Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

A quiet moment of reflection for Jethro and his thoughts about Margie.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

Days in the Lives of Jethro Gibbs and Family

 

 

Chapter 28  Through his eyes

 

She has no idea that I’m watching her and I like it that way. Most times she’s so aware of everything and always alert but this time her attention is diverted to Nicole and braiding her hair.  Now that is something I have not learned to do so I leave it all to Margie.  That’s not to say that I don’t do Nicole’s hair because I do.  I know how to put it in a ponytail but for some reason I can’t get my fingers to twist to put her hair in braids even if it is only two braids. Now with Richard all I have to do is brush his hair and he’s good to go.  Boys are so much easier but I wouldn’t trade in my little Nicole for the world.

 

Now back to Margie.  We’re in Nicole’s room and Margie sitting on Nicole’s bed and Nicole is sitting in between Margie’s legs on a pillow on the floor.  Margie starts off by slowly combing Nicole’s hair to detangle it.  I’m not sure about all the hair jargon but I just like watching Margie.

 

She has her own hair in one braid today.  She was cleaning the house earlier this morning, which she usually does on Saturdays.  While she concentrates on what she’s doing with Nicole I take my time appreciating the beautiful woman I see before me.  Her long slender fingers curve around he comb and her firm arm muscles bulge as she pulls the comb through Nicole’s hair.  Nicole’s hair is long like Margie’s.  On most days Margie wears her hair loose and it flows down to the middle of her back.  She wears it natural most days but some times she ‘flat irons’ it.  When she was in the field she usually wore wigs because wearing an ‘Afro’ or a natural was too recognizable when you were supposed to blend it with the crown.  It would have been easy to give a description if you stood out like that.  Now that Margie’s no longer doing fieldwork she can wear her hair the way that she wants.  I like her hair.  It is so soft.  I’m not one of those men who have a thing about long hair I just like Margie’s hair.

 

You probably don’t know this because I’ve never mentioned it before but Margie has a cute little freckle on her left nostril.  When she was in the field she always had to cover it because once again it was an easily recognizable feature.  But now she can show it in all of its glory and it is very sexy as is the one on her lip.  Now don’t get me started on her lips.  Kissing her is like eating Lays potato chips, ‘you can’t have just one’.  Don’t get me started on kissing her I can go on for hours about that.

 

Today she’s wearing shorts and I get to see her slim calves and slender legs.  She’s a runner and you can tell.  She’s 5’9” and all legs.  She keeps herself fit with all of her various physical activities and running after the twins helps too.  I get to enjoy her fitness when those long legs wrap around me in the heat of lovemaking and I have no complaints.

 

If Margie were to hear me talking about all of her physical attributes she would chastise me.  But she’s much more than the physical she has an amazing mind.  Margie loves to learn new things.  If she encounters something she doesn’t know she makes a point to study it until she does.  The twins have that dogged determination too.  Margie says that she always wanted to know more. When she was little she was always asking her parents ‘why?’ and then they made her do the research to answer the question for herself.  They would help her with the research though until she was able to do it on her own.  That’s how she got into learning so many languages that came in very handy when the CIA recruited her out of college.

 

Margie keeps me grounded.  She’s my anchor.  We’ve both worked in our professions for many years and have seen how so many things have changed and the new technology and new methods are not always for the best.  Neither of us are political people but we have to work through the politics that our jobs dictate but we don’t allow it to change us. We’ve changed with the times but we’ve also stayed the same.  Our core essence remains true and we continue to do our jobs to the best of our abilities.  We know that our family is the important thing and we nourish it and treasure it.

 

 

She catches me watching her and smiles.  Her eyes sparkle when she smiles at me and it warms my heart. Someone asked me why did I marry again after all of these years and after saying for so long that I would never marry.  All I could say to them was one word, ‘Margie’.

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

I really liked writing this chapter.  Jethro and Margie have such a good relationship and I just wanted to show that in a simple and heartwarming way.  Did I succeed?







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.