Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Celebrating the end of the 'terrible twos' Jethro and family have a party.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

Days in the Lives of Jethro Gibbs and Family

 

 

(Reference When Past meets Present an NCIS story Chapter 4) 

 

 

Chapter 10    The Storm Passes

 

 

Finally the pod people released my children and I now recognize them again.  Hurrah!  In celebration of this momentous occasion I decide to throw a party for Richard and Nicole.  They ask why because it is not their birthday and I just tell them that it is to give thanks for all of us surviving the rigors of the last year. A lot more happened last year other then the ‘terrible twos’ of the twins and I am thankful that all of that is now behind us.  Although reminding them that this will not always happen so that they don’t think we will always have parties just for anything.

 

It is not only a kids’ party but an adult party also and I arrange for kid drinks and food, a bouncing house, face painting, games and staff to watch the children and food and beverages and games for the adults. With all of the attendees working parents the party will take place on Saturday, from 12:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. The Sterns’ little boy Justin spends the night on Friday, he says so that he can help Richard get ready for the party.  Not sure what Richard needs to do to get ready for the party but Richard loves having Justin over so it was fine with Jethro and me.  Not to be left out Nicole has her friend Ashley to spend the night. Ashley belongs to the same playgroup as the twins.  Even though I home school the twins they do participate in a playgroup so that they do have some socialization time with children their own age.  

 

Everyone shows up and ready to party: the Palmers, McGees, Bishop, Reeves, Leon, Tobias, the rest of Gibbs’ poker squad, because they planned to play poker at the party, Lydia and my parents.  There is food galore and everyone is having a marvelous time. The kids are in the bouncing house, the paid help is watching the younger children making sure that everyone is okay.  Jethro and his poker buddies are over in another part of the yard bluffing each other hand after hand. 

 

I walk around the yard talking with everyone and making sure that everyone is comfortable and having a good time.  My mother is over at the face painting table getting her face painted while her granddaughter ooohs and aahs about all the pretty things on grandma’s face.  Dad is over with Richard and Justin tossing beanbags.  I tried pulling Delilah from her twins to get her involved in something else but she would not budge so I left her alone with them. Bishop was over under a tree reading and I plopped down next to her and we chatted for a while until my phone buzzes.

 

My private line buzzes so that means one of two things. Either Jethro is calling me from out of town, which he isn’t, because I can see him sitting at the table not more than fifty feet away from me, or someone is in danger and only has a moment to call me.  I look down and see a message.  

 

ROBERT IS ALIVE’.  I know exactly what that means and who sent the message.  I knew that I had not heard the end of Robert’s betrayal and I was right.  I know what I have to do.  Not wanting to cause anyone to worry I dial Jethro’s number and when he sees my number he looks around for me and I look at him and he knows something is wrong. I excuse myself and go in the house and straight to my office.  Using my coded phone I call the number and speak with my contact.  Evidence surfaced that verifies that Robert is alive and we have instructions to eliminate this threat once and for all. I don’t do fieldwork anymore. I can’t leave my children. I can’t leave my husband. Robert says that he will give himself up only to me.  It is a trap I know but too much is at risk.  By the time I end the call Jethro is there in the room with me.

 

“Just as I feared.  Robert is alive and wants to come in but only if I bring him in.  I know that it is a trap but he has hurt our country enough.  We knew when the drain on information continued after his so called death.  At least two of our comrades died because of his treachery.  I have to do this.”

 

“No you don’t Margie.  They can get someone else.  We have children now, we have a family now.”

 

“A week that’s all that I ask.  Give me a week to resolve this and then I will return.”

 

“He can kill you in less than a day so a week won’t matter.”

 

“Look at me Jethro, look at me.  Do you think that I want to do this?  Do you think that I want to leave you and the children?  No I don’t but I must.  It may seem like anyone can do this but they can’t. I told them when I recovered from the gunshots that this wasn’t over.  They took my advice and increased training and kept a wary eye on operations but we are trained to be the best.  Robert was once one of us and he knows our ways but he never liked me because I am a woman and I am a black woman who has been in the game longer than he’s been alive and he resents me for it.  He’s calling me out to show that he is better than I am but he forgets one thing.”

 

“And what is that Margie?”

 

“I am better than he is.  I already know where he is.  I’ve known for some time but wanted to wait until he made a move and now he has.  Give me a week Jethro and trust me to do my best. Take care of our babies and explain to everyone that I had to ‘go fishing’.  The children will think that I went to the cabin without them and they will sulk for a little while and try to convince you to take them to the cabin but keep them entertained and they will then think about something else.  My parents are used to my disappearing so they will help with the children.  Let them.  You go to work as usual and keep busy.  The car should arrive soon and I have to get my ‘go bag’. Remember that I love you and I will come back to you and Richard and Nicole.  Now give me a kiss and let me go.”

 

And we kiss putting into that kiss all of the love that we have for each and the fear that we might not see each other again.  I get my go bag and leave not looking back.

 

 

------------------------------------------

 

Margie’s been gone for three days now.  The twins were very upset that she left without saying goodbye but I consoled them.  Their grandparents came and stayed with us at our house so that the twins can stay in their rooms and their home while their mother is away.  When I returned to the party after Margie left I carried on as if nothing happened and no one asked but I think that they knew. Most of us work in the intelligence field and know that things change in a moment’s time.  I stay busy at work and for that I am grateful because if I had to sit all day with nothing to do but think about what is happening to Margie I will go crazy.

 

She said give her a week and that week has now ended with no word from her.  Thomas and Amanda sense how worried I am and opt to take the children to their home for the weekend.  On Saturday they’re going to Mt. Vernon to visit George Washington’s home.  The twins are excited and their grandparents are allowing Justin Sterns and Ashley Bancroft to join them so that they will have company.  It has been so nice that the Sterns and the Bancrofts agreed to this because it really diverts the twins’ attention from missing their mother.  Now if something could divert my attention from missing their mother.

 

Saturday morning dawns and I awake to another morning without Margie. I roll over and pull her pillow to me and just squeeze it.  I miss her.  That hot shower last night did a lot to relax me and I slept well last night but still not as well as I would have had Margie been here.  She gives me such a peace that I really miss it when she is not here.  After dressing I head down to the kitchen for breakfast.  On the toaster I see a note from Richard and Nicole, ‘I love you daddy’.  They must have left that before leaving with their grandparents.  I can see how Thomas must have written out the words and the twins traced the letters.  It warms my heart to see it.  I don’t want to stay in the house alone all day and I don’t want to go into the office so I get in my car, the one that my dad refurbished for me and take a ride.  I ride to just enjoy the scenery and to think about nothing.  

 

Two hours later I return home and go in and shower and to fix myself something to eat.  Oh man the shower feels good.  I shampoo my hair and wash off all the dirt of the day and I try to wash away the worry too and it helps for a bit.  Drying off I put on my sweats and start to head downstairs to the kitchen. As I exit our bedroom I hear the hall bathroom door open and look up and see,

 

“Hi Ace. I heard you in the bathroom and didn’t want to scare you so I showered in the guest bathroom.  As you can see I don’t have any clean clothes to change into so give me a minute and I’ll go downstairs with you.”

 

I grab her and kiss her so hard my tongue is down her throat and I am squeezing her so tight I don’t know where she ends and I begin.  I do not give her time to do anything because I pick her up and take her to our room and we both fall on the bed.  I don’t have time to undress and I just enter her and fill her with all of the love that I have balled up inside of me. I can’t stop kissing her. I can’t stop holding her.  I can’t stop telling her that I love her.  I cant’ stop pouring myself into her.  I don’t know how many times we came but I could not let her go. Rolling off of her I don’t allow her to move away from me.  I just pull off my clothes and return to making love to her.  We go on and on until we are drenched and in need of another shower which we take together.  Then we dress and go downstairs to make a meal of toast, eggs, sausage and orange juice.  Then we return to bed to make love again and just hold each other.

 

All that she says about the mission is,  “The storm has passed and all is well.”






Chapter End Notes:

Just love how they greet each other after being apart for a while.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.