Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This chapter is along one so I will be posting it in 2 parts.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


5


I texted Shaye that morning as I got up needing a little advice on where to go from here with Kale. The date had been perfect but this seemed a little too good to be true. Everything was moving too fast and truth be told I was a little scared about the strength of my feelings for him. I’d spent all night going over the date and my interactions with him and needed another opinion. Some people had a angel and a devil on their shoulders trying to guide their actions. In this situation I feared I had a cat lady determined to be cynical and alone and on the other shoulder ...a big ol ho.

I know u up I wrote.

Unfortunately I know I'm up too, how did last night go?

Amazing, we had a private room at o’shays. There was a piano player, lobster and we danced. The BEST kiss of my life, Best date i’ve ever been on to be honest...

That’s awesome….so what's the problem? I bet you're overthinking again I smirked, my bestie knows me so well.

Well it seems a little too good to be true, Mr. rich alien hotness wants me and he’s also my boss....who’s romance novel did I land in?

She sent several laughing emoji’s to me I don't know but tell them to write me a story too!

Things like this don't happen to me.

Well isn't it time that it did? You're always encouraging me to go for what I want and to not miss my moments. Well now I'm telling you DO NOT MISS YOUR MOMENT. Maybe it'll be a quick fling with some great food and hopefully awesome sex, maybe he will be the love of your life. Who knows? But you won't if you don't at least try.

I paused in brushing my teeth as I reread that message. I could feel the words resonating within me, she was right. I couldn't predict what the future would bring but I knew I could miss something amazing if I let this pass me by. You're really gonna get a fat head now aren't you? I texted her smiling.

Darn skippy she wrote back quickly speaking of sex make sure you pass along ALL the details, I've been dying of curiosity to know if their any different down there

Shameless I texted her back shaking my head at her antics.

You know it! now invite him over for breakfast and go with the flow for once!

I nodded to my reflection in the mirror and decided to do exactly as I was told.

Image result for small planet drawing


“Good Morning” I said as I opened my door and invited Kale inside. He smiled and stepped in, closing the door behind him “Good Morning to you as well” he stepped closer “I hope you don't mind” I tilted my head confused “Mind what?” He slipped his arm around my waist pulling me against his chest. “This” he lowered his mouth to mine kissing me deeply. I felt the breath catch in the back of my throat and put my arms around his neck, kissing him back. I couldn't get over his taste still as bubbly as last night, still as good. I was getting used to his tongue and couldn't help the naughty thoughts I was having about it. I pulled back and bit my lip, feeling a bit dazed, “ Well hello to you too” I said huskily “Is that a standard greeting amongst your people?”

He looked at my lips and murmured “ No. but I may make it a new custom”He let me go reluctantly and let his gaze sweep me from head to toe, taking in my hair up in a messy bun, to my peach summer dress and bare feet. “You look wonderful” I smiled and looked him over as well, he was wearing a pair of faded jeans paired with a blue henley and brown boots. “ Thank you” I said over my shoulder as I led him to my breakfast nook, where I had food already laid out on the table “You look nice too”. He held my chair out for me and once I was seated rounded the table to take his own. He looked at what I had cooked and frowned a little looking confused.

“I'm sorry” he began “I don't mean any offense but I don't recognize some of these dishes” I chuckled at the apologetic look on his face “That's ok, these are cheesy grits” I said pointing at each dish in turn ‘“these are scrambled eggs of course, there's also some toast with jam and butter and this” I gestured at the last bowl “is corned beef hash cooked crispy, my all time favorite breakfast meat”

“I've never had corned beef hash or grits before.What is in it?”

“Well corned beef hash is basically diced potatoes and corned beef which is a type of meat that comes from a cow” I said tapping the rim of the bowl “ and grits are…..hmmmm...you know I never really thought about what grits are. Just trust me they're pretty good”

“Would you mind if I sample at first?” I picked up his plate and begin to dish up the food “No problem” I made sure to just put a spoonful of both the grits and corned beef hash and then handed the plate to him. I busied myself making my own plate not wanting him to feel self conscious as he tried the unfamiliar dish. I started eating, taking a few bites before looking up. I held back a smile as I noticed him adding more of both to his plate. He looked up at me and said sheepishly “ You were right. It's really good”

“Great I'm glad you like it” We ate quietly for a few minutes and I was struck again at how easy it was. Most of the time with new people silences were awkward with people rushing to fill it in. Or conversations were stilted with me casting around for something to say. I don't know what it was about Kale but everything was just clicking into place.

“ So” I began mischievously “ Did you know your name is the same as a vegetable?” He rolled his eyes before saying dryly “ Really? Is this what we're doing now Ms. Jones?” I burst into peals of laughter, out of everything I thought he would have said, that was definitely not on my list.

He smiled at me “ I know what kale is here on earth, but on my planet Kale means strong. My parents named me that as that is what they wished for me to become”

I heaved a sigh, boy that laugh was just what I had needed releasing the tension I hadn't known I was carrying “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean any offense. I was just thinking about it and had to say it.”

“No offense taken, don’t worry about it.” We continued to eat, finishing the last few bites we had left on our plates.

“Do you have any plans for today?” He asked after taking a sip of his orange juice.

“Well” I said slowly thinking “not really...nothing terribly important anyways maybe run a few errands and typical saturday adult type chores”

“How would you like to spend the day with me? In truth I would like you to spend the entire weekend with me but I'll start small”

“And what would we be doing Mr. Kapena if I spent the weekend with you?” I said flirtatiously.

“I would love to take you on a little trip..nothing to far maybe down to the beach. We can stay at one of the hotels on the strip, picnic on the beach maybe see a show…” he said enticingly.

“Hmmmm that does sound good” I said considering it, the beach wasn't really far maybe a hour trip from where we were in the city. I could always leave if things got weird or any probes happened to come out. I nodding my head “Ok let's do it. One condition though”

“And what's that?”

I grinned “You help with the dishes” I said waving my hand above the empty plates and bowls on the table. He laughed “You drive a hard bargain but you have a deal”

We stacked the dirty dishes together and took everything in one trip into my kitchen. It had an open floor plan with hardwood floors and granite countertops that curved around before ending in a bar. There was an island standing in the middle with the breakfast nook we had just been sitting in on the right. I motioned him to set everything down in one side of the divided sink and half filled it with hot soapy water. “Ok so I'll wash and you can rinse and put in the drainer” I said getting to work. He nodded stepping up beside me and taking the dishes I handed him.

“So how's the food on your planet? You mentioned last night that you thought earth food was better”

“Our food isn't bad it's just….tasteless compared to yours. Of all the vegetation that grows on our planet not many could be used as seasonings. And we have nothing like chocolate.”

I shook my head teasingly “ You poor poor Selkrians. Living without chocolate? That must be why your people are travelers, they were searching for their first candy bar!”

He laughed out loud at that “You may be right there” he said rinsing the dish he held and placing it in the drainer. He looked at me curiously before saying “ I must confess i am surprised that you are unattached. After I first saw you I was prepared to face a number of challengers to win some time to spend with you”

I chuckled slightly “ Nah, I haven't been accepting any contenders for awhile now. There was just so much going on, I lightly dated while in college but then I was busy with establishing a career and when you guys revealed yourselves….. It just never seemed to be a good time for anything serious”  I handed him a towel as I used another to dry my hands “What about you? Do you guys have dating or marriage like we do?”

“We do both. Unattached males will court the female of their liking to see if their may be a match there. Most of us wait for what you would call our soulmate while others make pairings based on other reasons”

I nodded and tossed my towel back over the edge of the sink “ All right let me get a overnight bag packed and we can hit the road”  He nodded and held up his phone “I'll go ahead and make the arrangements” I turned to go to my room but paused as he placed a hand on my arm.

“Before I let you go…” he cupped my face and gave me a sweet kiss that quickly turned heated as I ran my hands up his muscled chest. He groaned pulling me closer and moved his hands to grasp me around my waist. He dug his fingers in lightly and slanted his mouth against mine, deepening the kiss. His tongue swept inside my mouth as he turned and lifted me up to sit on the island behind us as I tilted my head giving him greater access to my mouth. He stepped in between my legs, bringing his lower body up close and personal with mines.

I could feel my breath hitch as I felt the heat he was packing behind his zipper. He ran one hand up my side stopping with his hand spread under my breast, the bottom curve resting against the space between his thumb and forefinger.  I moaned as he brushed his thumb along the side of my breast, wishing he would cup it completely. He slowly ground against me and I pulled away to gasp. I clutched his shoulders as he kissed down my throat, his thumb still drawing maddening circles closer and closer to my nipple.

“Wait” I panted pushing away slightly “The trip…” I took a few deep breaths in an attempt at calming down. He leaned his forehead against mine and we shared breaths for a few moments as our heartbeats slowed down. He rubbed his hands up and down my arms in a brief caress before pulling away and smiling down at me ruefully “Sorry” he said helping me down from the island “ I got a little carried away”. He held up his phone again “ I’ll just go make that call” and hurriedly left the kitchen. I fanned myself as I heard the front door close a few moments later. I walked into the hallway and pulled out one of the carry on bags I used when I had to catch a flight from the hall closet. I continued down the hallway to my bedroom and opened the bag up on my bed. I tapped my chin as I thought this is saturday morning, we’ll get there around afternoon and wont depart till sometime sunday. I wouldn't need that many changes of clothes, a swim suit for sure and pj’s, a couple of casual outfits and a nice dress just in case he decided to take me somewhere fancy for dinner tonight,  should be all I need.

I started gathering up my choices and folding them into my bag. I was headed into my en suite to grab my toothbrush and hair supplies, when I heard my front door open and close again. “ I’m almost done, just a moment” I called and hurriedly pack the last of my items.

“No rush”

I zipped up my bag and took one last look around to make sure I wasn't leaving anything before leaving my room and moving towards my living room where I assumed he would be. As I stepped into the room, he rose frose from the couch and walked towards me. “ All set?” he asked as he reached out a hand and took my carry on from me. I smiled up at him “ Yep, let’s hit the road.”

 

Image result for small planet drawing







Chapter End Notes:

stay tuned for the othe half!







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.