It Is Yours by Sade
Summary:

 

A Special Thank You to TokenBlackGirl for the AMAZING banner.

After being hired as the executive assistant to one of the youngest most influential and sexy corporate raiders of the 21st century Kenya Price comes face to face with her destiny.

 

Kenya is a mild mannered 22 year old thick sista with a beautiful soul and a caring spirit. Though her ultimate goal is to go back to university and earn a Degree in Childhood Education to become an Elementary school teacher, she takes the job working at the Roswell Corporation so she can save and finish off her schooling. Her motto is "Love can heal all wounds."

 

Grant Abraham Roswell III is a man that prides himself on a being a level headed, hardworking, no nonsense go getter. At the age of 24 he is a MIT graduate with more money than he could spend in a lifetime, he parties with rock stars, sleeps with models and feels that life cant get any better than that.His moto in life is "Who needs happiness when you have Money and Power?"

 

When Kenya enters his life and shows him there is more to life. Will he trust in Love or Will he let society take love away from him?


Categories: Original Fiction Characters: None
Classification: General
Genre: Comedy , Friendship, Romance
Story Status: None
Pairings: None
Warnings: Adult Situations, Extreme Language, Fluff, Original Characters, Racism, Strong Sexual Content , Work in Progress
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 19 Completed: No Word count: 20252 Read: 76159 Published: May 29 2009 Updated: April 29 2013
Story Notes:

Hope you Enjoy my first Story. hopefully it will be the first of many to come~

1. Chapter 1 by Sade

2. Chapter 2 by Sade

3. Chapter 3 by Sade

4. Chapter 4 by Sade

5. Chapter 5 by Sade

6. Chapter 6 by Sade

7. Chapter 7 by Sade

8. Chapter 8 by Sade

9. Chapter 9 by Sade

10. Chapter 10 by Sade

11. Chapter 11 by Sade

12. Chapter 12 by Sade

13. Chapter 13 by Sade

14. Chapter 14 by Sade

15. Chapter 15 by Sade

16. Chapter 16 by Sade

17. Chapter 17 by Sade

18. Chapter 18 by Sade

19. Chapter 19 by Sade

Chapter 1 by Sade
Author's Notes:
Hope you Enjoy!
    

Kenya walks onto the bottom floor of Roswell towers wearing her favorite white blouse and tan pant suit with the pearls her grandmother gave to her upon her graduation from highschool, matching earrings, her most comfortable pair of black pumps and her hair pinned up in a bun. Walking up to the gound floor receptionist

"Hello Im here for an Interview with Mister Roswell?" looking up from the computer the receptionist points to the elevator "take it to the 15th floor once you exit take a right and walk down the hall I will buzz Mr.Roswell's secretary and let her know youre here."

Smiling greatfully Kenya steps onto the elevator with a blonde female that looked like she just stepped off a runway. wearing prada from head to toe and looking like she was on a mission.

Standing in the elevator tapping her foot impatiently and waiting for the doors to open the silence deafening "Hello my name is Kenya..." The blonde looks over, a sneer on her face "...and your point is?" Praying for the elevator to speed up Kenya smiles as she hears the doors open then stepping onto the fifteenth floor and gasping as she looks around taking in the large windows and the beautiful sculptures and paintings in the hall along the walls.

"Hello Im Kenya and im here for the interview with Mr.Roswell" the receptionist smiles telling her to have a seat because Mr.Roswell was busy. She asks if Kenya wanted any refreshments while she waited "No thank you" Kenya says then she begins reading through the latest O magazine.

Thirty minutes later just as she was getting into an article about french bull dogs the office door opens and the blonde steps out pulling her skirt down turning and smiling at who ever was on the other side of the door "Grantie poo we have to do this again sometime..." The blonde purrs licking her lips then walking away hips swinging.

"Grant Your 12 oclock is here..." Kenya's ears perk up as he replys "Thank you Shelly send her in" She stands up from the comfortable chair walking quickly into the large office, coming to a screeching halt as she looks behind the desk coming face to face with the Finest most delicious looking man she had ever laid eyes on.

Feeling slightly paralized she stares before remembering her manners and offering her hand "Hello Im Kenya Price" he stares at her his blue eyes unblinking seemingly staring into her soul then he shakes her hand "Grant Roswell, you may sit" he watches her, his eyes taking in every detail as she sits crossing her legs at the ankles and tucking them under the chair her hands in her lap waiting for him to begin the interview.

After what seemed like a lifetime and six million questions later Grant sat back in his chair thinking for a moment then clearing his throat "Kenya you got the job..your resume is impressive and every question and scenario I threw at you, you had great answers for...welcome to Roswell Industeries."

Eyes wide Kenya jumps up screaming forgetting where she was for a moment. Shocked at her joyous outburst she stops quickly calms down and stares at Grant then sits down again reaching out and shaking his hand "Thank you Mr.Roswell."

At her outburst Grants mouth falls open looking at her face which had completely transformed. His initial reaction to Kenya`s appearance threw him off she wasnt a thin Model that was for sure but she was a classic ebony beauty and she was a pretty woman in a good girl nextdoor kinda way but when she smiled wow her face lit up and she made him want to smile along with her but Grant Roswell was a leader not a follower so he masked his reaction and just watched her.

Kenya looks away from him becomming flustered under his watchful eyes. "Thank you again Mr.Roswell" Grant puts his hand up stopping her "Its Grant, Mr.Roswell is my father" she nods "Thank you...Grant" hearing his name coming from her mouth made him shudder slightly he couldnt think of a time when just hearing his name made him want to sleep with a woman but there is a first for everything...

 

 

End Notes:
Please Review~
Chapter 2 by Sade
Author's Notes:

Close Call. Enjoy!

 

After getting home after the job interview Kenya got on her knees and prayed to her god, giving him thanks and praise. Not only did she land the job, the pay was even better than she thought she already spent the money in her mind. her rent, utility bills, sending her parents a little money to help them out and school.

It was Thursday and her first day of work, for some reason she had been thinking of her Boss in a very non professional way since she met him the day before and last night there was this particularly X-rated Dream where Grant put his mouth on her...*Ding* the elevator signals that she was on the fifteenth floor before she could continue that train of thought.

It was 6:30am and she was early, call it a habit but her parents always told her "if you're on time for anything you're late, always go early" so there she was 30 minutes early. Yesterday they had gone over the tasks that were expected of her and they gave her a manual which she read last night. She was basically a glorified secretary that was also a part time slave some her duties included picking up his laundry, *thank god they paid for gas and gave her a company car..what was gas these day's $15.00 a gallon* and making sure he got to all his appointments on time and making sure he was debriefed on any and all meetings, conferences and appointments

Not thinking anyone would be in for a while she begins setting up her office when about 15 minutes later she hears a throat being cleared behind her, she jumps "Ahh." Seeing Grant looking very yummy in a charcoal Armani Suit and pink shirt with white loafers a smirk on his face.

Composing herself "Good morning Mr.Roswell.. I mean Grant" Grant was admiring her curves for quite some time before making his presence known. Grant was surprised at his attraction to Kenya he loved all women he had dated all races so he couldn't really say he had a type so why the hell was his reaction to Kenya throwing him off.

She had him thinking of christening all the surfaces in the whole Roswell building with various parts of her body..*Earth to Grant his mind was calling him back to the real world* Looking at Kenya again he cleared his throat "You're early, good I have a list of tasks that need to be done, first I need some flowers sent out..here is the name and address write something tasteful but not to sappy like last night was great - Grant..you know."

At this point Kenya has taken out a legal pad writing notes and already finding the number of a local florist. Grant riddles off 20 tasks and she had most of them done in her mind after he stopped talking "Will that be all?" she asks looking up he nods just watching her zone out into her own little world...She is finishing the files he asked for, scheduling his appointments and ordering the flowers, dismissing him what the hell nobody dismisses Grant Roswell, feeling slightly foolish for just standing in the door way staring at her he walks away entering his office and closing the door tine to get down to some business.

Hours later after Kenya had finished the tasks he gave her for the morning and most of the filing that his last mistake I mean assistant misfiled she was ready to take her lunch. "Grant is there anything else you need before I go" Grant looks up from the file in his hands "..I want you.." he says taking a pause and sliding the glasses off his nose before continuing "...to find me the Hanson file."

"..I want you" At those words Kenya's Mouth fell open she knew there were more coming but those words made her mind wonder which wasn't a good thing he was her boss.."Check those Cabinets cover there" he points to the far left of the room.

Walking over and checking the top Cabinets and not finding the file then bending over and checking the ones at the bottom. *Oh fuck* where the only words running through Grants mind when Kenya bent her sexy ass over. He hardened instantly when she walked into the room wearing a simple black wrap around dress it would have looked simple on most women but her curves fit it to the tee the cleavage was amazing, but what he was packing at this moment would rival a stud horse this was embarrassing he was acting like a 16 year old teenager "Kenya.." the words left his lips before he could stop them.."I found them" she smiled holding the folder up triumphantly. Grimacing slightly shifting to alleviate some the of the pressure on his dick Grant reaches out and takes the file calming himself enough not to reach over and pull her on the desk and fuck her brains out.

"Grant may I organize your cabinets, it would save us allot of time having to find things in places they shouldn't be, Ill take my lunch after In done if its okay with you" Grants eyes widen for a moment was she making work for herself who the hell asked if they could do more work? not letting him reply she walks back to the cabinets organizing the files and tidying up the documents. getting up for a stretch Grant walks over to Kenya standing close and hearing her humming what sounded like amazing grace. it was nice and she was almost done filing this woman is amazing he thought to himself "Great Job" he says Kenya oblivious to him being so close screams and jumps tossing the file in her hand into the air the papers flying all over.

Not wanting to laugh and be caught by her Grant turns away laughing under his breath "I can hear you laughing, you meant to do that" Kenya begins picking up the papers on off the floor "I'm sorry I didn't expect you to scream that loud, you're vocal I like that" oh fuck where did those words come from "Only when someone scares me half to death" Kenya reaches for a page just as grant does their hands meeting.

Looking up as his head is coming down towards hers their lips almost touching "Grantie Bear I'm here for you to take me to lunch." Looking at the door Kenya sees the blonde from Yesterday.

End Notes:

Please Review~ the more I get the more inclined I am to keep going!

Chapter 3 by Sade
Author's Notes:

Melissa's Revelation. Hope you enjoy

 

Grant couldn't believe his bad luck. After Melissa interrupted the moment he was having with Kenya he was so pissed. Kenya seemed to snap out of the trance she was in so when Melissa came into the room Kenya bolted, mentioning something about going to lunch.

Melissa was shocked when walking into Grants office. Seeing him about to kiss that new girl made her blood boil. So they weren't officially dating it was really just an arrangement of sex, sex and more damn good sex, she wanted to take their little...relationship to the next level but he would distract her when ever she began talking about more commitment.

"Melissa, what brings you here?" Grant sits behind his desk watching her paste a fake smile on her face knowing she saw the  kiss that  almost happened and would have happened if she didn't interrupt.

"I missed you and I thought you could treat me to lunch and we could.." Grant shakes his head "Melissa we aren't a couple you know that, we dont do lunch. I would like to talk to you about our little arrangement" Melissa smiles thinking he is going to ask her to take the next step in their relationship. "I dont think we should continue anymore."

For months now Grant had been thinking of stopping and found that there was no better time than this to break it off besides he needed to figure out Kenya and what was going on with them...but that was a different story.

To say Melissa's reaction was priceless was an understatement her face slipped almost like she was wearing a mask she became an ugly dog faced creature."What the hell did you just say Grant, Ill give you a chance to say you were joking, you must be joking...We have been together for 2 years and now I'm not good enough for you, What the fuck.." Grant had never seen this side of Melissa, she was usually a bitch but this was a hell of a lot scarier she went from 0 to crazy in 3 seconds that was some kind of record.

Grant sighed he knew from the start that Melissa was a drama queen but when she moved to strike him he held her hand,"Melissa I dont hit women and I damn sure wont have one hitting me, You knew this was coming you honestly didn't think we would be together forever did you?" Melissa actually planned to get pregnant and trap Grant but with this happening her plan didn't seem to be going well.

"Its that black bitch isn't it? you're fucking her aren't you?" Grant knew Kenya would be brought into the conversation but hearing the venom in Melissa's voice made him angry. "Dont you ever call her that. Her name is Kenya and she has nothing to do with this" Melissa rolls her eyes "Kenya is it, go fuck yourself Grant I saw that little THING between the two of you. If I didn't walk in you would be fucking her right now." Grant loved the sound of that, a mental image popping into his head of Kenya bent over his desk with him deep inside her, making him smile. "What about my father, what am I going to tell him" Melissa's father was an Investment banker, and the one that picked Grant as her mark he had fallen on bad times making some bad investments with money that wasn't his and planned to get his daughter to give him access to Grants accounts.

"I'm sure Howard wouldn't have any problems finding that 200 million he owes his investors or better yet telling them how he lost all their money, oh you didn't think I knew did you.." Melissa was speechless, if he knew that it meant the whole time they were together he was playing her, fucking hell now she was screwed and had to come up with a better plan before dealing with Grant.

"When that fat bitch finds out you're nothing but a cunning bastard she will do what's best and get the hell away from you, mark my words Grant when you fuck up...and you will....when she sees through your bullshit she will run for the hills." Turning on her heel she storms away.

 

End Notes:
Please review.
Chapter 4 by Sade
Author's Notes:
Sorry for the wait, work has been a little crazy this week. I hope you enjoy.

Kenya couldn't believe she had just came so close to kissing her boss, that was her first mistake the second was almost being caught.

She was certain from her first day at Roswell Industries that Grant and the blonde had a "thing" going on, and from the look she was given while walking out of the room she was now 100% sure of that fact.

Sitting in her office for fifteen minutes or so after the near kiss with Grant, she takes out her packed lunch of leftovers which included all of her favorites: Rice and peas, Roasted chicken, coleslaw and sweet potatoes.

Taking her lunch down to the Roswell cafeteria was interesting. The lunch room as they called it was beautiful, Huge white Greek pillars surrounded the room which was painted dark Brown with lights mounted on the walls and the art work was breathtaking.

There was no one in the cafeteria seeing that she took a late lunch, which was fine with Kenya. She didn't really want company after the little incident with Grant, She just wanted some time to think.

After putting her food into a microwave Kenya smiles Finding a table closest to the window where she can eat and look out over the city. The first fork full was pure bliss and she moans unconsciously.

Grant walked into the Cafeteria stopping in his tracks after hearing the most wonderful sound he had ever heard in his life. Kenya moans were music to his ears.

Feeling like a peeping Tom but not giving a damn, Grant hides behind one of the pillars peeking over at her. He would give anything to be that fork right now. This was not right she was his employee he did not mix business with pleasure but he was making an exception for Kenya.

Oblivious to his eyes on her Kenya licks her lips after finishing off her lunch, sighing and looking out the window at the city loving how small it looked from where she sat.

When Kenya licked her lips, Grant felt the need to run over and ask if they tasted as good as the looked. Adjusting his erection just so he could walk Grant takes a few deep breaths before walking to where she sat.

"Kenya about earlier.." Looking up knowing what he was going to say she shook her head "..I'm sorry Mister Roswell I know it was a mistake, tell your girlfriend it will never happen again..."

Grant wanted to laugh out loud "never happen again" she was crazy if she actually believed a word she was saying.

"First of all I told you to call me Grant none of that Mister Roswell stuff and Kenya that was not a mistake..We both knew what we were doing and we both wanted it if Melissa hadn't interrupted how knows what we would have been doing, and she was not my girlfriend we were more like..Fuck buddies, that arrangement ended today."

Kenya's stomach did a flip flop, "I'm sorry I just assumed.." she rambles on Grant just listens as she goes on to tell him about their first meeting and seeing Melissa's state after walking into his office an assuming that they were a couple. "..I just thought because you were successful and handsome that you would be taken"

She didn't even notice what she said until Grant perks up. "You think him handsome?" she looks up at him eyes wide like a deer caught in the headlights.

"I-I yes." stumbling over her words she looks away after answering.

Grant sat across from her using his hand and lifting her chin her eyes rising to his face she gives her his brightest smile. "Kenya I really like you, I think from the moment you walked into my office I found you to be someone that was easy to talk to, very loyal, smart and someone that actually listened, those are admirable traits but on top of all that you are a beautiful woman."

Kenya couldn't think, she couldn't breath as Grant leaned over the table their faces moving closer and closer as if being pulled by a magnet. When their lips met Kenya closed her eyes feeling as though she was floating, her mouth opens and Grant takes the invitation deepening the kiss. After a few moments of their passionate kiss Grant pulls away. If only he had gills he would be able to kiss her without needing to breath through his mouth. "Your lips taste better than they look."

End Notes:

Please review.

Chapter 5 by Sade
Author's Notes:
The Date

 

 

 

Kenya was on cloud nine for the rest of the week after the kiss. They didn't have a chance to talk because Grant had an emergency with one of the software companies in London which meant he was away on business for the next two weeks.

Kenya was busy cleaning up the mess the last assistant left. Many of the accounts were sloppily done and she was having a hard time figuring out how the person could read their own handwriting, it was chicken scratch.

For the first week Grant was away, she spent her days rewriting contracts and filing them, finishing up the half-assed work from years back and making sure all his calls were returned, scheduling  and rescheduling his appointments.

Grant was not happy, just when things were beginning to go somewhere with Kenya he had to go away on business. The kiss was amazing he wanted more but lunch was over and she wouldn't take a moment more lunch time than the other employee's.

He called in everyday to check up on her and only heard great things. His associates loved her, his secretary fawned about her work ethic and how helpful she was. Grant had to admit his last executive assistant was just a hot chick with big tits, an easy lay but dumb as a sack of rocks at one point he had to do the filing himself which was  when he knew it was time for him to find a more reliable assistant.

By the second week Grant was going insane he didn't want to call her at work and remembered that she gave him her home number just incase he needed something while she was at home. looking around the hotel room for the phone and settling on the bed he calls her.

Picking up on the first ring Kenya is shocked at the voice on the other end of the phone. "Hello Kenya speaking" just hearing her voice made Grant happy.

"Hey Kenya its Grant"

She calmed her self enough to ask "Is there something that you'd like Grant? I thought I sent the Jordan file to you as you requested." 

"I just wanted to talk about the kiss and ask if you would like to go out sometime, Ill be back in a few days and was wondering if you wanted to get together?"

"Grant we work together and as much as I would want to go out with you you're my boss, I-I don't know."

"We can just go out as friends, no harm in that?" haha fat chance just being friends with her wouldn't be enough but it was a start.

"Okay, Ill see you when you get back." Kenya wanted to tell him she missed him.

"See you then, I miss you too" Grant says before hanging up.

He would be home in a few hours. Grant was happy the trip was over. He wanted to get back to his office and be able to see Kenya.

Kenya knew Grant would be home today and was a little worried he would change his mind about their "date" it had been a long time since she had been out, between her school and family she really never had a chance to go anywhere or do anything.

Grant walked into the office 30 minutes before it was time for Kenya to get off from work, peeking into her office he sees her writing on a legal pad then putting the pen lid on her chin in deep thought. Clearing his throat he smiles as she looks up eyes sparkling.

"Good afternoon Grant, how was your trip?" He sits in the chair infront of her desk.

"It went well, took longer than I thought it would, but I'm glad to be back."

"I'm glad you're back as well, Its been an interesting two weeks."

"I'm sure, I have been hearing nothing but great things from everyone about your work."

Kenya blushes attempting to hide her face, making Grant laugh *she is so cute* Grant stands walking behind the desk stepping behind her chair leaning down and breathing on her neck sending chills down her spine. "So when are we going on your date?"

Grant turns her around in the chair so he could look into her eyes. "When ever you'd like? I haven't seen a movie in forever..oh my gosh and there is that new fast and furious movie out..." She smiles her eyes lighting up, her face open and honest.

Grant was thinking something more intimate but he loved that she liked the simple things in life. His other dates wanted elaborate first dates. He remembered flying one of his dates to Florida for dinner, Kenya was nothing like his normal "type" and he really liked that about her.

"Dinner and a movie it is! how about Sunday afternoon" she frowns slightly "I go to church on Sunday" Grant looks at her shocked then he thinks to himself he shouldn't be Kenya was an enigma.

"Next Saturday? I have plans with my brother this Saturday."

"Okay sounds great" She smiles as he turns walking to the door standing there he looks back at her "You look very sexy standing there, One of my fantasies involved the very chair you're sitting in and the desk infront of you."

Blushing she shakes her head at him as he exits her office laughing.

On Saturday Kenya spent time with her cousin Tracy, telling her about Grant and the way she felt when she was near him, Tracy listened and told to trust herself and do what she felt was right..On Sunday she spent the day at church and the evening with her family at their weekly barbeque.

Grant Spent the weekend with his older brother Brandon. They spent most of their time playing games, eating and catching up on each others lives, seeing that Brandon was usually busy with his practice and usually worked from sun up to sun down they had allot to talk about.

The week flew by for Grant and Kenya. Grant had meeting after meeting loving that Kenya had made notes of each person he was to see and what they were about,doing research of each company and giving him the information he needed, she was a great addition to his company and his life.

They spoke every night on the phone, getting to know each other and he was enjoyed finding out about her. Like that fact that sometimes when she was talking and he would disagree she made a little sound, when he asked her about it she called it sucking her teeth, he found it cute. She loved Action movies, comics and told him about her love of teaching and volunteer at the children's hospital. she was modest and humble not liking to take credit or be in the spotlight. His business partners loved her and she remembered everyone she met by name he loved that she took the time to greet everyone passed giving them her beautiful smile.

She learned that Grant was the youngest of  three children. He loved spicy food, football and animals, he was very open about his life answering all of her questions and telling her about his childhood, She loved that he was so comfortable with her, making her feel like she knew him her whole life.

On the day of their date Kenya wore a white T-shirt and black skinny jeans with sandals. This would be the first time they met outside of work and she was slightly nervous. Grant showed up 10 minutes early wearing a blue polo shirt and jeans with converse shoes, she didn't expect that.

Grant was a perfect gentleman opening her door and making sure she was inside before closing it and running to the drivers side and getting in he looks at her "You look even more beautiful out of your work clothes." she smiles "Thank you, I didn't expect to see you in converse shoes" Grant winks.."I have many surprises up my sleeves."

Getting to the movie theater they stand in line to get tickets and she asks if he wanted anything from the concession he tells her a popcorn and drink thinking she would wait on the line for him to pay she goes off to the concession and just when he went to find her to pay she meets him her hands filled with their snacks. This was another first a women actually paying for something when out with him. She was very special.

The movie was awesome, they both laughed and she jumped at the few death scenes hiding her face between her fingers. He loved that she wasn't afraid to eat infront of him, like when he saw her take out a bag of maltteasers popping one into her mouth and sighing her eyes closing. "You should try these, cant watch a movie without maltteasers." He had to admit they were really good, and when he went back for more she gave him a look telling him simply to get his own, laughing at the look on his face then handing him the bag.

All in all the night went great, dropping her off at her home he smiled as she turned to him as the reached her door, blushing like a teenager on their first date. "Tonight was great, thank you...I really enjoyed myself."Stepping closer to her he kisses her lips softly "I had a great time tonight Kenya, and would love to do it again." she nods , feeling speechless..he watches her open her door and then turns walking to his car...he had to admit that was the best date he had ever been on, he planned to do that many more times...With Kenya.

 

End Notes:
Hope you enjoyed it! it was fun to write.
Chapter 6 by Sade
Author's Notes:

Melissa's Back.

Kenya arrives to work on Monday early as usual and finds a bouquet of orchids on her desk and a card that reads "Thank you for the maltteasers" laughing softly she sets the card on the desk, touching the petals of the flowers and smiling.

After taking a moment and reading the card again she gets to work. When Grant finds her she is furiously typing on her computer, smiling at him as he walks in but not stopping her work.

"Thank you for the flowers they are beautiful."

Grant smiles, loving how she put them in the center of her desk putting them on display. Walking to the seat opposite hers and sitting down Grant watches her work. She was like a powerhouse in the 20 minutes he just sat there she had answered 3 phone calls, typed 2 proposals and got him to sign 3 forms. She was awesome, like poetry in motion.

Finally done most of her work load Kenya looks up at Grant. "Is there something you needed, I hope I didn't zone out and keep you waiting."

Grant smirks "You are a great worker, you were so into your work that you didn't even notice me, I just came by to ask if you want to accompany me to the Fletcher Gala this Saturday evening."

Kenya may not have known much about the business world but she did know that this Gala was the biggest event of the year. every Fortune Global 500 owner, CEO's and big wigs would be there.

"I would love to go to the gala with you."

"Then its settled, Ill pick you up at 7:00 on Saturday."

On Friday after work Kenya calls her cousin Tracy. "Trace I was invited to the Fletcher gala and I don't have anything to wear.....Okay Ill meet you there...Something Classy but not boring.."

Walking into the boutique where her cousin said she would find the perfect dress for women their size, entering the store should couldn't believe it there were so many dresses and stylish clothes for curvy women, her cousin picks out a few dress pushing her into the stall.

She picked the floor length cream colored silk dress, the front had a plunging neckline giving it a sexy flare, she had a pair of 3 inch heels she wanted to wear and to accessorize she picks blown glass earrings and a bracelet her mother gave her for Christmas.

Taking her dress to the counter along with a few items her cousin said every women should have, a few strapless bras, thongs and garter belted lingerie...not that she knew when she would be able to use them.

They lady behind the counter gives her their card making sure to give her a discount and telling her they usually get shipments in on Mondays, and that she could drop in when ever she needed something.

Spending a small fortune but loving that she did something for herself ,Kenya walks to her car hands filled with bags. As she and Tracy go to her home deciding Tracy would sleep over at Kenya's so they could spend Saturday together and she could help Kenya get ready for the gala.

Kenya and Tracy spent Saturday morning watching cartoons, after calling her mom and having breakfast they decide to do a spa day, taking out her Manicure and pedicure set the proceed to do just that. by 3 she was having her hair done and feeling like a princess.

At 6:45 a white Lincoln Town Car Limousine pulls up to the curb and Grant steps out looking mouth watering hot in a Black Hugo Boss suit, and black loafers. Ringing the door bell and coming face to face with Tracy who steps aside letting him inside.

"Hi, I'm Kenya's cousin Tracy, you must be Grant..She will only be a moment, putting the finishing touches on her makeup." Seconds later Kenya walks down the hall to the living room where they stood.

Grant felt as though he needed to hide her somewhere, away from Males and females alike, she was smokin, the dress was beautiful on her and it made him think of taking her on silk sheets. Shaking his head and finally finding his voice.

"You look Gorgeous, I'm speechless, I don't know if I want anyone else to see you."

Shaking her head an blushing at his silliness "Thank you Grant, you look very handsome." Taking the arm he offers her they walk out the door leaving a smiling Tracy watching them.

On the ride over they talked about there day and laughed about feeling like they were going to prom. Stepping out of the car and being blinded by the flashing lights of cameras Kenya holds onto Grants hand for strength and comfort.

This was obviously a big deal, every major news and entertainment television Station was there for the red carpet portion of the event, Grant and Kenya smile and walk the red Carpet stopping to speak to some people along the way.

As they got inside it seemed like all eyes were on them, Grant waves and gently puts his hand on her waist a possessive gesture to all people looking.

Melissa couldn't believe he brought the hired help to such a A list event. She pretty much had to sell her soul and...body to be invited to the Fletcher's gala and some fat black bitch was there mingling with the likes of Bill Gate's without a servants tray in her hand this was not happening.

Kenya was laughing at something Prince Julian Abdul had said, she didn't notice the eyes on her. Many of the men had been watching and she seemed oblivious, Grant was pissed he was called to speak with some of the other company owners and had to leave Kenya. She had not been alone for 2 seconds before being surrounded by ten or so bachelors.

After the impromptu meeting was over the group dispersed and Grant was making his way to Kenya when one of his best friends waved him over. "Who the hell is that? you never told me you were seeing someone." Trevor was surprised when Grant showed up with the Ebony beauty on his arm.

"That's Kenya and we haven't talked in a while, I've been keeping her to myself, besides she is a little timid and didn't fall for my charm so I'm trying to win her over."

Trevor looks over as Julian whispers something into Kenya's ear causing her to giggle, oblivious to the man hitting on her she says something to her groupies causing them to laugh.

"You better go get your woman before she finds out she can do better" Trevor laughs loudly when Grant seemed to consider his words and moved quickly to Kenya's side.

"Sorry that took so long." he kisses her lips causing most of the guys to take the hint and walk away the ones bold enough to stay were pissed when he asked her to dance taking her to the dance floor as the band begins to play.

"You are the center of attention, your little fan club wanted to kill me when I kissed you."

Kenya laughs "They are very nice, they were only hanging around because they wanted to know if they could entice me to quit working for you and work for them *giggle* so far I have had 4 job offers."

Grant was not happy, those Assholes wanted to take his woman. As the song ended they walk to their table as Grant turns to signal a waiter he hears his name. "hey Grant, fancy meeting you here." Melissa seemed to be slightly drunk...this couldn't be good.

End Notes:
Hope you like it, the beginning of the week is always a little crazy but I am trying my best to update the most popular stories I have so Please review~
Chapter 7 by Sade
Author's Notes:
Green with envy.

"Hello Melissa." Grant hoped to god she wouldn't cause a scene in front of everyone, but knowing her it was only a matter of time.

"Oh no need to be so formal, Grantie-poo...we were practically engaged after all." Melissa smirked.

Kenya watched the play by play between Melissa and Grant, wanting to laugh at how hard Melissa was trying to ruin their night.

"Melissa,at no time in our ARRANGEMENT did I ever bring up marriage, so no we were never practically engaged."

"Oh Grant, don't be so cold, we were so perfect together, remember how much Fun we had." Melissa purposely stressing the word fun, attempting to gain  a reaction from Kenya who seem not the least bit upset.

Before Grant could reply Melissa turned to Kenya "Wow this is a surprise, I never knew Grant did Charity cases."

Kenya's smile was radiant "Its always a pleasure to see you too Melissa, You may want to check your face in the bathroom, your mask is slipping."

"What did you say to me you..."

"...Melissa I think its time for you to leave." Grant was shocked at Kenya's retort, not only did she best Melissa but she seemed so nonchalant about Melissa's comment to her.

"..Excuse us.." Before she could utter another word Grant and Kenya were walking away, leaving a Pissed off Melissa with her mouth wide open.

Pulling Kenya aside in a dark corner as people buzzed around them Grant whispers into her ear.

"Oh my little kitty has claws."

Smiling coyly at him Kenya giggles "Why, whatever do you mean Mister.Roswell?" She whispers in her best southern accent. Making Grant  laugh loudly causing more than a few heads to turn in their direction.

Grant and Kenya enjoyed the rest of their night, spending time dancing and talking to the other Gala attendees. Grant had introduced her to more people than she would probably meet in a year, the wife of the Gala's largest sponsor fell in love with Kenya, much to Melissa's dismay.

After hearing Mrs. Bennett ask Kenya to tea at their country club she wanted to scream. That should have been her invitation, Grant should be hers. Melissa put a smile on her face as she saw Kenya walk towards the ladies room following her inside.

Standing beside her as she touched up her lip gloss Melissa took out her compact and began touching up her makeup, when the last lady left the bathroom she turned to Kenya.

"Kenya you don't belong here, I hope you know everyone is being nice to you because well, they feel pity for you."

"Melissa, your true colors are showing and green really doesn't look good on you." Walking towards the door Kenya smiles as she hears Melissa's screeching angry voice.

"Mark my words, Grant will be mine."

Walking back to Grant's side Kenya smiles at him as he watches Melissa exit the bathroom a few minutes after her. Raising his eyebrow, causing her to shrug with a mysterious smile on her face.

As the gala came to an end Kenya and Grant decided to have something to eat because though the appetizers were delicious they were small, and left them peckish at the end of the night.

"Do you trust me?" Grant arched his eyebrow at her question, a look he seemed to be doing allot lately.

"Of course...why did you ask?"

"You'll have to wait and see."

Moving across the limo floor until she was at the window between them and the driver, Kenya turns the window down, whispering something into the drivers ear causing him to smile and nod.

"Yes Ma'am"

"When you call me ma'am it makes me feel old, I'm Kenya."

"Nice to meet you Kenya. I'm Grants usual driver, the name's Mike"

"Mike keep those hands on the wheel where I can see em, that's my woman you're flirting with." Mike shakes his head and Kenya laughs at Grants silliness, little did she know he was only half joking.

Settling next to Grant again Kenya rests her head on his shoulder.

"Thank you for inviting me to the Gala, I really enjoyed myself."

"It was my pleasure, everyone loved you..If one more of those pompous old farts winked at you I would have gone nuts."

Kenya shakes her head at him, just as the limo comes to a stop before a brightly lit building. A huge sign with the words "Frank's World famous Jerk chicken." Welcomed them.

Grant gave her a questioning look, she just smiled thanking Mike as he opened the door and held her hand as she stepped out, which earned him a glare from Grant. Kenya could have sworn she heard him say something about never letting Mike near her ever again, but she wasn't sure.

"Mike would you like something to eat? The have the best rice and pea's ever...Don't tell my mama."

"No thanks, I had something already." Mike smiles before getting back into the limo to wait.

Kenya and Grant walk hand in hand into the restaurant, as they walked up to the counter, Grant looked up at the chalk board behind the counter at the items, Kenya laughed at the lost look on his face.

"Would you like me to order for both of us?"

Grant laughs along with her "Yes, please."

"Can we have 2 rice and peas, Jerk chicken dinners, with coleslaw slaw and fried plantain, 2 Ginger beers and 2 slices of coconut tart please."
Grants eyes bulged at the list of items they would be consuming.

The man behind the counter saw the look on his face and winked at him before disappearing in the back to fulfill their order coming back moments later with 2 nondescript brown paper bags handing them over, and before Grant could reach for his wallet Kenya had paid and was telling Frank goodbye.

"Kenya, would you like to spend the night at my place?" Grant was a little afraid she would say no.

"Sure, but Id like to stop home to get a few things."

"Of course"

Kenya disappeared into her house, coming out a few minutes later with an overnight bag.

"Are you ready for out sleep over?" she smiled at him as he takes her bag and rests it in the seat across from them.

"There wont be much sleep involved, but I'm ready."

End Notes:
Hope you enjoyed, please review~
Chapter 8 by Sade
Author's Notes:
Im sorry for the long wait Life is  finally back to normal, from working 2 jobs this summer to working part-time and school. I will be able to update regularly. Again Im sorry for the long wait. but I will be updating All of my stories ASAP.

As they parked at the front of Kenya's home Grant exited the car not waiting for Mike to unbuckle his seat belt. Taking her hand and helping her out of the limo and smiling at her before closing the door and following her inside.

Shaking her head and laughing as she opens the door Kenya looks at the 2 overnight bags Tracy packed, and left at the door with a note that read.

Kenya

Please enjoy your night with Grant hopefully you will find true happiness and in the near future I will be the maid of honor in your wedding.

Tracy.

Turning to Grant only seconds before he takes the bags from her, they walk back to the limo where Grant hands her bags to Mike who puts them into the trunk.

As they resituated themselves into the limo, Grant wrapped his arm around Kenya's shoulders and drew her close to him, kissing the top of her head as Mike navigated them towards his house.

As they entered the gates to Grants home Kenya was floored at how beautiful it was, she had expected him to live in a townhouse maybe a condo not the most beautiful home Kenya had ever seen, as if reading her mind Grant rolls the windows down so she could get a better view.

"This house was given to me by my grandmother."

"Its georgous."

As the car stopped Mike opened the door and Grant helped her out of the car both hands full of their soon to be dinner, as Milke took the bags up the steps and into the manson.

Kenya grabs one of the dinner take out bags and Grant takes her hand as they walk into the house. Not knowing what to expect Kenya's eyes take in every detail as she follows Grant into what could be call the most wonderful kitchen she has ever seen.

"Oh my gosh, this Kitchen is to die for!" Kenya Exclaimed.

"You can use it any time." Grant replied.

Mike enters the Kitchen before she could reply.

"Well Im out boss, Ill talk to you tomorrow." he winks at Kenya, causing Grant to glare at him.

 

Grant watches her for a moment before walking to the cupboard and grabbing two beer mugs for their ginger beer, not knowing the customary glasses for the drink, but hoping the mugs would do the trick.

By the time he had turned around Kenya had already unwrapped their food.

"We can eat in the living room I want to show you my pride and joy."

Following Grant into the living room Kenya bursts out laughing as they arrive to find a very Bachelor looking lazy boy furnished every mans dream living room, complete with a flat Plasma screen that took up a whole wall.

Shaking her head Kenya settles onto the love seat, food in hand as Grant sets the drinks down before reaching for his own plate.

Bringing the first fork full to her lips she sighs her eyes closing, Grant does the same, the rice was delicious each grain seemed to be bursting with flavor, cutting his chicken and bringing the fork to his mouth Grant was unpleasently surprised. Kenya opens her eyes as she hears Grant panting and reaching for the mug of ginger beer, his face red and his eyes watering. Whoops she forgot to tell him about the peppers.

After taking the first gulp which did nothing to relieve the pain it actually seemed to cause it to burn more, he opens his mouth sticking his poor tongue out hoping the cool air would help. Kenya walks to the kitchen grabbing a glass and opens his fridge grabbing the milk and pouring Grant a glass before walking to the living room and handing it to him.

In that moment milk was the elixer of the gods, it cooled the burn causing Grants eyes to cross in relief.

By the time he looked up from the glass, Kenya was on the floor rolling around laughing so hard tears of mirth were falling from her eyes.

In the dress that he knew she paid a small fortune for, her hair coming unpinned curls falling around her flawless face. Grant knew there wasn't a sight more beautiful in the whole world.

He pounced on her after she looked up at him and began laughing again.

"You think thats funny?"

He grinned devilishly before he began to tickle her, their innocent game taking an X-rated turn when she rolls on top of him, Grants arms locking around her as she attempt to clim off him.

"Grant Im a virgin" The words slip from her lips moments before their lips meet in a slow kiss.

Grants shocked expression spoke volumes.

"Well say something?" Kenya begins worrying her bottom lip with her teeth.

"Holy Shit!"

Kenya's eyes narrow at him before she smacks his chest causing him to unwarp his arms from around her and she sat up moving away from him.

"I would have never guessed.." He said more to himself than to her.

"Its not like I wear a name tag ' Hello my name is Kenya and I am a 22 year old Virgin,' or go around telling everyone."

"Its just that you dont act like a virgin. I would have never guessed." He wanted to kick himself after the words left his mouth.

Kenya retraced her steps to his kitchen, finding the phone she begins to dial Tracy's number, hoping her cousin was at home so she could pick her up.

"Kenya, Im sorry..I didnt mean it like that." The glare she sent his way cut him to the core.

"Baby please, I just....it came out wrong, I was shocked thats all."

Kenya stops dialing and rests the phone back into the cradle before turning to him.

"Kenya Im sorry, its just I cant say Ive ever met a virgin your age that wasnt a nun or a lesbian."

"You know what Grant I think I'll go home and see you Monday at work." picking up the phone again she turns as his arms wrap around her arm.

"Kenya, forgive me." Her eyes meeting his finding them appologitic and pleading.

Nodding she rests the phone back down to the cradle.

End Notes:

Please Review.~

Chapter 9 by Sade
Author's Notes:
Sorry for the LONG wait. Thank you to everyone that has read and reviewed you Ladies are AMAZING!

As Kenya puts the phone back into the cradle and turns to face him Grant sees the fear in her eyes, what was she afraid of? him? his intentions? giving her a reassuring smile he opens his arms for a hug.

She gave him a weird look before reaching out and hugging him. Grant sighs into her hair all the while the words holy shit are running through his head.

"You still want me to stay over?"Kenya asks him a little unsure of what he wanted after her revelation.

"Are you serious? You thought just because you're a virgin I wouldn't want you?" Grant frowned, someone must have really messed with her head for her to think he wouldn't want her.

"Baby if you were to tell me you were an alien from another planet bent on world domination I wouldn't think twice about being with you."

Mission accomplished.

Grant thought as the spark re-entered Kenya's eyes and she doubled over in laughter.

He loved her laughter it did something unexplainable to him. Well something he didn't want to explain or acknowledge at this moment, wrapping his arms around her he starts tickling her causing her to gasp for breath.

"Grant nooo "

Kenya presses her hands against his chest as if to push him away but her fingers wouldn't listen, as if on their own her fingers grip his shirt pulling him closer, his arms wrap around her and she looks into his eyes.

"Kenya I just wanted you to know this is new to me, I never bring women to my home, I have never felt this way about anyone and I cant remember the last time I had so much fun just spending time with someone."

Grants confession caused Kenya to reach up pulling him down to her, as their lips met Kenya could have sworn her whole body was on fire.

"Baby if we don't stop now..." Grant was not a patient man, when he wanted something he went after it come hell or high water. So he giving Kenya the opportunity to decide if they wouldn't take the next step in their relationship was a big step for him.

"I-I'm sorry I didn't mean for it to get out of hand, I just wanted thank you for telling me." She turned away and he knew she was blushing, turning her back in his direction he looking into her eyes.

"You can get out of hand with me all you want." With a wink he turned her towards his bedroom where her overnight bag was.

"The bathroom is to the left. You can use it to change into your pajamas, I'll change in here." Grant gives her lips one last peck before she slips out of his grasp.

Watching her walk into the bathroom he sighs falling back onto his bed. A feeling of contentedness washing over him, which was something he was not accustomed to but it felt damn good.

Kenya changed and did her business before walked into the bedroom wearing her favorite Tinkerbell pj's.

"Tinkerbell never looked so good." Grant complimented.

Standing side by side at the sink they brush their teeth. Grants occasional smart comments keeping the conversation light and even when the silence came it was a welcomed.

"Left or right?"

Her confused look causing him to laugh pointing at the bed Grant watches as understanding dawns on Kenya, sticking out her tongue at him she giggles.

"Right please."

"Good thing I usually sleep on the left side huh." Grant smirks.

Rolling her eyes, Kenya looks up at him "Would you like to pray with me before we go to bed?"

Grant hadn't said prayers in a long time, when he was growing up it wasn't mandatory in his house but he knew it was important to Kenya so following her lead he got onto know knees.

After saying their prayers they get into bed, after two seconds of silence Kenya cuddles closer to Grant who wraps his arms around her, and moments later they fall fast asleep.

When Sunday morning came, it found Kenya cuddled as close as possible to Grant, his arms wrapped tightly around her as she slept.

Opening one eye she smiles sheepishly looking up at him before leaving the comfort of his arms to run to the bathroom, after taking care of business, brushing her teeth and freshening up she leaves the bathroom to find Grant no where to be found.

Remembering her way around she walks to the kitchen which is where she finds Grant making breakfast. Doing her best to sneak up on him she giggles as he jumps when she wraps her arms around his waist.

"Good Morning, Princess. Did you know you snore?"

Grant Laughed when he heard her quick intake of breath, before turning and giving her a proper good morning kiss.

"I do not snore."

Kenya said in a dazed and breathless voice. Before asking him how she could help.

"Just sit and watch a master at work."

Kenya sat at table watching Grant make breakfast. After putting bacon into a frying pan he walked over to Kenya wrapping his arms around her.

"I like having you in my home."

Before she could reply his lips were upon hers, the kiss started slowly a teasing nips of the lips caused the kiss to turn into a passionate battle. Kenya was the first to pull away both gasping for air.

"Grant your meat is burning."

Kenya says breathlessly, her voice a soft whisper.

"Baby you have no idea." Grant replies.

"NO, I mean the bacon, its burning!"

Kenya points behind them to the stove where there was indeed SMOKE.

The rest of the day was spent in Grants home theater watching movies, and cuddling (well thats what Grant called it, but Kenya found that making out would be a better term.)

When the day was over Grant drove Kenya home. They kissed at the door and after making sure she was safely inside Grant drove home to an empty house and for the first time in a long time he felt utterly alone.

End Notes:

Please Review. Thank you for reading <3

Chapter 10 by Sade
Author's Notes:
Thank you to all the wonderful people that left reviews, I am enjoying writing this about as much as you enjoy reading this story.

Kenya was at work early as usual, but not as early as Grant.

Who had to admit the only reason he was early was because he couldn't sleep, 5am found him staring at the ceiling of his bedroom, the house feeling empty without Kenya in it.

"Good morning, Kenya."

He smiled from behind her desk, standing and walking over to her he kisses her softly.

"Good morning, Grant."

She said clearing her throat slightly, the kiss causing her to forget where she was for a moment. Resting her handbag in a drawer of her desk she smiles at him while taking off her coat and hanging it on a coat hook.

"I made us lunch, that's if You'd like to join me."

She said timidly.

"I would be hurt if you didn't invite me to lunch baby, what'd you make? Rice and peas? Plantains? Cole Slaw? Curry?"

He went through some of the list of foods he knew she loved.

"You'll have to wait and see."

When he made a move to look in the lunch bag she brought with her she side stepped him tapping his fingers.

"You'll have to wait and see, Mr.Impatient. By the way don't you have a company to run?"

She asks playfully, hands on her hips.

"Mm you know I love it when you get all bossy. Its so fucking Sexy."

Grant kisses her quickly before exiting her office.

Kenya spent the next few hours catching up on calls she needed to return, rescheduling Grants appointments, reorganizing the mess of files his last assistants seemed to have forgotten to do for years.

While Grant was swamped with meetings and work that he would have done this weekend had it not been for the Gala but he wouldn't complain, the Gala had generated many new business opportunities.

He had just finished a conference call with the board of one of the largest software companies in the world who wanted his financial backing in a new venture.

Many of the men on the board had been at the gala and asked him about Kenya, they spent a few minutes telling him what a gem she was (like he didn't already know that), and some were as bold as to ask her relationship status to which he gladly answered that she was in a committed and very serious relationship, causing more than a few sighs and pouts (imagine grown ass men, some of them old enough to be Kenya's father pouting like children) When the meeting concluded it was almost time for him to meet Kenya, which brought a huge smile to his face.

Paging his secretary to tell her to take messages and that he and Kenya would be taking an extra long lunch, he sat there for a few minutes, thinking about how he would ask her to be his girlfriend without coming across as desperate or like a school boy asking a girl out for the first time.

When lunch time came Grant was more than ready to go for lunch and for Kenya. When he stepped out of his office he bumped into none other than Melissa and oh shit she was crying.

A split second before he could side step her she wrapped herself around him babbling senselessly, Grant rolled his eyes heavenward sighing loudly before reopening his office door and stepping inside with a still crying Melissa clinging to him.

"Melissa, what the hell is going on? Why are you here and why the fuck are you crying like someone took away your credit cards."
 
Grant pulled away from her, walking over to his desk and handing her some Kleenex. Before walking clear across the room from her, just incase she wanted to get clingy again.

"T-they found o-out about my dad, Grant they are going to kill him. I didn't know where to go, I don't know anyone who can help other than you. He cant tell the police, and there is no way he can tell the other investors, Grant you have to help him, You have to help us."

Grant pinched the bridge of his nose, this crazy chick couldn't be serious.

"Why the hell would I help you Melissa?, I was only a mark after all. After you got me where you wanted me, with access to my accounts you would have taken me for all I had and tossed me aside....So really why the fuck would I help you?"

"Have a heart Grant, you must know I love you more than I have ever loved anyone, besides I'm a victim, my dad thought of the plan after we were together, if you help him I'll do anything Grant, I mean Anything."

She dried her tears standing up and dropping her coat revealing barely there teddy lingerie, moments before there was a knock at the door and Kenya walks in.

"Grant, I thought you'd be ready for lunch, but I guess not so I've brought it to you."

Seeing that he was still silent, she looked in the direction of his gaze her eyes widening as they rested on Melissa.

"W-well I can....I can...see that you're um....Busy...I-I think Ill go home  e-early today."

Closing the door behind her she didn't hear Grant's whispered curse or see the utterly smug look on Melissa's face.

End Notes:
Please review <3 They keep me writing!
Chapter 11 by Sade
Author's Notes:
Sorry for the teaser, working on a few other updates. Hope you enjoy.

"MotherFucker!"

Grant was furious. As soon as Kenya left the room he stalked towards Melissa who had the common sense to back up. If looks could kill her body would be riddled with bullet holes in that moment.

"Melissa, You better pray that she accepts my apology because god help you if she doesn't. There wont be a hole you can crawl into that I wont find you and make your life a living hell."

He gave her a once over and in her life Melissa had never seen a look of pure disgust quite like the one she received from Grant, covering her body she gathered her purse and marched from across the room the to the door.

"Grant this is a big mistake you don't really want me to go. You wont like what I'll do to you if you don't help me."

Grant sat at his desk, the smile on his face as predatory as a lion and ten times as scary, causing her to look away from him.

"Melissa you really don't want to start anything with me, Ill keep you up way past your bedtime. I am not someone you want to fuck with."

"I have friends in high places Grant, they will do anything for me!"

Grant laughs at her, brushing an invisible piece of lint from his cufflink.

"I know all your friends and they like me better than you, plus I didn't even have to get on my back or on my knees to garner their friendships."

"Are you calling me a slut? You didn't seem to have a problem with it when you were fucking me."

"You said it not me, and I didn't have a problem with it because you and I weren't an item. Come on Melissa you didn't think you were the only one, the whole time did you?"

She was furious, she really did think she as the only one. Having the fact that he had known about her fathers plan thrown into her face and now the fact that he was fucking other women besides her, made her extremely angry.

"Oh and Melissa, if you ever see Kenya you walk in the opposite direction because if I think or even dream that you were plotting to do something to her I will fuck your world up so bad you wont be able to show your face in Wisconsin let alone New York. Now leave my building before I throw you out myself."

The pure venom in each word he spoke to her was enough to make her run from the building.

Buzzing his receptionist and telling her to cancel all of his appointments and meetings and asking her to take his calls and hopefully ask them to leave a message because he would be out of the office for the rest of the day. Grant grabbed his coat and left the office.

Hopping into his Lamborghini Grant made quick work of driving to Kenya's home.

As he pulled up to the curb in front of her place he rubbed a hand over his face, feeling horrible for exposing Kenya to Melissa once again and driving a wedge between them.

Fuck he should have brought flowers or some candy. That's what boyfriends did when they fucked up right? shit he wasn't used to this.

Deciding to face the music before he thought too much about getting back into his car and punking out, Grant walks up to her door knocking softly closing his eyes when he hears her moving around inside as she comes to the door.

"Mr.Roswell, what a..surprise..What can I do for you?"

She stood with her hands on her hips, giving him her best "what do you want?" look.

"For starters you can let me in, I don't want the neighbors knowing all our business"

She gives him a look that said "don't try anything funny mister Im watching you." Before stepping aside and granting him entrance to her home.

End Notes:
As always thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed it. Please review.
Chapter 12 by Sade
Author's Notes:

Hope you enjoy the new update.

Grant stepped inside her home. Smelling the most delicious scents coming from her kitchen.

Kenya put her hands on her hips, waiting for him to speak.

After leaving the office she had called her cousin and told her the whole story. Tracy listened to for a moment before asking her if she wanted to go on a killing spree, to which she almost gave Tracy the go ahead to eliminate Melissa but thought better of it.

Grant wanted to kiss Kenya so bad it hurt to restrain himself. Standing before him was a sundress covered beauty, she had changed from her business suit and pumps into a pale yellow sundress that fell just below her knees, she also wore a apron which was covered in flour. He stepped forward brushing a trail of flour from her cheek.

Stepping back away from her before she could speak, he ran his fingers through his hair, a nervous habit of his. Fuck he wasn't used to apologizing to anyone, What should he say? what would hitch do? He had watched the movie a few times and had hoped it could help him out in this situation....sadly I couldn't.

"Kenya, nothing happened between Melissa and I. She need some help, with a problem..."

Kenya arched her eyebrow.

"...I know it looked bad, but I didn't touch her.I haven't been with anyone since the day I joined you for lunch. I swear to you. I know I'm not the best boyfriend material, god knows I've been around the block a time or two....but baby I want you to give us a chance. I'm sorry for giving you a reason to doubt me. If you let me I would really like to make it up to you...prove to you that I can be the man for you, Just tell me what I can do to make you believe me, to make you give us a chance."

Kenya stood there. Looking at him with her mouth wide open. To say she was shocked was an understatement it wasn't in the same ball park of what she was feeling in that moment.

She had expected him to deny it, even try to act smooth, but this she did not expect. He seemed sincere, and she did believe that he hadn't been with anyone since the day he joined her for lunch. Looking at all the facts she knew he didn't do anything with Melissa, but what girl likes to see her man with another girl (his ex fuck buddy...mistress...what ever you wanna call it) half naked in the same room together.

She decided to make him sweat.

"I don't know, you two seemed pretty comfortable together."

"I was coming to see you to have lunch, My every thought was about you while she was there. So if I looked comfortable it was because I was thinking about getting out of that room with her to come and get my afternoon dessert from you." He said with a sexy wink.

She almost laughed out loud, this man was TROUBLE.

"Please baby, just tell me what to do? Ill do ANYTHING!"

She thought for a moment before she grinned evilly.


"Hm..How about you drop to your knees and kiss my feet right now." She said boldly.


He chuckled. "Well if you insist.”


He got to his knees in front of her.


Kenya’s mouth twitched. “You would do that? Grant I was kidding”


"You bet your sweet delicious ass I would, but I can't guarantee that I would stop at your feet."


He got to his feet, standing before her with his arms open. She stepped into his arms hugging him.


"I'm sorry for getting jealous. I should have trusted you more."
He kissed her lips.


"I would have reacted the same way and after kicking his ass I would have done the same thing you did..."


"Grant, I'm a one man kinda woman. I would never put you in that position."

"Kenya baby, So am I."


"What? Your a one man kinda woman too?"


He laughed for a moment before becoming serious.


"Being in a relationship is new to me, but for you I'll be anything you want. I will do everything in my power to make you happy, I promise you."


"Grant, I don't want you to be anything or anyone other than you. You're perfect just the way you are."


"Well Miss Kenya I think you owe me lunch."

End Notes:
I hope you enjoyed the new chapter, please review ~
Chapter 13 by Sade
Author's Notes:

I hope you enjoy the new chapter.

Kenya took Grants hand leading him to her kitchen, where she was busy baking and cooking up a storm. He stood behind Kenya with his arms wrapped around her as she stood at the stove stirring and tasting her dishes, ushering him to the dining room table where the table was already set.

“We’re you expecting someone?”

“Maybe.”

Without another word she went back to the kitchen adding a extra little swing to her hips. Causing Grant to sink his teeth into his balled fist, the only thing keeping him from biting her.

He followed her moments later helping her bring the food and drinks to the table. He noticed as they sat down she didn’t immediately start eating instead she bowed her head so he followed suit, as she said grace for their meal he wondered if she would allow him to spend the night with her. As they said amen then dug onto the food.

She made squash soup, and homemade bread and as simple as that sounded it was better than any thousand dollar, 12 course meal he had ever had in his life. This confirmed it for him, his baby could COOK!

He was a healthy eater, and could eat as much at the next guy but after his third bowl of soup he was licking his lips, the spoon but stopped short of licking the bowl itself.

Kenya looked on in silent shock. He was like a world wind. When he had asked for seconds she thought he was just asking to be nice but wow, he ate the second bowl then a third bowl savouring the last bowl slowly. Kenya made virgin Bahama-mama’s which he seemed to like as well. For dessert she prepared a pineapple upside down cake and mascarpone whipped cream.

Kenya packed up what seemed to be at least 10 boxes of baked goods as Grant filled the dish washer. He smiled as he heard her humming while she worked diligently and effectively to pack all the baked goods.

“You have enough cakes, cookies and pies to feed an army there.”

She looked up at him smiling.

“I’m going to feed a little army, I volunteer at the children’s orphanage down town, and today I will be surprising them with this.”

He wasn’t shocked in the least to know she was this dedicated to volunteering. As he packed all the goodies into his car, the trunk and back seats were loaded to the roof and she sat with two trays in her lap, as he drove to the shelter.

She took that time to tell him about some of the children he would meet at the orphanage. As they arrived there were at least 15 children that came out to help them carry their treats inside.

He stood beside her as she watched the kids open the boxes, it brought tears to his eyes seeing how happy they were, she was an amazing women baking favourites of each child. It was magical their eyes were lit as bright as the sun as she laughed and giggled joyously.

He looked up to see a boy of about 13 years old looking at him. He seemed to be one of the older kids at the orphanage. Giving the boy a small smile and receiving one in return he walked up to him with his hand stretched out and received a firm handshake.

“Hello I’m Grant.”

“Nice to meet you, my name is Nathan.”

Looking into this child’s eyes he saw intelligence, strength and pain there.

Nathan was the last to approach the box’s of goodies, and all the boxes seemed to be empty, then looking up at Kenya his face broke out into a large grin as she brought a box from behind her back, handing it to him.

“I heard that a certain someone got top scores on his exams. And if I can remember correctly you wanted a….”

Before she could finish he threw his arms around her, hugging her tightly.

“You shouldn’t have, I thought you were just playing when you told me you would.”

Grant couldn’t think of anything that could fit into a box that small that would bring that much joy. When Nathan opened the box and pulled out his prize, Grant was shocked. In the boys hands was a physics book and a book about computer technology and engineering he could tell they were second hand but even that would put the price around $150 each. These where books he knew well because he had used them in his studies at university.

Kenya stepped away from the children to introduce Grant to the ladies that ran the shelter.

“Grant these three amazing women are Helen, Mabel and Glenda, they have been like second mothers to me since I‘ve started volunteering here.”

“Ladies this is the man I have been telling you about.”

Kenya held his hand as she introduced him to the women.

“You got yourself a sexy one Kenya.”

“If only I were 30 years younger…”

“You‘d still be old enough to be his great great grand mother, Mabel.”

They talked and laughed for a moment before the children swarmed them, the boys seemed fascinated with Grant, asking him a million questions while Kenya was taken to the play room to play tea party with the girls.

After answering question after question Grant was given a break when the children were called to do their homework, and Grant was asked to help.

As he walked around he noticed he wasn’t the only one making rounds helping the children, Nathan and Kenya as well as Helen, Glenda and Mabel were doing their part to help. as well.

An hour or so later found Nathan in a corner bent over an old computer which Kenya told Grant was a project he had been working on since he was 10 years old. It turned out Nathan wanted to be an engineer and had high hopes of attending MIT when he graduated from high school.

Grant approached the boy after seeing his brow wrinkle as he look at the computers hard drive then flipped through the book for a few moments.

“I think what you’re looking for may be on page’s 157-290.”

Smiling and flipping to the page he needed, Nathan laughed triumphantly .

Grant sat with him for the duration of the visit, they talked about everything. From computers to girls no subjects were off limits and when the bell rang for supper Grant sat beside Nathan and they ate supper between talking about engineering and sports. After dinner the adults washed dishes as the children played.

Nathan invited Grant to play chess. Grant didn’t want to toot his own horn or anything but Chess was his game, he played in high school and in college on a national level, so when a 13 year old beat him at what he considered to be his game not only was he floored he was down right amazed.

They left the orphanage just before bedtime Grant gave Nathan all his numbers and personal email, and told him when ever he needed anything to just call. Nathan invited Grant to the school science fair which was to take place in two weeks and he promised he would attend.

Kenya watched them together and it made her happy to see how close they had become in such a short time. Nathan was an exceptional child never complaining and always happy, even though he was one of the oldest at the orphanage he embraced each day with a smile.

Grants thoughts were on Nathan as he drove to Kenya’s home. Nathan would do so great if he had the opportunities that Grant had as a child. He never thought of wanting to be a father, and certainly never imagined adopting a child but he was going to give some serious thought into making Nathan his son as soon as possible.

 

End Notes:
Please review. Hope you enjoyed the new update
Chapter 14 by Sade
Author's Notes:

I hope you enjoy the new chapter.

Nathan

The moment Grant got home he booted up his computer. Grant searched every internet database he could find about adoption and fostering children. He made the decision to adopt Nathan the moment he left the orphanage.

Nathan would make a great addition to Grants life. Grant only hoped that he would be a good addition to Nathans’. He knew that financially he would be more than capable to care for Nathan but emotionally he could only do his best and hoped it would be good enough.

Grant told Kenya about his plan to adopt Nathan the day after they went to the orphanage. She was speechless for a few minutes before hopping over his desk to give him the biggest hug. Kenya told him she would help in any way she could, which meant a lot to him because he didn’t know the first thing about parenting. The next day he went to the library and bought every book he could find on the topic of parenting.

Over the next few days he and Nathan spent a lot of time together. They went to Baseball and basket ball games and spent most evenings doing home work and playing chess. In the week Grant knew Nathan he grew very attached to him. They seemed to have a wonderful bond, Nathan would call him everyday after school to update him on how his day was going, and like a true parent Grant listened and gave advice as needed.

He contacted Mabel and got the ball rolling on adopting Nathan. Using his connections Grant was able to get all the forms, inspections and information needed within the second week to make it all official.

So the day before the science fair at Nathans school. Which was the place Grant planned to tell ask Nathan to be his son. He took the day off to get a room ready for him. Grant painted the walls of the room Blue which was Nathans favourite color, adding a state of the art entertainment system, home work station which included a Mac computer, laptop and air book; as well as ceiling to floor Shelving with books about engineering, physics and many other subjects which took up a full wall of the room.

Pleased with his handy work Grant took one last look at the room before turning off the lights and calling Kenya. They decided to ask Nathan out for dinner. He Gladly accepted the invitation and with in the hour the trio were sitting in an upscale restaurant. Nathan sat to the left of Grant and Kenya sat at his right and everything was perfect in the world. They ordered their meal and sat there talking as it was prepared.

When the food was delivered they dug in, eating in virtual silence. When dinner was over they were talking and waiting for dessert when Nathan asked if Grant would come to his school for a career day. Grant was more than happy to accept the invitation promising to be on his best behaviour.

After dropping Nathan back at the orphanage, Grant took Kenya home and while driving to his empty house he decided they would all be a family soon enough, so there would never be a time where the three of them would be apart for to long.

The next day Grant and Kenya arrived at the school 30 minutes early. Just in time to help Nathan set up. When they were done they stood back and took a look at their handy work, pure perfection.

In Grants opinion it was the best looking presentation of them all. Nathans project consisted of an old Macintosh computer and some alterations were made which turned the monitor a touch screen, Grant was so floored that a 13 year old showed such skill in a field which included some of the smartest people in the world.

Nathan was made to sit next to his project informing each person who viewed it as to what it was about, so Kenya and Grant took that time to walk around the auditorium looking at all the other projects. When the judging started Kenya, Nathan and Grant waited patiently for them to conclude the judging before the awards were presented.

When the awards ceremony started a hush fell over the auditorium. Merit awards were called first, and Nathans name wasn’t called which was a good sign that he was in the top 4. When the top names were called Nathan, and 3 other students stood on the podium.

Third place was called, then second and Nathan stood with another boy and they were the only 2 left standing on the podium. Grant held Kenya’s hand as the first runner up was called for their medal when the other kids name was called Grant jumped up clapping and whistling. Nathan accepted his award and When he stepped off the stage and was told that he would be representing New York in a National competition Grant and Kenya were there hugging him and congratulating him.

Grant took that time to ask him that oh so special question.

“Nathan I-I would like you to be my son…You are an amazing kid and…“

Before he could babble on Nathan wrapped his arms around him, the hug they shared was the sweetest thing Kenya had ever seen, she was crying at that point not a moment later she was pulled into the hug. They were interrupted when a commotion was heard from the back of the auditorium.

Before they could move their quiet family time was interrupted by cameras and microphones being pushed carelessly into their faces.

“Mr. Roswell is this you lover and the son you’ve kept a secret for years?“

“Is it true that you and your secretary were secretly married today?”

“What are their names? Is this who you cheated on Melissa Farnsworth with?”

Grant stepped in front of Nathan and Kenya pushing the cameras away from them.

“Don’t you approach my son or my girlfriend like that EVER! And NEVER push a camera into their faces again or I will ruin you so fucking bad you nor your family will be able to find a job in America for the rest of your sorry lives.”

Cameras and microphones were taken away from them fearfully, and the whole room fell silent, all eyes on Nathan, Kenya and Grant.

End Notes:
Please review.  <3
Chapter 15 by Sade
Author's Notes:
Hope you enjoy the update.

Grant watched as Kenya and Nathan began packing up his project. He was thankful when the school’s principal stepped in and had the reporters removed from the premises with the warning of a lawsuit.

Calling his publicist quickly he knew he would have to have a press conference as soon as possible just in case one of the stupid reporters decided to ruin their career and their life by airing the story.

“Ian, I need you like right now. Call a press conference Ill be there in like 3 hours.”

He helped pack Nathans project into his hummer before making his next call while Nathan and Kenya were talking with some of the other students.

“Evan, I need you to look into how people out side of the office know about Kenya and I, I also need you to find out who told the reporters where I was going to be today. Look into Melissa as a prime suspect because this seems like the petty shit she would get up to.”

When Nathan and Kenya got into the hummer Grant pulled out of the parking lot. Driving towards the orphanage where he and Kenya helped Nathan pack his belongings and also where Nathan said a tear-filled goodbye to everyone and they drove to Grants home.

They each packed a box into the house, which was the sum of all of Nathans earthy belongings, the fact that everything Nathan owned could fit into 3 medium size boxes made Grant very upset.

“I hope you like it here. We can move if you don’t, I know it will probably be hard to adjust…but if you aren’t comfortable or like if you don’t want to stay here anymore you can just tell me..”

Grant babbled on..

Nathan had been to the house a few times before and walked directly to his new room, he oohed and awed at the décor and all the new items he would call his own.

“Thanks dad.”

Those two simple words were the most meaningful Grant had ever heard they brought tears to both his and Kenya’s eyes.

“If you need anything at all just tell me, the maid comes in everyday at about 10:00 am so you should be at school, but if you have any requests for how you like your room to be cleaned or anything just write a note. I had hoped we could go over some other things before we had to go but I see that’s not going to happen.”

“Where are we going?”

Kenya asked the question as they walked towards the car.

“I have to go to Roswell towers. I want Nathan to see where his old man slaves away day and night, cuz some day it will all belong to him.”

Kenya smiled at the huge grin on Nathans face.

As they entered the building all eyes were on the trio as the walked to the elevator and went to the top floor. Grant riddled off which departments were found on which floor of the building as they ascended.

When they reached their destination Grant introduced Nathan to the secretary and everyone he could find on the floor, even customers.

Kenya left Grant and Nathan alone for some bonding time as she went to answer some of her calls.

When she entered her office she was greeted by 20 or so vases of roses, placed all over the room. She took her time smelling one of the roses as she read the card, written in Grants unmistakably masculine handwriting.

“Thank you for being a ray of sunshine in my dull life and being the person that introduced me to my son. I can never thank you enough. Love Grant.”

Her eyes misted as she read his words.

Nathan sat behind his fathers large desk as his dad went to talk to the secretary about getting him full security clearance into the whole building.

He sat behind the desk looking around at the immaculate surroundings, it brought tears to his eyes to think of how lucky he was. He had a great dad who cared for him and in time he hoped Grant would be able to convince Kenya to join their family.

“Okay we got you clearance to everything, now I have to go to a press conference, ill take you and Kenya to her place and come to pick you up after.”

Kenya thanked Grant for the flowers again as they arrived at her home. She took only 2 of the vases of flowers home and set one up on a side table in her living room and one in her bedroom leaving the rest at work until she could think of something to do with them.

Nathan wanted to go with Grant but he also understood how much scrutiny they would be under if he went. The last thing he wanted to do was to cause more trouble for his dad.

Grant made sure both Nathan and Kenya were comfortable before he left them. As soon as he entered the conference room where the press conference was to take place a hush fell over the room, his publicist ran over to him with a list of the television stations in attendance.

“Each reporter will get to ask a question after you have given them a little blurb and we have made a list of the questions that are off limits and have given each reporter a copy. Two or three will be aired live but it shouldn’t matter if everyone sticks to the plan. The private investigator called and said that he left a massage on your cell, so you need to check that after the vultures get through with you.”

Grant nodded wondering who was stupid enough to fuck with his family… Holy shit he never thought in a million years he would be a father. This should be the happiest moment of his life and he should be with Kenya and Nathan not having to explain who the most important people in his life were to the world. It was moments like this when he would give his right arm not to be Grant Roswell III.

He was ushered back stage where he was put into a suit and was made to sit in a chair while his hair and face were detailed. After it was all done and he was deemed presentable he walked into a change room for some privacy and called Kenya.

“A pleasant good evening Kenya speaking.”

Grant smiled at the sound of her voice.

“Hello love, I just wanted to call and see how you and Nathan were doing.”

“We are doing well, your son is kicking my butt at chess as we wait to watch you on television.”

“You cant let him win, he wont let you live it down.”

“This is the third game I’ve lost to him, he is relentless…Like father like son eh.”

Grant laughed, it sounded great hearing someone else call Nathan his son. He couldn’t describe the feeling except to say it felt…right.

“May I speak with him please.”

“Sure.”

He could hear Kenya telling Nathan that his dad was on the phone.

“Hey Dad.”

“Hey, just wanted to check in and see how you two are doing.”

“We’re good, just hoping everything goes well with the press conference. I didn’t mean to cause any trouble.”

“Hey Hey now this isn’t your fault, I don’t want you to ever think that it is.”

“Okay Dad.”

“We have a lot to talk about, after all this is said and done.”

After a short pause Nathan spoke.

“I just want you to know I love you dad.”

Those simple but powerful words brought tears to Grants eyes.

“Love you to Nathan.”

Grant wished he and his son had said those words for the first time face to face, having to say them over the phone renewed his anger in whomever, told the press about his whereabouts earlier that afternoon.

The call was cut short when he was called to start the press conference.

“I have to go now, I should be over there in about three or so hours or whenever this is over. Tell Kenya I said good bye and wish me luck.”

“Sure thing dad.”

“Kenya, dad says he loves you and that he wished you were there to give him a kiss for good luck.”

Kenya blushed at Nathan’s words.

Grant laughed knowing what her reactions would be.

“Dad you can thank me for that later..”

They all laughed as they said their goodbyes and Grant was led like a lamb to slaughter to stand before what seemed like a sea of reporters.

“Good evening ladies and gentlemen, its been awhile since I have had to stand up here and explain my actions to you, and its never been the case where the actions that brought me before you are honourable ones until today. First off I would like to say hello to my son Nathan and girlfriend Kenya, those were the two individuals that were pushed into the spotlight this afternoon. Secondly I would like to say to any reporters that were present this afternoon, don’t ever let that happen again I do not give idle threats I will ruin anyone dumb enough to mess with my family.”

After taking a drink of water Grant signalled for the first question to be asked.

After what seemed like 5 hours and a million questions later it was over. Grant was pleased with the outcome, the reporters steered clear of questions about Nathan’s paternity and his relationship with Kenya was also off limits.

Grant happily took off the monkey suit and changed into his casual wear, taking the time to call Kenya and tell her he would be on his way soon before checking the messages on his phone. The last message was the one he was looking for.

“Hey Grant you wont believe who leaked the story to the press. You have three guesses and the first two don’t count…It was your Father and yeah you were right Melissa was also involved.”

End Notes:
Please review.
Chapter 16 by Sade
Author's Notes:
I hope you enjoy the new chapter.

Grant was livid as he drove to Kenya’s home.

He should have known good old dad would be involved. They always had a rocky relationship but they hadn’t spoken to each other since he found out his dad was Melissa’s father go to man and was the brains behind Melissa’s attempt to seduce her way into his life and his wallet.

His father was born with a sliver spoon in his mouth and could never understand why Grant would want to go to school and start his own business when money would just fall into his lap from the investments his grandfather had made.

When Grant became of age, refused to touch his trust fund money and decided to start a business from a bank loan, his father seemed to take that as an insult and disowned him from his family.

He should have known Melissa would go to his dad for help. Those two would rue the day they fucked with Nathan and Kenya he wouldn’t settle for less than ruining them completely.

As Grant pulled into Kenya’s drive way he had cheered up considerably. Nathan ran to the car to meet him as Kenya stood in the door way smiling at the two of them.

“You were great Dad.”

Grant threw his arms around his son.

“He is right you were amazing.”

Kenya was very impressed with his calm demeanour, she could see the anger in his eyes.

“Thank you, I had you two to impress after all.”

They all walked into the dining room where Kenya separated herself from father and son so that they could have a moment alone while she finished making them supper.

Grant wasn’t surprised when Nathan began asking him questions about the school he would be attending in the future. He wanted to know about the extracurricular activities that the school provided and the courses he could take. Grant loved how enthusiastic Nathan was about learning and knew his son would be a force to be reckoned with in any career path he chose to take.

By the time Kenya finished supper they were all incredibly hungry and ate in silence. She prepared some of her favourite foods and hoped that Grant and Nathan would enjoy the meal. When they finished eating Nathan cleared the table and after he was finished Kenya surprised them with dessert.

“That was delicious Kenya, I feel like I need to buy a pair of stretch pants and go to the gym for a long work out.”

Nathan stretched out on a chair and took a moment to pat his full stomach.

“Mmm. That was really good!”

Kenya blushed at their compliments.

“Thanks, I was hoping you guys would like it.”

They all sat in silence basking in each others company.

“Kenya I think Nathan and I have imposed on you enough for the day. We have to go and get settled, ill see you at work tomorrow.”

“You two are my favourite people in the whole world having you here is never an imposition but Nathan has school and you both need to have some time together just the two of you.”

After Nathan said goodnight to Kenya and gave her a hug he ran to the car. Grant stood at the front door with Kenya watching Nathan for a moment, then he turned to her.

“Thank you for everything, you have opened my eyes in so many ways and I am so lucky to have you in my life, you are an amazing woman Kenya. I love you.”

Kenya looked up at him, her eyes misty with unshed tears.

He kissed her lips softly savouring her before joining Nathan in the car and driving away.

Over the next few weeks Grant spent as much time with his son as he could.

Nathan adjusted amazingly to life with Grant. Grant drove Nathan to school every morning and was never late to pick him up after school. They ate supper together and did homework together, they enjoyed watching cartoons together and played chess every night.

Nathan asked to finish the semester at the public school instead of transferring so late in the semester to the private school and Grant agreed. On his first meeting with the principal and teachers he found that they were people who had Nathans best interest at heart, Each in their own way grew to love Nathan.

Grant had to admit life with Nathan was great, he was an awesome kid. Grant didn’t miss the freedom of bachelorhood in the least, being a father took top priority in book so he did as much business as he could without leaving the country going as far as to take Nathan to Europe with him on a business trip which turned into introducing his son to some of the most influential people in the world.

Everyone that met Nathan fell in love with him, his son made friends where ever he went. When they were in public, people would stare at them but the duo were oblivious to the attention the drew.

The night they got back home Grant called Kenya. Their relationship had taken a backseat to his bonding with Nathan and he was tired of catching glimpses of her at the office, speaking to her on the phone or chatting through emails. He missed being with her.

“Good evening, Kenya speaking.”

Grant smiled.

“Evening Darlin’.”

Kenya was pleasantly surprised when she heard his voice. She had a busy week going for interviews at the university she hoped to attend and after she got her acceptance letter she spent time finding a replacement for her position at Roswell Industries.

“Welcome home, how is Nathan adjusting?”

“He is doing great, how are you doing babe? ”

“I’m doing great I was accepted to NYU which was my first choice of Universities and I’ve started sifting through resumes from potential replacements for my job at Roswell.”

Grant hated the thought of her not working in the same building as he was. He loved watching her work and being able to see her anytime he pleased was a big plus. He also knew this was her dream. Teaching is something she had dreamed of doing since she was a small child and he knew she would make a wonderful teacher.

“Congratulations sweetie, sorry I couldn’t be there to take to out for a celebration dinner. ”

“Thank you Grant, and I knew you were busy…I’m so happy you and Nathan are spending so much time together and growing close.”

“That’s what I wanted to talk to you about, Nathan will be spending the weekend at a his friend’s place and I was wondering if you wanted to spend the weekend keeping me company.”

“I would like that.”

Kenya knew the moment the words left her lips that this weekend would be the most unforgettable of her life.

End Notes:
Please review.
Chapter 17 by Sade
Author's Notes:

I deserve to be strung up by my toes and whipped...Or worse. Im sorry, I know I am the worst person to depend on for an update, I am sorry for the short update you ladies deserve more from me and I apologize again.. This is dedicated to all the wonderful ladies that have waited for this update.

Kenya spent the last day before her weekend with Grant being pampered.

She checked into a spa and 4 hours later she was $300 poorer but relaxed from her massage, she was waxed and buffed and had a great manicure and pedicure.

The day of her trip, after packing her clothing and any other items she could think of, Kenya decided to call her cousin to tell her not to expect her home for the next 2 days and so that someone would know where to find her if anything happened.

“Tracy, Ill be spending the weekend with Grant. You have my cell phone number just in case something happens.”

She held the phone away from her ear for a moment.

“I have no idea what he has planned, you didn’t have to scream so loud for all we know it’s a G rated sleepover so he wont miss Nathan as much while he is away.”

Kenya smiled at Tracy’s reaction to her words.

“Anyway, I just wanted to tell you. Just in case you needed to reach me.”

As she hangs up the phone the doorbell rings.

Taking calming breaths as she moves towards the door Kenya smiles at Grant as he steps into the house.

“Good afternoon love.”

Grant slides his arms around her waist pulling her to him kissing her passionately.

Kenya was speechless for a moment, her eyes glossed over as Grant stood with a smirk on his face.

“Good evening Grant.”

Taking her hand and linking their fingers Grant picks up her small suitcase, and they walk to his car hand in hand. After helping Kenya into the car Grant secures her bag next to his in the trunk before getting into the car and pulling away from the curb.

“Sooo, where are we going mister Roswell?”

“Somewhere special, Ms. Price”

“You really wont tell me where you’re taking me?”

Grant looks over at her winking. “If I tell you ill have to kill you.”

Kenya rolls her eyes. “That seems a bit harsh.”

Grant smirks.

They drive listening for an hour before turning down a street. “Grant isn’t this is the way to the airport?”

He doesn’t reply, just begins to whistle tapping his finger against the steering wheel.

They pull into a private parking spot in front of a non-commercial jet office, the Valet takes the car as well as their bags.

“Good to see you again Mr. Roswell. Thank you for the Yankees tickets. My date almost died when I led her up to the plush booth.”

“Nice to see you again Charlie it’s the least I could do. How is school going?”

“Good Sir.”

“That’s good. Keep up the good work.”

Kenya was shocked not only did he know the young mans name but they seemed to be friends. She gave him an odd look. Most men of his calibre wouldn’t know the name of their valet let alone talk to them as if they were friends.

“You are just full of surprises aren’t you Mr. Roswell.”

Grant just smiled perching his sunglasses on his nose before draping his arms around her waist and leading her into the building.

As they walk up to the travel desk Kenya whispers to him. “Grant I hope you aren’t taking me somewhere. I don’t have my passport with me.”

Grant stops walking mid stride “Oh Lawd no, She doesn’t have her passport…Now I cant take her with me, Oh nooo.” He grasps his heart dramatically.

Kenya shakes her head at him as passers-by give them odd looks.

“You are such a fool.”

“Yeah, I’m a fool for you.”

As they stand at the desk the attendant looks up from her computer eyes wide.

“Hello Mr. Roswell, Ms. Price. Your jet is ready, the pilot as you requested is waiting for you and Howard, he is none too pleased that you don’t have Nathan with you.”

Grant groaned, Dealing with a cantankerous Howard would be fun…the steward/Bodyguard was an amazing guy that seemed to always be stone faced until he met Nathan, he and the kid spend the whole flight to London playing chess. Grant would never admit it out-loud but he was jealous.

“How did she know my name?” Kenya asked as they were ushered to the biggest jet on the tarmac.

“Everyone in my employ were given strict directions to keep an eye out for you and Nathan, if you needed anything they would provide it.”

Kenya arched an eyebrow at him.

When they got to the plane Grant was accosted by two men, whom she later found out were his bodyguard and regular pilot.

She was introduced to the two men who both proposed to her going as far as to tell her if the relationship between Grant and herself didn’t work out they would gladly pick up the pieces. She giggled at their antics.

She was given the grand tour of the beautiful hotel in the sky. Complete with a bedroom, bar Jacuzzi and game section.

They were seated and told to buckle up.

“Good evening beautiful lady and her beast, this is your handsome captain speaking we will be flying for approximately 3 hours to an altitude of 30,000 feet, we will land in Toronto at approximately 2pm sit back and enjoy the ride, Just don’t enjoy it too much with out me back there with you Kenya.”

Grant shakes his head, he will never let Kenya fly alone with Tom.

“Toronto?” Kenya looks to him questioningly.

“You told Shelly you wanted to see the King Tut exhibit and since you missed it when it was in New York I made a few calls and found out it was in Toronto and wanted you to see it. ”He holds her hand as they take off.

Kenya Price was speechless. This man…Her man was Amazing…

End Notes:

Please review, I hope you enjoyed it! xox

Chapter 18 by Sade
Author's Notes:

Please accept my peace offering.

The flight to Toronto was turbulence free and filled with laughter and not so subtle hints sent Kenya’s way from Grant. As they landed at the private airport, they leisurely walked hand in hand to the sleek Lincoln town car parked on the curb. Grant smiled at the chauffeur, who tipped his hat at Grant and smiled at Kenya. 

 

“Evening ma’am.”

 

“Good evening.” 

 

 Kenya smiled in return before sliding into the luxurious back seat of the car, the door was closed promptly and they were on their way driving through the city as their driver pointed out the landmarks and told them about the history of the city of Toronto. 

 

Finally reaching their destination the chauffeur walked around the car opening the door. Taking Kenya’s hand and helping her from the car, which earned him a glare from Grant when Kenya thanked the driver for the tour and gave him one of her brightest smiles. 

 

“Welcome to the Fairmont Royal York.”

 

The Manager welcomed them to the beautiful hotel, giving them a tour and telling them about all the luxurious amenities they provided. Their bags were already in the suite and their dinner reservations at the hotels award winning Michelin star restaurant was made for 7pm giving them enough time to settle in.

 

Taking the private elevator to the penthouse suite. Kenya was in absolute awe of her surroundings never in her life did she imagine being in such a grand hotel.  Grant gave her a tour of his home away from home, showing her the room Nathan claimed as his own and the master suite with adjoining master bathroom equipped with a sunken tub a shower that could fit about 10 people and bidet. She looked over at Grant arching her eyebrow at him. 

 

He sat on the large California king size bed taking the phone and calling Nathan. 

 

“Hey Kiddo.”

 

“Hey Dad.”

 

He would never tire of hearing those words, surprised at how well he adjusted to having a son and how much he loved Nathan.

 

“How did school go? And the chemistry final?”

 

Grant knew he did well, they had studied for an hour every evening as they ate dinner Grant would ask him questions and Nathan got each answer correct so he knew his son did great, he was a Roswell after all. 

 

“School was good dad, and you didn’t have to send a car for Dylan and I , he only lives a block from school. The final went great finished with 15 minutes to spare and I went over it again like you told me and found a few slight miscalculations so I had time to fix them, Thanks dad. ”

 

Grant had told Nathan if he ever had time after an exam go over the answers just to make sure they were correct.

 

 They talked for a few minutes before saying their goodbyes.

 

“Love you, dad.”

 

“Love you too Nathan.”

 

Grant promised to call each day and check in on Nathan to make sure he had everything he needed. 

 

Grant made a few other phone calls one to the bodyguards he set to watch and protect Nathan to make sure they had his cell number and to check in and make sure nothing was amiss. He then called the private investigator he had looking into Melissa and his father and was surprised to find Melissa and her father had fled the city for the Cayman islands, leaving some 500 investors very very pissed off. 

 

After making the calls he went in search of Kenya and was not surprised to find her occupying the master bathroom. 

 

Grant stood with  his ear to the door, knocking slightly. 

 

“You okay in there?” 

 

Kenya was in heaven after her bath, she put lotion on her skin and sat at the vanity in a Victoria secrets lacy bra, garter set after finishing her hair she applied a meagre amount of makeup. 

 

“I’m doing great, how is Nathan?”

 

She stood sliding into a pink satin robe and opening the door to him. Grant almost fell into the room as the door opened unexpectedly. Clearing his suddenly dry throat he took his time eyes her up.  Forgetting the question he continued to ogle her.

 

“…So Nathan?”

 

Grant Shook his head slightly, trying to focus on her words and not on the fact that she was mere inches away from him wearing less than he has ever seen her wear.

 

“Nathan? Oh yeah, yeah Nathan…He’s doing well. Aced his chemistry final.”

 

Kenya smiled at him. He was so proud of Nathan.

 

“That’s great, well dinner is in an hour so…”

 

Grant nodded.

 

“Oh yeah I should probably start getting ready too.”

 

Kenya nodded, looking at him expectantly. Grant left the bathroom, only for a moment to find  his suitcase. Taking out what he needed he rejoined her in the bathroom after hanging the suit he would wear to dinner, in the bedroom. 

 

Kenya gasped as Grant winked at her before beginning to strip, first his shirt was tossed over his head and into the laundry bin, then he looked directly into her eyes as he took off his jeans. She quickly looked away and turned around.

 

“Kenya, come on you’ll have to help me scrub my back sweetheart.”

 

“You can scrub your own back.” She retorted.

 

Grant laughed loudly before taking off his boxers and entering the large luxurious shower. Kenya turned around Grant watched her intently as she shook her head smiling before leaving the bathroom and closing the door behind her.

 

She put on one of the gowns her sister picked out for her, a beautiful gold formfitting gown and gold 4 inch heels. Looking at herself in the mirror she smiled at her reflection.

 

“Eat your heart out Grant.” She whispered.

 

Grant dressed in a dark Armani suit and black Hugo boss shoes. A slight 5 o’clock shadow gave him a ruggedly handsome look. He left the master suite to find Kenya having a glass of water in the kitchen. Her profile from the back caused him to almost miss a step.

 

“Are you ready?”

 

She turned to him, her eyes drifting over his well dressed body. They took each other in, looking their fill.

 

“You look amazing?”

 

“Thank you. You look great.” She smiled as her reached for her hand as they left the suite.

End Notes:

Please review.

Chapter 19 by Sade
Author's Notes:

:3

 

Grant and Kenya were led to the beautiful private dining room. They were the only two people in the entire restaurant so there was one table set in the center of the room, Kenya gave him an inquisitive glace which he returned with a wink. Grant was more than pleased he was able to buy out the restaurant for the night so that he and Kenya could enjoy their time together. He helped her into her seat then too the seat across from her. There was a bottle of champagne chilled and uncorked beside the table after they were seated and made their meal selection the host poured each a glass of the award winning sparkling wine and left the couple. 

Kenya took a small sip of the champagne then giggled, the bubbles traveling into her throat tickling her slightly. Grant watched her with an almost reverent gaze. 

“Thank you so much for this, everything has been amazing Grant.”

Grant smiled. She would never know how much he loved knowing she enjoyed this little token of his love.

“I love making you happy.”

Never in a million years had he thought in such a short time a woman would change his life in such a huge way. He had a son, now he needed to claim this woman as his wife. He was a man that always got what he wanted and Kenya would be the last piece of the puzzle, well Kenya and more children he added.

They made small talk as the appetizers were served, they ate in comfortable silence savouring each delicious morsel. As the main course was brought the host gave Grant a look to which he replied with a single nod, the man seemed to understand the message and gave Kenya a bright smile before leaving the couple. As they ate they talked about Nathan and his upcoming school trip to China. Grant was less than thrilled he would be in Dubai on business for the entire weeks of the trip and couldn’t be a chaperone, Kenya was more than happy to go. 

As dessert was brought Kenya noticed there was only one plate, she looked to Grant and noticed his chair was being brought next to hers and he sat close enough that she could smell his aftershave. They shared the white chocolate truffle cake Grant fed her and himself and as he gave her the last bite he kissed her softly.

“I’ve wanted to do that this entire night.”

Kenya’s cheeks warmed.

“I’ve wanted you to do that this entire night.”

Grant laughed at her boldness.

As they left the restaurant and walked hand in hand to their suit neither said a word too lost in their own thoughts. As the code was put into the door and the door opened Kenya proceeded Grant into the master bedroom where she began to remove her jewellery and make up, After taking off his jacket, Grant found her just in time, she turned and motioned to the back of the dress and he was thrilled to help. Sliding the zipper downward, using the opportunity to kiss her neck and gently nibble on her ear, causing her to shiver slightly.

Kenya turned to him and Grant did the only thing he could think of. He reached up, wrapping one of his hands around the nape of her neck. He kissed her deeply.

She made a noise that sounded like a moan in the back of her throat. He’d never thought that so much passion could erupt so quickly. Before he could think Kenya was pushing him down. He fell onto his back on the bed. Her warm body draped over his, her dress falling forgotten to the floor. 

No words were necessary. As though by some unspoken vow, they simply suspended all thought and conscience. In this moment, there were no words.

Grant turned them and Kenya slid beneath him easily, Instinct made him cradle her head in his hands, without breaking contact from the sweetness of her mouth. With her arms around his neck, Grant settled between her legs in a frantic need to get closer. She tasted of chocolate and something sinful he couldn’t quite name. Her body was pliable and willing on top of  his, begging to be used until she screamed for mercy.

She tugged at his shirt, Grant leaned up on his knees, tearing the offending material from his chest. Kenya was smiling at him in a way he had never seen before. Innocent and vulnerable as she seemed, she still had that unmistakable sensuality.

Grant leaned down to her again, wrapping her in a kiss that made his toes curl. His hands came up from her hips, smoothing over her body until he reached her bra and cursed softly when he couldn’t unsnap it.

“Patience is a virtue,” she whimpered as he palmed two exquisite, silk-covered breasts.

“Not right now it isn’t.”

Her giggle sent shivers down his spine. He leaned down to her kissing her deeply. Her taste was almost more overpowering than her amazing scent.

Kenya moved her hands between them down to his pants where she tugged the button and unzipped him,  boldly sliding both of her impossibly hot hands under to stroke him. He groaned, nipping playfully at her neck while his hands slid up her legs. 

Her panties flew somewhere over his shoulder. Followed by her Bra. He didn’t care where they landed, so long as her body was naked beneath him. She worked his pants down until he could shimmy out of them. 

Her hands seemed to be everywhere and wherever she touched begged for more. She was drawing him in further and further with every breath. A beat later, she nipped his neck with her amazing mouth. He took her hands, shoving them above her head to hold her prisoner.

Long, slow licks brought him from her throat to her breasts. He took each chocolate-colored peak into his mouth, making her arch and wiggle beneath him. Her desperate cries for more were music to his ears. 

Releasing her hands his mouth traveled down the expanse of her belly. His hands reached down to grasp her thighs so he could pull them further apart. She propped up on her elbows, staring down at him the champagne making her bold even in her innocence. He smirked at her a beat before burying his face in the apex of her thighs.

She was already wet and ready for him, making him growl against her. He toyed with the slick folds of her, then circled the hardened nub with the tip of his tongue. Her hips came clean off the bed,  his name tumbled from her lips as he clamped his hands on her hips to keep her in place.

Her climax beautiful. Kenya arched her back and cried his name while her nails dug into his shoulders as she attempted to bring him up to her. Grant slid up her body, kissing her deeply as he entered her without pause.

Kenya’s head flew back and her body arched sharply into his and she screamed as her body was invaded by his. Grant buried his face into her neck on a long groan. Her body fit around him like a glove, pulling him deeper inside until he thought he would drown. Hot, wet, and needy she surrounded him. He looked down into her closed eyes not moving a muscle, Kenya opened her eyes after a few moments of collecting herself. The pain had turned to pleasure. 

“Oh please…”

 He drew back with a hiss only to pound back inside of her.

Kenya’s legs came up to wrap around his waist, opening her to him completely. He lifted his head, taking her lips slowly  he took her body.

Every thrust of his hips scooted them on the bed. It wasn’t enough. Harder, faster, deeper, he had to be part of her. 

She panted his name when their lips broke apart for air. Grant growled hers in response, wiggling a hand between them so he could take one perfect breast. Her head thrashed against the bed, her body seemed to hum as he ushered her toward a second climax.

“Please come…For me”  he whispered into her ear. 

Kenya crooned softly, her nails scraping his shoulders and back as she neared that precious edge between Bliss and heaven, Grant grit his teeth, determined that she would finish before he. Angling his hips slightly, he increased his pace. 

“Come on, baby,” he continued. 

“I need to feel you come.”

She exploded. Grant kept up his bruising pace, swallowing her cry of his name when he took her mouth again. She writhed and clenched around him, drawing him over the edge with her.

His body screamed for more, even as he swore into her mouth. That feeling of bliss, that moment of heaven, had never been so powerful for him.

They fell into silence, trying desperately to return to the real world. Grant turned to look at her, somewhat shocked now at what they had done.

But the shock faded when he saw Kenya turn to him. She reached over to touch his cheek, making his eyes close at the simple, affectionate gesture. 

“I love you.”

“I love you more, Kenya will you marry me.”

 

End Notes:

Please Review.

This story archived at http://https://www.valentchamber.com/viewstory.php?sid=557