation. They created ditties of their experiences with her and danced in her honor.

As Prise was strumming her lute, she was still deep in thought of another story to

tell her sisters. Another loss.

 

End Notes:

 

A/N: According to the OTS Kirk stated in "Tomorrow is Yesterday" episode, there were 12 ships in the fleet. But according Star Trek fandom there were 14:

 

 

[1] TOS:Doomsday Machine

 

Chapter 3-Another Sister Gone & More by Uhura the 9th
Author's Notes:

See the source imageSee the source image

 

The sisters just mourned the life of Constellation, she saved countless galaxies and civilizations because of her sacrifice. But Enterprise has more news, breaking it to her sisters is hard. The women again are drinking ale and eating their noon meal.

Cyg-Prise was still sitting at the table with Cyg-Netty comparing notes from their journals. The Cygnets always talked about the same thing; their programming and installations of computer components. But mostly they keep all the women up to date and maintain their health.

Cyg/Prise looks at Cyg/Netty: "My repairs are completed ahead of schedule."

"How do you get repaired so quickly?" asked Cyg/Netty.


Cyg/Prise stands up to leave: "The Vulcan is efficient and his ability to restore me efficiently and it gives me the opportunity to be back online in advance."

"You have the only Vulcan in the fleet! You should be honored Cyg/Prise.": commented Cyg/Netty.


"Yes, the Vulcan has the ability to re-route and repair all my components and circuits, he has class A-7 expertise certification and I have been unsuccessful in competing multiple chess games against him. The Vulcan is highly intelligent and desirable."

"I agree with you Cyg/Prise, Vulcans as species are quite handsome.": added Cyg/Netty.

The sisters sat up, and turned toward the Cygnets and watched them converse about the Vulcan. Then they stared at each other in amusement about their topic, they don't see the desire in the man. But they noticed how much they admire the Vulcan.


"What is the big deal about the Vulcan?" asked Farrah.


"Does he has some form of magic over all our Cygnets?": chuckled Netty.


"They always talk like that about the Vulcan, he helped their programing and computer components stay online.": Prise jabbing about their conversation.

 

Cyg/Prise approached Prise: "I shall return to duty Mistress."

 

"See you later Cyg/Prise."

 

And she left to report to duty.


"Remember Trep?" The sisters drew their attention back to Farrah to her statement.


"Yeah, we all remember Trep (Intrepid)" added Lexi.


"Of all goddesses I miss her." Lexi gets and walks to the counter for another pitcher of ale to pour into her goblet.


"But the way she died?" Lexi took a deep breath, she was closer to Trep, plus they were built about the same time.


"She changed a lot before her death!" Netty also sat up and swinged her legs over the edge of her chaise. "She was different."


"Don't forget she was guided by Vulcans, she even started to look and act like them," added Prise.


Netty added to the conversation; "Yes, she went from a battle dress to a robe, her demeanor changed too."

"That's because she was a part of them, she had no choice. But I did like the new weapon she carried."

Lexi said sharply and defending her closest sister.

Farrah wondered with a stern face; "What kind of weapon?"

"She told me it was called a Lipra, the Vulcans use it as part of their former battle days. It has a short angular sharp blade at one end and a counterweight at the other. It was different." Lexi explained to them.


"Wow, I would like to see that! Did she ever use it?" asked Farrah as she continues to sip her goblet.


"Not that I was aware of, it was the last resort, she was primarily on exploration, then she was lost and Prise found out later she was killed by some form of monster." Lexi held her head down when she said it, she misses Intrepid.[1]

"Yes, it was weird. We were sent to find Trep, there was no trace of her. When we near her last location we found a hole in space. This hole somehow drew us in where we lost all our energy. It was slowly killing us, I believe Trep didn't know the thing was sucking the life out of them. Once we pass the zone of darkness, there we see the humongous creature it tried to drag me towards it, I didn't have the strength to fight back. The Vulcan went on a suicide mission against the creature, but I had no strength to help him." described Prise.

"We know he lived, so how did he survive?" asked Netty, who has switched her position on her chaise.

"They attached some form of the detonator in it and the creature was destroyed, but the Vulcan I've had manage to save with a tractor beam." explained the somberly Prise.

Farrah asked with her head bowed and a deep sigh; "That is sad how she went, I wonder if Starfleet will replace her?"

"If they do, she'll be younger and better than me. I wonder if she'll remember me." Lexi was saddened by how her closest sister had pasted. "Let's toast to Trep!"


The women hold up their goblets again for a second fallen comrade.

"My sisters I have another story to tell." sighed Prise giving a far off look. She needed to let them know how things had changed for them and herself.

The women all sat up again and looked at Enterprise's face of sorrow, they see again that it's not good news. Good news is hard to come by when you are fighting the universe against unknown foes.
"Who is it Prise?" asked Farrah waiting the weight to drop, each loss left an empty space in her.

"Doing my travels, I came across something so eerie and unexplainable."

Prise sats down on her chaise and looked at the floor, her dress flowed with her as she sat. She took a deep breath and started her tell.

"I was sent to find her, they haven't heard from her in three weeks. I was in the last place where she was, I never been there before. It was a different type of space, it didn't feel right -and neither did I."
Prise shifted on her chaise and spoke hesitantly, "I started to feel uncomfortable and nervous."

The women observed Prise tension in her voice and poise, she was stalling to reveal who it is. They weren't ready or prepared to deal with another lost sister.

"Go ahead Prise, we can take it," said Lexi holding a stern face, but a concern heart.


"Then we came upon something from a distance and it looked familiar. As I came closer I recognized it, I mean her. It was Defia (Defiant)."[2]

Netty and Lexi stood up and shock and in unison: "NO!"

"Yes, she was laying there lifeless and she looked eerie, Well she looked like a ghost!"

York asked with grief in her voice; "Was she dead?"

"Yes she was dead, the strange thing is that I kind of could see right through her!"

"What? No way!" shouted Farrah and Netty both showing shocked looks.

"I'm telling you it was downright weird and it took all my thoughts to deal with what happened next. Defia starts to sit up and talk to me, she told the space around them started to break apart and affect every part of her body and the crew became unstaple."

"Was Defia really a ghost Prise? Really?" asked Lexi, she had heard Prise tell stories before and even challenged her on her tactics. But Lexi had some doubts.

"Look, I know it sounds strange, but even the Vulcan was confused, and he's a man of science! Defia told me if we stay there too long, creatures will investigate us and question our reasons for being there."

"I believe you Prise, I've known Vulcans to be reliable," replied Farrah, giving Lexi and look of rebuff.


"I know it sounds strange, you had to be there, Defia told me that the area of space did something to her body and she actually started to fade and break apart, she also told me it affected her fighting and reason abilities. She couldn't think straight. Then she started to drift and I tried to hold her, but there was nothing to hold on too! My hand actually went right through her. I asked Defia where was she going, she didn't know, the space around her pulled her into another dimension."

Farrah, Lexi, Netty, and York had a puzzled look on their faces after all their journeys had never heard such a story. They looked at Enterprise in awe as she tells the last details of Defia.

"Did you see these creatures like Defia had said?" asked York.

"Yes I did, they came when I became sick and weak, showing symptoms like Defia. They threaten to attack me if I didn't leave at a certain time. The Vulcan stayed because my captain was lost like Defia in another dimension, she took him."

Netty questioned Prise again with a little doubt; "That doesn't make any sense Prise, how did she take your captain if just described her as a ghost?"


"As I said, it's hard to explain, not only was I getting weaker, but the crew was getting sick as well. I respected the Vulcan, he stayed to find my captain." Prise got up and her gown flowed to the floor, and she starts pacing again. As she was pacing and wringing her hands, thinking with doubt.

"Prise, I know this is hard for you to tell us, and please forgive us, just that we never heard such a thing," explained Lexi. She got up and stood next to Prise, and placed her hand on her shoulder.


"Thanks, Lexi, I appreciate that. After all our travels and encounters this one... this one made .. me afraid of the unknown. Seeing what happened to Defia and then the creatures who called themselves Tholians build a web to snag me for trespassing into their space. We did ask to stay to recover my captain, but time ran out."


Prise turned to her sisters and looked at their faces, waiting to be shamed for admitting fear, which no warrior knew or experienced. But Prise did, but instead her sisters surround her and hugged her for her bravery and realized the great risk she had taken.


"We are with you our sister, there is no shame. One time we also have come across great challenges of our faith and character," said York.

"My body continued to fail, they were trying to rebuild my strength, it was hard for me to keep my position when I slipped into I thought was the web. Somehow I was transported to another part of the galaxy and I was able to find my captain."

"How? I thought he was in another dimension or space? Right?" asked Netty.

"I thought so too, Netty. That area of space did something, its unexplainable. But somehow he was transported with me and my captain was saved. But Defia never returned when he did, she's in another part of space and time."
Prise finished her story. She was glad she shared with her sisters because they don't see each other all the time. Plus Prise knew the next mission could be their last, that's why they are so close to each other and celebrate what they have.


York went the counter and grabbed a full pitcher of ale and went to each goblet to fill. The sisters looked at each other and gave a toast to Defia.


"To Defia may you find peace where ever you are," said Farrah.


"We will miss you our sister," added Netty with deep saddness.


York joined in with great sorrow; "We will always have fond memories of you girl,"


"You will go down in the history books as a great warrior," added Lexi as well, feeling the great loss like the others.


"Defia thank you for saving me, and I hope you will find peace where ever you are. Farewell my sister." declared Prise.

They drank again in celebration of another great warrior.

The women grow weary hearing the loss of so many of the sisters. They had fought well for the cause and belief of their makers.

 

End Notes:

A/N: TOS: The Immunity Syndrome[1]

The Tholian Webb[2]

 

Chapter 4-I am Apollo! by Uhura the 9th
Author's Notes:

 

I am Apollo!

 

Lexington got the call to return to duty, she retrieved her sword and shield. She turned to give farewell to her sisters.


"Well Ladies duty calls, I am back on-line and with more adventures to look forward too!" as Lexi positioned her shield across her back and shifted the sword in her hoister around her hips.


Who serves you Lexi?" asked Netty.

"Commodore Wesley services me, he is not bad, mostly ole school tactics."

"Has he been with you long?" continues Netty.

"About 6 years now, he not as good as Enterprise's commander, he's young and ambitious." As Lexi looked at Prise's face showing a hint of jealousy.

"Girl, it was the good goddesses smiling down on me for dealing me that captain!" chuckled Prise.

"Your captain has brought you prestige and glory, Prise." complimented York.

"Yes, there are those who honor you for the deeds you have done," added Netty.

Prise feeling uncomfortable about their praises; "Sisters! We work together as one for the greater good. Throughout history our names have reigned for glory and honor for centuries, as long as humans had created vessels for traveling we will always exist."
Prise didn't want all the attention drawn to her, it often brings jealousy and bitterness. Prise was not into that. Her captain worshiped her, if they knew about their relationship, it would not be good.

"Prise is right!" said "Farrah: "We have been the symbol of our characters and the battles we have won for the greater good."

"Well my sisters, I must go. I hope to see you again with more stories of our adventures." Lexi bowed her head and left to the docking bays.

They rest watched Lexington walk back to the docks and observed her departure through the windows. Lexi was a strong woman and had her own legacy throughout history right next to Enterprise.
York, Netty, Farrah, and Prise were left with Cyg/netty in the waiting area. Farrah turned around from the window and strutted back to her chaise with her long gown trailing her. She picked up her quiver of arrows, her choice of weapon and inspected them.
"I hope to see Lexi again, I hate to see us... go in any manner." Farrah said sorrowfully.

"We were created for war, we were created for a purpose!" added York.

"By the goddesses' themselves, we became the guardians of vessels.' added Netty. "I wonder when we will meet again?"

Prise couldn't say, she met one of those supreme beings once, it didn't end well.

"What are you thinking Prise?" asked York.

Prise turned to her sister York and strolled back to her chaise. "I was thinking about Apollo."

"Awe, the famous war god!" As Netty also left from the window after watching Lexi warp out. She walked back to her chaise as well. "Why are you mentioning him?" Asking curiously.

"I have mixed feelings about him when I met him, he wasn't very nice to me."

"WHAT?": shouted Netty. "YOU MET APOLLO?" Netty couldn't believe what she had heard, Prise met one of the Olympic Gods.

"Are you sure?" asked York. "It... must have been glorious!"

"No, it was not, not like millenniums ago when we were all equal. He was different this time, more lost and vengeful."

Netty, Farrah, and York gave their attention to Prise.

"I wouldn't know if Zeus would have proud about that moment or the goddesses that created us?"
"Tell us what happened Prise?" asked York.

"We were exploring a part of a solar system and a planet was scanned. Then an image of a large hand approached us from the planet, reaching out towards me."

"Now that's weird, just a hand Prise?" asked Farrah.

"Yes, it had no form or body to it. By the time I realized it, that hand had grabbed me stopping right there in space! He had chained me, I was at his mercy." spatted Enterprise.

The sisters saw the hate in Prise's eyes, they never seen that before. But they continued to listen to her story.

"Apollo stood before me, all majestic like he was THEE, God. He told me, that he had every right to stop me, that he was the son of Zeus. I told him that I was a follower of Diana, she commissioned me and my sisters long ago that I only answered to her. That made him angry, and he struck me."

The sisters were in awe that one of the gods actually hit her. Their face changed to shock to disbelief. Prise's face displayed was anger, her eyes became slitted with hate but she continued her story.


"I fell to the ground, I felt stunned for a moment then I got up and stared at him with hate in my eyes. Apollo told me he could crush me with one thought. He was mad because Pan was with me!"

"Pan was with you?" questioned York.

"Yes, he was referring to the Vulcan, the sight of him somehow scared him. Apollo said Pan bored him, the sight of the Vulcan displeased him greatly and Apollo blamed ME." snared Prise. She got up and start pacing across the room.

"We all know that the Vulcans are not a jolly bunch, but no reason to hit you Prise!" snapped Netty.


"Nor tie her up like some cattle!" added Farrah.

"I had to lower my pride it was getting the best of me, I'd calmed down. Because I knew the Vulcan would find a way to set me free from my chains. I was forced to sit at Apollo's feet like some slave, chained to the floor of his podium. I felt so humiliated, never had I felt so low. He had the power to crush me by command. I hoped the others could have seen what Apollo has done to get praise and worship from the humans, but mostly what has happened to me."
Prise was deeply wounded what Apollo had done, the days of old were truly gone, not like it was over 6,000 years ago where the gods reigned on earth with glory.

"It was their jealousy of the one God that did them in, if memory serves me correct," said York.


"Your memory is correct, a new Triune God (A God with no name) emerged to quash Zeus and the others out of history. Explained Farrah. "They faded out on Earth."

"Yes, that's what Apollo had said, he wanted to establish the former glory days, where they reigned on Olympus and men worship them," added Prise. "With me chained, I was helpless to fight, they didn't know how to save me either. Then Apollo was distracted by one of the females from the ship. She fell for his pretty words and praises, she made it worse." spatted Prise.

"Wow, the gods always are drawn to females. Always tricking or seducing them into something." giggled York.


"Yeah, often they fall into their own demise, it's sicking how that happens," added Farrah. "Continue Prise, we wonder how you broke free from your chains."

"Finally the Vulcan came through, he found a weakness in his temple, he waited patiently for his revenge. He waited for the safety of the others first, the Vulcan was able to set me free partially that I could take down Apollo's temple. My spear was fired up and I was able to reach it and fire upon the temple. It weakened, and then Apollo confronted me and demanded to stop. But I continued to destroy the thing that gave him strength, slowly the rest of my chains fell off and I gained the power to battle Apollo. We fought, my shield was able to block his strikes as I continued to take down his temple. Then he started to beg for me to stop. Strange, at first he wanted them as slaves, punishing us for resisting him. Finally, the temple gave, but I was free, and they were free. His face was downcast with hurt and tears in his eyes, Apollo looked at me and asked me why. I told him I was not his slave, and that he chained me against my will. My sisters and I, once we celebrated with the gods and goddesses in the past. I was commissioned by the goddess Diana to serve her and you disrespected her legacy and enslaved me.'

Those days are gone, and I could no longer serve him, they were no longer the gods we served. I told him he had no right to hold me against my will. He looked up into the heavens and called the others, stretched out his arms and begged them to take him. It was then I saw the others, they came forward.

Artemis, Diana, Athena, Ares and Poseidon came forth to receive him, they felt for their lost brother, he tried to restore the things of old. But they knew without the worship and praises from men, they would be forgotten. They took their hurt brother to the Never worlds. Before they left Diana and Poseidon glanced at me for the final time, they both bowed their heads in respect and left with the rest."

"Wow Prise, we no longer serve them, we have changed, we are no longer slaves," said York.

"Now, men worship us, and admires us as we travel throughout space, our names have become legends," said Netty.

"Be careful Hornet, one day you're here, then the next day.... You know," commented Farrah. "What Prise been through was serious, we were once worshipped with the gods."

"We are still apart of them, but different in a way. I am a warrior, I didn't like being held against my WILL! Or treated like a SLAVE!" snapped Prise.

York got up and went to hug Prise. "Prise, I'm sorry for what happened to you out there, we are here for you."


"Yes we are," said Farrah as she and Netty got up to also encase Prise in a hug. They touched heads in support of their hurt sister. Prise felt relief from their embrace, it gave her comfort that they believed and not judged her from the experience with Apollo.

 

End Notes:

 

TOS:

Who mourns for Adonais?

 

Chapter 5-The Love Affair-Season 1: part 1 by Uhura the 9th
Author's Notes:

These next set of chapters involve in the relationship between Kirk and Enterprise. I want to image how he really felt about his ship and how would they interact in his mind, his world. My intention is to project how real the Enterprise is to Kirk and the impact of their relationship.

"Congratulations Kirk on your promotion," said Admiral Kawaoki standing up, shaking Kirk's hand. "Starfleet Command has deemed it that you are ready for full service. Not only are you the youngest but your tactical usage demonstrated your command abilities."

 

"Thank you Sir which ship will I'll be commissioned?"


"The Enterprise she's a fine ship, she's being refitted with the latest technology," commented Kawaoki. "At the moment there two senior officers Mr. Spock science officers who served under Captain Pike, and Lt. Montgomery Scott in engineering who is instrumental in the engine's design is also helping with supervision. Both are fine officers, you will need them."

"Mr. Spock, he's a Vulcan I believe." replies the curious Kirk.

"Yes best in the fleet when he toured with Pike who took a promotion. Kirk you'll also get to pick the rest of your crew."

"Thank you sir." says Kirk with a great big smile on his face and releasing his hand from Kawaoki and returns to attention.

"You'll find the Enterprise moored in dock 10 if you want to see her, and Kirk Godspeed on your missions."


Admiral Kawaoki gave Kirk a salute for dismissal.

"Thank you Admiral." Kirk returned the salute and pivoted to leave. Kirk is pleased with himself, a command he long waited for is now in his is hands, he couldn't believe his dream comes true.
He walked to the docks to find her,and found it a long walk passing other ships moored. He saw workers and ship technicians running around with equipment repairing and maintenance. The walk seems like it took forever, but then he saw the hull emerged into Kirk's view and seen multiple technicians working on her engines and her outer hull. He stood in front of the large window and looked at the woman who stole his heart.

He saw a tall woman in a long red Grecian style gown, a shield was draped across her back. she was facing away from him staring out into space. He noticed her long brown hair weaved or braided down her back, and a long staff resting in her hand. Kirk was awed by her beauty and stared at her, like a teenager's first crush with love. He tool it all in his heart jumped and swell;
he must have her,
he needed her for his existence.

"Enterprise" Kirk said softly and seductively toward her.

Enterprise turned to see a young man calling her. She seen him approaching the docks. Prise looked at him quizzically, and sternly, and noticed that Kirk can see her. He stood before her, looking her up and down at her beauty, her eyes are dark brown that pierced through him.

"You are?" Prise asked sharply.

"I am Captain James T. Kirk and I'm here for you, you... you are beautiful."

Prise stood above him and stared down at him,and slowly walked around Kirk, inspecting him. "You think I'm beautiful?" snarled Prise.

"Yes, I am assigned to you," He wanted to reach out and touch her, but held back. Kirk was overcome by her beauty, he became hypnotized by her presence.

"What can I do for you?" Prise asked sharply again.

"I want to serve you Enterprise."

"Really?" Prise turned away that her gown flowed and walked away.

"Wait!" Jim running after her and gently pulled on her arm, she jerked from his grip and aimed her spear at his chest, her eyes piercing his.

"Don't -ever touch me! You are like the other men who have approached me, what makes you different?" snapped Prise.

"I will only serve you and you alone!"

"Yes, you will until something else comes along as all males do."

"What do you mean?"

"What do I mean you say? All males have an agenda, we will work together then you will abandon me, that's what I mean!" snarled Prise. She turned and continued to walk away from Kirk her hips swaying, her gown flowing.

"I won't do that to you!"

"Yes you will, it is your nature Kirk."

"I promise, I won't leave you." Kirk jogged up to her to confirm his pledge.

"I don't need you, you know."

"What do you mean?"

Enterprise turned to Kirk and looked down at him again, then drawing a smirk across her face.

"You see I have the Vulcan and he served me well, and he knows exactly what I need and fulfills it. Then there is the engineer, he knows everything about me, they both don't neglect me they both care what happens to me. What can you give me Kirk? Promises? I have heard that before." Prise continued walking.

"I will love you Enterprise, it will only be you!" cried Kirk.

Enterprise stopped and slowly glanced back at him, studying him carefully and critically. She had never heard a male address her in that manner, is he trying to trick her? She stared at him looking at him up and down examining his face.
Kirk walked up to her, looking up at face. Then knelt on one knee and pledged his loyalty to Enterprise.

"Nothing will become between us." Kirk took her hand and kissed her knuckles.

 

Enterprise gasped by his declaration. She stared down at him, and then at her hand where he placed his kiss. Enterprise pulled her hand from his and regained her composure:
"We shall soon see Kirk, we will test your loyalty."

Enterprise stepped back and continued walking, leaving Kirk kneeling on the floor. Kirk realized that he has a big order to fill. His first commission,
first starship
and the first crew.


She spoke about the Vulcan and engineer like they were her first lovers. He has to remedy that quickly. Only he will possess her, he got up and left for his temporary quarters to pack up his belonging for his long journey with the Enterprise.

-------------------------



It was 6 months into their journey when they encountered Kirk's test. Charlie had taken control over the ship. Kirk felt helpless to stop him, but his drive to prove his love for her overtook him. When Charlie sat in his command chair Kirk had enough and challenged him:

"I could've sent you away before, but I didn't" snapped Charlie.

Kirk looked at him straight in the eye and with a firm voice: "You're going to have to take me on."


"Don't make me do it now."

"You got my ship, and I want it back. I want my crew back, whole if I have to break your neck to do it!"
Kirk grabbed his shirt at the shoulder and pulled him out of his command chair, he had to protect her. His jealousy was overrun by the thought that Charlie is disrespecting her. Then his parents showed up and explained his disappearance and returned his crew. He watched Charlie beg for him to stay. When the ship was back to normal, he appeared before her.

"Well done Kirk for not letting that child continue to disrespect me." Prise looked down at Kirk giving him a promising smile. "I must say that you are doing a commendable job pleasing me."

"Thank you Enterprise, I did it for you."

"So I see." as she walked around Kirk and with her finger trailed the back of his shoulders. "You are doing so good, let's see how you handle the next scenario."

"What do you mean?"

"What about her? Do you desire her? You can have her if you want. You might even fall in love with her, ... even marry if you desire Kirk."

Kirk stood back, and Janice flashed in his mind. He did like her, even flirted with her.
"She won't be a problem, we are just friends."

Enterprise chuckled: "Sure, that's what you are telling me now. See you later Kirk."
Enterprise pivoted and walked away from him.

Kirk watched go with her hips swaying from him, he thought to himself: "She wants so much, what must I do to win her favor, her love! DAMN, SHE SO BEAUTIFUL!" Kirk started to breathe heavily, he wanted to do everything to win her. Enterprise has became a drug to him now, he can't live without her. He had seen what she's done to Scotty that he even talks to her through the engines and the space around him. To the point, if anyone disrespected her name, Scotty came out fighting whoever it is. He has fixed those engines and known every inch of Enterprise. What Kirk doesn't know that is she has done something to him, he can't compete with Scotty in that area, but he has her attention, her life source. But Scotty knows who is in charge and the only one who can see Enterprise. Kirk confronted Scotty and he confessed that he loved her, they both sat down in Kirk's quarters and drank themselves into a stupor about Enterprise.

 

End Notes:

Star Trek:TOS:

Charlie X-dialogue insert from the series.

 

Chapter 6-The Love Affair-Season 1: part 2 by Uhura the 9th
Author's Notes:

See the source image

 

Kirk continued his battle within himself over Janice, he was very attracted to her. She was always there for his need, she was efficient with her duties, and the men find her attractive as well. But they couldn't compete against Kirk, he found himself more handsome with politeness. That other women on the ship found the captain attractive as well and he played on it. But Janice was different, and Kirk wanted her, desired her, but couldn't have her. It droves Kirk crazy. He would dream at night about holding Janice, Prise knew that Kirk is attracted to her. Kirk and Janice would talk often about ship business at first and then their personal interest. Janice had left a longing in his heart, they would both flirted and then they would have secret dinner dates. No one knew of their relationship, they kissed several times. But Kirk wanted more, he thought to himself could he ever have a meaningful relationship. Then like a thief, she invaded his thoughts, her gown flowing around her, her hair draped over her shoulder calling him. ENTERPRISE. Kirk couldn't escape her, he didn't want too.

Kirk was trying to make Enterprise jealous if he could, and Kirk was no match for Enterprise. She had used Scotty and Spock against him, and then he would use other women against her in attempt to get Prise attention. Kirk wanted to find out who would break first in their love tryst.
Unfortunate it was him; it was during the Psi2000 mission, where the planet was deteriorating before him. The crew became infected with some form of viral, that the crew were losing their minds and unable to control their emotions. Their deep dark secrets surfaced and displayed across the ship. Including Kirk's was exposed to Spock:

"I've got it, the disease. Love. You're better off without it, and I'm better without mine. This vessel, I give, she takes. She won't permit me my life. I've got to live hers.'' Kirk snapping at Spock.
"I have a beautiful yeoman. Have you noticed her, Mister Spock? You're allowed to notice her. The Captain's not permitted." Kirk doesn't hear Spock trying to save the ship, Kirk in his mind is deep in her arms, wanting her.
"Jim, there is an intermix formula."
Kirk chuckled: "Now I know why it's called she." Because Enterprise has a way of hypnotizing you, making you long for her ran through Kirk's thoughts.

"It's never been tested. It's a theoretical relationship between time and antimatter."

The viral has taken over him, he's torn between fantasy and reality, Enterprise has such a hold him, Kirk can't fight it anymore. He longed for a forbidden love from both Janice and Enterprise.

"Flesh woman to touch, to hold. A beach to walk on. A few days, no braid on my shoulder."

Scotty and Spock left to set the theory, Kirk is alone. He looked around and envisioning her and said boldly; "NEVER LOSE YOU,... NEVER!" he balled his fist at his statement.

Moments later:

The theory worked, McCoy found a cure for the viral, and Kirk sank back to the way he was with both of his women. Rand standing by him, hoping he would say something to her. Just a word to confirm her desire for him. Her heart aches for him, she desires him, she's in love with her captain.
Kirk stared at her, she doesn't notice him. Janice's hair golden to look at, she is so beautiful, she doesn't know she lost the battle. It was Rand versus Enterprise, and Janice lost. What is he going to do? Kirk wanted to reach out and touch her one more time, his heart hurting, Enterprise will always win. Kirk with sorrowful eyes;
"No beach to walk on." Kirk said so softly.
Rand turned and to him
"Sir?"

Kirk had to save his ship, he had to save her first before any thing or---person. She had won.

 

------------------------------------------------

When everything went back to normal, Enterprise approached Kirk with a smile on her face. He fell at her feet;
"You win I am yours."

"Kirk you were never mine, I'm just giving you what you asked when we started this relationship. We will always have these little trysts." Enterprise knew Kirk would die for her but at what cost.
She turned to walked away triumphantly, her shoulders back and smirk on her face. Enterprise didn't want him to be defeated like this, she glanced to Kirk with a sigh, took a deep breath and addressed him.

"Listen, go play on your beach darling, but just remember who you belong too." She continued her walk.

Kirk didn't know what to say or think, maybe it's another test. He wanted his day in the sun, would she let him. He got up and watched her disappear in the horizon.

 

What happened next with Kirk sealed his fate; the mission on the planet Apha177. Where his body personality literally split in two caused havoc on the ship. The first personality is shy, docile and compassionate. While the second personality was aggressive, sensitive and deceitful.
Kirk have been avoiding Janice, at least that what he was trying to do. He is still drawn to her, just out of reach. But now the ego-Kirk, decided to take a chance. His heart lusted for her, nothing could stop him from pursuing her, not even Starfleet Command. This is his chance to claim what he always wanted, touch, kiss and make love to Janice. The woman that haunted his sleepless nights, he will see her out. After he left McCoy in sickbay practically choking his best friend, he wandered down to her quarters with the brandy in his hand. He knew from conversations and the looks, Rand still wanted him, but not the way he came at her,and then Kirk plotted to take her and he surprised Janice in her quarters:
"Oh! Captain, you startled me." Janice noticed that there is a difference in his appearance, and her gut feelings felt unsafe. "Is there something that you? Can I help you, Captain?" she said nervously.
Jim took a swig from the bottle and leaned on the counter and gave a devilish smile. "Jim will do here, Janice." He slowly approached her.

"You're too beautiful to ignore. Too much woman. We've both been pretending too long." Kirk forcibly grabbed both her upper arms squeezing them that her shoulders scrunched up. "Let's stop pretending."
Janice pressed her hands against his body trying to break away, she saw the anger in his eyes, it's not the man she knew. Her mind is trying to process what to do, she does like him, but not like this? But not like this where he's forcing her. Kirk pulled her body closer to him to draw a kiss, she leaned back trying to break the hold.
"Captain?"
Kirk spoke firmly, trying to maneuver her body to align with his to kiss. "Just a minute, Janice. Just a minute. Don't fight me, Janice."
Kirk planted a hard kiss on her, forcing her to comply with his lust. She started twisting and pushing Kirk off her, she pleaded with him.
"I can't..."
Janice continued to struggle against Kirk, they fell on the floor, now Janice is scared now he is assaulting her against her will;
"Just a minute, Janice," he said again. Janice took her nails and deeply scratches his cheek, that he released her and she scrambled to get up. She ran across the room to get space and tried to dodge him, she dashed for the door where he caught her, and door opened in front of a crewman and she screamed for help.

When Kirk gathered his alter-ego, the damage was done, Enterprise saw it all. His chances with Janice was over, he could picture Enterprise laughing at him. She was right, she won. Kirk held his head down in defeat; some men say they can have it all, what was the saying?
Have your cake and eat it too.' It didn't apply to him, his soul will never have peace, not in his world. He still wanted Enterprise despite his massive mistake. Somehow he has to make up to Janice, try again or something.

Enterprise took a long look at Kirk from a distance; "That was his walk on the beach? it is what he wanted."

She shook her head and continued her travels, her gown flowing as she walked, her weapons positioned for battle. She didn't know what to do with Kirk, his love for her is making him crazy and unstable. The thought to make her jealous over a female was beyond imagination, she will always be there for Kirk regardless if he wanted her or not. Enterprise knew that she is in Kirk's blood.

 

End Notes:

 Star trek script: The Naked Time

TOS: The enemy within

 

 

A/N: I am trying to imagine how Kirk really loved the Enterprise and the lengths to keep her. You should try watching episodes where he always think Spock was trying to take the ship from him. Spock's a Vulcan duh enough said.

 

Chapter 7-The Love affair: Season 1: part 3 by Uhura the 9th
Author's Notes:

Janice POV:

Janice still had hope in her relationship with Kirk, in time she healed from the assault that happened months before. They started talking as friends again, she tried to put the alter-ego Kirk in the back of her mind, could she give him another chance with friendship possible relationship? Janice took one day at a time, she couldn't figure him out anymore. He would distance himself like she wasn't there, then flirt with her. She was still assigned as the Captain's personal yeoman, for now, for how long? She couldn't tell. She could only tell Nyota, the only friend she had, she liked Hikaru but only as a friend. There in her quarters, she shared her concerns with Nyota:

"I don't get Nyota, one minute he's flirting, the next he's distant, and I just don't know what to make of it."

"Listen Janice, from female to female; it's the job. Kirk is into his job. Just from observing him on the bridge. It's a lot, you have to remember that."

Janice took a deep breath and thought that Nyota is right, Kirk has a lot of responsibilities maybe he doesn't have time for her.

"Maybe your right, I'm looking to far into this, I mean.... I know there's something there."

"What do you mean?"

"Like I feel there's another woman, someone else he's seeing, I feel like I am competing with another woman."

"Someone on this ship? Do you really think that?"

"I don't know, just don't know. But I believe whoever it is, she has a stronger hold on him than I do. I'm just a yeoman."

"Janice stop, you are more than that, you're one of the best at your job, and you are the only one who is closest to the captain than Spock."

Janice looked at Nyota and hoped that she is right. But her gut feeling is that there is another woman and Janice wondered who she is.

"Let's see what happens next may be your right, it could be his job."

 


The Enterprise's next mission took them to Earth-type planet where the children never aged. Rand was assigned as part of the landing party. It was a test of her character, she participated in every area of her job and duty. She even ignored Kirk flirting with Miri, she stayed focus and gave her interpretation of their situation. Everything was fine until the landing party started to develop lesions on their skin, time was against them. Tempers were flaring at every turn, frustrations broke out among them and the fear of death coming within days living on the planet.

Janice couldn't take it anymore, the opportunity to be with Kirk was shrinking away each minute. He will never know how she felt about him or Kirk about her. She found herself ugly that a post-puberty child was more sexier than herself. She looked at the multi-colored lesions spread all over her body, Janice had become overwhelmed with fear and rejection from the one person she desired and couldn't have. Janice thought about the other women, and wondered about her identity but nothing compare what Kirk was doing in front of her flirting, it was driving her crazy.

Then it happened: It was there in the lab, she was helping McCoy and Spock the best she could, she's not a scientist or even a nurse! She couldn't look at Kirk anymore, her nerves were raw, so when he bumped into her it was the last straw, she screamed in anger:

"No! No! No!"

Janice ran out of the lab room, crying, she leaned up against the wall away from him, she knew Kirk had followed her. She felt Kirk behind her:

"I'm upset, so upset." She turned to Kirk and ripped her uniform at the shoulder and expose the increasing lesions.

She faced Kirk and revealed her raw feeling crying exposing herself:

"Back on the ship, I used to try to get you to look at my legs."

With tear streaked down her face, sniffing her nose: "Captain, look at my legs"

Kirk slowly drifted his eyes to her legs and not only did he saw her nicely shaped legs but the spread of the lesion as well. She tried to cover them up with her hand. Kirk reached for her hand and drew her body into a hug of comfort.

"We're all frightened"

Janice for that brief moment she felt wanted and loved in the arms of the man she desired. It was just a moment in time, it was the fear.

 


Kirk's POV:

Janice felt so good to hold, only that it was brief, her flesh against mine. It felt real and I wish I can keep her. It won't work, I can't have both, my beach life is almost gone, just a long-distance dream that I have. Kirk had to get back to work saving themselves from death.

When we found a cure for the virus and return to our duties on the ship. Janice stood next to me, talking about the children and the services they would need. Then she brought up Miri, that sweet little girl, I knew she had a crush on me and I used my charms to make her do things for our safety. And I joked about her that she was too old for me.

I find myself looking at Janice, and there is no joke about her, I couldn't have her either no matter how much I wanted too. Enterprise took care of that, there goes my walk on the beach, gone forever. She's the other woman, and I can not pass her by, my relationship with her is so deep to let go.

That's the only thing I have that she allowed me to use, My charm. Enterprise used me as a front to get things done. I feel like a slave to her, but I don't have the strength to leave her, I'm starting to trust Spock and Scotty, more Scotty. He acted like he saw her more than Spock does, to him Enterprise is a tool a real vessel. But for Scotty and I, it's real in his way; but she's real to me because I see her. Enterprise has us both doing her bidding, sitting at her feet. We both love her, there is nothing we wouldn't do for her, it's sickening! But we both work for Enterprise interest, to win her heart, love her unconditionally. I've been spending a lot of time within her presence, that I almost forget about Janice.

Enterprise stood and strutted around me; "Kirk, you don't talk about your special friend much?"

"She has her duties and I have mine"

"Darling, you can be with her if you desire, don't let me stop you. You are a man with needs."

"I don't want Scotty to be alone with you."

Enterprise laughed at his accusation:" Where is this coming from?" She bent down to his face; "Darling I'm not real."

Kirk balled his fist in frustration; "Yes you are! I need you, I told you before I'm in love with you!"

Enterprise gave him a sad look, pivoted and strolled away and said snarlingly; "Sure you are darling, sure you are."

Kirk had made up his mind he had to fight it, and thought it's another test, she's giving him another test of his loyalty. How many times does he have to prove himself? Kirk takes a deep breath and left for his next mission."I have to distance myself from Janice, I have to spurn her for Enterprise's sake."


His next mission proved that and their duties proved it too. Kirk ignored Janice the best he could, he had to treat as the rest and always out of reach. His proof came in the sexy beautiful form of Lenore Karidian. When she stepped on the bridge in mini fur dress, the men stared at her beauty, Uhura saw Kirk's eyes light up and smile widen like a Cheshire cat. Kirk had managed for the acting company to perform and the Enterprise escorted the theater troop to their next destination. When Janice saw the flaming young beauty, she was done in, she knew it was the beginning of the end of any opportunity to be with Kirk. She kept whatever pride she had left and gone back to work.

Kirk did it on purpose, Janice had to leave his life to have a life with her! It didn't matter who he charmed or used. But Lenore was almost the death of him, and many others. But Kirk did it.

Enterprise laid in her chaise and smiled; "Kirk you are something else, you really want to prove your love for me." She picked up her goblet and toasted.

 

End Notes:

 

Star Trek TOS: Miri

Conscience of the King

 

Chapter 8-The Love Affair Season 1: Part 4 by Uhura the 9th
Author's Notes:

See the source image

 

The Love Affair-Season 1: part 4

Janice POV:

Janice laid in bed crying, she was inconsolable, she had fallen in love with a man she could not have. Other men on the ship pursued her, she flirted with, only to get the one man she desired. Janice was frustrated to no end, she couldn't figure outwho is the other woman that stole Kirk from her. She observed that he was never around anybody else, but his flirtation with women did her in every mission, every woman that encountered Kirk bedded them without a second thought. Janice thought he did it on purpose, and it worked, and she couldn't be second fiddle to anyone. Now Janice resigned as the captain's yeoman, and another one replaced her. Yeoman Tamura was younger than her plus she did a good job. Janice was insulted, but it still hurt the same.
Janice got up and went to her computer console and started typing information, she was at it for 15 minutes. Then sent the file off as top priority, she took a deep breath and did what she had to do. She would leave her post, this ship, and her friends for the sake of her sanity.

Jim Kirk POV:

Jim laid in bed, his arm covering his face in disgust. She was gone, and he didn't blame her, he drove her away. On purpose, he didn't want to hurt her, but he did it anyway, he had to think of his future goals. He had everything planned out, he couldn't have relationships interfering for his quest, but the cost was too great.


Enterprise was my heart and soul, I stand out among the rest because of her. I was allowed to play the harlot with any female of my choice as long as I come back to Enterprise. She now knows that I am totally committed to her, I will never leave now. I sold my soul to her.


Kirk didn't mind that he could never be tied down to any woman in his lifetime, he realized that and Janice was proof of it. Now they are bound to one another, he now knows her thoughts. He has often referenced her "GET MY SHIP OUT OF THERE!" on many missions. But love for a real woman was lost and forbidden to him forever.


Enterprise observed the whole scenario, shaking her head, smiling in the midst of it. She couldn't believe that the human male has submitted to her, willing to give up his personal life to live it with her. Enterprise wonders how long it will last, she knows she exists on the love of men. Her fighting power lies in the soul of those are willing to use her to the utmost, she didn't realize Kirk went all lengths to get the glory and recognition.


A few weeks later, Janice Rand was gone. Her last days were spent in the arms of Uhura, crying her last tears for Kirk. Kirk not knowing the hurt that he has caused to her.

"What hurts the most Nyota, is the way he flaunts other women in my face." wiping tears and barely audible.

"What did I do wrong? I was professional as I could be, not too many people knew where we stood? You were the only one, and I trust you. I just don't get it, ... just don't."

Uhura knowing the captain a little longer based his life on his command, she also knows that Kirk loved to seduce women of any race. He had picked up a reputation as a womanizer. Women actually threw themselves at Kirk knowing his background, what fame and glory would do to a person.

"Jan, I think it's best. You deserve better than this, why would you want a man who'd sleep with everyone or thing. Mind you, Captain Kirk knows his job and does it well, he's the best in the fleet. That kind of makes him a little... egotistic."

Janice looks up at Nyota, with her swollen face, streaked with tears. Burst out laughing, Uhura joined in.

"Thank you, Thank you so much. I'll miss you Nyota."

There was no fanfare when Janice Rand left the Enterprise, only the two transporter technicians, Uhura and Sulu sent her off to her next mission.


Enterprise laid back in her chaise with another goblet of ale, her battle shield and staff laid close by. She sipped to Kirk's conquest of women that followed Rand, another blond woman replaced her, she was younger more fairer. Theresa Ross didn't have a chance, she too tried to woo the captain, and he fell for her beauty and blue eyes. The poor woman fell into a void of countless women that Kirk used. But when the Enterprise was in trouble they were quickly forgotten. Kirk's number one mission is to protect the Enterprise, his prize possession, his one and only.
Enterprise couldn't stand the damsel in distress from the female crew, it irked her to no end. Women should be more independent, strong, self- sufficient and Enterprise never saw it, except for one female in particular. She demonstrated more guts, and Enterprise and Cygnet liked Uhura because of her intelligence. She was a professional in her field and did it well.

Then one day on a fatal mission, Kirk returned back different. His heart was broken by a female from Earth's past. He mourned Edith Keeler deeply, Enterprise never saw him like that. His playboy life stopped, and he restrained himself from his addiction. He didn't even talk to Enterprise for several months. Something has changed, and for the first time, Enterprise was stunned and alone. She missed his presence, their next several mission was less invasive and Kirk kept to himself, and this bothered Enterprise.
Enterprise paced with her shield mounted across her back, and her spear giving her balance as she walked. She was in great concern that Kirk had forgotten her,

"He promised me that he would love me
He promised me to give me his soul and
I was HIS one and only."

Enterprise huffed in disgust;
"I will find another way to draw his attention back to me."

She did, she drew her attention to the two other men in her life. Scotty who worshipped her and Spock.

 

End Notes:

A/N: Star Trek:TOS

City on the Edge of Forever.

Chapter 9-The Love Affair Season 1 part 5 by Uhura the 9th
Author's Notes:

See the source imageBeta writer: Jsilver2000

 

 

Fun with Klingons

Enterprise has encountered many life forms as she glided past stars, quasars, planets, and asteroids. She has met and encountered other ships, some good, some bad; the Andorian Annessa was one such ship. She had her blue skin, long white hair and antennae; she wielded her staff with a sharp blade at the tip. Prise got along with her; they even helped each out other from time to time. Then there were those sneaky Orions: Vana wore almost nothing; she considered herself seductive and always spoke in double entendres. She wore a belt adorned with a set of blades. You could never tell which side she was on: Vana would flip on you if someone offered her a better bargain. Prise had to watch her constantly; she wasn't loyal to anything but sex and trafficking. Then there were the Vulcans: they were honest, dependable, and emotionless. T'Spa reputation alone would often deter enemies from engaging her in combat. T'Spa was a great warrior/ship because she was Vulcan and used logic when she fought. She would tell me it was because she followed the Way of Surak.

Then Prise watched slowly Intrepid turn Vulcan; it was a sight to see, she became part of the Way of Surak. primarily manned by all Vulcans. But Intrepid was a great warrior for centuries, her name had been synonymous with power; it was a shock to see her humbled. Intrepid was destroyed by slow eating monster, she would be missed.*

But nothing irked Prise more than the Klingons; they were oafish, selfish, and arrogant. When Enterprise encountered her first Klingon, it was an experience she would never forget. Kaymer was boisterous and unapologetic; Prise couldn't stand her. Kaymer wore battle armor complete with breastplate, and sported a ridged forehead and sharp teeth. She had dark, nearly charcoal skin and bushy brows. She carried a bat'leth blade in a two-handed grip, and she presented herself as proud and unafraid.

One thing Prise learned in her first encounter with Klingons was that Kaymer talked a lot; as a matter of fact, she talked so much it almost put Prise to sleep. That was her first mistake.

"Earthling, what are you doing here?! Get out of my space!" Kaymer snarled.

Prise just stared at her with her staff in hand.

"You think you're better than me because you're part of the Federation? Our Empire can take you and the Federation. We fight with honor; your death will bring me more honor."

Prise started to wrap up her gown into knots on the sides, exposing her muscular legs.

"I don't fear you, Earthling."

Enterprise continued to stand in silence.

"I will take you and your sisters down!"

"Okay," Prise said nonchalantly

"We Klingons take what we want-and we want this planet."

"Okay."

Kaymer kept spitting out threats.

"When I kill you, Earthling, it will be swift!"

Prise realized that Kaymer's spiel was a stall tactic; she quickly scanned the area and saw a shadow in the distance. Prise repositioned herself just in time to barely avoid a disruptor beam from another Klingon sister. Prise raised her shield to deflect it, firing her staff and then throwing herself into a shoulder roll. She sprung to her feet and took aim at Kaymer, who threw her blade in Prise's direction. Prise deflected the blade and returned fire, but she was firing from a bad angle and missed her shot. She moved forward and to her left to avoid another disruptor blast from the second sister. Kaymer was now unarmed since she had thrown her blade at Prise. Kaymer raced to retrieve her blade, her failed attempt to counter attack was miscalculated, she picked up her blade and charged with a battle cry towards Prise.

Prise charged the other Klingon sister first in an attempt to get the upper hand, the two warriors faced off and began fighting hand to hand; Prise was able to knock down the other sister, with the weapon dropping. Then Prise picked up her staff, she was able to maneuver towards Kaymer before she could swing her blade and strike her in the chest. Kaymer involuntarily yelped, stumbling back from the assault, but found Prise's staff pointed at her throat. Prise turned slightly toward the other sister, daring her to charge.

"I will take her life; back off now!"

Prise heard a growl from the other sister.

"Peace, Marak! There will be other opportunities with this one," Kaymer hissed.

"Yes, I can see we will meet again, Klingon, but today is not the day!" Prise snarled with venom in her eyes. She was mad at herself for letting her guard down. Prise belatedly remembered Lexi's warning about how sneaky the Klingons could be.

The second Klingon backed off to save her sister, and Prise slowly let Kaymer get up and walk toward the other.

The two women stood next to each other, attempting to stare down Enterprise.

"We will meet again, Earthling."

"I'm sure we will, but not today!" Prise settled into a battle stance, at the ready.

Marak and Kaymer backed off and warped out of her presence.

**Enterprise had to leave and get help; she had surmised that the next time she encountered them, there would be more than just two Klingons. The call went out for reinforcements to protect a civilization that was basically just a bunch of sheepherders. Kirk and Spock were down there on the planet, trying to uphold the Federation principles of freedom. There was nothing she could do to help when a company of Klingon troops with little regard for humanoids was already down there.


One solar day later, the Exeter, Lexington, Hood, Excalibur, and Enterprise were en route to intercept the Klingons. Prise gave them her version of her encounter with the Klingons.

"You were right, Lexi. They are sneaky when they attack. They don't come straight at you like most enemies."

"I'm glad you realized that before it was too late, Prise. That knowledge will serve you well in the future."

"I noticed that they do a lot of talking about their pride," Prise said.

"I noticed that too, but that's their downfall; they talk too damn much-it's boring."

When the Starfleet sisters met at the appointed place, the Klingon sisters were waiting, with Kaymer in the lead. This time she didn't carry her blade, but wielded a disruptor instead. The Starfleet sisters took their positions as planned, with Prise in the lead.

It was a standoff, with each one waiting for the other to take the first shot. The first shot would lead to war. The Klingon sisters snarled and Kaymer spoke first:
"Looks like the pale Earthlings have returned. Are you ready to fight to the death or run?"

"The last time we met, I had a spear at your throat. It was you who feared death; you pleaded like a child to your sister! Prise taunted. Hood and Exeter laughed.

The remark hit home and made Kaymer's purple blood boil. Being accused of cowardice was the gravest insult in the Klingon culture. She aimed her disruptor at Prise.

"Stand down, sister!" Marak snapped.

"NO! She is spouting lies against me!" Kaymer snarled. Suddenly her weapon became too hot to hold and she dropped it, gasping her hand in shock. Kaymer turned to her sisters, only to see them drop their weapons as well.

Prise's shield and staff became too hot to bear and she dropped them too.
"OUCH!"

Her Starfleet sisters also dropped their weapons.

"What is happening to our weapons?" Lexington asked.

A white ball of energy formed between the Starfleet sisters and the Klingon sisters. A voice came from the ball:

"My name is Ayelborne. I have interfered in your war against each other. We were once beings like yourselves. We have reached out beyond the stars to find peace among other races and planets. For thousands of years, you have been used as the instruments of war, but I-or we-will demonstrate the instrument of peace. You were created for peace, and you shall be used for peace."

Kaymer snapped at the voice: "How dare you? What gives you the right!"

Ayelborne calmly replied, "Can you use your weapons? No; I have prevented that."

"I was always used for war. How can I stop now? It's my life!" Prise argued.

"You will learn to be used for peace; in time, you will learn."

Ayelborne disappeared.

Prise turned to her sisters in confusion; they did not comprehend what had happened either. For centuries, the fleet had been used for battle; to strive for peace was unheard of. Prise and all her sisters had always been fighters. The new concept Ayelborne advocated was foreign to them. Prise turned to her sisters:
"It is time to go; we have a lot to ponder."

"I don't understand, Prise. What did he mean, 'In time, you will learn'?" Hood asked.

"I don't know. I don't know," Prise answered, shaking her head.

They all turned to head home, but they couldn't take their weapons-they were still too hot to handle.

The Klingon sisters left as well; they were even more confused than the Starfleet sisters about what the alien being had said. "Can we live in peace with them? Impossible."

"Yes, hissed Kaymer : "Impossible! I had those Starfleet sisters! One day there be a reckoning."


Days later, Enterprise sat in her chaise, her mind still perplexed over the word 'peace'. Over the centuries, it seemed to her that peace was something mankind desired, but it was always temporary. Prise placed her two forefingers together and wondered what would bring her own peace, the peace of knowing that all her sisters survived.

 

End Notes:

 

A/N: Star trek TOS:

*The Immunity Syndrome

**Errand of Mercy

In the future, Star Trek VI we find that the Klingons are seeking peace with the Federation/Starfleet, and Star Trek Next Generation we find Klingons working in the Starfleet on peaceful missions. The Organians predicted their future that they would be working together.

I have a few more chapters for this story- I finding hard to think as a ship LOL.

Really need your feedback on this story!

 

Chapter 10-The Love Affair:Season 2: part 6 by Uhura the 9th
Author's Notes:

Beta writer: Jsilver2000    

 

Fun with the Klingons, Part 2

Enterprise had been alone for almost a year; Kirk was still mourning Keeler. He had avoided getting involved with women since the incident. So Prise gave her attention to Spock and Scott; they attended to all her needs and were getting the glory. It was when Prise lost her sister Constellation to the planet killer that Kirk came back to his senses.* But it came with a price; Stella was gone. Prise watched her dear sister die and it hurt a lot, but Kirk had returned to himself. She and Cygnet program recorded his triumphant return from Stella:

Decker: "You are speaking to a senior officer, Kirk."

Kirk: "Give me Spock"

Decker: "I told you I am in command here, according to every rule in the book, Captain. Anything you have to say, you will say to me!"

Kirk: "There's only one thing I want to say to you, Commodore. Get my ship out of there!"

Prise and Cygnet rejoiced that he had come back to his rightful place on the ship. She had fought for them and almost died in the hands of the madman who had risked Stella's life and was willing to take hers too. Kirk had saved her, but he couldn't save Stella, and Stella's loss had saved her. It was a great loss to Prise.

Prise lay on her chaise, mourning her sister.

Kirk approached: "I'm sorry about Constellation."

Enterprise stared out into space; she had no words. She lay still on her chaise, feeling heavy with grief.

"I've missed you," Kirk said. "I'm recovered now."

Kirk approached closer; he had truly missed her.

"You left me alone, Kirk. I lost my sister; what is there to say? Now, we both mourn."

"We can mourn together."

Prise turned to Kirk and looked at him sternly: "Kirk, go back to your throne and sit on it and look proud. But leave me be; I want to be alone. GO NOW!" Prise turned her head and looked out into space again.

"I can't go without you. I want to stay. I want us to try again."

"Leave; give me time, Kirk."

Kirk turned and headed toward the door, leaving Prise to her mourning. He was halfway to the door when he turned around and retraced his steps. He sat quietly on the edge of her chaise and didn't speak.

They sat for some time in silence.

Then she sat up and looked at Kirk. She was glad he had stayed. But their relationship was difficult to keep going. Prise was aware there would be more women. Kirk can't help himself. He is a human male; it's their nature to change their minds.

"Kirk, I want to make it clear: I will do my best to fight for you, but you must stand with me. I can't do this alone."

Kirk stood up and looked at Prise. She looked weary from the ordeal of losing her sister. He understood this. We have to be on the same page to survive in space.

"I understand you, and we will stand together! I promise."

"That is good to hear, Kirk." Prise sighed deeply. "I can't stand the Klingons; they are stupid, clumsy folks. I know we have not seen the last of them. They are like-like barnacles on my stern!"

A big smile formed on Kirk's face and he began to laugh uncontrollably. Seeing his jovial response, Enterprise laughed too.

"Yes, they can be a pain; I get that. Thanks, Enterprise, for another chance."

Enterprise and Kirk had come to terms with their relationship and would work together.


The next time Enterprise ran into a Klingon sister, it was Khlass, during the events leading to the peace agreement with the Capellans.** Just like before, she talked too much and tried to hide from Prise like a rat in the dark. Kirk was aware of Prise's opinion of the Klingons; it was nothing new. At this point, the two were really working together like a team, which made Prise feel good. For the honor of her fallen sister, she would fight.

What Prise didn't know was that the Klingons had made strange bedfellows; they had aligned with enemies to sabotage the peace, including a plan to draw Prise away from the planet. They sent Prise on a wild goose chase across the galaxy. That was their first mistake; Starfleet ships were required to assist any vessel in distress, but Scotty was a by-the-book man. The crew quickly realized that it was a ruse, but Prise was almost too late getting back to Capella IV. Prise noted that this was the second time a Klingon bird had tricked her, and she vowed that it would be the last. Prise entered the system battle-ready and with her shield and staff aimed. She was already angry at herself for her failure to recognize another trick by the Klingons. But the knowledge that she was on her own, with no sister ships to back her up, tempered her approach. Then Khlass positioned herself in front of Prise, blocking her path to Kirk.

"Are you serious? You have delayed me too long, Khlass; get out of my way!"

"I dare you to fight me, Enterprise! I've been waiting for you." Khlass pulled out a pair of long swords and tried to intimidate Prise.

Owing to Khlass's provocation, Prise's foul mood overcame her caution the fact she was persuaded from her position from Capella. She took a deep breath and screamed her battle cry.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Enterprise charged with no pity, but when she was just meters from the Klingon ship, Khlass withdrew her swords and warped out of the system. But Enterprise continued at high speed; she was needed at the planet. By the time it was all over, without a shot fired, Enterprise had learned another lesson about the Klingons: They were all posturing and bluster. Khlass didn't really want to engage her in a fight. Too bad, Prise wondered what the outcome could be.

"I can't stand them-just can't stand them! Barnacles would be better and more tolerable!" she snarled at Kirk. Kirk chuckled at her reaction.

"You should've been on the planet; the Klingon spy was worse. He couldn't hold water; he dropped like a rock. And you're right; they are all talk and they have a vendetta against us."

Kirk smiled and folded his arms across his chest: "I can't promise you that this is the last we'll see of our friends the Klingons. I have a feeling we will encounter more of them."

Enterprise took a deep breath and gave Kirk a look of disappointment and concern.


The Organian Peace Treaty was still in effect, and the relationship between Starfleet Command and the Klingon Empire was still frosty.

So when they received a distress call from Deep Space Station K-7***, Enterprise was ready for battle. Her staff was charged, her helmet was firmly on her head, and her shield glistened. When Prise came upon the station, she didn't see anything amiss, but she remembered how Klingons liked to launch sneak attacks. Prise stayed alert. She scoured the nearest planetoids and asteroids, thinking the Klingons could be hiding behind them. But the coast was clear. Prise started to relax, but she never trusted the Klingons. She remembered how Khlass had tricked her and then fled without putting up a fight during their encounter at Cappella IV.

Prise stood guard at the station, still expecting something to jump out at any moment. Then she saw something in the distance; it came closer, and wouldn't you know it, it was a Klingon battle cruiser. Kaymer came into view, slowly strolling up to the station with her weapons powered down. Prise took note of that, wondering if it was another trap. She quickly scanned her surroundings, looking for Kaymer's sister ship. Kaymer had a sinister smile on her face when she spoke: "Well, well-ready to shoot me on sight, Enterprise?"

"I was hoping for that."

The station extended a long, flat section that served as a rest area for the ships, and each of the two ships settled into a berth.

"This station is neutral territory, and I would like to rest after working so hard," Kaymer said, sitting in a chair and propping her feet on another chair. She placed her hands behind her head.

"I know, it must be hard running from battles all the time; it can make you weary," Prise said sarcastically.

"Back off b!tch! I can stay as long as I want," Kaymer hissed, clearly upset by that accusation.

"Your words do not affect me. I'm a battle cruiser when I want to be and the best in the fleet! The last time I saw your sister Khlass, she challenged me until I called her bluff, and then she ran like child screaming for her mother's tit."

Kaymer stood up and snarled at Prise: "You lie, Terran!

"What? She told you a different story-like she beat me up or something? Klingons tell great stories, but the actual events are always quite different." Prise chuckled, and smiling that infuriating Kaymer.

"One day, Enterprise, when we do meet in battle, it will be the end of you!"

"Kaymer, such hostility! And I thought you were going to be nice to me today." Prise shaking head and tisking her, then sat down and started to relax, but her attention never left Kaymer.

Prise wondered what was going on the space station, it was quiet, which is unusual when you encounter the Klingons. Prise noticed some fluffy little things sitting around her feet. Some began crawling up her chair, and then more came, resting on her armor and her lap. She didn't know what to think of them; they purred, and their sound and touch were calming. 'What are they?" Prise asked. When she looks at Kaymer, the Klingon began laughing at her.

"Earthlings and their pets are so comical. They suit you, Enterprise."

Prise wasn't laughing. They were cute, but it was annoying that they were all around her. She could barely move because she might step on one. Prise took a deep breath and huffed.

"I hear that we now own Sherman's Planet because of your little friends, Enterprise," Kaymer said, chuckling. "It is good to see you so helpless. I will remember this moment; I can hardly wait to tell my sisters of your new fuzzy friends."

"Whatever, Kaymer. Just remember this proverb: "He or she who laughs first, will look stupid in the end." Prise was smiling; she had just made it up.

"That has no meaning, and it applies to you!" Kaymer retorted with Klingon logic.

There was nothing Prise could do; Kaymer kept laughing as the tribbles continued to accumulate around her. Cuddly creatures were not Prise's realm. Fierce creatures like lions, tigers, eagles, and bears were her idea of animals to have around. After a couple of hours they all started to disappear. Prise didn't know where, but she was relieved because they had been becoming annoying.

"Well, Earthling, it is time for me to go. It's a shame we couldn't do battle today. I could take your life without thinking."

"Your sweet talk leads to nowhere, Kaymer. If anything happens, you run like a dog with its tail between its legs."

Kaymer looked infuriated at the comment: You Enterprise are soft like a Regulan blood warm, soft and cuddly like those things that were at your feet." She gave Prise a glaring look.

Prise saw something at Kaymer's feet and a deep grin formed on her face. It was 1 tribble, then 10, 30-they appeared so quickly, Kaymer didn't notice until-

"Maw' tok!"

The tribbles all started shrieking loudly and hissing all around Kaymer. Her eyes widened in disbelief. Prise swore Kaymer started sweating and hissing at the creatures. Kaymer grabbed her weapons and left the station with the tribbles following behind; as she was leaving, more tribbles materialized out of nowhere, accumulating on her weapons, shield, and body. For the first time in as long as she could remember, Prise sat down and had a good belly laugh. She didn't know what Kirk had done, but it was worth it. It felt good getting the upper hand with the Klingons.

Note to self:Keep a batch of tribbles on hand when dealing with Klingons. Prise continued to laugh about the outcome knowing that Spock, Scott and the crew were all involved in the tribbles joke.

 

End Notes:

A/N: Star Trek TOS:

*The Doomsday Machine

**Friday's Child

***The Trouble with Tribbles

Three of my favorite episodes.

 

Chapter 11-Season 3 and End of the Five Year Mission. by Uhura the 9th
Author's Notes:

Beta reader: Jsilver2000    

 

Season 3 and End of the Five Year Mission.

Platonius,"[1] Kirk thought, the infamous place which he would never forget. Where ego, pride, self-esteem, self-control, and courage were all lost in a blink of an eye. "Nothing compared to what it did to Spock and those two women. When I saw Uhura and Chapel beam down, the fear on their faces-they couldn't even speak! The Platonians took their dignity away from them!"They all needed psychological treatment; the scars would remain FOREVER! "There are times I wish I could have destroyed them, just to get them out of my mind-MY LIFE!"Kirk had been restless since their encounter with the mind-controlling people. "Parmen-that arse! What he did to Spock and Alexander, who suffered for years under his tyranny!"He couldn't forget the Platonians; they had robbed him of the joy of exploration, of his command; now Kirk needed rest from himself. But he couldn't-wouldn't allow himself to relax; his crew needed him, and Prise needed him.

Enterprise saw the worried look on Kirk's face, the frustration of not being in control had bothered him. It bothered her too. Prise was at the mercy of the Platonians; she saw the force that Platonius exerted over the crew and herself. She couldn't act under their telepathic power or strike at them; she couldn't even raise her shields. She was powerless, like Kirk, and couldn't save the crew from the Platonians.

But time passed. Kirk slowly came back to himself, to her. When Kirk approached her, he looked different-he looked happy-as if he were in love. "Who is it this time?"Prise thought to herself. Prise had given up counting the number of times Kirk had fallen for a woman. But this time it was different.

Prise and Kirk were walking along the perimeter of space and time, sharing their accounts of events when Kirk blurted out, "I'm attracted to someone on the ship." Prise stopped in her tracks; Kirk had in the past been attracted to several female crew members.

"There's something about her; I never paid her any attention. But I know most of the men on the ship have fallen for her hypnotic charm and disposition. I know Scotty desired her for a while, but she never entertained him. I know Chekov would follow her around like a puppy dog." Kirk was chuckling at the Tribble incident.

"Who are you referring to, Kirk?"

"I only kissed her once, but it was a forced kiss. After I dealt with the Platonians, I wondered if we could have a meaningful relationship."

"KIRK!":Prise said with gritted teeth.

"Uhura-Lieutenant Nyota Uhura. I didn't know she was there all the time. I just saw her as one of the crew, but recently? I want to see more of her and get to truly know the person she is. I find her quite beautiful," Kirk said dreamily.

Prise had a shocked look on her face, which slowly turned to anger and resentment. She folded her arms and stood firm.

"Kirk, she is off-limits to you!"

Kirk looked at Prise in disbelief and asked,

"Why? Because of all the other women before her? I think I can have a meaningful relationship with her; I might even marry her!"

"Not happening, Kirk; she is not for you."

"What makes you say that? I'm not good enough? Or you think it would affect my commitment to you? We could work together on the ship. She can work with us, be a part of us-so I won't be alone all the time."

Prise looked at Kirk in puzzlement: "Fame and glory not all it's cracked up to be, Kirk?"

"It could work if I were given a chance. The woman is intelligent and sexy as hell. I just couldn't look at her that way before; I was new as a captain. Uhura is a fine woman; any man would be excited to have her working by their side. Why are you so against it?"

Prise continued walking. She knew the answer, but Kirk wouldn't like it.

"Enterprise, I'm asking why?"

Prise turned sharply toward Kirk, her dress/robe swirling with the motion. Her face was stern: "Do you really want to know, Kirk? If I tell you, you might not like my answer."

"You don't want to share me with another woman-that's it, right?" Kirk asked, searching Prise's face for confirmation.

Prise shook her head slowly at his response. "Just remember you came to me, Kirk. I've been serving captains for centuries-CENTURIES! Men of your kind generally all come to the same end. I fear for you, Kirk. You sold your soul for your captainship-that's why only you can see me."

"I fear that he will die alone like so many others before him,"Prise thought. "It's the price they pay."

"It's only normal that men like you seek companionship."

"You're avoiding the question; what gives, Prise?"

"Okay, Kirk, you win-you often state that you don't believe in a no-win scenario. Why do you think Uhura never dated anyone on the ship? Have you ever wondered? You stated that she is a desirable woman."

Kirk kept pace with Enterprise and started to reflect on her statement. He stopped: "She likes someone! Who? I've never seen anyone around her besides the bridge crew; she treats everyone the same."

"Drop it, Kirk! I don't want you to interfere with them; I like them together. So does Cygnet; she thinks they are cute together," Prise said, giving the biggest hint ever and the biggest smile.

Kirk mulled over that statement, "Even Cygnet, the computer program, sees them as a match."

Kirk turned to Prise with a shocked look on his face: "The computer!? You mean SPOCK? She's attracted to Spock, my first officer? How did that happen?"

"It's been years in the making, Kirk. It's Spock's nature to be shy and aloof. They are a match. Cygnet would report to me their interactions through Nyota's journals. is the only female besides Number One[2] that I find acceptable as a worthy of my attention. Uhura understands my purpose, and Spock has desired her for some time. You see, Kirk, you have me and won't share me with anybody, including Spock or Scotty. You have often mentioned that Spock always wanted me, but what you failed to understand is that Spock was always alone. You have challenged Spock about wanting to take your command; what you don't understand, Kirk, is that Spock could have had me any time before you took your captainship. He turned it down-he turned ME down, Kirk! He was the most experienced officer and a logical choice. So no, Kirk; I will let not you interfere with them. They deserve their happiness."

At first, Kirk felt hurt; he even sulked, thinking about it: Spock and Uhura. He couldn't help his attraction to Nyota; he could play his hand and make her fall for him. "I always get what I want when I'm determined,"Kirk thought. He tried to imagine Spock and Uhura together, but jealousy started to sneak in.

"She could love me if I tried!"

"You could work your charm, Kirk. You might even be able to draw her away from him. Then what would you have? Your best friend alone and suffering. Is that what a friend would do? Really?" Prise could see the determination on his face; she knew him well enough to know that he would choose wisely, even it if hurt.

"My voice is final. You think about it, Kirk. I'm getting something to drink." Enterprise gave one last glance and walked off into the distance to leave Kirk alone with his thoughts.

Kirk walked quietly by himself, reflecting on what Enterprise had said. The long, lonely nights came to him; could he love Nyota? He had imagined her working side by side with him. He had dreamt of a life of love, years of-marriage. Could he do it? He saw her deep brown eyes, fluttering in his dreams, her laughter, and her curvy body swaying. Who wouldn't be attracted to that woman? Then there was Spock, his best friend: I had no idea that he was attracted to Nyota!"

Then he would try to see where Spock fit in; he did remember some times when Spock would linger around Uhura's station, standing close to her as she glided her hands across her console. Matter of fact, he was often near her when the Enterprise was tossed around by external forces. He's always the first to help her up. Have I been outplayed by the Vulcan? I will watch those two more closely, now that I know there are feelings between them."Kirk thought.

Weeks later, Kirk tried to approach Nyota, trying to win her heart and her attention. But she kept her demeanor professional at all times. Kirk tried to strike up a conversation about the Platonians, but that upset her, and she drifted further from him. But Spock would just stare at her, and she would return his gaze with a hint of a smile. All Kirk had was the one forced kiss; he longed to taste her again. Kirk found himself competing for Nyota's attention and affections with Spock. Then one day he found them in the rec room playing their Vulcan harps, Kirk observed them lingering in the distance. They played well together, and the crew applauded them. Then he saw it: Nyota gave Spock that secret look, the one he'd been watching for. There was no longer any doubt; she was in love with the Vulcan. Kirk walked away defeated, finally understanding that being a starship captain is a lonely life and he would have to accept it.

When he met Enterprise again, she stood with her hands on her hips, again looking him in the eye with no humor in her expression. "I told you to leave them alone; now I have to get nasty with you."

"You don't have to worry, Prise. I saw it-I saw enough to know when I am beaten," Kirk said somberly.

Prise's demeanor changed to empathy: "Don't worry, Kirk; you'll be chasing another skirt soon."

"Oh-kay. If you are trying to cheer me up, you're doing a bad job."

"Kirk, you have it all! You have what most men dream of. You reached your position as captain in record time-you're the youngest captain in the fleet. Men envy you and clamor to serve with you. Your enemies tremble at your feet. Those barnacle Klingons plot to dethrone you-they sing your name in their drinking debauchery. And the Romulans can't even figure you out; they just think of you as a trophy to bring home. I have brought you the glory that you wished from the beginning-your name, 'James T. Kirk', is a household name. You are recognized everywhere; you, Kirk, are a legend among the stars!" Enterprise stretched out one of her arms as if to encompass the universe.

Kirk did desire all that in the beginning, but now that almost five years had passed, his desires seemed a little different.

"Kirk, you are in line to move up in rank in Starfleet. I have placed you above all men; our names together will symbolize strength and pride." Prise's eyes burned with fire as she reconfirmed Kirk's quest for greatness. Enterprise strolled toward her weapons and lifted them high in victory, celebrating the adventures they had shared.

"I am honored, Kirk, to serve you as well as your predecessors. Do you know how this feels? I remember when I served Captain Aubrey during the 18th century; I was a British frigate then. The man loved the sea, the wind in my sails. Aubrey would often stand on the bow looking toward the horizon. The sea gave him peace. We fought many great battles-we LIVED, Kirk! You should look up the old sailing ships and try to imagine what those captains felt."

"Wow! How does that resolve my situation with Nyota?"

Enterprise smirked at him: "Kirk, some of those men had families; you too will have a woman to go home to someday; I promise you that. Now go bless your friends, unite them, and give them hope."


By the time their five-year mission came to an end, Kirk had developed meaningful relationships with crew members besides McCoy and Spock. The bridge crew had formed a bond, a family. The bridge crew were aware of how much their Captain loved his ship, but they also understood Kirk's willingness to sacrifice his life for theirs-there was a mutual trust and commitment, each knowing that they would lay their lives down for one another. Kirk had found one of his families-his loyal crew. Kirk had mellowed and now trusted them with his ship, his Enterprise-so much that he invited the crew into the world he shared with Prise. They strolled into Enterprise space-she hadn't expected it; it surprised her and overwhelmed her. She stood in front of the people who had served her for the past five years.

"Kirk, explain this!" Kirk stepped forward.

"Enterprise, I couldn't just stand by and keep all this glory to myself. My crew has more commitment and dedication than any other captain has ever benefited from. Because of them, we have become the best starship in the fleet. Without them, there is no us. We are now a-family."

The first was Montgomery Scott; he stood at attention and looked shocked: "Aye, just as I imagined her, a bonnie lass indeed."

He walked around Enterprise, inspecting her like a prized trophy. Prise, following his gaze, found it a bit weird. But Scotty had always talked to her as his girlfriend, which Prise had found quite funny. If Kirk wasn't talking to her, she could count on Scotty; he would say endearing things that made Prise feel strong and more real to them.

"It is an honor to meetcha, lass, after all these years of servin' ya."

"The honor is mine, Mr. Scott. You have kept me alive and nursed me back to health so many times. I am grateful for your service. I greatly appreciate how you have enhanced my speed and maneuverability; you have given Kirk the support he needed to succeed."

Enterprise smiled slyly at Scotty: "And I loved the way you beat the sh** out of the Klingons on Deep Space Station K7.[3] I can't stand them! I told Kirk that the Klingons are like barnacles on my stern."

Scotty broke out in hearty laughter at the statement: "Aye, lass! Indeed, they are barnacles on anyone's stern!"

Next was Hikaru Sulu; he would often talk to Enterprise when he was steering her through space. He had developed an intuitive understanding of how Enterprise would respond in any situation, quickly or slowly. Through her response he could tell that Enterprise trusted him with the helm. Sulu's eyes widened as he took in Enterprise's height and stature. He was speechless; he just stared.

Enterprise looked at the young man and smiled: "Welcome to our space, Sulu. Your guidance has been much needed; I admire how quickly you respond to situations."

Sulu replied: "I just never imagined that I would be meeting you; I mean, you are the embodiment of the greatest vessel in the fleet."

"Sulu, you and the others made me great. I have other sisters that serve under great commanders. But you have the know-how to maneuver with the greatest efficiency."

Enterprise turned next to Pavel Chekov, the youngest member of the family. "Thank you, as well, Chekov; your knowledge has grown since your arrival. You have learned much about navigation in your time here, and your experience is duly noted."

Chekov spoke haltingly: "Thank you, miss-I mean Enterprise-Ms. Enterprise. Ya poteryal slova [I am lost for words].

Then Doctor Leonard McCoy approached Prise, looking skeptical: "I believe it's about time I met you, Enterprise. Madame, you have given me a helluva headache on several occasions when it came to Jimboy over there."

"I know. Kirk is a handful and can be stubborn at times. He has a tendency to place me in awkward situations. I thank you for giving him balance in critical situations-and for keeping him alive when we nearly lost him several times."

"He's always worried about you, Enterprise. At one point I thought he needed a psych ward when he thought he would lose you. Now I see why-you're a beautiful woman."

"It's true that you are a Southern charmer, Doctor," Enterprise said with a subtle smile.

Enterprise smiled warmly when S'chn T'gai Spock and Nyota Uhura approached her. She saw the love they projected; they had announced their marriage recently. Prise felt proud that they were going to make a life together. She had watched for decades as Spock suffered and saw how he longed to form a relationship with the communication officer. Now seeing them happy touched her deeply: "I have someone who would like to meet the two of you."

Spock and Nyota looked at each other and then back at Kirk. From behind Enterprise, a woman came forth in a Starfleet uniform, her hair in a tight bun. Her face was expressionless. She stood next to Enterprise with a Padd in her hand.

"This is Cygnet 14, the personification of the ship's computer. She has admired both of you for so long. She has monitored your activities, and she knows almost everything about you. Your programs have enhanced her abilities."

"Yes, I am honored to serve you both," Cygnet said. Your computer science expertise has enhanced my performance in crises. I can produce accurate data for you to present. Commander Spock, I admire your ability to challenge me in tridimensional chess; you have expanded my capacity," Cygnet said, bowing her head. She then stepped back next to Enterprise.

Enterprise looked at Spock and chuckled:[4] "You embarrassed her once when we were sling-shot into our past, where some how altered her programs and she spoke very provocatively to the crew."

Cygnet bowed her head in embarrassment and moved shyly behind Enterprise.

"Commander, I am grateful for your logical approach to the survival of Kirk and me. I have relied on your logical choices. But I am mainly grateful for your loyalty toward Kirk; he has shared over the years your dedication to him and me. I am honored. I have observed for many years your devotion to Uhura, and I am relieved that you two have united in matrimony. You could say, 'It was written in the stars' for the both of you."

Then Enterprise turned to Nyota: "Because of you, I knew the intentions of the Romulans and the Klingons. Without your translations, I would have had trouble understanding and appraising them. You gave me the edge I needed for Kirk and I to make effective decisions."

Cygnet stepped forward: "Ms. Uhura, you have graced us with your presence and your singing, something that I have enjoyed. Your voice carried throughout the ship, which had a calming effect on Enterprise and me. Thank you."

"I had no idea that I had an effect on anything," Nyota said.

"Aww, Ms. Uhura, your knowledge of navigation and computer science kept me from danger; we both honor you as well," Enterprise added.

Spock and Uhura joined their fingers in the ozh'esta after hearing the compliments and expressions of gratitude.

Enterprise was overwhelmed with emotion. She dropped her shield and staff; she and Cygnet each knelt on one knee before the crew. Besides her sister ships, Enterprise now had another family: Kirk and his crew encircled them-the super seven of the USS Enterprise were born.

As the years continued the super seven demonstrated their loyalty to Enterprise and each other. They became legends in Starfleet and the galaxy.

The End-But not the end of the super 7

 

End Notes:

A/N:
[1] Star Trek TOS: Plato's stepchildren.
[2] Star Trek TOS: The Menagerie Parts 1 & 2.
[3] Star Trek TOS: The Trouble with Tribbles-This one is my number one episode to the point I bought the "Making of The Trouble with Tribbles" book and read the script. I drove my family crazy reciting the lines. LOL!
[4] Star Trek TOS: Tomorrow Is Yesterday-This is one of my top ten favorite episodes.    

This story archived at https://www.valentchamber.com/viewstory.php?sid=3907