Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Let's have a party!




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

Days in the Lives of Jethro Gibbs and Family

 

 

Chapter 15  All Together One, Two, Three

 

Lydia wants to have a party and wants everyone to come.  As I said before it doesn’t take much for Lydia to throw a party.  She wants us to go dancing but this time as couples but I insist that the venue will accommodate everyone and that the music will fit everyone meaning music across several decades and genres.  After a few days she finds just the right place and asks me for a list of names of persons I want to invite.  Of course she will invite our ladies night out group; Jethro’s poker group; Jethro’s team; and a few assorted other persons.  We don’t want to make the list too big or we will have to rent out the place and we want other people there so that the single people will have someone with whom to dance.  A Friday evening is the best time for such a gathering so we choose next Friday and she sends out the invitations.  No need to RSVP because if you show up you do it you don’t then you don’t because it’s not like we’re serving food or anything. Folks will eat wherever they eat and join us at the club after dining.

 

Dressed for fun Jethro and I arrive just as Bishop and Abby walk in. It’s good to see Abby because this is the first thing that she’s attended.  She has an open invitation to our ladies night out group but has yet to attend.  The club staff cordoned off a section for our group and everyone has direct access to the dance floor.  Lydia’s already there with her date, Dr. Standish.  They’ve been dating for a while now so this is probably serious.  I’m happy for my ‘sister from another mother’ because she deserves some love in her life.  We take our seats and wait for others to arrive.  It doesn’t take long because in comes a group of our friends:

 

Leon w/a date; Tobias w/a date; Dr. Confalone w/her husband; Agents Reeves, Torres and Sloane w/o dates; the Palmers and McGees (we made sure that the club accommodated Delilah’s wheelchair); Dr. Mallard w/a date; Evangeline and John McBain; our neighbors the Sterns; and the other ladies from our group came some with their husbands/significant others and some came alone, AND my parents came.  I am so happy to see them.  My parents love to dance so this should be a treat.

 

Introductions are made and we sit in groups around the dance floor. Drinks are ordered and the evening begins.  No one is tentative about getting up and dancing so that bodes well for the evening.  The first hour the DJ plays songs that allow everyone to dance at least once.  It looks like Tim and Delilah are having a good time.  They’re over in a corner so as not to bump into anything but just the smile on Delilah’s face says it all.

 

I pulled Lydia aside and told her that she made a great choice in her selection of clubs and she said that it took a lot of research but it looks like it was all worth it.  She said that she did speak with the DJ and told him the age group of people attending and he assured her that he was certain that he could satisfy everyone’s taste.  So far it appears that he is doing just that.  Good to see that no one is over indulging in the alcoholic beverages because we are not here to get drunk but here to dance and have a good time. 

 

Looking out at the dance floor I can see that those who came alone have no shortage of dance partners and that is so satisfying to see. I know from experience that you can have fun going out alone.  Jethro and I have danced several times and now we are taking a breather. My mother and father are the stars of this group and have changed dance partners several times.  I could have told everyone that age has nothing to do with what you can do but it’s how you keep yourself.  So the young people can now see that if they take care of their bodies they can remain vibrant for years to come.  What is great to see is that other males ask Delilah to dance and she seems thrilled.  That’s good too.

 

Then I hear it, the DJ teases with the intro but I would know that song anywhere.  Looking around the room I lock eyes with him and he looks away.  I walk over to him and say, 

 

“May I have this dance?”

 

“Mrs. Gibbs I don’t think that is a good idea.”

 

“Come on Torres, you owe me one.  Let’s show them what we can do.”

 

We make it to the middle of the dance floor and we dance to the song, that song that was playing when Torres approached me in that other club so long ago.  We twirl, we twist, we move to the music and when the dance calls for him to move behind me, this time he keeps a respectable distance.  The music plays and we move to the music and then the song ends. Then we hear clapping and we both turn around and give a bow.  I walk Torres back to the table that he shares with Reeves, Bishop and Abby and say to him in front of them,  “Thank you for the dance kind Sir.”  

 

I then depart to my own table where my husband awaits.  “That was quite a show you put on out there and it was nice what you did for Torres.” “So no more ribbing Torres for that one mishap.  We’ve all made mistakes and would rather not to have reminders of them. We do agree don’t we Jethro.” “Yes we do Margie.”

 

Not allowing a good opportunity to go to waste the other song that played during a similar scene but with a different culprit also plays and I do the same thing that I did with Torres.  I find Palmer and dance with him to put the ribbing and joking to rest.  Once again I walk him to his table and say the same thing to him.  With that done I have absolved both men of their faux pas and we can finally move pass those incidents.

 

This was such a good evening and everyone seems to have enjoyed themselves, as a matter of fact everyone said that we should do this again at least once a year and some even volunteered to arrange the next gathering.  Lydia jotted down the contact information of the volunteers and we all dispersed for the evening. It was a Friday and we have off tomorrow off so I have plans for my husband and me which include a hot shower, body rubs and then we’ll see where that leads us. 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.