Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Evangeline gave the police the clue to rescue Natalie.  Now at the hospital after that rescue she and John have a brief conversation.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

Things best left forgotten

 

 

(Please remember that this is fanfiction and I’m making up things as I write so if it is not truly medical protocols do forgive me.)

 

Thoughts are captured in italics surrounded by //

 

Chapter 1

 

(The scene: Evangeline submits to hypnosis to remember the kidnapping and help the police to find Natalie Vega. Acting on a clue revealed during the hypnosis the police do rescue Natalie and John and Evangeline are at the hospital while the rescued Natalie receives treatment.  Evangeline tells John to stop second-guessing himself and just be grateful that everyone survived.  But it seems that John just can’t let go of the guilt that he feels that both women were injured because of him.  Later as Evangeline waits to enter the elevator to leave the hospital John exits the elevator.  They look at each other as the elevator doors close.

 

Riding the elevator down to the lobby alone Evangeline thinks that John won’t let go of his guilt and that will only weigh him down compounded with the guilt that he still feels from the deaths of his father and his fiancé Caitlin.  She remembers the pain of the kidnapping, the hesitated rescue by John, the hypnosis, and the fact that John has offered Natalie much more compassion than he offered her after her rescue. As she thinks these things her head begins to hurt and her vision becomes blurry and then she remembers nothing.) 

 

/

 

Watching Evangeline leave Johns thinks,

 

/How does Evangeline expect me to go on?  How can I not think about how it could have been her I pulled out of that pit? None of this would have happened it I had not gone back and forth between her and Natalie.  Yes I’m glad that Natalie is now safe.  Yes I’m here for Natalie but I’m also here for Evangeline but she doesn’t need me, so she says.  I’ve failed her I know.  She doesn’t understand that I have to protect Natalie because it’s my fault that Christian isn’t here./

 

/

 

Downstairs in the lobby people wait for the elevator to arrive. As the doors open people start to enter the elevator and stop in their tracks.  Lying there unconscious on the floor is Evangeline Williamson. Hospital staff rush and put her on a gurney to take her to the emergency room.  Doctors and nurses surround her checking her vitals but she does not regain consciousness.  The doctor orders a CT scan and she’s taken for the test.  Meanwhile hospital staff checks for identification so that they can call her medical contact.  They call her mother and Mrs. Williamson tells them she is on her way.  As they are talking with Mrs. Williamson Dr. Michael McBain passes the room and asks what happened with Evangeline. The nurse stated that Ms. Williamson was found unconscious in the elevator and has now been taken for a CT scan.

 

Michael knows that he needs to tell his brother John about this before someone else does.  He finds John still outside of Natalie’s door and he approaches him.

 

“John come sit down with me.”

 

“Why Michael, is something more wrong with Natalie than you’re telling me?”

 

“No John. I’ve told you everything about Natalie.  What I have to tell you has nothing to do with Natalie.  John, Evangeline was just found unconscious in the elevator and is now in emergency. At present they have taken her for a CT scan. They don’t know what happened as she has not regained consciousness.  Her mother is on her way to the hospital.”

 

“Michael what do you mean Evangeline is unconscious?  I just spoke with her.  I just saw her get on the elevator.  I have to get to her!”

 

At that moment Natalie calls out for John.  John looks at Natalie’s room and is torn as to what he should do.  Michael looks at his brother and feels bad for the decisions that John has to make but does realize that John had a great part in creating this difficult situation.  Natalie calls again for John and just as John leans to walk to her room Natalie’s mother, Victoria Davidson arrives and he tells Mrs. Davidson that he has to leave.  She asks why because she can hear her daughter calling for John. 

 

“Mrs. Davidson I have something else that I must attend to here in the hospital. You and your family are here for Natalie.  She’s in good hands. Excuse me.”






Chapter End Notes:

Is John ready to be there for Evangeline or is this another one of his lame attempts to make him feel good about himself?

Now this story may take a few chapters to complete.  Two years is a long time to forget and her memory may come back in bits and pieces UNLESS the psychiatrist suggests that her mother and/or others tell her what she doesn't remember in an effort to trigger her memory.

I had such fun writing the amnesia story for Jethro and Margie I thought that I would try it with Evangeline and John but there is a major difference here. Evangeline and John are not together and when/if Evangeline's memory returns she will remember that they are not together.  I think that it will be interesting to see how they both handle this situation.  I'm up for the challenge, are you?







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.