Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Now both Evangeline and Natalie are in the hospital.  Where will John's loyalty fall this time especially with this unexpected additonal element?




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

Things best left forgotten

 

(Please remember that this is fanfiction and I’m making up things as I write so if it is not truly medical protocols do forgive me.)

 

Thoughts are captured in italicssurrounded by //

 

Chapter 2

 

John turns to his brother and asks if he will accompany him to find Evangeline.

 

“Sure John come on.  You will need me with you anyway because they won’t give you any information on her because you are not family.  You do know that her mother will not be happy to see you.”

 

“Yes Michael I know but I’m not going for her mother I’m going for Evangeline.”

 

“Why now John? You weren’t this attentive to Evangeline when she was in the hospital after her rescue.  Why the concern now?  You know that’s what her mother will ask and I dare say Evangeline will ask the same thing.  I saw you hesitate just then when Natalie called for you.  John don’t give either woman any false hope that you will be there for them.  They deserve better, especially Evangeline.  It had to have been hard for her to endure the kidnapping in the first place but then to relive it under hypnosis.  That had to have been painful.  I understand that she provided a clue on Natalie’s whereabouts that aided in the rescue.  So Natalie owes her life to Evangeline.  Now I don’t have anything against Natalie but I don’t think that she would have gone through what Evangeline did if the roles were reversed.  Think long and hard about what you’re doing John.  Don’t make matters worse.”

 

“I know Michael, I know but I can’t not go see how she is.  I don’t’ know if she’ll even talk to me but I have to at least try.”

 

When they arrive at Evangeline’s room the doctor is in working on her and her mother is down the hall waiting.  She sees John approach and goes straight to him.

 

“Why are you here John?  I don’t want you anywhere near my daughter.  You’re the reason she’s in the hospital.  The stress has caught up to her.  They’re in there now trying to determine what caused this but I know.  YOU caused this to my beautiful baby.  I have no idea what she ever saw in you.  You’re not worth her.  Just go and leave her alone.  Why aren’t you with Natalie Vega.  You just rescued her didn’t you?  Didn’t my daughter risk her sanity with that hypnosis to give the police a clue on where to find your precious Natalie?”

 

“Mrs. Williamson I’m not here to argue with you.  My brother just told me about Evangeline and I just wanted to find out how she is doing.”

 

Before Mrs. Williamson can respond to John the doctor comes out to tell her that Evangeline is regaining consciousness and she can come in and see her.  They all start to walk to Evangeline’s room.  Surprisingly enough Mrs. Williamson doesn’t stop John from entering. They all stand around her bed and watch as she starts to open her eyes.  The doctor shines a light in her eyes to note the pupil response and then starts to ask her a few questions.  Then the doctor moves and watch Evangeline interact with the other people in the room, her mother, John and Michael.

 

“Mom what happened and why am I in the hospital?  Am I still in Llanview? When did you come from Maryland?  I don’t remember you planning to visit me this soon after my arrival in Llanview?”

 

“Evangeline what are you talking about honey you’ve lived in Llanview for two (2) years now?”

 

“No Mom I don’t live here.  I just came last week and haven’t even met my new client Mitchell Laurence.  Who are these men with you?  I see one is a doctor so I guess he works here but who’s the other man?”

 

At that point everyone in the room look at each other and then at Evangeline.  The doctor asks,

 

“Ms. Williamson what year is it and where do you live?”

 

“It is 2003 and I live in Washington, DC.  Why do you ask?”

 

“Ms. Williamson, the year is 2005 and you live in Llanview, Pennsylvania.  Over an hour ago you were found unconscious in the hospital elevator.  You are now in the emergency room here at Llanview General Hospital.  I’m Dr. Randolph and this is Dr. McBain. The man with him is his brother Lt. John McBain of the Llanview Police Department.  It appears that you have some memory loss.  We’ve conducted tests and see no physical anomalies that would account for your memory loss.  I will request a consult with our hospital psychiatrist who will examine you and assist us with a diagnosis.”

 

“Doctor are you serious?  You’re telling me that I have forgotten two (2) years of my life.  Am I going crazy?  What happened to me that I could just delete two (2) years from my memory. Mom what happened to me?”

 

“Evangeline just let the doctors do what they need to do.  I’m here for you.  I will call your Uncle Clay and he will come too.  Dr. Randolph how long will she stay in the hospital?”

 

“Mrs. Williamson I really don’t know. Your daughter is in great physical health so we ruled out any type of infection or other injury that would account for this phenomenon. Let me call Dr. Jamison and set up that consultation.  After that then we will have a better idea how to proceed.”

 

“Thank you doctor.  Evangeline I will go and call Clay.  Dr. McBain and Lt. McBain you can come with me.”

 

They all leave the room just as the nurse enters to take again Evangeline’s vital signs.

 

Once they make it pass Evangeline’s door, Mrs. Williamson corrals both John and Michael in a corner.

 

“Do you see the damage that you have done to my daughter?  She is so traumatized that she has lost her memory.”

 

“Mrs. Williamson we don’t know what has caused Evangeline’s memory loss and it’s unfair to blame my brother for this before we have a definitive diagnosis.”

 

“Well Dr. McBain I will agree with you about that but I want you two to stay away from my daughter and don’t repeat anything that you have heard about her condition.  It is no one’s business.  Do you understand me?”

 

“Yes Mrs. Williamson we understand you.  All John and I want is for Evangeline to get better.  She’s been through enough already and we don’t want to do anything to hurt her.  Right John?”

 

“Yes Michael that is right.  Mrs. Williamson I am sorry for any hurt that I have caused Evangeline.  But I do ask that you allow me to see her when the doctor says that it is okay.  I care for your daughter Mrs. Williamson.  You may not believe me but I do.”

 

“John your actions do not match your words.  Maybe it is for the best that she doesn’t remember.  Then she won’t remember all of the pain that you caused her.”

 

“Mrs. Williamson you may think that not remembering will help Evangeline but it won’t. As a physician I know that she will be more stressed that she doesn’t remember.  She’s already lived through the events once.  If she has to live through them again as she remembers them they may be more traumatic than the first time.  I hope that her memory returns quickly and she can make her way through this.  I’m being paged so I have to go. Mrs. Williamson I hope all of the best for Evangeline, I really do.”

 

“Goodbye Dr. McBain and I believe you when you say that.”

 

Michael leaves Mrs. Williamson and John standing in the corner.  John wants to say something but before he can voice it Mrs. Williamson’s phone rings.  She moves away to answer it and John goes and sits in the waiting room.






Chapter End Notes:

What more disasters can happen to Evangeline?  Hasn't she had enough bad things happend to her in the past year?  Well it may get worse before it gets better.  Hang on to something!







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.