Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Something that was on my mind. 




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

Cast: 

 

Jack Swenton 

 

stories/1212/images/g.jpg

 

Kelly Swenton

stories/1212/images/f.jpg

 

Destiny Swenton 

 

 

 

June 1998

 

“To whomever this may concern, I’m writing this out of the courtesy of leaving a piece o f me behind, if that even makes sense. I’m horrible at writing, at least that what my English teacher told me: She’d always say: ‘Jack, Can’t do Jack!’ all the kids will laugh and I’ll just storm out the classroom.  For the past 19 years all I did was disappoint people. I’ve been a horrible mistake that my mother planned to keep. She wasn’t a bad mother, but she sure wasn’t a damn good one. Single mother with a child that switched schools so many times that there weren’t any more left, and momma wasn’t about to move for me to get an education. So I was a drop out, and now drink. People tell me you’re going to kill yourself with all that drinking. Well damn I wish it killed me all ready. I’m knocking on deaths door just writing this. I really have nothing more to write, I have nothing to give anybody. Nobody really cares about me, I don’t know if my girlfriend even cares. But if you read this Kelly I’m kinda of glad I’ve met you. You give the best head babe!    Well this is good bye.”

                                                                                                            Jack

 

Jack got up from the kitchen table in his one bed room apartment and picked up the Glock off the table and placed it next to his temple.  He took a swig of what he thought would be his last beer. He decided to finish the bottle and drank the rest.

He was fed up of living; he had nothing to live for. His mother was no longer in the picture, and even though she wasn’t really a mother to him she was all he had.

Jack placed his finger on the trigger and was ready to end his life for good. He could taste death. He wanted it so bad, but  fortunately death didn’t want him.

Right when Jack was about to end his life there was a knock on his door. Ignoring it Jack concentrated at the task ahead. Jack began to count down to his death, then the knocking began again and this time it became more incessant.

“I know you’re in there Jack. Open this damn door!”

 

It was Kelly.

 

‘No No No!’…. Jack wasn’t about to let Kelly ruin his plan. She wasn’t suppose to be here. He began to sweat.

 

Jack began walking around in circles, thinking of what to do next, he didn’t want her to hear, no one was suppose to hear.

 

‘You should've just  pulled the trigger already’ Jack said hitting his head with the gun.

 

“Jack I can hear you in there, come open this door I have something to tell you.”

 

Jack walked towards the door, but stopped. ‘Don’t open the door, just pull the trigger now; it’s the bitch's fault, she wants to be here.”

 

“Jack come on, it’s really important.” Kelly begged

 

Jack stood in front of the door with the gun in one hand while biting the nails on his other hand.

 

“JACK!” Kelly began screaming.

 

“You need to open this fucking door; I have no place to go… I…I…”

 

“Go home Kelly.” Jack decided to say something.

 

“I can’t… that’s why you need to open the door before I break it down.”

 

Jack opened the door with the lock still attached therefore it only opened slightly revealing his mouth. “Go the fuck home NOW!”

 

Kelly used all her force and pushed the door causing the chain lock to pop off sending Jack backwards.

As Jack fell backwards the gun went off missing Kelly by a few inches and targeting the door.

 

Kelly jumped back causing her to hit her head against the knob of the door sending her unconscious.

 

Jack jumped up thinking the bullet had hit Kelly.

 

“Damn it, I knew I shouldn’t have opened the door.”

Jake lifted Kelly in her arms as she lie limp in them, looking as if she had no life.

He checked for the bullet hole but didn't find one. He sighed with relief and placed her on the bed and sat next to her.

 

Jack began to rub his face hard. What did he do. He ran his hands through his hair, then looked up and saw where the bullet had gone.

 

Jack got up and closed his door and picked up the gun. He sat at the kitchen table and held the gun and his suicide note in his hand.

“Damn you Kelly” Jack said aloud, wanting her to hear him.

.~.~.~ .~.~.~ .~.~.~ .~.~.~ .~.~.~ .~.~.~ .~.~.~ .~.~.~ .~.~.~ .~.~.~ .~.~.~ .~.~.~ .~.~.~ .~.~.~

Kelly got up rubbing her head. Not remembering where she was, she called out Jack's name.

 

“Jack?”

 

Jack jumped when he saw Kelly sitting up on the bed. He put the gun, note and fresh beer down on the table.

 

“You ok?”

 

“Yeah I’m fine, what I’m trying to figure out is why you were trying to kill me.”

 

“You came at a bad time Kelly.”

 

Kelly eyes roamed over Jack. He looked horrible, like he hadn’t eaten or slept in days.

 

“What’s your problem?”

 

“You’re my problem, coming here knocking down my door.”

 

“I came because I have something for you.”

 

“Well give to me and get going.”

 

“Jack I’m pregnant and my parents kicked me out when I told them its yours, I don’t have any place to go. Jack please.”

 

“You’re what... who says its mine.”

“You’re the only person I’ve ever been with Jack.”

Deep down Jack knew Kelly wasn’t lying, but he was just about to commit suicide and now he’s going to be a father. Life can be pretty fucked up.

Kelly got up and walked towards Jack. “Look I’m not exactly happy about this. I don’t know what to do, so I came to you.”

Jack looked Kelly in her eyes, searching for something.

“Will you stop looking at me like that.”

Kelly passed Jack and headed straight for the note. Jack reached it before she did and crumpled it and placed it in his pocket.

 

Kelly crossed her arms and looked up at Jack.

“Why do you have a gun.”

 

“Why do you ask so many questions?”

 

“Look, Jack what are we going to do.”

 

“No, Kelly what are you going to do.”

 

“Jack I can’t do this on my own.”

 

Jack sat back down at the kitchen table and placed his head on the table.

Just a few hours ago going to kill himself, what was he really going to do.

 

Kelly came up next to him. Jack placed her in his lap and lifted her shirt and placed his ear against her still flat tummy.

Right then it hit Jack. Suddenly he felt he had a reason to live. He swore right there and then that he would make things right for whatever was coming. He wanted to be the dad he never had.

 

.~.~.~ .~.~.~ .~.~.~ .~.~.~ .~.~.~ .~.~.~ .~.~.~ .~.~.~ .~.~.~ .~.~.~ .~.~.~ .~.~.~ .~.~.~ .~.~.~

 

 “Daddy come on, Mommy and I want to start the movie, we are waiting on you!”

 

“I’ll be right out Destiny, give me a minute” 

 

Jack put his suicide note back in the shoe box and placed it back in the closet.

 

Today, he had re-read the suicide letter he wrote that day on June 1998, when he was going to kill myself, but right before he did his girlfriend showed up and told him she was pregnant. Instantly those words changed his life forever. He suddenly felt he had a reason to live. Kelly is his wife today and they have been married for fourteen years, they haven’t been the easiest years, but he loves her for saving his life and showing him what true love is. Destiny really does know how to find you and bring people back to a point of realization. They named their first and only child Destiny. She has truly been a blessing to them.

Jack re-reads his suicide letter from time to time to remind him of how grateful he is for life and for second chances. He swore that day that he would make things right and be the best dad he could be.

Jack went down to the living room to watch a movie with his two favorite girls.

“What are we watching tonight?” Jack asked

 

“We are watching ‘Daddy’s Little Girls’” Destiny replied pressing play on the remote and sitting next to her father while he massaged his wife's feet.

 

“Daddy!”

“Yeah Destiny”

“I love you!”

“I love you to Pumpkin.”

Kelly kissed her husband cheek. “I love you to Jack.”

 

Jack knew that his decision that day was because of Destiny. 






Chapter End Notes:

:) 







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.