Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The doctors consult on Evangeline's case and Mrs. Williamson reveals something astounding to Evangeline.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

Things best left forgotten

 

(Please remember that this is fan fiction and I’m making up things as I write so if it is not truly medical protocol do forgive me.)

 

 

Chapter 3

 

Why I am sitting here in this hospital room with no memories of the last two years of my life is a mystery to me.  The only thing that I can do now is wait for the psychiatrist to interview me, give a diagnosis and prescribe a course of treatment. Something must have happened to traumatize me so tremendously that my brain eliminated those memories. Was it to protect me or was it that the memories are so painful that the weight of them on my consciousness was just too much for my psyche to handle?  I do know that if I was strong enough before to bear the actual events as they occurred then I am strong enough to remember them.  I am Evangeline Williamson and will not shy away from the truth.

 

Dr. Randolph enters my room with another doctor whom I assume is the psychiatrist.

 

“Ms. Williamson this is Dr. Jamison the hospital psychiatrist.  I requested that he consult on your case.”

 

“Dr. Randolph where is my mother and why is she not here?”

 

“Ms. Williamson your mother is in the waiting room.  Dr. Jamison needs to examine you in order to ascertain a diagnosis and then we will ask your mother to join us.  Are you amenable to that?”

 

“Yes that makes sense.  Examine away Dr. Jamison.”

 

Dr. Jamison smiles and then begins his examination by asking me a battery of questions.  He checks my medical chart and asks questions of Dr. Randolph.  One hour later he completes his examination and invites my mother to join in the discussion.

 

“Ms. Williamson after speaking with you and Dr. Randolph I have determined that your memory loss is caused by the effects of some traumatic event that has resulted in your brain establishing a blockade against memories of those events.  The memories are still there but you subconsciously have blocked them.  Something happened recently, I presume, that caused this reaction. All the tests done by Dr. Randolph conclude that there are not chemical imbalances or no physical trauma that has caused this blockade so we surmise that it is a psychological condition.”

 

“So Dr. Jamison in layman’s terms, something traumatic happened to me and in an effort not to deal with the memory of that trauma I have subconsciously blocked the memory of that event from my mind.  If so then why can’t I remember an entire two years of my life if this trauma is something recent?”

 

“In answer to your question Ms. Williamson it appears that not only has your mind blocked memory of that single event but it has blocked memory of anything associated with that event or may have lead up to that event.  So it seems that two years ago something happened that started a chain of events that lead to the traumatic event that caused your mind to want to eliminate it.”

 

“So does anyone know what happened two years ago that started this chain of events?”

 

“Before we get into that Ms. Williamson I do want to speak with you about a course of treatment.  Knowing the initial event will not necessarily allow you to remember the subsequent events. You need to work your way forward not backwards.  My suggestion is that you speak with people who can fill in the missing spaces in your memory.  We are fairly certain that as you remember some parts of your past then they will trigger you to remember those parts that you have blocked.  In that you don’t remember the last two years then your family, friends and associates will need to help you in this endeavor.  Mrs. Williamson can you provide a list of persons who might assist your daughter in regaining her memory.  You and I can then schedule a meeting with them so that I can explain to all of them what they need to do.  I will have regularly scheduled sessions with Ms. Williamson so track her progress and counsel her should any significant challenges arise.”

 

“Dr. Jamison, yes I can provide a list for you.  How soon can we begin this program?  My daughter is a working defense attorney and I am sure her clients would be a bit concerned if she does not remember them.”

 

“Mrs. Williamson I understand completely so I would suggest that Ms. Williamson take some time off from work perhaps two weeks to a month.  I’m sure that it may seem like an eternity for an attorney but time is critical here.  The sooner we try to trigger the memories the better.  She can say that she’s taking a vacation.  The newspapers have widely covered a lot that has happened to Ms. Williamson in the past few months so I’m confident that her clients will be sympathetic.’

 

“Wait a minute Dr. Jamison what do you mean the newspapers have reported on what happened to me.  What did happen to me?”

 

The doctors look at my mother and my mother looks at me. She then says,  “Evangeline you were kidnapped.”

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

How will Evangeline react to this news and will this alter Dr. Jamison's plan?







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.