Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Episode 13, Part 1

Time: Next day, Morning

Location: Newman Ranch

Victor sat on the couch reading the newspaper when his daughter Victoria came down the steps.  He knew something was going on with her but she refused to tell him what it was.  He was happy that she was living there as opposed to with that worthless cad she had chosen to marry.  Because of it, he didn’t push her for more information.  Eventually he knew she would tell him.

“Good morning dad,” she said as she walked over to the side bar to poor herself a cup of coffee.

“Morning sweetheart.  How did you sleep?”

“Good,” she said.

Victor noticed that she looked fidgety.  She looked as if she wanted to talk to him about something.

“Is something going on Victoria?  You seem out of sorts.”

“Well dad,” she said sitting down in an arm chair. “I wanted to talk to you about returning to Newman.  I think it is time. “

“Of course.  There is always a place for you at Newman. You can start when you are ready.  But I wonder what Billy will think about this.”

“Billy doesn’t signify in this.  It’s my decision.  I need something to do.  Something to fill my days.”

“I see.  Well I won’t ask any further questions.  I am just happy to have you back.”

“Thanks for understanding,” she said rising.  She walked over and kissed him on the head. 

“I will start this afternoon,” she said as she went back upstairs.

 

Location: Billy Abbot’s House

Chloe stood on the door step of Billy’s house hand in hand with their daughter when Billy opened the door.

“Hey.  It’s my two favorite girls,” Billy said opening the door.

“Daddy,” Delia squealed as she launched herself into Billy’s arms.  He lifted her high and turned and walked inside the house. 

Chloe smiled  at the obvious affection between father and daughter. 

“Daddy, can I have a cookie,” Delia asked. 

Billy looked at Chloe for her consent.   Delia had eaten her breakfast this morning without any complaint, so Chloe thought that she could have a little reward.  She nodded her head and held up one finger for Billy.

“Yes, my little peanut.  But you can only have one.  Do you need me to get it for you?”

“No, I can get it myself,” she said as she ran off into the kitchen.

“Still no Victoria, huh,” she asked.  She was pretty sure she was right since there were no signs of her around.

“No,” he said.  “But you know, the longer she stays away.  The less I miss her.”

“Don’t give up on her Billy.  You two love each other.”

Billy walked over to her and pulled her into a tight hug.  She placed her arms around his waist as a reflex. And her heart beat faster.  Being held in Billy’s arms was one of her favorite things.  It wasn’t a place she often found herself these days though.   Not because Billy wouldn’t want to hold her.  Because he would.  She knew that.  But because she didn’t allow herself the luxury. It would be too easy to fall back into her old pattern.  And that, she would not do. 

After a few seconds she leaned back to look up in his face and asked, “What was that for?”

He looked down at her and loosened his arms by holding her lightly around the waist.  He lifted one hand to cup her face.  “It’s a thank you for supporting me,” he said looking into her eyes. He seemed to be searching for something there.

“Billy.  You know I will always support you,” she said.  She heard her voice shake and prayed that Billy didn’t.  If he knew that he could still affect her, he would never let her live it down.  Nor would he ever stop trying to elicit some sort of reaction from her again.

 She dropped her hands from his waist and slowly pulled from his embrace before she allowed him liberties she would regret later.  When she got a foot away she thought he would let her go but he didn’t. He moved the hand from her side to curl his arm around her waist again. He pulled her roughly towards him.

“I know you do.  It’s by far the sexiest thing about you,” he said in a husky voice that was accompanied by a smoldering look. 

She knew that voice and that look. He was about to try to kiss her. And just as she predicted he began lowering his head.  Before he could make contact she lifted her hand and placed her pointer finger over his lips. 

“Absolutely not Billy Abbot,” she said.  “Now let go of me.”

He let her go and stepped back.  “I’m sorry Chloe.  I shouldn’t have done that,” he said looking down.

“Oh Billy, I am use to you by now.  No hard feelings.”  And she meant it.  She knew better than to take him seriously. “But what is going on with this woman.  Is she still in town?  Have you seen her again?”

“No I haven’t. “

“Well, do you want my advice,” she asked.

“I know that this is where I would normally say no.  But I find that I actually do want it,” he said.

“Wow, this is a first.  I think I might need to write this down.”

“Don’t get used to it,” he said smiling.

“Okay.  Why don’t you ask her to take a paternity test right now? This way you will know for sure if the baby is yours without waiting months for the baby to be born.”

He smiled brightly at her.  “I knew there was a reason, besides your beauty, that I like having you around,” he said.

“Daddy. Daddy. Look, I got it all by myself,” Delia said running back into the room.

“That’s great baby,” he said.

“Well I have to go,” Chloe said bending down to look Delia in the eyes.  “You be good at school today.  And I will see you this afternoon at your play.”

“Okay,” Delia said. “Bye mommy.”

“Bye,” she said kissing Delia on the cheek.   She stood and looked at Billy. “Later,” she said as she turned and headed for the door.

“No kiss for me, huh,” he asked playfully.

She didn’t respond as she walked out.

 

Location: Cold Winter Records Studio

Devon sat in his studio looking at his phone willing it to ring.  He had called Roxy and texted her numerous time.  But she wouldn’t answer.  Nor did she call him back.  He was about to dial her again when Tucker walked in.

“Mornin Devon.”

“Hi,” he said.

“I have good news for you.  The doctor will meet you at the hospital at 2,” Tucker said with a smile.

“Thanks.”  As much as Devon was excited about this surgery and possibly hearing again.  He had other things  on his mind.  He had more important things in his life not going right.

“I thought you told your mother you were excited.  You don’t seem excited to me.”

“No, I am.  It’s just that I have other things going on.”

“Is it something that I can help you with,” Tucker asked concern. 

“No.”

“Are you sure? Sometimes it helps to talk about things,” Tucker said.

Devon remembered the things Tucker had told him about his relationship with his mother.  The look on his face as he spoke.  He knew that if anyone understood, Tucker would.  Normally, he wouldn’t confide in Tucker but he was feeling desperate.

“It’s Roxy. She broke up with me last night?”

“Oh.  I am sorry.  What happened?”

“It’s a long story.  Suffice it to say that she is ready to get married.”

“Okay. And I take it that you’re not.”

“I had this plan for my life you know. I wanted to build my career first then start a family. But Roxy has other ideas about it.  She is ready now.  I could lose out on the one dream that I hold in my hand while I am out chasing another.  If I never become successful in the music business, I can live with that.  But I  don’t want to live my life without Roxy. Before I could even tell her this, she broke up with me.  I understand why, but I feel like she could have at least given me a couple of days to get everything in order.”

“Do you love her,” Tucker asked.

“Yes, with all that I am.”

“Then fight for her.  Don’t let her walk away from you.  Don’t let some other man take what belongs to you.  What should be yours. You will regret it the rest of your life,” Tucker said solemnly.

Devon knew that advice Tucker was giving was personal.  It was based on his own experiences with Harmony and the choices that he made.

“You do love her don’t you,” Devon asked.  There was no reason to clarify who she was.  Tucker knew of whom he spoke.

“With all that I am,” he repeated Devon’s words back to him in a low hoarse voice while looking him in the eyes.

 Devon believed him. He could see the same feelings he had for Roxy reflected in Tucker eyes.  Only they were for his mother.

 “But she doesn’t trust me now,” Tucker continued looking.  “She’s afraid of me. Afraid to be with me.”

“Then fight for her,” Devon said with a smile.  He knew that his mother loved Tucker and wanted to be with him. When he told Tucker that he wouldn’t stand in the way, he meant that.

“I plan on it. I will never give up on her. And don’t give up on Roxanne.  So go out and buy her a ring. She may be mad now but when you present her with it, I guarantee all will be forgiven.”

Devon wondered if that was Tucker’s plan. He doubted it.  He didn’t think Tucker would be ready to get married again so soon after the divorce.  He thought it was amusing that Tucker would give him advice that he wasn’t taking himself.

“Is that what you plan on doing for mom,” he asked with a smirk.  Already sure of an answer.

“No.  Harmony is way too stubborn and jaded for that. That wouldn’t work with her. I will have to do something else. Something more drastic.   Besides, I already have her ring.  I bought it this past weekend.”

Devon was shocked.  He hadn’t expected that.

“You seem surprised,” Tucker said.

Before he could respond his phone rang.  He pulled it out to look at the caller ID.  He hoped it was Roxy but the caller ID said that it was his dad Neil. 

“Excuse me Tucker,” Devon said as he answered the phone. “Dad, what’s up?”

“Hey son.  Can you come by Bell today?  I have something I want to discuss with you. And no, I don’t have time to get into right now.”

“Okay,” Devon said laughing. “I will be there later.”

“Great, see you then.”

“Bye,” he said as he hung up the phone.

“Sorry about that. But are you saying that you are ready to marry my mom.”

“Yes.  She’s the one.”

Part of Devon was scared for his mother.  Despite believing Tucker loved her, he still wasn’t sure Tucker could be trusted to protect her. She was fragile.  And she needed someone who understood that.  He didn’t mind them dating but he hadn’t bargained on them getting married. But then the other part of Devon was elated.  His biological parents together was a dream that he had since he was a little kid.  And now it seemed that it was about to happen.  He didn’t know what to say or think. But he knew one thing.  Tucker had better not hurt his mother again.

“Tucker, I just ask one thing.  Please don’t hurt my mother again. She’s fragile.”

“Harmony is precious.  But she is not fragile. She has more strength than anyone I know.  And more will power too.  But I won’t get into that, “ Tucker said smiling.

“Please don’t,” Devon said with a frown.  He was sure that Tucker was talking about the physical.  It was something about his tone that gave him away.

“I won’t.  But I have to go,” he said heading for the door.  “Don’t give up on Roxy.”

“Bye Tucker.”

“Bye,” he said as he walked out the door.

 

Location: Restless Style

Phyllis sat at her desk trying to come up with inspiration for her blog when her phone rung.

“Restless Style, Phyllis Newman,” she said as she answered the phone.  It was her source from the hospital. He informed her that Harmony had collapsed from exhaustion but there had been speculation about whether she was pregnant.  She thanked her source and hung up her phone.

Phyllis thought that this was juicy information and didn’t know whether she would run it as a cover story for the magazine or as a blog piece.  Before she decided, she thought that she might try to get a quote just to gauge the truth of the situation.

She rose and went to the new assistant’s desk.

“Tammy,” she said. “Can you locate Tucker McCall’s number for me?”

“Why do you need it,” she asked.

“Because, I need to get a quote about this story that I am trying to run about him and Harmony.”

“What story?”

“Well, my source says she is pregnant.  And if she is and the baby is Tucker’s, this is proof of his cheating.  And if it is not Tucker’s baby, then it shows that Harmony is-,” she said before cutting herself off. “Why am I explaining this to you?”

“No.  We are not running that story Phyllis.  Find something else.”

Phyllis was taken aback by her outspokenness.  She was almost speechless. Almost. “And who are you to tell me what story I can run,” she asked Tammy.

“I am someone with an undergraduate degree in English from NYU and a master degree in journalism from Columbia.    One who has ethics.  One who knows that you can’t print this story without knowing whether it is true.  It’s a lawsuit waiting to happen.”

“Oh please, no one is going to sue us.”

“You’re right they won’t,” Tammy said standing.  “Because we are not printing this story.”

“Have you forgotten that I am the editor of this magazine and you are just the receptionist?  I do not answer to you. You really are working on getting fired.  That’s really what you are doing.”

“You may be the editor, but you are not the owner.   Thusly, the buck does not stop with you,” she said. “Let me just call Billy right now for a decision,” she said picking up the phone dialing. 

 

 

[IMG]http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh521/ajsp35801/Pamela.png[/IMG]

 

[IMG]http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh521/ajsp35801/Callie-1.png[/IMG]

 

Location: The Jacob’s House in LA

Pamela was excited about the move to Genoa City.  She would be closer to her step son and her future father in law.  She had met John about 4 years ago after she had woken up in a hospital with two broken legs and a fractured pelvis.  He had been in after having a bad accident.  She had no memory of what had happened to her nor who she was.  All she knew was that she was pregnant.  And because she didn’t know her own name, she had no hope of finding out the biological father of her child.  She had made her peace with that.  Besides, John was a great father to their son.  He hadn’t officially adopted him although he had convinced her to put his name on the birth certificate when he was born.  They had named him Neil Walter Jacobs.  Pamela never told anyone why she chose those names.  And John never asked.  She had been having these dreams about the same people for years now.  One of them was a man named Neil.  She didn’t know whether these were memories or just a figment of her imagination.  But they seemed so real and vivid.  There had been a time where she had searched to see if she could find the people from her dreams.  But with only first names and, in some cases, no names.  It was difficult.  So she had given up.  It had taken John a long time to convince her to let her past go and move on towards the future with him.  He was so good to her that she reluctantly agreed.  Her reluctance was not because she didn’t love him, but because she didn’t know who she was.  But she had decided to put those fears behind her and embrace her future.  To just be happy.

She was in the kitchen packing when her son’s nanny, Calista, came in. 

“Hey Pam, do you need any help. I am done packing Walt’s things.”

“Yes, I do actually.  Thanks,” she said as Callie sat down and began wrapping china in newspaper.

“So how are you feeling about the move,” she asked.

It really annoyed Pam when people attempted to treat her as some fragile bird.  She knew that when she first got out of the hospital she had been a little skittish but those days were long past.

“Callie, you know I love you.  And you know I am happy you have decided to move with us.  But you’re working on getting cursed out.”

Callie laughed softy.

“Sorry.  Old habit.”

“Well it is one you really need to lose.  Did you call your uncle to tell him the news yet?”

“No, I want it to be a surprise that I am moving to Genoa City.”

“Well I am sure he will be very excited.  So you know that we are supposed to go to this arts gala Saturday night.  They got all of us a tickets.  So, we will need to find a sitter for Walt.”  Pam had been trying to get Callie to date since she came to work for them.  The girl just seemed to not be interested at all. She sometimes thought that maybe something had happened to her in the past.  Something painful that had just turned her off from men altogether. 

“Oh no.  I will stay with Walt.”

“No, you are going.  And that is final.  I will call Bell and ask for a recommendation for a sitter.”

“I am not sure about leaving Walt with just anyone.  We would really need to do background checks and all that before we could leave him,” Callie said.

Pam knew that she was just coming up with excuses.

“I will call the CEO himself if it will make you feel better about leaving him with someone.  As a matter of fact I think that is exactly what I will do. Really, you need to get out more.  Live a little. Use it before you lose it girl.  You know what I am saying.” 

Pam decided then and there that she would not only make sure that Callie went to the gala.  She would also make sure she had a date.

“I know what you are saying Pam.  But I am fine. I promise you.”

“So, we should go shopping tomorrow.  Now, let’s talk about something far more entertaining. What will we wear?”

 

Location: Chancellor Mansion

Kay decided to bring Harmony breakfast to save her from having to get out of bed.  She wished that she would take at least the full week off but Harmony insisted that she would go to work tomorrow.  When Kay reached her room the door was open so she walked in and found Harmony sitting on her couch watching TV.

“Good morning dear, I brought you breakfast.”

“Thanks Katherine.  You didn’t have to do that.”

“I know I didn’t,” Kay said putting the tray down on the coffee table. “But I wanted to do it.”

“Okay,” Harmony said with a knowing look.

“What,” Kay asked innocently.

“Just say it.  I know you want to ask me about what went on with Tucker last night.”

“The thought had crossed my mind,” Kay said sitting on the bed.

“Tucker and I had a disagreement.”

“What kind of disagreement?”

“The kind where you break it off with someone,” Harmony said looking down.

“I know you two had recently starting seeing each other.  I think everyone knows that.  But why break it off so soon?”  From where Kay could see at the party, they were happy.  She had never seen her son so content.

“Because we just weren’t meant to be.”

“I saw the look on his face when he left last night. You hurt him.  Which means he genuinely cares about you.  I mean truly cares about you.  I think he loves you.  It seems to me that you two are more than meant to be.”

“I love him too.”

“Well that was also obvious,” Kay said laughing.

When Harmony didn’t say anything else, she decided to make a confession.  “You know why I wanted you to stay with me? “

“No.”

“Because of Tucker.  I know Devon thought it was because of him.  And it was at first.  I thought it would help him to know that you were safe.  But then after I saw the way that Tucker reacted to the idea of you leaving, I knew…well, let’s just say, I knew that he wanted you here.  And I wanted to give him an opportunity to have you here.  To have his family close. “

“What did me being here have to do with Tucker having a family.  He had a family with Ashley when I came to town.”

Kay sighed loudly.  Once again she wondered how people survived without her guidance. “You don’t really believe that do you? “

Harmony remained silent.

“Children bond you.  Regardless of how or why they get here.  They bond you.  In a way that marriage never will. So just because Tucker was married to Ashley, doesn’t make them a family.  I don’t know if you have heard this story before but Jill had a child with my husband.  A bond that I couldn’t hope to compete with.  I would never tell her this but I know he actually did love her.  In a way that he never loved me. So, trust me when I say, Tucker did not have a family when you came to town.  But I think he has one now.”

Kay noticed that Harmony looked like she was taking in and analyzing what she had said.  Since she had her ear, she decided to continue.

“Now I don’t know the reasons for this spat but I know that you two love each other.  And I think that is worth fighting for.  It’s clear that you want him.  You want to be with him. So fight for what you want. Don’t give up on him. Fight.”

“I’ll think about it,” Harmony said.

Kay was exasperated.  She saw where Devon got his stubborn attitude. 

“Listen, I know he can be impulsive.  Relentless.  And sometimes unfeeling and cold.  But I think underneath it all is a man who is worth loving.  And that man loves you. He has chosen you.”

“Yeah, but not when it counted,” Harmony said frowning.

“Come on.  This is your second chance. Are your really going to throw it away?”

“No, I’m not,” Harmony said smiling.  “But if Tucker chooses to then that’s on him.”

“You and I both know that this choice falls on you.  You can choose to love Tucker and be with him despite his faults.  Tucker needs a reason to try to be a better man.  You have the power here.  Not him”, she said standing and walking towards the door.    “You have it. Use it,” she said walking out.

 

Time: Mid- Morning

Location: Crimson Lights

Victoria stopped off at Crimson Lights to get some coffee before going in to work at Newman.  She ordered her usual and went out onto the patio for moment of privacy to clear her head.  She was a little nervous at how she would be received at work after so publically fighting with her father over the last few years.  But she was happy to be going back where she belonged. 

She stood at the table facing the wall filling her cup with sugar when she heard Billy’s voice behind her.

“So, you just ignore Delia’s birthday?”

She sighed deeply and turned around.  This was the last person she wanted to see today. 

“Billy. Listen. I am sorry.  I just didn’t want to deal with all the drama.  I knew that if I came, the focus would have been taken from Delia.  You wouldn’t have been able to give your daughter your undivided attention.”

“Okay.  Fair enough. But where are you staying?”

“I am staying at the ranch.”

“So I was right, huh.  You have run back to daddy. You have chosen him over me.”

“Billy. It’s not like that at all.”

“Then how is it,” he asked snidely.

“Not like that.”

“Fine.  But we need to talk. We need to clear the air,” he said through gritted teeth.

Victoria was ready to talk.  She had gotten past her wanting to avoid the situation.  She was willing to talk, but she didn’t have the time right now.

“Billy, I can’t talk right now.  I am starting back at Newman this afternoon and I have a meeting with Nick and Adam that I need to prepare for.” 

Besides, they had an audience now.  A man had come outside too.  Probably for the same reason that she had.

“Are you saying that you are working for your father now too,” he said angrily.  “After all that your father has done to us.  Done to break us up.  You choose to go back to him.  I thought that you were done with this.”

She was getting upset.  How dare Billy be resentful of her job?  She needed something to take her mind off of him possibly having a baby with someone else and for not having Reed, her son, with her every day.

“How dare you begrudge me?  I need this,” she said getting angry also. “And it is not a choice.  You act like I am choosing my father over you.”

“You are, aren’t’ you,” he said and walked out angrily.  In his willingness to exit, he bumped hard into the man who had come out.

 

 

Location: New Enterprises Offices

Nick walked into Adam’s office and sat down.  He was actually getting used to not being so antagonistic with Adam.  Things always went better when Sharon was not mentioned.  And to Adam’s credit, he never mentioned her.

“So dad tells me he gave you Damon Porter’s contact information for your project.”

“Newman’s project brother.  And yes, he did.  But Damon can’t do it.  He gave me the name of someone who could do it.  And she already has the products developed so we could probably get them on the shelf sooner than anticipated.”

“Tell me about her,” Nick said.

“Well, she is a newly minted PhD in chemistry.  Her name is Tyra Hamilton,” Adam said pushing a folder across the desk to him.

“Tyra Hamilton? I know a Tyra Hamilton.  She used to be the manager for Indigo.  Is this the same person?”

“Read her resume.  If she is that person, then it should be there.”

Nick opened the folder and did a quick survey of her resume.  And he saw it listed.  This was the same person.

“It’s her.  She was always very professional,” Nick said aloud.  And one of the most beautiful women he had ever seen too he thought to himself. “Have you spoken to her yet?”

“No, I have not.  Dad has said that we must work on this project together.  So in the spirit of togetherness, I was waiting on you to show up. I didn’t want to make the offer without your agreement.”

“Well, I agree.   Let’s give her a call now.”

 

Location: Restless Style

Tammy sat at her desk shuffling papers. She was fuming.  It really galled her that people like Phyllis Newman could get jobs without any formal training or education, while she had it all but struggled.  There was no way that Phyllis should be the editor of this magazine.  From what she could tell Phyllis knew nothing about journalism.  She didn’t even adhere to simple ethics.  She had called Billy but he didn’t answer.  So she left him a voicemail letting him know that his presence was required.  Her phone rung and she answered it without looking at the caller ID. 

“Hello,” she said.  Her annoyance was evident.

“Oh no. I don’t like that tone. Tell me what’s wrong so I can fix it for you beautiful.”

At the sound of his voice, Tammy immediately felt herself relax.  It was like all the stress and anger lifted away.

“Nathan.  How are you this morning,” she asked in a softer tone than the one she answered the phone with previously.

“I’m fine.  But you don’t seem to be. “

“Oh, I am better now that I have heard your sexy voice.”  And that was no lie. His voice was extremely sexy and hearing it did make her feel better.

“Mmmm,” he said and her stomach fluttered.  “Okay.  You don’t have to tell me but just so you know, I would do anything for you. Anything to make you happy. To keep you smiling.”

She felt herself blushing and couldn’t stop.  She looked up and noticed Phyllis staring at her.  She swiveled her chair around facing the wall and away from prying eyes.

“Nathan,” she sighed as she blushed deeper.  He always did have the ability to make her feel special and desired. 

“So, I just wanted to make sure that we were still on for tonight.”

“Of course.  I wouldn’t miss an opportunity to spend time with you,” she said.

“So, I will pick you up at 6.”

“I will be ready.”

“You won’t be ready.  But I don’t mind waiting for you either.”

“Let me rephrase.  I will try to be ready,” she said.

“Good morning people.  How’s the shop running this morning,” she heard Billy ask.

“Nathan.  Billy’s here.  I have to go. I will see you later okay.”

“Okay.  I can’t wait.”

 

Location: Crimson Lights

Justin had come outside at Crimson Lights just in time to hear the last of the argument between a man and a woman.  The man had bumped into him without an apology, but he wouldn’t hold it against him.  The spat was intense.  The woman now seemed on the verge of crying.  He felt sorry for her so he couldn’t just walk away. 

“Hey,” he said as he approached her.  “Are you okay?”

“Yes, thanks I am fine,” she said.

“You don’t seem fine.  Why don’t you sit down and gather yourself,” he said holding out the chair for her.

“Thanks,” she said sitting down.

He sat down opposite from her and said, “Is there anything I can do?  Get you a refill of your coffee? Hire a hit man to take him out,” he said smiling.

 “No. That won’t be necessary. Although I did think of the hit man myself,” she said as she laughed in return.  And her face lit up.  Justin thought she was striking.  And for some reason his interest was piqued. He knew it was a bad idea since she seemed to be already involved.   But he couldn’t help himself.

“My name is Justin by the way. Justin Barber.”

“Barber? Any relation to Dru and Olivia,” she asked.

 He should have known that she would know his cousins.  It seemed that everyone around town did.

“Yes.   They are my first cousins.  Now you know my name, but I don’t know yours.”

“Victoria Newman.  I mean Abbot.  Victoria Abbot.”

“Nice to meet you Victoria whose last name she is not sure of.  You seemed to be feeling better.  And since I have a meeting in a little while. I need to be going.  I was only here to get a cup of coffee,” he said standing up.

“And became my hero,” she said with a smile.

“Hero.  I like that.  My mother would be proud,” he said and walked away.

 

Location: Newman Enterprises Offices

Adam was surprised that Nick agreed with any course of action he chose.  There were times when Nick would disagree just to disagree because it was his idea.  Adam hoped that this was the beginning of him getting along with Nick.  It seemed that they had tacitly decided not to discuss Sharon.  And that was for the best.

He dialed Tyra’s number and after a few rings heard a sultry voice say, “Hello.”

He looked at Nick questioningly and Nick widened his eyes in the affirmative.

“Hi. Tyra Hamilton?”

“Yes, this is Tyra.” 

Adam noticed that Tyra’s voice was turning him on.  He hadn’t had that happen to him with a stranger before.  And especially not over the phone.

“Tyra, this is Adam Newman at Newman Enterprises.  We were given your number by Damon Porter.  We’d like to offer you a position as head chemist for Newman Cosmetics.  You come highly recommended.”

“Thanks,” she said in the same sultry voice. “But I am not sure that it is a good time for me to move there.”

“Well, let me tell you more about what we are trying to do first.  Then you decide.”

“Okay.  I am willing to listen.”

“We are trying to expand one of our brands to include products for black women who are no longer chemically straightening their hair.   We were told that you had great products that were begging to be put into the market.”

“I do have products.  But I am not sure I want to lose the formula to some big corporation.”

“Ah, I see.  How about we not only hire you as head chemist, but we also purchase the formula’s from you.”

“I repeat.  I am not sure I want to lose the formulas to some large company. “

Adam looked towards Nick once again.  Nick shrugged his shoulders.

“Help me out,” Adam silently mouthed.

“Tyra. Hello again.  This is Nick Newman.  I often times came into Indigo when you were the manager there. I was wondering if you remembered me?”

“Yes I do Nick. How are you,” she asked.  Nick could hear the smile in her voice although the tone didn’t change.

“I am great.  It seems that you have been doing great things since you left us poor saps here in Genoa City.”

“Well, I am passionate about my chosen field.”

“So we’ve heard.  Now tell me. What can we do to induce you to move back?  You’re familiar with the area.  You know people here.  As a matter of fact, your sister moved back here not that long ago I hear.  You have family in town.  So it must be that you have reservations about Newman.”

There was a long pause.  Then she said, “I have spent quite a bit of time developing these products.  I admit to being a little sentimental about them.  However, I do feel like they should be on the market.  I really believe in them.  As a matter of fact, I use them myself.”

“I am impressed Tyra,” said Adam. He looked at Nick who placed his hand up to silence him.

“Tyra, just tell us your terms and we will see if we can meet them.”

“Let me think about it and get back to you.”

“Let me give you my cell so that you may call me directly,” Nick said.

He gave her the number and assumed she wrote it down.

“We look forward to hearing from you.  Thanks for your time,” Adam said.

“Thank you,” she said as she hung up the phone. 

When he was sure the line was dead, he turned to Nick and asked, “Is she as sexy and she sounds?”

“Think of the most beautiful woman that you know.  Now magnify it times 10.  That is Tyra.”

“And you and she never,” Adam said leaving the sentence open knowing that Nick knew what he meant.

“What? No,” Nick said.

“Oh, so I guess that means that you are not into black women then.  You are not attracted to them or something,” Adam asked.  He was just curious.  He had met many attractive black women over the years.  But none of them seemed very interested in him.  He wondered if most of them just weren’t that into white guys in general.  Or if it was just something about him that they didn’t like.

“I have met plenty of attractive black women that I would have liked to get to know better.  Plenty.  Let me reiterate.  Plenty.  Tyra included. But I haven’t been in a position to pursue anything with anyone since I was 18.  Of course I got married young and then I sorta fell into this thing with Phyllis.”

“Oh, that’s what they are calling it nowadays.  Falling into a thing.” He didn’t even know why Nick was using that as an excuse anyway.  He had never had any qualms about cheating on both Sharon and Phyllis.  But maybe he liked to limit himself to only 2 women at a time in his harem.

“Why did I even bother being real with you.  Moving right along. Tyra says that she uses the products. She is beyond beautiful.  Why don’t we use her as a spokemodel?  You know.  These products are so good, I use them on myself type of campaign.”

“I like it brother.  If only we could get her to accept,” Adam said.

“I might have an inside track.  Let’s give her a few days before we recruit backup.”

“Alright.  I will follow your lead,” Adam said.

 

 

Location: Restless Style

Billy had gotten numerous phone calls from both Tammy and Phyllis this morning. They seemed to be arguing about a story.  Apparently, one wanted to run the story and the other didn’t.

“Billy, I need to speak with you,” Tammy said as she hung up her phone.

“Your Editor takes precedence over a receptionist,” Phyllis said walking up to Billy.

“Ladies. Ladies.  I am only one man.  Everyone will be heard.”

“Tammy,   why don’t you go first,” he said looking at her. 

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” Phyllis said staring up at the ceiling.

Tamara smiled at him and began her story. 

“Phyllis wants to run some story about Harmony Hamilton being pregnant when she has no clue if it is true or not.  I think it is unethical and a liability to the magazine.”

“And just in case you didn’t know, this is a gossip magazine,” Phyllis said pointing her finger.

“Last time I checked, we were listed as a fashion magazine,” Tammy countered looking down at Phyllis’s finger with a glint in her eye.

He had seen that glint many times before when they all lived in New York.  She was on the verge of retaliating against that finger.  And probably with a slap.  The last thing he wanted was a physical altercation between Phyllis and Tammy.  So, he stepped between them.

“I agree with Tammy.  This hits too close to home and I wouldn’t want my sister finding out this way.  We won’t run the story.”

“Billy, you can’t be serious,” Phyllis said walking off towards her desk.  “You just can’t be serious.”

“I am,” he said following her.

“So you are going to let this little know it all receptionist come in and change how we do business.  I mean really.  Come on.  Who is she to dictate anything?”

“Phyllis,” he said lowering his voice as he looked over his shoulder at Tammy who was glaring daggers their way.  “Lower your voice.  Tammy is Roxanne Davis’ sister.  Roxanne is Devon’s girlfriend.”

“Ah, I see. “

“No you don’t see.  She is also a friend of mine.  Well really, she is Chloe’s friend.  Her best friend actually. So I need you two to get along because she isn’t going anywhere.  I already have enough drama. I don’t need any from Chloe because of Tammy.   Besides, you owe me after getting me in trouble with Vikki last week.”

“Okay. I will try to get along with her.  But I can’t make any promises.”

 

Location: Bell Communications Offices

Devon stopped at the door to his dad’s office at Bell Communications.  He knocked on the open door and Neil looked up at him.

“Dad,” Devon said. “You wanted to see me?”

“There’s my son.  And yes, I wanted to see you. Come in and sit down.”

Devon walked in and took a seat across on the other side of Neil’s desk. 

Neil picked up the phone on his desk and dialed a number.

“Sherri, can you ask Justin and Chris to come to my office please,” he said.

“Thanks.”

“This must be important if all of you need to be here,” Devon asked. 

“Well I think I will need back up.”

Devon was getting nervous.  Like a kid who was waiting to be reprimanded, he started to think about all the things he had done over the past couple weeks that Neil could have heard about. 

“If this is about something that you heard that happened at a club, I promise you that it is probably embellished.”

Neil laughed as Chris walked in.

“Precious.  Glad that you could make it.”

“Hey Chris.  Mind telling me what’s going on?”

“I wanted to wait on Justin,” Neil said.

“He is not here.  He went out for coffee.  Apparently, living in New York all those years changed him.  He is now a part of the designer coffee set,” Chris said.

“Oh well, let’s get started then. So Devon.  We asked you here to make you a job offer.  Here me out and promise to think about it before you say no.”

“Okay,” Devon said smiling.

“Well, we are starting a media productions company.  We want you to be the president.  You get to hire your own staff and even name it.  Now I know this is not what you wanted.  And I won’t guilt you into anything.  However, this company, and any other company that WinterCorp acquires, is going to be yours.  I was just hoping that you would want to be a part of building it. This is a family company. The Winters legacy.  And that legacy starts with you as my eldest son,” Neil said. 

Devon looked at Neil’s face and then at Chris’.  They both wore the same expression.  One of pride and love.  And that love was for him.  Even if he wanted to, how could he say no to such looks from such men.

“You know something.  Now I know why you and Dru were such a good match,” Devon said as Neil smiled.

“Why is that?”

“Because when you want something you always go straight to the big guns.  Tug on the heart strings.  I don’t think I ever told you this.  But do you remember when Aaron Neville sang at the opening of Indigo and I couldn’t hear him.  This was before the implants.”

“Oh yeah.  I do.  And you disappeared.”

“Yeah. I was upset that I couldn’t hear him so I left and went to Crimson Lights.  Of course Dru being Dru, she found me.  I knew what she wanted before she even spoke and I told myself no matter what she said, I wouldn’t give in and go back.  But she brought out the big guns. She said, “If you don’t go back, you will break your father’s heart.”  How could I say no to that?  So I went back and you two had an interpreter there for me.”

“I remember,” Neil said misty eyed. “The signing was just as beautiful as his singing.”

“Yeah, it was.  So, to answer your question, I will accept the job.”

“Thank you son.”

“No thank you. “

“Okay.  Okay. Enough of this sappy talk.  I swear you two are about as bad as Justin. “

“Who is as bad as me,” Justin said as he walked into the office.

“These two here.  Why did it take you so long?  Did they have to grow the coffee beans.”

“I got side tracked by a beautiful woman,” Justin said sitting down.

“A woman? You? What would Donna say,” Chris said is mock horror.

“I am sure she would have something to say.  Living women usually do.  But that blow up doll that you sleep with every night would remain silent.”

They all laughed.

“I am going through a dry spell. But don’t worry.  I vow to have a date for this gala coming up,” Chris said.

“We’ll see,” Neil said.

“Oh, you doubt me,” Chris said.

“For someone who claims to have such skills with the ladies, you are always dining alone,“ Justin said.

“Let’s make a bet. I will have a date.”

“I’ll take you up on that,” Justin said.  “We can work out the particulars later.”

“Okay.  Enough about my cousins pitiful love life. Devon, tell me why you accepted this job.  I really don’t want to guilt you into it,” Neil said.

“Roxy.  I have concluded that she is right. It’s time we married.”

“Are you sure?  You had this plan for your life mapped out,” Neil said concerned.

“And that plan includes Roxy.  What would be the point of me becoming this big music mogul without having Roxy beside me?  I would feel like something was missing. My life would be incomplete without her.”

“I get it son.  I do. And I am going tell you something.  Not a day goes by that I don’t wish for Dru at my side.  Roxy is a good woman. I think you are making the right choice.”

“So do I,” Justin said pensively.

“Don’t start Justin. Just don’t,” Chris said. “I also think you are making a great choice Devon.”

“So, have you picked out a ring yet,” Neil asked.

“No,” Devon said. “But I need to do it as soon as possible.  Roxy broke up with me last night because she didn’t know what I was planning.”

“Oh, don’t worry about it.  She will be fine once you give her the ring,” Chris said.

“That’s the same thing that Tucker said.”

“Devon. A little respect please.  Don’t ever compare me to Tucker,” Chris said.

Devon couldn’t figure out whether he was serious or not. So he went on with the topic.

“Oh, I have some news about Tucker and my mom.  It seems that he is ready to marry her.  He claims to have purchased her an engagement ring.”

Neil sighed loudly, which was just the reaction Devon expected.

Chris smiled, which was not at all the reaction Devon expected.

“I am happy for her,” Justin said.  “She loves the guy.”

“Yes, she does.  I really wish she didn’t though. I just don’t trust him,” Neil said.

“He seemed pretty genuine to me,” Devon said.  “And I want my mom to be happy. Being with him would make her happy.”

“Chris,” Justin said. “You are awfully quiet.  I would think that you would have something to say.”

“I have decided that Dimples should get what she wants. She wants Tucker.  A piss poor choice. But as long as she is happy and he treats her right, I have no complaints,” Chris said.

 

 

Time: Afternoon

Location: Fenmore’s  Offices

Roxy sat her at her desk reading through files when she heard a knock at her door.  She looked up and saw a delivery man standing in the doorway. 

“Yes,” she said.

“I have a delivery for Roxanne Davis.”

“I am Roxanne,” she said as he walked in carrying a small box. 

“Here you are,” he said handing her a box.

“Thanks.”

“Oh, and you have to sign for it.  Sorry that it wasn’t ready on time.  It was supposes to be delivered yesterday but there was an issue with the engraving.”

Engraving, she thought.  Who would be sending her something engraved?  Maybe it was another gift from Chance. Or from her father.

She signed the paper on the clipboard and the delivery man left.  She picked up the card on the box and read it aloud:

Foxy,

Since I can’t be with you at work, here’s a chest full of kisses until I can see you again.

I promise to keep this just as full as my heart is with love for you.

~Devon

As she read the card, he throat became dry.  Whatever this was, he must have bought it before their break up last night.  She opened the box and pulled out a treasure chest about the size of a brick.  It was very delicate and covered in rhinestones.  She opened the chest and it was filled with Hershey’s kisses, which were her favorite candy.  When she saw the candy her, her stomach began to hurt.  This was so like Devon. He always remembered the little things.  When they first began dating, she told him that she would rather have candy than flowers.  Flowers were pretty to look at and they were nice in their own way until they died.  But chocolate was something she could really enjoy.  And from that day forward, he would always bring her chocolate. 

The delivery man had mentioned that the box was engraved.  She emptied the chocolate on her desk and turned the box over.  There in gold script was:

To our future as one

Roxy sat the chest down on her desk.  She walked over and closed her door.  She leaned against it and began to cry. 

 

Location: The Jacob’s House in LA

Callie picked up her phone and dialed her uncle’s number.  He answered on the first ring.

“Hello,” he said.

“Uncle Tuck.”

“Callie Girl, how are you,” he said excitedly.

“Great. And you?”

“Good.”

“First things first, Sophia told me that you divorced Ashley.  What happened?”

“More like Ashley divorced me.  It seems she found someone better.”

“Not possible.  You’re the best man I know.”  Her uncle had his faults but he was a great guy.  And if Ashley didn’t see that then it was her loss.

“You know.  If you were still 10 I would think you were angling for a new pony with that kind of praise,” he said laughing.

“If I were 10, I probably would be.  Seriously, I am sorry about Ashley.”

“I am not sorry at all,” he said.

She knew that tone too.  He had moved on.

“Already Uncle Tuck.  You already have someone new. Unbelievable.” She loved her uncle but she also knew that he was a bit of a player.

“Well, I wouldn’t call her new.”

“Devon’s mother,” she gasped.

“How did you guess,” he said.  She could hear the smile in his voice.

“Tabloids.  But I didn’t really give much credence to them.  Uncle Tuck, I have to warn you.  If you are going to get involved with her, be prepared for it to effect whatever relationship you have with Devon.   You have to be serious with this.  If you mess over her, Devon will never want you to be a part of his life.”

“I know. But I would never disappoint her in that way again. I am in love with her. You need to meet her Callie.  She’s smart, beautiful, feisty, and sweet.  She is such a sweetheart.”

“Wow.  Are you trying to get her to buy you a stable of ponies Uncle Tuck?”

He laughed heartily. “No horses.  Do I sound that bad?”

“Yes.”

“I love her Callie.”

“I can tell.  And does she love you?”

“Yes,” he said.

“You say it so boldly,” she said laughing.

“Well, I am sure.”

“That’s great.  It really is.”

“So tell me.  Are you moving to town with John and his wife? Soph would be so excited.”

“I haven’t decided yet,” she said.

“Well, even if you don’t move. You should visit.  I want you to meet them both.  Devon and Harmony. Then you have to see little Moe.  Pictures don’t do him justice.”

“I’ll bet.  Okay.  I will make plans for a visit soon.”

“Good.”

 

[IMG]http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh521/ajsp35801/DrStephenHillsboro.png[/IMG]

 

Location: Genoa City Memorial Hospital

Olivia stood off the side waiting for the doctor to finish examining Devon.   She knew he was nervous so she decided to join him for moral support once she heard that the doctor would be here at the hospital to examine him.

“Well, everything looks good. Devon, I think you would be a good candidate for the surgery.”

Olivia walked over and patted Devon’s thigh.  He looked up at her and smiled.

“So when can we do the surgery?”

“Whenever, you’re ready.  I can do it tomorrow if you like.  Or some other time.  But if we don’t do it while I am in town in the next couple of days, you will need to fly out to Denver to get it done.”

“I can’t do it this week.  I have to start my new job. So I will probably fly out next week. Let’s say Wednesday,” Devon said standing.

“Okay.  I will put you in the schedule.”

“Thank you,” Devon said extending his hand.

“No thanks needed,” Dr Hillsboro said.

Devon then turned to her.

“Thank you for coming to be with me Aunt Liv,” he said kissing her on the cheek.

“Uhm hum.  I am just so happy for you.”

“Me too,” he said.  “But I have to go.”

“Okay, be careful.”

“You are such a worrier,” he said as he walked out the door.

She turned back to the doctor.

“Thank you again,” she said. “Our family appreciates this so much.”

“As I told Devon, no thanks are necessary.  However, I was wondering if you had any plans for tonight.  I don’t know anyone in town and have always found it unsatisfying to eat alone. Maybe I could take you to dinner. “

“Oh, I think I would like that,” she said.

 

Location: New Enterprises Offices

Victoria walked into the conference room and said, “Hello boys, did you miss me?”

They both turned towards her and smiled.  But the smile only reached one brother’s eyes.

“Hey, Vick,” Nick said standing and walking towards her.  “Are you back at Newman?”

“I am,” she said as he kissed her cheek.

“Good.  This company needs you.”

“I think we were doing fine without you myself,  but I am glad you’re back,” Adam said

“I bet,” she said looking at Nick.

 “We need someone to go on donut runs,” Adam said.

“I am not going to even dignify that.  So tell me what we are doing.  What’s out next project?”

“Well, Adam here has decided to expand our Safra line with hair products for Black women are going natural.”

“Oh, that is a great idea.  But I do wonder,” she said looking at Adam.

“Wonder what,” he asked.

“Where you got the idea.  It just doesn’t sound authentic.”

“My thoughts exactly Vick,” Nick said.

“What can I say?  I am in the know.”

“Anyway,” Nick said.  “We have a feeler out for a new chemist who already have products developed.  You will remember her.  Tyra Hamilton.”

“Devon’s aunt.”

“Yep, the one and only,” Nick said.

“And your brother here has come up with the idea of her also being the spokesmodel for the products since she uses them herself.”

“I like this,” Victoria said. “But you say feeler.  Which means, she hasn’t accepted yet.”

“No she hasn’t.  I was thinking of speaking to Neil about it if she says no.  Maybe he can talk her into it.”

“That’s a good idea.”

 

Location: Outside of Delia Preschool

Billy was headed to his car with Chloe and Delia.  Both were holding a hand as she swung between them.  She had been the best flower of all the flowers in her school play.  He had decided to take them all out to get something to eat and to his delight, Chloe agreed.  He loved spending time with just the three of them together.  When he was with them, he often regretted the choice he made to divorce Chloe.  To this day, he still didn’t know why he did it.  Well, he did know. Mack. He thought she was the love of his life.  She had been ripped away from him before it got started because they thought that they were related.  Turns out that they weren’t.  And he, like a fool, wanted to recapture that.  He didn’t want to live the rest of his life wondering what could have been.  But he had traded one set of regrets for another.  Because now, he felt the same way about Chloe.  And what was worse was that this time in included Delia.

“So where are going to eat,” he said looking at Chloe.

“How about we let the munchkin here choose,” she said.

“Okay.  Where do you want to-,”

He was cut off by the sound of a woman’s voice close behind them.

“Hello Liam.”

His stomach droped.  The last thing he needed was for Chloe to have his sins thrown in her face.  Of course she knew about the existence of this woman.  But knowing and seeing were two totally different things.

“Chloe, can you take Delia to the car,” he said before he turned around.

Chloe turned as they all faced Chelsea. 

“So is this your daughter.  I hope our baby is girl.  And if she is half way as pretty as her, she will be a knockout.”

“Be quiet,” he said through clenched teeth.  “Chloe, please just go to the car and wait for me.”

“No Billy, I-“

“Sweetheart,” he said slowly.  “This is not the time to go into pitbull mode,” he said pointing down at Delia.

“Fine,” she said walking off.  “Let’s go Delia,” she said aloud.  Then he heard her mumble, “apparently we are too delicate to hear this conversation.”

“Don’t ever approach me when I am with my family,” Billy said when Chloe and Delia were out of range to hear him.

“Your family?  I thought that you were married to Victoria Newman?”

“I am. But it’s not your business.”

“Since my baby and I will soon be a part of your family.  I think it is my business.”

“You know what.  I think we should do a DNA test on the baby as soon as possible.”

“When the baby is born-“

“No,” he said cutting her off.  “Let’s do this now.”

“If you insist,” she said.  She took out a piece of paper and wrote her number on it.  “Contact me and just let me know where.”

Billy was surprised at how quickly she agreed.  But he still wasn’t going to take anything she said at face value.

“I will call you,” he turned and walked away.

 

Location: Dr. Taylor Hayes Office in LA

After Tyra received the job offer from Newman Enterprises, she was at a lost.  So she did what she had been doing the last few years when she felt this way.  She called her therapist for an emergency session. 

“Tyra, I think this job offer is just the catalyst you need to force you to face people that you have been avoiding.  Don’t you think that it is time to face up to your mistakes?  Start the healing process with your family? You’ve been dodging them for a while now,” Dr. Hayes said.

“I know.  But the embarrassment over the choices I made is just as strong now as ever.”

“I thought that we had worked through this.”

“We did.” 

She was just still feeling guilty over it, she thought.  She felt that she had done to Devon what had been done to her.  It didn’t matter that he was an adult when it happened.

“Okay then.  You know that those choices were a direct result to what happened to you as a child.  Your associating any loving male relationship to your molestation is normal.  You were trained to think it has to be sexual.  You understand this right?”

“Yes.  I get it.”

“Okay.  If you sit down with your family and explain it all, they will understand.  And if they don’t, then at least you will have tried.”

“Okay.  I will call my sister.  Start with her.”

“I asked you this before.  Your aunt’s husband.  Do you think that he molested anyone else in the family?  From what you have told me about how things happened, I think he may have.  Your sister may also have been one of his victims.  Her chronic drug abuse is one of the signs.”

“I don’t know,” Tyra said.

“Either way, I think it is a conversation that you two need to have.”

“I will call her tonight.  No matter how hard it is.”

“And tell her that you are taking the job and moving to town,” the doctor asked.

“And tell her that I am moving to town and taking the job.”

“Good.  I will also find a therapist there for you.  So you can continue your sessions.”

“Thank you Dr. Hayes.  I appreciate everything that you have done for me.”

“I am happy to help. You have come so far Tyra.  I want to see you continue to be strong.  Live the life that you want to have.”

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.