Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


DECEMBER 2016: HIS RORY II

Aurora stretched and rolled over to find out that this wasn't her bed. She jerked her head up and read the bedside clock 1PM in bright red numbers.

The clothes she wore weren't hers either for sure.

"Nice of you to finally arose from your slumber Sleeping Beauty"

"Sean?"

Aurora looked up to see Sean in the doorframe of the bedroom with a smirk

"I brought you here last night remember?"

Embarrassment washed over her as she now remembered how much of a bitch in heat she acted like.

"...sorry"

"Hey you're not first female to throw themselves at me"

"I'm probably the first you turned away though"

"Rory" he said gently but seriously now and sat down on the bed next to her "you know why I said no"

"Whatever" Aurora said getting up wishing she hadn't made her feelings so vulnerable "I need to go home now where's my dress?"

"I'll drive you home and you some clothes to go home in" Sean insisted "you're not going home in that piece of cloth you call a dress"

"Are you hungry?" he went on to say, "I can make some more pancakes"

"No"

"You need something in your stomach" he ignored her "you can wash up and get dressed the food should be ready"

 

Sean just got finished flipping the last pancake when he heard his doorbell ring.

It was Saturday so he wasn't sure who was at his door plus he had only been back in town for less than a week. He wasn't ready to see anyone yet.

"Well, well, well look who's back in town"

"Lauren what the hell are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing big boy" she flirted with him "aren't you supposed to be on the road with your team?"

The last person Sean wanted to see right now was Lauren fucking Fisher now everybody would know that he was home if she opened her big mouth.

"None of your damn business" he said sternly trying to close the door but Lauren managed to shove her way through the door anyway.

"Smells like your famous pancakes" she said "having a late breakfast? I'd be happy to join you"

"Didn't invite you to"

"Oh Sean don't be that way" Lauren said as she wrapped her arms around his waist "you sound frustrated have you been going through a dry spell because I can help with that"

"Damn I forgot how hot you were" she went on to say, "tell me are you still good at making my eyes roll back into my head"

Sean tried pushing Lauren off of him but she just kept persisting. When Sean finally grabbed a hold of her wrists he led her to the door to kick her out.

"What the hell---"

"Goodbye Lauren"

"Sean?"

Silence fell when Aurora came into the living room and looked confused at the interaction between them.

"Rory..."

"Oh my god are you fucking kidding me?" Lauren laughed harshly "you're fucking that black dyke from high school now?"

"Lauren!"

"No" Aurora said gently but firmly "it's okay Sean I'll go"

"I'm giving you a ride home Rory---"

"I can catch the bus" she cut him off "and don't you tell me no it's one in the afternoon"

"Rory---"

"Goodbye Sean"

With that said Aurora left without another word. Sean stood in the same spot looking at his front door as if Aurora would change her mind and come back in but clearly that wasn't the case.

"Finally she's gone" Lauren said flipping her long blonde hair "I thought she'd just stare at us the whole time c'mon Sean let's eat these pancakes before they get cold---"

"Out"

"What?"

"You heard me Lauren I said out"

"Nobody puts me out----"

"I just fucking did Lauren get out!"

"Fine but I know you Sean Patrick Sullivan you'll be calling me back before long"

"LEAVE!"

Lauren stuck her nose up in the air and made her way out the door and Sean slammed it behind her.

Sean grabbed his keys to his car and his coat to go after Aurora.

 

Wiping her tears away Aurora was mad at herself for even crying over him. The bus pulled up and she dug into her purse to get out the change that she needed and climbed aboard.

What the hell was wrong with her? It had been over ten years since she seen Sean.

He was her friend however walking in on both him and Lauren she realized that was all she'd ever be. Just a friend.

Aurora shook her head at the silly notion she wasn't sixteen anymore she was twenty-nine going on thirty. She knew that just because she really liked Sean at some point didn't mean he was going to like her back. 

At the same time it still hurt while she did appreciate that he let her stay the night she also had to remind herself that was all that was.

Sean wasn't interested in her he was no different than the other young men she had gone to high school with; but what pained her was that he wasn't always like that. In fact it was their senior year of high school that the two of them strayed away.

Senior year Lauren Fisher had entered the picture.

Once Aurora got to her apartment she saw that she had a few hours before she had to go into work. She had to change and get ready but realized that she was wearing Sean's clothes which meant she would still have to see him again.

Aurora looked at the old battered marked up bag of sugar from eleventh grade on her dresser she still had after all these years. The sugar was probably expired too. Truth be told no matter how much she denied it she never really got over Sean Sullivan and the candle had been rekindled.  

 

Sean had checked almost every if not all of the bus stops around town and did not see Aurora and he had been looking for over an hour now. Fuck Lauren. Who the hell did she think she was?

Sean had cut Lauren off well into the second half of his college career as soon as she found out he was serious about his NFL career plans. All Lauren cared about was dollar signs and being a trophy girlfriend to be wife on his arm; that and the constant sex they had.

He felt like an idiot because she had been his off and on girlfriend since he was at least seventeen. It was the last straw when Lauren openly mocked Aurora in front of her face.

Sean sighed he figured since Aurora was wearing some of his clothes she'd eventually come back and return them. Not that he cared about the clothes since they could be replaced but Aurora was irreplaceable.

As he pulled into his drive way his phone buzzed and saw that he had multiple text messages. All of them from his twin sister Sarah from the looks of it Lauren must have ran to her to tell her what happened.

Of course since Sarah couldn't stand Aurora she ate up whatever bullshit Lauren most likely told her. Scrolling down he saw that his mother had also texted him and his father. His mother Carol sounded concerned and worried while his father Hugh sounded annoyed.

The phone rang

"Hello?"

"Sean sweetie is everything okay?"

"Everything's fine Mom"

"No son everything isn't fine" Carol Sullivan said "I haven't heard from you in months and now Sarah is telling me you're having women trouble how long have you been back home anyway?"

"Two weeks"

"Sean Patrick Sullivan" his mother scolded, "you've been home two weeks and you haven't called or stopped by the house?"

"I've got a lot on mind Mom"

"Why are you back home anyway I thought you'd be away for the season"

"I'm on suspension for the rest of the season---"

"What? Oh my god Sean what happened?"

"Mom calm down it's not that serious---"

"Yes it is Sean you worked too hard for this to be thrown away"

"It's just for the rest of the season I didn't permanently get kicked off the team"

"One suspension is pretty close to getting fired to me"

"Are you going to tell me why you got suspended?"

"Physical altercation with one of the security guards"

"Sean you can't be serious"

"I am Mom"

Carol sighed on the other end of the phone. It was true though and with good reason too.

This was three months ago Sean had just finished doing an interview with a young sports journalist who had to be about twenty-two or twenty-three. He was impressed with her she was very professional and didn't try to flirt with him like the other journalists did. She was a good kid.

Sean showed her the way out to leave before he went to the locker room to go change. When he was leaving himself Sean caught one of the security guards pinning the young woman to a wall and his hand was snaking up her skirt.

That was all Sean needed to see was that pig sexually assaulting this young woman and he gave him the ultimate beat down. The beat down resulted in his suspension and the journalist felt guilty and she even tried to plead with the coaches to reconsider their decision.

Sean knew what he did was right if he hadn't the bodyguard would have actually raped the young journalist; so he didn't feel ashamed at all. Hell Sean wouldn't be surprised if the bastard voted for the Cheeto since he felt so entitled to grab this young woman by the pussy.

"Are you going to tell me why?"

"Maybe another time Mom"

"Just as stubborn as your father"

"Your sister told me that Lauren called her to get in contact with you" Carol said disgusted since she couldn't stand her "you two had an argument earlier today"

"Mom I think you'd be pretty pissed too if your ex kept popping back into your life"

"True" she agreed "though I can't say that I didn't warn you about her numerous times before I never did like that girl"

"Yeah I know Mom" Sean replied wishing he had followed her advice years ago.

"Sean" Carol said softly now "Sarah also mentioned your old friend Aurora is she okay?"

"I don't know Mom," he said honestly "what did Sarah say about her you know she never liked Rory"

"I know that doesn't change the fact that you two used to be two peas in a pod"

"Yeah" Sean said wondering where she was now "we were"

 

Aurora took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

"Come in"

"Mitch"

"Aurora" Mitch smiled "you're here pretty early your shift doesn't start for another hour"

"I wanted to talk to you"

"Sure baby come sit right here" Mitch said patting his knee. For the first time since Aurora had worked for him she felt weird out by his invitation to sit on his lap.

"I'm fine"

Mitch frowned at that

"You always sit that fine ass of yours on my lap why are you acting brand new all of a sudden?

"Look Mitch I don't think I'm going to be able to work tonight" she admitted "I have a lot on my mind right now"

"So you'll be back tomorrow night then?"

"Well I'm not entirely sure"

"What?"

Aurora bit her lower lip as Mitch stood up and her legs trembled a little at how strong his voice came off now.

"You aren't thinking of leaving are you?"

"Well I've been thinking---"

"You've been thinking what?"

"I'll be thirty in a few months" she said, "I went to school for stem it might be time for me to move on from this"

Mitch chuckled "Are you fucking kidding me? You're really going to walk away from all this money?"

"Mitch---"

"You like all the attention these men give you remember?" he said "don't you like being seen as a woman isn't that the reason why you started stripping tomboy?"

That last bit he said was meant to insult her and Aurora tried not to let it get to her.

"I know that I'm a woman" she replied "but I'm also educated too aren't you a high school dropout?"

Mitch's face grew mean and cold now

"Who the fuck do you think you're talking to like that?" he demanded "don't forget bitch I made you who you are today"

"Mitch please---"

"No!" he barked now gripping her wrists "who put these ideas in your head anyway? Was it your little friend you had in here the other night"

"Mitch stop!" Aurora kicked him "you're hurting me!"

Mitch drew Aurora close to him and drew a huge whiff from her body and looked in her eyes once more.

"You smell like him" he accused "did you fuck him? he's got you dick whipped or something?"

"It's none of your business---"

"It is my business!" he cut her off "you can shake your ass all you want for your clients all you want but you don't fuck them understand you fuck me and me only"

"I don't need you---"

"You wouldn't be shit without me and you know it!"

Mitch slapped Aurora so hard she fell backwards and she got a huge cut on the side of her face.

"Mitch..."

Touching the side of her face Aurora took her hand away to see blood and the white-hot pain set in from the open cut.

"Get up!" he snorted, "it's not that bad!"

When Aurora didn't get up fast enough Mitch yanked her up harshly by her arm forcing her to get up.

"You wash all that blood off and you get ready for work you hear me!?!"

Aurora still held her hand to her face and shook her head at Mitch and left without a word.

"YOU GET BACK HERE YOU UNGRATEFUL LITTLE BITCH!"

It was all Aurora needed to hear to know she had made the right decision.

 

Sarah: I'm coming over in the morning so we can talk about what you did to Lauren

Me: I didn't do anything to her. All I told her was to get lost.

Sarah: She's a nice girl I don't know why you and Mom don't like her

Sean snorted at Sarah's last text he loved his twin sister very much but damn she was persistent about Lauren or any other girl that she would like to see him with. What part of no did she not understand?

Sean also had not told his mother why he was suspended but he could see that his mother wasted no time informing his father about it send he was now blowing up his phone too.

It was only seven in the evening and he felt drained between Lauren ratting him out and wondering where Aurora was he was tired. Sean was about to dig in his fridge for a beer and go lay down when he heard the door bell ring.

Now who the hell could that be?

Hopefully it wasn't Sarah it was bad enough he would have to deal with her tomorrow morning.

"Rory?"

"Hey Sean"

"Rory come inside" Sean said "it's cold out here I don't know what you're wearing but that's not even a coat"

"What's wrong with your face?"

"No" Sean said firmly but gently as pulled her inside from the cold air "let me see your face Rory"

"......."

Ignoring her Sean pulled Aurora's hood off to see that she had a nasty huge cut from the bottom of her eye to her lower lip.

"Shit! Rory what happened?"

"Rory I can't help you unless you tell me what happened" Sean said "you're bleeding and you'll probably need stitches too"

"....He hit me" she finally said "he hit me and I fell"

"Who hit you?"

It felt like pulling teeth at this point but Sean needed to know who did this to his Rory

"I guess I was asking for it" Aurora said "what I said did piss him off---"

"Bullshit" Sean said cutting her off "I don't care what you said Rory whatever you said you didn't deserve this"

"Tell me who did this to you Rory" said giving her a warm wet washcloth to put on her cut. Tears now rolled down her cheeks and she whispered

"Mitch"

That was all she needed to say and Sean went to his closet and got an extra coat

"Sean?"

"We're going to the hospital you need stitches"

"I don't have any insurance" Aurora said "I can't afford it the money I have is for my rent and food"

"I'll cover it" Sean promised "Rory I've got you okay?"

"Okay"

Even if Sean never liked her back at least Aurora knew that somewhere deep inside she knew that he was still her best friend.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.