Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Margie and Jethro go out for the night.  Of course nothing happens when these two go out right?




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

Days in the Lives of Jethro Gibbs and Family

 

Chapter 5    Not Leaving Well Enough Alone

 

Lydia’s granddaughter Nancy is home for spring break and wanted to spend time with the twins so she’s keeping them for the weekend. Richard and Nicole are so excited they haven’t talked about anything else since Lydia called a week ago and arranged it.  They had so much fun with her during their summer trip to London and Paris and they keep in touch with her with Skype.  She’s such a nice young lady and Lydia and her parents are so proud of her. I was very surprised when she called and asked to keep the twins for the weekend.  Making sure that she knew that she would have her hands full with these two she simply said,  ‘’They are good kids Mrs. Gibbs and I just want to spend a little time with them.  My boyfriend and I are going to the carnival and thought that they might enjoy it, I know that I always did when my parents took me.”  Well Jethro and I agreed that it would be a good outing for them so we finalized the arrangements and are dropping them off at 6:30 p.m. tonight, Friday.

 

Well since it is not Jethro’s poker night and not my ladies night out he asks if I want to go out dancing with him.  Always ready to go dancing of course I said yes.  He says that I can pick the club and we will go wherever I want to go.  Most of the places that the ladies venture to play very upbeat tunes and Jethro’s not one for dancing fast.  So I choose one that has a great variety and we make it there before the crowd grows unmanageable.

 

Now don’t get me wrong when I say Jethro doesn’t care for the fast dancing that he can’t dance because he can.  This man has surprised me with what he can do more times than I can count and it is always a pleasant surprise.  We’re on the floor now doing a salsa and having a great time. Taking a breather from dancing we return to our seats and Jethro excuses himself to go to the men’s room. While away I sit and listen to the music and crowd watch.  The music’s beat quickens and couples crowd the floor.  When Jethro returns we order drinks, mine non-alcoholic of course, and just watch the dancers.  After several upbeat songs the music takes a slow turn and Jethro and I return to the floor.  Nothing feels better than being held in his arms.  In a way the music envelops us and we are in a world of our own just floating away moving against each other and close enough to feel each other’s heart beat.  We stay that way for several songs and then return to our seats.   

 

With time for maybe one or two more dances I stand to head for the dance floor but Jethro remains seated.  He’s had enough for the night so I go alone.  He doesn’t mind because he knows that before he came along I danced by myself for many a year.  But that was not to be this time because several ladies were on the floor alone.  Looks like Jethro isn’t the only man to call it quits for the night.  So the ladies make a circle and dance alone in a group. Just as I am in the process of turning a young man grabs my hand from behind to dance with me.  Oh no not again I thought, so imagine my surprise when Dr. Palmer is the culprit this time.  So as not to embarrass him I take his hand and dance with him until the song ends.  He’s a good dancer but by the end of the dance all one can see is his beet red face.  He’s apologizing so profusely I think that he might pass out.  I reassure him that no harm no foul until Jethro taps him on the shoulder. Palmer looks like he wants to run but Jethro catches him by the arm,

 

“Are you finished Palmer?  I would like to have this last dance with my wife, with your permission of course?”

 

 

“Sure Gibbs, you don’t need my permission to dance with your wife Sir.  I’m leaving now.”

 

“Wise decision Palmer.”

 

Palmer leaves and I hear laughing coming from the direction in which he is heading and see Torres, Reeves and McGee looking at Palmer as he returns to their table.  I can’t hear their conversation but I can guess that they’re ribbing him for making the same mistake that Torres made.  Of course he didn’t mean any harm he just wanted to dance.  The guys like to dance and their wives, those who are married, either don’t dance or at home with the kids.  Not that the guys don’t stay home with the kids too but this is just their night out and their wives also get a night out away from the kids but they also do a couple’s night out.   They are good guys.  Reeves and Torres are still single and they come out in a group because they are friends and like spending time together.

 

“So is that what happened with Torres?”

 

“What do you mean Jethro?”

 

“Did Torres make the same mistake as Palmer, in that he approached you to dance not knowing who you were?”

 

“Yes, that is exactly what happened and he looked just as shocked as Palmer did.”

 

“Well I can’t blame them really.  You are a beautiful woman and a great dancer and I would want to dance with you too.”

 

“Thank you my love now can we go home?  I need a hot shower and a drink.”

 

“Margie you don’t drink.”

 

“I do drink just not alcoholic beverages but I could use a Coca-Cola right now something to fizz my insides.”

 

“I can buy you a Coke here before we go.”

 

“No I want a Coca-Cola at home while sitting on the sofa in my pajamas while you rub my feet and work out these kinks from my wearing these high heels.  They look pretty and I dance well in them but it has been a long night and I need a break.”

 

“All right let’s go but before we leave I want to go say good night to the guys.”

 

“Jethro what are you going to say?  Don’t make Palmer feel any worse than he already does please.”

 

“Come on I won’t, I promise.”

 

On our way out we stop at the table where the guys are sitting and talking and they don’t notice that we are walking their way until we are standing right at their table.

 

“Good night gentlemen hope that you enjoy yourselves.  We’re leaving now. Have a good time.”

 

They all say good night and we leave and make it home.  After a shower and now in my pajamas and sitting on the sofa I sip my Coca-Cola, which utterly refreshes me and Jethro massages my feet.

 

“Did you have a good time Jethro?  I did, thanks for taking me out dancing.”

 

 

“I had a good time Margie but I may have to think twice about letting you go dancing without me.  It seems that you need protection from unwanted attention.”

 

He’s smiling when he says that so I know that he is not serious but I also know that Jimmy Palmer has not heard the last of this.  Just when I thought that we had put Torres’ little mishap in the past here comes another one.  Will these guys never learn to ask permission first?






Chapter End Notes:

So do you think that Jethro will go with Margie on the ladies night out or maybe trail her there to keep an eye on her?  Leave a review and let me know what you think and thnx for reading.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.