Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Evangeline faces some major hurdles and must find herself again.  Just where will that leave all of those she knew before?




Author's Chapter Notes:

Nothing works better when trying to decide something than talking with a friend to get another perspective.  Sarah A. is one of Evangeline's best friends and she does not mince her words.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

Someone I Used to Know

 

 

Chapter 1    Talk With a Friend

 

Just want to touch bases with my friend Sarah A.  She always helps me to see things in a different perspective.  I know that Christian and I are through but I do want to talk with him and tell him that I’m glad that he’s painting again.  Maybe at least we can be friends.

 

“Evangeline why do you think that you have to be friends with your exes?  Let it go.  You go on with your life and let them go on with their life. You try too hard to be nice. None of them were nice to you. RJ was possessive and a stalker, McBain was emotional as a doorknob, and Vega was brawn and no brain.  What is with you and your choice of men since you landed in that town of Llanview?  Maybe you need to move here with me so that I can whip you back into shape. Where is my law school study partner who took no prisoners and did not ‘suffer fools’?  What happened to my fierce tigress?  I want her back!”

 

“Sarah I know, I know.  My life has been crazy since I moved here and I too feel like I’ve lost my ‘edge’. I just might take you up on your offer to visit but not right now.  I’ve just settled back into my practice after my blindness and it would not be fair to my clients to leave again so soon.  But I thank you just the same.”

 

“All right Evangeline I will hold you to that.  Do remember that now that I am filthy rich I will do everything that I can to assist you in any way that I can.  I would do it if I wasn’t filthy rich but it doesn’t hurt to have money.  By the way does anyone in that town know how well off you are?  With the interest from you investments alone you can retire now and not have to work another day in your life.  Why do you work my dear?  Do you like your job that much?”

 

“Yes Sarah I do.  I love being a lawyer. It’s what I always wanted to do and my Dad was so proud when I graduated from law school.  He couldn’t stop talking about how proud he was of me. I won’t give it up for anything or anyone.”

 

“Speaking of anyone I want to talk seriously with you about something.  Now before you argue I want you to hear me out. Just listen until I’m finished okay.”

 

“Sarah I know you’re going to talk about John but why?  John and I broke up two years ago.  Why do you feel the need to talk about him now?”

 

“Need I remind you Evangeline that the only reason you were with Vega is because John wasn’t available.  You would take John back in a heartbeat.  You always did when you were together.  Every time you tried to walk away he pulled you back in with his ‘I don’t want to lose you’ or his ‘I don’t want this to be over’ but never did he do anything different when you went back to him.  Oh and another prime example which I will never forget, the conversation in the courtroom after the announcement of Todd’s verdict. The way that you recounted it to me I know that you would have left with him if he had continued to talk. Let me remind you of the key points of that conversation.”

 

(E = Evangeline and J = John)

 

“… I don’t want you to show up with bad coffee or bad jokes, that’s not what I need.” (E)

 

“Whatda ya need?” (J)

 

“I sound like a child.” (E)

 

“Tell me what you want.” (J)

 

“I don’t want anything from you; not anything you can give me, anyway.” (E)

 

“Try me.” (J)

 

“I appreciate you uh trying to be my friend, but it’s not working for me.” (E)

 

“What makes you say that?” (J)

 

“I’m confused. I really appreciate you being there for me; I do. You let me cry in your arms the other night. It’s taking everything I’ve got not to do that again – right now.” (E)

 

“You do what you gotta do, it’s ok.” (J)

 

“No! No. It made me feel really good for a few minutes, but after that I started thinking about everything I lost. I’ve got way too much of that on my plate right now to add any more.” (E)

 

“Oh and don’t get me started about your conversation with him when you told him about falling in love with Christian when he said that ‘I thought about what we had together’.  All of your relationships after John are ‘marred’ by your relationship with John.  And please don’t get me started on Todd Manning.  Yes you two are good friends but leave it at that.  Sister girl you’re looking for love in all of the wrong places.  Take time for yourself now that you let go of that albatross around your neck called Christian Vega.  He was never the one for you and neither is Todd.  Until Todd can shake loose from Blair Cramer he will never reach his true potential.  I know that he has love in him in the way that he treats you.  He wants love too but he won’t find it in you because he is not for you.  There is no such thing as a soul mate.  Any body with any sense knows that.  There is no one right person for any one.  And as far as souls the only match we need is Christ. Now with that said.  I don’t agree with you going to Christian’s studio to talk with him.  Why can’t you have the conversation over the phone?”

 

“Sarah that is too cold even for you.  I want to make a clean break of it without any hostility.  Once I do this then I will move on with my life. Does that suit you?”

 

“I will allow you that but call me when you finish okay so that I know that you made it through this last episode with Vega.  I don’t need to come to Llanview and hurt someone.”

 

“Sarah you are a riot.  I am fine.  I will call you when I’m done to ease your mind.  Now I have to go. Thanks as always for listening to my ranting and setting me straight when I go off on some tangent.  I know my love life must seem like a soap opera to you.  Not all of us have the good fortune to have married the man of their dreams.”

 

“Evangeline that’s just it.  Stop dreaming.  Ivan is not the man of my dreams, he is the man of my reality.  Deal with reality my friend.  Be yourself and the right man will see you and pursue you and win you. You are a prize so don’t shortchange yourself.  Just because those idiots in Llanview don’t see how marvelous you are don’t allow that to dim your light.  Shine so all will see and take my word for it, Mr. Right will rush to your door.  Don’t get me wrong about this.  No woman ‘needs’ a man but just remember woman was made from man so we have a natural attachment.  Your man just hasn’t found you ‘his rib’.  Stay strong my friend.  I will always support you.”






Chapter End Notes:

We know what happens in Christian's studio but not all is as it seems.  How will Sarah react to Evangeline's injury?







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.