Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Mercedes took a deep breath before pushing the double doors and making her way into McKinley High. This was her first day of senior year and she was already praying for graduation day. She had once loved this school even with the possibility of being slushied just for walking down the halls but her love had increasing deceased until it all but disappeared from her heart. At this moment she hated everything and everyone in this building especially him after the incident.

As she walked down the hall she tried not to think about the incident as she saw people whispering and staring at her. They snickered and pointed and she felt even lower than she did before. She was wrong to think they would forget even though the incident took place about 2 weeks before her junior year ended. No, students at McKinley remembered every bad moment; it was the good moments that they forgot. No one remembered how she had talked down Kurt Hummel from the school roof when someone outed him. Come to think of it, Kurt Hummel himself didn’t remember she did that as she saw him talking animatedly with Rachel Berry, arms linked. They passed her without a sideways glance. No one not even her former best friend remembered her good ways. They all remembered her on camera doing......NOOOOO she said to herself she would not think of that today. All she wanted to do was get through her first day without that ugly incident raring its head at every single moment.

But she knew that was fertile, while she might try and put the incident at the back of her mind, she knew that was all people thought of when they looked at her. Not only people at school but her parents, people at her church, hell even people at the grocery stores gave her looks, sometimes curious (trying to figure out if it’s her) or those judging looks from older folks who made her out to be some she-devil.  That’s why she rarely went out over the summer; the only place she went was to church. She usually sat at the back; she tried sitting at the front but she could feel the heat of the pastor's eyes on her as he devilled her sermon. He had actually taken one a Sunday to deliver a sermon to the church about sinners like her. All throughout the sermon, she could feel the stares and the tears coming down. She had tried to make a run from it but she mom had grabbed her arm forcing her to sit back down saying, "You need to hear this." Since that incident she sat at the back, hoping the Pastor Johnson's eyes would find her.

She shook her head and chastised herself for letting her thoughts stray to the past. She was going to get through this day. She was going to try and have a good day despite all the heartache.

She arrived at her locker and took some books out of her bag and placing some on the top shelf leaving her first period English books in her hand. As she turned closed her locker and turned around she felt something cold on her face and her vision blurred.

"SLUT", was all she heard, and then she heard laughter. Loud unapologetic laughter from her peers around her. No one came around to help her, they just stood and laughed

 

She could feel the tears coming as the red slushie dripped down her face. She tried and failed to stop them. There she stood in the hallway of McKinley high with tears in her eyes, red slushie all over her face and new white top and all of peers laughing at her humiliation.

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.