Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Agent Baxter comes to Llanview.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

Someone I Used to Know

 

 

Chapter 5    New Possibilities

 

 

Agent Baxter does not get the opportunity to visit as soon as he wants.  Just as he submits his paperwork for vacation a new case comes to his desk that he cannot postpone.  It takes three months before he finally submits his paperwork and receives approval for a two-week vacation.  He rents a room in a nearby extended stay hotel and make plans to call Ms. Williamson’s office to arrange a meeting.  

 

Already knowing his way around town he decides to go the diner for lunch.  As he enters he sees Evangeline in a booth with another beautiful young lady.  Antonio Vega/Santi is there talking with his aunt/mother and sees Agent Baxter.

 

“Agent Baxter what brings you back to Llanview?  I didn’t hear of another police case involving the FBI.”

 

“No, no new case.  I’m on vacation and decided to visit your fair city again.”

 

“Really. I don’t consider Llanview a tourist destination so why are you really here.  It wouldn’t have anything to do with Ms. Williamson would it?”

 

“So McBain told you about that.”

 

“Yes John and I are friends so yes he told me about your interest in Evangeline.  She also is a friend of mine and she really does not need any pressure put on her.  She’s been through a terrible ordeal and is still recovering.  I will ask you not to bother her.  If you genuinely care for her then give her time to recover and then when she is at her full strength pursue her all you want.  But do remember that if she does not respond to your advances, leave her alone.  Do we understand each other?”

 

“Crystal clear Detective Vega.  Now if you will excuse me I will go and introduce myself to Ms. Williamson.”

 

“No allow me to introduce you.  She doesn’t know you and it would be very awkward for you to just walk up to her out of the blue.  I’m not trying to help you with her I’m trying to help her anyway that I can. She is not a trophy Agent Baxter. So if this is a pissing contest between you and John you need to leave now but if you are genuinely interested in her as a beautiful woman then I will not stand in your way.  But do know that if you hurt her it will not go well for you here in Llanview.  Evangeline is a treasure and we protect our treasures.”

 

“Well you guys didn’t protect her very well from that One Pure People Group.”

 

“You are right we didn’t but we won’t make that mistake again so just know that I am watching you.”

 

“Why are you helping me when McBain is your friend.  He has interest in Ms. Williamson or at least he did at one time.”

 

“Evangeline can make her own decisions.  If John pursues her also then she is the one to decide not I.” 

 

We walk up to the booth where Evangeline is sitting with her sister Layla.

 

“Hello Evangeline and Layla.  Allow me to introduce FBI Agent Steven Baxter.  He worked with us on solving the One Pure People case. He knows that you were one of the victims and he wants to meet you.”

 

“Agent Baxter this is Evangeline Williamson and her sister Layla Williamson.”

 

“Pleased to meet you ladies.  Ms. Williamson I am so glad that you have recovered.”

 

“Thank you Agent Baxter for your kind words and for your assistance in solving the case.”

 

“Yes I thank you too Agent Baxter for finding those people who hurt my sister.”

 

“My pleasure ladies.  Now I won’t disturb you any longer.  Enjoy your lunch.”

 

“Why don’t you join us Agent Baxter?  What brings you back to our fair city?  Are you working on another case with the Llanview Police Department.”

 

“No this trip is all pleasure.”

 

“Really. I don’t see Llanview as a tourist destination so what pleasure do you expect to find here.”

 

“To tell you the truth Ms. Williamson, I’ve already found it.  Just meeting you two lovely ladies has made my trip worthwhile.”

 

“Well thank you for the compliment.  Let me get the attention of the waitress so that we can place our orders. I still have work to do and can’t spend all day in this diner.”

 

The waitress arrives and they place their orders and the food comes out quickly.  They talk and eat, and eat and talk.  Agent Baxter makes plans to take both ladies to dinner tomorrow evening at the Palace.  Evangeline leaves and Layla sits in the booth looking at Agent Baxter.  He notices her stare and asks,

 

“Is there something wrong Ms. Williamson?”

 

“Why are you really here Mr. Baxter?  Are you interested in my sister?  If so why not just say so instead of all of this surface talk?”

 

“I don’t want to frighten her or pressure her.  When I worked on the One Pure People case I did research on all of the victims something about your sister caught my interest.  I think that she is a wonderful woman and I want a wonderful woman in my life.  My job is a dangerous one and I’m at the point now where I don’t want a future alone.  So you ask if I’m interested in your sister, yes I am.  I was genuinely interested in her even before I met her and now that I have met her I am even more interested.  I came to Llanview to meet your sister and to find out if I even have a chance with her.  I am on vacation for two weeks and in that time I want to spend as much time as I can with her so that we can get to know each other.  I know that two weeks is not a long time but it is a start for new possibilities.”

 

“Thank you for your honesty Mr. Baxter.  I will not help or hinder you in your efforts.  You are on your own in convincing Evangeline to give you a chance.  She is still recovering for that ordeal and is not at her optimum level so if she dismisses you immediately do not pressure her into changing her mind.  If she considers you do give her time to acclimate herself to that new situation.  It will be to your advantage to do so.  Don’t hurt my sister Mr. Baxter.  That will not be to your advantage.  That is not a threat.  That is a reality.  I will leave now.  I too have work to do.  Good day Mr. Baxter.  I will see you tomorrow for dinner at the Palace.”

 

“Good day Ms. Williamson.  See you tomorrow.”

 

Layla leaves and Agent Baxter remains in the booth thinking about all that was said.  Antonio approaches him and asked how things went.  He responds that he will have dinner with the two of them at the Palace on tomorrow.  Antonio bids him goodbye and returns to the station.  Agent Baxter leaves and returns to his hotel room.






Chapter End Notes:

So will Agent Baxter win the heart of the fair maiden Evangeline?  As we all know, things are not always as they seem.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.