Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Feedback is welcomed. Thank you for taking your time to read my first story.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Pushing myself up, I quickly retied my hair into a bun. Closing my eyes, I tried my best to recollect my thoughts before being interrupted by a low, grunting sound. Pausing, I shifted my eyes over to watch his movement. He repositioned himself towards me.


“Where are you going?” His husky morning voice asked.


“The bathroom.”  Getting up from bed, I made my way to it. I peeked over to see him staring at me. My cat, Izzy jumped on top of him, pulling his gaze away as I closed the door. 


Splashing water onto my face, I stared at myself allowing my mind to run.


I was curious to what he saw in me. It had been nearly 3 years since my last relationship. It was my first and it scarred my self esteem deeply. I wasn’t the ideal . I wasn’t bubbly, smiley, outgoing,  nor easily excitable. I kept my curls untamed, had a vocally lowered tone than most girls, sported a simple outfit of a leather jacket, well worn jeans, and a tee shirt. A simple outfit for a simple girl, at least I’d like to describe myself as so even though it wasn’t true. I was complex and avoided developing anything more than an acquaintance with people who came into my life. My heart and emotions were closed off; I did not want to deal with my feelings nor did I want to develop feelings for him. I wanted nothing other than sex, but I secretly wanted more, but not with him. 


I made my way back to bed glancing away from him as his eyes roamed my figure. 


 


“What are your plans for today?” He poked.


“I have a couple of errands to run then probably stop by my mother’s house for a bit. Why?”


“ If you have time, stop by the bar tonight.” 


I nodded and returned my attention to Izzy, who was now seated between us. 


“ See you tonight then,” He got up from bed. “I better get going to work.” He grinned and leaned over giving me a quick kiss on the lips. He quickly got dressed and left. Sighing, I crawled under the covers. Izzy cuddling besides me, I closed eyes and returned to sleep. No shift at work was available, so I had free day to do whatever. Awaking only 30 minutes later, I took a shower, played with my hair in the mirror, applied a little makeup, and dressed in my simple outfit. Walking out of my apartment, I cursed under my breathe at the amount of traffic that consumed the main road in front of the building. My short errand run that was usually 2 hours took 4 hours to complete with all the traffic. I didn’t get over to my mother’s house until 2pm. Walking into her townhouse, her cats welcomed me, followed by her boyfriend, Sean who was leaving to pick up some stuff at the grocery store. My mom was sitting on the couch in living room crocheting.


“Hey mom,” I greeted her as I sat down.


“ What have you been up today?” 


“Nothing much just errands.”


My mom smiled at me and this time going me a compliment,” You look pretty today.Are you wearing makeup?”


“Yea, a little bit.”


“Busy.”


“No, I have a few days off work. Want to go anywhere?”


“I have plans,” She smiled widely, “ Sean and I are going to the beach house tomorrow. His niece is going to watch the cats and dog while we are gone.”


“How long?”


“ 3 days.”


I leaned back on the recliner, sighing in response. “Ugh, I need to make friends.”


“Yes, you do.”


“You shouldn’t be talking.” I jeered back causing a laugh to spill from her.


“ How do you expect to find someone if you only go to work and return home? Go out, have fun, go clubbing!” 


I watched my mom wiggle her hips while seated. I smiled, holding back my laughter.


“ I was invited by an acquaintance to go out. I think I’ll go now.”


“Good!”


It would be another hour or so before I left my mom’s place and went home to freshen up.


I made it to the bar close to 8:30pm. Pulling in to the parking lot, I spotted Luke’s car and groaned. Even tough, Luke was a nice guy, I had no intentions of pursuing anything else and he knew that, but he constantly pushed. Opening the bar’s door, I was instantly hit with a sense of regret. Luke waved me over and I complied. He was surrounded by friends. They all smiled and greeted me nicely before returning to their conversation. Taking a seat next to Luke, I ignored the ongoing chat and allowed my gaze to wonder around. The bar was dimly lit, license plates, old photos, and adverts covered the dark walls, while booths and tables were shattered among the floor. 


“ Is everything okay?” Luke asked pulling me from my sightseeing.


“Yeah, I’m just taking this place in.”


“Its pretty awesome. I have been coming here for nearly 5 years now, well since I found out about it. I know almost everyone who comes here.”


I nodded and watched as Luke got re-absorbed with his friends and with that I took my opportunity to make my way over to the counter. I wasn’t much of a drinker nor did I care much for beer, so I ordered the only drink I knew, vodka and soda. Awaiting my order, I felt as though someone was staring at me and my body tensed up. Turning around, I scanned the bar hoping my senses was wrong, but it wasn’t. Our eyes connected and stayed that way until I felt a tap on the bar alerting me that my drink ready. As I paid the bartender, I felt a chill course down my spine. I peered down and allowed my eyes to travel up and connect to his again.












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.