Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story


- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The gang is all here and the session begins.




Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Un-betaed

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

Things best left forgotten

 

(Hope you guys are enjoying the story. Leave a review and let me know what you think of it.)

 

 

(Mrs. Williamson’s POV)

 

 

Chapter 5

 

“Mrs. Williamson I agree. First let’s call Dr. Jamison and find out if he can come. Why do you want Todd here if I may ask?”

 

“Nora I know that you don’t like Todd and I appreciate that you’re willing to set aside your dislike of him to help Evangeline but I think Todd is just the person to get John to talk when he doesn’t want to talk.  His brother Michael will try to protect John but Todd will not.  It may get intense but I don’t care.  Todd will protect Evangeline in a way that neither you nor I can.”

 

I call Dr. Jamison and he agrees to come over.  He has finished his rounds for the day and has time for the session.  I explained to him my reasoning for getting everything out in the open now and although he hesitated at first after much convincing on my part he agreed that it made sense and will support me in this effort.  Nora then calls the McBain brothers and Todd.  They all agree to meet in an hour at Evangeline’s apartment.

 

Evangeline sits and watches while all of this is happening. After a while she goes to her room and comes back dressed in an outfit best suited for work.  

 

“Evangeline why are you dressed like that?  You didn’t need to change clothes this is your home.”

 

“Yes mother I did.  For me this is a business meeting and I want to look the part.  I know that neither of you might not understand but I feel so out of it in all that is happening and wearing this outfit makes me feel in control.  Does that make sense?”

 

“Yes it does and it is a brilliant idea.  That is why you are such a great attorney.”

 

“Mrs. Williamson you are right.  Evangeline that is a great idea to dress the part.  Now let’s get set up for this session.  We’ll move the furniture to form a circle and we can sit and we can all see each other.”

 

We move the living room furniture to create the desired effect but leaving room between each furniture piece so that one can walk between each piece.

 

Todd arrives first and helps with the furniture moving.  Dr. Jamison arrives next and seats himself in the single chair nearest the fireplace.  I have Evangeline to sit on the chaise that is placed next to Dr. Jamison.  Todd takes the seat next to Evangeline and Nora sits on the sofa where the McBains will sit.  I will sit on the last chair on the other side of Dr. Jamison.  I won’t sit until after the McBains are seated.  Nora explained that we are having a session to help Evangeline regain her memory when she spoke to each of the persons that she called.  Todd of course was totally blindsided because he did not know that Evangeline had lost her memory but he said that he didn’t care if he knew but that he would be there to help his friend.  The McBains finally arrive and we all sit down.

 

Dr. Jamison explains to everyone what we are to do. Evangeline has lost her memory due to a traumatic event in her life.  She does not remember the past two years of her life. Instead of trying to help regain her memory one person at a time we will address the event that caused this memory loss and hope that it will trigger her memories to return.

 

“Everyone here knows to which event I refer.  Ms. Williamson was kidnapped.  The trauma of that event and all the things that surrounded it has caused her to forget anything that was associated with that kidnapping.  Now let me explain that even though the kidnapping is a recent event the people involved in it are not a recent memory for her. Ms. Hanen will continue.”

 

“Thank you Dr. Jamison.  Evangeline has forgotten the past two years of her life because two years ago she met the people who were involved with the kidnapping.  Not that they were the actual kidnappers but her involvement with these people resulted in her kidnapping and so she has blocked them from her memories.  But in blocking them she has also blocked things that had nothing to do with the kidnapping.  She couldn’t pick and choose to just forget one thing and remember something else so her brain simply blocked the entire two years.  Well we her friends don’t want her to forget us so we are here to help her remember and we will do that by revealing everything that has happened in those two years.  I will go first.  Two years ago Evangeline came to town to represent Mitch Laurence in his divorce proceedings against his then wife Natalie Balsam Buchanan Laurence. Evangeline won that case.  Evangeline would want to forget Natalie Buchanan. Natalie has been nothing but trouble since she came to town.  Evangeline was kidnapped because the Killing Club Killer had something against Lt. John McBain and wanted to hurt him.  Evangeline was in a relationship with John but he spent most of his time rescuing Natalie.”

 

Michael interrupts Nora claiming that it is unfair to blame John for the kidnapping.  John touches his brother’s arm to stop him from continuing.  Nora resumes.

 

“Evangeline broke off the relationship and shortly after that she and Natalie were kidnapped.  John arrived in time to rescue them.  He rescued Natalie first and then Evangeline.  By the time other police arrived the kidnapper had once again taken Natalie.  Weeks later Evangeline submits to hypnosis to relive the kidnapping in order to give the police a clue as to where the kidnapper might have taken Natalie.  Acting upon the clue provided by Evangeline the police find her and John enters a pit to rescue her. Yesterday they were all in the hospital after Natalie’s rescue.  Of course John was there for Natalie and Evangeline was there because she is a good person and was glad to see that Natalie was now safe.  I was not there but I know my friend.  Some time later she entered the elevator to leave the hospital and was found unconscious when the elevators open on the lobby level.  When she regained consciousness she had forgotten the last two years of her life. Does anyone want to add anything?”

 

“John don’t you have anything to say?  My friend has lost two years of her life because of you.  I must say that I am surprised that you can tear yourself away from my niece long enough to come and help Evangeline.  You never seem to be able to do that when you were in a relationship with her but I guess now she is in distress then you are here to the rescue her.  That is what you do isn’t it.  Try to rescue damsels in distress and unless they are in distress you don’t have any use for them. Well my niece kept you very busy rescuing her. Digging up bodies to prove her innocence but you couldn’t afford Evangeline any time.  So what you come now to make up for what you did to her?  Don’t you have something to say?”

 

“All right Todd that’s enough trying to goad my brother.  John and I are here because Nora called us and asked if we wanted to help Evangeline to regain her memory and we both said yes.  You antagonizing my brother will not help do that.”

 

I watch Evangeline while all of this is happening and Dr. Jamison also watches her.  She has no expression on her face but she looks back and forth at the speakers as if she is watching a tennis match.  My attention is then drawn to John McBain because he doesn’t say anything but stands and walks over to Evangeline.  She draws back from him as he approaches but then relaxes. Once he’s in front of her he kneels and takes her hands.  He puts his head on her hands and then looks up at her.  At first I can’t hear what he is saying because he’s whispering and then his voice raises and I hear him clearly.

 

“Evie, Evie can you hear me?  Come back to me Evie.  I am sorry.  I am so sorry for the hurt that I have caused you.  I was wrong Evie!  I was wrong to try to push you away.  I thought that you would be safer away from me.  You were right to leave me.  I have only caused pain to enter your life.  Fight Evie!  Fight! You are strong.  You are the strongest person that I know.  Everyone here loves you.  We want you to come back to us.  Come back Evangeline.”

 

Then John does something that totally catches me by surprise. He starts crying.  He’s still holding her hands and puts his head down on her lap and continues to cry.  He doesn’t say anything but he continues to cry.  Michael starts to stand to go to his brother but he notices that Dr. Jamison raises his hand to stop him.  We all look at Dr. Jamison who returns our stares and then he nods his head towards Evangeline.  I look at my daughter and notice that her eyes are closed but her mouth is moving.  I can’t hear the words but her mouth continues to move.  I see Dr. Jamison put his finger to his mouth to indicate that we should not speak.  Evangeline starts to move her head back and forth but still with her eyes closed. John still has his head in her lap and he has stopped crying but has not moved from that position.  By this time I am ready to get up and move John from my daughter’s lap when I hear her say,

 

“Don’t cry Johnny it will be all right.  Don’t cry Johnny.”

 

When Evangeline tells John to stop crying she lowers her head to rest on top of his.  He still holds her hands.  You could have heard a pin drop in that room.  None of us knew that Evangeline and John had such a deep relationship where they have nicknames for each other and from the scene before us they have previously found themselves in this same position.  We all knew that Evangeline loved John but did not believe that he loved her.  We never realized that perhaps he too was in pain at the breakup of their relationship.

 

 

A/N: I don't know about you but I was a little teary eyed when John said, "Evie, Evie can you hear me?  Come back to me Evie."

 

 

 

 






Chapter End Notes:

Wow that was quite emotional!  Let me know how it affected you.







Enter the security code shown below:
Note: You may submit either a rating or a review or both.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.