Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Decided to expand the story with a few more chapters.  These two have to lot to hash out and one chapter just wasn't enough.  Enjoy!




Author's Chapter Notes:

Evangeline confronts John on his deceitfulness.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended

 

The Confrontation       a JOVAN story a One shot

 

“John, if I could do it without being charged with assault and battery I would knock you out right now.  How dare you stand here and say that this doesn’t have anything to do with me.  I’m the one who helped you get that DNA test and you conveniently kept the results to yourself.  Hid them away in your closet so we find out later. Allowed a man who didn’t know who he was to go to prison just so that you could have his wife.  What kind of monster are you?  I don’t know you and now I see that I never knew you. It’s a good thing that you never said that you loved me because it would have been a lie.  You don’t know what love is.  If you loved Natalie so much you would have wanted her to be happy whether that was with you or with her husband Christian.  But no, you John McBain, the all knowing John McBain knew what was best for her and me and Christian.  Even if Christian asked you not to tell, anyone in his or her right mind would not have gone along with that nonsense.  Forget Natalie, she’d take you however she can get you, but what about Christian’s family?  What about his mother and brother?  Something in that pea brain of yours should have told you that they should have been told that it was Christian.  You two were so worried about Natalie and gave no thought to Carlotta or Antonio.  You were both out of your minds.  What does that child have, a magic crotch that have two men acting like idiots.  Whatever it is you were both wrong and now I have to clean up your mess.

 

Evangeline, what do you mean clean up our mess? Are you taking Christian’s case?”

 

“Yes I am and everything that you have done will be exposed John.  I will also bring charges against you for withholding evidence in a case that sent a man to prison.”

 

“Evangeline you can’t do this.  What will this do to Natalie?  Are you doing this because we broke up?”

 

“Get over yourself John.  Unlike you I take my job seriously and abide by the rules. Rules to which you too are supposed to adhere but it seems you only do that when it doesn’t involve Natalie. Also unlike you I am considering Carlotta and Antonio in this.  They should have been the first persons to know of John Doe/Christian Vega’s true identity.  This might cost you your job so prepare yourself.”

 

“You’re not cruel Evangeline, think about Natalie.  Think about what this will do to her.”

 

“Okay John. I will think about Natalie as much as Natalie would think about me.  Does that satisfy you?  Natalie wouldn’t care a rat’s ass, pardon my French, about me, she never has.  If she had she would not have inserted herself so often in our relationship.  But she didn’t have to do much because you were never in the relationship either.  I did all of the heavy lifting you just did the heavy ‘panting and moaning’, if you get my drift.”

 

Natalie walks in as Evangeline finishes.  

 

“Why are you here Evangeline? John and I are together now.”

 

“Enjoy that while you can Natalie.  I’m leaving.”

 

“What do you mean, ‘enjoy it while I can?’ she said as she grabbed Evangeline’s arm.

 

Evangeline jerked her arm away and said to Natalie,

 

“Don’t ever touch me again or you will find yourself in jail for assault and served with a restraining order.  Now good night to you both.”

 

Evangeline left with her head held high and a smile on a face. She thought to herself as she sat in her car to return to her office to start the paperwork on Christian’s case,

 

‘I was a force to be reckoned with when I first came to this town.  I got caught up in RJ and then John and grew weak and complacent.  No more, it’s time to take back my strength and I owe it all to John.  Let the chips fall where they may.  If John were here now I would say to him something I heard on one of the ‘Suits’ TV show episodes, ‘you’ve released the dragon, how you like me now?’






Chapter End Notes:

A/N:  An alternate view on the scene when Evangeline confronts John about hiding the DNA results.  Comments?  I do realize that the ‘Suits’ series was not in existence in 2005 but I loved that line from the show so I just had to use it.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.