Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Julian

 

He had just returned from the McCarty board meeting and was exhausted. Marcus had been a champion as usual at keeping everything running smoothly when Julian was still distracted with what they now called the "V issue".

He entered his living room with the intent of pouring himself a drink and unwind, when the sound of a clearing throat stopped him.

"How...? What the fuck are you doing here?" he exclaimed, advancing to the corner of the room, eyeing the woman, and thinking, Damn keys.

Her legs were crossed, she had a cigarette in hand and was seated on one of his sofas; her pouty lips curving into a Cheshire cat grin as he was walking towards her.

"Hello to you too Julian...You were saying?" she said, still smiling.

"Frances...why are you here?" he asked in an impatient tone.

"Well, baby, I missed you. I've been gone a week!" she explained, relaxed.

She uncrossed her legs, flicked her cigarette and added with a smile, "Aren't you happy to see me?" staring at him with shiny eyes.

Tread carefully, he said to himself. She was entirely too happy being here. Something was up. He clearly recalled telling her they were over....

"Sure... How was your trip?" he asked, cautiously.

"Great! How was your week?" she replied in a light tone.

"Can I get you a drink?" he said while he turned his back on her and took steps towards the bar.

Anything, but talk about this week.

"Sure baby." she said, observing him like a hawk.

He made himself busy at the bar, thinking, what the fuck does she want? There's got to be something...

He turned around and brought her the glass of bourbon she asked for and waited.

She took a gulp, savoured it, and exhaled; still looking at him, smiling.

She got up, walked the few steps separating them and kissed him.

He stood stoically until she realized he wasn't responding to the kiss and she said, her tone somewhat incredulous,

"What is wrong with you?" looking at him puzzled.

"Frances, why are you here? I'm sure I didn't imagine telling you we were through..." he stated, impatiently.

"Oh? That conversation?" she tilted her head, a laugh in her voice.

"Yes." he ground out.

"Julian, we've done this dance before...You meet a pussy that interests and entices you enough... You reject me, your interest wanes, you take me back...How many times has it been in the past 2 years? 5? 7? I lost count... So, this time, I'm saving you the trouble. Have your pussy, whoever she is, I'm staying put..." she replied sheepishly, sitting back.

He hadn't moved, and was staring at her, until he finally said with coolness, "Not this time Frances."

"Really? What's different?" she looked amused.

"She is. I am...Never mind. Look, we had fun, a lot of it actually. And you know me better than most women ever have, but this time..." he replied with shortness, hoping she'd get the drift they were indeed done.

She tossed her hair, and said in a taunting voice, "Julian? You said it. I know you. You don't do alone too well and don't do relationships either. Nor do I. We both know it. This is why you have plenty of women chasing after you, and I, plenty of men. What we have is rare. We want nothing from each other but great sex and great company, no games, no pretence. I'd say we somehow love each other. It took us a while to get where we are and accept our flaws, so tell me, what does the pussy of the week have that makes you want to change that?"

"Frances..." he growled in a warning tone

She held up her hand, "No Julian. I want you to seriously think about it. I don't know who this girl or woman is. Obviously, she's got your interest for now, but I'm telling you, this game of revolving door we play only works if the door is actually revolving. You and I know each other inside and out, and no matter what we do, we don't judge and somehow always end up together. Are you in love with her? Are you telling me we are done for good? Because if we are, I will walk away, and not look back, but you owe it to me to tell me face to face. And be sure about it, because if she dumps you next week, my door will be closed...."

 

((~~!~~))

 

Frances Palmers had met Julian McCarty at the Viper Room, a night she was feeling particularly despondent and needed some fun and a quick lay. She had gone to the club mainly for the music, she wanted to dance, and it was close to her condo on Sunset. She had noticed him discreetly looking at her, while her body was undulating on the dance floor, and when their eyes met, she decided he would do for the night. Of course, she knew who he was, but she was Frances Palmers, she could have any man she wanted. She had smiled, and invited him to dance. Within 10 minutes on the dark dance floor, they was more humping than dancing, and unable or unwilling to wait any longer, they ended up having sex in one of the VIP booth, uncaring of who might see them. Thanks to the darkness, it seems no one had, as there were no tabloids reports the next day.

They hadn't exchanged phones numbers or names, and Frances thought, that's where it would stay. Two days later, she had received a call from Ari Strauss, telling her Julian had asked for her number. They shared the same agent. That fortuitous coincidence sealed the start of their relationship.

Frances was a free spirit, an A-list actress who simply didn't care about what people thought of her. She was talented in spade, -countless awards attested to that-, a beautiful red head with porcelain skin and dark blue eyes that seems to mesmerize anyone looking at them for more than a few seconds. The public loved her and had been faithful to her movies for the past 15 years, so it was enough for people in Hollywood to tolerate her eccentric and sultry personality. She had been associated romantically with a number of men, and women, was infamous for flying off the handle numerous times, was notorious for always doing as she pleased on set or in life, and no men had ever been successful at getting her to an altar. She had a 25 years old son, of unknown father whom was the most important person in her life. To say she was unconventional was an understatement.

When her steamy affair started with Julian McCarty and lasted over a few weeks, taking them both by surprise when they soon celebrated their 6 months anniversary, they both realized the relationship was working because neither of them had any expectation from the other. There was no commitment issue, they saw each other only when they wanted, the sex was great, they were free to sleep with other people if they took their fancy, but as months went by they seemed to be the permanent fixture in each other lives. Julian had several time broken things off with her when a 20-something crossed his path and caught his interest, but it never lasted more than 2 weeks and he always called her to resume their relationship. It suited Frances just fine, reassuring her that somehow Julian was hers, not matter which young, dumb bimbo spread her legs for him, when he had one his moments of weakness as she called them.

She and Julian had discussed the dynamics of their relationship, and it seemed for all intent and purposes, they were as a couple as they could ever be. Imperfect, some said utterly flawed, but a couple nonetheless.

Frances thought their relationship would go on for years, and nothing or no one would jeopardize it. Simply put, no 20-year old bitch could really compete with her and what she did to Julian between sheets, or on a table, or in the Jacuzzi...

The belief was firm as the Sears Tower, she thought. Well, until his last phone call a few days ago, that is.

He had dropped her off at LAX the previous Tuesday as she was due for filming in NYC for 13 days straight. When she had rung him the very next day to enquire about their plans for his birthday that was coming in up the following months, the hollowness of his voice as he told her they were through made her shiver. She had demanded explanations and he had refused to answer, ending the call.

She figured once again, he had met some 'distraction', and that it would quickly pass. But, when she had spoken to Ari four days ago, and he had told her Julian had cancelled his work commitments for the entire week, she knew this was something else but the usual inconsequential infatuation she had dealt with in the past, and decided she would fly back home on her first day off and see Julian for herself.

She needed to know exactly who was the bitch doing this number on her man.

Now here they were, she had played her cards and was waiting for his answer.

 

((~~!~~))

 

Julian sat right across Frances looking at her. It always shocked him how youthful she looked in spite of being 42. She could pass for a 25-year old. "It's the alabaster porcelain skin."  she kept telling him.

What she had said made a lot of sense. He hated admitting it, because after all, he was Julian McCarty and living in pussy galore land, and he would never lack in that department; but, a woman like Frances was far and in between to come by. She accepted him for whom he was, without judging. She wasn't after his money or what he could do for her. She was a sorceress between the sheets, and all this was not to be taken lightly, especially in the light of Vi disappearing act.

If he couldn't have Vi, Frances was truly the next best thing. Their relationship had it all. Almost.

She didn't even give me a chance, just packed and bolted.

Who does that?

He shook his head willing the question away, and said aloud, "Ok, Frances, you win."

"What do I win?" she asked, giving him a taunting look, her signature Cheshire smile on.

"Me." he replied in a low voice.

She got up to sit on his lap, looked at him and started to kiss him again. This time, Julian let himself loose and responded to the kiss.

Maybe if I fuck her, I'll feel normal again. Just maybe...

"Baby, I don't know who she was, but I am glad, you are coming to your senses..." she purred, sucking and biting his earlobe, provoking a moan on his part.

He could feel her hand unzipping his pants and freeing his manhood, as he was cupping her ass, when he heard the security gate bell.

They both looked up and stopped moving as to see if whoever it was would just go away; but no dice, the bell kept on buzzing.

Julian finally got up, readjusting himself while walking towards the main entrance to look at the video intercom.

 A 4x4 black escalade with tainted windows was stationed at the main gate, and a youngish man was staring at the camera from the driver's window.

Julian was puzzled, never having seen the man before, and asked, "Who are you?" He watched the young man's smile broaden as he replied,

"James Marshall."

  

 






Chapter End Notes:

You know what do! Constructive reviews only!







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.