Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

this story was inspired by the contrversy that was caused by SleepEasy in one of her stories. personally i loved it and think she is a wonderful writer. the reactions to that story had me thinking and this collection is a result. I make no promise about update because at the moment there are issues going on in my life and i will update when i can. the first two reflections are based on my thoughts. I knonw not everyone relate to my story but i do want to address things from the point of view of others. so if you have a suggestion please leave it in comments or pm if you  want and i will try to address them. 




Author's Chapter Notes:

this will be short reflections depending on my mood.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Oreo. Wanna-be. Traitor.

All names I have been called at one time or another. Of course, these are some of the nice names. The reason for the names? It is really simple actually. I do not fit the narrow scope of what being an African American woman supposedly means. I do not act "ratchet" or "ghetto." (Which is not a bad thing in itself there is just a time and a place for everything.) I usually use proper English and grammar and have been told by almost everyone that I sound like a white girl. I personally think I sound like I have some common sense but it is whatever. I listen to all kinds of music I just prefer not to be cursed out or told all I am good for is sex. Sorry if that offends anyone but I am not sorry about the way I feel.

Do not get me started on men and dating. For all the men out there just because I choose to not only date black men does not mean I have an identity crisis. All it means is that I am open to dating anyone I feel with a connection to. Second, just because I date outside my race does not mean I am not attracted Black men. Definitely not true, that would be like saying just because I like chicken means I do not like steak and vice versa. Variety is the spice of life and I am not going to miss enjoy it because it upsets other people. If I lived like that, let us just say life would be really boring and depressed.

It took me years to come to terms with the fact that I do not society's expectations and to be okay with that. In all honest it was not until I met my best friends. But now that I have accepted who I am, I refuse to allow anyone to make me feel bad about it. So for the people who think they have the right to tell me how to live my life. I have two words for you.

FUCK OFF.

 

This Oreo is proud of who she is and nothing is going to changes that.






Chapter End Notes:

please review







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.