Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

 

Days in the Lives of Jethro Gibbs and Family

 

 

 

Chapter 30A day of rest

 

 

Not much farther to go.  He’s still asleep and for that I am thankful.  It wasn’t easy getting out of bed without waking him.  These days he keeps me too close sometimes I don’t know where he ends and I begin.  If I don’t get some relief soon I don’t know what I will do.

 

It’s a nice sunny Saturday morning and any other time you would find him in the yard doing something before it gets too hot to be outdoors. Or he might work on a project in his shop.  Why doesn’t he do that?

 

Great!  I’ve made it to the back porch.  Now maybe I can do this.  It’s ringing.

 

(Ring, ring)

 

Whispering I say, “Hello Tobias, it’s Marjorie.  I’m sorry to call so early but I need your help.”

 

I can tell that I woke him because he’s groaning.  At least I hope he’s groaning because I woke him and not groaning because he was doing something else other than sleeping.

 

“What’s wrong Marjorie?  Did something happen to Jethro?”

 

“No Tobias. Jethro is fine.  I need your help.  Can you come and get Jethro and take him somewhere for the day?”

 

“What do you mean, get him and take him somewhere for the day?  What’s going on?”

 

“Tobias he’s running me crazy.  He won’t let me do anything.  I can’t cook.  I can’t do laundry. I can’t clean the house.  He says that I might hurt the babies or myself.  I’m pregnant, not helpless!  He’s suffocating me. I need you to come and get him and take him with you.  You guys can do ‘guy stuff’ but away from here.”

 

“But what would I do with him Marjorie?”

 

“Tobias you would do ‘guy stuff’.  Things that guys do when they’re together.”

 

“Oh, you mean hit on women and get drunk?”

 

“Tobias if you have my husband hitting on women you both will ‘come up missing’.  And no don’t get him drunk.  Just take him away for some fun, relaxing ‘guy stuff’.  I don’t know. You think of something but come and get him within the next hour.  I need some time alone.”

 

“Oh, so the honeymoon is over for you two is it now?”

 

“Tobias Fornell!  You do not want to get on my bad side now do you?  You’re supposed to be Jethro’s best friend.  When we told you that I was pregnant you said that you would do all that you can to help.  Well I’m asking for your help now.”

 

“Okay, okay! Don’t get your dander up! I’ll come over, take him to breakfast and we can plan our day from there.  Will that work for you?”

 

“Yes Tobias that will work.  Thank you. You’re a good friend.  Bye.”

 

“Bye Marjorie. I’ll see you later.”

 

I make it back to the bedroom and Jethro is still asleep. I crawl back into bed and snuggle up to him.  He doesn’t wake but does pull me closer to him and puts his hand on my expanding belly.  The twins must be asleep too because they usually kick when Jethro touches my belly.  I start to fall off to sleep knowing that Jethro will answer the door when Tobias arrives.  He doesn’t want me bounding down the stairs.

 

Oh the joys of pregnancy!  But I wouldn’t have it any other way.

 

When Jethro returns home later in the day all my in-house chores are completed and I'm well rested.  Jethro talks about the relaxing time he had with Tobias and says, "Tobias and I should do this more often." I do not respond.  Everyone had a good day.

 

 

 

 












Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.